PDA

View Full Version : Tester needed for Knit and Crochet wrap

Paulaque
03-17-2013, 12:24 PM
I need a tester. If you can crochet and knit, then please reply to this thread. The pattern calls for size 10 circs or straights, worsted weight yarn, and size J crochet hook. I will share the picture and pattern with a trustworthy person, and if they have any suggestions or changes that would make the pattern better in both of our opinions, I WILL give credit on the pattern. Since this is a test pattern, you do not have to use wool or other expensive yarns, I would prefer you use acrylic, RedHeart in any color or color way. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask.

Paulaque
03-17-2013, 12:32 PM
also feel free to message me on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/prettydamnque

GrumpyGramma
03-17-2013, 12:38 PM
How complicated is this pattern. I want to try it for you but fear it's beyond my skill level.

AH1OZ
03-17-2013, 01:03 PM
whats the timeline on it to be done?

I could test it for you.

I am pretty bad at updating my ravelry page, but you can look at my notebook to see projects I have done.

Paulaque
03-17-2013, 01:18 PM
GG, for this pattern you need to know how to knit, purl, k2tog, p2tog and yo, (crochet) chain, hdc, dc and how to increase in corners. It is not that hard, just a lot of repeating that makes it beautiful. I would be happy to have more than one person knitting/crochetting it at a time, but I am on social security, so I do not have a lot of money for testing.

Paulaque
03-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Oops, spelled your name wrong AH10Z, please forgive me. There is no time line, I am just now submitting it to different pattern companies.

GrumpyGramma
03-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Would acrylic yarn be OK for it? I don't often use wool.

Paulaque
03-17-2013, 01:36 PM
I would prefer it to be worked in acrylic, worsted weight

Paulaque
03-17-2013, 01:37 PM
and I need your email so I can send you the pattern, and pictures

Paulaque
03-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Emails sent! Now just to wait until they find my first mistake, lol!

AH1OZ
03-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Emails sent! Now just to wait until they find my first mistake, lol!

lol

sent you some knit picky things :P haha

ruvo44
03-18-2013, 08:24 AM
If you are still needing a tester, I would be interested

offgridgirl
03-18-2013, 10:01 PM
I am also available to test this pattern, if you haven't found any one. I am an advanced knitter. offgridgirl at gmail dot com.:yay:

Paulaque
03-18-2013, 10:23 PM
sorry, ladies, I have been in the hospital all day. I don't know how many testers I need for this, this is my first time. If anyone has advice, I am open!

Antares
03-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Hope you are not sick, Paulaque, and if you are, that you're feeling better soon.

I think I would want maybe three test knitters to try out a pattern, but that's just me, and you may actually need more than that. Perhaps you could contact someone on Ravelry who has had a pattern test knitted to see how many he or she used.

Paulaque
03-18-2013, 11:33 PM
very sick, the fibro fairy came and knocked me out, but that is my own fault for inviting her in after shopping all morning, thinking I was superwoman and not using my wheelchair. I will be good in a few days. Offthegrid, I LOVE your name, we are preparing for that right now ;)

offgridgirl
03-19-2013, 12:00 AM
It's not just a name...but a religion!! We have been generating our own power for 20 years now...no stopping us!!:yay:

Paulaque
03-21-2013, 05:10 PM
I am checking in, severely dehydrated and hooked up to an IV, hoping to get out today sometime, just wanted to see if there were any problems. Found out I have the stomach flu, so should be okay soon, with a compromised immune system, even a little bug can knock me down for the count.

GrumpyGramma
03-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Get well! IRL got in the way and I hope to get started actually making the pattern very soon. My swatch worked fine so I think the pattern will be fine too. Sorry I'm so slow.

Paulaque
03-21-2013, 10:53 PM
no, no, you are fine, just didn't want you all to think I had forgotten you. I am home now, still very sick, but good enough to sleep in my own bed (hopefully not in the bathroom)

Paulaque
04-12-2013, 01:12 AM
if anyone has any questions or concerns, or just comments, whatever, I am available...

GrumpyGramma
04-27-2013, 11:07 PM
I hope you're well. I sent you emails but I know your health may be keeping you from even reading them, I don't think I've seen a post from you for a while even. I've bound off and now can't find a J hook so I'm going to try an I. Fingers crossed. If I'd realized before I went to the store I could have bought one. I know I should have one somewhere but I've not crocheted much for several years now. *sigh* I think I'm running short on yarn and WalMart didn't have it today. I'll order some online if I must.

Paulaque
04-29-2013, 04:32 AM
not feeling well at all, this crazy weather, an I hook should be fine, I can't wait to get a picture! Overall, what did you think of the pattern? Do you like the fabric that you made? What do you like most, least, why?

GrumpyGramma
04-29-2013, 04:56 AM
I hope you feel better soon. What's your crazy weather? We've got spring rain, had some lovely sunny days and I already have had the heat turned off. I think I'll turn it on in the morning.

I love the waterfall lace stitch. It worked up nicely in my Red Heart With Love. Somehow the lace stitch contrasts nicely with the yarn. I found my J hook this afternoon so I can try it. I'll puzzle over the crochet part again tomorrow.