PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

brookenic
04-19-2005, 01:12 PM
I love the shoe. Do you have a link to that pattern?
Nice bag! Looks great. ~Brooke

KellyK
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Awesome bag, Vic!

Julie
04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Brooke, I PM-ed you about the pattern!

VictoiseC
04-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Thanks Kelly ! looking for compliments today ha ha

:blush:

beldaraan
04-19-2005, 04:05 PM
That is a B-E-A-U-tiful bag Vic!! I'd like to make an extra grande version of that to hold all of my son's teddy bears!

Nice pics.

(Does that sound like a pick up line?)

VictoiseC
04-19-2005, 04:43 PM
thanks beldy! :heart: this bag was fun to make and the biggest secret is it looks expensive but was from :shock: oh dear
Walmart.... a big cone of cotton for like $2.60 or $2.80. I still have bunches left. It'd be great for teddie bears!

carollovesyarn
04-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Nice pics.

(Does that sound like a pick up line?)

Works for me :thumbsup:

Um, anyway...I love the bootie! And I love the white summer bag (not to mention the view!).

Here's my bag out of Crystal Palace Deco-ribbon (more pics in this thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1234&highlight=)). Ignore the funky 60's chair.

Carol

Egeria
04-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Here's my bag out of Crystal Palace Deco-ribbon (more pics in this thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1234&highlight=)). Ignore the funky 60's chair.

Carol

That is such a GREAT bag! And the chair, waaay cool!

MaggieL
04-19-2005, 07:49 PM
rebecca,

I absolutely adore the scarf! :inlove: I hope you share/publish the pattern for those of us who are artistically challenged.

benniesma
04-19-2005, 08:32 PM
I got the pattern from the poncho from this site. It's the Easy Baby Poncho. Thanks to those who told me how long to make the rectangles for the toddler size!

And please excuse my daughter's messy hair. My husband was so impressed by the finished project he went and got the camera before I could fix it. And I just noticed her Blue's Clues tatoo makes her look a little biker babe-ish! :)

javede
04-20-2005, 12:36 AM
@Julie: at first I only saw the first pic and tried to figure out what the hell it was! Oh, a bootie!
It looks really cute, but how do you get from the first to the second pic? I sat here trying to "get" the construction, but I don't know how...

@Vic: Wonderful! It looks gorgeous in white! Did you use a pattern? And if so which? I want to knit a shopping bag for my mum for mothers day, but your bag looks better than the one I intended to do.

@Carol: Your bag is lovely too! I like that it's made out of ribbon yarn.

@benniesma: How cute! And I mean both the Poncho and your daughter!

Julie
04-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Javede....the oval on the right side is the sole of the shoe. First you join the heel seam (bottom left...sort of....the two short edges) then you stitch it all to the sole. Does that make any sense??

This was me when I saw the pattern ---> :?? but it was really so simple!

VictoiseC
04-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Javede... I started with this pattern:

http://www.geocities.com/knitter01/tote.html

But then I changed it because I wanted it to be very open and also to go quickly so I did those elongated stitches (wrap yarn around twice) every other row. Then I did the top border in a combo of garter/stockinette. Just sort of made it up as I went.

KatyKoolkat
04-20-2005, 04:43 PM
YAY!! I am finished one bootie!! I swear, it's not much bigger than a pin, and it fits on my pointer finger just right (anyone for finger warmers?). Anyway, it's finished, and now on to the other bootie and then some more hats and booties and maybe some blankets (if I can find the right pattern).

Katy

PS
All the newest projects look fabulous!! Write more when I have the time, sorry!

feministmama
04-21-2005, 02:38 PM
I got the pattern from the poncho from this site. It's the Easy Baby Poncho. Thanks to those who told me how long to make the rectangles for the toddler size!

And please excuse my daughter's messy hair. My husband was so impressed by the finished project he went and got the camera before I could fix it. And I just noticed her Blue's Clues tatoo makes her look a little biker babe-ish! :)

Hair schmair she is so cute!! Love this poncho!!

JessicaSant
04-22-2005, 01:51 PM
just finished my bracelet based on this Knitty pattern: Mary Ella (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTmaryella.html).

It was actually very easy to make once you got used to the small needles.
I made it on size #000 needles (1.5mm) rather than the #0000 (1.25mm) that they suggested.

And I've already got requests from friends and my sister for their own bracelets.

rebecca
04-22-2005, 02:28 PM
I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: love it!!!
It's spectacular!! :inlove: :inlove: too cool and all that jazz....it's really beautiful...great job :cheering: :cheering:

HeatherFeather
04-22-2005, 03:16 PM
BEAAUUUUUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KellyK
04-22-2005, 03:53 PM
That beadwork must have been difficult! KUDOS to you!!! Its VERY cool! :cool:

feministmama
04-22-2005, 05:59 PM
I think I'd go blind working that small. :shock: Beautiful bracelet though.

knitfun
04-22-2005, 08:41 PM
How long did it take you? I would LOVE to knit that too!

I am a little intimidated by the beads although seems simple enough when you sit an reason with it!

Gee, can you make one for me too? JK, I would love to make one for my neices, they would totally dig it!

Just need to know how long you think it'll take......

GREAT JOB! It's gorgeous!

carollovesyarn
04-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Very nice! I'm wondering how long it took too! I need to get me some teeny needles...

MaggieL
04-23-2005, 09:48 AM
I started this project before Thanksgiving and just finished. There is a pattern on the sweater, but I could take a picture that would show the pattern.

Sara
04-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Here it is! I am finished! And I have five chilly days on which to wear it before I will have to put it away until next fall! Although DD was wearing a stocking cap to bed last August, it was so cold here. I'll post a couple more pics on my blog. The flip flop is for scale. I crocheted the fun fur on the straps. The idea came from the Lionbrand website, but their pattern is completely wrong.

rebecca
04-23-2005, 06:41 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Kudos, kudos on jobs well done!!!

KellyK
04-24-2005, 02:04 AM
AIBHLINN!!!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

carollovesyarn
04-24-2005, 03:46 AM
Very nice Kelly! I've had Aibhlinn on my list of to-dos for while now, but haven't found the right yarn. What did you use? Were the bobbles hard?

Carol

KellyK
04-24-2005, 03:55 AM
Thanks, Carol!

I used Jaeger Extra Fine DK Merino....so mom could wear it in winter. It is SOOOOOOOOO soft. I was hoping Id have a whole ball left, just so I could SQUEEZE it every once in a while!

It took me about 3-4 bobbles before I got used to them. Not bad!

rebecca
04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Kelly...is this a surprise for your mom, or is she already waiting for it?!
It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
You are the knitting :notworthy: QUEEN :notworthy: today, for sure!!!

KellyK
04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks, Rebecca....

It was a surprise when I gave it to her half-done ON her birthday...she's just waiting for the finished product! :oops:

rebecca
04-24-2005, 04:20 PM
:blush: Okay, now I don't feel so bad bc I'm gonna have to do that with the wedding afghan that I haven't been working on...lol!! I'm afraid I've been unable to knit this past week (pain thing)...so, my nephew will understand...thank God it's a family member...it's not just everybody that u can say....here, happy bday or congrats on the wedding...thought you'd like this unfinished gift!!
But...your mom LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it, didn't she...told u it was well worth the wait, I'm sure, bc it is simply divine!!

benniesma
04-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Kelly, that looks great!

Jivewhistle
04-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Kelly, i LOVE the Aibhlinn!!!

I can't wait to see a pic of someone wearing it.

KellyK
04-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks, Ben & Jive... :D

Julie
04-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Great job Kelly! It's gorgeous! :thumbsup:

KellyK
04-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks Julie!!! :heart:

feministmama
04-25-2005, 11:12 PM
SO Kelly is the Aibhlinn like a tube and you put yer head through it or is it a wrap? It's beautiful. It just looks so soft. You wanna make me one? :drooling: jus tkidding

KellyK
04-25-2005, 11:30 PM
It IS like a tube....you can just wear it scrunchy around your neck like a scarf, OR you can also pull the back up over your head if its windy or cold!

