PDA

View Full Version : Knit along 365 Knitted Stitches Perpetual Calender

Cables and Lace
01-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Happy New Year 2013. My New Year's Resolution is to Knit at least one new Pattern a day. I am using the Perpetual Calender published by Martingale& Company. I am doing Swatches one daily 4" x 4 ".Another i am knitting Monthly Panels t(12) to be put together.
Inviting comments from anyone who already knitted this or like to Join the KAL

Jan in CA
01-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Scared me there....before I read the swatch part I was wondering if you ever slept!:lol: that's a cool idea. Save them all up and make a blanket when you're done!

Welcome to Knitting Help!

Marina1109
01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
That's a great idea!! :thumbsup:

Newstitchaday Did that same thing, but with monthly projects
http://newstitchaday.com/patterns/

mojo11
01-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Scared me there....before I read the swatch part I was wondering if you ever slept!:lol: that's a cool idea. Save them all up and make a blanket when you're done!

Welcome to Knitting Help!

Yeah, I had the same reaction! :noway:

Cables and Lace
01-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Thank you all for replying. I did not know about the monthly Knit Along Afghans. Thanks for the Link. I saw it now. It is Funny you all thought I was going to Knit an Afghan a Day for Each Stitch! Wow! I am an experienced and Fast Knitter. I have knitted a Complicated Cables Sampler Afghan Twin Size in 2 months in 2005. I have Knitted the Vintage 100 Stitches Knitting Primer in 1976 but took 3 months for it. But this year I started Knitting 4" x 4" Swatches. I tried crochet around each square to keep it from Puckering. I may just knit the squares and hand write the Pattern as well as write a chart and make a 3 ring Binder!!!. Now I am knitting one more in a very planned way 365 knitted Stitches Perpetual Calender Afghan. I am following Strictly this Perpetual Calender published by Martingale & company just for the heck! This calender has been sitting on my Desk for the past 10 years catching dust with me changing to the current date several times a year. The stitches seemed very simple and basic so did not interest me.I was busy Knitting Complicated Cables and Lace. But this year I thought I will start this no Brainer! Wrong. I am designing my own version but sticking to knitting the stitches by the day of this Calender published by Maringale & company. Yes there are millions of Stitches and Variations and knit Alongs and Afghans around but I am making this my own Unique Project. I have stitched a Needle Point Perpetual Calender in 1991. So I am adding my own stuff and it has to be penned even before I get started on the very First Swatch.Since Jan 1 2013 after I started this,I finished 2 Sweaters and 2 Hats and leggins for my Grandson 2, and my Granddaughter(1) ,and a Baby Cocoon with Cap for newborn due this week ! I will Post my one weeks work hopefully by tomorrow and will catch up with Jan before I go onto Feb. Please follow me. I really appreciate your input and comments.

Cables and Lace
01-25-2013, 10:07 PM
I started knitting on Jan 20 on this calender. Today Jan24 I am Swatch 20! I will try to post some pictures trying to post for the First time. here I go.

salmonmac
01-28-2013, 07:23 AM
If you're having trouble posting photos, try the link in Jan's signature:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1118273#post1118273

You have been one busy and productive knitter. Love to see your progress on this latest.

Woodi
03-14-2013, 01:13 PM
So.... how are you doing with this project? Still keeping up, knitting new stitches each......month is it?

just wondering how it's going.