PDA

View Full Version : Twisted i-cord?

kkfleming
01-31-2005, 10:59 AM
I have a pattern using i-cord and twisted i-cord. The i-cord I can do, I'm not understanding their directions for making twisted i-cord, I end up with stockinette stitch.

I would greatly appreciate some insight!

Marnie
01-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Why don't you write out the instructions you have for a twisted i-cord and one of us can explain the directions to you.
~m

kkfleming
01-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Great idea...
The directions call for 3" of regular icord and 6" of spiral icord. I started the directions from the end of the regular icord instructions.

Spiral I cord.....Continue knitting on the five stitches but knit all stitches DO NOT SLIDE but continue to knit normally turning at the end of each row for 6".

amy
02-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Welcome kkfleming!

I'm stumped! It sounds like their telling you to work stockinette or garter stitch flat! I can't imagine how this would appear to be a twisted sort of i-cord? :?:

...any brilliant insights Marnie?

Amy

Marnie
02-01-2005, 01:26 AM
It sounds like you are making this hat:
http://www.bconnex.net/~imagiknt/page4.html
I believe those twirls are just stockinette stitch allowed to curl naturally as stockinette will.

Give it a try, just work the normal i-cord then work in stockinette to the length specified. Once you've bound off, you should be able to twist it into the shape shown.
~m