PDA

View Full Version : Central Florida Knitters

flhusker
07-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Any knitters here from the Central Florida area? I am in Lakeland Florida and would love to meet other knitters in my area.

debminerva
07-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi! I was born and raised in Lakeland, but now I live in Orlando.

Accordingly to Ravelry, there are two Lakeland-convenient knitting groups:

Larks (Lakeland ARea KnitterS) fiber artists meet at Black and Brew Coffee House and Bistro at 205 East Main St, Downtown Lakeland every Saturday 10:00A until Noon.

Four Purls - A place for Knitters and Crocheters from Winter Haven and surrounding areas who shop at Four Purls, Winter Haven, FL.

If you aren't a member of Ravelry, you should join and just search for these groups. It's as simple as clicking a button to join these groups.

Christinechrstms1
07-29-2012, 08:52 PM
I am usually in that area for 1 month every winter but that's all. I live in Canada near Niagara Falls. A friend who travels with me showed me how to knit just this past March. I am not sure if we will be going this coming winter but if so it would be great to meet up.

flhusker
07-30-2012, 07:38 AM
I belong to Ravelry and know about Larks; however, because I take care of my grandchildren I am not able to attend the meetings.

I've been to Four Purls and it's really a nice shop; however, it is quite a ways to go. Being on a fixed income I am trying to conserve on gas and not driving any further than I have to.

Christinechrstms1 - if you do make it down this way this winter let me know. Maybe we can get together.

Dbrownis60
01-16-2013, 10:00 PM
I live in Ridge Manor, FL and am looking for a knitting group to meet new people. I too am a Ravelry member, love that website !!

Daylilydayzed
01-19-2013, 11:17 PM
I live in Lakeland. Where in Lakeland are you? Please give a general area, not exactly where you are. I am near Southeastern University and Crystal Lake Elementary School.

LaStade
05-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi, I live in the panhandle, near Panama City, but will eventually move to your area because my son, daughter-in-law, and 7 grandkids live in Haines city. I can't wait to get down there. I love to knit and crochet. Are there any good yarn shops in Lakeland?