PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

mshelton
11-03-2005, 05:26 PM
I could'nt get both pictures so here's the shawl. You really can't see the details but I think it looks much better then what the picture shows.

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I got home a little late today and there are THREE pages of fo's Everything looks great!

Welcome Jeepgirl--yes it is addicting, look how many posts I've had since I joined in June!

koolbreeze
11-03-2005, 05:57 PM
ok i've really been slackin on this thread...NICE WORK EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :XX: :XX:

gimmesanity
11-03-2005, 07:46 PM
OMG, this board has been busy!! All the FO's are gorgeous!!! I need to dig out my camera and take some pics of my stuff....

Sascha
11-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Everyone's stuff looks so great! Soon I will be able to post some of my pics! Even though I'm a bit embarrased because they are so sub par compared to al of the talent here.

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Everyone's stuff looks so great! Soon I will be able to post some of my pics! Even though I'm a bit embarrased because they are so sub par compared to al of the talent here.

Take that back!! There is no par, therefore there can't be sub par. There is only a difference in experience. We all started in the same place. Please don't put yourself down! :D

rebecca
11-03-2005, 09:00 PM
I DITTO INGRID!!! Everyone here is a designer in his/her own right!! We all create beautiful objects; none better than the other ;) Experience & practice are all of our teachers :D

MShelton...I :heart: :heart: your clogs & shawl :D

Okay, I have finished the Branching Out scarf from Knitty that I casted on a few days ago using KnitPicks' Merino Style in Hollyberry and size 8 needles, I meant to grab 9s, but the blocking will help with the st definition, I think. So, here we have pictures of Branching Out blocking, well, about 2/3 of it...my ironing board isn't long enough for all of it...LOL! And I have discovered that I MUST get some blocking wires bc I had to redo the blocking positioning after the pics were taken bc I don't like the wavy sides from the pins.....Now I'm off to cast on Tychus for my sweet :inlove: Lonnie ;)
Happy Knitting Everyone....FANTASTIC FOs one & all :D

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 10:05 PM
A few DAYS ago, she said. It looks wonderful! Love the color! :cheering:

rebecca
11-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Thank you very much :D
I told you it was a quick knit ;)

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Maybe when you knit it from beginning to end, unlike some people I know. :oops:

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 10:25 PM
SimplyKaar - Thank you for the complement on the glitter - I :heart: glitter....

KellyK - OOPs :oops: That didn't come out like I meant it - I actually meant nobody knew I was reading & laughing so my reply would be sorta outta place.. but now that I"m here.....

Rebecca - Branching Out is just GORGEOUS! I love the color choice! And pick away - I'm happy to be initiated!!

MShelton - the clogs & shawl are really really wonderful!!! I'm in awe. :notworthy:

Ingrid - I've read so much about you and how wonderful you are! I just have one question - what is your bananna riding?!

I can't wait to say something was a Quick Knit. I didn't know there was such a thing! :roflhard: I don't think anything is quick for me!

KellyK
11-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Becca....its GORGEOUS!!!!

How did it look before blocking? Maybe that's the one Ill make for myself out of Elegance...I just HATE blocking things!

CateKnits
11-04-2005, 12:26 AM
The pictures aren't very good, but...
I made the first one in one evening back in September and didn't get around to the second one until last week. :rollseyes: But I did that one in two days, so I'm pretending it was a three-day project. ;)
I followed this pattern: http://wineandneedles.blogspot.com/2005/02/irish-hiking-legwarmers.html with Wool-Ease in Charcoal. These guys were my first cables (and my first bamboo needles :P).

rebecca
11-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Cateknits...your leg warmers are too 8-) cool :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone...fun scarf it is ;) KK, it looks about the same (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000369.jpg) pre-blocked...the blocking opened up the lace & straightened sts. I meant to use larger needles but I was too far into the scarf to change when I realized it!! Oh, and it kind of folds on itself pre-blocking, too. I don't love to block, either...but have found that it really makes a difference! I put my socks on sock blockers as soon as they are washed :?? ...go figure, they are just gonna go on my feet... :roflhard: :rofling:

Sascha
11-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Ingrid and Rebecca, you two are sweet thank you.You can be the judges when I post pics...lol

I can't believe it only took you a couple days to finish that! It is beautiful Rebecca.

Jeep_Girl
11-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Cate - Love the Legwarmers!!! I especially :heart: the red ribbon at the top!

Virtuella
11-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Maybe when you knit it from beginning to end, unlike some people I know. :oops:

What do they do? When they dont knit from beginning to end? Do they knit from the middle? Or do they stop knitting, making a UFO? :??

earthchick
11-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Wow! I :heart: everyone's beautiful stuff!

Cate, excellent leg warmers. Am hoping to do a pair of those some time soon.

Okay, so I'm finally going to post my very first pic of a FO, which also happens to be my very first hat.

I've never posted pics here so I'm going to do just one first to see how it works and then I'll do a second post with two more.

Jeep_Girl
11-04-2005, 10:12 AM
EarthChick - it is lovely! That blue is beautiful!!!

I crocheted this for my first furbaby - actually I made a ton of them because she kept ripping them as she scratched at her back. The yarn hanging out is due to her... I would never not weave in ends... :rollseyes:

lisak
11-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Very nice hat Earthchick! I am making the same hat in Lilac for my niece. I'm almost done - just have to finish up the I-Cord. I want to make another one for my other niece, but Mission Falls is hard to come by!

earthchick
11-04-2005, 10:13 AM
This pattern called for Mission Falls cotton (discontinued) but I used Manos del Uruguay cotton. I love this yarn!!! :inlove:

Jeep_Girl
11-04-2005, 10:15 AM
earthchick - he is so ADORABLE!!! look at those blue eyes!

earthchick
11-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks, Lisa! I'm in love with the blue, too. I might make a toddler blanket out of it b/c I just really want more of that yummy color. Love the furbaby jacket! :thumbsup:

Lisak, thanks! Isn't it a fun hat to do? I really never knew hats could be so fun. Now I just want to make more and more. Can't wait to see yours!

earthchick
11-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks, Lisa! He gets those blue eyes from his daddy (as does his twin brother). I picked out the blue yarn especially to go with his eyes and was very pleased with the results. (The bags under his eyes are b/c he just woke up. Silly mommy, doing a photo shoot first thing in the morning!)

punkhippiemom
11-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Eartchick - great hat, and nice genes ;)
Jeep girl - what yarn did you use for that little jacket??It looks ribbony...
Nice stuff, from everybody, as always... CateKnits, it's nice to see that there is always a chance for theose UFO's laying around :mrgreen: and they turned out so nicely!
Rebecca, :notworthy: :notworthy: , as always!

Jeep_Girl
11-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Rebecca - I can't remember the name of the yarn - but I have it at home so I'll look tonight - but it looks like a shoelace - it was perfect because, while it ripped eventually, it didn't fray and she didn't get it stuck in her throat.

rebecca
11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Earthchick...I LOVE that hat, I made the same one for my granddaughter last Christmas :D Great job :thumbsup:

JeepGirl...LOVE you kitty fashion AND your cat...looks just like my Moshi...a 15 lb solid white kitty that is a big sweetie! LOL, he's much bigger than my dog!

earthchick
11-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks, Rebecca. Did you use Mission Falls, or another yarn? I'm so bummed that the Mission Falls cotton has been discontinued. I may order some to try out, but my LYS carries the Manos cotton, which I thought was a nice substitute.

Question - what do you all think of the i-cord and bow for a toddler? I am starting a second one of these hats for my other son (in red) and I was thinking of just not doing the cord this time. It is so cute, and the pics in the book really sold me on doing this hat (well, that and the fact of the yummy nubby look to the cotton). I know I can tie the cord in the back instead of the front (as in the side view pic I posted) but I'm still not sure about it, esp. for a boy. And it's not like a little ol' i-cord is going to keep a toddler from flinging the hat off anyway....

Thoughts? (I'm getting close to the point in the 2nd hat where I have to decide).

Ingrid
11-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Ingrid - what is your bananna riding?

It's a llama (or alpaca). I really should retire them soon. :rollseyes:

And Virtuella--when I meant from beginning to end, I meant without stopping to do other things in between--something I rarely seem to do!

Ingrid
11-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Love the hat! Gorgeous little boy, too. I'd leave out the i-cord, I think.

rebecca
11-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Earthchick, to tell you the truth, it was so long ago I don't remember exactly what I used for the hat...I'm pretty sure that I recalculated the pattern for Bernat's Softee Chunky...(I just looked at the site & the colors I used were discontinued!). It was very cute, with a scarf to match ;) .
I think that the ICord would be cute for a boy, you don't have to tie a bow. You could just tie knots on the ends of the ICords or put bobbles on the ends and just tie it in a simple knot rather than a bow. You could use another color, for the ICord, like a blue for instance......I just love that hat :D
EDIT....LOL, I just saw that I had the opposite opinion from Ingrid...LOL; of course...I will add that the ICord needs to be absolutely secure when given to a toddler for safety reasons (you could, sew it in for security). All in all, I have probably added to your indecision...LOL!! :roflhard: :rofling:

Yvonne
11-04-2005, 08:48 PM
I know this is probably a dumb question and also nosy, but Jeep Girl, in that picture of your beautiful kitty (mine is an all-black Kitty named Onyx), what is that sticking up out of his neck that looks like a blue capped little bottle?
I've stared and stared and I can't figure it out. :thinking:

snephenie
11-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I know this is probably a dumb question and also nosy, but Jeep Girl, in that picture of your beautiful kitty (mine is an all-black Kitty named Onyx), what is that sticking up out of his neck that looks like a blue capped little bottle?
I've stared and stared and I can't figure it out. :thinking:

LOL I've wanted to ask the question too! :)

Jeep_Girl
11-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh I guess I should have explained that.... Miss Sasa had kidney failure (why she was so skinny) - so for a year we were giving her fluids - at first it was every day with a needle (think IV bag). :shock: It wasn't fun for her or me - so I decided to get a catheter put in her. That blue cap comes off and I would attach the IV bag tube to it and get the fluid in her that way.

Now I have to explain that when the vet told me I'd have to give her fluids - I had NO IDEA what that was - so when I went to pick her up and she was absolutely fine - I couldn't put her down. So we did the fluids for a year and in April I just knew it was time because she would go to jump up on the bed and miss.

I crocheted that little cape/sweater so that it would protect the catheter and she couldn't rip it out.

Yvonne
11-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh, poor kitty! She is so lucky to have you.

Jeep_Girl
11-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks Yvonne! I was the lucky one! She carried me through 8 years of "stuff"

rebecca
11-05-2005, 02:44 AM
Lisa, I'm so :( sorry :( about your about your dear kitty. My pets are very much family members (aLOT of us have pets that rule our roosts ;) ) and I know it has to hurt to have lost kitty....

Okay, I just knit Tychus from Knitty.com for Lonnie...TODAY! It's a very easy, fun & FAST :sunny: knit!! Since Lonnie was sleeping when I finished I had to take a photo of me in the mirror as the model...I will have a pic of him modeling it...I hope ;) AND...I have a pic of the top of my head to show the detail...it's not big, but this picture makes my head look HUGE :roflhard: :rofling:

I have finally found a use for the yummy painted yarn that I got on Ebay some time ago...I will cast on & knit a quick hat to match the Branching Out Scarf (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000373.jpg) that I knitted early this week. Then I hope to begin clapotis (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html) Monday .... I will finally get a chance to use the yum yummy Karaoke yarn (http://www.knitpixie.com/catalog/images/karaoke278-knitted.jpg) that I got for just this purpose :cheering: :cheering: I think the clapotis will show off the Karaoke colorway in a very nice fashion ;)
Okay, I'm off to cast on for a hat or sleep....who knows :rollseyes:

KellyK
11-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Your head looks completely normal-sized and tychus looks FANNNTASTIC! :cheering:

rebecca
11-05-2005, 03:01 AM
TYVM....girl, I knit it TODAY! A very fast, easy gift...great for last minute gifts, I think!

Sascha
11-05-2005, 12:35 PM
:shock: You just knit that hat in one day!!! My gosh! It looks fantastic

rebecca
11-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks a bunch :D ! It's really very, very easy & knit with 2 pieces of yarn held together, so it's a fast knit :D Here (http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATTtychus.html) is the pattern ;)

feministmama
11-05-2005, 02:04 PM
This pattern called for Mission Falls cotton (discontinued) but I used Manos del Uruguay cotton. I love this yarn!!! :inlove:

Ya know when folks ask about my child's gender I just say "Hmmm boy, girl, I don't know, we keep forgetting all the time.":lol: Don't let peoples ignornace keep you making beautiful hats! :XX: :cheering:

rebecca
11-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Big DITTO, Femi :D

earthchick
11-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Hee! Thanks, femi. :thumbsup:

Okay, so I've been going back and forth on the I-cord thing and am still up in the air. My current thinking is to do what you suggested, Rebecca, and do knots or bobbles at the end of the cord, and do the cord in a different color. I'm thinking dark blue cord for both the blue hat and the red one. I took a look at their winter coats - one is red, the other is blue - and they each have navy stripes on the sleeve, so I think that combo with the hats will look cute too. We'lll see....

Rebecca, great hat!! :thumbsup:

Jeep_Girl
11-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Rebecca - LOVE LOVE LOVE the hat!!!!

rebecca
11-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Why...thank ya'll so much :D
Earthchick, that hat is so cute any way it's done...I love that hat ;) ! I think that's a great idea for it to match their coats...too, too cute :D

snephenie
11-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Rebecca-
What yarn did you use for Lonnie's hat?

Aby
11-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Okay, now that I've spent the last 10 minutes catching up on everyone's projects, I'd just like to say how talented I think you all are. I'm sorry I'm not around anymore but work just keeps me so busy. I don't even have time to knit anymore :rollseyes: :crying:

But great job on all your finished items, gals.... WONDERFUL! :thumbsup:

rebecca
11-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Aby...you MUST make some 'knit' time if only for 10-15 minutes a day...away from all, just you and the 'knit'...your GOTTA KNIT time...I say that bc I know u miss it ;)

Steph-I went thru my left over stash (just as the pattern called for..I usually have to buy new yarn bc I LOVE to buy new yarn ;) ) and found some Lionbrand Woolease...it's worsted weight yarn made with a bit of wool & acrylic & just doubled it as the pattern called for and was good to go..worked like a dream!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-05-2005, 08:33 PM
The magical clogs are done!!!!!!!!!!

I'm only going to post 2 pics here, and post the rest
(and tell the clog saga) in the clog thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=62774#62774) in the KAL forum.

I knitted the clogs with WOTA from knitpicks, and used needle felting and beads for the butterflies.

earthchick
11-05-2005, 08:37 PM
OMG!!!! *jaw dropping* Those clogs are GORGEOUS!!!! Sooooo pretty. Those will make for some happy feet! I am so impressed. :notworthy:

rebecca
11-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Hilde...absolutely STUNNING :shock: ....I so :heart: :inlove: :heart: my new clogs!! How did you know that I loved butterflies so much...was it from my tat?!....thank you so much :roflhard: :rofling: ;)

Ingrid
11-05-2005, 09:13 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
11-05-2005, 09:21 PM
THAT was the MYSTERY PROJECT, folks!!

