PDA

View Full Version : Back after awhile with a new cowl

KnitandPurl
04-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Hello everybody. I took a break from knitting for a couple of years but I came back this spring with a cowl. I didn't finish it till it was almost spring but we got SEVERAL cold snaps so I got a lot of good use out of it.

I hope this attachment works - I'm on my iPad. OK it didn't. I'll have to post from my computer.

I got the yarn and pattern from Flying Fingers in Tarrytown , NY. The pattern is Dillons Cozy and the yarn is Berrocco Peruvia Quick in two colors: burgundy and grey. It's wonderfully warm and not too scratchy.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it except the stockinette curls a bit. I should probably block it.

Well I have another project I want to start - socks and I've already got questions. I'll post them in the other forum.

KnitandPurl
04-17-2013, 09:06 PM
OK here are the pics hopefully. Nope, I'm getting a user error that I don't have permission to post. That's strange.

GrumpyGramma
04-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Glad you're back knitting and are here, hope you can get your pics to post soon, I'd love to see.

KnitandPurl
04-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks GrumpyGranmma. There are pics on my Ravelry account

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/continentalknits/dillons-cozy

but I'm getting a user error when I try to post here.

Jan in CA
04-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Check the link in my sig for pic posting info.

KnitandPurl
04-17-2013, 09:46 PM
OK here goes.

KnitandPurl
04-17-2013, 09:51 PM
And another showing the stranded stitch pattern.

Antares
04-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Ewwww-la-la! That is gorgeous--curling or no curling.

You certainly came back with a bang!

Thanks for persevering and showing us your gorgeous cowl!

Jan in CA
04-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Pretty!

salmonmac
04-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Very nicely done and a beautiful color combination. Your cowl certainly would make the spring cold snap more than bearable. Thanks for the photos.

KnitandPurl
04-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks everybody. It was the first time that I tried stranded knitting and the first time I tried English (I knit Continental on the left and English on the right) I was surprised how easy it was! I think I'm going to do more stranded knitting in the future.

GrumpyGramma
04-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks everybody. It was the first time that I tried stranded knitting and the first time I tried English (I knit Continental on the left and English on the right) I was surprised how easy it was! I think I'm going to do more stranded knitting in the future.

I love your colors. Thanks for the encouragement, I've been playing with two handed stranded work but haven't yet really started anything. I've got to get to it.

DavidSydney63
04-19-2013, 12:42 AM
The reason it would up load from your iPad is that the size of the photo's too big. Painful, yes. I end up using some sort of editing software and "resize" the iPad pics.

ArtLady1981
04-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Very nice work! I like it a lot. Resembles the linen stitch, which is very classy! Welcome back! :heart:

KnitandPurl
04-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Sorry I didn't see these replies earlier. Thanks so much!

Coming here has inspired me to start another one in another color combination.

I only have the yarn to show for it now but later I hope to post pics.