PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

margie
09-11-2005, 07:17 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:
Hadn't thought of that one!!

Bente B
09-14-2005, 03:46 AM
So, there I am in a nutshell.
You had me :rofl: at that one... every time someone says that, all I can see is Mike Myers (I think it was in Austin Powers :?? ) rolling around on the floor, saying "No, this is me in a nutshell . . . 'HELP! HELP! I'm in a nutshell!'" :roflhard: :roflhard:
OK, I'm over it now...
Welcome! :waving: Glad to have you here!! :roflhard: That's so funny....

punkhippiemom
09-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Phew, I'm so glad it wasn't just me!! :thinking:

aprildavis99
09-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Hi. I have posted in a couple of other places before but wanted to officially introduce myself.

My name is April and I am a married mother of 3. One 13 year old daughter :rollseyes: and 2 sons 4 and 6 :?? . I have been married for 6 years...daughter was from previous marriage and 1st son was almost out of the oven when we got married :oops:

We have a 6 year old mini daschund/shih tzu mix. Love her to death. :heart:

My husband has given up trying to get me to keep my yarn and things in an organized place. He has resigned himself to the fact that he will forever have to check where he is putting his booty before sitting!! :doh:

I started crocheting 10 years ago and only started knitting 6 months ago. I am so excited about this site. Since I crocheted for so long, I was very grateful to this site for teaching me Continental knitting. It was too hard to try to learn to hold the yarn with my right hand when I hold it in my left for crochet. Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Anyway, I have enjoyed the postings and hope to get to know you all.

Ingrid
09-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Welcome April! Looks like from your signature, that you'll fit right in here!! :waving:

punkhippiemom
09-15-2005, 07:45 PM
HI!
Welcome to knitting!! As a former crocheter, too ("Hi, my name's Rebecca and I used to crochet..." LOL) I could not hold the yarn in my right hand... I tried, I really did... :rollseyes:
Except for knitting and purling, I've picked up everything here - no better place to be!!

jodstr2
09-15-2005, 08:09 PM
:cheering: welcome, April!!! :cheering:

Pixywhispers
09-16-2005, 03:21 PM
I am loving this site! And the commroderie on the boards is soo wonderful!

I'm Candace, I've got three kids dd 10, ds 7, dd 3, and a surprise baby due in December. And that shop, will be closed! :) We are excited about the caboose! And being an older mother it is a lot more fun.

I've joked with Dh about naming this new baby Amy. Amy whats you middle name? ::grin::

I'm making lots of bootees, and hats. I would like to find a layette or two I like. I'm making the kids their hats and scarves for this winter. A few things for friends, some shirts for the girls. We live in Texas, sweaters wont see as much daylight here so shirts will do for my big girls.

I've done really simple stuff till recently. But these baby items have pushed me to the next realm. Picking up stitches, psso, etc are so easy! Why did I wait sooo long?

My dh is such a sweetie. A couple of weeks ago I was a little sad and he said "I know what your problem is, you need to replenish that stash of yours." So we took a whole weekend and replenished that stash! :heart: And Now I'm a little embarrassed by how much stash I have! ::giggle::
it yused to be under my bed but now its all over the house, cause I love looking at it!

Hmm, what else? Ive been knitting for three years. I taught myself after I had a dream that I could do it. It took all day with books, etc.

I like to teach children how to knit. And I've taught a few adults. Today at our park day, two children asked when I was going to teach them, so I guess I need to start carrying my teaching needles everywhere.

I'm enjoying this site tremendously!

Candace

dustinac
09-17-2005, 10:02 AM
:waving: Welcome to the forum :cheering:

KellyK
09-17-2005, 10:04 AM
We have a 6 year old mini daschund/shih tzu mix. Love her to death. :heart:
WE NEED PICTURES RIGHT NOWWWWWW!!! :cheering:

Oh...and welcome. :waving:

aprildavis99
09-18-2005, 12:17 AM
I wish I could but I don't have any of that fancy computer stuff. I am barely functional here. :rollseyes: Just the basic pc and monitor for me.

She is so cute. She doesn't really look like either type of dog. She is a unique little lady.

Maybe I can try to get a friend to do it for me. :thinking:

gardenmommy
09-19-2005, 09:40 PM
It's about time I posted my intro too!

I'm Kristen, mom to 8 y/o Kelton, 6 y/o Meredith, 4 y/o Jagger, and TBA due on October 23! I live in SE Iowa, I work at home as a medical transcriptionist and my husband and I also have a landscaping/garden center business.

I got the itch to learn to knit a couple weeks ago or so and with tons of help from KnittingHelp.com and another online friend, I'm on my way! First project is a baby blanket (of course!) and trying my hand at DPNs for a hat too. Can't wait to start socks....I wonder if I can make a nice pair for myself for labor & delivery!

Ingrid
09-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Welcome to both of you! It'll be the best dressed TBA in town! Baby and kids clothes knit up really fast so all you brood will be in stitches! Welcome! :waving:

KellyK
09-19-2005, 10:11 PM
WELCOME WELCOME, Kristen! :waving:

Can't wait to get some gardening advice from ya! We are planning on landscaping next year....want ALL native stuff! Lots of butterflies and such...

mintdee
09-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Gratz on the new one! Welcome to the group. This group is too funny. You will love 'em :)

punkhippiemom
09-20-2005, 09:06 AM
:cheering: Yup, we're nice!! ;) (and modest, too!!)
Congrats on the baby, have you seen this book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0823026132/qid=1127221487/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-4714889-6968653?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)?? It almost makes me wish I was pregnant again (ALMOST!!! :shock:) :roflhard:

Welcome! :waving:

InterNette
09-20-2005, 09:09 AM
welcome, the ladies here are smart. funny and Ingrid can rescue most lost knitters.

aprildavis99
09-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Nice to meet you Kristen. This is definitely the site for us new knitters. Glad you are here! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

DotMom61
09-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi Kristen!!

Welcome! I used to do medical transcription, too. It's a blast -- if you can understand what they're saying! ;) I used to do some psych evals for Social Security benefits ... very interesting, and sometimes quite sad.

Good to see you here, and I hope you get those socks made to keep your tootsies warm! Good luck!

earthchick
09-22-2005, 09:39 PM
'Nother newbie here. :D I love this site!!! :heart:

I taught myself to knit (continental) from a book about 3 years ago. I am not particularly good :rollseyes: and seem to have a number of idiosyncracies to my knitting style (probably due to the fact of having learned from a book - it's hard to really tell how to do things just from pictures!). I mostly do garter stitch, and am the queen of unfinished projects. I started a baby blanket when I was 8 months pregnant with twin boys. I finished it last week. My sons are 15.5 months old. :blush: My original idea was that I would do two. :lol: I also just recently finished the first project I ever started on (3 years ago) - a tote bag. Only it's an overstatement to say that I finished it because I haven't yet seamed it together....

Last Christmas I got really into knitting again (having mostly set it aside for awhile since I don't feel I'm very good or productive) and made four scarves as presents (all garter stitch, of course, but they were novelty yarns so they looked pretty nice). Now that fall is here, I'm in a knitting mood again and am ready to get the basics learned/relearned the right way. Enter this site.

So I'm getting ready to crank out some dishclothes, and maybe a couple of toddler scarves for my sons, to try to really get some of my kinks worked out. I'd also really, really like to do a prayer shawl for my SIL, whose husband (my dh's dear brother) died 5 years ago this December (on SIL's bday). I'd like to have the shawl done in time to give it to her on her bday/anniversary of his death. I'd like it to be really nice and hope I can figure out how to work through some of my problems (like crooked edges and uneven stitches).

Wow. I didn't mean to make this such a long introduction! Well, if you're still reading, a few basic facts about me: been married to dh for 4.5 years, we have twin 15.5 month old twin boys (Rob and Charlie, who make every day both a joy and an adventuure), and I am a minister (dh and I copastor a church in Ann Arbor, Michigan). Looking forward to learning from all your knitters! :XX:

Danielle
09-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Welcome to the forum! :waving: Everyone here is really nice and will help if you ever have a problem! :D

KellyK
09-22-2005, 10:17 PM
WELCOME, EC!! :waving:

DotMom61
09-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Welcome, Earthchick!!

You've come to the right place to banish your knitting idiosyncracies; or, perhaps you'll find that you've just entered a world where we all have our little idiosyncracies, and we're proud of them and are learning to live with 'em!!

Either way, we're glad you're here, and you will find all the help you need to make a beautiful prayer shawl for your SIL. What a sweet idea.

Ingrid
09-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Welcome!!! :waving:

Tailea
09-23-2005, 02:47 AM
Hi everyone! I found this site a few hours ago while looking for a way to work with more than one color, and I absolutely love it. I taught myself how to knit, so seeing different ways to do things is a lot of fun. I've only been knitting for a few weeks, but I feel as though I've been getting better gradually :). My current project is a scarf for my little brother...gold and maroon, like Harry Potter. He was very specific as to what he wanted! :roflhard:

I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!

-Tailea

KellyK
09-23-2005, 07:52 AM
WELCOME WELCOME, Tailea! :waving:

What a neat name!

There is a Harry Potter Scarf knit-a-long (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3337) goin on in the knit-a-long forum (where else would it be??) and I bet you would have a FANTASTIC time joining in on Amber's little "competition"!! ;)

DotMom61
09-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Hi, Tailea! :waving:

Glad to have you aboard, and we can't wait to see the scarf!!

dustinac
09-23-2005, 11:07 AM
:waving: Hi everybody welcome to the forum

punkhippiemom
09-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Earthchick - love the screen name! :thumbsup: Awesome! You've come to the right place to banish your knitting idiosyncracies; or, perhaps you'll find that you've just entered a world where we all have our little idiosyncracies, and we're proud of them and are learning to live with 'em!! Couldn't have said it better! :roflhard:
Tailea - you better get :XX: if you're going to catch up with those two...
I'm going to make one, too....eventually...I promise..... :rollseyes:

Ingrid
09-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Welcome everyone! Stick around--it's a lot of fun, and some knitting actually happens, too! :waving:

Tailea
09-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Tailea - you better get :XX: if you're going to catch up with those two...
I'm going to make one, too....eventually...I promise..... :rollseyes:

I'm already halfway finished, but I didn't start with a pattern and I'm not knitting in the round. I've never done that before. :blush: It's pretty much just a simple garter stitch striped scarf in gryffindor colors, but my brother is 8, so I doubt he will mind that it's not completely authentic. ;)

Thank you everyone for the kind greetings! :heart:

earthchick
09-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :D

punkhippiemom: right back at ya! I like your screen name too.

I feel like my knitting is getting better already, just from being around you people. :happydance:

jodstr2
09-23-2005, 10:01 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

welcome everybody!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KellyK
09-23-2005, 10:24 PM
I feel like my knitting is getting better already, just from being around you people. :happydance:
We're osmotic like that! ;)

Virtuella
09-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Hello, Im 39 years old, love to knit, crochet and read about knitting and crocheting.
I have two kids, a girl and she is 11 years old, a boy and he is 13. My husband has a girl and she is 17. And a dog.
We live in the southern part of Norway.
English... it is easy to read, not so easy to write.. but I try to write both languages in my blog..

Ingrid
09-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Welcome!! Then only Norwegian I know is Dalegarn!

Virtuella
09-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Welcome!! Then only Norwegian I know is Dalegarn!

:waving: Im almost her sister!

:lol:

KellyK
09-25-2005, 06:25 PM
WELCOME, Virtuella! :waving:

DotMom61
09-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Welcome, Virtuella!

My mother's side of the family hails from Sweden. You live in a beautiful part of the world!! Glad you came to join in the fun here!

Vendie
09-25-2005, 06:36 PM
:waving: hi everyone! :waving: welcome to the nut house!

punkhippiemom
09-26-2005, 02:19 AM
:shock: WOW, Virtuella, pictures do speak a thousand words - what beautiful things you make, and what a beautiful place you live in!!
You obviously don't need much help in learning to knit, but we're glad you joined - it's nice to have another veteran around to beg for help!! ;)

:cheering: Welcome!

ebrperk
09-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Hello,
My name is Robin and I live in Minnesota. I am married with two daughters 5 and 2.5 and one on the way in February. I taught myself to knit almost two years ago. Right now I am making a double pointed scarf and want to start a baby blanket when I find out the sex next week. I am also very interested in making a pair of socks. I also enjoy counted cross stitch and reading. Just finished Debbie Macombers Shop on Blossom Street and started A Good Yarn.

Robin

aprildavis99
09-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi Robin.

I :heart: those books. I just finished them too.

Glad to have you here. :cheering: :cheering:

I am so surprised by how many people have taught themselves to knit..me included. Funny how a craft that has been around for generations is just not passed on anymore. I hope I can get my daughter into it. She knows basic crochet but is too hyper to sit still longer than 10 minutes to really get into it. :rollseyes:

April

Andrea
09-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for awhile, but signed up last night. I'm pretty much computer illiterate (hence, no avatar), so I'm not even sure I'm replying right!!

I just started knitting this summer and I'm already addicted. I just finished the Meema's Mursupial purse from Stitch and Bitch (I'm going to felt it today). I'm attempting to start either the Lucy Bag or the Mother Daughter Bag from the Two Old Bags pattern, but they are a little intimidating. :(

Hope to get help from here. I love the site so far!!

Virtuella
09-26-2005, 11:49 AM
:shock: WOW, Virtuella, pictures do speak a thousand words - what beautiful things you make, and what a beautiful place you live in!!
You obviously don't need much help in learning to knit, but we're glad you joined - it's nice to have another veteran around to beg for help!! ;)

:cheering: Welcome!

:rollseyes: I guess I am an quite experienced knitter...... but I love to be together with all of you outside my little country!! And learn, and help and be together with people as knitting interested as myself..

SharonC
09-26-2005, 12:43 PM
*waves to all*

Hi everyone :) I'm so glad I just found this site. I've wanted to learn how to knit for a very long time - mostly out of finding the Linus Project charity. My sister quilts and won't let me within ten feet of her shiny new Bernina; my mother attempted to teach me how to crochet but I just sat there making odd knots and being very confused. I spent this morning trying to work through a how-to-knit book, but after about thirty minutes tossed it out on account of sheer confusion and frustration. Thank goodness I hopped on Google and found this site! The videos are just what I need to get the hang of this, I think. :)

Thank you all so much again! It's so wonderful to find this place. (Especially the link to the Hogwarts scarves hidden on this board! I can't wait to work through some projects so I can knit one in green and silver - both Slytherin colors, and my own school's colors - what this says about my school... :lol: )

-Sharon

KellyK
09-26-2005, 02:50 PM
WOW! Three members to welcome! :waving: to ebrperk, Sharon and Andrea!

Andrea...us Illinoisians are tryin to plan a gettogether toward the end of the month! Keep your eyes peeled!

Ingrid
09-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Welcome, all, newbie and experienced! :cheering: :waving:

DotMom61
09-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Boy it's been busy out here lately!! How exciting! So glad to see all of you out here, and another "Illinoisian," to boot!!

Welcome, everyone!

p.s. Virtuella: I just peeked at your blog -- beautiful things! I love the Cat Bordhi baskets!

Virtuella
09-26-2005, 04:00 PM
p.s. Virtuella: I just peeked at your blog -- beautiful things! I love the Cat Bordhi baskets!

Thanks! They vere so fun to knit too!!! :thumbsup:

dustinac
09-26-2005, 08:16 PM
:waving: Welcome everyone!!!

Andrea
09-26-2005, 10:27 PM
A get together would be fun!! I will be here often, it's as addicting as knitting............... :XX:

KellyK
09-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Where are you in Illinois, Andrea?

Andrea
09-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Crystal Lake

KellyK
09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
FANNNTASTIC! I think we are starting to plan to meet in DesPlaines on a Saturday in October! Watch for the Illinois Knitters thread...OR do a search and check it out NOW if you wanna see the story of our last get together!

DotMom61
09-27-2005, 01:33 AM
Crystal Lake

Cool, Andrea! You are just "up the road" from me. I'm in the St. Charles/Geneva area. Here's (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2139&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=illinois&start=0) a link to the Illinois knitter thread.

I sent you to page 1 of the thread, but a lot has gone on since then. Perhaps that will give you a way to get to know us all a little bit .... hmmm ... is that a good thing? Gee ... maybe you won't want to go on an outing with us. :??

:lol:

LisaD715
09-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Julie, c'mon, WHO wouldn't want to hang with you great knitters?!?!?!?! I wish I loved a lil closer, but I am looking forward to meeting the PA/MD knitters next fall!!

DotMom61
09-27-2005, 02:18 AM
We did have a good time last time, Lisa. I was jus' teasin'. :wink:

I hope you *can* get everyone in your area together. It's so funny to sit and talk face-to-face w/people you know from the forum. You know all this stuff about them, but yet they're also sort of unfamiliar. It's weird.

