PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Pet Snuggles -- Part 2

Pages : [1] 2

sakura-panda
03-21-2013, 12:26 PM
(Part 1 is here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83565]

The first thread -- started back in 2008! -- has gotten so long and there have been so many changes (most notably in leadership) that I thought it was time to spin a new one.

Many thanks to Sandy (Shandeh) for getting us started making pet snuggles to donate to animal shelters and rescue centers. :thumbsup:

Inspired by (but not affiliated with) the Snuggles Project (http://www.snugglesproject.org/) and our own charity "oddball" blankets, we have been knitting acrylic oddball blankets sized for animal cages.

Our blog (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/) has photos of the blankets that have been made and donated in the past year.

Description of the project:

We are making these blankets out or acrylic yarn. Stash yarn is acceptable and encouraged! Some of us have fun coordinating our yarns and colors with the other sections of the blanket, but it isn't necessary -- the animals don't care.

These will measure about 25" x 24" inches when completed. According to the snuggles website, this is is the guideline size for for cats and small to medium dogs.

What to do:

These snuggles are made with 2 strands of worsted weight acrylic yarn held together and a size 10 - 11 circular needle.

First knitter: Cast on 72 stitches and knit (garter stitch) for about 5 inches (about 15 ridges). Leave the stitches "live" on the needle, put it in an envelope, and send to the second knitter.

Second, third, and fourth knitters: With your yarn, knit (garter stitch) for 5 inches. Leaving the stitches on the needles, package and mail to the next knitter.

Fifth (last) knitter: With your yarn, knit (garter stitch) for 5 inches. Bind off, take a picture for me ;), and drop off at your shelter.

I'll start a sign up list for the next blanket and the last knitter becomes the first knitter!

Additional comments:

We will have signups for each snuggle here in this thread; when we have enough knitters, I will evaluate the order of knitters based on the position the people request as well as on who has donated most recently (or not at all.) I want everyone to have a chance to turn in a blanket, if they want. Most likely everyone will stay in the order they signup, but it is not absolute.

Feel free to chat and make non-snuggle related posts. I will be doing so and would prefer to not be talking by myself. :teehee:

If you have any questions, please comment here or send me a PM (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=24109) and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

sakura-panda
03-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Current Snuggle Lists:

Morning Meadow
1. Katie/sakura-panda
2. Susan/susauehl
3. Janis/Woofens<-- Currently knitting
4. Kari/kdodge8
5. Mary Ann/salmonmac

College Years:
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac<-- Currently knitting
3. Katie/sakura-panda
4. Janis/Woofens
5. Kari/kdodge8

TBD:
1. Kari/kdodge8 <-- Currently knitting
2. Janice/Woofens
3. Susan/susauehl
4. Mary Ann/salmonmac
5. Katie/sakura-panda

MIA Snuggles:

Sunrise Snuggie
1. maryknitwit
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Felicia/felicity36 <-- Currently knitting

Patriotic Pets:
1. Mary Anne/salmonmac
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
3. maryknitwit
4. KrisitinMei <-- Currently knitting ?
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
3. Kristin/KristinMei <-- Currently knitting ?
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

Scrappy Snuggie: (Unmatched/no two sections are the same color)
1. Lizars1735
2. maryknitwit <-- Currently knitting ?
3. Mary Anne/salmonmac
4. sakura-panda
5. Janis/Woofens

Done and waiting for photo:

None! All past blankets are posted for your viewing pleasure on the blog (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/)! :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
03-21-2013, 12:32 PM
I've finished my section of Into the Forest and it's ready to go to the next knitter. I'll be starting Collie Cuddle this week (now that I've found both yarns and the needles -- I need to get started before I lose one of them again! :teehee: )

What's going on with everyone else? We have spring break coming up and have been discussing driving down to Kentucky and visiting a few sites over the week.

KristinMei
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks for setting up the new thread! Do you need my address?

I've been on spring break this week and have been reveling in doing nothing! :) In reality, I've done quite a bit of school work and other little projects around the house, but it's nice to be able to relax a little.

sakura-panda
03-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for setting up the new thread! Do you need my address?

I've been on spring break this week and have been reveling in doing nothing! :) In reality, I've done quite a bit of school work and other little projects around the house, but it's nice to be able to relax a little.

I still have your address from Calico Kitty and if you've moved -- I hope your mail is getting forwarded! :teehee: I'm dropping it off to the post office after work tonight -- my post office has an after hours postage station so I can send it even though they will be closed when I get there -- hopefully you get it early next week.

It's always nice to get caught up on things without the pressure of some other deadline or schedule hanging over your head. I'm glad you had a relatively relaxing week! I'm ready to get out and away for awhile and am looking forward to seeing some new sights.

I started Collie Cuddle last night -- continental, since if I mess up and I can frog and it only affects my own work. It's going pretty well so far. Relatively slowly, but not much slower than my usual knitting, and no dropped stitches, so that's good. :thumbsup:

KristinMei
03-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Sounds great! I haven't moved, so the address should be good. :)

Good luck with the continental. I learned to knit continental and haven't tried anything else yet.

Lizars1735
03-26-2013, 12:43 PM
I started Collie Cuddle last night -- continental, since if I mess up and I can frog and it only affects my own work. It's going pretty well so far. Relatively slowly, but not much slower than my usual knitting, and no dropped stitches, so that's good. :thumbsup:

Good luck with continental. I switched from English to continental and I like it better. Much less motion on the knit stitch.

KristinMei
03-26-2013, 11:45 PM
I received "Into the Forest" yesterday, it looks great. Thank you so much for the goodies, Katie!

sakura-panda
03-27-2013, 10:05 AM
I received "Into the Forest" yesterday, it looks great. Thank you so much for the goodies, Katie!

Great! I was wondering if you received it. I used the self-service postage machine -- it was about 9:30 pm, after hours -- and *after* I put it in the dropbox, I read the notice on the door that packages greater than 13 ounces *must* be taken to a clerk or it would be returned.

My receipt said it was 14+ ounces and I have been afraid that it was on its way back to me instead of going to you.

On the other hand, the machine that *weighed my package and printed my postage* should have warned me that it was too heavy instead of only asking me to check that it would fit in the drop! :doh: :teehee:

I'm glad you got it so promptly! :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
03-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Good luck with the continental. I learned to knit continental and haven't tried anything else yet.

Good luck with continental. I switched from English to continental and I like it better. Much less motion on the knit stitch.

Thanks! I've been so busy this week getting ready for spring break that I haven't been working on it. I may take it to swim class with me tonight -- I usually don't because it is so *humid* in the bleachers that the yarn seems extra sticky and I don't like that. :pout:

Maybe I'll take it on vacation with me and then mail it out from wherever I am when I finish! :thumbsup: That could be fun!

We're going to Kentucky, and I don't know if it's the season or if it's always like this, but all the attractions we are visiting are closed by 6 pm. I'm not used to getting enforced downtime like that. :teehee: By the time we have dinner and all, it won't be a lot of free time, but since we're usually in bed by 10 or 11 (after getting the kids down around 9 or 10) we'll still have a lot of idle time.

I'm taking my computer, so I can do some scrapbooking and journaling about our day, but I can spare some time to work on this blanket too. :knitting:

susauehl
03-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Have a great time on your vacation!

kdodge8
04-03-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm new around here but have been watching the pet snuggles thread for a few weeks. I'd like to join in and help!

sakura-panda
04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm new around here but have been watching the pet snuggles thread for a few weeks. I'd like to join in and help!

Welcome! :waving: It's nice to meet you and we'd love the help. :knitting:

kdodge8
04-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Thanks! I'm sending you a PM now...
ps.. my name is Kari! Just realized that I didn't put that in my first post :)

LoomaHat
04-06-2013, 08:58 PM
So glad I found this post. I've been wanting to find a pet charity for my website. Awesome project

susauehl
04-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Welcome to all the new knitters!! You will enjoy working on these blankets!

Susan

sakura-panda
04-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Welcome, Denise! It's nice to meet you! :waving:

sakura-panda
04-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Current progress of two working snuggles and still taking signups for a third:

Current Snuggle Lists:

Into the Forest (unthemed, any color):
1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Katie/sakura-panda
4. KristinMei <-- Currently knitting
5. salmonmac

Collie Cuddle (unthemed, any color):
1. Katie/sakura-panda <-- Currently knitting
2. Susan/susanuehl
3. Lizars1736
4. salmonmac
5. maryknitwit

Looking for knitters:

TBD
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda

I'm sitting on Collie Cuddle. I finished in on my drive down to Kentucky, left it in the hotel room for two days while driving past at least two post offices, put it into my carry-around tote and, of course, never passed another post office the rest of the week. :doh: My current plan is to drop it off at the post office tomorrow morning on my way into work.

What's new with all of you? :waving:

kdodge8
04-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I can work on TBD...

sakura-panda
04-09-2013, 09:35 AM
I can work on TBD...

Great! Thanks! :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
04-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Collie Cuddle is in the mail! :yay: Finally! :blush:

susauehl
04-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Received Collie Cuddle on Friday! Thanks for the sticky notes. They always come in handy! Heading to Washington next week to see daughter so Collie Cuddle will be going with me.Will let you know when its ready to travel.
Susan

sakura-panda
04-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Update! Still seeking knitters for a third snuggle! :knitting:

Current Snuggle Lists:

1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Katie/sakura-panda
5. salmonmac

1. Katie/sakura-panda
2. Susan/susanuehl <-- Currently knitting
3. Lizars1736
4. salmonmac
5. maryknitwit

Looking for knitters:

TBD
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8

Lizars1735
04-15-2013, 12:05 PM
You can put me down for TBD.

sakura-panda
04-15-2013, 02:20 PM
You can put me down for TBD.