Im not sure Ill be makin another one of these anytime soon. ;)

perced
04-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Here's my latest. I made this for my daughters 14th birthday at the end of May. I think she will be getting it early. I am excited it worked out fairly well. If I did it again I would start the design right away. I like to make my hats with less pucker.

feministmama
04-26-2005, 01:52 PM
is that a grenade! That is the coolest thing I ever saw.....today

Yvonne
04-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Remember the rummage sale where I got the motherlode of yarn? Here are some things I made with it. The blue scarf is Reynolds Fleur de Lis mohair (so soft!). The orange scarf is for my daughter to wear for band events as the colors are perfect for that, believe it or not. It's a mystery yarn as there was no label. It's some kind of cord with little confetti-type things hanging off it.
The poncho is not from that yarn, but from some boucle I bought on ebay. It actually isn't brown, but infiltrated with shiny bits of turquoise, peach, etc. I'll try to post a close up of the stitches, though the photo is a bit fuzzy.

Yvonne
04-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Hmm, pics didn't attach. Let me try again. When I tried it again, it tells me it's too big. Back to the drawing board...

Yvonne
04-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Trying again with pics; I think it will work this time but forgive me if they are annoyingly huge! :doh:

tinkercat
04-27-2005, 10:35 AM
i am going to try this lol

These are my recently finished .

Vanessa :XX:

Sara
04-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Vanessa, nice colorwork! Is that a duck on the hat? Very cute. Welcome, btw.

rebecca
04-27-2005, 10:48 AM
:XX: :XX: Good Morning everyone!!
Very, very cool hat, Christine...daughter will :heart: :heart: it & be the envy of friends!!

Yvonne...same thing always happened to me about the file being too big...then I just went to photobucket & do it all from there!! I remember the stash :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: u hit the mutha load for sure...and I'm :heart: ing all your diddies that u made! I really :heart: that color blue in the scarf...one of fave colors!!

And I remember seeing all of those pics, Vanessa!! Knew u would pop over here...lol :roflhard: :roflhard:

ya'll all have a big ole :heart: able :XX: :sunny:
translation: u all (ya'll is bc i'm in Ga) have a big loveable, knitty day!!
Remember that...no test at the end of the day...but no more explanations!!....I'm brutal that way...lol :roflhard: :roflhard:

yarnpiggy
04-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Here are pictures of an illusion scarf I just completed for my sister, who loves stars and the colors pink and green.

I knitted it with Caron Simply Soft Brites in Watermelon and Limelight--the colors in the pictures are pretty accurate.

~ Michelle

perced
04-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Here are pictures of an illusion scarf I just completed for my sister, who loves stars and the colors pink and green.

~ Michelle

That is pretty cool!

KellyK
04-27-2005, 02:07 PM
I tell ya...that illusion stuff just FREAKS ME OUT! :oo:

GREAT job, everybody!

tinkercat
04-27-2005, 02:45 PM
ok do the pictures work now????? i realized what i did wrong lol.

Vanessa :roflhard:

amy
04-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Okay, catching up here...
Nice slippers, Julie!
Nice white bag, Victoise!
Carol, that ribbon-yarn bag is awesome!
BenniesMa, what a cute daughter you have! Nice poncho!
Jessica, wow, nice beaded bracelet! Very cool.
KellyK, Aibhlinn sure is pretty! Nice work!!
Christine, nice work on that hat! Looks like a strawberry hand grenade.
Yvonne, wow you've been busy, nice stuff, love the poncho especially.
Michelle, I :inlove: LOVE your illusion scarf! NICE, did you design it? Great!

Here's what I've been up to:

A cell phone cover. I've put up the pattern here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11719#11719).

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/patterns-asf/cell-cover-details.jpg

And, something Knotty for the Knit Something Knotty KAL that Hildie started....more pics & details here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1089&start=45). I'll write up the pattern if there's the interest in it! (sorry I haven't blocked it yet.)
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/patterns-asf/garter-lacework.jpg

KellyK
04-27-2005, 04:53 PM
OH, AMY...I LOVE the leaf pattern!

rebecca
04-27-2005, 05:11 PM
the knotty....great imagination....and who knew?! that's where i keep my cell!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: I can see ME (i'm not exactly skinny) going for my cell, let's say, there's an emergency at :oops: our family reunion...lol....j/k with u....IT IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL & great work!!! I love... :thumbsup: great imagination for the knotty, I must say....WTG!!!

vanessa...your pics r working great now...do u remember me yet?!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Michelle.... :heart: :heart: :heart: the illusion scarf...that is just too freaky~~ :cheering: :cheering: was it hard to do?!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:
GREAT WORK ONE AND ALL!!!!

yarnpiggy
04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Amy- I didn't really make up the illusion pattern. I "stole" the star chart from part of the DIY illusion scarf episode charts and rewrote it in pattern format.

Rebecca- It actually wasn't hard to do at all. That's what I :heart: about it! It looks difficult, but it really isn't. It's all just knit and purl and switching colors every two rows.

~ Michelle

rebecca
04-28-2005, 08:07 AM
difficult or not...i love it...looks very cool!! I saw my 1st illusion scarf in the 1st stitch n bitch book...then saw the girl do it on knitty gritty...she said it was easy, too....but :thumbsup: it's good to talk to a 'real' person to find out that the easy of books & tv is the same as the 'easy' of us non tv-ers!!
have a :sunny: day

Mer
04-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Here's a picture of (a headless) me wearing my finished tank from the newest knit.1 magazine. I'm pretty happy with it! It was supposed to have buttons but I didn't think it would look too good buttoned up so I just went with the tie.

brookenic
04-28-2005, 09:52 PM
That's really great! Nice color. :D Was that hard to make?

Mer
04-28-2005, 10:02 PM
That's really great! Nice color. :D Was that hard to make?

Thanks! Not really hard, the body part is all stockinette, and the ruffles are actually crochet. So I had to learn to crochet, but it wasn't bad once I got the hang of it. :thumbsup:

KellyK
04-28-2005, 10:09 PM
MER...that is SOOOOOOOO cute! I LOVE the lettuce edge! And, good call on the tie!

Tonight must be a night for productivity....here's baby bro's Chuck Hat (Im not gonna call it Charlie Brown because of copyright stuff. But, I remember Peppermint Patty calls him "Chuck" :thumbsup: )

tinkercat
04-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Mer, Kelly LOVE YOUR WORK...me on the other hand is STUCK on my stupid sock lol , and i started a bubble hat from knitty a i have never made bubbles so we shall see how it turns out. I added the berry part to the rim wrong lol hey it is for a baby like they will know i made a mistake lol. I will pist a picture once i see if i am doing it right lol.
:thumbsup:

benniesma
04-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Kelly those stripes turned out great!

And Mer, that is gorgeous! Love the color and the tie. I can't imagine it with buttons. :D

KellyK
04-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Thanks, Ben.....

Hey, Tink...post a link to that hat!!

rebecca
04-29-2005, 02:39 AM
WTG!!Mer...that top is very lovely...I really like the color & absolutely agree with u about the ribbon... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:heart: ing that hat kelly...very 8-) indeed!! FYI... :heart: hats about as much as socks..lol

Vanessa, I'm not sure of the sweater u r talking about. R U talking about bobble? I've attemped them a few times, without great success, of course..my fault I was frustrated when I tried...then I saw someboday on tv do it & made it look easy. Now...please, please forgive me if your talking about something other than bobbles bc I'm #1--tired and B.--haven't been knitting that long!!
ya'll have a good nite :zzz:

tinkercat
04-29-2005, 08:29 AM
I am trying to make the tart baby hat i think is the name of it ....it is bubble berry pattern the p2 bbl pattern....I think i am doing it correct we shall see lol. I tore it out last night and started over, So we shall see.

Vanessa :happydance: :thumbsup: :cheering: :lol: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

gimmesanity
04-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Mer, that top is TOO cute! Good job! :thumbsup:

Kel, :heart: the beanie! Was it difficult to knit?

Me, I've been working on the same friggin baby sweater for almost two weeks now. *sigh* It's not even all that difficult (got the pattern from Debbie Bliss' "Baby Knits for Beginners") I just kinda ran out of steam on it. It's SO boring. :crying: However, I refuse to start on anything else until I get the silly thing finished. At the rate I'm going, my daughter will be starting high school before it's done....

~Sharon, stuck on the boring arse sweater

Yvonne
04-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Kelly, Mer and Amy--I love all your stuff!
The cell phone holder brings to mind that earlier this week my daughter's 5th-grade teacher gave her some leftover wool she had, thinking my daughter could use it for some little thing. As it turned out, the teacher's birthday was the very next day. We decided to use one of the wools to make her a cell phone case. It was really pretty variegated, shades of red, purple, green and blue. So my daughter crocheted the thing and we tried felting it (we never felted before). It came out so great! We made it with a flap and buttonhole, then sewed on a fancy royal blue fabric button. She loved it and couldn't believe my daughter made it herself. I only helped with the button, designing, the seaming and felting. :oops:
Forgot to take a picture, darn it.

KellyK
04-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks for all the kudos, everybody! :mrgreen:

Sharon, I LOVE double-knitting. I made my first one for DH from a pattern that I "tweaked" to make it go a bit faster. This hat is SO warm. And, no, its not HARD, it just gets a bit "futzy" for the decreases.

gimmesanity
05-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Here are my recent FO's. The first two are hats (duh.) The black one is a k2p2 skully for DH from SNB. It looked so small when it was being blocked, but, surprisingly, it fits over my hubby's huge melon. :shock:

The green hat is my first non-scarf FO. :cheering: The pattern is from Debbie Bliss' "Baby Knits for Beginners." I've attached a pic of dd wearing the hat the day she was born. :D

The needle holder is from SNB. I :heart: :heart: :heart: it! I bought the amount of fabric that was called for in the pattern, but only ended up using half of it. What's up with that?? So, I have enough to make another. I'll probably make another one that isn't as wide and with more pockets to hold my notions and stuff. I got the fabric on sale - I think the fabric plus the ribbon was like a whopping $6. Not too shabby. Oh, and I kinda cheated by getting striped fabric for the inside so I didn't have to worry about measuring out straight lines. Me not so good with the ruler... :??

~Sharon

Egeria
05-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Awwww, your daughter is adorable in that little hat!!

And the needle case is lovely :D

knitqueen
05-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Here's my finished booga bag. I am SO thrilled how it turned out!!

:cheering:

carollovesyarn
05-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Sharon, you may not be too good with rulers, but your needle case is fantastic! And the hats are great - your daughter's is perfect. And she is darling!

knitqueen - very cool Booga bag - your stripes are really nice!

Carol

KellyK
05-01-2005, 06:50 PM
OMG that baby (with or without BEAUTIFULLY DONE HAT) is PRECIOUS!!!

And, the colors on that Booga are just the COOLEST.

Here's the hat I finished for DH's Aunt today....

Now, on to a sweater for Howie!

Julie
05-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Cute hat Kelly! Is that Bernat Denim Style?? (I :heart: that yarn! So soft!)

hedgehog
05-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Those hats are lovely (all of 'em...) Never made a hat but i guess i'm gonna have to try sometime...

And the BAG...

WELL!! I'm not much of a bag kinda girl, but that booga bag is brilliant! I'm well impressed!

I'm almost tempted to make one but have no real reason to...

*note to self - find reason to make cool bag*

*next note to self - you have a MILLION other plans on the go or rolling around in your pea brain... bag can wait...*

I'm off to quiet the voices in my head....

-hh

Jivewhistle
05-01-2005, 07:25 PM
omg there are so many good things here, I might forget someone...so sorry if I do! lol

Mer- :heart: LOVE :heart: that top!!!!!

Kelly- again, that chuck hat is really cool.

gimmesanity- :heart: LOVE :heart: the hat on the baby. She is so adorable. Your needle holder is really cool too.

knitquen- OMG your booga bag is freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly-that hat looks great! I love the color.

MaggieL
05-01-2005, 10:10 PM
gimmesanity,

Your baby is precious. I :heart: your needle case.

KellyK,

That hat color is beautiful. Nice job! :thumbsup:

VictoiseC
05-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Wow oh wow. Lovely stuff here. Kelly, that hat is such a soft lovely colour, really wonderful, my type of colour. I went to an artists/craft show outdoors today in New York. There was a woman selling hats with a lavender type of decoration, feathers, that I wanted: well, they were straw and feathers not knitted but when she said the price, I think everyone gasped: $265.00

(I love that beautiful felted bag, it's so pretty, the color!)

There were a couple of people selling knitted and felt things. Felted scarves: $85 and $65. A felted jacket: $185. Can you believe it? I dunno. I guess some folks can pay this price but not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Just a little sidenote. On prices.

P.S. Kelly, that looks like a nice simple pattern for that hat. Do you have a link to it? Or.... is it in a book I have maybe? (I just made a hat that's once again a little too tight around the bottom)

KellyK
05-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks SO much for all the compliments! :cheering:

Vic, here's the link (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/hatrollbrim.htm).

Julie, it IS Bernat Denimstyle...I LOVED working with it! I can picture a Spring/Fall sweater in the same yarn...Im just not a pink chick. They have lovely other colors, though!

VictoiseC
05-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks Kelly! I posted elsewhere... your blog? that you didn't give me the pattern! so sorry forgive please
Love taht hat, looks better in your version than in the link.

Rennagayle
05-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Victoise, at the risk of causing Kelly's head to explode :mrgreen: , I thought the same thing-that hers looks much nicer. The one in the link is nice, but if I were just perusing the net for free patterns and ran across Kelly's, I'd be much more inclined to want to make that pattern. I'm not particularly a pink kind of gal, either, but that is so pretty. I saw that yarn in Dallas the other day, and now wish I'd bought some.

tinkercat
05-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Ok i am done with my moms purse by mothers day lol!! My mom has the button so this is it !!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/MrsBrooks1978/DSC01686.jpg
Vanessa :X:

Silver
05-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Very nice Vanessa! I'm sure your Mom will love it! :)

KellyK
05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Victoise, at the risk of causing Kelly's head to explode :mrgreen: , I thought the same thing-that hers looks much nicer.

AWWWWWW SHUCKS! :oops: :inlove:

brookenic
05-03-2005, 01:33 AM
This is my second roll brim hat. It's navy blue though it looks black.

KellyK
05-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Again, LOVERLY!

Your decreases show up in SUCH A nice swirl pattern, Brooke! Why didnt mine do that? :(

brookenic
05-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Again, LOVERLY!

Why didnt mine do that? :(

Well Thanks Again :D You didn't post a pic of the top of yours.I'm sure it looks great! I just did what they told me.

tinkercat
05-03-2005, 02:31 PM
This is the purse i finished yesterday for my mom for mothers day. She has the button to put on it, other than that this is it.

Rennagayle
05-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Your purse looks fantastic! :D

Mer
05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
I posted a picture of my new top over on the tank top KAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=865&start=30)!

It's at the bottom of that page. :D

hippodamia
05-03-2005, 09:45 PM
:happydance:

This is my first completed knitting project EVER! I just bought knitting stuff in mid-March and was practicing here and there and am loving it!

I made the flower wash cloth from the Weekend Knitting book (library check out), it was so much fun to make, if not a little nerving when I moved from the circular needles to my way to short double-point needles!! Everything kept sliding off and I think I also managed to move everything on the needles upsidedown/backwards. ???

My hubby just put it on our kitchen table, heehee.

http://www.hippodamia.com/knitting/washcloth/side1.jpg
http://www.hippodamia.com/knitting/washcloth/side2.jpg
http://www.hippodamia.com/knitting/washcloth/onTable.jpg

Now I am off to make anouk for the May Knit Along! :D

Rennagayle
05-03-2005, 09:48 PM
That is SO cool. I am really impressed that that is your first FO. Wow! :shock: :thumbsup:

knitqueen
05-03-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm impressed too - circulars and dpns on your first project. WOW!

brookenic
05-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Those are so cute. :thumbsup:

SimplyKaar
05-04-2005, 06:50 AM
:happydance:

I made the flower wash cloth from the Weekend Knitting book (library check out), it was so much fun to make, if not a little nerving when I moved from the circular needles to my way to short double-point needles!! Everything kept sliding off and I think I also managed to move everything on the needles upsidedown/backwards. ???