OMG ...it's after 1 o'clock!!! Why am I still up??? :shock:

KellyK
09-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Julie, c'mon, WHO wouldn't want to hang with you great knitters?!?!?!?!
AMEN, my Knitting Sister! :mrgreen:

Emeraldcutie
09-28-2005, 11:17 PM
:cheering:
I just stumbled upon this site while cruising the net.
Wonderful job, I have been a knitter since I can remember (started around 7 or 8). And I still love the fact that you can learn something new, everytime you cast on. The videos are great and the site has become a regular stop for me on my list of bookmarks. I recently relocated to a new town (moved for job opportunity) so I don't know any knitters locally yet. It's nice to see such a fun, friendly and deversified group. A litttle about me, Iam 31 a mother of 1 daughter (10 going on 30) and an avid knitter as well (gets it from mom) Spent most of my time hiding my stash of yarn from my daughter. I have a wonderful hubby who seldon complains about my obsession with yarn (but still waits patiently for me to make him something :) I mostly knit as gifts, baby blankets, hats, booties etc. I like quick, simple projects that are easy to take on the go. Iam fortunate enough to be in a line of work that allows me to knit while I do my job. Anyhow thats about it for me. Hope to say hi to everyone soon, if your in Ontario give me a hollar might be near each other.
Have a Great Day
Laura

KellyK
09-28-2005, 11:57 PM
WELCOME, LAURA! :waving: We have several Canadians here! Although, Geography is not my strong point, so Im not sure how close to you they are...nothing is further than about 6 inches on MY map.. :shifty:

punkhippiemom
09-29-2005, 01:17 AM
WELCOME, LAURA! :waving: We have several Canadians here! Although, Geography is not my strong point, so Im not sure how close to you they are...nothing is further than about 6 inches on MY map.. :shifty:
:roflhard: :roflhard:

It's a smaaaallll world, after allll,
It's a smaaallll world after alllll.......

susies1955
09-29-2005, 06:53 AM
Hi,
I just joined.
I have never knitted but want to learn.
I found a local yarn shop that gives lessons so I just have to wait
for Tuesday to get here to get started. It is just twice a month.
They have open sessions for anyone to come and just hang out or learn for $2 each session. You are required to buy your supplies there though.
I thought it would be nice to learn so I have something 'useful' to do while watching TV at night.
Anyone else here from WAY UP NORTH in NY?????
Susie who will be 50 next month. YEHA :)

KellyK
09-29-2005, 07:23 AM
OOOOH You can by Ingy's new best friend!!!!! Welcome, Suzie!! :waving:

susies1955
09-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Kelly,
Hi,
Who is Ingy??????? Is she brand new or a New Yorker?????
Thanks for the welcome. :)
Do you have any advice for a 'beginner' book?????
I clicked on new posts and they are all from you. You're a grand poster. :)
Susie

KellyK
09-29-2005, 07:31 AM
:roflhard: That's only because Im the only one AWAKE right now!

Ingrid is another "grand" poster...she's in New York (not NYC) and she's a FABULOUS knitter....she should be here ANY minute!

I dont recommend books....I recommend the videos here on knittinghelp.com! That's how I learned....

Vendie
09-29-2005, 07:36 AM
I just stumbled upon this site while cruising the net.
Wonderful job, I have been a knitter since I can remember (started around 7 or 8). And I still love the fact that you can learn something new, everytime you cast on. The videos are great and the site has become a regular stop for me on my list of bookmarks. I recently relocated to a new town (moved for job opportunity) so I don't know any knitters locally yet. It's nice to see such a fun, friendly and deversified group. A litttle about me, Iam 31 a mother of 1 daughter (10 going on 30) and an avid knitter as well (gets it from mom) Spent most of my time hiding my stash of yarn from my daughter. I have a wonderful hubby who seldon complains about my obsession with yarn (but still waits patiently for me to make him something :) I mostly knit as gifts, baby blankets, hats, booties etc. I like quick, simple projects that are easy to take on the go. Iam fortunate enough to be in a line of work that allows me to knit while I do my job. Anyhow thats about it for me. Hope to say hi to everyone soon, if your in Ontario give me a hollar might be near each other.
Have a Great Day
Laura

Where in southern Ontario are you?? My DH and I generally go to St Catharines at least once a year (that is where he is from). Welcome to KH!!! :waving:

susies1955
09-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Kelly,
I'm a NUT about getting up early. I get up between 2:30 and 3:30 am. I know most would say that is NOT morning. :)
It would be great if Ingrid is from up this way.
I started watching the videos yesterday. I get a little of it. LOL.
Thanks again,
Susie

earthchick
09-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Welcome, Laura and Susie! I've only been here a few days myself - and have found this is an AWESOME place!

Kelly, OMG, are you serious that you learned to knit from the videos here and are already doing stuff like that gorgeous wrap?!?!? I figured you'd been knitting for years.... WOW. :shock:

susies1955
09-29-2005, 07:59 AM
earthchick (name?),
Thanks for the welcome.
I'll be checking out more of the video with you. :)
Susie

KellyK
09-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Kelly, OMG, are you serious that you learned to knit from the videos here and are already doing stuff like that gorgeous wrap?!?!? I figured you'd been knitting for years.... WOW. :shock:
I just learned to knit in January....

Ingrid
09-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Good morning Knitting Help!!!

Welcome everyone who showed up overnight!

I am from New York, but near Poughkeepsie, only about 80 miles from NYC. People from the City would consider me 'upstate' but I doubt I'm anywhere near you, Susie. I AM around here alot, though!

I learned from books, and found that having a stationary picture in front of me is helpful. Of course when I started knitting, there were no computers or videos to look at. And I mean the VCR wasn't invented! ( I feel sooo old right now.)

If you want an inexpensive, comprehensive book of knitting directions, The Harmony Guide to knitting is an excellent reference.

susies1955
09-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Ingrid,
You are way South. :)
Here I am:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/462977544/462978271wCNdkv
Thanks for the book suggestion,
Susie

Emeraldcutie
09-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Where in southern Ontario are you?? My DH and I generally go to St Catharines at least once a year (that is where he is from). Welcome to KH!!! Waving

Iam newly transplanted in London, Ontario :)
Thanks for the welcome :)

Laura [/quote]

earthchick
09-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Kelly! :shock: I am speechless. :notworthy:

KellyK
09-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Kelly! :shock: I am speechless. :notworthy:
That's not a good thing for a minister!! Please apologize to your congregation for me....or have someone do that for ya! :rofling:

earthchick
09-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Hee! :lol:

MaryS
09-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Welcome to Susie, Laura, and earthchick, (and anyone else I forgot) :waving: :waving:

This place is GREAT!

Laura, I'm in Troy, MI, not too far from Windsor, and a lot of my coworkers at my former job were from Canada. I agree, you still learn something new with every new project, and we have some AWESOME knitters here who can answer almost anything! :happydance:

Susie, I'll be 50 in 6 months, and Ingrid is about our age too. It's great to learn to knit at any age. The videos here are the best knitting instruction I've ever seen, and it's easy to find whatever you need at the moment, plus we all like to give advice whenever we can. GO FOR IT! :thumbsup:

earthchick, are you a recent transplant to Ann Arbor? I spent my college years there - many moons ago - and still have season tickets for Michigan football, so I get to Ann Arbor several times every fall. Which church are you associated with? Are you in the "college" area or the non-student part of town?

Again, welcome all :cheering: and

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

susies1955
09-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Mary,
Thanks for the welcome and that is neat that you are going to be 50 soon too. I'll be checking out more of the videos as I get time.
I plan to go to my first class on Tuesday and can't wait. I don't have anything at all for yarn or anything so it should be fun.
Susie

earthchick
09-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Susie, you'll have to let us know how the first class goes!

Hi Mary! :waving: I moved to Ann Arbor from Georgia almost 5 years ago (in the middle of winter - quite a shock! :shock: ) DH and I pastor First Baptist Church of Ann Arbor, just a few steps away from central campus (we also are the campus ministers for the American Baptist Campus Foundation, which is housed at our church). We live 5 blocks from the stadium - so game days in our neighborhood are pretty nuts! (it's pretty cool to be able to hear the band and the cheers from our house; not so cool to have people who park on our streets leaving their trash in our yard!) Thanks for the welcome - it's nice to "meet" another SE Michigander!

suziehomemaker
09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Ingrid,
You are way South. :)
Here I am:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/462977544/462978271wCNdkv
Thanks for the book suggestion,
Susie

Susie - Wow, your star is right where my husband grew up. How close are you to Odgensburg? We live in Chicago now but we travel home to Upstate NY several times a year. I'm from a tiny town in between Potsdam and Massena.

susies1955
09-29-2005, 05:27 PM
suziehomemaker,
I love your name. I always call myself "Susie Homemaker". LOL.
I am a half hour from Ogdensburg in a little town called DeKalb Junction.
I bet you were from Norwood, Norfolk, or Raymondville right?????? :)
Great to meet you,
Susie

suziehomemaker
09-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I know where Dekalb is! My parents are still in Norfolk and my in-laws are in the Heuvelton area (near all of the Amish).

I heard there's a new LYS in Madrid, have you been yet?

susies1955
09-30-2005, 08:47 AM
suziehomemaker,
That is neat that your parents and in laws live around here.
I didn't know the Madrid place was new. I just heard about it a few days ago. It is called Liberty Fibers. They are having an open house "KNIT IN" at the Communitry Center. I'm taking my first class there on Tuesday. I'm going to try to make it there on Saturday but have to work part of the day.
Susie
Here is her website:
http://libertyfibers.com/index.html

suziehomemaker
09-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks so much! I just found out about it this summer but I didn't have a chance to stop by since I was running all over to visit family and friends. Let me know what you think!

She even has spinning supplies! (I just saw the website)

Thanks again!

susies1955
09-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Do I call you Suzie?????????? :)
Yes, I will probably report in "HERE" after go. I'm excited about it.
I imagine it will be much more expensive than Joann's or Walmart but I will have a teacher available.
Susie

DotMom61
09-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Do I call you Suzie?????????? :)
Yes, I will probably report in "HERE" after go. I'm excited about it.
I imagine it will be much more expensive than Joann's or Walmart but I will have a teacher available.
Susie

:lol: We all call her Suzie, even thought that's really not her real name. But that's OK around here, 'cause about 1/2 the people here are known only by their pseudonyms, and even though some of us (here in IL) have met in person, we still call them by their pseudonyms. I think a couple of people have changed their drivers licenses. :roflhard:

susies1955
09-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Julie,
Thanks for letting me know.
I like to go by my orginal or I should say nick of Susan which is Susie which was Sue in high school. I was told by a friend that the name Susie was pixie and I should go back to Susan. LOL.
Now I'm confused to who I am.
Susie

dustinac
09-30-2005, 09:12 AM
:waving: Hi everyone and welcome!!!! :happydance:

susies1955
09-30-2005, 09:13 AM
dustinac,
Thanks for the welcome. :)
Susie

DotMom61
09-30-2005, 09:18 AM
I have a friend that I've always known as Suzie (or Skooz, as some of us called her), and she went through a job change and tried to elevate her name to Suzanne in order to change into a more corporate image, but those of us who knew her before could never call her Suzanne. She just wasn't a Suzanne, she was a Suzie.

That's a tough one, though, because Susan and Suzanne do definitely sound more grown-up and respectful. So, whaddaya do?? :doh:

It's funny how much of an impact a name can have.

susies1955
09-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Julie,
I guess you just got with what most call you and leave it at that. I still have friends in there 50's that go by there school name ............. like Bobby. :)
It doesn't really matter does it? I don't care to be grown up or respectable anymore. I've been TOO much of that all my life. LOL.

suziehomemaker
09-30-2005, 09:45 AM
I go by Suzie here on the forum only because Kemp freaked me out a while ago when she posted warnings about giving out personal information. Even though the article was mainly on how people expose too much of themselves on their personal blogs - it still freaked me out.

When we meet up I go by my real name but online it's just Suzie (that's the nickname my Dad gave me when I started up knitting and other crafts).

DotMom61
09-30-2005, 09:45 AM
I don't care to be grown up or respectable anymore. I've been TOO much of that all my life. LOL.

Amen to that!! :lol:

KellyK
09-30-2005, 09:50 AM
In THAT case, can we call you SUZIEWOOZLES?? :mrgreen:

susies1955
09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
......... online it's just Suzie (that's the nickname my Dad gave me when I started up knitting and other crafts).
Well, nice to meet you Suzie. :)
Susie

susies1955
09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
SUZIEWOOZLES??
OH MY,
Susie

Ingrid
09-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I had a friend whose name was Dorinda. Nice, respectable, right? Her nickname from childhood, which people refused to drop, was Pinky.

Andrea
09-30-2005, 05:57 PM
I doubt this is the right forum to ask, but I have computer questions!!

1. I want to attach pictures, what size do they have to be?? Do you just attach them from your documents folder??

2. ALSO, avatars, how do those happen??

I wanna be able to play :crying:

Please help...I have animals to share and projects too...I feel so left out...

DotMom61
09-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Andrea,

If you go to the top of the screen and click on "Profile," you will come to a screen where you can enter lots of stuff about yourself, and then down @ the bottom, you will find a place where you can upload (or link to) a picture for your avatar.

As for including pictures in your posts, you can either upload them using the box @ the bottom of any post in the "Add an Attachment" section. You would choose a file from a folder on your hard drive. There's also a link there that tells you what formats & file sizes you can upload. I would say that pics in JPG format at a resolution of about 640x480 will usually work.

You can also use the tag to pull in a picture from another web site. Of course, you don't want to do this unless you own the picture and have it parked somewhere in your own web space. For example, I use Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/) to park my photos, and then I can just use the [img] tag to paste in the link to the picture I want to include.

(syntax for [img] tag: "[img]http://.....")

Hope that helps!! We *love* pictures around here. :cheering:

Andrea
09-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Thank you for your reply!! I figured out I can "park" the photos on yahoo so I'll be busy for awhile!!!!!!!! :cheering:

Anne Ricketts
10-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi there! My name is Anne and I live in Round Rock TX, just north of Austin. I'm pretty much a newbie knitter and it's what I do for my downtime in the evenings and weekends! My job (hate to say job because I have too much fun doing it! :D ) is making glass beads and selling them from my website and Ebay. I also teach beadmaking. I have run the gambit on arts and crafts, I guess I'm a Jill of all trades! LOL! I was an avid quilter for 13 yrs before I found glass! I got into knitting because there are a lot of glassies that knit also. My mom teaches knitting out of her home up in WA state so we have a lot of phone lessons! LOL!

KellyK
10-06-2005, 09:08 AM
WELCOME, Anne! :waving:

There is a thread in the Buy/Sell/Swap forum for advertising your wares...
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2425

Give us a link to your beads! Id LOVE to see 'em!

ebrperk
10-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Suzie,
I saw that you are reading a Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. Are you pregnant and when are you due? I am due in February with our third.

Robin :D

Anne Ricketts
10-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks Kelly! Um just wondering if the links in my signature are a no-no?

KellyK
10-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Not at all! :thumbsup:

earthchick
10-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Anne, I just checked out your website and your stuff on eBay. GORGEOUS! :inlove:

Oh, and welcome to the greatest forum on the web! :waving:

Anne Ricketts
10-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Thank you!! Like I said, I can't really call it a job because it's just too much fun!! :happydance:

cleighg
10-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Your site is fantastic, and just what I needed to start knitting. I had been wanting to learn how to knit for some time, but just couldn't find the time, or the person to show me how. Then I found your site and WOW - I CAN knit! I am finishing up my first project (just a nice long scarf for myself), and am looking forward to move on to the next one.

Thanks! :cheering:

Ingrid
10-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Welcome everyone!! :waving:

liznwillow
10-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Liz (29) and

liznwillow
10-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi everyone! Wow... this is a big group, isn't it? Anyway, I'm Liz (29) and my companion (BF) is Ray (47) and we have a daughter, Willow (17 months). I have been knitting for almost 3 years now and I"m just starting to venture out past the really simple stuff. I am just starting my first sweater for my daughter. I am an in-home daycare provider so I can't guarantee that I will be around a whole lot, though I should be able to check the board at least once a day. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Ingrid
10-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Welcome Liz! That Willow is a cutie!!

KellyK
10-07-2005, 04:24 PM
WELCOME, CLG & Liz!! :waving:

That Willow is a CUTIE!!!

liznwillow
10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks you guys! That hat that she has on is one that I made for one of my daycare babies (she's 4 mos. old). Obviously, it's too small for Willow, but she insisted on trying it on. :lol:

koolbreeze
10-07-2005, 11:09 PM
:waving:
is that i crochet hook Willow has??? shes ready to learn!!!

liznwillow
10-07-2005, 11:15 PM
It sure is! She stole it out of my knitting supplies bag. :lol:

knitting4babybear
10-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi, I'm Tracy. Just started knitting about 2 weeks ago and fell in :heart: . Knitting is very Zen...lotta life lessons in knitting. :)

I never knitted before, and no one in my family was a knitter that I knew of, but I always wanted to do it having danced ballet so many years and watched girls sit for hours making beautiful things out of string. Learning with books and diagrams proved too confusing. So I took a class at Micheal's 2 Mondays ago, where I learned how to cast on and do the knit stitch....

Currently working on my first 2 garter stitch scarves....one with sz 10 needles (which I started in the class) and one with sz 7....they look QUITE different. I'm still deciding if it's the needle size or the fact that I started one in the class and one after a few days of getting the hang of it.

And still a bit nervous about how messy the edges of things seem to look. Not as bad in the sz 7 project as the sz 10.

Daydreaming about doing an afghan or a shawl soon....

We'll see...a girl can dream. ;)

Anyway...Just wanted to say "hi". Nice to meet you all! Many of you are fantastically talented. I look forward to hanging out here. :)

Ingrid
10-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Hi Tracy! There's a wealth of information and friendly people here! Maybe you've been told differently in other areas of life, but in needles--size DOES make a difference! :rofling: Sorry! Just a taste of what you have in store if you stick around! ;)

knitting4babybear
10-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi Tracy! There's a wealth of information and friendly people here! Maybe you've been told differently in other areas of life, but in needles--size DOES make a difference! :rofling: Sorry! Just a taste of what you have in store if you stick around! ;)

ROFL! Well good then! I can leave my pearls in storage!

And good to know I'm not imagining things....I knew it was something. The smaller project is taking forever, but it looks so NEAT.

KellyK
10-08-2005, 04:00 PM
WELCOME, Tracy! :waving:

You will also find that with some projects, bigger needles, sometimes just 1 size up, can make the fabric SOFTER. You'll get a feel for it...have fun with it!

knitting4babybear
10-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Well the sz 10 IS softer...looser and softer.

Thanks Kelly... :)

Larger needles...makes things look different...makes things softer...got it!

There's so much to know...I feel like I'll never learn it all! :shock:
I just want to be able to knit lots and lots of afghans and scarves and socks to go with my tea ,and my poetry, and my books....
Just imagining a world of yarn and tea makes my heart go pitter pat. :inlove:

I'm such a loser. :roflhard:

Ingrid
10-08-2005, 04:20 PM
If that makes you a loser, then welcome to the losers' club!

knitting4babybear
10-08-2005, 04:31 PM
:shifty: You guys like tea and books?

:cheering: YEAH! I didn't know there was a club. Highschool would have been WAY better! :rofling:

Thanks for the welcome guys... :XX:

Ladybug
10-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Lesley and I'm a beginner knitter. I have been only knitting a few days now. I bought the book "Stitch 'N Bitch" to teach myself, as no one I know knits and I live in the willywags of Maine and there are no classes near me :( Has anyone else here read the book? It's a riot! :D Anyway, I got the slipknot and double cast on pretty well, but when I got to the English knitting I was completely stumped. Luckily, someone on another forum that I frequent (scrapbook-related) posted a link to the videos on this site. I found the video of the English knitting and was psyched to finally understand how to do it!! :)

So, then I got poking around on this site a little more and I have to say that it completely rocks! I really look forward to sharing with you all :)

Like Tracy, I have always wanted to learn to knit. I thought that it was super cool to see the creations that came out of balls of yarn! Now that I have a child (a daughter, Lily - 5 months), I REALLY want to learn because I want to be able to make her the cute little ponchos, hats, scarfs, etc :) And on a personal level, my maternal grandmother was a knitter - she died when I was 10. I feel like learning the craft that she enjoyed would sort of bring me a little closer to her, even though she has been gone for nearly 13 years.

So that is me, in a nutshell... :)

Ingrid
10-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Welcome Lesley!! :waving:

earthchick
10-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Welcome Lesley and Tracy! :waving:

Lesley, I know exactly what you mean about feeling closer to a grandmother who knitted. My grandmother, who passed away 5 years ago, didn't knit but she did crochet and tat. Somehow when I'm working with needles and yarn I just suddenly feel so close to her. It's very cool. I wish I had taken up knitting while she was still living so we could've done our handicrafts together.

Anyway, welcome to both of you. I've only been here a couple of weeks and I have already learned so much. I love this place! :heart:

mintdee
10-08-2005, 08:47 PM
:waving: Welcome to the nuthouse one and all! We may be nutty but so much fun :roflhard:

dustinac
10-09-2005, 01:01 PM
:cheering: Welcome everyone!!!

amy
10-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Wow, how'd I get so behind on this thread? :blush:
Hi to all the new folks, and welcome! :waving: Nice to read and get to know more about each of you!

Beth, thanks for the sweet comment (like 10 pages back! LOL). And thanks to Knittokeepwarm. :)

Virtuella, welcome! One of my closest friends is from Norway.
Welcome Anne.

CLG, welcome aboard, glad we've got you hooked! (or is that a crochet term? ...We've got you poked? :?? erm, never mind).

Welcome Liz and Tracy!
Welcome Lesley! Stitch n' Bitch is a GREAT book, you'll find plenty of fans here. That's so nice about your grandmother, knitting is special that way to me as well. My maternal grandmother is still alive, but I rarely get to see her, and knitting makes me feel closer to her as well.

Oh, all the talk of having tea makes me want to have y'all over for tea. This is my favorite time of the day, other than knitting in the evenings of course! I have a serious tea fettish, I don't know if I've ever even mentioned it. Flowery gold-rimmed tea cups are the one thing I really "collect." And every day I sit down and have tea with my girlish set, and delight that my husband will have it with me. Sometimes I let him use a mug, although occasionally he actually asks for a tea cup, which thrills me to no end. :blush: Wonderful, but not quite the same as drinking tea with girlfriends! :heart:

mintdee
10-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Flowery gold-rimmed tea cups are the one thing I really "collect." And every day I sit down and have tea with my girlish set, and delight that my husband will have it with me. Sometimes I let him use a mug, although occasionally he actually asks for a tea cup, which thrills me to no end. :blush: Wonderful, but not quite the same as drinking tea with girlfriends! :heart:
:roflhard: I have tea issues as well. I collect mini tea sets and Tea pots. :inlove: Nothing like a man who will humor you like that! :thumbsup:

Back on subject: :blush:
Welcome to all who are new!

Clabbergirl
10-11-2005, 12:39 PM
I am a very, very new knitter (I picked up a set of needles three days ago), and after struggling with the instructions in a badly drawn pamphlet, I found your website. It's terrific! The videos are so incredibly helpful, and there is so much information here.

Thank you for going that extra mile to include the detail and info here.

~Clabbergirl

KellyK
10-11-2005, 12:45 PM
WELCOME, Clabbergirl! :waving:

Stonington
10-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Welcome Lesley!
This is a wonderful place! :cheering: ...hmmmm just out of curiosity... where are the willywags? :thinking: lol
anne
south portland, me
Hi everyone! My name is Lesley and I'm a beginner knitter. I have been only knitting a few days now. I bought the book "Stitch 'N Bitch" to teach myself, as no one I know knits and I live in the willywags of Maine and there are no classes near me :( Has anyone else here read the book? It's a riot! :D Anyway, I got the slipknot and double cast on pretty well, but when I got to the English knitting I was completely stumped. Luckily, someone on another forum that I frequent (scrapbook-related) posted a link to the videos on this site. I found the video of the English knitting and was psyched to finally understand how to do it!! :)

So, then I got poking around on this site a little more and I have to say that it completely rocks! I really look forward to sharing with you all :)

Like Tracy, I have always wanted to learn to knit. I thought that it was super cool to see the creations that came out of balls of yarn! Now that I have a child (a daughter, Lily - 5 months), I REALLY want to learn because I want to be able to make her the cute little ponchos, hats, scarfs, etc :) And on a personal level, my maternal grandmother was a knitter - she died when I was 10. I feel like learning the craft that she enjoyed would sort of bring me a little closer to her, even though she has been gone for nearly 13 years.

Clabbergirl
10-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Your story and mine is similar in how we got started knitting, and since I didn't take the time to introduce myself earlier, I'm going to do it here.

I too have the Stitch 'n Bitch book (and I LOVE it), and am so inspired to get knitting. My 11-year-old daughter sort-of learned how to knit from a friend, and tried to show me how this Friday, three days ago. I went in search of a book and found Stitch 'n Bitch, loved the writing style, and have been knitting samples all weekend!

We went crazy on yarn that first day, and something tells me this is like quilting (and fabric collecting)...that I will end up with a huge collection of yarn and not enough time to ever knit all of it.

Nonetheless, I tried English knitting first and it felt totally, totally wrong to me. As an old crocheter, I felt much more at home continental, and had been attempting to knit with a hodge-podge of the two styles before I found out there was a difference (from the stitch n bitch book). Now I am doing much better with both, but still have quite a bit of inconsistency in my stitches (some are tight, some are loose). I assume practice will help with this. But when things really got fun was when I found this website and the wonderful videos! Knitting is something my mother stayed away from every trying to learn, thinking it was far too difficult. I followed right behind her, until now. I only wish I could show her how easy and fun it is!

Thank you for this great website, and I look forward to learning lots here.

~Marie

mishka
10-11-2005, 05:44 PM
HI All, thought I would say Hi,

I've been knitting for a couple of months, but I have an exam next week so trying to abstain (quite tough to be honest).

I started knitting to make cute little christmas things, but now I'm addicted and am on the second sleeve of "Tempting" on Knitty.com. All looking good so far.

I'm in Glasgow in UK, and am sooooooo jealous of the USA choice of websites, I spend too much time eyeing up yarn sites.

Anyway thanks for a fab website, it is sooo amazing and speak soon.

Mer
10-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Welcome all! :waving:

foothills
10-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Welcome to all...you'll :heart: this site....lots of helpful "friends" here ;) and lots of humor whether you have time to post or not :rofling:

Joyce

SoapDoc
10-11-2005, 10:24 PM
:shifty: You guys like tea and books?

Oh yeah!!!! As much as air!!!!!! ;)

Kelly
10-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi there.. my name's Kelly. I just came across this site today while browsing the Net trying to find some knitting info. I'm only a beginner knitter.. lol.. just scarves and easy things like that. :XX:
A lot of the stuff on here is really helpful and is pretty interesting.
Anyways, just thought I'd stop in and say hi.

~Kelly. :heart:

SoapDoc
10-13-2005, 01:57 AM
Hi there.. my name's Kelly

Welcome, Kelly! :waving:

KellyK
10-13-2005, 07:16 AM
We can never have too many Kellys!! :waving:

amy
10-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Welcome Clabbergirl! That's so neat that your 11 year old helped you learn knitting (or tried to)!

Welcome Mishka! Good luck on your exam. Glad to have you with us!

Welcome Kelly! :)

kome
10-14-2005, 12:58 PM
WELCOME Mishka, Kelly, and everyone else on the pages before! Hehe. New friends! Woohoo! :heart: :happydance:

nittywitty
10-14-2005, 01:57 PM
;), i just started knitting....and i brought a book for how to knitt, but this is nothing like the book. you can't compare it. i love this website, how it have videos that actually show you how to do different stitches. i just wanted to say good job on this site. thank you for making knitting so much easer for all of us.

thank you
PS. im soo excited about finishing my first scarf
:happydance:

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy this site, and knitting. Congrats on your scarf. Post pics if you can! We love to see everyone's work. :waving:

abbygail
10-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi Again Everyone,
I am so happy I found this site. I am new to knitting and I need all the help I can get. Thanks Soapdoc for replying to me and letting me know you had a problem with tight stitches at first too. Now I don't feel so alone in my problem.
I have no one close to me who knits so I am so happy for the support I feel will come from this site.
I want to be able to knit so badly so I am going to perservere. :thumbsup:
I can't wait to receive my instructional CDs. I have dial up internet so I can't view them on the site.
Look forward to talking to all of you through my experience.
Take Care Everyone.
Evelyn :D

Clabbergirl
10-14-2005, 02:49 PM
I appreciate the warm welcome. And yes, Amy, my daughter and her friends are getting interested in knitting due to one little girl bringing needles and yarn to school for drama practices...

I had my bag in the car last night when doing some kid carpooling, and one of the girls exclaimed that we knew how, and could we show her. She was 8!

Marie (Clabbergirl)

MaryS
10-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi Clabbergirl,

Eight is a great age to teach. I learned when I was seven - over 40 years ago, and it was wonderful.

It's great to be able to pass knitting along to another generation. I've taught both my daughters how to knit, too

Welcome to KH!

Mary

mishka
10-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks all for the welcome. No knitting all weekend for me :(

(well maybe a cheeky row or two ;)

I am busy reading loads of threads like Kelly K's blog (total respect), Watcha Knitting and finished projects, will join in next week. Need to get snappy happy :D

:XX: oh no I shouldn't.

KellyK
10-14-2005, 06:46 PM
OMG...thanks SO much, Mishka! I hope it doesnt TAKE you ALL WEEKEND to read my blog! :shifty: Make sure you eat and sleep....wouldnt want your health to suffer! :lol:

wittyknitty
10-15-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm new and I find this site/forum to be
AWESOME, FANTASTIC, GREAT
Hope you don't get tired of my many questions.
(New Knitter Needs Help)

Kathleen

KellyK
10-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Welcome, Kathleen! :waving: Questions are ALWAYS welcome here!

SoapDoc
10-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks Soapdoc for replying to me and letting me know you had a problem with tight stitches at first too. Now I don't feel so alone in my problem.

Don't mention it, Evelyn! Someone once told me that it's extremely common for new knitters to knit too tight, and once you learn to loosen up, knitting will be so much more pleasurable, and I could not agree more now that I have finally gotten it :)

The only thing that helps is practice though, and trying to keep in the back of your mind to relax. I am sure you're doing better already and that you're :heart: 'ing it more with each second that passes! I can't believe how addicted I have become in such a short time. To both knitting AND this forum. I really love it here too.

SoapDoc
10-15-2005, 10:57 PM
HI All, thought I would say Hi,

Welcome, Mishka!!! Glad to meet you :)

SoapDoc
10-16-2005, 03:25 AM
I'm new and I find this site/forum to be
AWESOME, FANTASTIC, GREAT

Welcome, Kathleen! I could not agree more :)

dustinac
10-16-2005, 10:24 AM
:waving: Welcome to the forum everyone :cheering:

Jan in CA
10-16-2005, 04:39 PM
I just started knitting a month ago so I've got a long way to go . I learn fast though and am having a great time. Even though I'm taking a class this forum/website has been a godsend! Thanks!

I'm 52 and have been married for 31 yrs to a now retired firefighter. I have a 34 yr old stepdaughter and two daughters of my own who are now 26 and 28. My hobbies other than knitting are photography and reading. We live in southern California.

Ingrid
10-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi Jan! :waving:

foothills
10-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Welcome everyone and Jan...another baby-boomer :cheering:

Joyce

knitncook
10-17-2005, 11:37 AM
What a truly cool website! I just found this site and although I've been knitting since I was as old as my youngest child (who has just learned the joy of knitting herself) I am completely fascinated with the video clips!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Michelle. I have 3 kiddos, 15, 13, 10 who all knit. We are a homeschooling family and some days just sit and knit while listening to music. Our other hobbies include cooking (I'm a Pampered Chef - so this works out well for me), rubberstaming, altered books, and scrapbooking. We also love going and shell hunting on the beach and dodging hurricanes (got another that is eyeing us now!) :(

koolbreeze
10-17-2005, 12:48 PM
:waving: :waving: welcome everyone!

Michelle~ my sister does Pampered Chef and loves it!!!

stephiefairy
10-18-2005, 06:01 AM
hey i thought id introduce myself :) as ive been browsing, and watching videos for a few weeks now.

im steph, im 19 and live in bristol (in the uk) with my partner tom, i learnt to knit at school when i was 8 where i knitted a black worm :P (everyone else did lady birds and pretty things, but i didnt have the patience) ive knitted a few times since then, but it wasnt untill about 3 months ago i decided i mite try knitting again.

I have severe m.e and am completely bedbound so its a verrry slow process but im slowly getting the hang of it.. alltho my brain still finds it hard to process patterns, so i have to get my bf or his sister to try and translate for me (alltho my bf hasnt knitted since he was 5. and is now 23). its a great thing to do tho when i have the energy. at the moment im working on some fingerless gloves to make knitting a bit easier in the cold weather

anyway i will stop my rambling, is nice to meet you all.. and hopefully next time i get stuck i mite be able to ask someone who actually knows how to knit what something means :p

:XX:

KellyK
10-18-2005, 07:10 AM
WELCOME, Stephie! Im glad you stopped lurking and joined us! :mrgreen:

Ingrid
10-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Welcome! All the help you need is here! ;)

dustinac
10-18-2005, 08:19 AM
:waving: Welcome to the forum!! :cheering:

marifp
10-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi, I am new, too.
I just started learning to knit couple of weeks ago (well, I did some when I was a teenager, a long time ago).
I sew and cross-stich, and I can do some very basic crochet, too.
Just love to spend my free time creating new things!

I am a mommy to a beautiful 2.5 yo girl and I am expecting my second child, due in March, 06.

KellyK
10-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Welcome, Mariana! :waving:

hollye
10-19-2005, 08:20 PM
hi! i'm very new to kitting... still trying to figure it out on my own! :?? but its been fun so far! ;) this site is GREAT!!!!! thanks so much!

Vendie
10-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Welcome Mariana and Holly!!

Mariana, congrats on your second baby! :balloons:

dustinac
10-20-2005, 08:13 AM
:waving: Welcome Mariana and Holly to the forum!! :happydance:

shawne
10-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Thank you so much for such a wonderful site. I am new to knitting and it was so hard to understand the books, however just one look at your videos and I'm on my second scarf (still going straight, but getting ready to make a toddler shawl for my youngest, 3 year old). Thank you, thank you, and thank you for this great information!

Ingrid
10-20-2005, 01:13 PM
New people everyday! :cheering: :cheering: Welcome, everyone! You'll find it a great place to hang out!

jelly
10-21-2005, 01:45 AM
a friend of mine told me about this site a few days ago and i have been reading it almost nonstop - my eyes are blurring from scrolling down so many pages! :shock:

been knitting for a few years - taught myself out of a book and have been on a tear ever since!

Ingrid
10-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Hi Jelly! Looks like you're a member of the 'club' already! ;)

KellyK
10-21-2005, 07:58 AM
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME, Holly, Shawne and Jelly! :waving:

dustinac
10-21-2005, 08:09 AM
:waving: Hi Jelly!!

itscryttle
10-23-2005, 11:13 PM
New here too!

I have always wanted to learn to knit and finally broke down and bought a getting started kit and what not... the book was a JOKE. :??

A friend told me about the great videos here so I came here and checked them out....

:thumbsup:

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Welcome Crystal!!

KellyK
10-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Hi Crystal!! :waving:

Vendie
10-24-2005, 06:34 AM
Hello to everyone just joining us! Jelly - I love your signature, I'm remember that on my next trip to the LYS. yes, I DO need more yarn, I DO need more yarn! :roflhard:

mintdee
10-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Woo I have been slacking off!

:waving: :waving: Hi to everyone who is joining our little home :D

Beware: It is addicting

dustinac
10-24-2005, 09:29 AM
:waving: Hi Crystal welcome to the forum!!

Pixie
10-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Hello,
I was looking for a hobby and thought I would try my hand at knitting. I thought it would be fun and I could make some neat things for myself and others. So I went to my local Michael's (the only arts and crafts store anywhere closeby that I know of) to get some supplies. I actually was hoping to take a class there to get me started, but they said their teacher for that class never came back and they haven't replaced her. I looked around, but I had no idea what to buy. I ended up buying a starter kit along with some plain yarn to practice with.
After spending an hour trying to figure out how to do what the book was describing to cast-on, I gave up. It was too hard to follow what they were trying to show.
This morning I set off to find some help and came across this website. I watched the first video about cast-on and it made everything so much clearer. I can't wait to get home tonight and try again!
Thanks so much for this website! :cheering:
-Kristina

shawne
10-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Kristina you sound like me! I bought a starter kit also and thought I was going to use the yarn to strangle myself, then I found this website and now I'm on my 3rd scarf for my family! I have passed this site on to many women that said they were also interested.

jelly
10-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Pixie, i see you are in los angeles - same as me - if you let me know which part, i can probably help you find some great yarn stores!

KellyK
10-24-2005, 11:38 AM
WELCOME, Pixie!! Glad you found us! :waving:

hollye
10-24-2005, 10:33 PM
welcome!!!!! its SOOOO great here! make yourself at home :notworthy:

TJ
10-24-2005, 11:19 PM
I am so glad I found this site. I finally downloaded the videos since I was watching them so often. I was in England in the spring and wanted to learn to knit. A kind lady showed me how. I bought yarn, needles, a little book, etc. I knitted a few rows and upon my return home I put it away for the summer. I completely forgot what to do and the book wasn't helping. With the onset of colder weather I decided to make the scarf I started months ago. If it weren't for the videos I would have a tangled mess.

Thanks and I am soooo glad to have found yall (am from the South).

TJ

Ingrid
10-24-2005, 11:22 PM
So many new people all the time--hard to keep up! Welcome everyone!! :cheering: :waving: :waving: :waving:

KellyK
10-25-2005, 12:37 AM
WELCOME TJ!! Love the froggie!

dustinac
10-25-2005, 08:35 AM
:waving: Kristina and TJ Welcome to the Forum!! This place is a lifesaver for most of us... I was so lost before I found Amy's videos and the help here on knitting help :thumbsup:

Kristina in school I always hated the first day of school or a sub teacher day... they always thought I couldn't spell my name right and it was either suppose to be Kristina or Justina :rofling: It got to the point in H.S. where it was time for my name they would pause kinda look confused and I'd just say yes Dustina is here.. I always told mom why couldn't you have named me Kristina??? so much easier..

melaniedc
10-25-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm new to posting here, but I've been lurking for a while now. I'm Melanie from Denise's (foldedbird) knitting group! *waves*

Just wanted to say hi, and I really am here, reading and giggling almost every day, even if I don't say much.......yet. :D

Melanie

dustinac
10-25-2005, 11:40 AM
:waving: Hi Melanie!!

MaryS
10-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Welcome to all our new additions! :waving:

This place is a great home away from home. :cheering: :cheering:

Come and join our collective craziness!

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

Eiline
10-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi! I just saw this thread. I have posted once with a question but had not introduced myself. Very nice people on this site and I really enjoy reading about all the knitting stuffs.

My name is Nell, I have been trying to learn knitting for a few months now. I have made a few odds and ends, some ugly some kinda nice; all of it fun.

Take care!

Nell

katiyana
10-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Hello - I'm Stephanie and I was pointed to KH's video tutorials to try and learn the alternative knitting technique (I'm a thrower) - in hopes I can speed my knitting up a bit.

I'm also looking for new techniques I can use in my business, selling handmade doll sweaters. 8)

Love the idea of hanging out with other knitters. :XX:

Clabbergirl
10-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the forums. I am new here as well, but I already do the continental knitting (it felt natural, maybe from chocheting days?). Good luck in learning another method, and keep us posted on how easy it is to be knitting-ambidextrious!

KellyK
10-27-2005, 01:14 PM
WELCOME, Nell and Kat!! :waving:

KNIT BELLA
10-27-2005, 09:15 PM
WOW What a cool forum.Im just now
repling been to busy reading
all the great stuff onhere and
all the patterns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :XX: :XX: :thumbsup: [/i]

Ingrid
10-27-2005, 10:27 PM
:cheering: Hard to keep up, these days. Welcome everyone!! :waving:

KellyK
10-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Well, THANKS, Bella! WELCOME! :waving:

Vic
10-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Hello, I'm Vic. I'm 18 and from Scotland. Recently got into knitting, I find it's a good stress relief from all my hard work at college. I've started doing a scarf, sensible place to start I think. It's the same colors as the Gryffindor Harry Potter style as those are the colors of my favorite soccer team. I've found the tutourials on KH very useful and have had lots of ideas from the posts on the forum! Ok, think I didnt spell things too Englishy!

Joel
10-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the KH forums Vic, Bella, Nell, Kat, Melanie, Kristina, TJ, and everyone else I've missed since posting in this thread last....

:thumbsup:

LisaD715
10-28-2005, 01:11 PM
:XX: welcome EVERYONE!!!! :XX:

LeslieA
10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone!

I am new here just found this site this morning. I am a beginner. I had been wanting to learn to knit for a long time, it never occured to me to look online, duh! Anyway I had purchased a kit with instructions and yarn and needles. But my progress just wasn't happening. I can cast on pretty darn good though. LOL. Well anyway I was out with a friend on saturday and we went into a yarn shop. I was asking her if she new how to knit. She said she used to but hadn't in a long while. Well one of the customers in the store was listening to us and offered to show us right then and there. Well my friend started to remember and she used a different technique than the one in my instruction booklet. So after she talked with us for quite awhile I purchased a different size needle and some very pretty yarn. I will be making a scarf out of it. So I decided to start looking online for better instructions, or I should say instructions like the way she was doing it. LOL. And this is where I ended up. Well sorry to ramble on but I am excited to make my scarf. I look forward to meeting you all. Thanks!

Joel
10-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Welcome Leslie...

You'll find a wide assortment of skill levels here from beginner to well Ingrid and Amy.... (many of us think they should get their own level).

Don't hesitate to ask questions whether they seem silly or not... you never know what you'll learn here.

earthchick
10-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Welcome everyone! :waving:

As you can already tell, this is a great place! :D

InterNette
10-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Hello

Hey earthchick I love you screen name.

Indygirl
11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Hello Knitters, I'm new in this Forum. It looks like a fun place to come. I knit a little. I have tennis elbow so that holds me back some. I have made a baby sweater, hats, scarfs, socks.
I have a G.D. and I would love to be able to make her many things. I just might need help with whatever I start :blush:
See Ya,
Chattyflo[/list]

Danielle
11-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi to all the new members! :waving:

wewantmore
11-02-2005, 04:44 AM
Hello My name is Michelle and I'm already addicted to knitting. This site was what got me started. And my husband too. :happydance: I just couldn't get the casting on, and had him watch with me. And now he's knitting.

And from the looks of it, my friend beat me too it by posting a few pages ago :doh:

I can't wait til I have time to read up on all the "tricks".

Vendie
11-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Hi Michelle, welcome to KH! How neat that you got your husband to knit - I tried, but it didn't take, but at least he appreciates it more!

Hi Indygirl, welcome to you too! Are you from Indy??? If so, then GLEEEEE! I'm happy to have another Indy-area member here!

Welcome welcome welcome and have fun! :cheering:

KellyK
11-02-2005, 08:10 AM
WELCOME, Michelle and Michelle's DH and Indy!! :waving:

Ingrid
11-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi everybody! Welcome! :waving:

Joel
11-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the forums IndyGirl and weWantMore...

Michelle, tell your hubby to get himself a screen name too. Us guys are a little outnumbered here. :lol:

Glad you two could join us. This place is a lot of fun (and really helpful too). :thumbsup:

E&Bsmom
11-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Hi! I am sooooooo glad I stumbled across this site.

I've been knitting for about a year now and am enjoying it immensely. I'm even working on stuff for Christmas presents this year. (My DD's Barbie's will be the best dressed in town.)

I look forward to much great learning from this site in the future.

Katrina

Vendie
11-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi Katrina, we're so glad you stumbled across this site too! :waving:

hedgehog
11-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Welcome to all the newbies!! :waving: It's nice to have you here!

This site is definitely life-changing! ;) :thumbsup:

When i started knitting it was simply to accomplish one or two projects that i wanted to customize and didn't want to pay for! ;) I'm a cheap sod! I was on a Need-to-Knit basis with respect to projects.

After coming here i find myself doing all sorts of new and interesting projects and planning things for the future CONSTANTLY. I NEVER thought i'd contemplate knitting a sweater - now i have about 12 patterns i'm mulling. I now knit because i WANT to, not because i need the end product :inlove:

Yes... 'tis a healthy obsession... :heart:

-hh

Ingrid
11-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Another Katrina! Our Kome is one, and my daughter is another. Welcome!!

Fleurs
11-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Hello there, i forgot to introduce myself sorry :oops:

Well, My name is Josiane, i'm from Congo but leaving and studing in Poland(Cracow).i'm new to knit and i'm really enjoing coz everyday i'm learning and this website and all the people are very friendly.I'm glad that i discovered the site.

Take care!

Ingrid
11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
My, we are really becoming an international group! Welcome Fleurs!

KellyK
11-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Hello, Fleurs!! :welcome:

Fleurs
11-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Thank you :cheering:

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Hello! I've been lurking since January.... I feel like I know most of you already! I'm new to knitting - started crocheting last year and then started knitting in January. I stumbled across this site and it has helped out alot - altho I don't have sound on my home computer and that makes watching the videos just a tiny bit hard!

I've finished a few basic things - scarves, baby blankets - I'm ready to move onto a hat & Sophie bag. I'm hoping to make some knittingNet friends. I admire all of your work and hope to be half as good someday.

I'm from Pgh, Pa. 35 years old - married two years - two cats and a greyhound (maybe another grey after this Saturday)!

Looking forward to being a part of the group! How cool - my very first post! I feel like a finally told a secret! :blush:

Lisa

Danielle
11-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the forum, Lisa! :waving:

AprilH
11-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi! My name is April and I'm from Ohio. Thank you so much Amy for this site! Your videos are great and extremely helpful. I started knitting last month and the only other knitter I know from around here is the library lady who I met when I was checking out knitting books. The nearest yarn store is in Troy (about 30 min. drive) so this forum is really a God-send for questions and just interaction.

I was originally going to learn to crochet but all the patterns I really liked were knit. I had never learned it because I thought it looked so hard, but as someone on this forum says, "It's just pulling loops through other loops." I've even taught my 7 y.o. daughter to knit and she's so proud of the garter stitch scarf she's making.

One of the great things I've found about knitting is that it really encourages me to hurry and get the housework done so I can sit down and knit.

I love how portable knitting is and how I can do it in the car without getting carsick like I do with reading.

Little Tip: I use a post-it note on the pattern page to cover the line above and the line below the line I'm working on. It helps when you're stopping and starting alot so you can find your place quicker.

Have a Great Day Everyone!

April

Danielle
11-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi April! :waving:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Welcome Jeepgirl and April!! :waving:

(I feel so QUOTABLE!! :mrgreen: )

AprilH
11-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi KellyK!

Sorry I didn't reference you! Couldn't remember who said it at the time, But you are quotable! :lol:

But what is a sig? :??

I LOVE those clogs you make! They are so cute!

April

Joel
11-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Hi KellyK!

Sorry I didn't reference you! Couldn't remember who said it at the time, But you are quotable! :lol:

But what is a sig? :??

I LOVE those clogs you make! They are so cute!

April

A "sig" is short for signature.... it's located at the bottom of each of your posts and you can create/edit it by clicking on your profile.

AprilH
11-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Woops, forget to say Hi, Danielle!

I just a few hours ago finished the dishcloth in the same pattern as the baby blanket you're working on. It was fun! It's nice to have something to work on that you can just whip through without looking at the pattern all the time. That would make a great hooded baby bath towel in cotton or something terry-ish.

April

AprilH
11-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Thank You Joel! I thought maybe it meant significant other. Gotta keep them updated. :thumbsup:

As you can see I am sig-less. I will have to remedy that. :thinking:

SimplyKaar
11-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Welcome April and Lisa :waving:

And everyone else who newly joined while I was away for a bit :)

This truely is an awsome group of people who, among them, know just about everything there is to know about knitting, or can find links to the things they don't know yet. And, on top of that, they simply are a warm, caring bunch who will keep your entertained and have tears of laughter rolling down your cheeks if you give them half a chance :lol:

Just come on right in, have a seat and grab something to drink before you get started on your knitting! :XX:

Joel
11-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Thank You Joel! I thought maybe it meant significant other. Gotta keep them updated. :thumbsup:

As you can see I am sig-less. I will have to remedy that. :thinking:

FYI: Significant Other is SO. DH/DW/DS/DD is D(arling)/D(ear)/D(umba$$) Husband/Wife/Son/Daughter depending on your mood. :lol:

tigger0229
11-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi ya'll!
I'm loving this forum. Just found today as I was searching for knitting sites. I started off with the knitting videos and enjoyed those very much! there were lots of tips!
anyway, I'm Kathy and live in Alabama and have been knitting for a short while, having taught myself. In the past 6 months, I've knitted a boa scarf with some cool yarn, one sock (the other is on the needles LOL), a baby blanket for my soon to be born granddaughter, and I'm on a hooded sweatshirt right now. I just treated myself to a nice circular needle pack by boyle with all the stuff and am having a blast. I'm a crocheting from 40 years back. I'm an AVID cross stitcher, hardanger, and have also quilted a bit (tho not any longer). AND I love to read. So when I have my little free time, it's a hard choice as which I pick up!
I'm married (33 years to Rick), and we have 3 children, Bryan 28 (single), wendy (married to John and they have two children Jonathan 7 and Kristin 2) brandi (married to Michael and they are about to have a baby girl Baylee). We just bought a new puppy, a maltese and he is a doll!
Looking forward to knowing you all!

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 06:25 PM
:waving: :waving: Welcome, everyone!

Fleurs
11-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Welcome everybody and feel home :cheering:

Indygirl
11-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Hi Michelle, welcome to KH! How neat that you got your husband to knit - I tried, but it didn't take, but at least he appreciates it more!

Hi Indygirl, welcome to you too! Are you from Indy??? If so, then GLEEEEE! I'm happy to have another Indy-area member here!

Welcome welcome welcome and have fun! :cheering:

Hi, This is Indy girl. I am From Indiana. I live in the southern part, it is beautiful here this time of year.
I like reading all the post on here. What a wonderful place to browse around. :D

CateKnits
11-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Oops, I guess I should have posted here yesterday. I just joined after lurking for a week or so.
My name is Cate and I've been knitting for about a year. My roommate and I learned from our RA in our dorm last year and now that we have our own apartment, it's full of yarn and craziness (mostly craziness).
I'm currently working on a Harry Potter PoA scarf, a ribbed scarf with Divine, a pair of mittens, and probably something else I'm forgetting right now. I just finished a hat and some cable knit legwarmers and I need to start a hat for my friend Steve, who is about to go live in Alaska for half a year!
My roommate has a book with a sweater pattern that I'm itching to try, but I' too nervous about messing it up to go buy the $56 worth of yarn it'll take. :shock:
Okay, I suppose that's about enough. HI, EVERYBODY! :D

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi Cate!! Welcome! I have a feeling you'll need you knitted goods in Rochester as much as an Alaskan! And with all the projects you have going, you'll fit right in here, too! ;)

jodstr2
11-03-2005, 11:16 PM
hello everyone :cheering: wow I haven't visited this thread for awhile. glad you made it over here. you'll love this place! :heart:

CateKnits
11-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Last year was my first year up here and it's freeeeezing! I'm so glad I learned how to make scarves. :P It's a good way to pass the time when I'm too chicken to go outside. I had to do a lab today in my statistics class about the snowfall rates up here and my eyes about fell out of my head. I actually had to ask if it was accurate!
I'm making hats for my friends at home and they're going to think I'm crazy. ;) Seriously, though, it DOES get cold in Annapolis (or at least windy).

Soliley
11-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Soledad and Im in the middle of my first scurff. You all were very helpfull, thanks a lot. (Sorry for my english).

KellyK
11-05-2005, 01:33 PM
WOW! Argentina!! Welcome, Soliley! I think you may be our first & only member from Argentina! :cheering:

KristiMetz
11-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Kay (although I don't get offended if you call me Kristi by looking at my username), and I'm a 31 year old stay-at-home-mom of a 2 year old little leprechaun.

I've learned everything so far from the videos on this site and reading the forums. :) I'm knitting a baby hat and hope to get better with practice, 'cuz this is gonna be one bedraggled baby hat! LOL.

Let's see... I also cross-stitch (that takes too long though) and am learning to sew. When I was working I was a computer geek, but those days are pretty much behind me now. :) For now at least.

Everyone here has been a great help, and I really enjoy looking at everyone's projects! I hope to become a part of this great community of ladies and gentlemen. :)

cheetahcalledchloe
11-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Hello, I really like this site :cheering: I am South African now living in Oklahoma. I have been knitting since I was a teenager (now mid 40's :oops: ) since coming to the States I had not picked up my needles once unitl a couple of weeks ago and then came searching for patterns which is how I found this site. I have to say this is THE FRENDLIEST place I have ever been to on the internet :cheering: You guys are great!!!!!!

KellyK
11-08-2005, 02:57 PM
WELCOME Kay and Chloe!! :waving:

(Chloe, haven't you been here for a little while already???)

rebecca
11-08-2005, 05:27 PM
My apologies :blush: ..I've not visited here in a long time (bad becka, bad becka). So, I want to say :waving: hello and welcome :D to all of the new people!!! I'm so excited at the prospect of getting to know so many new :XX: :XY: :X: friends!! HAPPY KNITTING

cheetahcalledchloe
11-08-2005, 09:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME Kay and Chloe!!

(Chloe, haven't you been here for a little while already???)

Yes, just a couple of weeks - didn't post a lot. : :blush:

Thanks for the welcome. :happydance: