PDA

View Full Version : stockinette cloth...with seed stitch border, a la Judy

N0obKnitter
04-09-2013, 11:49 PM
It's on her YouTube channel "knittingtipsbyjudy".

N0obKnitter
04-11-2013, 11:57 PM
This is the 2nd one. Lol

GrumpyGramma
04-12-2013, 12:42 AM
I tried to find the video you referenced but couldn't and then forgot to come back and ask you about it. That looks good and very useful.

salmonmac
04-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Oh, nicely done and in beautiful colors! Which yarn are you using?

N0obKnitter
04-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Oh, nicely done and in beautiful colors! Which yarn are you using?

It's cotton (very soft.) I have a 1 pound bag of it from a chain called Zellers in Canada. They had a bin of 1 pound bags o' yarn.

Hey look, I posted about the bags o yarn 3 years ago!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99330

My mom still lives up there and enables me buy grabbing a bag o cotton sometimes though Zellers is pretty much toast now. :(

N0obKnitter
04-12-2013, 09:36 AM
I tried to find the video you referenced but couldn't and then forgot to come back and ask you about it. That looks good and very useful.

Darnit. I tried to copy/paste it. Let me poke around...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qo2vCFLmM8

ArtLady1981
04-14-2013, 06:58 PM
That is a really nice cloth! I like the simplicity of the pattern combined with that yarn colorway! :thumbsup:

N0obKnitter
04-14-2013, 09:03 PM
I have #3 ont. Lol

Woodi
04-15-2013, 07:52 AM
You were wise to get a big buy like that from Zellers before they went belly-up. Ours is being replaced with Target.....hope i like that as much, but sadly, it's not Canadian. It's nice to support one's own country.....but it seems that eventually, there only will be one country in the world anyways.....do ya think?

Antares
04-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Perfect!!!

N0obKnitter
04-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Target sucks for crafts. I live near one. I miss Zellers so so much!

GrumpyGramma
04-15-2013, 02:08 PM
You were wise to get a big buy like that from Zellers before they went belly-up. Ours is being replaced with Target.....hope i like that as much, but sadly, it's not Canadian. It's nice to support one's own country.....but it seems that eventually, there only will be one country in the world anyways.....do ya think?

There's a Target near me but I rarely go in there. They don't carry yarn or needles or anything like that. I'm sorry you're getting stuck with Target instead of Zellers. I may have been in a Zellers once, I'm not sure. It was a huge store with just about everything. Maybe the Target you get will be better than the one near me. I hope so.

nonny2t
04-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Hey, it looks great and great colors too!

N0obKnitter
04-17-2013, 10:08 AM
There's a Target near me but I rarely go in there. They don't carry yarn or needles or anything like that. I'm sorry you're getting stuck with Target instead of Zellers. I may have been in a Zellers once, I'm not sure. It was a huge store with just about everything. Maybe the Target you get will be better than the one near me. I hope so.
Zellers:

Where else could you buy a bicycle, a tv, crock pot, vacuum, a watch, clothes, linens, food and needlework supplies all in the same store? :thumbsup:

GrumpyGramma
04-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Zellers:

Where else could you buy a bicycle, a tv, crock pot, vacuum, a watch, clothes, linens, food and needlework supplies all in the same store? :thumbsup:

That sounds like WalMart. Fred Meyer, too. Throw in some garden plants and tools while you're at it. If you need tires or an oil change, skip FM and go straight to WM. :-P