PDA

View Full Version : my knitting tip

skookknitter
04-05-2013, 09:20 PM
after casting on, do first row of project/blanket... At the start of second row, put needle through stitch as if you are going to knit/purl stitch. Instead of doing the stitch just slide off needle, put on oppisite needle. Start off every row like this. This is a perfect edging for blankets or if you need to sew pieces together.

GrumpyGramma
04-05-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm glad you discovered this. Slipping the first stitch can make an attractive edge and some patterns call for it.

Antares
04-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Yup, that is a great tip to know. Now if I could just remember to actually do it!

ad2knit
04-06-2013, 04:21 PM
after casting on, do first row of project/blanket... At the start of second row, put needle through stitch as if you are going to knit/purl stitch. Instead of doing the stitch just slide off needle, put on oppisite needle. Start off every row like this. This is a perfect edging for blankets or if you need to sew pieces together.
NOW you tell me lol. Oh well never mind
Great tip for next time :-)

Marina1109
04-06-2013, 05:31 PM

I love slipping the first stitch, then I knit the last.
My blankets look great that way.

The following link is a tutorial of three ways of doing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_odMnlGeH-o :thumbsup: