PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

mamapaulsel
05-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi,
I'm mamapaulsel and I'm fairly new to knitting. I live in southeastern South Dakota with my husband and two daughters. Currently I am knitting a second pair of socks. This is a wonderful web site and I look forward to meeting other knitters and learning from all of you.

Braden
05-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the forum! Hope to you like it here! :cheering:

SEARCH THE BOARDS (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/search.php?/)

PalmettoGirl
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for awhile now & figured I might as well register. LOL.

I've been knitting for about a year and a half now. I have a Booga Bag on the needles now. I finished a baby blanket this past weekend. I'm working on another baby blanket, but this time I'm crocheting it.

I'm looking forward to meeting people here who understand the yarn addiction. :teehee:

Kathryn58
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty new to knitting--I haven't done it in years, but I've picked it up again, primarily because this site is so user-friendly. I do have a question (and pardon my ignorance): I've been knitting a scarf using the English method, and am ready to bind off which I've already done to the last loop. What do I do with the last loop to keep it from unraveling? Thanks!!

anuhea4
05-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi all,
I'm brand new to knitting and attempting to make some wool soakers (practicing on acrylic yarn though) for my soon to be born daughter (well, early July hopefully). I just have a question that I'm going to try find in the previous threads. I think everytime I pearl a row, I somehow increase the number of stitches. The pattern I'm doing calls for every other row to be pearled, so one side of my piece is getting wider and wider, but the other side is staying the same size. Any ideas or words of wisdom?
Thanks,
Malia

kimmeee
05-22-2007, 05:23 PM
:muah:i'm a newbie to this knitting craze. i'm taking a knitting class at the YMCA. plus i have this cool cd set. i love it. i want to knit so many things i don't know where to start. i'm a basic starter stitcher so i don't know too many stitches, but with everyone's help i will be an expert soon. i do many other crafts too many to mention. so anyone who wants to email me or talk to me please do. i can use all the advice i can get. :cheering:

anuhea4
05-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Never mind, I found the great sticky thread in the How To forum. Apparently this is a common problem :) I've got it all figured out. Thanks!

tessie
05-22-2007, 10:07 PM
I saw a beautiful necklace at a local store. It was made with I-chord stitch. I have the little machine that does i-chord. I have tried to do it with the machine and just stiching but their sample is pretty dense, it looks like they inserted something inside the i-chord so it is more dense and it looks a lot better, more sturdy as oposed to loose. Anyone knows how it was done? It has a large bead in the middle, it had shinny yarn... beautiful...

cadofe
05-23-2007, 01:21 AM
hi. I just found this site and already have found a solution to a knitting problem I have had with a particular pattern for years. I was looking for beginner how-to's for a needlecraft class I will be teaching at a local school in the fall. I realized I did not have any beginner books any more as the last time I was a beginner or taught another beginner was over 20 years ago. LOL I looked at the videos and will be getting those for my class. The class will be grades k-12.

I am a dsahm of 12 children. One of my kids has 3 legs, one has 6 feet, and one is human.

Braden
05-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Welcome to all of you! I can't wait for you to see what a great, friendly, and helpful community we are. I hope you like it here!

SEARCH THE BOARDS ([http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/search.php?/)

MommyMode
05-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry about that. I lost my introductory email. Anyway, I learned from this website last summer how to knit. It is fabulous and I absolutely love knitting. Amy, you have done a wonderful job with this website and its friendliness shows through. Look forward to meeting lots of knitters and mommys too!

fiberartisan
05-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a "lapsed" knitter; that is I learned to knit from my mom and knitted off and on in high school, college, and early married life, but then knitting gave way to calligraphy which gave way to folk art painting which gave way to quilting/crazy quilting/art quilting and there are so many quilters who knit I could no longer resist the temptation! I'm a leftie, but thanks to the videos on this site I realize I actually knit right-handed. Who knew?!

I'm literally starting from scratch - I have no idea where I stashed those needles and yarns from yesteryear - so I'm starting with a simple hat (Oregon Coast Hats from Alchemy) with their Silk Purse yarns and trying to master the art of double-point needles. Again, kudos for the videos on this site! I thought I would never get the hang of it until I realized (thanks to the video) that I was twisting the needles.

I'm sure I'll be spending a fair amount of time here!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-23-2007, 12:04 PM
welcome newbs!

fiberartisan, we have *lots* of quilters here too. Nothing like cross-crafting! :)

KatieLa
05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Hello everybody,

Your videos are just unbelievably awesome! They have really helped me take my extremely elementary knitting skills to the next level. I'm now happily engaged in two parallel projects (an afghan throw for mom and cable knit scarf for a close girlfriend) and plan to embark on cute wooly socks for my nieces later this summer.

I've been at it for just about five months now. My first project was a scarf for my boyfriend - the relationship didn't last but hey, at least it served one purpose! I'm a recovering career woman who walked away from a high-powered job in the investment industry two years ago and am finding more to love about life with each passing day. I'm thrilled to be a part of this community and looking forward to gaining helpful tips, wisdom and insights from all of you - and hopefully giving back in kind!

Warm wishes,
Katie Lamb

LYakavonis
05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm a new knitter and just happened upon this site. I'm very excited and glad to join experienced knitters!

Jkelley15
05-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Having a little trouble logging in here.
I am not a new knitter, but a new blogger on this site.
I knitted a lot when I was younger, even taught girls to knit in 4-H for a few years.
I took it up again last fall when my husband was going through treatment and received a bone marrow transplant. Knitting has helped me maintain my sanity. My problem at the moment is that I have developed tendonitis in my thumb and wrist area. My thumb keeps going numb. I am frustrated and anxious to get back to my projects.
I am so thrilled with the new interest in knitting and all the fantastic yarns available. Knitting has come a long way since I last made anything.

Doodknitwit
05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi,
thanks for the warm welcome. love knitting when I'm not working.. if I'm sitting, I'm knitting...

elvinap
05-23-2007, 07:00 PM
:think: Hi there..
I have crocheted a lot but am now learning to knit at 73 years of age!!! Quite a change... I have done lots of scarves and a few baby blankets in different stitches but nothing complicated yet. One of my first goals is making a layette set..

I am a VERY busy person so I don't get to the computer often... so be patient with me... Elvina

machugger
05-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I just love this site, it's been a wonderful resource for all my knitting questions!

I'm a occasional knitter who longs to really jump in. I've got a nicely sized stash of yarn that I love and want to use up, and about 7 projects going and none completed. I can't even seem to complete a scarf. I think I must be the laziest or most distracted person ever.

My biggest problem is tension, and I hope that when I can manage to knit more, the practice will help me loosen up and get more even with my stiches.

I also want to learn to crochet, just to stack another unused hobby on top of my sky high pile.

polkaqueen
05-23-2007, 07:32 PM
This an neat site. I joined yesterday and already received alot of good answer to my question. Thanks Elaine

mintdee
05-23-2007, 07:56 PM
:hug:
Welcome to everyone! We are very glad that you decided to join us :waving:

knitbunnie
05-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the KnittingHelp forum. My name is Bonnie, I'm a pediatric nurse throughout a children's hospital where I encourage coworkers to knit/crochet/sew for all our patients from premies to 21 year olds. I've taught a number of my coworkers how to knit.

I've been crocheting since I was 4 years old (1954) and knitting since I was 12 or 13. My mother taught me to crochet and my sister taught me to knit.

I teach classes at a local yarn shop and get paid in yarn. I meet the nicest people there. My current classes are 1. How to fix your mistakes, 2. The Lucy Bag (pattern from Two Old Bags) and 3. Continental Knitting with the project being a simple felted bag.

I'm always on the lookout for some good ideas for new classes to teach. I'd love to hear what all of you think your dream class would be.

Knit, knit, knit,

Bonnie in Toledo, Ohio

yarnpatch
05-23-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm a fan, Amy. Thanks for the site.

Is anyone knitting the corset shown on DIY this spring by Annie Modesitt? I'm about 8" into it and deeply admire and appreciate Annie's design skills, but I am a little concerned that the armholes might be a bit small because of my gauge. My DIL may get another of my handknitted sweaters!

This is my first post to this group and I'm looking forward to participating.

Yarnpatch in East Tennessee

Ingrid
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Welcome, everyone! This is the best forum there is!!!:cheering:

Braden
05-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Welcome, new members! Hope you like it here!

nadja la claire
05-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Welcome :waving: :hug:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

knewcaknitter
05-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Hello! I am fairly new to the site...and knitting overall. My aunt from PA taught me and for the longest time it was all scarves!

I am a 23 year old Californian...and love love love the site. It is so user friendly especially with all of the How-To videos!

Happy Knitting!
Jessica :muah:

JanKnit
05-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Hi!
My name is Janet (do you like the play on the name for my SN? lol)
I have wanted to learn to knit for a long time and finally just decided to stop waiting for someone to help me, and help myself. I picked up a "teach yourself to knit" kit at Wal-Mart but the book was ridiculous to understand. I couldn't figure out the cast on and even my DH had trouble getting it (and he's good with directions!).

So, I went to another forum I visit every day, asked around and was sent here. I learned to cast on in no time at all just by watching the video!

I am just doing a regular stockinette knit (is that what it's called?) right now and making a potholder - I think LOL - even if it doesn't really turn into anything I don't care. I've learned something new and I am HOOKED!

I hope it will be okay to be "needy" because I'll have lots of questions. But I'm a quick learner and look forward to the day when I can accomplish some of the awsome patterns I've seen (I'd love to do a knitted parasol for my teen girl :))

On a personal note:
I am 35 years old. I've been married for 18 years. We have 4 children ages 17, 15, 5, and 4.
I homeschool the youngest two and have given my teen girl the option if she wants to ... hs'ing her would be fun - she's a really cool kid :)

Anything else you want to know? Just ask me. I figure it's only fair since I'll be asking you all questions soon enough LOL

~Janet

hilstranter
05-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Hello, It's 24 May 07 and this is my first post. I'm in London and wondered if there are any other fans of your site in East Dulwich SE22...
Love the site, and the sharing ethos you all have.
I've been working too hard and m need of some knit therapy - hope to get rund to sharing some of my 'creations' soon!
Keep on knitting.
Hils

monika11352
05-24-2007, 05:51 AM
Good Morning, and thank you for the message. I could not remember that I did not introduce myself here, so I will do it now. My name is Monika, I am 55 years young, work full time and have been happily married to my husband John for 34 years. Between his, mine and ours, we have 5 children, 1 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. I knit and crochet both since I was a little girl and currently am on a dishcloth kick while I am riding a train to work, one of my at home projects is a shawl in 'grandma's favorite' pattern, as well as baby socks for my smallest granddaughter - she will be 1 year old next month. I look forward to meeting lots of new cyberfriends and hopefully learn some new things here.

pinaysosexy
05-24-2007, 08:01 AM
hi, im new here!

ive been watching the videos to learn how to knit and it's been very helpful.. i love knitting now!
thank you so much for this website.. :cheering:

my name is diane, ive always wanted to knit something for my baby and now i can after learning with the videos you have.. i just started a month ago and ive finished soakers, shorties and skirty for my daughter..

very excited to try your forum board.. :)

leedsfan
05-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi just joined the forum,been married for 21 years,2 sons age 21 and 14,i love knitting and have been knitting for 26 years,i suffer from depression and knitting helps me,look forward to chatting with you all.

Rosemarie5
05-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Hi My name is Rosemarie, I am a Grandmothe of 5. I love to knit, Crochet, and Cross Stitch. I have used this site hundreds of times. I am always amazed at the visual instructions and have learned many new stitches. I learned to knit and crochet at a young age and then life happened and I became to busy. After my mom died, I used the crafts she taught me as solace for my loss because she was the one who taught me. Now I cannot go one day without knitting, crocheting or doing some sort of craft. In fact I usually have 2 or 3 projects going at once. I read all the messages and its like have a coffee klach without leaving home. Thanks

mintdee
05-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Welcome everyone! Surf around the forum and join in the fun! We are an easy going group that I know you will enjoy :muah::hug::waving:

leedsfan
05-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Welcome everyone! Surf around the forum and join in the fun! We are an easy going group that I know you will enjoy :muah::hug::waving:

Thank you,so much to read,and its a busy forum.

mom232
05-24-2007, 09:28 AM
I :heart: this site. It has helped me a great deal in learning how to knit. I am self taught [w/help from this site]. I learned to knit about 4 months ago and of course I'm addicted! :thumbsup:

jncjnsn
05-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi Everyone:
I love this sight. I have used it many times and just found out about the forum a few days ago. I love to knit and crochet. I really love to knit socks.
I am a mother of five and a grandmother of 14. My husband and I married 3 years ago so my family grew leaps and bounds. We also have one very spoiled cat named Sami.
Thank you for a fantastic sight.
Janice

tlbgranny2000
05-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone.
I was kindly reminded that I had not posted or introduced myself. So, I'm a mom of 3, grandmother of 2 and half...None live near me and miss them all.
I had never had a desire to learn to knit until I met my husband. He wanted a "Dr. Who" scraf, sci-fi nut..so, I was falling in love and told him I would do it...Well, it took me one year and almost $600 to complete it, all made with Jo Sharp DK Wool, and seven different colors. He has not wore it once..lol..go figure :??...I will post a picture of it soon. I do however have a question as how to store it and perserve it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I have also knitted one other, much shorter, scraf. I'm almost finished with a sweater for myself and in process of knitting a baby blanket for new baby due in Nov this year.
Right before I learned to knit, I also learned how to crochet thru my mother..She had been trying for 30+ yrs to teach me..I'm a lefty and was hard to figure out. But I did and completed 5 queen size afghans, so I stay pretty busy.
But thats a brief intro to myself and my knitting/crocheting habits...Hope to meet others in the area, get me out of the house.

MoMoF_7
05-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Stacy from Knightdale, NC. I have five children four girls and one boy ages 15, 9, 2, and twin 15 month olds. And two stepsons 20, and 18, so total that makes seven kids altogether. I have been crocheting since I was 10 but taught myself to knit 5 years ago and I love it. I made my son a blanket, a sweater for myself, scarfs, slippers, and now I am working on a vest for my husband. I love making things for my family. And when I am not taken care for kids, I am studying. I went back to school to get my Associates in medical billing & Coding. That's why I love knitting, it's so relaxing at the end of the day. :knitting:

dancemom
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi guys, I have been browsing this site for a while, and finally decided to join. I love reading the posts and knowing that I am not the only one who makes mistakes in my knitting! :cheering:

Jan in CA
05-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Welcome to all the new members!

Take some time to look around at the different forums to see how we are set up. There are forums for questions, sharing, knit-a-longs etc. At the top of the forum there are some tabs that have videos, patterns, glossary, etc. There are sticky posts that offer helpful information on various topics at the top of each forum as well.

Feel free to ask questions if you need help. There is also a handy search feature that can give you a wealth of information from users who may have asked the same question when they were learning.
Search the forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/search.php)

In addition to the videos here in KH here's a few more helpful sites.
Lion Brand - Learn to knit (http://learntoknit.lionbrand.com/)
Knitting at Noon Videos (http://www.knittingatknoon.com/demos.html)

This will also help you out.
Forum Abbreviations (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8523&start=0)

Pink
05-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi!
I'm glad to find your site. I found it while looking for a hat pattern that I can knit while flying to the Czech Republic...about 13 hours...
I don't want to carry too much yarn but would like to have something to do when I tire of reading or sleeping. Thanks for the videos. I'm sure I will use them in the future.

joaniecomelately
05-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi, I'm a new member - today. This is a great site. I'm hear looking advice on cast on methods for linen. Which is the best? I hate the long tail cast on so I'm hoping I can bet by with the cable cast on.

cinders
05-24-2007, 04:32 PM
hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 44, happily maried with 3 kids and 2 cats! I returned to knitting 2 years ago to help with ill health and am hooked. I'm a yarnaholic although I've been ordered by he who must be obeyed to cool it for a while and finnish the 15 projects I have lined up.
I love knitpicks yarn and am very miffed that they dont post to the U.K! my little sis lives in Kingston ontario so she is my go between!
look forward to chating to you all.:happydance:

Gayle
05-24-2007, 04:40 PM
I was pleased tobe remembered--if only electronically:lol: The last time I posted, I was working on a wonderful sweater and had hopes of having it completed in time to take on our vacation to Vermont in June. However, we got a new kitten during that time (October, actually) and he decided that chewing on my circular needle connection tube and my gorgeous cotton yarn was the best thing in the world. Sadly, the sweater has been in storage since then, unfinished. I do hope to complete it next fall--at least, I hope Grover is over his chewing by then:pray: So, no sweaters or any other knitting for me yet. I am confined to the sewing machine. But, as soon as I am able, I will be back with tons of questions because I am not at all sure I will be able to pick up where I left off!

POLLI
05-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Hello Everyone,
I'm POLLI, I live in Massena, NY, about 10 minutes from the Canadain border. I learned to knit from my mom when I was a teenager, I'm a self taught crocheter. I retired about 5 years ago and have picked up my knitting needles. I'm trying my first lace knitting, I'm making the Clementine Shawlette from Interweave Knit magazine. Got my kit in th mail today.

StefannyJo
05-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I am a beginner, even though I taught myself to knit 3 years ago. Another baby came along and I found my hands full with 2 infants and work.
I decided to pick it back up to knit a friend a baby blanket. Then a cousin is pregnant and I want to knit her some wash clothes.

I found this website after I discovered I had forgotten how to cast on and bind off and I couldn't find my books!!! I love this site. I can't say how much I love this site.
Thank you!:heart:

Liliana
05-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi
I am new in this forum, I am a novice knitter and I have done many videos from this site and found them very helpfull. This is a very interesting forum to be in and I am very greatful that I can belong here.
Regards
Liiana

esiuol
05-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I have been knitting for over a year now and I love it. I look forward to making new friends and chatting with each of you.

klk69
05-24-2007, 06:43 PM
After hanging around this site for a few months and watching all the videos, I finally decided to join the forum. I'm looking forward to sharing information with everyone (well, I'll probably be mostly GETTING information, so thanks in advance!)

My son calls me the "knitting knerd" but he assures me that it's OK because "everyone's a nerd about SOMETHING, mommy!":thumbsup:

shanasmom
05-24-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm so glad I received a notice from the forum that I haven't posted lately. I have had the pleasure of getting people interested in knitting. My only problem is that I don't have enough time to knit and when I do, I get bored with anything larger than a bootie or sock. Completing a sweater is painful. Any suggestions? Thanks, Charlotte

professortyke
05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Hello everybody!
Wonderful site!
I'm brand new to knitting and this has helped so much. I am knitting a practice scarf, using sections of garter stitch and small sections of ribbing (k1p1). My question is: why does the yarn pull in at the ribbing sections? It doesn't happen immediately when I switch to ribbing, more like after I switch back to garter stitch I notice that the sections of ribbing kind of develop an hourglass shape. Does that make sense? Can anyone explain why this is happening? Am I doing something wrong? I'm knitting the knit stitches and purling the purl ones--except on the first row, of course, after I switch from garter st, when they're all knit stitches.

Thanks for your help!

Donna741
05-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Thank you for this great resource. I stumbled across a link to your site on another forum that I participate in.

I'm pretty new to knitting but am really enjoying it. So far I've mostly done scarves and beanie hats but I have some bootie patterns I'm going to try and I even started a blanket.

Ingrid
05-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Welcome, everyone!

Please join us in the other threads--more people will see your questions there and there is always someone happy to help.

Jeremy
05-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Welcome back. And welcome to all the new members.

Andrea
05-24-2007, 11:43 PM
A big welcome to our new members and a big "thanks" for our returning members!! Hope you all enjoy our updated forum!

:waving:

Jackie01
05-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I just want to say hi! This is my first blog. I love the website. I come here a lot. Never blogged but read them. I have been knitting for a little over a year now. I used to knit when I was a kid, my mother taught me. I knit and crochet. I like knitting better, but crochet is faster for me. I love the videos. They helped me a lot. I will be back with many questions.:heart:

jengi33
05-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi, I'm Jenny and I'm mama to 4 little ones. I'm learning how to knit using the great videos here! My mom has knit for years and for some reason never taught me! (she says I never wanted to learn ;) ) Anyhow, we are having fun together with all the knitting stuff now! My goal is to make my 10 month old a pair of soakers and shorties. I have some lovely yarn I bought on Hyena Cart and am just waiting to get the right sized needles!

momto3sweetbabes
05-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Hello! I just got the hang of this knitting thing and I'm searching for easy ideas for a first (well, second if you count my scarf) project.

Braden
05-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Welcome to our new members!

Krissinator
05-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey all!

I'm 18 and in VA, and I taught myself knitting around X-mas of '07. I got a kit from Costco but didn't like the yarn because it was hard to use, so I then discovered the wonderful world of a yarn store!
I just want to say that it's been really fun, I love being able to make things out of just a ball of yarn. And I can knit while my friend crochets! My motto for yarn is the softer the better, but I have a tendency to starts projects then get a cool idea for another and start it, leaving many projects unfinished
Thanks!

Braden
05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Welcome! Hope you like it here, there are tons of friendly people.

turtlegirl76
05-25-2007, 11:16 AM
I suppose I should get with the introductions. :D I registered ages ago when someone here linked to the tutorial (http://turtlegirl76.com/free-patterns/) on my blog (http://turtlegirl76.com)for how to make a pattern row marker. I'm a regular over on the knittyboards (http://knittyboard.com)and really don't spend much time elsewhere. I have nearly 200 blogs on my blogroll to keep up with! I rediscovered this board yesterday, like several others I've seen, when I was kindly reminded that it'd been a while since I posted. I'm glad I came back to check it out! I'll be spending more time here in the future.

bertamom
05-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi there - I found this site and have been using the videos to help me with learning to knit -- it's a BIG help for me to see the stitches being made! Written descriptions are ok, but these videos are SO much easier for me!

I must have learned to knit many years ago (can't recall when or how!, and picked it up again right before Christmas '05. It really helped with my stress level thru the holidays --everyone got nice scarves for Christmas that year! :lol:

I'm pretty much a beginner - scarves, hats, several prayer shawls, etc. Am going to sign up for a knitting class this summer thru my local park & rec - would love to move up into clothing (vests, socks, maybe sweaters) but when I read a pattern, it scares me! Think I just need some encouragement --

Roberta

Braden
05-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome Roberta and Welcome Back, TurtleGirl! Hope you like it here.

FloridaGirl
05-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Howdy everyone!

Very glad to be here. What an awesome place, huh? I've learned a bunch from the videos. They've helped me move past scarves and I'm doing my first sweater now!! Yay for me! I will consider myself a beginner until I can knit up a pair of socks. DPN's scare me like no horror movie ever could! LOL.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

lilyriver
05-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Hello,
I've ended up at this forum a few times doing searches about different knitting techniques, so I thought I'd bite the bullet and register. I'm happy to be here -- it seems like a great community.
I've been knitting for a few years, but I just started grad school and now I've realized how great crafting can be for destressing and avoiding schoolwork...
I hope you all don't mind one more newbie!
Right now I'm off to do a search for some threads about edging techniques so I can take advantage of the collective knitting wisdom here.
Thanks!

Braden
05-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome, FloridaGirl and Lily! You're gonna love it here!

Jeremy
05-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Welcome and welcome back to everyone.
Floridagirl check out Silver's sock tutorial
http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Intro.htm

Bertamom check out the pattern forum

Momto3sweetbabes check out Amy's free pattern section for ideas.:thumbsup:To everyone.

Bituminous
05-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Hello Fellow Knitters,

I have been roaming around this site for a while and the bug bit me to finally introduce myself.

Four years ago I had the urge to learn knitting and taught myself with the help of a book. At the moment I love to knit gloves.
Wow, nothing can surpass custom knit gloves for a gift to another or even yourself. Working fingers are a great time. :)

Glad that there are so many of us and hope KnittingHelp.com's population continues to increase with talented knitters.
Thanks for all of the educational info.

Braden
05-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the forum! Hope you like it here!

LynnH
05-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi all!
My name is Lynn, and I am new to knitting. I learned how to knit years ago, only how to cast on, knit and purl. I do not know how to make anything, count stitches or any other extra things. I have been crocheting for about 25 years and have lots of experience, but I really want to knit things for my grandbaby, and I will need lots of help!

I love all kinds of needlework and sewing. I am a quilter also, so I would love to hear if any of you are quilters.

Lynn:happydancing:

likestoknit
05-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi, I really enjoy this site. I've learned so much from it, in a short period of time. I will visit often. Thanks, and keep up the GOOD WORK!

Vendie
05-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I haven't been in this thread for a long time, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello and wish all the new members a warm welcome! :waving:

Angi
05-25-2007, 10:14 PM
I've used this site a few times to puzzle out how to do things, and I think I just noticed that there was a forum. And it's a pleasure to be here.
My name is Angela, and I've been knitting for only about 3 years; crocheting for 30. You can probably guess which is my favorite.:doh:

Anyway, I've been enjoying reading some of the posts, so decided to delurk and actually sign up.
Hello again!

Braden
05-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Welcime, new members!!!

Cyriousbusiness
05-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi there :)

You have a great site - happy to be here :lol:

J

Braden
05-25-2007, 11:19 PM

knottyknitter
05-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Love the website. The videos are so helpful, I am a thrower and I have been trying to learn continental. The knit stitch in continental is pretty easy, but the purl stitch has been a challenge for me.

I learned to knit about 2 years ago after joining a SnB group. I only knew how to crochet when I joined the group which is wonderful.

:knitting:Jen

KnitNut
05-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm grateful for the videos on this site, they've been a big help to me. :cheering: I've been knitting for almost two years, but just finished my first sweater. Now I'm completely hooked on knitting and am starting a summer top this weekend. After that I have a cable sweater pattern picked out.

sultana
05-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Hi,
I am still active in the forum, but another mail adress, first time i used my both mail adresses, because my account was not active, ofcourse i was not active, because i was in pakistan and sometimes i cann't sit by the reason of my back problem. Today is i am also not feeling well. I hope you will understand now , but i will like to tell about me some other time when i will be compleatly get health.
:muah:

kanitter
05-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi!