First of: congrats on your first finish!!! That is an awsome looking flower, I love it :) Is it possible to find that pattern online somewhere aswell? I'm not in the USA so I don't have access to the same books as you all have and that flower thingie, even if it is supposed to be a wash cloth, would make a perfect low-budget gift for a friend who is probably about to move to a new house. I'd be interested in knowing how you made it.

/Karen.

mascarasnake
05-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Cross posted in KALs, Hooded Poncho KAL.

Enjoy the silly model faces.

Rennagayle
05-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Omigosh, I LOVE that hooded poncho. :heart: I guess you could call it a "honcho". Okay, that's a little lame, I guess, but I do like it! :D

KellyK
05-04-2005, 07:30 PM
I guess you could call it a "honcho". Okay, that's a little lame, I guess, but I do like it! :D

HAA! *Kelly slaps her knee*

Silver
05-04-2005, 09:55 PM
I don't know why, but when I look at your pics, mascara, I hear Madonna's Vogue. :D

Great poncho.. or honcho.. or ponchoodie. Whatever. lol

Rennagayle
05-04-2005, 10:05 PM
...or poodie (pronounced putty, like putty tat). :lol:

KellyK
05-04-2005, 11:18 PM
HOOcho! :rofling:

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 12:24 AM
For covering up HOOCHies. :mrgreen:

amourbliss
05-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Oh heck yea!!! I finally finished my rendition of the rag bag and I am so proud of myself....it took me awhile to get it done, but I succeeded!!!

KellyK
05-05-2005, 08:39 AM
LOOKS GREAT!!!!! :thumbsup:

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 09:04 AM
It looks fantastic-I simply LOVE the colors you chose. Is that different colored yarns, or one varigated color? It's so warm and rich looking.

Silver
05-05-2005, 10:51 AM
YAY!! Look wonderful! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

kemp
05-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Cross posted in KALs, Hooded Poncho KAL.

Enjoy the silly model faces.

I totally have "VOGUE" in my head too now. Cute poncho and cute you!

kemp
05-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Here is my first sock from my recent trip. Socks are a perfect portable project! The only issues I had were dropping needles on the plane which is not a good thing! My problem was reduced a bit when I finally got use to the #2 needles (never used less than 8 so far.)

One of them got lost on the way home between the carpet and edge of the plane. Unfortunately, there was a BIG gap between the bottom of the plane and the carpet that sucked it right up! Can't wait to get the next one finished, but need to get my "tempting" sweater done first. Now I know why they sell DPNS in sets of 5!

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh, Kemp, I love that yarn. What did you use?

kemp
05-05-2005, 03:55 PM
it is Regia 1937, see HERE (http://www.woolneedlework.com/Yarn/Regia_Yarn_Sockyarn_by_Schachenmayr_Yarn.shtml)

I bought it at my LYS, but this price is better.

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Thank you very much! I love the look of that yarn. I like socks to be wild. If I'm going to the trouble of knitting them, I want them to be noticed. :D

I bookmarked it for when I can buy again. I just spent all my splurge money on a set of Denise's, and am waiting ever so patiently (NOT) for them to arrive. :pray:

KellyK
05-05-2005, 05:07 PM
OH YOU FINALLY ORDERED YOUR CIRCS!!! :cheering: IM SO PROUD OF YOU, RENNA!!

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I guess I have you to thank, Kelly, for kicking my bootay into action. :happydance:

Would you believe, I just bought them Tuesday evening (eBay), and they arrived in my afternoon mail today? :shock:

I am SO happy! :cheering:

amourbliss
05-05-2005, 06:31 PM
It looks fantastic-I simply LOVE the colors you chose. Is that different colored yarns, or one varigated color? It's so warm and rich looking.

Actually it is just one yarn it's called Baruffa and I :heart: it!!!

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Excellent choice! :thumbsup:

knitqueen
05-06-2005, 01:16 AM
I used yarnmommy's directions in the patterns forum to make this toddler poncho for my soon-to-be-two-year-old niece! The yarn is really soft and fluffy (a pain to work with though :mad: ) and a beautiful purple colour which you can't really tell from the picture. I crocheted a little chain and threaded it through the top of the neck hole to make a little tie, and added heart bobble thingies to the bottoms of the ties and voila!! It cost me $4 to make. :happydance:

:XX:

Rennagayle
05-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Ohhh, that is adorable! :mrgreen:

KellyK
05-06-2005, 07:13 AM
CUTE! I LOVE the hearts...

MaggieL
05-06-2005, 07:27 AM
That is adorable. :thumbsup:

Yvonne
05-06-2005, 02:35 PM
I love it! The hearts on the ties are just the thing. You are so creative; what a good idea!

knitqueen
05-06-2005, 03:14 PM
And the hearts themselves I took from some OLD earrings I had (like from the 80s :oops: ) so I didn't even have to buy them! :cheering:

brookenic
05-06-2005, 04:20 PM
That is so CUTE!! :thumbsup:

Aby
05-06-2005, 08:02 PM
I was thinking.. "those hearts look like some earings I had back in the 80's" :rofling:

knitqueen
05-06-2005, 09:09 PM
I was thinking.. "those hearts look like some earings I had back in the 80's" :rofling:

:roflhard:

So funny!! The earrings were a "silver" round part at the top, then a long (like 2" probably) skinny metal stick, for lack of a better word, with the puffy metal hearts dangling from the bottom. Looooooovely!! :lol:

Aby
05-06-2005, 09:11 PM
EXACTLY... hehehe they were those open hooks that you would just slide into your ear.. I had gold, silver and red metal ones just like that. :happydance:

Mer
05-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok, so this isn't entirely done, but my SIL gave me this cute felted coin purse kit, so I felted it tonight and now it's blocking. The only thing that I could find that was the right size to block it on was this giant spatula--so, here's my coin purse blocking in my sink! :lol:

VictoiseC
05-07-2005, 08:36 AM
That's funny Mer, I'll have to remember that spatula idea for blocking!

Good idea.

Ohhh, I've been missing lots of great pix here. Mascara what a neat poncho/honcho. It's super. I want one! I love hoods......

And Amour that bag is chic chic, it's perfect. I haven't seen that pattern... did you post it further back? I know I can make that up fairly quick. I love the color you used.

ok, :thumbsup:

mascarasnake
05-07-2005, 07:51 PM
You can run, but you can't hide from...

THE FIBER TRENDS CLOGS THAT ATE CINCINATTI!!!

(post-felting pictures to come soon...)

Rennagayle
05-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Those are SO cool! I can't wait to see your finished product. :D

Mer
05-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product too, mascarasnake. I just bought that pattern this morning--I figured those would make some good Christmas presents!

rebecca
05-08-2005, 01:18 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
I must say one and all....EXCELLENT WORK...MOST EXCELLENT!!!!
Gardenia...that baby hat is just tooooo cute!!
Mer...loving the hat...I :heart: to make hats!!
ami...all of yours...absolutely spectacular!!
Peg...just, too good, girl!!
Yellowness.. :heart: ing all of yours, too!! Especially the wrist warmers of which I have planned to do several pair (of different types i'm pretty sure...u know, like socks..no 2 pair alike!) to go with my scarf and/or shawl and hat ensembles.
the way i see it is like this...is doesn't get too terribly cold here for too terribly long compared to other parts of the nation (and world) so..this year for knitting i want the entire little sets to match...u know..mittens to match your scarf to match your hat...same pattern, etc, etc...we must get the most out of the cold weather when we have it & when we do...that's often all we need...very rarely is there a reason for a large coat...now...i know ya'll r glad to have had the winter history of savannah
have a :XX: :XY: but not :frog: week one & all
PS ONE & ALL...I'M AFRAID THAT I POSTED THIS AFTER LOOKING AT PAGE 1 OF THIS POST...LOL...NATURALLY...LUV EVERYONE ELSE'S STUFF, TOO.... :doh: a bit of a fauz pas on my part...not unusual!

KellyK
05-08-2005, 03:02 AM
Mascara...I know whatcha mean! I just (almost) finished DH's size 13 FT Clogs tonight (had NO idea that it was 2am!!!) and I SWEAR I want to add wheels to them & give them to my 18 mo old niece to ride around in!!