Got you down -- thanks! :yay:

kdodge8
04-18-2013, 12:06 PM
I saw this today if anyone is interested...

It's a Facebook group called Blankies for Boston

https://www.facebook.com/BlankiesForBoston

If you are on FB, you can "Like" their page to keep updated.

sakura-panda
04-19-2013, 11:02 AM
I saw this today if anyone is interested...

It's a Facebook group called Blankies for Boston

https://www.facebook.com/BlankiesForBoston

If you are on FB, you can "Like" their page to keep updated.

Thanks for sharing! :)

susauehl
04-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Cuddle Collie off to Liz in NM!:happydance:

Enjoy!
Susan:knitting:

Lizars1735
04-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Just received Collie Cuddle! It looks great so far! Very Collie colored. I don't have any Collie colored yarn so it's getting some bright yarn added to it.
Thanks, Susan!!

sakura-panda
04-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Update! Still seeking knitters for a third snuggle! :knitting:

Current Snuggle Lists:

1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Katie/sakura-panda
5. salmonmac

1. Katie/sakura-panda
2. Susan/susanuehl <-- Currently knitting
3. Lizars1736
4. salmonmac
5. maryknitwit

Looking for knitters:

TBD
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Lizars1736

kdodge8
04-29-2013, 10:17 AM
I can change out yarns and do 2 sections on TBD if needed.

KristinMei
04-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Sorry I've been MIA!! I have been absolutely swamped lately without a free second, but things should lighten up after Friday.

I have Into the Forest and will finish it up this weekend and send off early next week. It looks like we probably have enough knitters for TBD as well, so I can get that started as well.

Lizars1735
05-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Collie Cuddle is in the mail headed east. :woohoo:

salmonmac
05-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Collie Cuddle is ready to go to Maryknitwit. Mary, I'd like you're address and it'll be in the mail!

maryknitwit
05-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Collie Cuddle arrived today! I love it and I can't wait to get started on it. I'm heading up to a church young single adult conference this weekend, so I might take Collie Cuddle with me. I plan to donate the blanket to a shelter in Little Rock, which isn't near me, but when I searched the internet for Arkansas shelters, that's the one that felt right. I take a picture of the finished blanket so it can go on the blog, right? I haven't visited the blog in a while.

Edited: I wonder... should I include a small card with a note saying something like "From the animal lovers of the Oddball Pet Snuggles Project"?

maryknitwit
05-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I've started knitting my section of the blanket and I'm thinking that I should add one more after that. I know it's going to an animal and not a human, but 25" just doesn't seem long enough. So I think I'll make it 30" instead, and then donate it. It looks great already. :)

KristinMei
05-17-2013, 11:56 AM
"Into the Forest" is finally in the mail. I'm so very sorry for the hold up!!

I used Vanna's choice in sea mist green and a cream/beige.

I can get TBD started this weekend. Have we done a "blue skies" yet? If not, I'd like to propose that as the theme, working in shades of blue. Let me know!

maryknitwit
05-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Collie Cuddle is complete and ready to go! I've taken a picture of the blanket. Where do I send it so it can go up on the blog? I noticed that my tension was looser than the previous two sections.

I can get started on another blanket whenever we're ready!

salmonmac
05-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Here's a link (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80610) to Jan's instructions for posting a photo. Once you resize it can be as easy as posting an attachment. Thanks so much for taking the photo. it'll be fun to see CC finished.

sakura-panda
05-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Collie Cuddle arrived today! I love it and I can't wait to get started on it. I'm heading up to a church young single adult conference this weekend, so I might take Collie Cuddle with me. I plan to donate the blanket to a shelter in Little Rock, which isn't near me, but when I searched the internet for Arkansas shelters, that's the one that felt right. I take a picture of the finished blanket so it can go on the blog, right? I haven't visited the blog in a while.

Edited: I wonder... should I include a small card with a note saying something like "From the animal lovers of the Oddball Pet Snuggles Project"?

Up to you. I usually make up a card -- I include the website and the first names of everybody that worked on the blanket. If I know where they are all from, I'll put that on there too. We used to send a card around for everyone to sign, but that stopped before I took over and I don't know if it was for convenience or something else.

Looking forward to the picture for the blog! I forgot to take a picture when I had it; I like to see how they progress.

sakura-panda
05-21-2013, 11:13 AM
"Into the Forest" is finally in the mail. I'm so very sorry for the hold up!!

I used Vanna's choice in sea mist green and a cream/beige.

I can get TBD started this weekend. Have we done a "blue skies" yet? If not, I'd like to propose that as the theme, working in shades of blue. Let me know!

Sounds great! :thumbsup: I'll update the list.

sakura-panda
05-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Collie Cuddle is complete and ready to go! I've taken a picture of the blanket. Where do I send it so it can go up on the blog? I noticed that my tension was looser than the previous two sections.

I can get started on another blanket whenever we're ready!

You can post it in the thread to share with the group and I'll steal it from here for the blog. Thanks!

sakura-panda
05-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Instructions for posting a photo: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1349264#post1349264

sakura-panda
05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Or use this more detailed and better illustrated guide for posting photos. I should have kept reading. :teehee: :roflhard:

Here's a link (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80610) to Jan's instructions for posting a photo. Once you resize it can be as easy as posting an attachment. Thanks so much for taking the photo. it'll be fun to see CC finished.

sakura-panda
05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Updated lists. Kari, I've put you down for two sections of Blue Skies, if you are still interested. :thumbsup:

Current Snuggle Lists:

1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Katie/sakura-panda
4. KristinMei
5. salmonmac <-- Currently knitting

Blue Skies:
1. KristinMei <-- Currently knitting
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Kari/kdodge8
5. Lizars1735

Looking for knitters:

TBD:
1. maryknitwit

Done and waiting for photo: :thumbsup:

Collie Cuddle:
1. Katie/sakura-panda
2. Susan/susanuehl
3. Lizars1736
4. salmonmac
5. maryknitwit

kdodge8
05-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Yep - I can still do 2 sections of Blue Skies. Blues are good with me too!

kdodge8
05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
You can add me to the next TBD but add me close to the bottom to make sure I get Blue Skies in and out first. If you want to make me last, my daughter volunteers at Fuzzy Friends in Waco, TX so I could give it to her to donate.

If you need color ideas, it is a group of kids from Baylor University that volunteer at Fuzzy Friends and Baylor's school colors are Green and Gold. Just an idea but it can be any colors :)

salmonmac
05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
I've got Into the Forest and it does look fine. Kristen, many thanks! Since I'm finishing up Into, I'll be happy to start another. Any suggestions?
I'd like to be added on to TBD too, please.

sakura-panda
05-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Looking good! :thumbsup:

Current Snuggle Lists:

1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Katie/sakura-panda
4. KristinMei
5. salmonmac <-- Currently knitting

Blue Skies:
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Kari/kdodge8
5. Lizars1735

Looking for knitters:

TBD:
1. maryknitwit
2. salmonmac
3. Kari/kdodge8 (after Blue Skies)

TBD:
1. salmonmac

Collie Cuddle:
1. Katie/sakura-panda
2. Susan/susanuehl
3. Lizars1736
4. salmonmac
5. maryknitwit

maryknitwit
05-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Here's Collie Cuddle!

Edited: It's going to the Humane Society of Pulaski County, Arkansas, webpage warmhearts.org (http://www.warmhearts.org)

susauehl
05-24-2013, 04:36 PM
You can add me to one of the new blanket if you like. Thank you!

maryknitwit
05-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Have we made a blanket with a patriotic theme yet? After all, we have animal heroes that deserve our appreciation just like humans. :grphug: "Patriotic Pets" we could call it, or something like that.

How about one that has more muted colors? I read in this article (http://www.ehow.com/list_6746041_colors-calm-animal-shelter.html#page=0) that muted colors are more calming for animals; granted, the article was probably talking about wall paint or decor, but why not blankets too?

And if we don't have enough volunteers for a blanket, I can do two or more sections before mailing it off to the next knitter.

Mary :knitting:

EDITED: Ooo Ooo ooo!!! Sunrise Snuggie! Pinks, purples, yellows and blues!

salmonmac
05-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Into the Forest is on its way into the Montgomeery Cty Humane Society. It looks lwonderful with heathery yarn combinations that would make lovely sweaters.

salmonmac
05-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Into the Forest

Lizars1735
05-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Into the forest looks great.

You can add me to another blanket as well if you need knitters.

maryknitwit
06-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Into the Forest looks fantastic!