This is the first time I have visited here. I use the knitting help videos alot! I love to knit and have been doing so for many years off and on, but since I am retired now---I always have a project or six going! I'm really into socks right now and having a good time. I will try to stop in more often.
Kanitter
:knitting:

KnittingNat
05-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Welcome everybody!!!

miles
05-26-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm a former newbie who got disappointed with all my mistakes so I quit (foolishly) knitting for awhile. I LOVE this site and the videos are so helpful and simple to understand...I'm gonna give it the "never-say-die" try again..lol

tootie44
05-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone...I've been lurking here for a while, even done a few knit alongs. I have mostly been doing socks lately, but I am working on the On Deck Pullover right now.

I think the videos are the BEST!!!!

Braden
05-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Welcome to our 5 new members! :waving:

losnana
05-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Welcome all! This site is fantastic, and everyone is always happy to help.

Jeremy
05-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Welcome everybody.
Hang in there Miles. There are a lot of people anxious to help you succeed.
Kanitter and Tootie- a lot of sockknitters here. Look for Rebecca especially Also look in the Knit alongs for those people doing Silver's sock tutorials.

Feel better Sultana:hug:
KnitNut-good luck with the cable sweater.
knottyknitter- I switched to Continental knitting using the videos here. Hang in there, its worth it. Also, lots of good threads on this subject can be found by using the search feature.:thumbsup:

coffeeandknitting
05-26-2007, 11:58 PM
This is a great site. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of the members.

Braden
05-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Welcome, coffeeandknitting! Hope you like it here!

amccaffery
05-27-2007, 02:13 AM
My name's April - very new knitter. I started just a couple of months ago and am currently on my second project. I'm a single mom, two girls, and we live in L.A. I never thought of myself before as someone who would enjoy knitting. I started because my 9-year-old daughter wanted to learn so I went to a class for me to learn how to teach her. She's still not knitting regularly, but I am nearly every day! Thanks to Amy and everyone else here. Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Braden
05-27-2007, 02:19 AM
Welcome, April! Trust me, you'll love it here, and I promise if you have any questions, somebody will answer. Hope you enjoy it here.

myosotis
05-27-2007, 04:22 AM
Hello!
I`m new to the list and I want to say first, I love wool since my childhood, I like knitting, felting, free stitching, handdyeing my own yarns and wool....and I`m very happy to find this list!
The "one-row-buttonholes"-video is one of my highlights, I`ve knitted the moebius-wrap from wollmeise.blogspot.com, it`s great!
Now, I`m surching for a lace-pattern, to knit a raglan-pullover, top-down with a big neckline for summer, anyone help me?? I`m not sure, how it works....:shrug:
Greetings from Germany and happy knitting,
Marion :X:

Jeremy
05-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Welcome April and Marion:hug:
Marion, there is a forum here called Pattern Central that will help you with finding a good pattern for that sweater. I copied your post and put it there. Go have a look to see if anyone has any ideas for you.:thumbsup:

sylvia
05-27-2007, 08:55 AM
hi
i am sorry that i didnt introduce my self right away
i am really new to the computer and new to blogging on forums
i am a grandmother
i live in toronto canada
i love to knit and crochet
i do a lot of charity afghans and hats etc.
just bought the ultimate sweater machine
not to knit sweaters because i knit in the round
but i wanted to make afghans and scarfs for charity
and guess what i cant get started on it
the carriage jams
i am going for a lesson or 2 next thursday
hate it when they dont proved proper instructions
lets see
thats about it
oh and i dont knit for my grandaughters
because if it hasnt got a label from the gap
they wont wear it
the littlest is 6 and loves whatever i make for her
smart girl
she will get anything she wants from me
sylvia

dustinac
05-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Welcome everyone!! :woot:

valtaylor
05-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Hi! I'm a new member to you site, and am hoping I can find some instruction for adding beads to the socks I'm knitting. I'm taking a class, but can't remember how to place the pre-strung beads -- my teacher does not use a crochet hook, and I don't remember her slipping a stitch, either.

momtoKs
05-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Just wanted to say hi! I've come in search of some advice on my first knit in the ound project for my youngest DD. So don't be surprised if you see me lurking =)

Jeremy
05-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Welcome everyone:hug::heart:

Val, I copied your post to the how to section. Look there to see some answers. The title of the thread relates to beaded socks.

Momtoks, don't be afraid to ask for advice, we're here to help. The how to section is a good place to start as well as Amy's videos.

mmepinky
05-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Thank you for this great site. I love that you can watch the video.
That helps me so much. This is my first time on and I need 'hat help!" I can't figure out how to knit a hat.....If you sew it at the end or you knit a tube that gets narrower at the top?

mmepinky

Braden
05-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Welcome! Hope you like the forum!

sandradin
05-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Am not sure about "threads" and things in a forum so I hope I'm doing this right and putting it the right place. My name is Sandra and I'm so new to this knitting thing but am having a blast. I have received so much benefit from this website. It's fun. I just want to do it all the time. The simple (?) pattern I'm currently using is a cool little scarf. The directions tell me to "K, dropping extra loop." :?? I can't find anything on this on the site or in any of my books. Which is the extra loop and how do I drop it? Thanks for your help. This look like a fun forum. I will learn how to do it too.

Braden
05-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Welcome, Sandra! Maybe you could try posting your question in the 'How to Section'. Hope you like it here!

laurie1176
05-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Glad to be part of this group. I just happened on to the site while trying to find tips for knitting 2 sleeves at once (specifically - tips for keeping the 2 balls of yarn from becoming tangled). I'm a bit frustrated, however. There are several results of my search for "2 sleeves at once" that look promising, but the links seem to take me to a generic page with a bunch of posts by topic, rather than to something specific about my question. What am I doing wrong?

Braden
05-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Welcome, Laurie. Basically, you're casting on for one sleeve with one ball of yarn, placing a marker, and casting on for the second sleeve with the second ball of yarn. Then, you follow the directions for both sleeves, working the sleeves one row at a time. And, the balls of yarn will get tangled, unless you put then in ziplock bags.

Jeremy
05-27-2007, 05:25 PM
[quote=mmepinky;864459]Thank you for this great site. I love that you can watch the video.
That helps me so much. This is my first time on and I need 'hat help!" I can't figure out how to knit a hat.....If you sew it at the end or you knit a tube that gets narrower at the top?

You can actually do it either way. You can knit in the round and do the decreases at the end in the round, then pull the thread through the remaining stitches like this pattern found here in the pattern site.
http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt01.htm

or you can knit back and forth and then do the decreases on either side and then seam it together.

Really glad you found your way here. There is a how to section you might find helpful as well as a pattern section. Don't be afraid of posting in the "wrong" section, we're not fussy.:hug:

Jeremy
05-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Am not sure about "threads" and things in a forum so I hope I'm doing this right and putting it the right place. My name is Sandra and I'm so new to this knitting thing but am having a blast. I have received so much benefit from this website. It's fun. I just want to do it all the time. The simple (?) pattern I'm currently using is a cool little scarf. The directions tell me to "K, dropping extra loop." :?? I can't find anything on this on the site or in any of my books. Which is the extra loop and how do I drop it? Thanks for your help. This look like a fun forum. I will learn how to do it too.
We're very happy to have you here. Welcome. I sent a copy of your post over to the "How To" section so take a look there to see some answers. I'll also take a crack. It sounds like you are making a drop stitch pattern where there are long strings between sections of solid knitting. To get this the pattern often asks you to do a series of yarn overs in the first row and then when you come to those stitches in the next row they get taken off the needles just like they fell off, in other words, you take them off and don't knit them. Hope this helps.
P.S. I saw too late that you had already posted there so I took the copy I sent over down. Good Luck.

Jeremy
05-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Welcome Laurie. Good thing we have a sweater ace like Contiknitter around.

Braden
05-27-2007, 06:13 PM
:aww: Thanks, and welcome to our new members!

elbutters
05-27-2007, 06:32 PM
:cheering:
This is by far the best knitting site i have ever seen. Im glad i found you guys.

Braden
05-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Welcome! This is the best knitting forum around, by far! Hope you like it here!

aly70
05-27-2007, 09:43 PM
I was frantically needing help in learning the bar increase, and I learned it by watching one of your videos!!

bttldblndegrl
05-27-2007, 10:49 PM
I've been knitting for about 3 years. I am very lucky to have a wonderful Knit Shop in my town. I am working on a project and I need help. I would just pop on down the the shop in the morning, but I'm thinking she will be closed for the Holiday and I know that you all will understand my frustration if I have to wait till Tuesday to get help. I am working on the Cotton Candy Jacket in the BH&G's Hip Knits book. I am ready to start the left front of the jacket, but I am stuck on the cast on part. I don't know that I know how to cast on to stitches I have on the stitch holder. Picking up stitches I can do. This I'm not sure how to do. Can anyone help?