I just have to knit the bumper on tomorrow & FELT AWAY! Im REALLY excited...these are my first ever felted items!
:cheering: eeeeeeee!

His are not such FUN colors, though! Gray & black....he's a MAN, alright. :rollseyes:

rebecca
05-08-2005, 03:47 AM
oops...wrong area...sorry

suziehomemaker
05-08-2005, 09:50 AM
I just want to apologize for putting so much stuff in one post but I just learned how to use the damn digital camera my husband bought. I work on my Christmas gifts all year long so here's the few that I have done - plus a few gifts for myself! I may just start a blog since I can't post most of these on my website until after Christmas 05.

rebecca
05-08-2005, 10:01 AM
suziehomaker...... :heart: :heart: :heart: all of your things!! your cabling is exquisite! everything is just wonderful!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: for you!!! :thumbsup: WTG
FYI....I did the xoxo pattern on a pair of socks...they were darling! I :heart: that pattern!

suziehomemaker
05-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks Rebecca! I love to cable now - I just need to ask my MIL to teach me how to piece stuff together. I'm going to experiment with finishing the cable purse and then get started on a sweater for my DH. He wants Alpaca so it's going to be expensive - I want to make sure I know how to finish it! He likes the fisherman cables and Aran styles so I'm looking forward to more challenges!

VictoiseC
05-08-2005, 10:59 AM
:rofling: That is too cute Mascarad Those are the biggest clogs I've ever seen.... show us the result ok? I've got to do this.

Suzie I love your stuff, so many beautiful projects. That little bag has great detail, esp compared to my simple bags. I've got to get a lot more creative I see. And the scarves are lovely, esp the Irish one. You do some great work!
(Now I've got to add the Irish scarf to my list, oh geez...)

KellyK
05-08-2005, 12:01 PM
SUZIE!!! BEEEEAAAAAUUUTIFUL!!!!!

And, YES...START a BLOG thread! Not because you can't continue to post your FOs here, but so we can get to know ya a little better!

mascarasnake
05-08-2005, 12:05 PM
wow, geeeooorgeeeooouuusss work, suziehomemaker!

suziehomemaker
05-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Ok - KellyK I just posted my blog thread. Whew!

knitqueen
05-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I just finished sock one of the 56 Stitch, 56 Row Sock Pattern (http://www.knittingnow.com/patterns/pattern_56StitchSock.asp) from the free patterns section of this website. I used Bernat Sox "Hot Tamale" yarn and US 3 dpns. I am so thrilled how it turned out and I would recommend this as a very good beginner sock pattern. This was my first sock ever and I found the pattern concise and easy to follow. And the fact that it wasn't loaded with ribbing made it a lot more manageable too. I even did the kitchener stitch to weave the toe (it's NOT as bad or as difficult as you think!!). Here ya go.....my first complete sock! YAY!!!!!

KellyK
05-09-2005, 12:13 AM
:happydance: KNITQUEEN'S GOT FUN FEET! KNITQUEEN'S GOT FUN FEET! KNITQUEEN'S GOT FUN FEET! :happydance:

knitqueen
05-09-2005, 12:17 AM
:thumbsup: You know it!! :thumbsup:

knitqueen
05-09-2005, 12:39 AM
:happydance: KNITQUEEN'S GOT FUN FEET! KNITQUEEN'S GOT FUN FEET! KNITQUEEN'S GOT FUN FEET! :happydance:

Actually, at the moment it's fun FOOT!! :roflhard:

mascarasnake
05-09-2005, 01:09 AM
So I finished this a while ago but never posted...It's the Velvet Oblivion eyemask from Knitty,

http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATTvelvetoblivion.html

made with cheaper chenille. I now understand why spending $16 on a skein of Touch Me would have helped--there's wool in it, so it felts a bit. Mine is huge! But hey, it keeps the light out!

DotMom61
05-09-2005, 08:39 AM
I just finished sock one of the 56 Stitch, 56 Row Sock Pattern (http://www.knittingnow.com/patterns/pattern_56StitchSock.asp) from the free patterns section of this website. I used Bernat Sox "Hot Tamale" yarn and US 3 dpns. I am so thrilled how it turned out and I would recommend this as a very good beginner sock pattern. This was my first sock ever and I found the pattern concise and easy to follow. And the fact that it wasn't loaded with ribbing made it a lot more manageable too. I even did the kitchener stitch to weave the toe (it's NOT as bad or as difficult as you think!!). Here ya go.....my first complete sock! YAY!!!!!

Ok, I never in a million years expected that I would be enticed to knit socks!! But now that I've seen this, I just might have to take them on!!! They're so cool! Very nice work!!

rebecca
05-09-2005, 08:56 AM
:shock: OMgosh......mascarasnake, you can't see me, you can't see me!!!! Oh NO!! j/k of course....very cool mask....I'm liking it...as well as your after post about socks!!
And Knitqueen....don't you just :heart: :heart: :heart: doing socks?! I knew ya'll would get hooked....my favorite thing!!
Okay, i'm gonna make the suggestion i always make...take it or leave it...but it works WONDERS for me!! i use dpns...love 'em and when i was doing my very 1st sock i read somewhere that this lady said that she knit her socks in tandem, both socks at the same time so that she didn't get the dreaded....SSS..."oh...i love my sock, :( but now i've got to do the other one when i want to start on a new pair",....that's the SSS. It just requires that u buy another set of dpns in whatever size u r using and after you, as example, c/o 56 sts on sock one, then do the cuff; u then put sock 1 down & do the same to sock 2; then continue as such thru out the pattern and voila....u have 2 socks done at the same time...this same lady that i was reading about knitting socks in tandem, also said that the sock knitting went much faster...i thought she was nuts...but i promise it seems as tho it does go faster :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:
have a sock knitty day :XX: :XX:

wtg...great jobs!!

knitqueen
05-09-2005, 10:52 PM
....It just requires that u buy another set of dpns in whatever size u r using....

Actually you know what? I think I DO have another pair of US 3 dpns. I just got a bunch of knitting stuff of my grandmother's that she doesn't use anymore and I think there were at least three needles of that size. So I don't have 2 complete sets, but can just use the 4th needle from my original set as the working needle for both socks.

I'll definitely do them in tandem next time!! Thanks for the tip!

Julie
05-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I just finished my duck booties! From Zoe Mellor's 50 Booties book. With the YARN FROM HELL. Let's just say that I'm grateful I only bought this yarn for a small project. The colors? Gorgeous. The feel? So soft and cuddly! But actually knitting with it?? Sheer hell. Can you name that yarn?? ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/duck_booties.gif

KellyK
05-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Im gonna guess MICROSPUN...because of the vertical lines on the knit sts

Julie
05-10-2005, 12:17 AM
:balloons: WOW Kelly! You are a WINNER!!! :mrgreen:

KellyK
05-10-2005, 01:09 AM
:cheering: YAYY ME!!! :cheering:

Why is it HELL to work with? I just got my shipment of Knitpicks Shine today, and it feels a whole lot like Microspun....

Yvonne
05-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Those duck booties are great, I love them!
And yes, it just has to be Microspun by the look of the stitches.
Kelly, I think she thought it hellish because Microspun has many plies and is kind of splitty if you aren't super-careful.
On the other hand, it is smooth and soft and has a lovely drape when worked up. I learned to like it.

Julie
05-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Yvonne, Thanks!

Kelly -- It's veeeery veeeery splitty. I made a lot of mistakes on these, and had to frog rows here and there -- imagine frogging rows of SEED STITCH with very splitty yarn. UGH! Picking up stitches wasn't fun either. But I'm happy with the finished product! :D

Yvonne
05-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Julie, if you see dropped plies still hanging out and they drive you crazy, just use a tapestry needle or the end of your knitting needle to poke them to the inside where nobody will see them and they won't make you homicidal. :rollseyes:

tinkercat
05-10-2005, 11:07 AM
i have a few cute patterns ....or at least i think i still have them lol a frog hat and booties, duck, elf, and tree sets. I will have to dig them out! I love those botties i may have to try some lol. by the way wish me luck going to a job center today i am praying they find me a job.... have a great day all....and may i want to make the duck hat and booties now lol .

vanessa :happydance:

HeatherFeather
05-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I have 4 things that are finished on my blog!!! :) I need to retake the shawl pic tho. It didn't come out very well.....I need to read up on how to post pics here. :) I think of the projects the thing I am most proud of are the purses. I learned some new techniques with those!!!