If we need more knitters, you can add me to the other TBD blanket, since I'm starting off one.

sakura-panda
06-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Sorry to have been away so long -- end of the school year means lots of parent activities and field trips and I try to go to as many as I can, which means work becomes busy as I try to stay caught up there too. Only one more week -- last day of school and field trip to the zoo on Friday! -- and hopefully more free time! (Well, enough free time to keep me caught up here. ;) )

I'll review and post the new lists -- I think we can get another blanket going! You all have done a good job while I was distracted. :thumbsup:

maryknitwit
06-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Sorry to have been away so long -- end of the school year means lots of parent activities and field trips and I try to go to as many as I can, which means work becomes busy as I try to stay caught up there too. Only one more week -- last day of school and field trip to the zoo on Friday! -- and hopefully more free time! (Well, enough free time to keep me caught up here. ;) )

I'll review and post the new lists -- I think we can get another blanket going! You all have done a good job while I was distracted. :thumbsup:

Not a problem. Can't wait to get started! :knitting: :woot: :knitting: :yay: :knitting: :cheering: :knitting: :happydance: :knitting:

sakura-panda
06-25-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm back for real this time. Anyone miss me? :teehee:

I went to a scrapbooking camp last weekend, from Thursday through Sunday, and I'm still catching up, but I should be able to check in daily again from now on.

Here is what I have as being out and getting started right now:

Current Snuggle Lists:

Blue Skies:
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Kari/kdodge8
5. Lizars1735

Sunrise Snuggie (pinks, purples, yellows and blues)
1. maryknitwit
2. salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Looking for knitters:

TBD:
1. salmonmac
2. maryknitwit

Please let me know if I am missing someone or if there are any updates!

KristinMei
06-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Blue Skies is in the mail, on its way to you!

And I can knit on TBD.

sakura-panda
06-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Blue Skies is in the mail, on its way to you!

And I can knit on TBD.

Great! I'll watch my mail and put you down for TBD -- thanks!

maryknitwit
06-25-2013, 11:50 AM
:yay: Great! :yay: I'll get started on Sunrise Snuggie as soon as I get home. :knitting: :knitting:

salmonmac
06-25-2013, 12:31 PM
MaryKW suggested "Patriotic Pets" (post 52) and since we're comig up to July 4th, what if we go with that for TBD? I have the needles and if it's agreeable, I can start as soon as we complete the list of kntters.

sakura-panda
06-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Kristin -- got the blanket yesterday and it looks great -- thanks for everything! I'll have to figure out what color I want my section to be. :) I'm off of work next week and should be able to get it finished pretty quickly. :knitting:

MaryKW suggested "Patriotic Pets" (post 52) and since we're comig up to July 4th, what if we go with that for TBD? I have the needles and if it's agreeable, I can start as soon as we complete the list of kntters.

I updated the name of TBD. Thanks! :thumbsup:

KristinMei
06-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Great! I'm glad it made it safe and sound!

susauehl
07-12-2013, 07:57 PM
So I was just wondering where we are at on blankets?:heart:

maryknitwit
07-12-2013, 11:08 PM
My section has been done for some time, I just haven't had the opportunity to mail it off. I've been busy packing with no idea where my family and I are moving to, and until yesterday I couldn't remember where I'd packed the bubble envelopes to mail off the new blanket. Now that I've found them, I'll get it out in the mail by next week, I hope. My section of Sunrise Snuggie is pink and purple.

susauehl
07-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Oh no worries! Nothing had been posted for awhile so I was just wondering. It is never fun to move!:heart:

sakura-panda
07-15-2013, 10:37 AM
I finally went to Joann's yesterday to buy some thread for repairing my son's stuffed frog and I took both the plushy frog and Blue Skies with me to match colors. :)

Since the yarn was on sale, I bought two skeins, one that I already have and a new one -- thinking I have enough at home, but as long as it is on sale, I might as well buy an extra!

Now that I have yarn, I'll start on the blanket as soon as the air conditioning gets fixed. Last night I turned all the lights off as soon as the kids were in bed to try to cool the house down. Even with the windows open, it was still 78 degF when I got up this morning. (In Michigan, that's very warm for nighttime, even in the summer.)

salmonmac
08-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Even though we don't have enough knitters for Patriotic Pets, I thought I'd get it started. I added 2 sections since the yarn was just sitting there and asking to be knit.

susauehl
08-12-2013, 01:50 AM
I can work on Patrotic Pets! What colors are we using?

salmonmac
08-12-2013, 04:53 AM
Thanks for joining in! I was thinking red, white, blue, gold or whatever you feel inspired to add.

sakura-panda
08-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Patriotic Pets? :oops: Where's that list? :doh:

(Looks good, by the way! :thumbsup: )

sakura-panda
08-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Found it! I guess I forgot we had one we were still trying to fill up. :shock: Sorry about that.

Susan -- if you don't mind, I'll put you at the end to donate Patriot Pets.

Here's my latest blanket list -- are there any updates?

I still have Blue Skies and am nearly done with it; just one or two more rows. It took me awhile to get started -- I didn't knit most of the summer and I kept forgetting I was supposed to be working on it.

I've started knitting again, since not knitting wasn't working out for me. It seems I have to knit continuously or not at all; I couldn't stop and then start back up for a small project -- I just kept putting it off because "it's small and quick". It's not small or quick if I *never* work on it. :think: :teehee:

I may need to move the list around a bit for Sunrise Snuggle, depending on where it is right now. It may be okay the way it is, but if Kari is in line for two blankets at once, I may switch her with Susan.

Current Snuggle Lists:

Blue Skies:
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda <-- Currently knitting
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Kari/kdodge8
5. Lizars1735

1. maryknitwit <-- Currently knitting
2. salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. salmonmac
2. salmonmac <-- Currently knitting
3. maryknitwit
4. KrisitinMei
5. susauehl

Looking for knitters:
None! All have been assigned and are moving along. :knitting:

None! All are posted for free viewing on the blog! (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/)

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
08-13-2013, 11:36 AM
I finished my section of Blue Skies last night -- it just needs to be photographed, packed up and sent out! :thumbsup:

The rest has nothing to do with pet blankets; apparently now that I've decided to resume knitting, I want to go on and on about it! :knitting:

I'm trying to make cotton placemats. I have yarn (http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/bernat-handicrafter-cotton-candy-collection) -- two skeins of the same color (Red Liquorice) -- and a pattern (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/double-bump-dishcloth).

(I also have one skein of white chocolate, hoping I find another one someday, and a skein of brown chocolate in case I don't find another white. This seems to be an in-store only sort of yarn.)

I bought two skeins so that I could knit with two strands, and then decided to just do one strand and see how it turned out. After 16 rows, I did my section of the pet snuggle and decided to go back to two strands, no pattern. I frogged it, picked up the yarn from both skeins, cast on 60 stitches and started working the pattern, (having changed my mind while frogging). I knit 8 rows before quitting for the night.

Just before going to bed, I compared it to one of the placemats I'm using now and it's too short. :noway: :doh:

Driving in this morning, the Yarncraft podcast (http://yarncraft.lionbrand.com/2013/08/06/yarncraft-episode-147-our-favorite-interviews-with-designers-bloggers/)I was listening to had a segment about the importance of gauge swatches. Maybe I should pay attention? :teehee:

I'm now thinking that I should do a gauge swatch rather than just frogging and casting on an extra 4 or 12 stitches. At this point, I might as well go all the way and find out if it is going to shrink in the wash before I go too much farther. Placemats are not exact, but I don't want them to be too small! And not making the swatch isn't exactly saving me time and effort! LOL :roflhard:

What are you all working on?

sakura-panda
08-19-2013, 02:51 PM
I haven't heard back from Kari. :pout: I hope she is all right and just busy.

She is signed up for two sections -- I'm thinking about doing one of her sections and then sending it to her to do just one, if she is available.

What do you all think? Should I give her more time to respond? I'm going to send her a second PM in case the first one never reached her.

Does anyone want to volunteer for that other section, in case we don't hear back?

Woofens
08-19-2013, 03:50 PM
I'll volunteer for Patriotic Pets, if possible?

sakura-panda
08-20-2013, 11:13 AM
I'll volunteer for Patriotic Pets, if possible?

Patriotic Pets is full -- would you like to take a section of Blue Skies?

kdodge8
08-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Sorry! I'm here. I saw the message in my email last week and deleted the email and totally forgot to log in here and reply. My life is settling down next week so I should be ready for whatever (my daughter is going back to college :) I can still do 2 sections on blue skies if you still need it!

I messaged Katie my address. Let me know if you need anything else.

susauehl
08-20-2013, 10:25 PM
If Janis wants my spot on Patriotic Pets that would be fine! I could start a new blanket if you like!

Susan

Woofens
08-20-2013, 11:34 PM
No, its OK. I'll take the next spot available please?

sakura-panda
08-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Sorry! I'm here. I saw the message in my email last week and deleted the email and totally forgot to log in here and reply. My life is settling down next week so I should be ready for whatever (my daughter is going back to college :) I can still do 2 sections on blue skies if you still need it!

I messaged Katie my address. Let me know if you need anything else.

So glad to hear from you! I was worried that something had happened and it's nice to know you've "only" been busy. ;)

I'll get that blanket out to you either tomorrow or Friday. I've been lazy and it's been sitting out in the open in my basket instead of bundled up and ready to go.

If you want to do two sections, go ahead; otherwise, I'll have you send it Janis because she's eager and you are coming up on another blanket. I don't know where *that* blanket is, but I know you're next on it. It's entirely up to you. Just let me/us know. :)

sakura-panda
08-21-2013, 01:54 PM
If Janis wants my spot on Patriotic Pets that would be fine! I could start a new blanket if you like!

Susan

I'm not going to reassign your spot just yet, Susan, but if you have a set of needles, it would be great if you could start another one! I'm itching to get back to it myself and we've run out spots! Thanks! :thumbsup:

No, its OK. I'll take the next spot available please?