Hild...you KNOW I think they are STUNNTASTORGEOUS!! :heart:

ebrperk
11-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Those are so great Hildie. I love what you did with them. Are they for you????
My yarn came today for mine so I am hoping to get to work on them soon.

Rebecca--Tychus is wonderful. I am about halfway through with the first one I am making for my nephew who shaved his head for football playoffs.

Robin

punkhippiemom
11-05-2005, 10:11 PM
WOW

:fingerwag: Those had better be for you, missy....

Ingrid
11-05-2005, 10:35 PM
WOW

:fingerwag: Those had better be for you, missy....

I believe she said she made them for her SIL whom SHE DOESN'T EVEN LIKE!! The GOOD ones are going to be for her mom. Must be diamond studded, I guess. :D

Jeep_Girl
11-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Just INCREDIBLE! Wow - I'm stunned - what wonderful clogs!!!

Sascha
11-05-2005, 10:41 PM
*Dies from the sheer beautiful force of those clogs*

earthchick
11-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Had to come back and look at those fabulous clogs again. I've been thinking about them all night. They are just so totally beautiful. :inlove:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-05-2005, 11:17 PM
ooo yay!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!! *takes a bow* :-)

koolbreeze
11-05-2005, 11:48 PM
very nice!!!

you stole my idea!!! ;)

gimmesanity
11-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Hildie, those are amazing!! wow.

javede
11-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Those clogs! They are a dream!!!!

After yesterdays misfortune :rollseyes: , I managed to sew the sleeves in correctly now. I have to say I love this pattern and yarn!
Actually this is my first sweater for which I brought enough yarn in a LYS for the regular price and a project in mind! And I will most definately wear this one out in public(can't say that about the other sweaters :oops: ).

Sorry about the quality of the pic, but once again nobody there to take a pic of me. And yes, that are pyjama pants.

P.S.: My mum wants to knit a Klaralund for herself now...the virus spreads :twisted:

Ingrid
11-06-2005, 11:48 AM
That is beautiful!! Wear it proudly!! I'm so glad you could fix it. :cheering:

mintdee
11-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Yet another headless person :roflhard:

The sweater is beautiful!

javede
11-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Yet another headless person :roflhard:

The sweater is beautiful!

I'm still wearing my pyjama, belief me, you don't want to see the face that belongs to it right now :lol:

rebecca
11-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Javede...I :heart: :heart: your sweater!! You fixed those sleeves FAST...and no one will ever know!! Well, except us!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Mer
11-06-2005, 12:16 PM
So pretty, javede! Is that Noro?

KellyK
11-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Its GORGEOUS!! And, we ALWAYS want to see your head! You know, to make sure its still THERE!

*Be careful or i'll write a SONG about it! Ask Mer! She will be haunted til the end of her YEARS because she kept cutting off her head in pics!*

earthchick
11-06-2005, 01:52 PM
GORGEOUS SWEATER!!! :thumbsup:

gimmesanity
11-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Javede, that sweater is gorgeous!! Where did you get the pattern?

OK, here are my contributions...I'm STILL working on DD's sweater, but I did manage to finish a few other things in the meantime.

Heart is from knitty. It was meant to be a xmas gift, but I think I'm keeping it, instead. :oops: It's so pretty, and sooooo sooooffffffttt.

The hat I made last night and finished this morning. It's for dd, but she's napping right now, so no pic of the model in her new threads. This was my first project using only dpns (too small to use circs), and I also made my first i-chord. :cheering: Yay, me!

Sorry the pics are so dark....oops.

~Sharon

KellyK
11-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Those are GREAT!! And, they qualify you for both the November KAL (first use of DPNs) and the PINK KAL!! :cheering:

gimmesanity
11-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Look at me, I'm ALL over the KAL's. :thumbsup:

thanks, kel!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-06-2005, 02:20 PM
way to go for participation, gimmiesanity!!!!! I might have to do that heart scarf, simple but not boring!

Jav, i LOVE your sweater! So pretty!

rebecca
11-06-2005, 04:46 PM
WTG GMS!!! I :heart: :inlove: :heart: really love the :heart: scarf!! I would keep it, too!! Cool hat.....great job :cheering: :cheering:

Tessa
11-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I love the scarf, gimmesanity!

Ingrid
11-06-2005, 05:45 PM
The scarf and hat look great. And by all means, keep it! After all, you did all the work and if you want it, it's yours!!

ebrperk
11-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Javede--The sweater looks great. I would never have known you made a mistake.

The scarf was so pretty. Congrats on trying something new. Keep it for yourself if you like it.

Robin

gimmesanity
11-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks, everyone! You guys do awesome things for the ego. :lol:

Here's DD modeling her new hat. Don't mind the Christmassy shirt - I got it from the sales rack last year when I was still preggers with her. Hey, I'm not one to turn down a $2 shirt, even if it is a little out of season. ;)

mintdee
11-06-2005, 07:45 PM
:inlove: OM gosh she is soooo beautiful! Oh the hat is really pretty as well. :D

ebrperk
11-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Your model is so cute. So it the hat but the model once again outshines the piece.

Robin

KellyK
11-06-2005, 08:32 PM
OMG those HUUUUUGE eyes!!!!

(And, yeah...nice hat, too.)

Julie
11-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Cutie!! And her hat looks so cozy! :inlove:

Ingrid
11-06-2005, 09:00 PM
That is one beautiful baby! Can't tell with her shades on in your avatar. 8-)
Nice job on the hat, too!

dustinac
11-07-2005, 11:08 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Great job everyone!! Ya'll have been so busy everything looks wonderful!!

MaryS
11-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Javede, the sweater is gorgeous! Is the pattern a free one? If not, where can I get it?

GMS, that hat (and especially the baby wearing it) is BEAUTIFUL.

Great job on everything, as usual!!

Hildie, I :heart: :heart: your butterflies!

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

javede
11-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the nice comments.

Kelly, I vow to make a pic including my head next time ;)

The pattern is from this Noro pattern book: http://www.theknittinggarden.com/noro-cthcoll2.htm
I got to swap it for some yarn :thumbsup:

The yarn I used is "Mega Stoppino" from Lana Grossa.

Sharon, that hearty scarf if beautiful. I have that one in my bookmarks and I plan on knitting it for a friend.

InterNette
11-07-2005, 04:34 PM
That heart scarf has got to be one of my all time favorites, it is beautiful

I love your sweater Javede, nice work.

Isamar
11-07-2005, 05:37 PM
That sweater is georgeous!!!! Love the combination. And that baby!!! And I must say Im not fond of babies... but he is just beutiful. The hat is cute, too. ;)

Everybody; great job!

Here are my latest... The first one is the hat and scarf for my brother (Mom is modeling, not bad for a pneumonia patient I say). The second, the beaded capelet for my niece.

Ingrid
11-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm glad your mother is well enough to model for you. I love that capelet! Just beautiful!

Joel
11-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Dang! I miss this thread for like 2-3 days and you all post 6 pages!

So, in case I miss anyone, my apologies... I was trying to scan through these really quick.

Rebecca - Nice hat and I really like the Branch Out Scarf!

CateKnits - Well done on the legwarmers.... (I gotta admit I'm having a 80's Flashdance flashback though) ;)

EarthChick - Like the Blue Hat.

JeepGirl - Cool Pet Jacket.... is that varigated yarn or is it several colors joined?

Hilde - WTG! The Butterfly clogs are fantabulostic! Nice mystery project.

Javede - I really like that sweater!