LisaD715
05-12-2005, 01:36 AM
Yesterday I finished the wrap I was making for a girl at work. I took a picture of it with a disposable camera, to finish the roll, so I wil have it developed this week. It turned out GORGEOUS!!!!!! I worked so quick on it the last week or so, I have never knitted so quickly.

She absolutely adored it!! I love the look on peoples faces when they get a homemade gift!

Off to make more scarves, so many people want them this year, that I need to work on them so they will be done in time.

I am a knitting fool!!!!! :XX: :XX: :XX:

kemp
05-12-2005, 08:55 AM
You can run, but you can't hide from...

THE FIBER TRENDS CLOGS THAT ATE CINCINATTI!!!

(post-felting pictures to come soon...)

Hey no! I'd prefer not to get eaten by your clogs :shock: ...maybe you could lure them someplace less populated?

They are very cute. Can't wait to see the final result.

kemp
05-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Ok - KellyK I just posted my blog thread. Whew!

Awesome stuff...I love your cables! Can't wait to see the sweater for DH :)

KellyK
05-12-2005, 09:01 AM
I think of the projects the thing I am most proud of are the purses. I learned some new techniques with those!!!
LOVE the colors of those bags!!! TOO cute!

Here are MY Fiber Trends clogs...dont worry, Kemp...they are past the "hungry" stage. :lol:

kemp
05-12-2005, 09:01 AM

:cheering: It looks perfect! I recenlty finished my first sock too and it wan't nearly as bad as I thought it was...actually pretty easy. Love the yarn.

kemp
05-12-2005, 09:06 AM
:shock: OMgosh......mascarasnake, you can't see me, you can't see me!!!! Oh NO!! j/k of course....very cool mask....I'm liking it...as well as your after post about socks!!
And Knitqueen....don't you just :heart: :heart: :heart: doing socks?! I knew ya'll would get hooked....my favorite thing!!
Okay, i'm gonna make the suggestion i always make...take it or leave it...but it works WONDERS for me!! i use dpns...love 'em and when i was doing my very 1st sock i read somewhere that this lady said that she knit her socks in tandem, both socks at the same time so that she didn't get the dreaded....SSS..."oh...i love my sock, :( but now i've got to do the other one when i want to start on a new pair",....that's the SSS. It just requires that u buy another set of dpns in whatever size u r using and after you, as example, c/o 56 sts on sock one, then do the cuff; u then put sock 1 down & do the same to sock 2; then continue as such thru out the pattern and voila....u have 2 socks done at the same time...this same lady that i was reading about knitting socks in tandem, also said that the sock knitting went much faster...i thought she was nuts...but i promise it seems as tho it does go faster :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:
have a sock knitty day :XX: :XX:

wtg...great jobs!!

Fabulous suggestion! I am having the ..."oh...i love my sock, :( but now i've got to do the other one when i want to start on a new pair" right now! Have you ever tried doing both socks on a circular? I think I would like to try that next time.

By the way...it did take me a bit to get use to the #2 needles (you responded to me after a question I had before starting)...I felt like I was knitting for barbie. I enjoyed the challenge though :) and after a few rows it was no big deal.

kemp
05-12-2005, 09:08 AM
I think of the projects the thing I am most proud of are the purses. I learned some new techniques with those!!!
LOVE the colors of those bags!!! TOO cute!

Here are MY Fiber Trends clogs...dont worry, Kemp...they are past the "hungry" stage. :lol:

FABULOUS! :heart: I need some of those! Where did you buy the pattern again???

How are the mod duties goin? :)

KellyK
05-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I bought the pattern from my LYS....Modding is FUN!! Thanks!

gimmesanity
05-12-2005, 09:54 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I FINALLY finished the most-boringest-baby-sweater ever :happydance:

The pattern is from Debbie Bliss' "Easy Knits for Beginners." It's just a simple drop-sleeve done in a merino/cashmere blend. I made it a little big so that DD will be able to wear it this fall. I hope she doesn't outgrow it before then :thinking:

Here are pics of the sweater pre-blocking (it's sitting on my counter drying right now.) And, since DD is sleeping, I've used Brutus as a model. :lol:

~Sharon

Mer
05-12-2005, 09:01 PM
I love the color, gimmesanity! And the kitty model too. ;)

Fernwood
05-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Two FOs

The elongated stitch scarf is for a church bazaar. My friend who coordinates the kntting gave me the yarn and the pattern. Unfortunately, I hated working with the nylon ribbon yarn (can't remember the name and too lazy to go find the label right now). I'm glad I did it, but I won't do it again. I'll buy some yarn I know I'm comfortable with. This event is in November and it seems like anything knitted sells well!

The hat is for my son, just in time for spring! I hope he can still wear it next season; I should have put more rows in the crown as I started the decreases. Oh well, when he grows out of it, I'll have an excuse to make another.

Julie
05-12-2005, 11:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/action-smiley-033.gif Great job Fern! I especially like the hat! It looks so warm and cozy!

HeatherFeather
05-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks for looking at my things!!! I think I have to take a break from knitting!!!!!!!! :crying: I have a quilt I want to make....

and friends are returning from Bulgaria next year and I want to make sure it is DONE. At least I can say now, I only do scrapbooking, knitting and quilting. I don't do ANYTHING else. If I do tackle a project, it MUST be completed in a day or so....nothing hanging around!!!

Joel
05-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Yesterday I finished the wrap I was making for a girl at work. I took a picture of it with a disposable camera, to finish the roll, so I wil have it developed this week. It turned out GORGEOUS!!!!!! I worked so quick on it the last week or so, I have never knitted so quickly.

She absolutely adored it!! I love the look on peoples faces when they get a homemade gift!

Off to make more scarves, so many people want them this year, that I need to work on them so they will be done in time.

I am a knitting fool!!!!! :XX: :XX: :XX:

GREAT!!!! Very Cool Lisa. Congrats! :cheering: :cheering:

Joel
05-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Well.... my dishcloth is done. It's not was i was originally planning but I did the bind off today (and made a couple of mistakes doing it....) lol.

So, here it is; my first project: dishcloth. (AKA Earthworm Blanket, Kitty Shawl) :lol:

I've posted a close up of my stitches on my blog.

Rorshach
05-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Cool looking dishcloth, Joel, I definitely like the pattern. :thumbsup:

KellyK
05-13-2005, 09:04 PM
THAT is SUCH cool yarn! Looks like CLOUDS in the SKY! GREAT job, Joel!

ekgheiy
05-13-2005, 09:09 PM
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Aby
05-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Just finished this for a friend in New Zealand.

http://intheclique.com/fuzz4.jpg

http://intheclique.com/fuzz2.jpg

KellyK
05-13-2005, 11:33 PM
oooooooooh! Fluffy! :cheering:

LisaD715
05-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Joel, VERY COOL dishcloth!! I love that yarn! You did an excellent job! I know you have the bug too now......can't wait to see your next project.

LisaD715
05-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Aby..........I love that scarf!!! What yarn did you use? It looks so soft and fluffy.

Rennagayle
05-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Abe, that looks just like the yarn I just used to make a headband for my dd. I love it!

Aby
05-14-2005, 12:29 AM
I used Paton cha cha and knitted it up on size 13 needles.. which gave it a really nice lightweight almost lacy sheerness..

An old old friend of mine, just got out of the hospital for gallbladder surgery, so I wanted to send her something to cheer her up.

LisaD715
05-14-2005, 12:33 AM
I can't wait to go buy new yarn now............I really like that Aby!! Great work!

Where in FL? I grew up in Pensacola, and I MISS it!

