PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Nikkilc
04-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Welcome :hug:

fleurdesel
04-28-2008, 03:29 PM
I have finally learned to knit continental as I could not make a right stitch legible in my life. Now all I do is knit, scarves only for the next few months. I am creative and love to learn about stitches and inspiring patterns.

Ilailea
04-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Hello, I am new here.

My name is Jennifer. I am a mom with an almost 3 year old and a 9 month old. I have been knitting since I was 5 or so, but I really got serious about knitting when I took up spinning about 10 years ago. I needed something to do with all that yarn I was spinning!

This is a really great site and I am happy to have found it.

Shandeh
04-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Welcome, Welcome! :muah:

Wendy60
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Was recommended to your site by the place that I took knitting lessons from. It looks like a great site. Am looking forward to browsing through the site.:thumbsup:

JuanitaM
04-30-2008, 04:37 PM
My name is Juanita and I am just now joining in the fun.
I have been knitting for about 6-8months.
I have successfully knitted scarves, dish cloths, one pair of socks(Magic Loop) and currently working on a pair of Magic Loop socks, one pair of Sheri's Lace socks, cable dish cloth and simple knit & purl aphagan. I am married for 16years this year, two gifts from God 3 and 7. I enjoy studying The Holy Word of God "Bible", biking, knitting and reading books. I look forward to knitting many items in the future. I am interested eventually in learning how to knit sweaters, and felting.
Look forward to enjoying many chats with the group. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this knitting family.
Juanita:knitting:

CigarettesByCandlelight
05-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Hello Hello,
I'm Alice and a new knitter really. Have been knitting scarves (or, partially knitted scarves before they got too boring and I took them to pieces) for quite some time, but a friend and I have decided to improve our knitting!
So yes, hello. I will probably ask a LOT of questions about how to do things, what things mean, etc. so I hope it won't get annoying!
This is a fantastic site and a great idea for people like me!
Love, Alice

Jeremy
05-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Welcome to all of our new members!:hug:

Amanda89
05-02-2008, 12:12 AM
My name is Amanda and I have been tangling yarn and two sticks together for about six months. I was unempoyed last summer and needed something to do before I lost what little bit of sanity I had left. I've knitted a few scarves and I just finished my first hat. Many mistakes in it, but each mistake is a learning experience. Thanks to kh, this is where my journey began.:muah:

lovelevy
05-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Thank you for welcoming me to this group.

webangel
05-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Hello all. I hope I am doing this right. I just started to knit and joined a Yahoo group and everyone is suggesting this site. So glad I came to check it out. It is quite awesome.:happydance: I haven't knitted anything yet, except 3 quick scarves, but hope to jump in soon.

catlvr
05-03-2008, 06:26 PM
:) Hi All I'm new here and new to knitting. I know all the basic stitches but have failed miserably at trying to make any sort of wearable, so I'll probably drive you crazy asking questions!! I live in Texas with my hubby, our son is on the USS Mount Whitney, we have 2 indoor cats and a 12 yr. old pekingese. Looking forward to getting to know and talk to all of you

suzeeq
05-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Well none of us have gone crazy yet by answering questions. Of course maybe some of us were already there!

Welcome!

cacunn
05-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I'll probably drive you crazy asking questions!!

our son is on the USS Mount Whitney, we have 2 indoor cats and a 12 yr. old pekingese.

catlvr i'm not sure there is enough sanity combined on this site to drive anyone crazy with questions. We all have had questions and once asked there is someone with an answer just waiting.

Next time you speak/write to your son thank him for his service. Also as his parents I thank you for the support you are giving him.

wishfulthinking
05-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi! Love this site already. Joined this morning and watched a very helpful video. Already, I've posted a question and gotten great advice and help from members. Love it here!

escomyluv
05-06-2008, 10:00 AM
This is a wonderful site! I started trying to learn to knit about a year ago with a book. I did learn how to do the knit and purl stitches but that's about it. Eventually I gave up....until now. While cleaning, I found all this yarn I had bought and decided to give it another try. I found this website, watched the videos and it was like the cloud had been lifted away. I was so excited to start again and I am doing pretty good. Of course, I haven't tried anything really hard yet. But I'm sure with all of your help, I'll be a pro shortly. Thank you soooo much for being so helpful and for having such a great website. :woot:

cacunn
05-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Escomyluv - Welcome to the forum. If you have questions this site has a lot of great knitter and all are will to share to bring new knitters and more experienced knitter trying something new along.

Shandeh
05-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Welcome, new knitting friends! :hug:

craftymumma
05-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi guys my name is Gemma, I'm 27 mother of one from Melbourne Australia. I am brand spanking new to this :knitting: game so i am looking forward to learning techniques and the in's and outs of :knitting: from this awesome site!

Ilovemochi
05-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm so excited to join this forum! I started knitting from a book and have had so many questions! If I had known about this forum sooner I would have saved myself from sooo many mistakes!! I'm so glad I found you :muah:

cacunn
05-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Welcome to those who have recently joined. Two things to check out if you haven't already is the videos tutorials:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/learn-to-knit

and the abbreviations, we talk a funny language, a link to those are in my signature.

LBECK
05-08-2008, 07:45 AM
My name is Lisa. I am new to this site and new to knitting. I learned to knit about 8 months ago and I knitted lots of wristlets and scarves for Christmas presents one for every female at the party. (about 10 or 12) I crochet and have been at that for about 12 years or so. I am married and have 2 grown children one in College and the other married with a new baby (6weeks) So I am a new Nanna also. I have been checking out this site for a couple of weeks and I love it . Excited to get started learning more about knitting.:woot:

Jeremy
05-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Welcome to KH. everyone.:hug:

GirlChris
05-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi, I am an on again off again knitter. I took a basic knitting class at a small yarn shop many years ago but I still consider myself a very novice knitter. I am getting back into it recently and would love to learn some actual skill instead of faking my way though every project. I will check out the abbreviations page to see if I can decifer things around here.

Shandeh
05-08-2008, 02:45 PM
It's wonderful to see all of you new KHers! Welcome!
:heart: :hug: :heart:

cacunn
05-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi, I am an on again off again knitter. I took a basic knitting class at a small yarn shop many years ago but I still consider myself a very novice knitter. I am getting back into it recently and would love to learn some actual skill instead of faking my way though every project. I will check out the abbreviations page to see if I can decifer things around here.

GirlChris in addition to the abbreviation page there are a lot of very good videos here as well. Look at the "View Videos" tab at the top of the page.

djb
05-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Hello,
I am an American (from NY) living in Israel for year. It is hard for me because I do not know Hebrew. I am teaching myself to knit to pass the time while my husband works I live in "knitting" forums to absorb all the info I can on knitting. Thank you for hosting such a wonder forum it is a wealth of information. My computer is my best friend right now.

dj

pathfinder
05-09-2008, 04:50 AM
Thanks for making this site and all the wonderful videos! I'm a knitting virgin and just took my first class this week at Woool in The Hague. Pauline, the teacher, was patient and clear, but of course I have a lousy memory, so seeing your videos is a good reminder. With her tips and yours, I can't fail. I'm knitting as meditation and stress reducer, so knowing you guys are there is a big help!

KnittingNat
05-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Welcome everyone :hug:

tlilytlily
05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm so glad I found you, Amy! I've enjoyed this website for a while and have been referring newbies like myself to view your excellent videos. I teach beginner's knitting and sometimes we just need to see things over and over to "get it." I haven't branched out from knitting anything beyond shawls and scarves, but I'm hopeful ;)

((((HUG)))))
Tlilytlily

diehlsb
05-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi,
I thought I already sent in a new member post, but I can't find myself (my member name is diehlsb)! Anyway, I am retired, lucky enough to live full time in my motorhome (with my husband!) and travel all summer.
I learned to knit as a small child; every Fall I need the feel of yarn and needles in my hand. I've always enjoyed learning new techniques and patterns, and this web site is wonderful! As we travel, I knit -- it's easier than just sitting there if we are traveling along freeways. Of course, if there is great scenery, that gets my attention.
The videos have been a tremendous help. As a left-handed person, I've taught myself the continental method by switching hands: yarn held in the right hand, working needle on the left. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but the result is really good, and it's faster.:knitting:
Thanks again for the great site.

Jeremy
05-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Welcome to the forum everyone.:hug:

cheekyprincess
05-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Just wanted to say a quick hello. I just joined the group today. Lots of useful info here! Look forwarding to chatting with you!

Teapot
05-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi! I'm Teapot and i'm some what new to the secret underground knitting network! I'm a college student working on a tea cozy and a history major.

cheekyprincess
05-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I too am a lefty, but do not like the continental. Glad you are enjoying knitting. I have wanted to learn for YEARS and finally had a friend teach me. She showed me both ways, and the continental just didnt feel right. I am addicted now too! LOL

cheekyprincess
05-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi diehlsb! That is my dream to motor around with my dh seeing the USA. That is a while away for us! I am new here too. Happy knitting!

slipped2
05-12-2008, 07:44 AM
I have been knitting for many years (since I was 5), but never tried short rows. Hope to learn that soon. I am a big fan of Barbara Walker and am just now learning to crochet, more than just to finish the edging of my knitting. It uses yarn at a frenetic pace. Much prefer knitting! I recently made a scarf in the double basket pattern and everyone loved it so much I'm stuck with simple knit and purl for a while until I knit all my friends and relatives the SAME scarf. Whew. I'm also working on that afghan in the Coats and Clarks ad in three shades of Thyme and spending a small fortune adding to my library on Amazon. They have real bargans on the Vogue Stitchionarys for instance. And with the help of the reviews I just want EVERYTHING.:yay: :woot: :woot: :woot: lOVE THIS SITE.

fayray
05-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Hello Everyone:
My name is Faylene and I live in the Northwest part of Washington state, in the U.S. I am a beginner knitter, although I am an experienced crocheter, I chose to learn to knit, because the sweater patterns for knits are to die for. Where as most of the crochet patterns for clothes fit like a suit of armour. I like to crochet miniature thread teds and other agrimuini type animals. I just discovered Allen Dart patterns and love his creations. We really don't have his patterns available to us in the U.S., we just have gasp, Annie Potter and some other similar cheesy type patterns. Although I do belong to threadanimals at yahoo, and have many beautiful patterns I have purcahsed through artists individually. Anyways I have some beautiful patterns I would trade for some Allen Dart Patterns, if anyone is interested, I have array of Paradise barbie patterns, and Annie Potter patterns and series I would be trade for some Allan Dart Patterns, I also have some beautiful knitted clothing patterns, from Katia, Online, etc...Thanks for reading, but I really want all of Allan Dart Patterns, especially the Beatrix Potter ones, Pleasssse.
Best Regards,
Faylene

Marshame
05-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Hello folks! In reading some of these posts I feel humbled by the skill and knowledge that many of you possess, not to mention experience in knitting! Let's just say that I have knit enough that I can look down my nose at Red Heart, but that's about it! I am just now tackling my first pair of socks on two circulars. I am a leftie, and have just, within the last few months, forced myself to knit the knit stitch properly, instead of knitting through the back loop like I have been doing for years.