GimmeSanity - Cool Hat and Great Heart Scarf... I could definately seeing making that for the wife for Valentine's day (if i ever get this lapghan done).

rebecca
11-07-2005, 06:32 PM
:D Thanks Joel..thanks everyone!!

Isamar I know your brother will love his hat & scarf & I am happy that your mom is feeling like being your model & pray for a speedy recovery!! I love, love your niece's capelet...she will, too ;)

Mer
11-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Luggy Bonnet from Weekend Knitting in Knit One Crochet Too Creme Brulee (merino). Cute, but I am never again doing so many different colored stripes! Such a pain to weave in all those ends!

http://static.flickr.com/26/61107308_8d61a5fd51.jpg

Yes, the kitty decided she liked the scratching post once I put something on top of it!

KellyK
11-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Mer...that is TOO cute! But, yeah....I cant imagine all the end weaving. :shock:

Here's my Simple Stripes Harlequin Hat!!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/harlequin_hat3.jpg

Now, on to the roll-top bootees in "50 Baby Booties to Knit"

punkhippiemom
11-07-2005, 11:33 PM
:roflhard: @ Mer's kitty...
That's a gorgeous hat... :thumbsup:
I've started using Ingy's tip of knitting in the ends as you go, I hate weaving them in, too...

Joel
11-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Nice job on those hats Mer and KK!

Ingrid
11-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Mer--beautiful job!! Yeah, you have to handle the ends as you get to them. Makes life easier. But your intarsia looks faaantastic.

KK-Your hat is adorable, too! No ends on those stripes, huh!

Mer
11-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks! What's the tip about weaving in the ends as you go? How does that work? :thinking:

rebecca
11-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Mer...Loving your HAT!! :happydance: :happydance:
KK..your hat is too precious...very nice :cheering: :cheering:

I wanted a hat to match my Branching Out Scarf (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000373.jpg) and thought this simple hat with seed st border that I did Sunday would be Okay bc the painted yarn matched in color. Well, I was not happy with it so today (Monday) I knit the leaves & spent the rest of my time sewing them to the border of the hat. I'm afraid that I can't get a good picture that shows the detail...but I will show u what I have from plain hat to leafy hat... ;)
EDIT I just looked & the hat detail can be seen much better here (http://photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/) ;)

Danielle
11-08-2005, 01:05 AM
All the FOs look really great!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here are some pics of my very first knitted sock. Can't wait to start on the second! :happydance: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering:

Julie
11-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Great hats everyone! :D

I posted this in the KAL but I just have to post it here too 'cause I'm so stinkin' excited! :happydance:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/bceb1dee.jpg

KellyK
11-08-2005, 01:43 AM
I dont know how much more AWESOMENESS I can take!!!

Thanks for all the compliments on my widdle hat. I LOVE not weaving in a million ends!! :cheering:

gimmesanity
11-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Wow, great job, everyone!

Mer, I saw that hat and was thinking about trying it....your hat's beautiful!

Kel, gorgeous, as always...hey, I saw that the hat is reversible? Do you think it would be possible to do two different colors? would that look dumb at the seam? waddyathink?

rebecca, stunning, as always. You must have the patience of an angel to sew all those itty bitty leaves on. ;)

Great socks, yellow & Julie. I started my first sock last night. Seeing how great yours turned out makes me feel better about the whole thing.

~Sharon

margie
11-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Oh, I just can't keep up with this thread!! Everything that's been posted lately looks GREAT!! I love the socks, I so badly want to be able to knit some myself- dpn's scare me. I tried, and did really bad- but I was using needles too small and yarn too thin for my first attempt. I am going to try again, with bigger.

Mer and KK, love the hats too!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: to everyone!

Ingrid
11-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Wow! Take a few hours to sleep, and this thread gets filled with incredibilities! Great job on the socks--I really should do some one of these days. Love the hat, too rebecca--you're so creative.

Mer--to weave in ends, you just trap the end of the yarn under the next few stitches after you're done with it. It gets woven in under your new yarn and you just have to cut it off.

KellyK
11-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Sharon, the pattern is actually written for two colors, I just couldnt find a solid color match that I liked at knitpicks.

Carol_OH
11-08-2005, 12:00 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

whoo hooo - they're all so great!!!!!

rebecca
11-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone...ya'll r too sweet :D
YAY for the socks Danielle & Julie :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Now, ya'll can feel it can't ya?!....the sock knitting addiction is creeping in, before you know it....FULL BLOWN sock knitting addict...HAHAHAHAHAHA...and LOVIN' it ;)

ebrperk
11-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Here is my version of Knitty.com's Tychus. I had to stop at four repeats or it would have been way tooooooooooo big.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/ebrperk/IM001420.jpg

Robin

rebecca
11-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Very 8-) cool, Robin :D ...did u use gray & black, too?!...LOL!

ebrperk
11-08-2005, 01:15 PM
I used navy and grey from Caron Simply soft. It is really soft.

Robin

koolbreeze
11-08-2005, 01:42 PM
its still too small...maybe it won't be for a 1 month old!!!

rebecca
11-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Love the hat...model is tooooo precious ;)

KellyK
11-08-2005, 03:09 PM
She always looks SHOCKED. :lol:

Ingrid
11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Great hats! I really have to do a Tychus! Love the flower, Carmell--and your Krickett, as always is the perfect model! (I think she's surprised that her mom made a beanie!)

Angelia
11-08-2005, 05:07 PM

I'm so behind in this thread...sorry to have to group everyone together like this: So many lovely hats and socks :inlove: :inlove: ...and what a gorgeous baby :)

Wow, and all of you knit in such vibrant and well-choson color combos--you're all far braver than I!

koolbreeze
11-08-2005, 05:53 PM
thanks!
yeah i don't know whats up withthat look!!!

rebecca
11-08-2005, 07:39 PM
thanks!
yeah i don't know whats up withthat look!!!

That's a 'check me out...I'm very 8-) cool look...and I expect everyone to know it!!!' ;)

Clabbergirl
11-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Finally, it's finished! This is my second, ever project at knitting. I can't wait to wear it. The best thing is, my husband got special tickets to next movie showing the day before the actual premier!!! They were free through his employer, and it will be on his birthday, the 17th!

Can't wait. Of course, I will be wearing my scarf.

Angelia
11-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Finally, it's finished! This is my second, ever project at knitting. I can't wait to wear it. The best thing is, my husband got special tickets to next movie showing the day before the actual premier!!! They were free through his employer, and it will be on his birthday, the 17th!

Can't wait. Of course, I will be wearing my scarf.

Oh, how cool is that! Fantastic scarf--I know you will be the envy of the other theatergoers :)

KellyK
11-08-2005, 09:53 PM
:cheering: Looks GREAT!

foothills
11-08-2005, 10:04 PM
EVERYTHINGlooks great...I :heart: the hat Rebecca and KK...

Danielle and Julie...the socks are beautiful :cheering:

Joyce

KellyK
11-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Presenting......GRRRRR!

I know I have 5 other projects on needles, but the yarn was on sale for a scarf my coworker had requested. It only took 2 hours, anyway....the colors are SO SO SOOOO rich! Im gonna ask Amy if she'd like the pattern for her free pattern section.

Angelia
11-08-2005, 11:11 PM
"GRRR!!" indeed! I LOVE that, KK! :heart:

It needs eyes, though... ;)

punkhippiemom
11-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Grrrrrrreat project, KK! ;)
Your little girl :shock: is too cute, kb... and the hat should be perfect for a (little) baby...
Rebecca I am just drooling over that yarn.... someday....
I love all the hats, if I didn't have too much on my plate already I would be all over that Tychus... yummy!
Sigh.... back to work....

rebecca
11-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Clabbergirl....I'm loving your scarf..very cool 8-) that you get to wear it to the movie :D

KK....cool 8-) furry scarf!!