Aby
05-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Thank You :thumbsup:

Nature Coast.. hour north of Tampa, just south of Weeki Wachee

Joel
05-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Thanks everyone regarding my first project! :notworthy:

Aby, that is really cool. I like the yarn you are using for that... I'm not ready to knit with it, but i like it anyway.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Aziandoll
05-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Here is a bag I just finished felting.. :heart: I used Lamb's Pride Bulky Wool. I also just finished a scarf, knitted with 3 strands together.... using Bernat Bling Bling, Patons Melody, and Jo-Ann's Angel Hair yarn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/Aziandoll/DSC06663.jpg

Now, I'd like to try another bag... any one know of any cute patterns for bags that are more rounded?

knitqueen
05-16-2005, 01:23 AM
That bag is really cute!!! :D

Aziandoll
05-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Thanks! the color is Prairie Fire.. used 2 skeins of it. :) Took awhile, but i finally got it done! The pattern is from Fibertrends. I made my own closure, though.

brendajos
05-16-2005, 02:42 AM
just a basic skinny scarf but it felt like it took forever cuz i did it lenghtwise. of course it wasn't any longer just felt like it since it takes so long to get to the end of the row. i do love how cute and girly the pink fuzzy is...and of course someone has already claimed it. one of these days i will actually keep one for myself...lol

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/scarfnstash.jpg

DotMom61
05-16-2005, 09:19 AM
Now, I'd like to try another bag... any one know of any cute patterns for bags that are more rounded?

There is a really cute round tote in this book (http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0060740701/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-4735326-2911025#reader-page). I've linked you to the Amazon.com preview of the book, and the tote is on the cover. I borrowed this book from the library a while back, and it has some really cute and different patterns in it.

tinkercat
05-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Enjoy my little creation lol :cheering:

KellyK
05-21-2005, 09:25 AM
OMG that is SOOO cute! Is that the Berry Tart hat???

Julie
05-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Sooooo cute Vanessa!!! :inlove:

Aziandoll
05-21-2005, 12:52 PM

There is a really cute round tote in this book (http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0060740701/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-4735326-2911025#reader-page). I've linked you to the Amazon.com preview of the book, and the tote is on the cover. I borrowed this book from the library a while back, and it has some really cute and different patterns in it.

Thanks! Actually I already have that book! I am planning on either starting that one.. or some from knitkit.com. :)
I am a little fearful of working on double pointed needles, though...

Rennagayle
05-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Aziandoll, I was beyond fearful of working with dpn's, but decided to just try it, thinking the worst that could happen is that I'd have to rip it all out.

The first 20-30 minutes (at the most), I truly felt like I was wrestling an anorexic octopus, but then I suddenly found myself really flowing with it. The key is to only concentrate on the two needles you're actually working with. Let the other two just dangle there. Silver's sock tutorial (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Beginning.htm) offers very detailed step-by-step photos of getting started on dpn's. Even if you aren't wanting to make socks, check out her tutorial. It really takes the fear out of dpn's. Just DO it! :thumbsup:

Jivewhistle
05-21-2005, 03:31 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: @ anorexic octopus

brookenic
05-21-2005, 09:00 PM
That hat is cute. Can you sare the pattern?

tinkercat
05-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Ok you guys are going to laugh at me lol . I got the rim done to the tart baby on knitty but the Bobbles were to much of a pain in the butt so i just knit around and decreased and woo laaa lol my own breed of a hat lol. Cute though!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa :roflhard:

DotMom61
05-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks! Actually I already have that book! I am planning on either starting that one.. or some from knitkit.com. :)

I love knitkit.com's Oregon Tote. Some day I will get the pattern and knit that up. It looks so practical, and I love the colors she shows them in!

Let us know how the DPNs go. I haven't used them before, but use my circulars constantly. I was watching a friend knit some socks on DPNs a while back, and it doesn't seem as daunting once you've seen it done. Good luck!

DotMom61
05-21-2005, 11:24 PM

I love knitkit.com's Oregon Tote. Some day I will get the pattern and knit that up. It looks so practical, and I love the colors she shows them in!

Let us know how the DPNs go. I haven't used them before, but use my circulars constantly. I was watching a friend knit some socks on DPNs a while back, and it doesn't seem as daunting once you've seen it done. Good luck!

amy
05-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Catching up a little bit...

Fernwood, love that hat.

Aziangirl, love :inlove: that bag!

Congrats on completing your first project Joel! :cheering:

Tinkercat, love that baby hat!

mascarasnake
05-22-2005, 01:08 AM
I never posted the post-felted fiber trends clogs, as they went directly from the dryer onto my sweetie's feet. So here's an already beat-up looking pair of finis Fiber Trends Clogs!

Aziandoll
05-22-2005, 02:41 AM

I definitely will give it a try, if the pattern calls for it. I am just waiting for the patterns to arrive so that i can buy the supplies for them.... anyhow... i'll keep you guys posted! :XX:

KellyK
05-22-2005, 07:52 AM
Mascara...those look AWESOME! Isnt that the most genious pattern? I LOVED knitting it!

tinkercat
05-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Are they hard to make??? I have a neighbor who has that condition where your hands and feet get not enough blood to them and they hurt because they feel so cold. I would LOVE to make her a pair!!!! I want to make her some mittens as well. Let me know if they are hard i like simple patterns lol.

Thanks,
Vanessa :cheering:

kitkat
05-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Here is my elongated stitch scarf....I only wrapped two times because I only had a teeny skein of this way cool thread. This is for my son's girlfiend, and he is modeling it for us....please note the rolled eyes.

Also here is my first washcloth. I love it, i bought lots more cheap yarn and printed a ton of patterns...great way to practice new things!!!

KellyK
05-22-2005, 10:41 AM
kitkat, your son is TOO funny...
:happydance: He's...too sexy for your scarf...too sexy for your scarf... :happydance:

I agree about dishcloths...great way to try out new sts.

Tink, there is a whole discussion about knitting those clogs in my blog thread. ;) I really enjoyed it, but they are challenging...just meaning that you have to pay attention.

amy
05-22-2005, 12:09 PM
He's...too sexy for your scarf...too sexy for your scarf... :happydance:
:roflhard: Well said, Kelly. That pic is too much. :lol:

Tink, you might also want to check out Knitty.com's Fuzzy Feet slippers. They're knit just like a pair of socks, (easy if you've made socks; great practice if you haven't). They're fast knitting on size 10 1/2 needles. I like slippers that enclose my whole foot, so I like that pattern a lot, made a pair for my mom and she loves them. :happydance:

mascarasnake
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
KellyK,
It is a great pattern, but I had a lot of trouble with them due to my washing machine. I don't have a hot/hot cycle, and I have had a lot of trouble with felting things that need to shrink a lot--like these slippers--so I had to felt them 10,000 times and I still wasn't thrilled. But the pattern itself is really great.
However, Tinkercat--your friend might like the fuzzy feet pattern more because it covers the ankles--I imagine that they would be way toastier than the FT Clogs.

feministmama
05-22-2005, 09:16 PM
kitkat, your son is TOO funny...
:happydance: He's...too sexy for your scarf...too sexy for your scarf... :happydance:

:roflhard:

Mer
05-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Here's a dino I made from this pattern (http://www.xtreme-knitting.com/photos-dinosaurs.htm). It'll be a great present for my nephew's birthday! The yarn for his face was a little too thick so he's slightly freaky looking--but still cute!

Julie
05-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Mer! That is so cute! Even if his face is a little freaky... :roflhard:

kemp
05-23-2005, 04:08 AM
I got so behind on this thread. Everyone's stuff looks great :!: I really love getting to see what others are working on...lots of inspiration ;)

Norman
05-24-2005, 11:00 PM
phew.. got it done.. :) Pictures..

This was fun.. and yes.. I am honest.. this was my first circular project

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-24-2005, 11:11 PM
nice hat! are you going to wear it?

Norman
05-25-2005, 07:06 AM
I do believe my wife will.. I actually made it for her

Buuuut.. I may steel it

KellyK
05-25-2005, 07:45 AM
She needs to model it for us!

GREAT job, Dave! REALLY!

Aby
05-25-2005, 08:30 AM
did you do that ON circulars or dpns? It's very nice, I just don't have my circulars yet :( But, I'm working on getting them.. that Boye kit WILL be mine! :drooling:

Norman
05-25-2005, 08:31 AM
I might need tod o that.. :) I'll get her to wear it tonight see if I can take a pic of her in it :)

thanks KK.. I appreciate it.. the last 2 - 3 rows were REALLLY hard..

