PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Baby Blanket

LoveBugAngel
03-07-2013, 10:03 AM
This is my first time using any sort of "lace" pattern. I got this yarn on sale it's a giant ball. It's Bernat Baby Sport so I found this pattern and am working on it.

I messed up the first try and ended up unravelling the whole thing. This is my second shot at it, and I was about 3 hours in when I realized I messed up the garter stitch on the side, but thanks to some kind folks here I was able to fix it without having to unravel the whole thing.

I took this photo before I had made the mistake. I have worked probably a total of 8 hours on it so far, so I do have a bit more than this photo shows.

Thats mom holding up my work for me to take a photo.

nonny2t
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
It looks great and I love the colors they are perfect for a baby. Keep on going it is going to be fabulous when finished!

Antares
03-07-2013, 10:47 AM
It's gorgeous! The perfect start to a perfect baby blanket.

By the way, you might want to insert a lifeline (and be sure to mark on your pattern where you put it, too) so if you mess up again, you don't have to start over from the beginning; instead, you can just rip back to your lifeline and start from there.

GrumpyGramma
03-07-2013, 11:39 AM
That's a great start to a beautiful blanket. Love the colors. Thanks, Mom, for the helping hand!

salmonmac
03-08-2013, 07:34 AM
That's going to be a beautiful baby blanket. It's a lovely pattern and it works well with the multicolor yarn. Can't wait to see the complete blanket. I second the idea of the lifeline (http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/using-a-lifeline). You may not need it but just in case, it'll save lots of time.

LoveBugAngel
03-08-2013, 11:20 AM
It's gorgeous! The perfect start to a perfect baby blanket.

By the way, you might want to insert a lifeline (and be sure to mark on your pattern where you put it, too) so if you mess up again, you don't have to start over from the beginning; instead, you can just rip back to your lifeline and start from there.

I'm not sure what you mean by insert a life line? How would I do that?

LoveBugAngel
03-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Slow progress but it's coming along. I almost think it may not be wide enough. But I suppose I can just make it longer to make up for it being short in width.

GrumpyGramma
03-08-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by insert a life line? How would I do that?

How To Use Lifelines In Knitting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS8qzSaJnZA)

ArtLady1981
03-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Lovely work! I like to work with pastels! Very cheery!

LoveBugAngel
03-15-2013, 06:14 PM
So upset had to frog the whole thing! Starting over making it wider will def use a life line this time

dturner
03-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Oh, dear! I'm sorry you had to frog again! As Antares mentioned lifelines can save a lot of time and frustration when knitting lace patterns. It always seems that when I add a lifeline, I never need it, but if I DON'T add one I always seem to make a mistake! :rofl:

LoveBugAngel
03-17-2013, 04:14 PM
you know I added one and I keep moving it up every few rows but I find it really hard to knit the following row after inserting the life line because it makes it so tight.

sommeranne
03-24-2013, 12:28 AM
Looks great! And I have been working on a bolero for a few days now and have unraveled it about 10 times after getting about 4-8 rows done because of a problem I didn't realize and get to frustrated trying to fix it.

Antares
03-24-2013, 09:59 AM
you know I added one and I keep moving it up every few rows but I find it really hard to knit the following row after inserting the life line because it makes it so tight.

Yeah, that first row after you insert the lifeline can be a bit tricky; however, it all becomes worth it when you make a mistake and have to rip back! Trust me on this one!!!