PHM..Tychus only takes maybe a day to knit, not even a day...it's very quick and very easy...come on...knit another .....I AM the enabler ;)

Jeep_Girl
11-09-2005, 09:20 AM
All FO's look great!!!

Kelly Kelly - let us know when the pattern goes to the site!!

KellyK
11-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Here's a closeup of the colors...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/grrrrr_color_detail.jpg

KnittinKitten
11-09-2005, 11:09 AM
KK-
Looks like you got a knittinkitten modeling your new scarf. Was I there? Did I do good? Do I get royalties or sumthin?

Grrr, indeed.

:XX:

mrsbrooks
11-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Here I was tell'n you all I could not send you a picture of the dish cloths ...and guess what...THEY TURNED OUT lol...you can see the Cross's and the Paw print so here they are ...I got both finished in 2 days.
Hugs,
Vanessa :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:
PS
going to get dressed pull up a chair outside and work on the baby blanket.Then tomorrow the HAT lol...then when hat is done the baby dress! :happydance:

HeatherFeather
11-09-2005, 12:00 PM
AWSOME work!!!! that technique is on my list of "somethings" to try!!! :)

hmm...we are close enough to pen state...might give that a try...what are their colors???

mrsbrooks
11-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Penn state i have no clue lol but if you do to the site i added in the post talking about i could not send a picture so here is the pattern....they have all kinds of stuff on there!@!!!
Hugs,
Vanessa :heart:

Clabbergirl
11-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Great scarf, Kelly, and so quick!

Angelia
11-09-2005, 12:41 PM
:heart: :heart:

Lovely close-up, Kelly! Is it metallic/bronzey, or is that just the way the light is hitting the furry bits?

(What yarn did you use, btw? One of my nieces would love that scarf, and the speedy knitting is sure a bonus!)

KellyK
11-09-2005, 01:18 PM
I used Patons Bohemian, LB Fun Fur and Bernat Disco....so, there are litle sparkly bits as well as non-sparkly bits.

amy
11-09-2005, 01:27 PM
CUUUUTE! :inlove: love the paw.

dustinac
11-09-2005, 01:56 PM
:cheering: :cheering: way to go everyone!! Everything looks great.. Kelly hope ya can share the free pattern thats about the color I have in disco like the grrr scarf LOL all the hats are cute and the babies are soooo sweet and I'm soo afraid I'm gonna forget to mention something that I better stop.. I love it allllllll :thumbsup: Great job everyone!!

Here is my 3rd baby afghan 4th if you count the one I didn't make wide enough and gave to my lil girl for her babies... LOL This is the baby blanket liznwillow posted under the pattern topic. I did it in yarn my mom gave me for it.. (its going to her co-workers daughter) the yarn is Red Heart Soft in different colors.. I have fingerless gloves to post but gotta get a better picture and now I'm almost done with my grandmother's shawl so will prolly wait and do that all together LOL.. Anyways here it is..

rebecca
11-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Dusti, I LOVE the baby blanket.... there's a lucky baby somewhere ;)

Ingrid
11-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Great job! Love the colors!

MaryS
11-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Heather,

Penn State's colors are blue and white (kind of a medium dark blue, darker than royal but not quite navy)

Mary

humblestumble
11-09-2005, 07:21 PM
I FINALLY get to share my newest masterpiece! Can you guess who it is? If not that's ok. I'll tell you. He's from a newish strange MTV movie.

Ingrid
11-09-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't watch too much MTV, so I don't know who it is, but I can say that you did a GREAT job on the knitting! :cheering:

rebecca
11-09-2005, 07:30 PM
VERY 8-) COOL 8-) PILLOW....I have no clue as to who would be in a new MTV movie...my bad ;) ...but I :heart: the pillow :thumbsup:

humblestumble
11-09-2005, 07:34 PM
It's Napoleon Dynamite :) I had to make the chart myself and I am so pleased with the outcome. It's a pretty funky movie. and I really can't stand MTV, but I really do love that movie because it's just so weird. It's about this kid who lives in the middle of nowhere and he's a complete dork who lies a lot to make people think he's cool. And it's set in present day, but everyone's dressed like it's the 80's. This is probably not the best synopsis, but I made this for a lady who is 45 and she and her two girls love the movie. :)

Thanks for the compliment :blush:

Ingrid
11-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I LOVED that movie!!! I just never equated it with MTV.

humblestumble
11-09-2005, 07:37 PM
MTV made it or produced it, but it's not like MTV at all, and I was surprised. Now it's like a cult classic with a bunch of people. When I went to see it in theatres, only about 6 other people were there besides my boyfriend and I.

Ingrid
11-09-2005, 07:40 PM
We watched it in school as an incentive reward with some students--teenagers, of course--and the ones I always knew had a brain liked it and the ones that lack that 'shine' thought it was dumb. They just didn't 'get' it. Plus it had an alpaca! :rofling:

CateKnits
11-09-2005, 07:42 PM
I love that movie!
"Tina, EAT THE FOOD!" :D

mintdee
11-10-2005, 12:56 AM
I finished it!!!!!! The blasted poncho that I was knitting for Sara. Took me 3 weeks but I am finally done. It started out the poncho that is on the getting started page here but ended up a bit different because I calculated wrong. but it still works :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/mintydee/finished%20objects/IM000021.jpg
This is the poncho I made for Sara before the crochet border
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/mintydee/finished%20objects/IM000022.jpg
Finished the border after Sara went to bed so no model.
Wooo I am so happy to be done. Turned out pretty decent if I do say so my self. :D

snephenie
11-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Just call me the Bag lady, my friends do! LOL.
here is the bag I felted a few nights ago. I have 3 sitting here waiting to be felted, but she was impatient.

Oh, and I had to take a pic of DD, she wants to learn to knit SO BAD!! Anyone know of any 3 year old knitters? LOL

knitqueen
11-10-2005, 02:39 AM
THAT PIC OF YOUR DAUGHTER IS PRICELESS!!!! :heart: :D So cute!!!

KellyK
11-10-2005, 08:20 AM
I was lunching at an Irish Pub last week and the waitress told me that her mother taught her to knit when she was 3. I cant imagine she was casting on or increasing or anything, but Jillie MIGHT be able to manage garter st if you cast on for her.....Its worth a try if she's SO (adorable and) interested!!

Steph.....WHERE'S YOUR HEAD???

VERY cute bag!! Looks like CHRISTMAS!! :cheering:

Angelia
11-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Aw, she's precious--look at the concentration!

She actually looks pretty comfortable with what she's doing--can she teach me how to do that? :D

dustinac
11-10-2005, 08:40 AM
ohh I love that pillow!! I need an Elvis one

I love your purse is the wool from knitpicks love those colors :thumbsup:

Your little girl is so precious what a cute photo!!! :cheering:

I love the poncho great job :thumbsup:

I hit submit to fast!!

Thank you all for your comments on my baby blanket.. The next blanket I will do is this one for my son http://www.fceasyknitting.com/magazine/preview.html

the bottom right corner has dogs and cats on it LOL afttteerrr Christmas!!

kemp
11-10-2005, 09:51 AM
MrsBrooks those are so cute! I especially love the paw.

koolbreeze
11-10-2005, 10:24 AM
my almost 3 year old ask..."mommy are you going to teach me to knit?" i say yes...i'm not a teacher. i guess the worst i can do is show her and see if she gets it.

Angelia
11-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah, give teaching her a try! She'll like doing what mommy is doing. (How cute, the two of you sitting on the couch knitting!)

