PDA

View Full Version : help please - slipped rib pattern

LilT23
02-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi there! I'm knitting a scarf with a slipped rib pattern, and I'm stuck on the part that says:

slip 1 with yarn in front

Does Amy have a video showing how to do this, and if so, which one is it? I'm a new knitter, and I'm not familiar with all the different terminology that might refer to the same thing. If anyone can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks! :)

ekgheiy
02-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Hi there! I'm knitting a scarf with a slipped rib pattern, and I'm stuck on the part that says:

slip 1 with yarn in front

Does Amy have a video showing how to do this, and if so, which one is it? I'm a new knitter, and I'm not familiar with all the different terminology that might refer to the same thing. If anyone can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks! :)

Oh, that simply means to bring the yarn to the front of the work as if you were going to purl. Then slip the next stitch and continue with the directions. The pattern should tell you whether to slip as if to knit or as if to purl. If the stitch after the slip stitch is a Knit, then you would return the yarn to the back of the work like a normal knit.

Hope that helps...

tapnna
07-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi!

Trying to make a sweater with the slipped rib 2 pattern. I can do the kit side,however, the instructions that are being read from state
that and the end of the second row should be p3 and that does not work (for me) on a 7 rib repeat pattern.

suzeeq
07-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Could you type out just the first and 2nd rows, and give us the name of the pattern please? And how many stitches in the row.