Norman
05-25-2005, 08:33 AM
did you do that ON circulars or dpns? It's very nice, I just don't have my circulars yet :( But, I'm working on getting them.. that Boye kit WILL be mine! :drooling:

I did it on my Denise Set.. when I got down to the 84 Stiches on the decrease.. I piggy backed both of the longest cords I had, then started the magic loop.. that worked SO perfect. I was stressing out a bit when I thought about HOW I was going to do it.. but that's the nice thing about the interchangable.. I just slid all the stiches past the connector.. snapped on a extender bar, a cable, and extender bar, another cable and then the needle.. viola.. like a 40" (or something reallllllly long) circular.. :) And it made the ML go really smooth.. :)

mascarasnake
05-25-2005, 02:10 PM
I'v taken a while to get pics of this up, but my short-sleeved version of the I Do (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTido.html) shrug is done! Huzzah! Not bad for my first lace project, if I do say so myself. More on my blog...

Rennagayle
05-25-2005, 02:14 PM
That is simply gorgeous! You will make a beautiful bride. :D

mascarasnake
05-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Aww, shucks, Rennagayle! :blush: Thank you! It's even more beautiful when I'm not wearing a black pajama top!

Julie
05-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Great shrug mascarasnake!! It's beautiful!

I finished my baby cardigan on Monday...goo thing because the baby is due next Wednesday. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/ruby1.jpg

KellyK
05-25-2005, 05:17 PM
MASCARA!!! You are gonna be BEAUTIFUL from the nose down!!!! GREAT JOB! :notworthy:

And, Julie! What a CUTE CUTE sweater! :cheering:

brookenic
05-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Mascarasnake,Beautiful work.That shrug is so cool. I wish I knew how to knit when I got married. Lions' Brand has a free pattren that was exactly what I looked for ,for about 6 months! I ended up with one I didn't really like. You will look so great!!

Julie That baby sweater is precious. Any mom would be proud to put that on her baby. :thumbsup:

wildforyarn
05-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Julie, I love the baby cardigan. Where did you find the pattern? I am working on my first baby cardigan right now and I don't know if it will be done in time for the baby, but it is fun to work on. Wow, beautiful sweater!

Julie
05-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone! Sara, I didn't really use a pattern. I combined elements from a number of patterns and just sort of winged it. I should probably write out what I did before I forget! ;)

KellyK
05-26-2005, 09:09 AM
YES YOU SHOULD! I am SO impressed! How many sweaters have you made before this one?

gimmesanity
05-26-2005, 09:14 AM
You made that up? Wow, Julie, that sweater is soooo purrrrdy! :thumbsup:

~Sharon

rebecca
05-27-2005, 10:56 AM
WOW everybody!!!
Such beautifulness...in all that you have done!! Forgive me, I haven't been here in a while and haven't had the chance to look....such amazing talent :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: one & all!!
Each and every one of you should be so proud!! :thumbsup:
Keep it coming... :heart: looking at it & now I'll see if perhaps I can look everyday again so I can keep up with everybody!!!
AND....your ever inspiring talent!!
KUDOS :cheering: :cheering:

Norman
05-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Another hat.. this one was like KellyK's pattern she gave me (From about.com).. but it was actually in a book

I converted it from flat knitting to round .. cause I like round knitting more..

Anyway.. on the left is the pattern from about.com, on the right.. the pattern from the book..

it's soooooooo small.... :heart:

LisaD715
05-29-2005, 01:45 PM
After SEVERAL days away from knitting :crying: I finally finished this scarf Friday night!! I love how it turned out! In case you can't see, the periwinkle yarn makes the white fun fur look silvery. I know Brandy will LOVE it!

Now I have to make Doug's scarf...started last night :XX: :XX: :XX:

Rennagayle
05-29-2005, 02:30 PM
It's beautiful, Lisa. I'm sure the recipient will absolutely love it! :D

MaggieL
05-29-2005, 04:31 PM
It's beautiful. :thumbsup:

rebecca
05-29-2005, 06:37 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: it lisa...beautiful, i must say!!

KellyK
05-30-2005, 06:06 AM
Lisa...you are SO right about the color! Makes the white FF look ETHEREAL or something! SO COOL!

Anne
05-30-2005, 07:12 PM
:heart: :heart: the scarf. Periwinkle is one of my favorite colors and with the silver FF it tops it off.. great job :XX:

Anne
05-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Each and everyone of you are great :XX: I enjoy looking at all the things people :XX: Very talented :thumbsup:

amy
05-30-2005, 08:56 PM
Mascara, wow that shrug is gorgeous! You said you had to shrink it (without felting it)? How on earth did you manage that? Nice job!

Julie, what a CUTE baby sweater!!

Lisa, congrats on finishing the scarf, I'm sure it will be a hit!

knitqueen
05-31-2005, 01:05 AM
I needed a little diversion from my tank with stockinette that goes on and on and on and on :shock: so I knitted up a little baby bootie out of some extra (wild colored!) Bernat Sox yarn I had laying around. I got the pattern from a friend on a different message forum, who got it from her grandmother written on an index card. It is TEENY, it took me about 2 hours total to make. I'll share the pattern if anyone is interested.

amp926
05-31-2005, 11:58 AM
please share!!!!

MaryB
05-31-2005, 12:10 PM
How cute!! Please share!

knitqueen
05-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Okay, I'm putting it in the patterns section right now!

benniesma
06-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks Knitqueen!

A quick question....do you think they would be hard to make for someone who's never knit a sock before? I'd love to make a quick pair of booties for my pregnant friend. I'm nervous to start a pair as a gift without having already made the pattern. Don't want her baby to be my guinea pig. ;)

knitqueen
06-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Yes, it is perfect for never having knit socks before because it is not done in the round. It is done completely on straight needles so if you know how to knit, purl, pick up stitches, and bind off, you can do this!!!!! Easy easy and your friend will love it!

wildforyarn
06-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Oh my gosh knitqueen, you have done it again! I love, love, love the bootie! On my way to the patterns section to print off the pattern for this. Thanks!

benniesma
06-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Yay!

rebecca
06-02-2005, 10:11 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: for me...i finally finished the "Diamond Twist Afghan" which was knitted in knitpicks Wool of the Andes' color 'cloud' and it's very soft.....I'm not one to usually brag because of :oops: the fact that it embarrasses me...but I think that it's very pretty, just as pretty as :balloons: on a gloomy day!!
I'll take some pics tomorrow during the light of :sunny: and then post them for all to see. gosh...(here i go again patting myself on the back...I must be developing a knack for it... :lol: )...I just think it looks very nice for my :blush: 3rd afghan!!!.....I'm so happy :happydance: :happydance:

tinkercat
06-03-2005, 07:34 AM
I can not wait to see it!!!! You do such GREAT work!!!!! I am working on knitting a fabric purse from a kit i bought MONTHS ago lol. I am still working on the sock from hell, and my grandpa's scarf. I have been so busy that i have only knit now 2 times the past three weeks. I am going to keep an eye on my e-mail i can not wait to see the afghan!!!!!!!!!! Have a great day!!!

:happydance: :cheering: :sunny: :angelgrin: :notworthy:

Vanessa

benniesma
06-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Okay Rebecca, its tomorrow! Where's the afghan? ;)

rebecca
06-04-2005, 11:29 AM
sorry, i posted it in another area bc the afghan was relating to something else, too. fyi, i'm sorry that i've not done the afghan as speedily as predicted at times but having to wear my brace these past 6 weeks bc of my disability and the severe increase in pain sometimes throws off my schedule.
i think that it turned out pretty well, i used knitpicks 'wool of the andes' in the color cloud bc that was what they requested. my sister (groom's mom) assures me that it will match their decor perfectly (new home)...so here we go...let me know what u think, it's only my 3rd afghan.
Oh My..I haven't been here in a while..that bootie is just tooooo cute!!! :heart: :heart: Lovinig it!!
And, how many times r we gonna have to diiscuss that socks r not from hell tinker...lol....remember what we talked about..we :heart: socks; we :heart: socks...and so on...lol