Someone should start a new thread entitled "toddlers knitting" and post photos for us all to enjoy :)

snephenie
11-10-2005, 11:18 AM
She WILL be a knitter, I can tell.
Last night she wanted to "try" on the bag I only have 3 rows left...umm no thank you.
So I grabbed a ball of cotton I had been playing with and hand her some cheap Susan Bates. NOOOOOOOO
She goes to my basket and pulls out a set of my Addi's!!!!! Yep, Future knitter AND needle snob.

KK...That's not me holding the bag, it's my co-worker who also happens to be named Steph. She's an avid crocheter but since I've been showing her my stuff she wants to knit, she may join us here. :)

Oh and thanks for the compliments on my bag and DD, I forget who asked but YES YES YES, it's knitpicks :) I love that place.
It's Cloud, Evergreen & Hollyberry

rebecca
11-10-2005, 11:50 AM
LOL, Angela, I didn't equate the movie with MTV either...very cool charting job, too....indeed one for the knitting memories album :cheering:
Sandra, I love that color & your daughter is too precious wearing it :D
Steph, cool bag...perfect pic of your daughter ;)
JOBS WELL DONE EVERYONE :D :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

dana_renay
11-10-2005, 11:57 AM
It's not perfect, but I'm pretty proud of myself anyway!
I think it is so cool that on Saturday, this was just a ball of string, and now it's a useful object.
Creating is quite the rush.

Mer
11-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Lovely projects, everyone! I love that scarf, dana_renay. Isn't that yarn yummy? :inlove:

KellyK
11-10-2005, 12:54 PM
SO pretty, Dana!! :inlove:

Angelia
11-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Ooooh, Dana! That is gorgeous :heart: :heart:

I love the purpley-blue. And it looks deliciously soft... :inlove:

mrsbrooks
11-10-2005, 02:40 PM
I FINISHED THE MOCK CABLE HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo hooooo AND i have decided to keep it for me!!!!!!!!!!! I have not made myself anything in a year! MINE MINE MINE HA HA HA HA . That and i have christmas done for now. All i need to do is get little gifts for people so shew! HERE IT IS i posed for it lol and my teddy bear my grandma gave me when i was like 8 years old and refuse to get rid of it now she is passed on lol. HERE IS THE HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Vanessa :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:
ps all i have now is the baby dress from hell to finish lol woo hoo
:frog: :X: :frog: :X: :frog: :X: :frog: :X: :frog: :X:

MaryS
11-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Vanessa,

Your hat is lovely! Is there a link for the pattern?

I also :heart: :heart: your cute bear. It's an heirloom!

Mary

mrsbrooks
11-10-2005, 03:17 PM
here is the pattern sorry i forgot i added the link in the working but not finished lol oops lol...thank you about the teddy bear my grandpa and grandma could only afford one gift one year..the rest of the years we got nothing from them but love, and for me that was enough but MAN that teddy bear was a HEART TO HEART bear and i love it to death lol now grandma has passed on all i have is my teddy bear and the crocheted afghans she has made.
Hugs,
Vanessa
ps
now working on baby dress WOO HOO!!! :XX:
http://www.knitlist.com/99gift/baby-ribbed-hat.htm

CateKnits
11-10-2005, 03:28 PM
I tried the duplicate stitching several times and kept hating it. So this was my compromise...
I finished the Harry Potter scarf! It's not nearly as long as the pattern...The pattern saif 85 inches and I ended mine at about 64 inches, so it's as long as I am tall.

kemp
11-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Everyone is making such fun stuff! I haven't posted to this thread for a while...I keep forgetting even though I always put them on my blog. I finished a scarf (http://www.divaknitting.com/patterns/becciescarf.pdf) for my friend Beccie last night and I should finally finish Jim's cable sweater today.

Angelia
11-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Yummies!

Vanessa, the hat is gorgeous! I love the mock-cables! And that color green is fantastic. I like the hat on you and the bear :) If you're keeping that one for yourself, you should at least knit him one!

Cate, the scarf looks fantastic, right down to the monogram at the bottom :)

And Kemp, Beccie's scarf is lovely--and those colors are so vibrant.

Yay, everyone!

Vendie
11-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Everybody's FOs are looking great!!!

Kemp - so that's a self patterning yarn? It's a beautiful scarf, your friend is going to love it!

kemp
11-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Yep...self patterning. Love not having to change colors!

rebecca
11-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Boy, we really have to check in here often to keep up with everyone's goodies :D !!

Dana- :heart: in' your scarf!
Nessa-I do luv that hat..gotta have one ;)
Cate-cool 8-) Happy scarf!
Cheryl-I do so love :inlove: your friend's scarf....beccie, is it...is that your nickname for me ;) ?!

feministmama
11-10-2005, 09:44 PM
I put these in my blog too but what the hey. THese are socks hats and mittens for my 7 year old cousins. The socks are made of Micro spun, the hat are stranded TLC with a fake mohair and the mittens are from that stuff Iused a while back to make slippers but I didn't realize it was superwash. The fluffy whote cuffs are some stuff that was on sale at Micheals (and I had my 40% off coupon). I used acrylics cuz they're kids and kids need acrylic. I have a real wool scarf I made that I'm thinking of giving them its real soft and purdy. Hmmm..... :thinking:

feministmama
11-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Oh yeah the hats were made with a pattern form someone here at KH. Can you tell?

Angelia
11-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Those are gorgeous! :cheering:

And about children needing acrylic...some of us adults need it, too :)

InterNette
11-10-2005, 10:22 PM
wow everyone is super busy. Santa is getting major help this year.

KellyK
11-10-2005, 10:37 PM
WOWWWW!!!!

Cate, your scarf is POTTERIFIC!!

Vanessa...GREAT hats!

FEMMY... :cheering:

And, Kempy.... :notworthy: what a NEAT pattern! Love it!!

rebecca
11-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Femi....I am :heart: LOVING :heart: all of your projects :D

KellyK
11-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Here's my finished baby set with the knitpicks simple stripes yarn...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/harlequin_set.jpg

CateKnits
11-11-2005, 01:51 AM
I think I am in love with that hat, KK. I wonder how the yarn would look on a bigger one...

KellyK
11-11-2005, 02:19 AM
TRY IT!! The link is in my sig....the pattern has instructions for ALL sizes!!

CateKnits
11-11-2005, 03:50 AM
Okay, so this is what I've been doing for the past three hours. I need to sleep before I start the second one. :rollseyes:

Angelia
11-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Aw, KK, the baby set is adorable! Those little booties! They should go on display with the FT baby clogs!

And Cate, nice going with the sock--the first sock! It looks so snuggly warm!

:cheering:

mrsbrooks
11-11-2005, 08:38 AM
Everyone has done such BEAUTIFULL work! I am trying sooo hard to modivate myself now to finish this baby dress i am working on...I HATE FAN AND FEATHER! Whenever I get it done I will send it ..and I am trying to make a scarf the pattern Japanese Lace so we shall see lol.....
Hugs,
Vanessa :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :XX: :inlove: :heart: :XX: :inlove: :heart:

KellyK
11-11-2005, 09:26 AM
GREAT first sock, Cate!! No holes at the gussett! :cheering:

kemp
11-11-2005, 10:02 AM
femmy...love the mittens! What a great idea with the cuff.

kk...that hat/slipper combo looks like it belongs in some eskimo museum or something! That pattern is perfect for that self striping yarn. It looks so perfect.

Great sock Cate and thanks for the cute hat patterns Vanessa!

rebecca
11-11-2005, 02:44 PM
KK, I must say that I LOVE :inlove: LOVE that combo...too sweet it is ;)
Cate, I KNEW you could get that sock done...now u r most certainly going to be a member of the sock knitting addicts ;)

kemp
11-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Boy, we really have to check in here often to keep up with everyone's goodies :D !!

