PDA

View Full Version : What does B & T tightly mean

Annie_58
02-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Have this abbreviation in a pattern I got off the internet and dont understand what it means, can anyone please help as am knitting a toy for my nephew.

Yvonne
02-16-2005, 02:32 PM
I just bumped this thread a little higher on the page because it looks like it might fall through the cracks.
I don't know what B &T tightly means. Can you give us more context, or a link to the pattern itself? I'm sure somebody could figure out if so.

ekgheiy
02-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Perhaps it mean to Bind off & Tie tightly ????? :?

Just a thought ...

PCdoolan
12-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Cut yarn from ball leaving a tail.

Thread tail on to a tapestery needle
Thread needle through the remaining stitches on needle
Pull tail through pull tight and tie off
A basic knot will be fine

I copied above from the information below

A simple demonstration showing how to B&T tightly. This is often used for knitted toys to effect shaping from angelbear.org.uk
See video: http://www.youtube.com/user/nursenoonoo

suzeeq
12-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Do you realize you replied to a thread that's nearly 6 years old...?

RuthieinMaryland
12-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Do you realize you replied to a thread that's nearly 6 years old...?

:clink: This is THE premier knitting site in the universe, evidenced by the above ...... ALL questions get answered-----eventually!!!
:woohoo: :roflhard: :thumbsup: :chair: :woot:

You guys are GREAT! Thanks for being there!

Happy knitting, and happiest of holidays!

Ruthie :knitting:

cacunn
12-20-2010, 04:03 PM
It also goes to show you that once on the Internet always on the Internet. Beware big brother has you by the power of universal storage.

HSRCampbell
12-21-2010, 01:38 AM
I never want to see what I did 6 years ago, by sheer weight of immaturity. I'm sure 6 years from now I'll be equally embarrassed by my 26 year old self.

cacunn
12-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Just remember, with every cell phone being a video camera, You-tube, FaceBook and blogs everyone knows what you did last night when you were alone behind that closed door. Big Brother doesn't have to do anything your friends will do it for them.

kellyh57
12-21-2010, 04:50 PM
No kidding! (to the Facebook/Twitter thing!) I'm shocked at how much people post on those places! They post the little "check-in" and let everyone know where they are, tell everyone they're on vacation, post their address, and then post pictures of their brand new huge TV or whatnot. They say they only let friends on their page, but then they brag about how many friends they have and say they don't haven't seen some in 20 years. People change a lot in 5 years, let alone 20! Then they wonder why their house was broken into, iPad stolen, children stalked, etc.....

Sudsassy
11-15-2011, 07:40 PM
I am new to knitting and trying to am make Jean Greenhowe's Toybox William. I was looking for what B & T meant also when I came across this post. It maybe an old post but it certainly helped me out today :)