PDA

View Full Version : need help with knitty.com pattern!

eronel
02-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Hello! My name is Emma -- I'm currently working on the "3x chic" sweater from Knitty.com.
My question is about the directions for binding off at the shoulder (the right shoulder). I have 17 stitches on the needle. The directions say
"Bind off 6 sts at armhole edge twice.
Bind off 5 stis at armhole edge once."

What is the difference between this and just binding off all my 17 stitches? Am I supposed to bind off 6, finish knitting the row, the bind off when coming back in the other direction?

Thanks so much in advance! :) And i really enjoy reading all your posts!

Emma

ekgheiy
02-10-2005, 02:46 PM
I think I get it ... my type in red...

Hello! My name is Emma -- I'm currently working on the "3x chic" sweater from Knitty.com.
My question is about the directions for binding off at the shoulder (the right shoulder). I have 17 stitches on the needle. The directions say
"Bind off 6 sts at armhole edge twice.
Bind off 5 stis at armhole edge once."

What is the difference between this and just binding off all my 17 stitches?

This BO procedure gives the bind off edge more shape instead of just a straight line. In this particular pattern, I think this BO keeps the sweater from having a drop shoulder ... but I could be wrong :?

Am I supposed to bind off 6, finish knitting the row, the bind off when coming back in the other direction?

You got it. :) BO 6sts, finish the row. Now on the next row, you'll work the row in the established pattern and BO at the opposite end of the first BO row.

Thanks so much in advance! :) And i really enjoy reading all your posts!

Emma

HAPPY KNITTING!