Um, no. :noway: Or rather, maybe. :teehee: I'm going to give you either a spot on Blue Skies or Patriotic Pets, and if you still want to sign up for the next open spot on Susan's TBD blanket, you can.

How does that sound? :knitting:

sakura-panda
08-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Here's my most recent list. I'm sitting on Blue Skies; where are Sunrise Snuggle and Patriotic Pets? Still with maryknitwit (SS) and salmonmac (PP) or have they moved on?

Current Snuggle Lists:

Blue Skies:
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda <-- Currently knitting
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Kari/kdodge8
5. Lizars1735

2. salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. salmonmac
3. maryknitwit
4. KrisitinMei
5. susauehl

Looking for knitters:
TBD
1. Susan/susauehl

None! All are posted for free viewing on the blog! (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/)

Woofens
08-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Um, no. :noway: Or rather, maybe. :teehee: I'm going to give you either a spot on Blue Skies or Patriotic Pets, and if you still want to sign up for the next open spot on Susan's TBD blanket, you can.

How does that sound? :knitting:

Sounds great to me! I'll take the spot on the newest one, and whichever else you can give me.

salmonmac
08-21-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm waiting to send Patriotic Pets to maryknitwit who indicated that she might have a new address. I pm'd her last week that I'm ready anytime to send PP but just need the address. I'm ready to receive SS whenever it's available, too.
Thanks Katie for getting us going. Welcome Janis!

KristinMei
08-22-2013, 03:30 PM
I can knit on TBD as well! Glad to see everyone is doing well!

sakura-panda
08-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Great! Then for TBD I have:

1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
3. Kristin/KristinMei
4. Katie/sakura-panda

Also, my update on Blue Skies is that we are going on vacation next week; I'm in the middle of packing and organizing and will package Blue Skies and mail it on Monday -- we'll stop at the post office on our way. :) It's been a hectic week and I just haven't been able to put it in an envelope yet or I would have sent it out today.

susauehl
08-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Well I think I have decided on a name! Let's go with Pumpkin Patch.
Since it is going to be fall soon, I thought it might work. Will be ready to go next week. I will just pm the next person on the list for address when it is ready to go!

Thanks for signing up!

Susan:heart: :hug:

kdodge8
08-27-2013, 11:09 AM
I just sent a message to Janis to see if she wanted to to my second section of blue skies. It doesn't matter to me either way. I can give her my second section of blue skies (if she still wants it) and I can volunteer on pumpkin patch if that works.

susauehl
08-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Pumpkin Patch is ready to go! Just sent a pm to Janis for her address.

Susan:hug:

susauehl
09-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Pumpkin Patch on its way to Janis. ETA 9/6/13. Sorry no photo, I have trouble getting it to upload.

Enjoy!

Susan:heart: :knitting:

sakura-panda
09-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Sent out Blue Skies today! It should arrive on Monday. :)

Woofens
09-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Received Pumpkin Patch today, have a beautiful frost green yarn to add to it :)

Woofens
09-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Pumpkin Patch is ready to go on to Kristin. Just sent a pm for her address :) Will try to get the pic uploaded later on :)

Woofens
09-08-2013, 03:28 PM
The green doesn't show well but here it is..:yay:

susauehl
09-08-2013, 09:05 PM
The green doesn't show well but here it is..:yay:

I think it looks great!!

Susan:heart: :happydance:

salmonmac
09-09-2013, 04:10 AM
Well done, Janis and Susan! Looking good.

kdodge8
09-10-2013, 01:37 PM
I got Blue Skies in the mail yesterday. Working on my color combinations and will start on it tonight. Thank you Katie for the pencil holder!! (I might use it for my shorter knitting needles to keep them in one place :)

kdodge8
09-10-2013, 01:41 PM
btw, If Pumpkin Patch doesn't have a 5th knitter I can take that spot.

sakura-panda
09-10-2013, 02:17 PM
I got Blue Skies in the mail yesterday. Working on my color combinations and will start on it tonight. Thank you Katie for the pencil holder!! (I might use it for my shorter knitting needles to keep them in one place :)

Glad you got them! I thought the pencil pouch was cute and would be good for knitting tools. :)

For everyone who hasn't seen it, here's Blue Skies:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7296/9716756181_43a673f0e8_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cherryblossompanda/9716756181/)

sakura-panda
09-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Current Snuggle Lists:

Blue Skies:
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8 <-- Currently knitting
4. Janis/Woofens
5. Lizars1735

2. salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. salmonmac
3. maryknitwit
4. KrisitinMei
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
3. Kristin/KristinMei <-- Currently knitting
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

Looking for knitters:

None! They are all spoken for! :knitting:

None! All are posted for free viewing on the blog! (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/) :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what was decided with Blue Skies; I put Janis down in Kari's second section and if that is wrong, please let me know.

What's going on with Patriotic Pets? I'm under the impression that it is moving forward, but haven't seen either that it was sent or received. :)

I think that Pumpkin Patch is with/on its way to Kristin -- is that right?

Thanks, ladies! :waving:

Woofens
09-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Pumpkin Patch is going in the mail tomorrow or Thursday. Just need to get it to the PO. I am going to take the 4th spot on Blue Skies. :)

salmonmac
09-11-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm waiting to send Patriotic Pets as soon as I hear back from Maryknitwit. She's moving this summer and may be between addresses.

Woofens
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Pumpkin Patch went into the mail to Kristin this afternoon. Estimated delivery date is 9/14. :)

salmonmac
09-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Photo of Blue Skies looks wonderful. I'm very fond of blue.

susauehl
09-14-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm waiting to send Patriotic Pets as soon as I hear back from Maryknitwit. She's moving this summer and may be between addresses.

If you don't hear from her my I could switch spots with her! Just a thought.

Susan :knitting:

KristinMei
09-14-2013, 06:42 PM
I received Pumpkin Patch yesterday, and it looks great! I'll have to take it to go find yarn early this week. :)

Thanks for the notebook, Janis!

sakura-panda
09-16-2013, 01:37 PM
If you don't hear from her my I could switch spots with her! Just a thought.

Susan :knitting:

Thank you for your offer! :thumbsup:

I have heard back from maryknitwit, and she is eager to begin knitting again, but I am concerned because she still has Sunrise Snuggle to send out and I am trying to keep our needles moving! :knitting:

Woofens
09-16-2013, 02:37 PM
I received Pumpkin Patch yesterday, and it looks great! I'll have to take it to go find yarn early this week. :)

Thanks for the notebook, Janis!

Glad you like it. I thought it might fit in your supplies for pattern notes, etc. :hug:

Woofens
09-16-2013, 02:38 PM
I don't remember if I thanked Susan for my notepad. If I didn't I'm sorry :oops: I love it. It sits beside my bed and I use it probably daily.

susauehl
09-16-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't remember if I thanked Susan for my notepad. If I didn't I'm sorry :oops: I love it. It sits beside my bed and I use it probably daily.

You did! And your welcome!

maryknitwit
09-21-2013, 09:04 AM
:woohoo: Sunrise Snuggie is going out in the mail today! I promise! I'm printing the mailing label as I type! :woohoo:

I know I'm next in line for a blanket, so send it my way. :yay: I'm still in this stupid little shoebox of a duplex in Arkansas, wondering why I'm still here and nothing I can do about it. :grrr:

Sorry for the rant. :oops: I'm better now. :)

Knit on!! :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

P.S. I'm sending a card for the animal shelter this blanket gets donated to. I've written a note and signed it with my first name, last initial and which state I'm from. The rest of the knitters can sign however they want, IF they want.

sakura-panda
09-23-2013, 01:29 PM
:woohoo: Sunrise Snuggie is going out in the mail today! I promise! I'm printing the mailing label as I type! :woohoo:

I know I'm next in line for a blanket, so send it my way. :yay: I'm still in this stupid little shoebox of a duplex in Arkansas, wondering why I'm still here and nothing I can do about it. :grrr:

Sorry for the rant. :oops: I'm better now. :)

Knit on!! :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

P.S. I'm sending a card for the animal shelter this blanket gets donated to. I've written a note and signed it with my first name, last initial and which state I'm from. The rest of the knitters can sign however they want, IF they want.

Yay! Glad to hear it! :yay: (I'm glad that the blanket got mailed out, not that you're stuck in an small place.)Thanks!

salmonmac
09-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Sunrise Snuggle happily received. Thanks so much MaryKW for the great start and for the treats.

maryknitwit
09-30-2013, 10:09 PM
You're more than welcome. I'm just sorry that it took me so long to get the blanket to you.

maryknitwit
10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Patriotic Pets arrived today! Thanks for all the goodies! Yes, I constantly lose and find and lose and lose and find my tapestry needles, so having an extra pair will help greatly.

kdodge8
10-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Blue Skies went out in the mail 2 days ago.

Sunrise Snuggie arrived in the mail yesterday!
:cheering:

salmonmac
10-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Blue Skes looks gorgeous! Well done everyone.

Woofens
10-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Blue Skies arrived today! This is Homecoming weekend, football game tonight, and dance tomorrow night, hopefully I can start my rows Sunday!

Thanks for the awesome pens, Kari!! I have a school supply fetish lol.

susauehl
10-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Glad to see the blankets moving along nicely!:heart: :knitting:

Woofens
10-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Blue skies is ready to be mailed! I just sent a message to Lizars1735 for the address. Will try to get a pic before it moves on!

sakura-panda
10-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Yay! I really need to update the blanket list! :teehee: :knitting:

sakura-panda
10-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I think this is right; please let me know if I've missed a switch!

Current Snuggle Lists:

Blue Skies:
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Janis/Woofens
5. Lizars1735 <-- Currently knitting

1. maryknitwit
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. salmonmac
2. salmonmac
3. maryknitwit <-- Currently knitting
4. KrisitinMei
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

Looking for knitters:

None! All are posted for free viewing on the blog! (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/) :thumbsup:

salmonmac
10-15-2013, 04:05 PM
So nice to see the update and the progress. Sunrise has already been mailed out to Kari.

sakura-panda
10-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Updated Sunrise Snuggie:

Current Snuggle Lists:

Blue Skies:
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Janis/Woofens

1. maryknitwit
2. salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. salmonmac
2. salmonmac
3. maryknitwit <-- Currently knitting
4. KrisitinMei
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

Looking for knitters:

sakura-panda
10-29-2013, 10:10 AM
How is everyone doing? :knitting:

I miss having a blanket, although I have a log cabin afghan that I *could* be working on while I'm waiting for my turn. I haven't been doing any knitting at all. In my carry-around bag (that I haven't been carrying around) I have my placemat. Last weekend I washed and dried the swatch/dishcloth, so I have no excuse to put off working on it anymore!

I also need to find the yarn I bought to make scarves for my kids. The two youngest are outgrowing their scarves and they both need new ones; I bought some LB Homespun for them both but can't remember what I did with them. I made my oldest son a ribbed scarf last winter out of Homespun and he both loves it and has stopped complaining about itching! So I want to make two more of the same, in different colors.

kdodge8
10-29-2013, 11:13 AM
HI!
I still have Sunrise Snuggie. I'm trying to get it finished but have had to travel some this month so it is *slowly* coming along.

I have a log cabin blanket I'm working too. I'm almost finished with my first square so maybe it will be done next winter :)

Hope everyone is doing well!
Kari

ps... I forgot to Thank Salmonmac for the cute stitch marker charms she sent along with Sunrise Snuggie. She also sent a card to go along with the blanket that all the knitters can sign. My other hobby is rubber stamping and I finally found a knitting stamp so one of these days I was going to make up a few cards or tags to send along with the blankets.

sakura-panda
10-29-2013, 12:24 PM
It took me four years to finish my first Log Cabin -- baby size. :teehee: Next winter sounds *very* ambitious to me. :roflhard: (Trying to remember when I started this one -- about a year ago, I think, and I haven't picked it up at least since before summer.)

kdodge8
10-29-2013, 01:23 PM
In reality 4-5 years sounds about right for me too :) At least the log cabin pattern is in squares so I can call a square finished and feel like I've done something. Now, 12 squares is another story.
;)

maryknitwit
10-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Patriotic Pets will be ready to go out in the mail tomorrow. I need to contact KristinMei for an address. I'll also post a picture to show how the snuggie is coming along.

KristinMei
11-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Hi guys - sorry I've been MIA! For some reason, I stopped getting notifications on updates to this thread. I've still got Pumpkin Patch. I've had an unexpectedly busy semester at school and zero free time, so I haven't finished it yet, but should be able to get it moving soon!. Sorry for the delay!

salmonmac
11-05-2013, 06:03 AM
I hope all is going well with school, and don't be concerned about a delay. Happens to all of us for one reason or another.

maryknitwit
11-06-2013, 12:33 AM
All is well, Kristin. At least, I hope all is well... especially with you. :) Patriotic Pets will go out in the mail tomorrow.

sakura-panda
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm glad to see the blankets moving along! :yay:

I've started knitting again and am current working on three projects: the placemat, the log cabin blanket, and a new scarf for my youngest. I watched the last three episodes of "Full Circle" last night (a DirecTV mini-series) and worked on a different project for each episode. I haven't figured out what I want to commit to yet. :)

My daughter and I are going to an overnight zoo trip with her scouting troop tomorrow (one night) and I'm debating which one to bring with me. I'm sure I'll have time to work on something! I'm torn between the garter stitch afghan and the rib stitch scarf. The scarf is smaller, but garter stitch might be better when there is a lot going on around me.

If I'm creative, I might be able to fit all three projects into the bag that I'm currently keeping the afghan in. :teehee:

salmonmac
11-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Sounds like a very full schedule, as usual. The zoo night should be lots of fun. Do you think there's the possibility of a knitting badge for your daughter's scout troop?

sakura-panda
11-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Sounds like a very full schedule, as usual. The zoo night should be lots of fun. Do you think there's the possibility of a knitting badge for your daughter's scout troop?

Yes, there is one -- I'm just not sure that I am up to the task of teaching *20* 6-8 year olds to knit! :noway: :teehee:

It's part of a "textile" badge -- they have to learn about a few skills like knitting, sewing, needlepoint, etc and then pick one, learn to do it, and then talk to their troop about the experience.

I may try it with my daughter, as I have a needlecraft skills, but right now she is working independently (that is, not with her troop) on her art badge. She is a talented painter for her age -- in *my* opinion :lol: -- and I'm encouraging her to work on that first.

maryknitwit
11-22-2013, 11:32 PM
It's gotten very quiet again. How's the knitting going, everybody? I'm ready to work on another blanket!

susauehl
11-25-2013, 02:59 AM
Agree! :-)!

Lizars1735
11-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi Everyone. Sorry for being so quiet. I'm still waiting on Blue Skies, but once I get that I can finish and start another blanket. I don't know if you want to start the list for it or wait until Blue Skies is finished.

kdodge8
12-04-2013, 02:30 AM
I just messaged Susan for her address. I finally have Sunrise Snuggie ready to mail :) Sorry it has taken me so long. It's been a little crazy.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!!

ps.. I think I stopped getting email messages when there is a post to the thread as well. i'll have to check my settings...

salmonmac
12-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Great news! It's a busy time and hard to find time for knitting that isn't taken up by holiday projects. Looking forward to seeing Sunrise.

sakura-panda
12-04-2013, 02:00 PM
I just messaged Susan for her address. I finally have Sunrise Snuggie ready to mail :) Sorry it has taken me so long. It's been a little crazy.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!!

ps.. I think I stopped getting email messages when there is a post to the thread as well. i'll have to check my settings...

Thanks for the update!

I've been finding my notifications mixed in my spam file, with about a half dozen other legitimate messages.

Woofens
12-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I've been sick, all. Sorry. Blues Skies is finally on its way to Liz. :woot:

sakura-panda
12-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the update! I hope you are feeling better! :hug:

Lizars1735
12-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Blue Skies just arrived! It looks amazing! And thank you, Janis, for the journal! I'm glad you're feeling better.

I will get going on it soon and post a picture of the finished snuggle.

sakura-panda
12-23-2013, 09:59 AM
How is everyone doing?

Current Snuggle Lists:

Blue Skies:
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Janis/Woofens

1. maryknitwit
2. salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. salmonmac
2. salmonmac
3. maryknitwit
4. KrisitinMei <-- Currently knitting
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

I'm at a nearby McDonald's because I don't have power at home due to an ice storm over the weekend. Consumer's says they expect to have power back on for our county as late as SATURDAY and I have to check in my projects for work before Friday so they can get copied to the new server. So here I am, doing busywork that I had hoped to do at home!

I tried knitting yesterday morning, but I couldn't watch TV and didn't want to run down the battery on my phone listening to music -- it turns out I can't knit without at least one other thing going on. :teehee: I read my book for a while instead. I was supposed to wrap presents yesterday so that I wouldn't be up late on Christmas Eve (like I always have been since my son was born ten years ago!) but I see now that was a poor idea. Never again will I suggest giving up that late night tradition! :roflhard:

What's going on with you all?

maryknitwit
12-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Patriotic Pets is actually with Kristin

salmonmac
12-24-2013, 06:28 AM
Katie, thanks so much for the updated list. Great to see these snuggles progressing along.
I'll be up with you late tonight wrapping presents. I've even left some for Christmas morning. How's that for putting things off? Every year I promise that the next year I'll wrap presents as I buy them but...
Merry Christmas and Happy Wrapping!

sakura-panda
12-26-2013, 10:10 AM
We had our power back on around 2 pm on Monday, so we were more or less back to normal for the holiday. We visited family on Christmas Eve and then stayed up until 2 am wrapping presents for the kids. It must have been worth it as they all had "the best Christmas ever." :happydance: I did find that Santa forgot a couple of gifts, but we have another family Christmas on Saturday and I think I'll sneak them in there.

I plan to teach my oldest how to knit this week. He has been asking to learn to crochet, but when he tries to identify crochet work, he has a knitted fabric (we were at the LYS last week and it was mostly knit, but he was showing me stitches he liked) so I think I'll try him on knitting. Also, my crochet is very basic (and I think not quite right) so I have more confidence in what I'm teaching him there. :blush:

(Learning crochet better is on my list of things to learn -- someday.)

I'm using this thread like a blog -- no worries if you didn't feel like reading it all! I'm chatty today. :lol:

sakura-panda
01-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Still haven't taught DS to knit, haven't learned to crochet, haven't finished (or worked on) any projects and have decided to frog one. :teehee:

What's new with you all? :waving: Any progress on our open blankets?

Current Snuggle Lists:

Blue Skies:
1. KristinMei
2. Katie/sakura-panda
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Janis/Woofens

1. maryknitwit
2. salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. salmonmac
2. salmonmac
3. maryknitwit
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

tabsheltie7
01-06-2014, 07:16 PM
What a grate idea!:muah:
I've sent you a PM.

sakura-panda
01-06-2014, 10:32 PM
What a grate idea!:muah:
I've sent you a PM.

Hi, Tabitha! :waving: I've sent you a reply PM.

Lizars1735
01-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Hi Everyone,
Blue Skies is finally finished. I will post a pic as soon as I figure out how.

I'm going to wait for Sunrise Snuggie and donate them together.

Lizars1735
01-19-2014, 09:17 PM
I think I managed to resize it, so I can upload. Apparently I knit a bit too tight on this one. I'll try to loosen it up for the next snuggle.

Lizars1735
01-19-2014, 09:18 PM
So, now I'm ready to start the next snuggle. I was thinking about a totally oddball snuggle where no colors can be used twice. What do you guys think?

maryknitwit
01-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Best way to use up your scraps. Maybe we could call it "Oddball" or "Scrappy-Dappy-Doo" :)

salmonmac
01-20-2014, 07:02 AM
I like that idea, too. Sign me up please.
Blue skies looks grand! Well done all of you.

Woofens
01-20-2014, 10:15 AM
I'd love to be a part of the "scrappy" snuggle.... Blue skies looks great!!

susauehl
01-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Sounds good! Haven't received any blankets to work on yet. Hopefully soon!

Susan

sakura-panda
01-21-2014, 11:39 AM
I think I managed to resize it, so I can upload. Apparently I knit a bit too tight on this one. I'll try to loosen it up for the next snuggle.

It looks awesome! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!

Where did it go? (For the blog)

sakura-panda
01-21-2014, 11:54 AM
How is everyone doing? It looks like Susan should be getting a couple of blankets soon. :thumbsup:

Should we get another set of needles and start sending another one around? Are some of you getting antsy? (I am! :teehee: )

Current Snuggle Lists:

1. maryknitwit
2. salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. salmonmac
2. salmonmac
3. maryknitwit
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

Looking for knitters:

TBD: (Unmatched/no two sections are the same color)
1. Lizars1735 <-- Currently knitting
2. Janis/Woofens

None! All past blankets are posted for your viewing pleasure on the blog (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/)! :thumbsup:

maryknitwit
01-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Put me down for the next blanket!!! I've been itching to use up scraps in a project like that.

Woofens
01-28-2014, 04:07 AM
How is everyone doing? It looks like Susan should be getting a couple of blankets soon. :thumbsup:

Should we get another set of needles and start sending another one around? Are some of you getting antsy? (I am! :teehee: )

I'm all for starting another one. I have an extra set of needles... just need inspiration for colors and/ or a name!!

sakura-panda
02-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Anyone else interested in signing up for a new blanket? Also, how are the other blankets coming along? :waving:

Current Snuggle Lists:

1. maryknitwit
2. salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. salmonmac
2. salmonmac
3. maryknitwit
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

Looking for knitters:

2. Janis/Woofens
3. maryknitwit

TBD: (Checking for interest)
1. Janis/Woofens

maryknitwit
02-08-2014, 11:51 AM
I'd love to work on another one! Even if we're not able to adopt the animal the blanket goes to, at least we're doing something to keep them warm and loved.

Woofens
02-08-2014, 02:25 PM
I'd love to work on another one! Even if we're not able to adopt the animal the blanket goes to, at least we're doing something to keep them warm and loved.

That's how I think about it too, Mary. I actually started a new snuggle because I needed something mindless to knit but my daughter claimed it to put in her dogs kennel. I can start another one no problem. I have actually considered knitting up a couple myself to to take to the local shelter myself. Anyone else interested??

sakura-panda
02-13-2014, 11:32 AM
I apologize for not paying attention; I now see that none of our blankets have moved an inch since before Thanksgiving! :pout: It's no wonder you are thinking you would be farther ahead working on your own. (To be honest, I've considered working on my own too, except that I enjoy getting the blankets in the mail.)

So, what do you all want to do? How much interest is there in keeping this going? :think:

It doesn't work if everyone is not committed to sending the blankets on within a week or two; it's hard to sign up for a project, no matter how small, if you can't at least estimate when it may show up on your doorstep.

I have been slacking at poking people that are holding onto the blankets for too long and I am sorry for that.

If there is enough interest (and commitment), we can discuss what we want to do from here. :knitting:

salmonmac
02-13-2014, 02:44 PM
I like being part of the group projects, too.There are undoubtedly more efficient ways to make pet blankets but this is fun and it ends up with more blankets than we would have without the group effort. Extra ones that you make on your own are all to the good so that works as well.
So, I'm firnly in favor of continuing. A time limit is a good idea. Two weeks would be fine with me but I'm interested in what everyone else has to say.
(btw: You can add me on to both projects if we decide to go forward.)

Woofens
02-13-2014, 03:03 PM
I like being part of the group projects, too.There are undoubtedly more efficient ways to make pet blankets but this is fun and it ends up with more blankets than we would have without the group effort. Extra ones that you make on your own are all to the good so that works as well.
So, I'm firnly in favor of continuing. A time limit is a good idea. Two weeks would be fine with me but I'm interested in what everyone else has to say.
(btw: You can add me on to both projects if we decide to go forward.)

I'm doing snuggles on my own, but would love to keep doing the group projects too. It's neat to get them in the mail and add your own touch to everyone else's.

Lizars1735
02-13-2014, 08:29 PM
I, too, think the group projects are fun. It's cool to see what everyone else has done when the blankets come in. But I agree that they should keep moving. I've been holding onto Blue Skies because I'll have another snuggle coming in to donate as well, but am considering taking it in anyway. I will certainly let everyone know where it ends up.

I have Scrappy Snuggle ready to move on, and will be mailing it to Janis this weekend.

sakura-panda
02-14-2014, 11:54 AM
I, too, think the group projects are fun. It's cool to see what everyone else has done when the blankets come in. But I agree that they should keep moving. I've been holding onto Blue Skies because I'll have another snuggle coming in to donate as well, but am considering taking it in anyway. I will certainly let everyone know where it ends up.

I have Scrappy Snuggle ready to move on, and will be mailing it to Janis this weekend.

Please don't send it on yet. I don't that think that Janis the next knitter; I've been waiting for the signups to finish before I put out the list. She hasn't had a chance to donate / start a blanket yet, and I'd like to make her last on that one, if she doesn't mind. I don't know yet who gets it after you.

(If you've already sent it, never mind. I should have said something earlier about not mailing out until signups are complete.)

Thanks!

sakura-panda
02-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the replies! Keep them coming! :thumbsup:

susauehl
02-14-2014, 02:37 PM
I also do like doing these blankets as a group! It is for a good cause and hope this small group can continue. When I first join it was that you had 3 weeks to get the blanket done. Which I think is a good amount of time. As we all know things come up in our lives that we can't help. If you are the next knitter and unable to take it let that person know or sakura-panda so it can be given to some who is free to do it. We can make this work!

Woofens
02-14-2014, 04:36 PM
I've also got a snuggle ready to go if there is enough interest. Just need to know where to send it!

Lizars1735
02-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Please don't send it on yet. I don't that think that Janis the next knitter; I've been waiting for the signups to finish before I put out the list. She hasn't had a chance to donate / start a blanket yet, and I'd like to make her last on that one, if she doesn't mind. I don't know yet who gets it after you.

(If you've already sent it, never mind. I should have said something earlier about not mailing out until signups are complete.)

Thanks!

I will wait to send it. I thought that she was next on the list, but you are right that the sign-ups are not complete. Thanks.

sakura-panda
02-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Still haven't heard back from Kari or Kristin about the status of their blankets. :shrug: :sad:

Current Snuggle Lists:

1. maryknitwit
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. Mary Anne/salmonmac
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
3. maryknitwit
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

Looking for knitters:

2. maryknitwit
3. Mary Anne/salmonmac
4. sakura-panda
5. Janis/Woofens

1. Janis/Woofens
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac

In the meantime, I'll close out signups for the blanket that Lizars1735 has started and she can send it to maryknitwit and Janis can donate it. Sound good? :thumbsup:

Shandeh
02-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Today (Feb 21, 2014) is the 7th Anniversary for Oddball Charity Projects! :cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

I am celebrating by having a give-away on my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/shandehknits

I'm giving away lots of knit/crochet books.
https://v4s.yimg.com/sk/3792/12680838514_fb79efac8a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/12680838514/)
7th Anniversary Give-Away (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/12680838514/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

If you want to enter the contest for free books, just go to my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/shandehknits), look for the post about the 7th Anniversary celebration, and "Like" it.
Deadline to enter: Feb 22 at midnight (end of day)

Congratulations on 7 wonderful years, Oddball Knitters and Crocheters! :heart: :muah: :heart:

salmonmac
02-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Shandeh, so nice of you to do this. Happy Aniversary Pet Snuggles!

Katie, sounds good to me. Many thanks for keeping us all on track.

Shandeh
03-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Today, the full story of the Oddball Blankets is being shared on the Yarnspirations website! :)
http://www.yarnspirations.com/blog/knitting-and-crocheting-charity

Woofens
03-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Today, the full story of the Oddball Blankets is being shared on the Yarnspirations website! :)
http://www.yarnspirations.com/blog/knitting-and-crocheting-charity

That is so amazing!!!! :heart:

sakura-panda
03-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Those blankets are amazing, Sandy! We're so lucky to be a part of your vision -- thanks for getting us started. :hug:

Shandeh
03-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Those blankets are amazing, Sandy! We're so lucky to be a part of your vision -- thanks for getting us started. :hug:

Thank YOU for keeping the dream alive, my friend!
All of you are amazing knitters and crocheters, and your continued dedication to the Oddball projects amazes me every day.

Lizars1735
03-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Scrappy snuggle is on its way to Mary.

maryknitwit
03-10-2014, 11:13 PM
And Scrappy Snuggie arrived today. I've already started, using a neon green and a black and white variegated. Looks very interesting.

susauehl
03-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Any word on the other blankets?

sakura-panda
03-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Any word on the other blankets?

I have not had any response to PMs or emails. I don't know what has happened to them. :pout: :sad:

susauehl
03-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Thank you for checking! They must be "resting" someplace.

You can go ahead and sign me up for the other blankets that you knitters for. I can do whatever you sign me up for.

Thanks!

Susan

Lizars1735
04-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Hi all. I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally donated Blue Skies. It went to Bridging the Worlds Animal Sanctuary (via the Critters and Me) in Santa Fe, NM

sakura-panda
04-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Current Snuggle Lists:

1. maryknitwit
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:
1. Mary Anne/salmonmac
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
3. maryknitwit
5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Janis/Woofens
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. Kari/kdodge8

Scrappy Snuggie: (Unmatched/no two sections are the same color)
1. Lizars1735
2. maryknitwit <-- Currently knitting
3. Mary Anne/salmonmac
4. sakura-panda
5. Janis/Woofens

Looking for knitters:

1. Janis/Woofens
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac

I don't know what has happened to Sunrise Snuggie and Patriotic Pets; I have both PM'd and emailed and not gotten any responses back. It looks like Pumpkin Patch is with Patriotic Pets -- although I did not inquire specifically about it -- so I suppose that one is lost as well. :(

Any news for Scrappy Snuggie?

What would you all like to do about TBD? Is there any interest in starting replacement blankets?

salmonmac
04-24-2014, 05:45 PM
I'd be happy to get going on replacement snuggles. If Janis would like to start Scrappy, maybe we can encourage some others to join in or maybe we can double up on some sections?

Woofens
04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't know what has happened to Sunrise Snuggie and Patriotic Pets; I have both PM'd and emailed and not gotten any responses back. It looks like Pumpkin Patch is with Patriotic Pets -- although I did not inquire specifically about it -- so I suppose that one is lost as well. :(

Any news for Scrappy Snuggie?

What would you all like to do about TBD? Is there any interest in starting replacement blankets?

I actually have 2 snuggles OTN here that I'd be happy to offer up as replacements. One is pastels and the other is earth tones.

susauehl
04-25-2014, 04:46 PM
I will take a spot on any blanket please!

Susan

sakura-panda
05-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Sorry, I haven't been around much.

Let's get our list of interested knitters. :)

Janis
Susan
Mary Ann
Katie (me :))

Thanks for sticking with us! :thumbsup:

We have four snuggles out, three of them seeming to be MIA as I have gotten no response back from the knitters who have them. Maryknitwit has the fourth snuggle? And Janis has a fifth snuggle that I asked her to hold on to while we sorted out where we were.

(And then I sort of dropped off the face of the earth. :pout: Sorry about that!)

Janis, go ahead and send TBD to Mary Ann (salmonmac), then to me and then to Susan. If one of the four of us can do two sections (volunteer?), then Susan can go ahead and donate it and start the next one.

Since there are so few of us at the moment, we'll go with just one blanket this time and see if that helps keep us from getting overwhelmed.

I'd also like to suggest a two week turnaround time for the blankets. If that is not possible and the blanket comes to you at a bad time, we can rearrange the order or put you on a later blanket, when it is more convenient for you. I think the long wait times between sections is what damaged our momentum.

Please let me know what you think! I've missed working on these projects and would love to see it get moving again! :knitting:

susauehl
05-06-2014, 08:15 PM
:heart: Thanks Katie!
I do agree with you on all what you said. Two weeks is a good turn around time. Also one at a time for a blanket seems reasonable until we see how it goes.

Thanks again for sticking with this charity!

Woofens
05-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks Katie! I'll message Salmonmac for her address and get TBD in the mail by Monday. :grphug:

salmonmac
05-07-2014, 06:41 AM
That all sounds good to me. Thanks Katie for checking up on the snuggles.
I'll be happy to do two sections on the TBD snuggle Janis is sending and then forward to Katie. (My kitchen is undergoing a facelift and so if I can't be cooking, I've extra knitting time.)
Janis, I sent my address to you this morning.

kdodge8
05-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Sunrise Snuggie lives!!

I am soooo sorry. I thought I had mailed it but I swapped a bedroom and my craft room before the holidays and the package got put in a box instead of the mail and I just found it (since I thought I had mailed it, I nearly died when I realized I hadn't). I haven't knitted much in the past few months so I wasn't even logging in here so I was missing the posts on it being MIA. Totally flaking out isn't like me so I apologize!!!!!

I've messaged Susan to make sure she is ready for it and this time I will get it the right box, the mail box that is!!!

Kari

kdodge8
05-09-2014, 05:06 PM
By the way, I've picked up my knitting needles again and if you give me a second chance, I'd love to help on the blankets! I promise, I'll check in more often for now on (and make sure the blanket gets in the mailbox on time! :)

I like the idea of a 2 week turnaround too. For me, it gives me a deadline and that's what I need :)

salmonmac
05-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Terrific news! Thanks, kdodge.

sakura-panda
05-09-2014, 06:27 PM
By the way, I've picked up my knitting needles again and if you give me a second chance, I'd love to help on the blankets! I promise, I'll check in more often for now on (and make sure the blanket gets in the mailbox on time! :)

I like the idea of a 2 week turnaround too. For me, it gives me a deadline and that's what I need :)

Awesome! Glad to have you back. :waving:

Mary Ann offered to knit two sections on the blanket we have going around -- maybe she can knit just one section and send the blanket to you for the next one. Does that sound good to both of you? So it would look like this:

(Did it ever get a name? :?? )
1. Janis / Woofens
2. Mary Ann / salmonmac
3. Kari / kdodge
4. Katie / sakura-panda
5. Susan / susauehl

Let me know what you all think.

kdodge8
05-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Sounds good to me. I'll take that spot in the no-name blanket :) I won't be available until after May 26th though so if by chance it gets to my name before then, maybe I can switch places with the #4 person.

By the way, I saw Susan's note from a couple of weeks ago that she could help on any blanket going around so I didn't wait for her to reply saying she was ready, I just went ahead and mailed Sunrise Snuggie so it is on the way to her. She should get it next week.

Woofens
05-09-2014, 08:38 PM
TBD went out in today's mail. I am moving tomorrow and will have limited internet access after tomorrow so I've asked Salmonmac to email me when she receives it. I'll check in as I can

Hugs,
Janis

Woofens
05-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Awesome! Glad to have you back. :waving:

Mary Ann offered to knit two sections on the blanket we have going around -- maybe she can knit just one section and send the blanket to you for the next one. Does that sound good to both of you? So it would look like this:

(Did it ever get a name? :?? )
1. Janis / Woofens
2. Mary Ann / salmonmac
3. Kari / kdodge
4. Katie / sakura-panda
5. Susan / susauehl

Let me know what you all think.
Well, it went out in today's mail nameless lol. I was thinking something about earth tones or the desert for the name... It's shades of brown with a bit of blue right now. I never thought to take a picture.

susauehl
05-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Glad to hear you are back!! I will be looking for the blanket and let you know when it arrives!

Susan

salmonmac
05-10-2014, 05:43 AM
Sounds perfect!
I should finish before May 26, so I'll send it on to Sakura. Good to have these two blankets on the move again.

salmonmac
05-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Thanks, Janis. The no name snuggle arrived safely today. It's lovely colors and I can't wait to get to work.

felicity36
05-12-2014, 10:10 PM
How do I get involved in this? We saved both our dogs from the spca and anything I can do to help means everything to us.
Felicia Foster

sakura-panda
05-13-2014, 11:05 AM
How do I get involved in this? We saved both our dogs from the spca and anything I can do to help means everything to us.
Felicia Foster

I sent you a PM. Welcome! :waving:

We have one blanket going around at the moment that is nearly complete (and three that are MIA :pout:); signups for the next blanket should be starting soon (most likely after the fourth section is finished). :thumbsup:

susauehl
05-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Welcome!!

Susan

sakura-panda
05-19-2014, 10:35 AM
I received the TBN ("To Be Named") snuggle this weekend and I can't wait to work on it! It's so pretty! I have a couple of ideas for what color I'm going to use, and when I figure it out, I'll go ahead and name it since I really want to call it something else! :roflhard:

sakura-panda
05-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Update:

No-Name:
1. Janis / Woofens
2. Mary Ann / salmonmac
3. Katie / satura-panda <-- currently knitting :knitting:
4. Kari / kdodge8
5. Susan / susauehl

Woofens
05-19-2014, 11:02 PM
I received the TBN ("To Be Named") snuggle this weekend and I can't wait to work on it! It's so pretty! I have a couple of ideas for what color I'm going to use, and when I figure it out, I'll go ahead and name it since I really want to call it something else! :roflhard:

Can't wait!! Would love to see a pic of it now!

susauehl
05-20-2014, 01:59 PM
I received Summer Snuggle over the weekend. Thanks for the gift!
Will start on it soon!

sakura-panda
05-22-2014, 10:58 AM
I bought a skein of yarn yesterday and have paired it up with one out of my stash (I use these blankets as an excuse to buy yarn. :teehee: ) I only have a few rows done; my method of finding the center of a skein is to pull out a chunk of yarn and then find the end in that, so I knit just enough rows to use up that bit I took out.

I was so tired last night that I don't even remember what I did to put it away. I vaguely remember stuffing it all into a bag that wasn't big enough, so I'll probably find the yarn and needles all tangled together when I dig it back out. I should have waited until tonight to start it, but I was so excited to be working on it again that I couldn't help myself.

sakura-panda
05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
"Muddy Paws" is ready to go out. :)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3717/14096775918_43a1439afa.jpg

Woofens
05-27-2014, 11:15 AM
"Muddy Paws" is ready to go out. :)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3717/14096775918_43a1439afa.jpg

Love the name! Muddy Paws looks great!

kdodge8
05-27-2014, 11:55 AM
"Muddy Paws" - Love the name!!!

Welcome Felicia!

salmonmac
05-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Muddy Paws looks fantastic and the name is perfect. Good to see it making the rounds of Snuggle knitters. Many thanks for the photo.

sakura-panda
05-29-2014, 03:14 PM
UPDATE!

Current Snuggle Lists:

Sunrise Snuggie
1. maryknitwit
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Susan/susauehl <-- Currently knitting
5. Lizars1735

Muddy Paws:
1. Janis/Woofens
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
3. Katie/sakura-panda <-- Currently knitting
4. Kari/kdodge8
5. Susan/susauehl

I am still sitting on Muddy Paws but it should be in the mail tomorrow. :blush:

kdodge8
06-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I received Muddy Paws today! Thank you for the mints (they are my favorite!!! I love those mints!!)

I hope my color choice for muddy paws ends up being ok :) I was going to go with dark brown and light tan but that would have been two dark browns together so I went with the light tan and an avocado green (there is a little green in the first 5 inches so I figure I would pull that in :) It might end up looking a little weird but I never figure that out until it is too late to undo it all. I guess the dogs won't care :)

kdodge8
06-02-2014, 09:25 PM
By the way... Future Blanket theme ideas....
School colors or favorite team. Could be school colors AND favorite team (2 different blankets). School colors could be your old high school or college colors, your kids school colors, etc. Favorite team could be your favorite sports team or any team for that matter (could be your significant other's favorite sports team, the one he watches while you knit :). Since most schools and sports teams have two colors, it would be perfect for us :)

susauehl
06-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Lizars1735

I have pm you for your address Sunrise snuggle is ready to go!!

susauehl
06-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Sunrise Snuggle was sent to Felicity36 ETA 6/17/14

Welcome and enjoy working on the blanket!

sakura-panda
06-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Current Snuggle Lists:

Sunrise Snuggie
1. maryknitwit
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
3. Kari/kdodge8
4. Susan/susauehl
5. Felicia/felicity36 <-- Currently knitting

Muddy Paws:
1. Janis/Woofens
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
3. Katie/sakura-panda
4. Kari/kdodge8 <-- Currently knitting
5. Susan/susauehl

How is everyone doing? Are we ready to start a round of signups for a new blanket? :knitting:

susauehl
06-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Sure I am ready anytime!

Susan

Woofens
06-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Yes please :woohoo:

salmonmac
06-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Count me in!

kdodge8
06-24-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm ready too (for a new blanket).

And Muddy Paws is on the way to Susan.

sakura-panda
06-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Sure I am ready anytime!

Susan

Yes please :woohoo:

Count me in!

I'm ready too (for a new blanket).

And Muddy Paws is on the way to Susan.

Yay! I'll start! :knitting:

I've lost my donation tracking spreadsheet; I think I have it on one of my cloud storage sites, but I can't access them from work anymore and can't check to see who has donated recently. The order might change when I track that down, but tentatively:

TBD:
1. Katie/sakurapanda <- Currently knitting
2. Susan/susauehl
3. Janis/Woofens
4. Mary Ann/salmonmac
5. Kari/kdodge8

susauehl
06-27-2014, 02:36 AM
Muddy Paws arrived today. Now to decide what color to use. I will try and post a picture when it is done. But it won't be for a couple of weeks!

Happy early 4th of July!

Susan:grphug:

sakura-panda
07-08-2014, 10:39 AM
I've started a new snuggle, but for the most part, it's just sitting there. I look at it now and then and think I should finish it -- it has about two inches completed. :blush: I took it with me to the fireworks on the 4th and haven't picked it up since.

I've been working on decluttering instead of hobbying. I'll get back to it this week! It won't take long to finish, if I can just keep working on it.

susauehl
07-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Was wondering how all the blankets are coming along. I finished Muddy Paws and making another one to take to a shelter. My computer isn't working very well so I don't know if I will be able to post a photo! :-(

Did you want another blanket started yet or do you want me to wait?

Thanks!
Susan:grphug:

kdodge8
07-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Susan - feel free to text me a picture of Muddy Paws (I'll send my cell phone # in a PM) and I can try to post it.

I saw that I might be last on the next snuggle that goes around so I am also working on one to take to a shelter along with the group snuggle. I figure if I start now I would have it ready for when the group blanket gets to me :)

I'm ready for a group snuggle whenever everyone else is.

sakura-panda
07-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Okay, I found my list and it turns out to be complete. I thought that since the last snuggle recorded was from May 2013 that it was an old list, but a quick review of the thread show me there hasn't been a completed, donated blanket since then. (There was one completed, Blue Skies, but I couldn't find a note that it had been donated, so I hadn't moved it to my "donated" list.)

I'm going to leave the TBD list in the original order:
1. Katie/sakurapanda <- Currently knitting
2. Susan/susauehl
3. Janis/Woofens
4. Mary Ann/salmonmac
5. Kari/kdodge8

I'm also going to call it "Morning Meadow"; it is light grey/silver and olive/grass green. (That is, it is light grey and olive green but I prefer to think of it as silver and grass green -- like dew on grass. LOL) I am only a couple of rows from the end; I've been putting it off because I hadn't decided where it was going next. I should be able to wrap it up either tonight or tomorrow.

Susan -- I added Muddy Paws to the "donated" list; thanks! Feel free to start another one and I can put up a sign up list for it.

salmonmac
07-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the update. Please add me in anywhere on the new list. I'm ready to knit!

sakura-panda
07-29-2014, 10:31 AM
I finished my section of the new blanket! :knitting:

Susan -- do you still want it? Are you ready for it? :thumbsup:

susauehl
07-30-2014, 02:22 PM
I am ready! And I will let you know when I start the next one!

Thank you!
Susan

kdodge8
07-30-2014, 04:33 PM
You can add me anywhere on the new list too.

I'm excited to be last on Morning Meadow. My dog Tally came from Austin Pets Alive and that's where I plan on donating. :woohoo:

salmonmac
07-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Perfect!

susauehl
07-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

So I was reading past posts for name of blankets and thought I would go with College Years. I will start this one with blue and orange which is for Boise State University, the college my husband graduated from.
Hope to start it this weekend, so it will be ready to go!

Have a great weekend everyone!:hug:
Susan

salmonmac
07-31-2014, 12:23 PM
That sounds like fun!

kdodge8
07-31-2014, 12:29 PM
College Years - LOVE IT!

When it gets to me, I'll add green/gold (really green/yellow) for Baylor University where my daughter is currently going to school.

sakura-panda
07-31-2014, 05:50 PM
College Years sounds like fun! My college colors were blue and gold, same as my high school. :teehee:

Gratuitous graduation photo :roflhard:

kdodge8
07-31-2014, 06:56 PM
Blue and Gold was my first high school's colors. Then I moved to a small town and the rival high school's colors were blue and gold. I couldn't wear those colors anymore :) lol

Cute pic of your kiddos!!!

salmonmac
07-31-2014, 08:21 PM
What an adorable graduate! Congrats all around. I love the photo.

susauehl
08-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Love the photo!

sakura-panda
08-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Thanks; my youngest graduated from Young 5s this year and he starts Kindergarten in the fall. :pout:

Let's see if this works -- presenting Muddy Paws! :yay:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/r9pYCMsW3oPslJh2xtzO62n2o9SQKJ57W8fN_A-lfBc=w368-h207-p-no

Susan -- you always donate to the same place, right? The Humane Society in Boise?

Woofens
08-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey all! Muddy paws looks awesome. I'm glad to see it done! College years is a great idea. I'll do red and silver, Ohio state colors. I haven't been checking the forums much, but I am still here. The best way to get in touch with me is to email me directly. I don't always get an email about a PM or posts to the thread.

Hugs!!

sakura-panda
08-01-2014, 03:19 PM
How does this look?

Morning Meadow
1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susauehl
3. Janis/Woofens
4. Mary Ann/salmonmac
5. Kari/kdodge8

College Years:
1. Susan/susauehl
2. Mary Anne/salmonmac
3. Katie/sakurapanda
4. Janis/Woofens
5. Kari/kdodge8

Kari -- I have down that you have never donated a snuggle -- is that true? I put you on the end, but if you prefer, I'll move you to one of the middle sections.