Actually I just took up knitting again about 18 months ago, following a sabbatical that extends back to college days. I had forgotten how much fun it is and how relaxing. And of course the yarn these days is so lucious that it is impossible not to buy the yarn if not to dream about various projects.

But I am a timid knitter, fearful of rejection of my laborious gifts, especially from my grown daughter who has high standards and expectations. Fortunately my 2-year old granddaughter is not so picky and has therefore been the recipient of my first two sweater efforts.

I hope to be encouraged and challenged here, and also to learn.

pastrymama
05-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi, my name is Marilyn, I haven't been able to knit or crochet for almost 30 years because of carpal tunnel syndrome, but I have had surgery on both hands and it has worked really well for me. I am now able to knit and crochet again. :cheering:

I am a pastry chef in my real life and have 5 children and 9 grandchildren, hence my nickname 'pastrymama'

I am so happy to have found this site and look forward to making friends and enjoying your creations with you. :muah:

purple3ivy
05-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey everyone, I just found KH and this forum as I'm in need of some help, so hopefully I'll be able to find it somewhere in the forum. LOL.

I'm relatively new to knitting, in that the project I'm working on now is my first thing that's NOT a basic scarf. I'm learning a lot (thanks to my grandmothers), but I'm always wanting to learn more!

I'll see you around. :)

davespurl
05-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Just joined this group and I think its going to be great. I am a new knitter, I took a class 6 months ago and have knitted a bookmark, scarf, dishcloth and am now working on my first blanket. I just finished reading the Friday Night Knitting club and that's what made me want to connect to other knitters. Great book, if you're a reader check it out. I really love knitting, it fits my personality. I also do needlepoint, and crossstitch (I have some lovely framed pieces of both and lots of unfinished projects there) but HAD to try knitting because my 16 year old daughter learned and LOVES IT!(I can also crochet a little but need to learn that better too.) So it was a way to connect more with her and we took the class together. I live in Washington State of the "good ole US OF A" and I love it here. I've lived here all of my life, but travel extensively and have been many other places. I love my computer too, so if you'd like to chat, let me know, and let me know where you're from, cause maybe I've been there!

See ya!

davespurl
05-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi there cheekyprincess! Nice to meet someone from New Zealand!

cheekyprincess
05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi! I am actually from the U.S. I had a dear friend many years ago that refered to me as his "cheeky princess" and well it stuck! LOL so I use it STILL.

GirlChris
05-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Faylene, I had not heard of those adorable Alan Dart pattern but googled it when Iread your post. Waaaay tooo cute. I found this I wanted to show ya
http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/store/displayitem.asp?sid=503&id=22205&custid=13@05@200821233@811584436&setext=magazine

degrawturtle
05-14-2008, 01:34 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have been a crocheter for many years and had decided last year to try my hands at knitting. I have gotten most of the basics down but have run into some stitches and terms that I just can't find in most books and online help sites. :?? I will post about this in a different thread.
I am a retired Home Economics Teacher and ran a custom sewing and alterations business for 20 year while my two sons grew up. I now am a happy retired grandma of two grandsons so far. My constant companions are two welsh terriers who love to snuggle ups next to me as I crochet or knit.
I look forward to reading and getting to know all members here. As I learn more I hope I will be a help to some of you.
Barb:waving:

chunkymommy
05-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Hello All,

i'm from kit,ont canada have a Ds 7 ,Dd 19 months and one due sept 15 and like to get to beable to knit with more skill and be able to finsh more then just a wash cloth :roflhard:

thanks for the great site with so much info and the videos that so much help!! learned how to cast on the right way :woot:

lindsay

raineedaiz64
05-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Wanted to stop in and say hi! I love this place. I am new to knitting (about a month now) but have been an avid crocheter most of my life. I have to say that this place has really impressed me, especially the videos. Let me tell you, those things are invaluable to people just learning. Thank you.

Now, going to go surfing the boards. Right now, looking for an easy pattern to do for a bag for my knitting. Have found a couple but not so easy. Oh well...gives me something to hunt for! Hope to see you all around soon! :muah: :muah:

knitwhich
05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I have been knitting for a year or so (self taught), but I am still bumbling around. I have started projects that have been way over my head and have gotten frustrated, but keep coming back for more.

Now that our first grandchild is on the horizon I have again picked up the needles to try to produce some special gifts.

So I am sure I will be crying out for help soon. My big project is the sampler blanket - my husband is cringing.

Wish me lots of luck

Knitwhich
Victoria B.C.

jessiewhite00
05-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey everyone --

Well, like most of us here...I am a crocheter who was looking for something new. I have come to love knitting, and am working on my first real project -- a baby sweater for my boss. I hate being new at things, so I love that there are videos here for me to learn. What a great resource!

I'm from sunny Southern California, right by Disneyland. I'm 20 years old, taking a semester off school and being a psychology major to "find myself" and the passion that is going to drive me for the rest of my life. Turns out it's not as easy as I thought. In a mere couple of days I am leaving for three weeks to travel to Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, and Indonesia, and I am more excited than I could say. My boyfriend, Theo, is from there and I'll finally be able to see where he comes from.

Anyways, I plan on being active in this knitting community...I don't know, I just like the feel of it. :)

Until next time...

continentalgirlie
05-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi Amy
Newbie here. I just wanted to thank you for such a fantabulistic site! I had visited in the past, but for whatever knucklehead reason, had failed to notice the "forum" section. I have been trying to teach myself (with the help of a family friend) to knit for the past few months, and have managed to make a few scarves so far, but the itch to try a new stitch and new project has brought me back here. And I'm so glad that I did! Your videos are terrific! FINALLY!!! A "REAL-LIFE" DEMONSTRATION! Reading the instructions in books cannot compare to actually SEEING it done. It totally takes the fear out of trying something I had never tried before.
I'm sure I'll learn so much quicker now that I've found you.
Thank you!

SyrianLady
05-15-2008, 08:48 PM
[FONT="Times New Roman"]:woohoo: :knitting: wow! i finaly found new hope when it comes to technical difficulties in knitting .. its very informative and very helpful. FONT]

Shandeh
05-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Welcome everyone! Enjoy yourselves in the KH Forum!
:muah:

kayjay
05-16-2008, 01:37 AM
hello to all. I a not only new to knitting I am new to forums as well so please bear with me. And hi to all the other Canadians Eh!

Jaguar
05-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi all!

I am a stay at home mom of 2 lil boys and I live in Belgium.

My grandmother taught me how to knit. She died more than 20 years ago, but I never un-learned what she taught me, and I am very happy about this.

I am a bit of a coward and don't dare to take on bigger knitting projects like pullovers etc. I stick to small things. I knitted several little toys: cats, horses, chickens and am currently working on the parrot from the book A World Of Knitted Toys.

I'm looking foreward to learning heaps of things from you!
See you all on the different fora :thumbsup:

Myriam

Brrezia
05-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Hello, I am new to knitting, still can't get past cast on. But I am sticking to it, I can't wait to make beanies! I'm going to see if a craft store near offers lessons. Talk to you guys in the threads!

cheekyprincess
05-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Kayjay you'll be knitting like a pro before you know it!

Welcome! to you and all the "newbies"

roxy1stmommy
05-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Hello I'm new to the forum and sort of new to knitting. My name is Roxy and I live in MN with my dh and ds. I've done a few easy projects that have included knit and purl stitches, increase and decrease, and knit2together. The one problem I have really been having is in the beginning after I knit my first row I end up with this long loop at the end and then have one less stitch then I began with. If anyone has any suggestion please let me know. Anyways thats me!

Shandeh
05-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Welcome to you all! :hug:

Be sure to post any knitting questions in the "How To" section of the forum. You'll get lots of help there! :thumbsup:

LINDAMW
05-17-2008, 07:06 PM
This is a great site. The videos have been very helpful. I recently began knitting and am trying to first felted bag.

Staarrkatt
05-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Hello :)

My name is Katt (altho I was told that username is taken, so my user name here is Staarrkatt ...... )

I've been knitting for .... well, for a long time! LOL

I'm just now learning how to spin and getting interested in dying my own yarn as well (purchased yarn for now ....) starting with Kool Aid. I mentioned this on another elist I belong to and someone asked if I'd heard about this one .....

Well, no, I hadn't ... but now I have! :)

Guess I'll go wander around and see what I can find here.

Katt

Jeremy
05-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the Forum:hug: We have a forum here that is directed right at your interests.