Cheryl-I do so love :inlove: your friend's scarf....beccie, is it...is that your nickname for me ;) ?!

:roflhard: :roflhard: Well, she is a Rebecca...but unless you're secretly Rebecca Coy living in England rather than the sock knitting Rebecca that lives in Georgia then it's not you! If you really like it that much though, I could make you one. Hey wait a minute! You already know how to knit! You could knit it yourself and just tell everyone its from me :mrgreen:

mishka
11-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I've not been in for over a week, but have been bowled over by the great FO's. Loving so many, inc. Hildegard's Butterfly clogs, how pretty!!

I gotta get :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

LOL

rebecca
11-11-2005, 07:25 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: Well, she is a Rebecca...but unless you're secretly Rebecca Coy living in England rather than the sock knitting Rebecca that lives in Georgia then it's not you! If you really like it that much though, I could make you one. Hey wait a minute! You already know how to knit! You could knit it yourself and just tell everyone its from me :mrgreen:

Oh my :shock: !! You saw right thru my diabolical plan to impersonate an English woman with a very southern drawl who is receiving very cool knitted gifts from kemp!!!.... ;)

perced
11-11-2005, 07:43 PM
I haven't posted in awhile, so I have a few. I made the pink & red scarves from yarn I bought on a trip to Portland to visit my Dad last February. I only had one ball each, so I had to make them a bit narrower than I liked for this yarn.

I started the blue & biege scarf on the plane from Arizona. It is for my hubby.

I made the hats from some yarn I got on clearance in Arizona.

Just this week I made a bunch of stitch markers for my son's school bazaar. I really like making the markers, it's pretty fun.

Asana (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTasana.html).... Ugg, looks good on the blocking board. It was just a little too big, but workable. The straps were way too long so I had to cut & sew them. That looked ok. After sewing the velcro on it looks pretty crappy. I haven't picked it up to take the velcro out yet, but plan on just sewing the straps together. It is too cold to wear it so , it's not really a priority.

punkhippiemom
11-11-2005, 07:57 PM
I love the asana - I think I like it better in black than in the white...
and hats and scarves.... you've been really busy.
Thse stitch markers are really beautiful, too...
i want i want i want i want i want...
With the proliferation of pretty stitch markers, I've really started to become resentful of my tied-on waste yarn :? I may just have to make some for myself... :thinking:

Angelia
11-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Wow--you *have* been busy! Everything looks gorgeous. And I want all of those stitch markers....to wear as earrings :)

ebrperk
11-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Everything looks great. I really like the scarf you made for your husband.

Robin

rebecca
11-11-2005, 10:04 PM
:heart: Lovin' everything, Christine! Wow..u have been very busy!!!

KellyK
11-11-2005, 10:17 PM
WELCOME HOME, PERC!!!! You have been one PRODUCTIVE traveller!

Here's my first sock!! Part of a baby set with Knitpicks' Simple Stripes Crayon...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/crayon_sock.jpg

mintdee
11-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Perc your stuff is so pretty!

KK I love that sock! Can't wait until I get me some self striping sock yarn. :D

Angelia
11-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Yay for you, KK, and your first sock! :cheering:

I can only hope my first sock looks 1/4 that good! The colors are just great--is that actually self-striping yarn? The colors are more...thickly striped, I guess is what I mean to say, maybe because it's a baby sock?

I love funky and wild socks. I just need to learn how to make them and become one of the sock people ;)

KellyK
11-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Yup...its self striping and the stripes ARE thicker because its so teeny. If you compare those to the stripes on the hat I did a couple of pages ago, you can see the difference. Its a different colorway, but the result will be the same.

usamacka
11-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Here's a picture of my first projects beyond squares and rectangles--two hats I just finished. You can barely see the little hat in the picture--it's being worn by my cat. :D You can barely see the cat against my husband's coat, too.

I guess he'll have to wait until we go up north again to wear the hat though--we're running the air conditioning here in Houston! :wink:

LOVE THE CAT!!!

Angelia
11-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Yup...its self striping and the stripes ARE thicker because its so teeny. If you compare those to the stripes on the hat I did a couple of pages ago, you can see the difference. Its a different colorway, but the result will be the same.

:shock:

They should redo the self-striping for us big folks!

KellyK
11-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Actually, a normal, adult-sized sock will have pretty normal sized stripes. I think sock yarn is really MADE for adult-sized socks.

Jouf
11-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Everybody's stuff is GREAT. Kelly, I love your sock. Self-striping yarn was a neat invention.

Here's a pic of one of my very early fo's. Can you tell I like them? Guess I better invest in soles. There're a year old. Made with a double strand of yarn. They've had a very hard life and it may be time to make another pair. (I actually like them more than my clogs!!)

Mer
11-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Perced, those are some lovely FOs!

Here's a picture of my first projects beyond squares and rectangles--two hats I just finished. You can barely see the little hat in the picture--it's being worn by my cat. :D You can barely see the cat against my husband's coat, too.

I guess he'll have to wait until we go up north again to wear the hat though--we're running the air conditioning here in Houston! :wink:

LOVE THE CAT!!!

Thanks--wow, that post was from a long time ago! Hubby still hasn't had a chance to wear that hat...

Jouf
11-12-2005, 01:35 AM
This is my attempt at a Booga bag that I tried to combine with the look I liked of the Constant Companion, but I didn't have the pattern. It's not ALL that I had hoped for and I missed doing something on the bottom on one or two sides that make it real sturdy like the other two sides. Anyway, it has six full skeins of yarn in it (but I would still not call it cavernous!) and a couple pockets on the inside with the tape measure and book peaking out.

If I were to do it again, I'd sew the pockets on after it was done, not before felting like I did. I'd just take my yarn one more time around the whole base perimeter (inside) of the bag - that extra whatever on two sides really make a difference on the sturdiness. (And it's still lacking a button - I want an ivory tooth looking one.)

KellyK
11-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Its AMAZING! I LOVE the colorwork!! :notworthy:

Jouf
11-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Thanks, Kelly, but you are too kind! I got that little poinsettia or snowflake or whatever it is from one of EZ's books - it was for a mitten and I just took part of the pattern for the pocket.

InterNette
11-12-2005, 07:22 AM
that is a great bag. Love that snowflake.

Angelia
11-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Aw, those slippers have had a hard life indeed, but the look great still except for the sad sole! And the bag is wonderful; the colors so wintry and accompanied by the requisite snowflake! The sheep peering out is a nice touch :thumbsup:

dustinac
11-12-2005, 10:16 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Great job everyone!!

:lol: slippers are great thats wonderful they have held up for a year and just get more comfy :cheering:

I love the handbag the snowflake is so pretty :thumbsup:

Love the socks everyone my first pair is casted on and has a few rows of ribbing done... :D

Love the hats and mittens too great job !!

Kemp love the scarf!!

Great job on the baby items Kelly

Perced great job :happydance:

Ingrid
11-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Everyone's stuff looks so great--it's so hard to keep up with things when you take a day away. :rollseyes:

That bag is fantastic, Jouf!! :cheering:

javede
11-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Jouf, I'm in :heart: with that bag! One day I'll make another attempt at a felted bag....

KK, congratulations on your first sock :thumbsup:

kemp
11-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Pretty stitch markers Christine!

rebecca
11-12-2005, 02:07 PM
KK....YIPPEE KIYAY on the 1st sock, my dear :cheering: :cheering:
Jouf...lovin' your slippers :D and I adore your bag...very 8-) cool!!!!
javede...u will have no trouble with a felted bag..trust me ;)

CateKnits
11-12-2005, 04:10 PM
I finished the other one this afternoon!
I think I'm addicted...I can't wait to make more MORRRE!

you're all enablers...especially KK and Hildie! :oops:

Licensed2Cook
11-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I am trying sooo hard to modivate myself now to finish this baby dress i am working on...I HATE FAN AND FEATHER!Vanessa

I took a seminar last month led by Myrna Stahlman and the entire workshop was based on variations of the feather and fan pattern. Some of them are absolutely exquisite, you'll have to explore a few and fall in love with a new one.

rebecca
11-12-2005, 05:58 PM
:heart: in' your socks, Cate...u sock knitting addict, you :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

Angelia
11-12-2005, 06:07 PM
:cheering:

Yay, Cate! Those look fantastic, particularly for your first socks!

Nice shot of them, too :D

mintdee
11-13-2005, 12:32 AM
I posted this in my blog but Sommer asked me if I would post it here since it is a FO :D . She is so excited because this is her first FO on her little knitting machine. Since this pic was taken she has also made the other so she has a complete set. :happydance:

KellyK
11-13-2005, 12:45 AM
YOU GO ON WITH YOUR BAD LITTLE KNITTIN' SELF, SOMMER!!! :cheering:

Thanks for all the sockliments!! :lol: I finished the other one tonight.

And, I found myself looking at the sock yarn when I was at the LYS returning a book today.

Angelia
11-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Yay Sommer! :cheering:

I like the pose, too--very Broadway!

punkhippiemom
11-13-2005, 10:13 AM
YOU GO ON WITH YOUR BAD LITTLE KNITTIN' SELF, SOMMER!!! :cheering:
Thanks for all the sockliments!! :lol: I finished the other one tonight.
And, I found myself looking at the sock yarn when I was at the LYS returning a book today.
You tried to sneak that in, didn't you....;) but we saw it....
HEY EVERYBODY, KK'S ADDICTED TO SOCKS!!!

KellyK
11-13-2005, 11:25 AM
:mad: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
I wouldn't tell on YOU, PHM!!

:shifty:

kemp
11-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Awesome Sommer! YOu look like a move star :)

Great job on the socks Cate!

punkhippiemom
11-13-2005, 12:09 PM
:mad: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
I wouldn't tell on YOU, PHM!!
:blush: :roflhard:
I like socks, I just haven't been bitten by the bug yet ;)

Here's a finished project, not knitting, but knitting related... I have been sooo envious of all the beautiful stitch markers on here, so I whipped up a quick one last night... I think I'm hooked, I'm going to go scour Michael's for some proper beading supplies, this is just from leftovers...

edited because :doh: it would help if I posted the pic....

kemp
11-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Rebecca...no attachment?

punkhippiemom
11-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Rebecca...no attachment? :oops: Y'all are FAST!!

rebecca
11-13-2005, 03:47 PM
WTG Sommer :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Great job!!!

KK...I KNEW IT WOULD BITE U...SOCK BUG GOT KK!!!! U sock knitting addict, you :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

PHM...LOVE :heart: :inlove: your st markers...LOL, I was thinking of doing the same thing!

KellyK
11-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Well, I cant bite back until WELL after Christmas!! :lol:

Andrea
11-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Here's some bags I've finished awhile ago, but since I JUST figured out how to post pics I'm a little behind.... :rollseyes:

Ingrid
11-13-2005, 05:41 PM
You've been busy! Great job! Love the colors on that top one.

Andrea
11-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks, that's grey Cascade 220 with some Noro Kureyon held together.

Vendie
11-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Wow, it's been a looooooong while since I've been able to post a finished object to this thread. It's so good to be back ;)

It's still blocking, but I've finished the Backyard Leaves Scarf from Scarf Style. Woo hoo!

I'm giving this scarf to one of my SILs.

Andrea
11-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I just noticed Frida in the background...she's soo adorable :D
And of course, the scarf is beautiful too. I love the color

Angelia
11-13-2005, 08:48 PM
FiberGirl: That Frida is such a cutie! Guess you have a regular helper, huh? :) And the scarves--wow, those leaves are gorgeous. And in green, of course!

Andrea: The bags are beautiful I particularly like the top one, but only because that style appeals to me most;all of them are lovely. You have been busy! (Time well spent, obviously!)

Vendie
11-13-2005, 09:55 PM
FiberGirl: That Frida is such a cutie! Guess you have a regular helper, huh? :) And the scarves--wow, those leaves are gorgeous. And in green, of course!

Andrea: The bags are beautiful I particularly like the top one, but only because that style appeals to me most;all of them are lovely. You have been busy! (Time well spent, obviously!)

Yeah you shoulda seen Frida helping me when I was pinning the scarf down :rollseyes: she's really helpful - here mommy, I'll lay on it for you!

Andrea your bags ARE beautiful! I'm still working on my first one. I'm glad you're posting pictures now!!

mintdee
11-13-2005, 11:37 PM
The bags are beautiful! Love the color choices.

FG That scarf is so pretty :)

Everyone: Thanks from Sommer for the kudos on her arm warmers. She has been sick all day with some kind of stomache bug so hearing me read this thread to her made her day. Thanks all :D

Angelia
11-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah you shoulda seen Frida helping me when I was pinning the scarf down :rollseyes: she's really helpful - here mommy, I'll lay on it for you!

Surely there's officially a blocking technique that involves a cat! :D If not, there should be, given how many folks here have "helpful" kitties!

Angelia
11-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Everyone: Thanks from Sommer for the kudos on her arm warmers. She has been sick all day with some kind of stomache bug so hearing me read this thread to her made her day. Thanks all :D

Oh no! So sick that she cannot parade around in her arm warmers and truly enjoy their loveliness? That is just a shame! I hope you feel well soon, Sommer!

CateKnits
11-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Tell Sommer she should make me some ;) I got some yarn to knit some armwarmers and never got around to it. :oops:

snephenie
11-14-2005, 01:22 AM
My Denise's came yesterday!! I had all the neighborhood kids stalking the mail lady.
When she pulled up about 5 different kids ran in my house "Steph, she's here, she's here" LOL :)

So I had to try them out and made a hat...It's OK (not due to the needles)
I want a pattern that doesn't bunch so much at the top...can't seem to find what I'm looking for...any suggestions?

brendajos
11-14-2005, 01:27 AM
i think it looks great but i think the bunching is in the decreases. i think to have it bunch less you have to decrease more subtly....have to figure out how to make the body of the hat shorter then too though.

humblestumble
11-14-2005, 03:03 AM
I love the bags, scarf and hat! Great job guys! Wow :shock:

wewantmore
11-14-2005, 09:19 AM
I frogged this pattern twice before getting it right. :doh:

Michelle

KellyK
11-14-2005, 09:25 AM
AWWWW Michelle! He's so HAPPY to be wearing your hat!! Good job!

Angelia
11-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Yay Michelle! It's adorable!

Is that a pom-pom on top?

wewantmore
11-14-2005, 10:47 AM

Yes it's a pom pom that I made. I need to cut it down a bit. I didn't realize how big it would be on top of the hat. :oops:

Angelia
11-14-2005, 10:51 AM

Yes it's a pom pom that I made. I need to cut it down a bit. I didn't realize how big it would be on top of the hat. :oops:

Oh no, leave it! It would be disproportionate if trimmed. It's cute :)

(I am not an Alias addict, but that Michael Vartan... :heart:)

margie
11-14-2005, 11:27 AM
I finally finished my BIL's clogs!! They are size 13, with suede soles. He will be receiving them for Christmas. One present down, a gazillion more to go........ ;)