Braden
05-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Welcome, to our 2 new members! Hope you like it here, and bttldblndegrl, I'm sure a moderater will be along shortly to move your post to the How To section, where I'm sure you'll get more responses. But, don't worry about posting in the wrong forum, a moderator or admin will move it, no worries! :thumbsup: Anyway, welcome to our very friendly community!

hunterjenn
05-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I've been knitting for about 3 years. I am very lucky to have a wonderful Knit Shop in my town. I am working on a project and I need help. I would just pop on down the the shop in the morning, but I'm thinking she will be closed for the Holiday and I know that you all will understand my frustration if I have to wait till Tuesday to get help. I am working on the Cotton Candy Jacket in the BH&G's Hip Knits book. I am ready to start the left front of the jacket, but I am stuck on the cast on part. I don't know that I know how to cast on to stitches I have on the stitch holder. Picking up stitches I can do. This I'm not sure how to do. Can anyone help?
:thinking: I have the Hip Knits book...I wonder where it is? Anyway, what are you having trouble with? Casting on more stitches after you've started knitting?

Jan in CA
05-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Welcome to the KH everyone!

Take some time to look around at the different forums to see how we are set up. There are forums for questions, sharing, knit-a-longs etc. At the top of the forum there are some tabs that have videos, patterns, glossary, etc. There are sticky posts that offer helpful information on various topics at the top of each forum as well.

Feel free to ask questions if you need help. There is also a handy search feature that can give you a wealth of information from users who may have asked the same question when they were learning.
Search the forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/search.php)

In addition to the great videos here in KH here's a few more helpful sites.
Lion Brand - Learn to knit (http://learntoknit.lionbrand.com/)
Knitting at Noon Videos (http://www.knittingatknoon.com/demos.html)
http://www.knitpicks.com/Content/index.php

Knitting Pixie
05-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Hi, just joined and want to say what a great site
I am off to browse the boards.. :)

jgal
05-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Hi - another forum newbie here. I am from Adelaide South Australia, and have been knitting since I was a child. Knitting time was always special bonding time with Nanna, and being able to knit is one of the best presents anyone has ever given me (thanks Nan!). I mostly knit things for my 18m old son, but have started on a jumper for me - the second adult knit jumper I have ever made, just because I have no patience! But it's a quick knitting Lamb's Pride so I might get there this year. If I don't start too many other smaller projects in the meantime... LOL

Jeremy
05-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Welcome:hug:

Braden
05-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Welcome, everybody! :hug:

color2queen
05-28-2007, 08:05 PM
What a helpful site. I used to knit like a fiend and have gone back to the craft after at least a twenty year hiatus. I find this site really useful as a refresher course for some of the things I've forgotten.
Now that my second daughter is expecting her first child I'm knitting for the new little one and really enjoying it.
I am also an avid rubberstamper and have over two thousand rubber stamps and a craft room to work in.
I've suffered with arthritis for many years and my hobbies are what keep me "relatively" sane.
I'm currently searching this site for help in making bobbles on a little sweater.
Color2queen

barbieDoll
05-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi, I am new to knitting. I'm self taght. Someone said I knit english style. I've been making scarves for a year now. I would like to try a top. Maybe more. I need all the help I can get.
Thank you Barb:hug:

enthusiastic novice
05-28-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm Donna from England and look forward to getting to know you, mostly am looking forward to learning from all you experienced knitters!
:thumbsup:

My knitting urges come in fierce waves, I rarely complete anything and am still at Absolute Beginner level. Although I'm getting to grips with simple cable and colour changes and other Advanced (for me) techniques, at the moment I am having some trouble which I'll post about elsewhere!

Jeremy
05-28-2007, 09:38 PM
What a helpful site. I used to knit like a fiend and have gone back to the craft after at least a twenty year hiatus. I find this site really useful as a refresher course for some of the things I've forgotten.
Now that my second daughter is expecting her first child I'm knitting for the new little one and really enjoying it.
I am also an avid rubberstamper and have over two thousand rubber stamps and a craft room to work in.
I've suffered with arthritis for many years and my hobbies are what keep me "relatively" sane.
I'm currently searching this site for help in making bobbles on a little sweater.
Color2queen
Welcome to the forum:hug: I'm going to copy your post to the how to section and perhaps someone can help you there. I'm actually sitting here taking a break from knitting bobbles myself so if you have a pattern that you're working from let us know.

Jeremy
05-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome everyone.:hug:
Barbiedoll have a look in the Pattern section of the forum for ideas for new projects. There is a sticky there with lots of sites with free patterns.

Braden
05-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Welcome, everybody!

wendyh
05-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm Wendy and I live on Cape Cod, MA. I love to knit. I'm mostly self-taught and always seem to want to knit something that requires me to learn a new technique. Now I'm searching for help with 2-color knitting for a project that I want to felt.
I'm sure I'm going to like it here. It seems like a busy and helpful place. Thanks for letting me join. - Wendy

redmom37
05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
hi all:hug:
this site is great! I am a new knitter & going to need lots of help
looking forward to chatting with you :muah:

Jeremy
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Welcome to both of you.:hug: Don't be afraid to dive right in.

Braden
05-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Welcome, you two! Hope you like it here, this is a very nice community!

myhobby
05-29-2007, 12:45 AM
hi everyone
This is my first post
have a good day!
enjoy:happydance:

Braden
05-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Welcome, myhobby! Hope you like it here. Take a look around and see what a friendly community we are here!

Amethypi
05-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi, I'm Gwen in Kansas. I joined this forum awhile back but hadn't posted yet. I got an email reminding me that I hadn't posted yet, so I thought I would. I've knit off and on since I was 9. This time, I've been knitting regularly since February 2006. I like to make sweaters, but struggle to get them to fit correctly. I've made one pair of socks and want to make more.

I'm the Organizer for my local Knit in Public Meetup group. We meet as often as possible, sometimes twice a week. I'm so lucky to have a great group of knitters to socialize with.

Jeremy
05-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Welcome to everyone.:hug:

C&CsMommy
05-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Joy and I live in Ottawa, ON, Canada
(Go Sens Go!:cheering:)

I have a wonderful husband, Mike and two amazing boys, Connor 5, and Colson 3, plus my two furbabies Magnum, Newfoundland and Brandy, Golden Retreiver.

I've been knitting for a while now and have recently started felting. I love it all. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

JOy

Jeremy
05-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Welcome :hug:

ashewindwalker
05-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi there!

My name is Alison. I first learned to knit when I was around 8 or 9, but never felt the need to do much with it until I had my first child 4 years ago. Never finding the time or the energy to put into it until recently, I've got a few unfinished projects floating around.

I'm married with three children: Kathleen, 4; Jessica, 2; Mikael, 1 and, of course, my husband Tims.

I don't really know much about knitting other than how to do the basic garter stitch and purling, so this website is going to be very helpful.

Braden
05-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Welcome! :hug: Hope you like it here. Take a look around the different boards and see how we're set up. This is a very friendly, helpful community.

sheilaksp
05-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Just a quick intro, I have been knitting for 35+ years and I thought I was a pretty decent knitting now I am learning to spin! I have decided it was time I take my knitting more serious so I joined the Knitter's Guild and I am starting with their beginners course and hope to get to the master course in knitting. Now I have found out that I have been doing things maybe not the wrong way, but not the right way! So I am working on my knitting skills to better them.
Sheila Piasecki

Braden
05-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Welcome! I'm about to do the Master Knitting course too! Hope you like it here!

LibraryLady
05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi all,

I found this website researching a school project.

I'm an experienced seamstress/tailor/designer and a novice knitter, so the research benefited me also... :happydance:

Hoping to learn lots with what little spare time I have. :(

Thanks for setting up this website, it is simply impressive.

LL

sheista
05-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Hello!
I am a relatively new knitter and have visited knittinghelp several times, but just located this forum today.
Looking forward to learning from you and chatting with you.

Braden
05-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Welcome again, LibraryLady ;) and sheista! Hope you like browsing all the different boards! We're a very friendly community, hope you like the forum!

abunchofus
05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
wow - great site!

I'm christi - we live in the midwest! I'm mostly knitting and crocheting shorts and pants for our new baby!

Jeremy
05-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Welcome everyone. :hug:

levismom
05-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi, I'm Heather from WV, have been knitting for just a few days over a year now but am hooked. I'm just finishing up my third pair of socks and am busy collecting and building my stash-I can't knit from my stash yet because there is hardly any yarn in it! I have yet to knit an entire sweater but have done several scarves and some wrist warmers. Looking forward to learning from this great bunch of knitters.

Jeremy
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Welcome:hug:

Braden
05-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Welcome, everybody!

WandaT
05-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi all - my name is Wanda and I found this forum a couple of weeks ago. Life is hectic right now so I don't know how often I'll be able to check back, but I certainly love what I see already! My mom taught me to crochet when I was 7 or 8 and I've enjoyed that on and off throughout the years. I tried to learn knitting a few years ago and just couldn't get it for the life of me. I returned to my hook and enjoyed working on projects for about another year before picking up my needles once again. It really bugged me that I let it beat me, ya know? LOL Anyway, after lots of practice (wash and dish cloths), swearing, frogging, etc. I was finally beginning to feel more comfortable with it. I've since made knit felted purses and bags, scarves, afghans, etc. Lace knitting is on my to do list, but I haven't actually started a project yet. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing projects.

Wanda T

janick
05-30-2007, 10:46 AM
HI there, I am in West Yorkshire in England, and was told about the site by a friend who has just found this site (enthusiastic beginner!) I knitted quite a while ago when my kids were small, but have started knitting again after my daughter found out she was expecting her first baby, (my husband is complaining about 'woolley cough lol!) I have knitted mainly baby stuff, but had a go at a jumper which didn't come out so well, but the last thing I knitted was a teddy which I am quite pleased with, also have on the go a shaker style throw, for my grandaughter, different squares, and am embroidering the alphabet on it.
I am 52 this year, married with 2 grown up kids, son 32 and daughter 30 this year, have 3 g/kids from my son, and a grandaughter expected in September, and 2 stepsons and 2 step-grandaughters.I work as a lunchtime supervisor at the local school, 3 days a week :muah::muah::muah:

Stefany
05-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Stefany and I am a SAHM to a gorgeous little boy named Johnny. I am a beginner knitter, with a few projects under my belt. (If I could get short rows under control I would consider myself intermediate though). ;) I have mostly made things for my son but am currently making a striped blanket for my cousin who is due with her baby in August. Anyways, I love the site... and just what I need, more FSOT to break the bank! LOL

Braden
05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Welcome, Janik and Stefany! Hope you like it here, we're a very friendly community, and if you have any questions, we're also very helpful. Hope you like it here! :hug:

Jeremy
05-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Welcome.:hug: By the way, if you know what short rows are you are well on your way to being an intermediate knitter.:lol:

pipercat99
05-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi,
I have been using knittinghelp for a long time now and never thought to join the forum! So here I am!

I'm 38, live in the SF Bay area and took up knitting in 2001 when I quit smoking (I knew I had to have my hands doing something or I would go crazy)! I discovered this site when I started knitting lace and have been coming back ever since. Thank you so much for all of the help you have given me over the years!!

Regards,
Lizzie

Braden
05-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Welcome!

Jeremy
05-30-2007, 02:17 PM
We're glad you joined Lizzie. Keep coming back.:hug:

Avalon
05-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey! I've been using the site for a couple of weeks now. I'm pretty new to knitting so I'm sure I'll be around pretty often. It's a great site. Thanks for all the great resources!

Traci :)

supersteph
05-30-2007, 04:09 PM
HI everyone :lol: My name is steph and I'm a new knitter :) This site has been very helpful so far!!

Blendab
05-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Thank you for this wonderful site!! I have used the video's before to help me with certain things but I have finally decided to join the forums as well!!
I look forward to all the help and inspiration!!

sarchan
05-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Hello! I stumbled into these forums looking for tips before I started my latest project, and that helped me be successful in knitting up my first Pasha Penguin, who turned out very cute I think. :)

Braden
05-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Welcome! There's a place here where you can post pictures of Pasha. Hope you like it here!

stirsmommy
05-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi
Melissa here. When we moved to MN a few months ago I joined a knitting group to get to know people. I went the first night knowing how to cast on knit and purl. I couldn't een bind off and hadn't even tried to knit since I was a girl. After the first meeting I was excited but couldn't remember a thing. I did remember that one of the ladies on the homeschooling board I read had suggested this site. It saved me. So far I have knitted a couple of scarves, a pair of slippers and now have a cottage creations wallaby on my needles. Even my eleven year old daughter has picked up sticks after watching the videos.
Now if I can get throug all of the boxes sitting in our new house hopefully I will finish the wallaby and post pictures
Melissa

4429club
05-30-2007, 09:16 PM
I have referred to this site for years. I discovered it one sleepless night when hot flashes made my #3 double pointed needles hair ornaments to get my hair off my neck. I recently sent the link to this site to a person I had not seen since our girls were in high school. Mostly I wanted her to read the wonderful and beautifully written bio by our site creator and send it to her daughter who has had a bumpy journey. Now, I am stumped by a pattern with no name, no heritage. It is just a copy of a pattern for a sweater I started years ago. I never write on patterns and so this piece of paper is an orphan with no history. I have the front and back of this little sweater done. The yarn, needles, and pattern were in a tiny stuff sack. I would like to finish myUFO's before I buy another skein of yarn. Can anyone tell me how to do the twists in a cable when the instructions are T2R and T2L?
Thanks, 4429club

Braden
05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the forum!

4429club-
T2R (twist two right)- slip 2 stitches to a cable needle and hold at the back. Knit 2 stitches from the left needle, and then 2 from the cable needle.

T2L (twist two left)- slip 2 stitches to a cable needle and hold in the front. Knit 2 from the left needle and then the 2 from the cable needle. The different holds create the different cable twists.

Hope you like it here!

BTW- There is a section specifically for questions, and you would get many more responses there. :thumbsup:

PammieJR
05-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Hello ALL!

I have been to this website I don't know how many times since I discovered it about a year ago and just tonight I noticed there was a message board (smacks forehead)..oh well, I'm here now!!

My name is Pam and I am 33 years old...I am an archaeologist and a new transplant to the San Diego area! I have been knitting for about 12 years now and I am totally ADDICTED!

My mom has even coined a phrase for it...one time when I was in town visiting her, I actually...are you ready...had NO knitting projects with me! I know, and it was awful..we actually had to make a trip to the yarn store to get some yarn and needles so I could work on something. She called it having the "Knitter Jitters." I no longer travel without my knitting...

Anyway, I am sure I will enjoy talking to you all and I am trying intarsia for the first time... so I bet I am going to have some questions, too!

Jeremy
05-31-2007, 12:24 AM
Welcome. I think you are our first archeologist but I could be wrong. We have just about every other occupation represented. So glad you joined.:hug:

Char52
05-31-2007, 01:47 AM
This is my first time here...I am a pretty new sock knitter. Just finished my first pair. AM going to Petaluma next week to hear the yarnharlot. Looking forward to hearing her speak

worthy
05-31-2007, 09:09 AM
I knitted many years ago and started again about 3 years ago! I have 3 granddaughters who have been the talk of their town with their knitted hats. I love knitting for them. I am now making socks for myself as well as a sweater.

smokeyp81
05-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi all!

I really am not new....I have lurked here for a really looooong time. I just decided to post for the first time!

My name is Heather and I am 44 years old. I am married to Mark and have no children....unless you count my 7 year old chocolate lab Madison!

I have been knitting for a few years. I have knitted everything from scarves, socks, ft clogs....I have yet to attempt my first sweater though.....maybe this fall.

I am really glad to be here!

Braden
05-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Welcome, everybody!

Jeremy
05-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Welcome everyone. We're glad you "came in from the cold":hug:
I just saw Yarn Harlot last night. She was wonderful and well worth the effort to get there.

CWare1124
05-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi,

I was surprised to see the message that I had never posted to the forum before (thought I had .

I've been knitting for just over a year now. Some of the first items I made were placed in the donation box, because I just couldn't bear to throw that much work away. Poor yarn choice, lack of experience, etc. just led to items that were just unwearable for me. Had more luck when knitting for others.

I love this craft! KIP at any opportunity. Currently only have one WIP and I'm really struggling with it (Knitpicks bow tie pattern for my DH). Size 1 needles, fine yarn (KnitPicks Palette), and the shaping. Whew! If it's not done by Father's Day, maybe I can shoot for Christmas!

Braden
05-31-2007, 03:24 PM

kaplooeymom
05-31-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm Leah, returning to knitting after a 5 yr hiatus (and a coupla kids). I'm amzed at the online presence of knitting. I keep saying I never have to buy another pattern book again....

Jeremy
05-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the Forum.:hug:

roseann48
05-31-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi all. I'm new to this Board but have been using the great videos for a while. THey are real life-savers!!

Roseann48

Braden
05-31-2007, 07:42 PM
Welcome! Hope you like it here! :waving:

annieklas
05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi-
I'm new to the knitting forum. Hello out there. I'm a beginner, of course and was so glad to find the simple videos on cast on, purl & knit - I couldn't remember anything from when I started 2 years ago. Why? I got married and had a baby, so I didn't touch the knitting till now! I'm starting with a little pirate for my 14 month old. Hope I finish by the time he's 2!

Knitting in Pink
05-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi, I'm new here, too. I've checked out a few of the videos in my still-young knitting life, but hadn't had a chance to read the forums until the past few days. Everything and everyone is so helpful!

I have a yarn store that I am already nearly at home with, went tonight after work to knit a couple of hours. I'm very much a beginner. Have finished one halter top for one of my girls (age 4), have started a cupcake from One Skein, have a felted purse started, and, of course, the dishcloth I very first started on and still haven't finished. I have to make another halter top asap so the girls can wear them. Next I'm going to start a cute cap for the girls from the Handknits for Kids book. :)

Jeremy
05-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Welcome. Its great to have you both.:hug:

blueeyes
06-01-2007, 12:45 AM
hi iam new iam wanting to learn how to knit i hope someone from here can help me my name is connie iam disabled and sit at home all the time i am 45 years old i thought i could learn to knit and it would help me some to pass time and i could make gifts for my family and friends i want to learn it all from casting on to all other knitting so if anyone could help me i would appricate it oh iam in ga

connie

Braden
06-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Welcome! There are many videos here that will help you learn how to knit. I would begin with #8, 24" circulars, with fairly flexible cables, and WOOL yarn. The reason I suggest circulars is so you can knit in the round and flat. Some books you might like are:

-The Knitter's Bible
-Any Barbara Walker Treasury (series of 4 large stitch dictionaries)
-Vogue Stitchionary Volume I
-The Sweater Workshop (best book ever). This book will get you started calculating your own, knit-in-the-round (seamless) sweaters in whatever yarn, needles, and gauge you like. Great Book.

Some websites you might like are:

-Lion Brand (for instructions, free patterns, tips, and stitches) (http://www.lionbrand.com/)

-Knitting Wisdom (stitches and patterns (http://www.KnittingWisdom.com/)

-Knit Picks (http://www.KnitPicks.com/)

~Happy Knitting!

losnana
06-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Welcome, welcome! i think the videos here are a great way to start. Good luck.

Plantgoddess+
06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi, I haven't posted before, but made several visits. I'm a long time winter time knitter. It's great to see such an active knitters community online. I don't know any other knitters locally so it will be nice to visit online with fellow knitters. I'm glad to see such a resurgance in interest in younger people as well as oldtimers such as myself.

Jean_B
06-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi, I've never posted here before but this site is my 'go-to' place for knitting help!
I've been knitting simple projects for a couple of years, having taken a few knitting lessons over 30 years ago, but quit after a short time when life got in the way. Recently I completed my first lace shawl using KnitPicks lace merino. Now, I feel like an intermediate knitter and have almost completed Vermont Fiber's Ribbed Openwork Tank using SWTC bamboo. Learning new techniques and buying more yarn!
I am 68 yrs old, live in Central Texas with my husband of 50 ys, have 3 children, 6 grands and 2 great grands.
Thanks for all the help here!

Jean

Braden
06-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Welcome to you both! Hope you like it here!

Jeremy
06-01-2007, 11:33 AM
hi iam new iam wanting to learn how to knit i hope someone from here can help me my name is connie iam disabled and sit at home all the time i am 45 years old i thought i could learn to knit and it would help me some to pass time and i could make gifts for my family and friends i want to learn it all from casting on to all other knitting so if anyone could help me i would appricate it oh iam in ga

connie

Welcome. I hope you come back often. Amy's videos here are a very good way to learn. I learned that way myself. We are a very patient, nice group of people who love to help other knitters. If you need help, post to the "how to section." Don't hesitate, no matter how simple you think the question is.

Jeremy
06-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Welcome Jean and Plantgoddess.:hug:

Early Bird
06-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I live near York and have knitted since I was a child (I'm now 57) - my current project is an aran jacket (for me, wonder of wonders) it's complicated but I've only got the sleeves to do now so I'm looking forward to wearing it. It's great to see knitting getting a high profile these days, with film star knitters & flash new yarns. The spin-off (oops, sorry about the rubbish pun there) is that there are now websites & magazines about it & it was was only when I started looking at these that I realised how many different ways there are to knit! Is there a "right" & a "wrong" way I wonder?

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to Amy for her help in getting me onto this board - I am looking forward to visiting lots!

KarenP
06-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi to all; this looks like an interesting site. I'm in northern California and just got back into kniting since I'm soon to be a gramie.

I'd LOVE anyone who could email me the Rutabaga Bag pattern!

Thanks...Karen

craftn56
06-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Good afternoon everyone...
I'm usually knitting but decided to take a break. Everything I knit or crochet goes to charity.. I hope to be able to help and learn as time goes on.. Have a great day...

Smiles,
craftn56

Braden
06-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Welcome everybody! :waving: Hope you like it here. Take a look around and see how we're set up, there are boards for every topic you could think of. If you have any questions, you can be sure they will get answered.

sbean
06-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi,
This web site and knitting newbie here. It looks like I can learn to knit with these videos. How cool!
I'm a long time crocheter and a left-hander. With crochet I hold my hook in my left hand and the yarn in my right hand. Would that be the same for knitting?

Braden
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Welcome! Great to have a new member. The videos here are for right handed knitting, but you can place them up to a mirror and it shows it left handed. But, it might be better if a mod copied your post to the questions board, and then a leftie could help you more.

Done! S. Bean look for answers to your question in the How To Questions formum

Your Friends, The Mod Squad.

lauralu
06-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi my name is Silvia and I found this site by searching via google for a video showng the kitchener stitch. Now I am here , really enjoying all the things I found yet and started a new search for Baby Cable Rib(wihtout extra needle only knit2tog and from the first st a new one to 2 sts on the right needle)...I know how to make it but a friend is searching pictures/viedo showing this because I cannot explain the technic very well....
Wish you a nice day....silvia

Jeremy
06-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Welcome Everyone.

Sbean. I copied your question to the How To Questions Forum, have a look there for advice from fellow lefties.

Karen P. I copied your question to the Pattern forum for help there.

Don't be shy with questions. There are lots of helpful people here.

Possum
06-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi! I've been using the knittinghelp videos for a few months now as I've been developing my knitting from the ability to knit a garter stitch scarf to now being able to do short rows and kitchener stitch among other things. I got into knitting properly after deciding to knit up some woollen longies for my DS to go over his modern cloth nappies. Now I'm branching out into socks and beanies as it is getting quite cold here (I'm in south-eastern Australia).
So, hello, and I'll just pull up a chair and a steaming hot chocolate milk and make myself right at home. Nice to meet you all!

jplescher
06-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone:

My name is Jan and I've been knitting since October of last year. I take weekly lessons with a small group of ladies. We spend a good part of our evening laughing and enjoying the company of each other. I was browsing around looking for a website that might help me when I found this one. I'm thrilled to be a part of it. Several weeks ago I was shown how to do a cross stitch lattice which has a 24 row repitation. Having many senior moments lately, I have forgotten how to do the pattern. Is someone out there able to help me out? Thanks, a fellow knitter

Braden
06-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Welcome! I'm sure a moderator will copy your post to the questions board, or you can post there for many more responses. But, don't worry about asking questions in the "wrong" boards--we're not picky. :thumbsup:

zarzamora
06-02-2007, 10:56 AM
:cheering: Hello!

Just joined today and popped on to say hello.

I arrived here while doing a search for some help on a project I am just starting (Pirate Queen's Booty Bag - available free on the net if you want a peek). This is intended for my eldest who is leaving home this summer to work and travel before uni :cry: Thought a hand knitted thingy from me would be appropriate and she loves the whole pirate thing. Am knitting it in Jet and Silver Cascade and will be back often for help with the double knitting thing, I am sure :lol:

I have been knitting on and off - probably more off - since I was a child in the 60's and learned to crochet then too, this is not nearly as popular here as knitting and there are not that many good patterns but I have noticed a few more in the magazines lately.

Well, thats a bit about me.

This looks a great site, thank you very much.

Best wishes, zarz x

dip's mom
06-02-2007, 10:58 AM
I just registered although I have been lurking for several months now. I became a grandmother a year ago and that was when I started to knit again. (My mom had taught all of us kids once upon a time.) I knit my grand daughter a sweater, hat and booties and have been knitting ever since. I recently finished my first lace project which was the lace tabbard in Meg Swanson's lace book ( I forget the name). If I can find my camera I will try to post a picture.

Braden
06-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Welcome everybody! Dip's mom- the book you're thinking of is A Gathering of Lace edited by Meg Swansen. The designs are from the people who attend her knitting camp. :thumbsup:

micaelarauch
06-02-2007, 07:05 PM
I tried to find an answer to my problem and although I haven't yet, I joined this fabulous group. Thank you in advance for your help. I am a new knitter, much more ambitious than skilled, learning from you all. I want to know if it is possible to unravel a cast on edge to remove a bad row and then cast it off. I am working on a stockinette baby blanket and I mistakenly knitted the first row after a long tail cast on. The resulting garter ridge annoys me, and I think it contributes to the curling of the bottom of the blanket. Of course tha sane thing would have been to frog and start over but the amount of stches to cast on was very daunting!
Thanks everyone,
Miki

Braden
06-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Welcome!

You can't unravel from the cast on row up. What you can do is stick the needle in a row of stitches just above the error, and then cut the cast on edge off, and then you can cast off normally.

BTW- We have a board for questions, but don't be scared about posting in the "wrong" board. We're not picky. :thumbsup:

shaylasmom
06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I have been using the videos for about a year now but only just now registering. I tried to learn how to knit by written instruction and a PBS fund drive episode but I just wasn't getting all that I needed. I found this site and it has served me well with every visit. Love the videos and the patterns I used to learn. Thanks so much for your love of knitting.

Jeremy
06-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome Everyone. Glad you joined us.

Braden
06-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Welcome, new members!

Twinnish
06-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi folks!

I've beem knitting for a couple of months now. Which is to say, I've got a few wonky rectangles made, including a huge blue one that is supposed to be a shawl. When you hold it up to the window the yarnovers, er, that aren't supposed to be there, twinkle like stars in the night sky! Let's not even discuss the puckering on one side. Makes it fit nicely on my shoulders!

But that's ok, because I learned a lot. My latest project, the first from an actual pattern (as opposed to Make garter stitch for umpteen rows, BO) is the MDK warshrag. Sure, it's not very complex, but it took me an hour to find out how to do a yarn forward!!! And I found the answer here! Of course, it's full of errors and has lots of wonky bits, but I'm proud of it, and working on another one, like a crack fiend who can't get enough!

So thanks, all! I'm very happy to be here!

Jeremy
06-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the club Twinish. I'm glad you aren't giving up. When I was begining, I consoled myself with the thought that even if I had to frog a project I had gained in knowledge. For a while there it seemed every project had to be frogged three or four times before I was able to get it going.:hug:

Braden
06-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Jeremy, that's exactly how I started. Welcome, new members! Hope you like it here.

altergirl
06-03-2007, 05:46 PM
:oo:Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself and say hi!

Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8523&start=0), to decode our chit chat. ;)

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy

Braden
06-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Welcome! Take a look around the different boards, to see how we're set up, but again, don't worry about posting in the "wrong: board. We're not picky. Hope you like it here!

Jeremy
06-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Welcome Altergirl.:hug:

Jen17
06-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Hi,
My name is Jen and I have been knitting for 2 years. I have a hard time putting a project down and I am thrilled to have found this website! Now I have a place to go when my yarn store/friends are not available. I had never done a p2 tbl before and the video was a life saver! I am going to go back now and look through the rest of the site...!
Thank you,
Jen

sekini
06-03-2007, 06:56 PM
My name is Cathy and I've been knitting for 22 years. I came to this site because for the life of me I couldn't do kitchener stitch for my sock toes. Your video helped me out tremendously. I'm not afraid of sock toes anymore!
Thanks,
Cathy

Jeremy
06-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Welcome, we're glad both of you found us. :hug:

jodee333
06-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Never did anything like this before. I just got back into knitting last August and am doing projects like I have never done before, I can use a site like this for help once in a while like I need tonite.

k3mom
06-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I am a very beginning knitter, and find I can't always figure out instruction manuals. So here I am! Hopefully I can follow videos better than the written word. It's nice to know that help is here, though, if I need help. Which I'm sure I will!!!!
Thanks!
Sandra

Jeremy
06-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Welcome to both of you. Even if the videos can't answer your questions come ask them in the How to Forum or elsewhere. There is almost always someone around to help you.:hug:

Braden
06-03-2007, 11:15 PM
So many new members! Welcome, and hope you like it here!

wintermyst
06-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Hello,
I've been a lurker for years figured i'd make it offical and join. This is such an awesome site for new learners and for old pros that need refreshing.
I learned to knit English, and have recently gone Cont. aka German style. It is much easier on my wrists. I've had the surgery for Carpal tunnel on the right one and had complications they want to do the left and i'm not going for it till i can't stand it any longer LoL.
Knitting cont. helps ease the wear and tear lol

Love the site and looking forward to being a contributing member :)
Wintermyst

Jeremy
06-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Welcome :hug:

greyfuss
06-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm glad I found your website. It's been a tremendous help since I'm a beginning knitter. Between your website and a couple instruction books I'm on my way. I'm sure I'll have questions! I was interested in making the Snail Shell Purse but cannot make the link work in order to get the pattern. Is the pattern available?

Braden
06-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Welcome to the forum! The link works fine for me, hmmm. There's a forum for questions where you would be sure to get a response to anything.

Jeremy
06-04-2007, 02:17 PM
The link didn't work for me either and I went to the site itself and they appear to be selling the pattern for 99 cents.:??

Braden
06-04-2007, 02:31 PM
I know, that's what I saw, and it seemed weird to me. Anyway, welcome new members!

Jeremy
06-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I'll post a note about it. We may need to take that purse down.

P.S. Welcome to the Forum !

Braden
06-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Yup, that would be a good idea.

dsypherd
06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Nice website! Thanks for being here!

Braden
06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Welcome! We're very friendly and helpful!

Jeremy
06-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Welcome, glad to have you:hug:

Susie_jordan
06-05-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm still fairly new to knitting but have used this web site for quite some time for all the helpful videos. I just discovered the forum. Right now I am knitting lace and love it.
Susie

Braden
06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Welcome, hope you like it here! Lace is great, isn't it?

hissyknit
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Hello. I'm a knitter of three years--especially the past year since I broke my arm bicycling and the PT said to start my knitting again. I'm a SAHM with two future deliquents, two very large, hairy dogs and a hubby who likes my knitting b/c there's no fighting over the remote control. I'm in between Athens and Atlanta in Georgia. Check out my blog--I just posted a couple of very easy patterns. www.hissyknit.blogspot.com (http://www.hissyknit.blogspot.com)

Jeremy
06-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Welcome.:hug: Hissyknit and Susie. Hissyknit I like your signiture. Why don't you post your free patterns in the sticky at the top of the Pattern Forum?

TRknits
06-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum but not the website. I have been knitting for a year and a half. I didn't even know that there was a forum here. Right now I am knitting socks because I can commute with them. I would love to learn how to knit lace.

bluedevil
06-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Greetings. I must fess up that I signed up because I'm having problems and need help. I haven't posted anywhere in years and don't really know the rules of the road. I apologize ahead of time if I'm out of step.

I've been knitting off and on for several years now, but I just tried my first sock pattern. I can't even get off the ground! I'm using four dpn and begin with a K1P1 rib for 1.5 inches. Then, I switch to K all. Everytime I do, the K is on the inside and the P on the outside; I'm knitting inside out. Is this right? If not, any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've been to two shops and they haven't been able to help. I've ripped out at least five times and am about to toss the whole thing!

Thanks!

Jeremy
06-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Hi Bluedevil. Wecome to the forum. It sounds like you are knitting inside out which, believe it or not is a common problem.
Silver (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Start.htm) has a really good tutorial.

Amy has a good video here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/).

Jeremy
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Welcome TRknits.:hug:

lizardknits
06-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi all

my name is Elizabeth
I have been knitting for a few years. My mom is a knitter too. Im an advanced beginner. I just recently learned the purl stitch and I hope to try my first felted project soon- with matching felted scarf too!!!!I love the videos on this website. Thats actually what I used to first figure out purling (besides my mother). The forums are also pretty cool too. This is a great website :hug:

Braden
06-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Welcome, Amy's videos are great, aren't they? Hope you like it here!

*btw-I sent you a PM :teehee: *

knittin_woman
06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I am a 40 yr old language arts teacher. I'm married with a 3 yr old lil' girl. I've been knitting since I was 13, but I still don't consider myself to be an advanced knitter. I go in spells where I won't challenge myself. I am currently procrastinating about knitting the second sock on a new pattern I'm trying, but I will force myself to finish (I hope). Anyway, I love this site and look forward to meeting you all.

Richie
06-05-2007, 10:54 PM
:cheering: I always wear a smile even though people think i am weared. I often respond. By telling them that only REAL MEN KNOW HOW TO KNIT they usually smile and walk away.
I love knitting and i am happy to be a part of this group HI EVERY ONE :thumbsup: I am a 42 y/o male from NEW YORK. I currently finished 5 hats and would like to try making a vest but i am having problem reading the patterns that i have.

AnnieG
06-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Hi, my name is Annie and I am a newbie to knitting:happydance: I have arthritis in my hands and thought using them knitting would help. I have always wanted to take it up and just never did.:shrug:

Thank you for allowing me to join!!!

mr16ga
06-06-2007, 02:07 AM
My name is Joe, my wife's name is Marilyn.
I been knitting for about three months now. I have 1 project done and the second about 3/4 done.

I ride a train commute of almost 2 hours each way so I get 4 hours of knitting 5 days a week and what ever I can slip in on the week ends.

I make lots of errors and getting good at fixing them.

Joe

losnana
06-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Welcome all! I know you'll find this site helpful and FUN. Everyone here is great about answering questions. There are a few gurus who know the answer to EVERYTHING!! Thank goodness for them.

rah0315
06-06-2007, 07:34 AM
My name is Becki and I live in Japan. I've been knitting for a few weeks now and am working on a simple baby blanket for a friend. The videos are excellent as many have mentioned, I know they've helped me!

Braden
06-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Woah, lots of new members! Welcome everybody! Hope you like it here.

Jeremy
06-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Welcome Everyone:hug:

leslie979
06-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Leslie and Im fairly new to knitting. I started out crocheting, then moved on to knitting. I work nights which can be really boring so knitting and crocheting are godsends. I must admit I do have a preference for knitting. This website is great, very helpful. Hopefully one day I will get to a point where I can answer some questions instead of just asking. :lol: