PDA

View Full Version : Lost scarf

kitkat
02-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Ok, so I left my first finished project ever at a huge swim meet....not in lost and found, so some evil person in downtown Akron is no doubt happily wearing my beautiful scarfy.

The question is.....do I make myself another in the exact same yarn? Or chalk it up to a learning experience and make myself a completely different one? What do you all think?

beldaraan
02-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Make the same. I am thinking of the two scarves that I want to make and both of them are going to have sentimental meaning attached to them. I wouldn't even change the colour.

On a side note, wear it to your swim meets often, so that the thief can't wear hers. Plus she'd see you wearing it and would hopefully feel guilty.

Nuno930
02-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I guess it just depends on how in love you were with feel of the yarn. If you didn't really love it, it seems silly to re-knit with it.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-13-2005, 04:02 PM
On a side note, wear it to your swim meets often, so that the thief can't wear hers. Plus she'd see you wearing it and would hopefully feel guilty.

Yes I agree. You can make a big sign to wear with it, too: "I MADE THIS" and maybe the other person will feel guilty enough to at least pay you for the scarf!

kitkat
02-13-2005, 04:16 PM
You all are so funny!

Actually, it was just homespun and patons allure, but I did like how it felt and how it looked....so I think I will make the same one :)

beldaraan
02-13-2005, 10:25 PM
YAY Kitkat!!! I want to see a pic when you're done. Thankies. :D