Kathie77
05-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Hi, I'm Kathie. I've been knitting for several years and it's my passion. We moved here to Seoul about a year and half ago from Charlotte, NC. I miss the states but it's great living abroad. I have two young girls who take 98% of my time. The rest is devoted to knitting (and my husband when I have nothing to knit :wink: ) I just joined the forum to make some knitter friends now that I'm an ocean away. :)

Debkcs
05-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow, lot's of new people! Welcome to you all, this is a great place to learn, and the people are wonderful!

The best thing? If you have a problem, our wonderful mods are right there to help you out. :heart:

KnitsAway
05-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Hello! New here and fairly new to knitting. Made 5 scarves last year and gave 4 away for Christmas. Started a rather large blanket. I think I'm almost halfway done.

Knitted a rug and am working on a matching rug and another rug and a dishcloth.

Discovered I am unable to follow a pattern that is not repetitive. My brain seems to turn off when I knit or I'm daydreaming.

kellybigeyes
05-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Hello... my name is Kelly. I am new to knitting. :knitting: I started taking a free class at out local library a few months ago. I have knitted 2 dishcloths and a bookmark. I am now working on a new project. A cell phone cover/holder for my mother-in-law's birthday next month. Hopefully, it will turn out good. I am really enjoying knitting. I am a stay-at-home-mom of a 1 year old daughter. I love it!! :heart: We are a pretty busy family, but I try to find time to knit at least every other day. I hope to figure out this site and help with Oddball projects.

Kelly

dustinac
05-19-2008, 02:37 PM
:happydance: Welcome to the forum, everyone!!

dweggler
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Wow, what a site! I am awed. I am a longtime knitter who is currently teaching others how to knit, and so your site is a great resource. I sure wish I'd had access to this sort of information 35 years ago when I was learning, but oh well, at least my students will have it. I look forward to learning more.

pixelf
05-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi y'all, i,m Pixie and i and a newbie :) I've never knew this group existed until i got an email from a lady here. I think i will like this group a lot. I am not really good at knitting yet, but i've made slippers,hats,scarves,a kitten,a purse i designed myself :) and am trying to make socks on 2 needles! Have a great day everyone. Pixie

cjknit
05-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Thank you so much for making the videos. I searched on youtube and through Google. Some moved too fast or I couldn't see what they were doing. These ones are just right.

Best part is I can watch the basics over and over till I can finally remember.

I learned crocheting years ago and have always wanted to learn to knit but just couldn't understand it or remember how.

I had the pleasure of working for Skacel for a few months and so real pros showed me how to knit and I still couldn't get the hang of it. I loved working at Skacel and I thought I would work there for years. Still in shock I guess. :sad:

yarnparadise
05-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi there. Just joined so thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm Lily and live in USA
I love all crafts and knitting.
I have been knitting for over 5 years. I'm 31 years old.

I'm very happy with joining yoru great forum.

daninascto
05-22-2008, 08:48 AM
ol a todas as tricotadeiras desse site!!! esse site muito legal e ajuda bastante.sou brasileira e aqui no meu pais no temos um site de ajuda tao bom assim... Vamos tricotar!!! :muah:

Shandeh
05-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the forum! :muah:

ellieknix
05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself and say hi!

Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36380), to decode our chit chat. ;)

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy
Hi I just stumbled onto this website and I'm new to knitting but LOVE it! I just completed a sweater & moved on to another sweater. The directions on decreasing at the waist are confusing. It says "shape side seams by dec 1 st at each end of 3rd (next:next:next:next) and every following 4th row until 73 (79:85:91:97) sts rem." I'm knitting a large, so I adhere to the third instruction within the parentheses. So are the instructions for a large to decrease 1 st at each end of 4th row and every following row until 91 sts remain? Thanks and looking forward to chatting.

meljoseph
05-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Hi,

I'm Mel and I have been knitting for about 30 years. I still have a lot to learn but have gotten better over the years. When I first started I would go to the yarn shop where I purchased my yarn if I had a problem and they would help me. I love yarn and I love to knit.

I am trying to find a hat pattern for a hat that is a little loose, has a ribbed beginning for about 1 1/2" and then the rest of the hat is knitted/purled and has a tulip eyelet pattern from just above the ribbing to the top of the hat. Does anyone have a hat pattern that sounds like this that they would like to share.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mel Joseph

srfwidow
05-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Aloha everyone! My mom had taught me to knit when I was a kid. I think I was interested for about a week. I had never finished anything. That was at least 30 years ago (I just turned 40). So during this time my mom has knitted some really beautiful sweaters, skirts, afgahns and such.

About a year ago I decided I needed a project and if Mom could do it, it must be in my blood! I took up crochet and my first project was an afghan that my boyfriend loves! Since then I've made a few market bags and a shawl. Then I decided to start knitting. I just love having a project.

Everything is new to me though and my book is limited in instructions. This site with the videos has been so helpful. I think I have an idea of what I'm supposed to do and the video just cements it or shows me I was totally off base! I found this site from another forum that had basic instructions.

Today I learned the I-Cord stitch for my current project and decided I need to make something like that for my cat as a toy! I'm happy to be here and appreciate the help from existing posts and hope that some day I will be one to post a reply based on experience!

Aloha,

Srf (ps i'm not a widow, my boyfriend just likes to surf) :)

Kazbone
05-25-2008, 02:04 AM
:woohoo Hi everyone, I have just become a member, great site I discovered it a few months ago when I was trying to teach my 12yr old daughter. So have decided to register,
My Mum taught me how to knit when I was 8 yrs old that was 36 years ago knitted quite a few items in my time. Love to knit baby clothes so I had a great range to choose from when I became a Mum.
Stopped for a few years had other things to keep me occupied.
Started knitting again when a friend at work was having a baby she told me that she justed loved all the old style mattinee jackets.
I said I have some really old patterns at home so I was on the knitting trail again that was a year or so ago. So now I have decided to make a baby shawl I also have started to collect old baby pattern books the oldest one I have is 1920,s just love them.
Thanks for a great site.
Talk soon
Kaz:knitting:

Kerry
05-25-2008, 05:37 AM
I have a pattern called, "The Tree Of Life" and am stuck with it. Is there anybaody who has the pattern that could help "talk" me through it?

debminerva
05-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Hello! I just started knitting, and when I say "just started", I mean I've been practicing for four days. I have yet to complete something, but I'm addicted to it. I don't mind re-doing something as I just got the hang of the knit stitch and purl stitch.

The instructional videos on this site have been so helpful. I am serious about my new hobby and I hope to produce something remotely recognizable by the end of this holiday weekend.

I'm sure I will be pursuing the forums for tips (although it's hard to put down those needles).

-Debbie

1needlenut
05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Hello everyone,
I am happy to have found this site. My Grandmother taught me the basics of knitting many years ago. Now I want to learn more and this looks like the place to come for help!
I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
1needlenut

fatima
05-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself and say hi!

Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36380), to decode our chit chat. ;)

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy
Hello, it's taken me 30 mins to relise how to reply , my name is Fatima, i'm a new knitter, and this site has help me so much with understanding most of the abbreviations, i still need alot of help when trying to read a pattern book,but i keep trying anyway,i don't know if you can help me but what does it mean when they abbreviate k0,p0 or c4f???
it's great being on this site

Jeremy
05-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the Forum everyone :hug:

Jeremy
05-28-2008, 11:28 AM
ol a todas as tricotadeiras desse site!!! esse site muito legal e ajuda bastante.sou brasileira e aqui no meu pais no temos um site de ajuda tao bom assim... Vamos tricotar!!! :muah:

Bem-vindo!:hug:

kellybigeyes
05-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I just wanted to say welcome to everyone new in the forum. I am new to the forum also (been here about a week or so). You will learn lots of new things and everyone is so nice and helpful.

ElraTyln
05-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Hello! I am new as well! I have been knitting for a few months this time around. I tried about a year or so ago and had problems being a lefty and learning from pictures. I found Continental around two months ago and felt instantly at home! It was like it "clicked" for me! I haven't done much, a few headbands and two scarves. This site is sooo helpful! I am loving it!:cheering:

CherylLouise
05-28-2008, 06:36 PM
HI!. I found your site while looking for how to use the magic loop. Then I found how to do the provisional cast on, a technique I had been looking to learn to do since I started working on a knitted whimple for my mother's friend.

I am glad I found knittinghelp.com!

Warmly,
Cheryl

NickyO
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
:yay: I've been trying to find yarn shops in and around the Daytona Beach, DeLand, and New Smyrna Beach area. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me.

Also, are there any knitting groups in the same area?:yay:

mills
05-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey guys um im kinda new to this site and 4sure new to knitting by the way im millie...i just need to knw what needles to start the basic stiches and stuff can one of you please tell me....thanks..

Cooki
05-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Hello all,
I am new to the site and relatively new to knitting (only in the last 6 six years). My older sister taught me to knit when I moved to WA state :woohoo: from NC. In her words, she's created a monster!! I am most fortunate to have a most wonderful LYS less than a mile from my house, Fancy Image Yarn.

I have two beautiful granddaughters for whom I knit many things, along with a husband, son, daughter and step-son, step-daughter and their spouses. It is good to be in a helpful community because boy! do I need help.

Hope to interact with you soon,
Cooki

Chyabbie02
05-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Allyson I live in Florida. I'm a stay at home mom of two beautiful girls. I would really like to learn to knit. I have been reading Debbie MAcombers books and she got me interested. I have just bought my first balls of yarn and needles so I'm really a newbie. LOL. Thanks in advance for any and all help. I found out about your site from a lady from my freecycle group, wow I wish I had found you earlier. Great Site.

davespurl
05-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi Kelly! Welcome to this forum. I am a new knitter too, about 7 months or so. I work from home and am a mom also, so I do find time to knit but always have other things to do. Now that its summer, I'm sure I'll be doing other things but will always find time to knit somehow. I check this forum a lot and hope to hear more from you!

GirlChris
05-30-2008, 09:49 PM
millie, I would say you can start with any size needle you like the feel of. Or get a pattern for a simple project likea dishcloth or scarf and follow the instructions on it. Happy knitting.

LBECK
05-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Allyson I live in Florida. I'm a stay at home mom of two beautiful girls. I would really like to learn to knit. I have been reading Debbie MAcombers books and she got me interested. I have just bought my first balls of yarn and needles so I'm really a newbie. LOL. Thanks in advance for any and all help. I found out about your site from a lady from my freecycle group, wow I wish I had found you earlier. Great Site.

Welcome to the site all newbies. The videos on this side under the view videos tab are awesome I am pretty new and I have learned so much already from them.

GirlChris
05-30-2008, 11:18 PM
HI. Hey Cooki you're pretty close to me, I'm in Gig Harbor, Wa.

Shandeh
05-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Welcome everyone! :hug:
If you have questions about how to knit, post a message in the "How To" section of the forum. If you're looking for a knitting pattern, post a message in the "Pattern" section.

Have fun in the forum! :)

kateycp2k
05-31-2008, 12:24 AM
Hello to all in the community. I happened to find this forum by simply Googling the words "knitting help." What a supportive community (and a great website- the tutorial on the knit stitch helped me master it)!

As the title says, I am a beginner Garden State knitter. :) I decided to try knitting this summer to relieve stress and give myself something to do now that my graduate school work is over for now. I started it in earnest about three weeks ago and I am enjoying it immensely, and finding it easier than I thought. (Take THAT Mom for telling me it was too hard!)

I live in East Windsor, New Jersey (Twin Rivers development if you know EW), which is near Hightstown and Freehold. And if you don't know that part of the state, I'm going to take my dad's advice and just tell you I live near Princeton. :) I'm a grad student in library and information science at Pratt Institute in New York City, and work at a law firm in marketing to pay the bills (and for the yarn). I also volunteer at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) on the weekends...come visit if you are in Midtown!

I have a blog (http://web.mac.com/kateycp2k) which is the best way to get a handle on the rest of me. :)

A good weekend to all. :)

Gepard
05-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Well I started lace for the first time and found this forum. Looking forward to wandering around some more. I've been knitting/crocheting for a year or two now, I started more with crochet, doing afghans, and larger pieces then going to doileys which is actually what got me into knitting some more and now my first foray into lace.

I just started a blog and would love people to take a look at the projects I have going on. http://gepardcrafts.blogspot.com/

Duessa
06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi All! I'm extremely new to knitting. I recieved a "Teach Yourself to Knit" book for last christmas and, well, lets say that could have been easier. I could not purl to save myself. Then I googled this site when I was supposed to be cleaning. lol This has been a huge help already. I don't really have a project yet. I just started learning the knit/purl and the different basic ways of making a pattern with them and I'm making a strip with it. lol I might just turn it into a scarf (but I have a million of those) or just keep doing strips to make my first afghan (but if I say that out loud it will never happen!) Anyway, I'm a college student with one year left until they will let me teach high school English. I don't really have time to knit but the mess in the house will still be there when my boy friend gets home so, oh well. (he doesn't agree.) My goal is to actually make something beautiful and useful asap! I'll be heading over to the pattern forum to get some ideas. See you all soon!

carsophia
06-02-2008, 05:31 PM
bem vindo a voce! e apprendi trico quando morei no brasil, ja passo 18 anos (fiquei em Sao Paolo 10 meses!) eu tinha me ensinar como tricar, e esse site me adjudou muito!

(espero que eu estou escreveu todo certo)

TwoClubs
06-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi all--

TwoClubs here. But you can call me Two. Or Don.

I'm 47 and used the Interweb to learn how to knit. I have only done one project so far, and that was a year and a half ago. It's a plain old scarf full of flaws but I love it. I don't plan on making knitting a big part of my life, but I like learning new things.

I have the summer off (I'm in graduate school, living on severance pay from last year). I just picked up the needles again and am trying to knit a cap (pattern found on this site).

One thing is for sure--I will be posting questions!

Nice looking community here.
Don

oliverstern
06-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi im a newbie here from California. Its nice to be here and I would appreciate if you guys will welcome me in this forum. Im a man of few words but even if my words are few im still your man. :-p ahehe... See you guys around.

Pebbles
06-05-2008, 08:41 AM
:woot: Hi all. I have just joined. I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. Without knowing it; you have all helped me so much with my knitting. Thank you all so much.cloud9

Jan in CA
06-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Welcome everyone! :yay:

CarolynJM
06-05-2008, 01:04 PM
I am excited about using this knitting website. I have been knitting since 1962 and love the help provided by the internet.

kentjulie1
06-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Hi Ive just found this site. Ive been knitting for years and regularly contribute to a UK charity which provides clothes and burial outfits for premature babies in our hospitals.

kellybigeyes
06-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Welcome to all of the new members! :woohoo:

barbaraG67
06-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi Everyone - just found this site and just in time - it looks like a good resource with you experienced knitters!:cheering: First question: Does anyone know how to do a linen rib? I'm working with dp needles for the first time (38 years of knitting) and the wrist warmer pattern calls for the linen rib - no idea - please help. Thanks much. Barbara

SharonW7
06-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Hi,

I've been a member of this group for awhile and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Sharon, and I love knitting, crocheting, and quilting. I have been knitting for more than 40 years. I put it aside for a time, but recently have gotten very interested in it again.
Right now I'm into knitting dishcloths, and I have a question about them. After completing one, do you block your cloths?
Also have a question about a knitted afghan pattern. I would like a sampler pattern with each block a different pattern stitch. Does anyone know of a book with a pattern for a sampler afghan? Or a web site? I know I could design my own pattern, but prefer someone else having done the figuring for me, how many stitches to cast on, etc. Thanks for any help, and happy knitting!

Sharon

losnana
06-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi Everyone - just found this site and just in time - it looks like a good resource with you experienced knitters!:cheering: First question: Does anyone know how to do a linen rib? I'm working with dp needles for the first time (38 years of knitting) and the wrist warmer pattern calls for the linen rib - no idea - please help. Thanks much. Barbara
I checked the Harmony guide for linen rib, but no luck. There is a stich called linen stitch:

1st row: *K1, yf, sl 1, yb*; rep from * to end
2nd row: *P1, yb, al 1, yf*; rep from * to end

This is done in multiples of 2 stitches.

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

manyhobbies
06-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I am unable to find where I "introduce" myself to this community.
I wonder if I am there and don't know it?
Help from anyone would be appreciated.

desidiva
06-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi! I've been lurking for a while, but I thought that it was about time that I finally emerged from the darkness. I've been knitting since February. So far I've made one scarf (for my mom, awwww) and I'm working on a scarf for a charity project. I love, love, love knitting and I'm looking forward to meeting great knitters on this forum.

kellybigeyes
06-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Welcome!! :cheering:

Hi! I've been lurking for a while, but I thought that it was about time that I finally emerged from the darkness. I've been knitting since February. So far I've made one scarf (for my mom, awwww) and I'm working on a scarf for a charity project. I love, love, love knitting and I'm looking forward to meeting great knitters on this forum.

Shandeh
06-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Nice to see all you! Welcome! :muah:

Right now I'm into knitting dishcloths, and I have a question about them. After completing one, do you block your cloths?
Also have a question about a knitted afghan pattern. I would like a sampler pattern with each block a different pattern stitch. Does anyone know of a book with a pattern for a sampler afghan? Or a web site? I know I could design my own pattern, but prefer someone else having done the figuring for me, how many stitches to cast on, etc. Thanks for any help, and happy knitting!
Hi Sharon! Nice to meet you. :hug:
I've never blocked any of my dishcloths, because I know they will be used for washing dishes or as facecloths. But, you might want to block them if you're taking a photo of them for memory's sake. :thumbsup:

About the afghan pattern, if you do a search on Google, I bet you'll find lots of them! Here's one I just found: http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/sampler.htm

There is also a book with 100 designs for making sampler afghans. You'll have to find it and buy it, or look for it in your local library: http://www.amazon.com/100-Afghan-Squares-Knit-Instructions/dp/1570762228
I am unable to find where I "introduce" myself to this community.
I wonder if I am there and don't know it?
You're there! :) Welcome to the forum! :waving:

joannabanana
06-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Still a novice knitter, but have made a few projects: about 50 scarves, 3 purses, several dishcloths. Now I've knitted a tote bag and I'm having trouble geting it to felt properly. Where would I go to in the forum to get some ideas for that?

ckersten
06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I was at home three days ago and thought I should start knitting. I found your site and thought maybe I could do it. When my husband came home I told him and yesterday we went to Michaels. He looks at me like not other try at another hobby. But with your site I might not get fluster. I'm not really good learning things like this from a book. So thanks for having a site like this for all of us.

Shandeh
06-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Now I've knitted a tote bag and I'm having trouble geting it to felt properly. Where would I go to in the forum to get some ideas for that?
You might want to do a "Search" (look for the little magnifying glass at the top of this webpage), and look for "felting" to see what comes up. Lots of other people have asked questions about felting, so you'll probably learn a lot by reading the answers to their questions. :wink:

If you're still having trouble, just post a question of your own in the "How To" section of the forum.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Now, when you first posted your question, I thought that maybe you might have knit it with "superwash" wool instead of regular wool. If you did, it will NOT felt. It's called superwash, because it is made to be washed without any shrinkage or felting.

If you want to make a felted item, you should use feltable wool yarn.

crazyknitterforever
06-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey all, Im soo glad to have found this site. I am an avid crocheter and have just started to knit and cant wait to rack peoples brains for info. great site guys

dotcuchmami
06-11-2008, 10:41 PM
:muah: hello! i am new to forums so please excuse any wrong- doings! My name is Eve and i am (obviously) new to this site/ forum. i taught myself to knit about 6 years ago. i only knew how to knit and so i made a lot of long, thin things- i even invented my own method of binding off! A month ago i joined a knitting group and was lucky enough to find many kindred and helpful spirits who were eager to teach me to purl... my life has never been the same! i am now obsessed! i am also really in awe of how friendly, supportive and helpful other knitters are- what a wonderful bunch of people! i look forward to meeting many online kindred spirits!
also: does anyone spin? i was wondering if anyone had any wheel reviews for me (i am buying one soon)????

Shandeh
06-11-2008, 10:44 PM
does anyone spin? i was wondering if anyone had any wheel reviews for me (i am buying one soon)????
You'll meet lots of other spinners in our "Creating Yarn" section:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

southernbell0886
06-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi Im Jess, I am very new to knitting. I have been using the video's from this site to teach myself. I am doing very well and I have completed a few projects but completely through trial and error.

Jeremy
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Welcome Jess.:hug:

wazle3
06-14-2008, 12:28 AM
This is the first time I have tried to knit. I know how to sew and crochet but I was always afraid that knitting was to hard. Well, I bought me a kit that came with a book and needles and who knows what else these other things are for. I tried the book and I was doing pretty good but my work came out looking like crochet. So I got on the computer and looked up this site that a friend told me about. I saw by your video what I was doing wrong, now it looks like I might be able to do a simple pattern. I am starting out small, but you have gave me the knowledge to go forward and aim for something big. Thank you so much for your web site it is great and easy to follow. I also taught myself to crochet about 45 years ago. Walzle ...texas

Debkcs
06-14-2008, 03:18 AM
Hello Wazle, glad you found us. A lot of the folks here at KH use the videos to learn new things or to work on their technique. It's a great place to come and get help, or just to join in a conversation.

KAcopan
06-14-2008, 04:53 AM
hi, my name is kelli, i'm a 25-yr old happily married work-from-home-mommy to 2 wonderful boys, ages 1 and 4. i've always thought about learning to knit but never got around to it until now...

its really kinda funny how i made the "leap" to try knitting...
i teach scrapbooking classes at our local chain-craft store and while doing demonstrations one day kept staring at the sewing books on the stand in front of me... so i started flipping through a few of them and left with 2... at the bookstore tonight while browsing through more sewing books, came across 2 really cute kids knitting books and decided that i finally wanted to try!!!

DH thinks i'm crazy... i've gone through sewing to cross-stitching to rubberstamping to scrapbooking and now back to sewing and picking up knitting... and the only thing i don't do anymore is cross-stitch!!! lol

wish me luck!!! i'm off to get my needles and yarn... i know the dolls and stuff will require a little more skill so i figured i'd start with trying to make a scarf for my grandma... we live in hawaii so its never really necessary to wear one but she loves them!!!

nita
06-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Hi
My name is Nita.
Pl
ease help me understand this {p5,k1, p1]2 times k4}4times.\,k6

Shandeh
06-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi
My name is Nita.
Please help me understand this {p5,k1, p1]2 times k4}4times.\,k6

I'll post your question in the "How To" section, so you can get some help on this.

I think you might want to post the question again, because the pattern doesn't look correct.

davespurl
06-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Crazyknitterforever! I am fairly new to knitting myself! Nice to mee you! Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do!

Aimster
06-16-2008, 06:51 AM
HI! I'm Amy, I am new to knitting. I love checking out all the new patters and seeing all the pretty things I'd like to make.

goodread5050
06-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Hello and thank you for the very warm welcome! My name is Janet, I just started knitting a couple months ago so only have one scarf and one sweater under my belt. I am working on a "Mother Earth" knitted bag now and would love to keep going but it says to use net stitch? At first I thought this may be slang for stockinette but I read further and one of the other bags uses both stockinette and net! So....now I am at a loss. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

stitch620
06-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Hi all! My name is Robin and I am sort of a beginner, having done scarves, afghans and now a hat. I am trying to get up the courage to try socks. They look like fun. This forum looks like a great place to start! Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Shandeh
06-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forum! :hug:

kristaj
06-18-2008, 01:06 AM
I just started knitting this winter and am completely addicted. I can't seem to put my needles down to the point that I make my hands hurt. A friend at work suggested continental knitting, but I was at a loss. Then I found this wonderful site. The videos have been a Godsend. No more aching hands (or at least not much)! Thanks so much I couldn't have done it without you.

kellybigeyes
06-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Welcome to all!!

cltubb
06-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I've been knitting for a while now, and I've known about this site for a while, but I just joined the other day. The site is really helpful, and it's cool that there's a place for me to talk to other knitters, because I don't know many around where I live. Right now I'm working on a hat, scarf, and maybe mittens for a little girl I babysit that's moving to Chicago. I finished the scarf, but I can't find my fourth dpn to start the hat! :-x It's a shame.

I'm Chelsea by the way.

Erebos12345
06-19-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi. Dropping by to say hi. 21/M/Toronto. I first learned to knit back in grade 5 when some senior citizens came to our school to start a knitting club. We made a cat doll. I gave it to my sister. I think we still have it lying around somewhere. Nice to meet you all.

Dimpledapple
06-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Hi all! I started teaching myself how to knit a couple of months ago using the videos on this site, and I have to admit... I'm addicted! Yay for knitting enablers :)

tripletmomma
06-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi all, I'm a newbie here. My name is Jessica (29) I'm a SAHM &, as my SN suggests, I am mommy to 2.5yr old triplet girlies. I learned to crochet from my mom when I was about 10-12 -though I've only ever made baby blankets because patterns confuse me :teehee: A few weeks ago I decided to learn to knit & I think I've got it down some- though I'm afraid to bind off... I'm working at it though ;)

kellybigeyes
06-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Welcome tripletmomma!! I have been knitting for about 8 months now. Binding off will get easier. :wink:

farmgirl
06-21-2008, 03:59 PM
I am so thankful for this site! It has really helped me with some questions. I taught myself to knit about 3 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I live on a farm (thus farmgirl). I have 3 children and 1 grandchild. I love reading about everyone's fiber addiction because no one at home really understands mine:)

Italia
06-21-2008, 07:10 PM
:knitting: I am so thrilled to be part of this group. I just became a grandmother this year for the first time. So, I am trying to catch up. I can only just knit and purl, and I am already addicted to Zen knitting. I am enjoying that, but when I see what can be done, I get so excited. Sort of like my grandchild when she gets excited when I stand her up on my lap, like she wants do more. Anyways, even when I was little, I always wished we had a 4-H club around so I could learn to knit or do some kind of craft. Here I am, doing it over a computer, but it is sort of like the Jetsons or something. Anyway, I go to a little shop and knit with other ladies, and I am in heaven. Fun, fun, fun. I really like this knitting, it uses up this energy inside of me just perfectly, and makes me feel like myself, how I am supposed to feel. So thanks alot. Hope to meet you all.

kellybigeyes
06-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Welcome farmgirl and Italia. We are so glad to have you as a part of our group.:woot:

MrsMcDonald
06-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Wow, this place is amazing. I could have never knitted my first pair of socks without knittinghelp.com. I have been knitting basic knit and purl since I was 14, simple blankets. When my husband bought me the Erika Knight books for Christmas my knitting skills increased tremendously. My next major goal is to knit a sweater. I'm happy to be here.

Monica

simonelost
06-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I am a long time knitter and a grandmother. I live in the province of Quebec and I am a french canadian.

I do, often, need advise on knitting problems that occur.

I am looking forward to read your posts.

Simonelost:knitting:

redhed60
06-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Hello, all! It's nice to be on the KnittingHelp forum. I'm a long time handknitter, who is mostly self taught (I believe you can learn almost anything from a book, except maybe brain surgery). I found this forum while I was searching the internet for information Continental knitting. I was so impressed with the quality of the videos and the wide variety of techniques on this site that I have recommended it to every new knitter I know (and even some old ones!).

I'm a 48 yo mother of two, a medical technologist, and I also quilt. I am the queen of UFO's, but I'm trying to discipline myself to actually finish some projects before I start any more. I live in the St. Louis area and belong to the Greater St. Louis Knitters' Guild. I love to knit cables, the more complicated the better, but lace eludes me. Something about all those holes freaks me out, even though they're SUPPOSED to be there. I love fair isle, but intarsia not so much.

Lynn
redhed60

Shandeh
06-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Welcome, new KHers! :hug:

luline
06-22-2008, 10:34 PM
i am a newbie to this site. I am abegginer knitter.

Debbie1950
06-22-2008, 11:59 PM
:hug: :hug: My name is Debbie and I'm a recently retired teacher who enjoys knitting, reading, quilting, square dancing, gardening, photography,computers and cooking.

All I want is peace on earth and some new luscious yarn.

davespurl
06-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi Debbie and other new knitters! Hope to hear from you all as your progess on this site. I love it!

AnnaStocks
06-23-2008, 04:10 AM
Hey,

Just to introduce myself - my gran taught me knitting when I was younger, and now, after about 15 years I've decided to take it up again. So far just playing around, but hoping to make things for my new niece.

So, hello all!

Anna

winkwink
06-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi all,

I chrochet mostly, but have done a little bit of basic knitting and am looking forward to using this site for help and to brag about projects.

I moved two months ago to BC and haven't found any crafting friends (well, one quilter) yet. I miss my girls' nights with crochet hooks, knitting needles, and a good movie.

A

moejo
06-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi all - thanks for welcoming me to the group :) I have been knitting for 40 years.

As a rule I "follow the directions" for whatever it is I'm working on at the moment but I have a sweater pattern that has set in sleeves and I truly HATE sewing in sleeves (I've done it more times than I care to think about - but still hate it). Can anyone provide assistance in converting a set in sleeve to a raglan sleeve?

Thank you so very much,
Malinda in Rome, NY

Shandeh
06-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Can anyone provide assistance in converting a set in sleeve to a raglan sleeve?
Hi Malinda. If you post your question in the "How To" section of the forum, I bet you'll get some answers! :thumbsup:

Tiggs55
06-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome!! I've visited this site's videos many times and have found them so helpful. I was invited to join this chat over at Ravelry. I'll come back tomorrow and properly introduce myself. I have recently had eye surgery and can't stay on the computer too long.
Thanks for a great site and place to hang.
Hugs, Tiggs55

LongmontKathy
06-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi, my name is Kathy and I live in Colorado. I'm pleased to have found your site doing a google search for magic loop knitting patterns. I recently took up knitting after many years, and am now an avid intermediate knitter. The site looks great.

Cheers, Longmont Kathy

tkabrk
06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone!!
I am new to this website- so hope this is the place to
ask a question.
How do you pick up and knit stitches- for instance i am making
a doll and I have a hat on her but want to add a wide brim.
I look forward to hearing from you and learning and sharing.
Tkabrk

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 12:17 AM
[quote=tkabrk;1122845]Hi everyone!!
I am new to this website- so hope this is the place to
ask a question.
How do you pick up and knit stitches- for instance i am making
a doll and I have a hat on her but want to add a wide brim.
I look forward to hearing from you and learning and sharing.
Tkabrk

There is a video on this page http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-tips

jiminyjane
06-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi,

I'm Heidi and am new to knitting, so thought this would be the perfect place to get some help. Look forward to getting to know you all.

teachingmom
06-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Hello there! I can't wait to get started learning on this site. It looks aw some! I am not very good at the computer, so I might make several mistakes at first. I can barely knit and will later be posting a pattern that I made at one time, but lost (got a picture of the scarf). I am from the Gettysburg, PA area and am looking for a group so that I will be motivated to finish some of my dozen, or so, projects. Thanks for such a great site.

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the site. You might want to look in the Knitters Knear You Forum to see who might be near you.

HoundSong
06-26-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm a 51 year old knitting newbie! My daughter & I are 4 weeks into a knitting class we are taking at our local yarn shop. What a blast!
Our last class is tonight, and I'm hoping to find out how to do an icord attached bindoff.

I love the videos. I learn lots better by watching ;-)

Thanks!
~ Susan
HoundSong

Pugs
06-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm Pugs. I'm a self-taught knitter. I've been knitting off and on for about 9-10 years. Mostly off though. LOL :aww:

I just picked up my knitting needles again for the first time in a few years and am very happy to have that yarn sliding through my fingers again. :knitting:

I think this places looks like a great place to discuss anything knitting. So you probably will see me around from now on. As a matter of fact...I already have a question that I hope some can answer. I'll post it in another area though. :teehee:

So I'm glad to have found this place and hope to get to know other knitters here. I've been out of the loop for too long!

~Pugs

Shandeh
06-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Welcome everyone! :hug:

chillywilly
06-26-2008, 06:03 PM
i agree. great site. ive been knitting for a few years and learning everything through books. now i teach my friends and the videos are wonderfully helpful for me to learn more too. thanks

2stix
06-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi! I am so glad to have found this site...but i must admit i've never joined a forum like this, and i am not sure how to use this site! i've been a off/on knitter for many years, but was never pleased with the clothes i did. i'm now really in to knitting purses. infact, i joined because someone had the same question i did about how to do crochet wrap to join knitting to handles...anyway, i'll probably need more help than i can give...

JuneP
06-27-2008, 02:29 PM
What a great website. I found it when I was looking for help with 'wrap and turn' instructions. But I can think of so many times I will continue to connect. For example, my daughter just gave me enormous quantities of wool and I will need help figuring out how best to use it.
For now, any suggestions re: 'wrap and turn' in a sock instruction would be greatly appreciated.
June

Zazzy
06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone! I am just learning how to knit (practicing casting on and the knitting stitch). This website is just what I needed since there are no knitting shops in my area. I have watched and rewatched several of the instructional video and found them very helpful. I hope to be able to actually make a project soon!

Shandeh
06-28-2008, 01:23 PM
For now, any suggestions re: 'wrap and turn' in a sock instruction would be greatly appreciated.
June
Hi June!

I've only done the "wrap & turn" method once, when I was doing the sleeve on a baby christening gown.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/90/233458907_b8c3295bc9_m.jpg

I was SO MAD, because my internet was not working that day. I finally found help in one of my knitting books, but it took FOREVER.

Here is a link that helps explain "wrap & turn".
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/tips/wrap.htm

And Amy has a video on this page. (Scroll down the page and look for "Short Row with Wrap")
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques

Naughty
06-29-2008, 08:55 AM
hi everone,
i love knitting, so i started learning it. now i have finished the basic of knitting. now i want to gift a baby blanket for my cousin. so friends can u please search for easy and a beautyful baby blanket for new born. and one more thing i want to know, what is the normal measurement for a baby blanket. thanks in advance...:knitting:

psychnp
06-29-2008, 02:17 PM
:aww: Hi, I am learning to knit more that just scarves! I recently took a class at a local shop called knitting 102, but there is still so much I don't understand. I appreciate the willingness of more experienced knitters to help those of us just beginning!

wannabecrafter
06-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm 29 and I've been knitting on and off for a few years now, I'm just starting to get past making scarves and little squares, and am now attempting to move on to new things.

I am trying so hard to figure out Intarsia knitting, but I'm having some trouble.

I've been a lurker now for a while now, and finally decided to join in on the fun. :aww:

Kristine

Jeremy
06-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the forum everyone. There is a good video on intarsia knitting in the video section.

SuperRed
06-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi! I'm a new knitter, took a short class over a year ago and have been stuck knitting scarves, would like to knit socks but have no idea how to ; knit in the round; so to speak. This is a great site! Thank you ! :cheering:

Kara
06-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Hi,

I've been loving this website for a long time now but I just registered for the forums the other day. I'm a single mom of 4 girls and started knitting the day I quit smoking. I haven't made a whole bunch of stuff, but I do love knitting and buying yarn LOL.

Right now I am working on a diaper soaker.

Thank you so much to the people who run this website. :muah:

Shandeh
06-30-2008, 01:34 AM
so friends can u please search for easy and a beautyful baby blanket for new born. and one more thing i want to know, what is the normal measurement for a baby blanket.
Baby blankets are usually about 30 to 36 inches wide, and vary in length. You'll find lots of patterns for baby blankets here:
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_blankets.php
......would like to knit socks but have no idea how to ; knit in the round; so to speak.
Silver has made a wonderful tutorial on how to knit socks with dpns or with circular needles. There are excellent descriptive photos as well. :) (Click links below)
Sock Class - Double-Pointed Needles (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Start.htm)
Sock Class - Two Circular Needles (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/2circsocks_start.htm)

samcd
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm so happy to be a member of knittinghelp.com. Just registered yesterday and am looking forward to meeting lots of fellow knitters. Just started knitting 3 or 4 months ago and am enjoying it immensely, but still need lots of help.
samcd (Anne)

Jeremy
06-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Welcome everyone!

truesouthernbelle
06-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

I am brand new to this site and I really love all of the sharing. I've been knitting since I was about 8 years old and I'm 22 now so it's something that I love. I've never really found another group of people who enjoy knitting, but I'm glad that I have. I look forward to sharing as much as possible with everyone. Once again thank you for having me!

Love,

Lala

Deb1796
07-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Hi!
This is my FIRST ever forum, yeah I know, I'm a little slow. But I couldn't resist, it looks so great....... so no more lurking behind the scenes for me, and hopefully no more tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to fix my mistakes! (Which is actually how I found this site) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Just started felting projects & I think I'm addicted!
Deb

NikiB13
07-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi, I'm Niki and a forty something year old living in Cheshire, UK. I've been a proper knitter since I was about 18 years old, before that it was just mainly Doctor Who scarves. I consider myself to be a competant knitter. I have subscribed to "Knitting" magazine for nearly 3 years now and find it a huge source of information. I used to collect patterns for fun and probably have well over 300 hundred stashed away somewhere.

I also know how to crochet (a dear friend of my Mothers taught me as a child) but have never been taught what the stitches were called or how to follow a pattern so I'm trying to teach myself at the moment. Which is also confusing as I am left handed and having great difficult in transferring the information into left-handedness. Items made when I was a child were things like throws, doilies (sp), tissue box covers, toilet roll covers, place mats and the like.

Sorry for waffling on. Anyway, I'd like to thank DQ for her constant nagging me into registering which I have now finally done. I've known her for about three years from another forum and we meet up whenever we can. :D

Please be gentle with me :)

squeaker
07-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi, I'm Liz. I've been knitting for oh, maybe a year off and on. Self taught, I've made several socks:teehee: . I have crocheted since I was 9, but I like the smoother look of knitting. I'll need LOTS of help.

Jeremy
07-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Welcome everyone!

Shandeh
07-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Welcome to the forum! :hug:

kellybigeyes
07-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Welcome Everyone!!:woohoo:

DQ
07-02-2008, 04:49 AM
Hi, I'm Niki and a forty something year old living in Cheshire, UK. I've been a proper knitter since I was about 18 years old, before that it was just mainly Doctor Who scarves. I consider myself to be a competant knitter. I have subscribed to "Knitting" magazine for nearly 3 years now and find it a huge source of information. I used to collect patterns for fun and probably have well over 300 hundred stashed away somewhere.

I also know how to crochet (a dear friend of my Mothers taught me as a child) but have never been taught what the stitches were called or how to follow a pattern so I'm trying to teach myself at the moment. Which is also confusing as I am left handed and having great difficult in transferring the information into left-handedness. Items made when I was a child were things like throws, doilies (sp), tissue box covers, toilet roll covers, place mats and the like.

Sorry for waffling on. Anyway, I'd like to thank DQ for her constant nagging me into registering which I have now finally done. I've known her for about three years from another forum and we meet up whenever we can. :D

Please be gentle with me :)

Yay!! You've finally joined!!! :woot::woot::woot:

llmom
07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi,

I am new here. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom of 7. I recently taught myself to knit and 2 of my girls are learning with me. So far all I have accomplished is a dish cloth. I also enjoy reading, writing, computer stuff, gardening, and natural living.

braymer
07-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey, I'm brand new to the forum, but not new to knitting. Last year I wanted to learn to knit, but I didn't know of anyone in my family who knitted. I googled knitting and found a link to this site. The awesome videos helped me learn to knit and I have come back every time I needed help.

braymer

Stachia
07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Hello. I just learned to knit a couple months ago. Knittinghelp has helped several times already. I'm glad to be here, and hope to have a lot of fun.

maryLuret20
07-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Hello everyone. This looks like a great site and I am looking forward to meeting some of you.
My name is Mary.
I will say I am a little past beginner although it has been a few years since I knitted anything so here goes.
I do have an immediate question if anyone can help me I would dearly appreciate it.
I have decided to attempt a vest. The pattern is from free patterns.com. It is called "Blue Jeans Beach Vest". With the help of this great site--knittinghelp-- I have figured out some of the stitches.

My question is the pattern calls for a circular needle and another and I cannot figure out what the circular is used for?. I am starting it with the size 6 plain neeldes and hope this is right?

Thank you and hello to all.
Mary

Shandeh
07-04-2008, 03:19 PM
My question is the pattern calls for a circular needle and another and I cannot figure out what the circular is used for?. I am starting it with the size 6 plain neeldes and hope this is right?
If you read through the entire pattern, you'll probably see where the circular needle is used. Good luck!
:muah:

Shandeh
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
maryLuret20, I just read through the pattern myself.

You'll use the circular needle ("smaller needle") when you do the finishing. (Look under "Finishing", and you'll see it there.)

amzwiz87
07-04-2008, 05:06 PM
I just need to say this is the best web site ever! I learned to knit in high school and recently took it up again to destress! I don't know much and am a visible learner....the videos helped me so much! I am so happy I found this site. It is going to help me learn so much! Thank you! :woohoo:

Fernie
07-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Truly thankful I found this site.I have been looking for a site like this for years and am so appreciative. I am a self taught knitter, and at the present have a broken wrist, but am anxious to give it a try again. I am knitting a cardigan sweater for my husband using a pattern from the Knit'Style Feb. 07 edition. "4Wave Zip Cardigan" I had found some errors in the body directions and corrected them, but now I started the sleeves and can not seem to get passed the ribbing. Is there anyone out there willing on to give me a hand. Thanks again. Fernie

lilliesanlace
07-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi There Everyone.

I have just joined this site and as of yet haven't had chance to have a good look around - but I will.

I thought I would come and introduce myself. My name is Clare and I'm 40 years old (shush don't tell anyone else will you? lol)

I live in a very pretty part of North Yorkshire, in the UK. We are out in the sticks really surrounded by fields and wildlife so lots of inspiration for projects.

I am married to a great guy called Ken who has just qualified as a Hypnotist. I now avoid looking at him at all costs just in case.:oo: I have three children two sons, aged 21 and 19 and a daughter aged 12. We also have two dogs - one B&W English Springer called Bailey who is my best friend (most days), he is a classis velcro Springer, and my daughters dog which is a cross border collie called Cara who follows me everywhere too now. We also have a dwarf chinese hamster who I call 'Paper Ears' but is really called Calvin.

I have been knitting since I was 18 years old, I also do the occassional sewing too. I cannot crochet to save my life but would love to learn.

The main things I create with knitting is doll/baby clothing for the art of reborn babies. Reborns are vinyl doll kits that are hand painted and rooted with hair in an attempt to get them looking as near to life as possible. I have knit layettes and OOAK (One of a kind) outfits for some of the biggest reborn artists in Europe. You can see my work by visiting my website if you have the time.

Looking forward to chatting and learning with you all.

Hugs

Clare

Cathgoch
07-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi,

I discovered this site whilst (re)learning to knit! I'm in the middle of a jumper for a friend's baby, and am totally enjoying myself!

Off to have a browse, look forward to talking with you all.

Ellie

geegerbee
07-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi all,

I am glad to have found this board. I have renewed my interest in knitting and am working on socks, but the heel is turning out to be my
"achilles heel." LOL.
But I have a more pressing question right now. I made a Montego Bay Scarf that I found in last summers Interweave magazine. It says to put 5 strands of yarn through the yarn over "holes" but I don't see any directions for how to get a tight braid. I can't find a way to hold the scarf down while I try to braid it, and I don't know if I should braid each strand separately (10 when doubled up and put in the hole) or use 2 and 2 and 2 etc. If anyone has made this scarf maybe you could help me. Thanks.
Geegerbee

LauraSakura
07-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Hello :) My name is Laura and I'm a 21 year old college student. I'm so glad I found this site. The videos are amazingly helpful to a beginner like me. I've been loom knitting for about 2 months (pocket knitter) because I couldn't get started with real knitting. After going to a knitting class last week, I am now practicing knitting more and more. Yet, I wonder how I will ever get a large project done, I have to work so slowly right now! But I suppose that will get better with time, we all have to start somewhere :) Nice to meet you all.

Jeremy
07-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Truly thankful I found this site.I have been looking for a site like this for years and am so appreciative. I am a self taught knitter, and at the present have a broken wrist, but am anxious to give it a try again. I am knitting a cardigan sweater for my husband using a pattern from the Knit'Style Feb. 07 edition. "4Wave Zip Cardigan" I had found some errors in the body directions and corrected them, but now I started the sleeves and can not seem to get passed the ribbing. Is there anyone out there willing on to give me a hand. Thanks again. Fernie

Hi Fernie. I posted your post again in the Pattern help section under the title Sweater Help. Look for some help there very soon.Welcome to the Forum.:hug:

Jeremy
07-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Welcome to all of our new members:hug:

thepurplegg
07-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi! My name is Beverly, and I live in Alabama. I'm 19 and in college. I've only been knitting a few months, and this place looked very helpful! Haven't had much chance to post yet but I plan to...

knitterb
07-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi All,
I've been knitting for two years on and mostly off. I am ready to take the next big leap. I am ready to actually make something other than a questionable scarf.
Glad I found you and hope it helps.
knitterb

sarahbean
07-09-2008, 10:50 AM
hey! i just wanted to say hi to everyone- although i'm kinda young i am pretty good at knitting and i thought this might be a good site!
if you need help, don't hesitiate to ask!

myohmy
07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi All,

My grandmother taught me to knit when I was young, and I've knit off and on since then. Now that I have more time (being a stay at home mom with 2 kids - did I say I have more time? Hahaha!) I'm starting to get back into doing more knitting.

Looking forward to getting lots of ideas and inspiration from this site! And I love the demo videos!

KC

Shandeh
07-10-2008, 02:39 AM
Welcome everyone! :muah:

Debkcs
07-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Wow, lot's of new folks, welcome to all of you!

We're a friendly group of knitters and crocheters so if you have any problems, let us know.

Most importantly, we love to see your F.O.s! (Finished objects)

rachael72knitter
07-10-2008, 09:56 AM
I am new here also. I have used the videos many times and have often done searches for knitting help in the forum, so I thought "why not join!"

I started knitting in December and have been very ambitious with it. My first project was a sweater. I knew the sts, it was just learning to read a pattern that was the hard part. I have since then completed several projects including lots of baby and toddler clothes.

My goal is to get around to knitting stuff for myself, but there is always a holiday, baby shower, or birthday- so it gets tough to move onto myself.

Thanks for making such a wonderful site for knitters and letting me be a part of your forum!:heart:

kellybigeyes
07-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Welcome Everyone!! We are so glad to have you.:happydance:

Camila
07-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi. I'm new. :X: I love to knit.

Shandeh
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the forum, new KHers! :hug:

tex
07-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks to all of you experienced knitters for taking the time to answer all of the basic questions, and being so nice about it!!!! :knitting:

Jeremy
07-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Welcome to the forum everyone!:hug:

rayna1949
07-11-2008, 05:42 PM
hi everyone my name is rayna. i live in texas and it is hot here, so while enjoying the cool ac i've decided to try and teach myself to knit. i'm not doing so well, but given time i think i will master this new adventure. just wanted to say hi to everyone and happy knitting.:knitting:

sgtpam
07-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Hi Rayna! There's a few of us Texans here...go to the "Knitter's Near You" and you'll find a few threads...North TX, Houston and South. This is a great site to learn. I'm still a beginner too and have gotten LOTS of help here. The how to videos are THE BEST!! Be sure to check them out. Even the simplest things. Like, I couldn't get the hang of holding the yarn when I picked it up again (I learned it different then the book I had). Turns out, my Grandma taught me continental style...much easier to me. Anyway...have fun and don't be shy about asking questions...everyone on this site LOVES to help!

Sgt Pam

sima
07-13-2008, 08:47 AM
hi! :hug: i'm here for the first time and i'm happy to find this awesome web site :cheering:

carolynsheep
07-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi
I am a fairly new knitter. Did a bit in my youth but now grandchildren have sent me back to the knitting needles. I am an EA in a rural High school. Do machine embroidery and digitizing, Garment and household sewing,Woodworking. I need some help with a lacy pattern and am going off to post in "How to.. ."
Thanx
Carolyn

Tinateee
07-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi everyone! I've been off and on this site for awhile now and finally registered. I love this site.

I am a frequent hand knitter and normally end up doing various projects at once.

Shandeh
07-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Welcome to the forum! :waving:

Debkcs
07-14-2008, 04:06 AM
Hello to all of you new folks.Welcome to Knitting Help!

RuthieinMaryland
07-14-2008, 02:12 PM
HI! First I want to say thanks for this AWESOME site! :muah: It is SO extremely helpful and so wonderfully well done! I've only been knitting for less than a year and there are lots of gaps in my knitting knowledge, which your videos thankfully fill in. Also, I have a tendency to "leap before I look" and tackle projects that are more advanced than I am. Thanks to your site, though, I'm finding that I can rise to the challenge and actually get the projects done! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in the forum and sharing lots of tips, tricks and fun stories.

Love to all,
Ruthie

RuthieinMaryland
07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi! I checked out your video! Very cool. Wish I'd had it about two weeks ago, but I guess that's why forum's are soo great!

Thanks again!

Ruthie

Jeremy
07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Welcome Ruthie!:hug:

karenborter
07-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Just found this site thanks to a couple of good friends. Just picking up my needles again for the first time in many years but it's like riding a bike AND with the videos on this site i am in knitting heaven!

BusyBee
07-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey everyone
New here and just wanted to drop by and say hello
hope to get to know most of you here and hopefully make some friends!

Jeremy
07-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Welcome everyone!

Debkcs
07-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Hi Ruthie! Welcome to Knitting Help, glad you've decided to join us.

RuthieinMaryland
07-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Jeremy!

Ruthie

RuthieinMaryland
07-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi, Deb!

I'm really looking forward to being part of this group! What a blast! Thanks for the welcome!

CarolAnnKnits
07-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi. I'm very excited to be a member of the forum. I teach knitting at my LYS and your postings and inquiries provide me with valuable information to share with my students.
Carol Ann

Katusha
07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to be a member of this great group and hopefully learn a lot of great things from all of you! :)

Jeremy
07-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Welcome to our new members!:hug::hug:

Shandeh
07-18-2008, 01:27 AM
Hello new KH Forum members! :waving:

kova
07-18-2008, 03:10 AM
So you can call me kova since that's my nickname in the real world and online. I have several interests and most people don't believe I can knit (I rarely knit outside the home). I avoid purling at all costs but since I've been experiments and wanting more than blankets, pot holders, and scarfs but I must overcome my fear. I'm known how to knit for about 6 years but I refused to purl for most of that time and took several year-long breaks.

Hope I can improve and get "one-on-one" help on my knitting. Then stare blankly at you guy's amazing projects.

freebs
07-18-2008, 06:25 AM
First Hello post, but moreover a thankyou post. As an active participant of several online forums on numerous subjects, I'd like to say thanks for such a fabulous service to what seems like a wonderful community. I just like creative things I guess and as such I decided to teach myself to knit, as I don't have anyone to teach me. I'm a guy from Melbourne Australia, and I work as a carpenter, so asking mates for help is also out of the question, especially as their skill base centers around beer and football. Thanks heaps, peace. Gavin.

srfarley57
07-18-2008, 01:38 PM
hello to everyone.i've been knitting for over thirty years so i may be of some help.i'm learning about all the new yarns out there.i've been in a rut on the old four ply worseted yarns. i taught both daughters now their teaching me.so glad to be on board.

Jeremy
07-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome everyone!

margaretnan
07-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Have just found your wonderful site. Started knitting again after a 20 year break. Had forgotten how relaxing it is. This will be my first stop when I run into any problems. lol

Robyn806
07-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Hello, my name is Robyn. I am mommy to 3 beautiful babies: Hayley is 8, Cameron is 7 (OK so they aren't really babies but they still my babies), and Madison is 6 months.

I just recently learned to knit and I find it very relaxing and rewarding. I made Madison a scarf and am working on one for Hayley. I have just been using the knit stitch as I have yet to learn to purl, but they are coming out nicely.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Shandeh
07-20-2008, 02:07 AM
Welcome to the KH Forum! :hug:

stevieland
07-21-2008, 01:51 AM
My "hello" post. I am known for being a big time lurker, but because of how helpful this site has been for me as well as all of your expertise in this forum, I thought I would delurk out of respect for everyone! I picked up knitting a couple of years ago, and the videos on the site have been invaluable. Many a late night I sat with my little needles and cheap acrylic yarn pressing the pause/rewind buttons over and over.

I don't know what I would have done without my knitting to relieve stress and give me something positive to focus on, as the past couple of years have been very depressing because my father, who recently passed away, had been in the last stages of Parkinson's. I am very grateful to Amy and company and all of you for your unknowing support and help.

I hope I didn't overshare, not having much posting experience.

P.S. I'm still pretty novice, but I sure do have a lot of scarves and shawls to wear! Am now tackling felted bags and just learned how to pick up stitches and knit twisted. Yahoo!!!!!

chrisknitz
07-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Hello all.

I am very new to knitting and have found this site to be an awesome resource as I find the photos in books very hard to figure out, the videos here are so much easier to understand.

I've only been knitting for a month and I'm staggered by the amount there is to learn. I completed my first project - a 2 stich ribbed scarf in Red Heart Super Saver acrylic - Plum Pudding. Now I'm trying out a dish cloth that goes beyond the basic garter and stockinette stitch...Still puzzling out the psso, K2tog, M1 codes :-)

I'm really grateful for all the tips and techniques on this forum and web site.

Cheers

Debbie1085
07-21-2008, 08:41 PM
HI My name is Debbie: I was referred to this website from a friend from Ravelry... I am a novice knitter and got started knitting dishcloth but would like to expand my skills by trying this ballband dishcloth but I am really perplexed on how the second color is cast.
I do know how to do casting, purl and knit but not sure how to bring the second color into the project after third row... I am not even sure how those little loops are done... I'd appreciate some help you can give. Thanks!!

MarieAnne
07-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey there...My name is MarieAnne...better known to many as the Mocha Momma..because of my love for the same.

I am a 61 year old lady who is married for 42 years to a wonderful man, the mom of two kids...a girl and a boy. I am a committed christian and a beginner in the knitting stuff. I do lots of scarves and such for friends I have met on the net from all over and am looking to get a bit more experience in the whole knitting thing.

I will be thrilled to get to know all of you.

Shandeh
07-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Welcome, everyone! :muah:
I hope I didn't overshare, not having much posting experience.
You can't overshare here. We all pour our hearts out to each other in this forum. :heart:
Still puzzling out the psso, K2tog, M1 codes :-)
Be sure to post your questions in the "How To" section of the forum, and you'll get lots of help!

I do know how to do casting, purl and knit but not sure how to bring the second color into the project after third row... I am not even sure how those little loops are done... I'd appreciate some help you can give. Thanks!!
Post your question in the "How To" section for lots of good advice!

saltra8
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
This seems like a realio trulio useful site for getting some questions answered. I've been knitting for lotsa years but there's always room/time to learn something new - and if not, why even knit! The new stuff is what makes it interesting.

I usually have about 6 projects in the works at a time - currently a summer sweater, pair of socks, a Vogue pattern book jacket, a mystery shawl, a scarf of textured squares, and probably more - these are just the ones I can see from my knitting perch on the couch. We will not discuss, just now anyway, what's buried in totes and boxes upstairs.

Time to go knit - will, maybe after I see if somebody has already answered my current question - which is, how can I loosen up on my very tight knitting? I am having a dickens of a time doing k3togs, because my stitches are so tight I can't get the needle in. Conversely, is there another double decrease that slants right?

saltra8 (Sally, that is)

LBECK
07-22-2008, 01:54 PM
All I can say, as a newbie to knitting and to this site, to anyone new is VIDEOS, VIDEOS, VIDEOS. The videos on this site are awesome!:cheering: I have learned almost everything I know from this site and it might not seem like a lot but all I could do when I came here was cast on, knit, purl, and bind off. I can read the abbrev. and do a lot of the stitches that I could not understand before and actually finish a pattern. But, I assure you I am still learning. There is tons of info on this site.

muddpies2000
07-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi, Everyone.
Just registered and am taking a moment to say "Hello". I've only been knitting for about a year and I owe it all to KNITTINGHELP.com's videos.

Started out making scarves for everyone that I know, then they got hats, then mittens......just finished my third shrug sweater. Can you guess what everyone will be getting this Christmas?

Thanks again to Knittinghelp.com.
Betty

triciapurl
07-22-2008, 04:09 PM
hi eveyone just joined yesterday i was taught by my nan as a child and want to take it back up again but never could cast on then by chance fell upon this site watched the video and it all became clear!just need to get my pins and get started thats my task this weekend!what type and size do u suggest i get for a beginner???cant wait to get started:woot: tricia

tiedinknots
07-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I found this website shortly after I started learning how to knit in Jan of this year. What a wonderful site and community of people! I look forward to learning more and being frustrated less (hence the name tiedinknots-lol! ) My 3 yr old daughter is begging me to teach her to knit!

annegodis
07-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Hello everyone,
My name is Lori. I decided to try knitting because I became inspired by the knitting work of a 10 year old. She made the most beautiful scarf by herself. I also realized that knitting is so relaxing, just like everyone says. I love this website because it has the best videos, which for me are better than books. I hope to learn much more from visiting this site. I am currently working on my first scarf.

Warm Regards,
Lori

razzamatazza
07-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, I found this forum to get some knitting help (imagine that! haha) and now I'm going to introduce myself.

I fit into the category of a "young knitter", at age 19. I couldn't tell you how old I was when I learned to knit, but it was young. My grandma taught me when I would spend days at her house back in pretty early childhood. I knit the odd scarf over the years, but nothing fancy. I picked up the needles again last year, before winter, prompted by my desire to knit myself a Ravenclaw scarf (I'm a big Harry Potter fan).

So since then I've knitted quite a few scarves and a few hats. I knit several scarves for gifts for Christmas, which was fun. I've also acquired a lot of the Knifty Knitter products and made things on those. I'm currently working on another Ravenclaw scarf now that I've improved in my technique, as well as my largest project, a Ravenclaw vest.

I plan on making myself a nice large bag that I can use for school and whatever else. I also want to try knitting in the round soon, so I'll find some project for that, and want to make more clothing. I'm very much still learning, but not completely clueless about knitting.

kellybigeyes
07-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome Everyone!!:waving: