PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Rennagayle
06-04-2005, 11:34 AM
It is simply beautiful, Rebecca! :D I wish I had the patience to make an afghan. :doh:

rebecca
06-04-2005, 12:23 PM
;) Thank you, my friend, u could start out with something with very large yarn & needles & it wouldn't take so long....the only reason that this one took me so long is bc i had a severe setback with my disability and just had no desire to knit (that says a LOT) when it's been the knitting that i've discovered helps me to get my mind off of the pain..oh well, enough about that.
Now, Renn, are u one of these :XX: with several wips at a time or are u like me..a monogamous knitter..true to the project u r working on....I very seldom have more than one wip UNLESS one of those wip is an afghan or some type of really large project; then u can break the monotony by doing a small project and stop the afghan for a while....that's how i started sally's belly shirt...but i had the set back & couldn't even knit it! lol...sally and I both hope that I feel better and get back to her belly shirt and finish it by monday bc after then or around the middle of the week, not sure of the time; my husband has something going on with a deadlie & needs my help (moral support) and i won't be around for a while...that's why i hope i can go now & get a bit of sleep...then work on her belly shirt..her nail polish matches the pink in the yarn, i'm using 'crayon' by knitpicks and the yarn does look like a box of crayons...she will be very bright indeed! u have a good day...cya
thanks again for what u said about the afghan!! :waving: :waving:

Sara
06-04-2005, 12:35 PM
That's beautiful, Rebecca! What a lucky couple to receive such a present.

Rennagayle
06-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Now, Renn, are u one of these with several wips at a time or are u like me..a monogamous knitter..true to the project u r working on.... :XX:

Rebecca, I have at least six wip's at the moment. I tend to be a better starter than finisher. :blush:

rebecca
06-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Renn, thank you for what u said about the afghan...that means so much to me...u r a sweetheart :heart: !

Renn...don't u be like that now...I was playing ;) with u...i just don't have the ability to have several wips. at one time....would drive me crazier than i am...lol...i know u r finishing what u r starting...just bc u r a fast starter....who says there has to be a time when u finish? I don't have a knitting time keeper over here...and I haven't seen them sold on any sites or in any lys....it think that the time keeper is u and my time keeper is me...so u finish when u want to finish, that's not important...what's important is that u like what u :XX: and are :happydance: happy while you are doing it and that YOU are :happydance: :happydance: happy with it when u finsih it...no matter when that is, right?!

Aziandoll
06-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Thanks. I actually found another one to make.. the "Mezza Luna" from knitkit.com. It's like a crescent shape.. looks like PacMan. :) I plan to post pictures when I'm done with it. It's a little confusing though... :XX:

kemp
06-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Everything is so cool it would take me forever to comment on all of them! Especially like mascara's wedding shrug and rebecca's afghan...I don't know if I could ever do that! Since I'm not a "monogomous" knitter I am sure it would take FOREVER. I know I've said it before, but it is so fun to see what everyone has done. Here is my latest...I am calling it The Butterfly Tank...another design endeavor.

I have actually completed a lot lately...I have pictures of all of them HERE (http://www.divaknitting.com/finished%20projects/finished%20projects.htm). I have to add one more pic to this thread though..I love these little baby socks in Opal Petticoat!

Mer
06-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Kemp--that butterfly tank is so cool!!!! I think you should get that one published. Or post a free pattern! ;) I'm so impressed with your designing abilities.

kemp
06-06-2005, 07:18 PM
You are too kind! I do it for fun...so I can make "cooler" (of course I would think they are cool since I designed it! :) haha) more updated items. The only thing I would do differently is make the ribbing part a little longer. I have low risers on in the pic, so it probably looks a little shorter than it is, but another inch or two would be perfect.

Incidentally, I would like to publicly thank you again for testing my other tank pattern :cheering: ...it looks awesome on you! Maybe you should post it in this thread???

Mer
06-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Well sure, Kemp, if it's ok with you.... :D

Kemp generously offered to let me test out one of her tanks before submitting it for publication, so here's the finished product! And, amazingly enough, I did not crop out my head.

LisaD715
06-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Kemp and Mer.........GORGEOUS tanks, ladies!! Very talented!!

Kemp, I love that you design these yourself!!!! I love the color of the butterfly tank on you, and I like the length, looks great!

Mer, purple is my fave fave fave!!!! It flatters you very well, awesome tank!!

rebecca
06-07-2005, 12:25 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Just WOW...u do such excellent work, Kemp! Goes with out saying the tanks r beautiful ....green my fave (fave color); tank on Mer is beautiful, as well! :heart: :heart: :heart: your baby socks!! and pursese... :heart: your color choices & if there is a soul out there that doesn't know....I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: socks & yours r just great!!! :oops: hope i didn' t forget anything or anyone! if so....i aplogize....million times over!!!
I just :heart: :heart: :heart: this thread & 'wha cha workining on?'....let's us know what's going on!!
i've got a big home dealy goingin on & won't be on for some time unless i get to pop in once in a while....so have fun &, as always... :XX: times

kemp
06-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks Rebecca. You have to try to stop in!!!! Everyone will miss you if you don't :crying: If Kelly were here, I am sure she would have something much more clever to say on the issue.

Good luck with whatever your home dealy brings! Hope you can still find time to :XX: !!!!!!!!

rebecca
06-07-2005, 12:26 PM
:D I couldn't stand it....since things are just about to get crazy :wall: around here....I cruised thru one more time to say :waving: u gooffy, crazy :XX: s :XY: s :X: s,you .....and :waving:
unless i can squeeze chances in now & again.....ya'll are allowed to miss me....but u can't gossip :crying: about me ....because that would hurt my feelings terribly and I HAVE SPIES.... :roflhard: :roflhard:
miss ya & see ya soon as soon as things r back to normal!!

Sara
06-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Love the purple, Mer! You are so pretty!

You are highly talented, Kemp! Those are great designs.

So how long do we wait before we start to gossip about Rebecca? :lol: I am absolutely just kidding, you are a sweetheart, Rebecca!

Mer
06-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks, guys! :blush: The purple halter was made with Araucania Nature Cotton in Dark Purple (http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/secure-html/onlinegen/currgen/Araucania/NatureCotton.asp?showLarge=true&specPCVID=3525). I love that color! And it had some interesting dye variations and textures.

Stacy
06-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I finished my felted bag. I left it in the washed a bit too long I think. I didn't want it quite as fuzzy. The second picutre is before felting.

Stacy

VictoiseC
06-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Wow, I've been missing a lot of good things. That afghan is stupendous Rebecca. really classy and a gorgeous thing to have around the house.

btw, I've been down (literally on the bed) with allergies for a week, first time it EVER HAPPENED).

Sooooooo, I've got to catch up but just have to say I need one of those beautiful halter tops now that it's reached 90 like overnight.
They are sooo sexy & sweet. You guys got the figures to show them off.... I better get exercising again. Is that pattern the one you posted before Kemp? the butterfly tank?
I'll go back & look right now!

benniesma
06-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Wow! I am so impressed with you ladies!

Rebecca - that afghan is GORGEOUS! It looks like a beautiful heirloom that they will just love. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Mer - that halter is great! And such a pretty color purple, and model too!

Stacy - Nice job on the bag! I am amazed at how small they shrink. I have 10 more rows and an i-cord left on mine. Can't wait to see the felting magic! live and in person myself!

rebecca
06-07-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm so happy I got the chance to hop on here again tonite because I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: those compliments.... :roflhard: :rofling: :rofling: . For real, thanks, all of you for your kind words, it makes me very humble.
Vic...my husband had severe allergies, then found out the majority of the problems was the fact that he needed surgery; he still gets them quite badly & I feel for you, poor thing...I've watched him suffer...a bunch...hope u r lots better!!
What pattern r ya'll using for the felting bag? the only one i've done is the Marsupial Tote in the 1st SnB, but I misread & order too little amt of yarn & then used smaller needles..still turned out ok, just not as large.
I've gotten Cherry Blossom & Blue Bonnet in Wool of the Andes from KP for my Booga Bag & I got KP's dye your own to do Sophie and the French Market Bag at Knitty....Love felted bags...but I have projects in front of them before it's their turn! I so, so wish I could be like so many of ya'll & do several projects at once, but I can't unless it's a majorly large project that I have to take a break from & then I can do somthing small for just a little while. :?? I was wondering why on Earth I was like that & when I was talking with my sis a few nites ago she said that i have always been like that during my entire crafty/arty life....I would have to finish what ever I was working on before trying something else & our Mom was the same way...so ..... YAY for me and MAMA!! My sister...she's like ya'll....a gazillion things at a time and keeps up with it....ya'll r just miracle makers or something....okay, i'm off to look around then go knit....have a great evening one & all....

Stacy
06-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Benniesma~ Did you finish that bag? I can't wait to see pictures!

Stacy

Soxy
06-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Wow those two tank tops are wonderful and you two models look great as well. :happydance:

The most recent thing I've finished that is not socks is a Pi R Squared shawl that was designed by E Zimmerman. I have a bit of trouble with her patterns as she writes them the way I would like to write patterns....They are a bit hard for someone else to understand. Not a lot of extra explainations of what she was thinking when she wrote them. However the schematic of this shawl makes it crystal clear. I put different lace sts into each section.

VickiIL
06-14-2005, 11:39 AM
WOW, Soxy! :inlove: Really WOW! :inlove: That is absolutely FABULOUS! WOW! :inlove:

Soxy
06-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Thank you Vicki it was fun to knit. I love lace work but don't know if it is my favorite, not sure I could figure that out.

I got the yarn at a Fiber Expo from Newtons/Yarn Country. He sells lots of mill ends from garment manufactors. The only thing on this ones label was Italian Mohair. It was lace weight with a small slub and a bit of a sheen.

kemp
06-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Wow those two tank tops are wonderful and you two models look great as well. :happydance:

The most recent thing I've finished that is not socks is a Pi R Squared shawl that was designed by E Zimmerman. I have a bit of trouble with her patterns as she writes them the way I would like to write patterns....They are a bit hard for someone else to understand. Not a lot of extra explainations of what she was thinking when she wrote them. However the schematic of this shawl makes it crystal clear. I put different lace sts into each section.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: That is gorgeous. How long did it take?

Joel
06-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Ok.... Talk about inspiring....

It's been a while since i checked this thread....

WOW!!!!!! :inlove:

Lisa - that scarf is great! Brandy will love it. Has Doug hauled you out yarn shopping yet?

Stacy - very nice bag!

As for Kemp, Rebecca, and Soxy....

:cheering: :notworthy: :cheering: :notworthy: :cheering: :notworthy: :cheering: :notworthy: :cheering: :notworthy: :cheering: :notworthy:

That stuff is incredible!!! Between the three of you, you could start your own knitting magazine with the stuff you are completing.

Way to go ALL of you!

knitqueen
06-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Here's the completed pair of baby booties - I posted a pic of one of them a few weeks ago and also posted the pattern in the patterns forum of this site. The baby they are for is to be born any moment!

KellyK
06-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Just TOO cute....and, what wonderful colors! Truly unusual! They will be appreciated!

MaggieL
06-14-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm impressed soxy!!!! It's beautiful...and knitqueen I love the booties...especially the colors!!! I just knit my first set of booties and they don't even compare.

Soxy
06-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Thank you MaggieL it was fun to knit and I enjoy wearing it.

knitqueen
06-14-2005, 07:38 PM
The yarn I used was so cheap. $2.00 for a ball of Bernat Sox in the color called Hot Tamale. It was actually leftover from a pair of adult socks....these booties use SO little yarn.

Soxy
06-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Joel thank you for the compliment...A knitting magazine would cut into my knitting time. ;)

Soxy
06-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Knitqueen I love those booties!!! Great job and they will be loved.

Stacy
06-15-2005, 04:01 AM
Soxy your shawl is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! That is amazing! Congratulations!!! :thumbsup:

Stacy

Aby
06-15-2005, 07:01 AM
I guess this should have gone here, since I actually finished it. The original thread was here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285) by mistake.

http://intheclique.com/dishcloth.jpg

hedgehog
06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
knitqueen,

those booties are beautiful... i tried my hand at making booties a few weeks ago and they look good, but not as good as yours. I love the shape of them and the colors are grand!

well done...

this thread is so inspiring :)

-hh

feministmama
06-15-2005, 01:32 PM
The most recent thing I've finished that is not socks is a Pi R Squared shawl that was designed by E Zimmerman.

OK I need an emoticon of a little person passing out here. Holy moly Cowie Zowie!!!! I am so impressed!!! :cheering:

Soxy
06-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Stacy and Femmy I've been knitting longer than most of you have been alive so I have had a chance to learn a lot of things.

I :blush: thank you for you over the top comments!!!

LisaD715
06-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Soxy.............WOW :inlove: :shock: :inlove: I LOVE your shawl!! It is beautiful!! How long did it take? I would love the be that good some day.......

Joel.......I already had Doug's yarn, have a bit done, I really want to finish before the move. I want to be able to start on my afghan when I get unpacked, not to mention all the Christmas presents I need/want to do.

How is your latest project coming along? I think I might try to do some quick dish clothes before the move too.

Sara
06-16-2005, 01:06 AM
My gosh, Soxy! I missed the picture of your shawl when I looked at this last time. I'm glad I went through it again. That is gorgeous!!

rebecca
06-16-2005, 03:42 AM
U HAVE ALL ooops....didn't meant to yell! you have all done wonderful work, as usual! Soxy I love your zimmerman shawl, u did tell me that u changed all patterns& it looks to be changed for the better ;)

knitqueen-still luvin' those booties...do we have a baby yet? I bet 'mom' is past ready, isn't she?! she & baby r gonna love the booties!

Aby, u didn't write the story of your bag here! she was hurting & had to go to the dentist & i believe it was her mil that took her, so aby knit this bag with a pic of mil's house on it (am I correct?) the story was written at the other posting; forgive me if I got the person wrong...but..whomever you did it for will cherish that gift from the heart forever!! I sure hope ur feeling better!

great work everyone, I so enjoy looking at it & your stories behind each piece!

Aby
06-16-2005, 06:50 AM
hehe it was my mom. My mom-in-law lives in Kansas, though I'm sure she would have taken me as well. I'm 32 so it's not everyday that I need help from my mom. I told my DH "sometimes, a woman just needs her mommy" :lol:

Soxy
06-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Lisa, Thank you very much.

I had the shawl done in about 10 days, 3 of them I was sitting a car going along a highway I've traveld a lot of times so I did a lot of knitting. [I'm glad I can knit in a car or I'd really get bored going over the same road.] The best way to imporve is to try everything you like!!!

Sara, Thank you for the nice comments about my shawl. It is fun to wear.

Thanks Rebecca. EZ's shawl was garter st with a saw tooth edge. Her dd Meg did one in lace sts so I just picked out sts I liked to use. I did use Meg's edging but only put it on the garter st part.

Rennagayle
06-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Soxy, your shaw is about one of the most beautiful knitted items I've ever seen! :D

had the shawl done in about 10 days, 3 of them I was sitting a car going along a highway I've traveld a lot of times so I did a lot of knitting. [I'm glad I can knit in a car or I'd really get bored going over the same road.]

I'm assuming you weren't doing the driving. ;) :rofling:

Soxy
06-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Rennagayle thank you so much for the nice compliment!!

That would have been interesting if I had been driving!! Wonder what it would have looked like!! :roflhard:

Joel
06-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Joel.......I already had Doug's yarn, have a bit done, I really want to finish before the move. I want to be able to start on my afghan when I get unpacked, not to mention all the Christmas presents I need/want to do.

How is your latest project coming along? I think I might try to do some quick dish clothes before the move too.

Lisa, I have total confidence that you'll complete it before the move. Plus, you can get the boys to help you pack. :-) My project is going slow. I'm really working on my tension issues. Last weekend, we went out of town, for a romantic weekend and I took knitting with me, R took her crochet.

Then I got sick, sore throat, sore mouth, fever, the works... so I didn't end up doing much except laying on the bed in the hotel room. This weekend, we're staying in another hotel on the south edge of the city on Saturday night and meeting up with our next door neighbors on Sunday to go to a Ren Fair (its Ale weekend). :-) So I don't know if I'll get anything done this weekend either. I got a few rows done this week but not much, we've been out almost every night this week so I have a ton of chores to do tonight when I get home, while R is at school.

knitqueen
06-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Here's my version of the Java a Go Go (http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/java.htm). I made it with Wool of the Andes "Cherry Blossom", with Wool of the Andes "Carrot" for the crochet edge and the duplicate stitching around the middle. It was an easy 1 day project!

:D

KellyK
06-18-2005, 11:23 AM
CUTE!!!! :cheering:

Rennagayle
06-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Knitqueen, I love it! :cheering:

Soxy
06-18-2005, 12:09 PM
:notworthy: :XX: queen what a darling :cheering: idea!! I had not seen these before and am going to have to make some!!!

I :thinking: I'll use some left over sock yarns!!

:thumbsup: thanks for the neat idea!!

rebecca
06-18-2005, 01:11 PM
:happydance: :happydance:
Love it Knitqueen....too cute!!!

knitqueen
06-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Must say though, I felt like a bit of a dweeb this morning with my booga bag and my coordinating coffee cozy thingie -- dh said so too!! haha I feel so accessorized!!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
06-18-2005, 05:31 PM
What I was about to say is...that's not 'dweebish'....that, my friend, is the height of being 'put together'....lol...please tell me that your socks were made of the same yarn or if not exact yarn...the same color yarn, just different weight!...just think...u have autumn coming...u can throw in a scarf, mittens, hat....the list is endless!!! And you will be such a bright fall creature with the colors...everyone will be chilly & your 'brightness of color' will make everyone warm as the color makes them think of the warmth of summer & spring....as I said....endless!

jodstr2
06-18-2005, 09:01 PM
oooh knitqueen - how cute! :heart: :happydance:
but clumsy me, I spill stuff, I'd get that little cozy so dirty :(.

brendajos
06-19-2005, 01:53 AM
aaah the last of my cell phone covers for a while...out there in the world there is a scarf that matches the cover...hopefully it will match the cell phone's size too...lol

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/LisasCover.jpg

kemp
06-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Soooooo cute! I love the button. :happydance: I think I'm going to have to make one now...I've been inspired :)

Soxy
06-19-2005, 11:38 AM
brendajos :happydance: great job on the cell case!!! I have a friend that uses loads of beads on them also.

rebecca
06-19-2005, 02:04 PM
:heart: :heart: the cell phone cover!!! tooo cute!!!

KellyK
06-19-2005, 05:16 PM
That is the HAPPIEST cell phone cover I have EVER seen! :cheering:

javede
06-20-2005, 01:28 AM
Ok, this is not knitted , but I thought I would post it anyway :mrgreen:

This is a crocheted bag out of 24 squares! It was more easy than I had think, but chrocheting them together took me as long as crocheting 12 of the squares.

KellyK
06-20-2005, 07:38 AM
What a fun bag!!! Great for summer.... :cheering:

Soxy
06-20-2005, 12:05 PM
javede, what a pretty bag!!! Love the colors you used!!

Rennagayle
06-20-2005, 12:25 PM
That bag is SO cute! :D

knitfun
06-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Well, after frogging so many times, I finally figured out that when you knit with 0000 needles you have to go loose and easy!

I think it turned out great and am so excited to make another one. This one is for my friend, and so now I want one myself!

I used a spoon as a size guide, is that weird? ! :cheering:

KellyK
06-20-2005, 09:59 PM
GAWGEOUS!!!!!!

knitqueen
06-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Knitfun, that looks great!!! I'm actually using a different color bead on mind - the beads are all somewhat different but it's in the purple family of colors (but some of the beads are green, some are gold.....wait, let me see if I can find a pic....) Okay, these (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5001138659&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT) are the beads I'm using. I'm using ecru colored yarn though so it's quite a contrast, but it's looking really good.

DotMom61
06-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Here's my version of the Java a Go Go (http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/java.htm). I made it with Wool of the Andes "Cherry Blossom", with Wool of the Andes "Carrot" for the crochet edge and the duplicate stitching around the middle. It was an easy 1 day project!

:D

I've been wanting to make one of these! I don't have the right DPNs, but I was thinking I could probably manage it w/ Magic Loop or two circulars. We'll see.

I love the colors you picked, K.Q.! Very Cute!

DotMom61
06-20-2005, 11:17 PM
You all are so creative! I love the colors in all these cute little projects! And I wish I had the patience to knit with 0000 needles & beads! Holy Cow! Beautiful!

KellyK
06-21-2005, 07:54 AM
I made these last night so I can do a felted coasters project with the residents of the retirement community at which I work. They were all so ENTHRALLED to watch the progress on my Fiber Trends slippers, so I thought this would be a good way to introduce them to felting!

I still have to make the "before" knitted version.

knitfun
06-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Knitqueen,

Awesome bead colors. :thumbsup:
I bet that will look awesome. I am going to go with something different for myself too. Haven't picked them yet, but will let you know when I do.

I have at least 3 other projects that I have to finish first! :happydance:

jodstr2
06-21-2005, 11:28 AM
finally finished Nikki's bag and dwindling down the WIP list.
I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't turn out more blue. the skeins of Kureyon ended up having more green than blue. but overall I'm happy with it.

Stonington
06-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I love it! :heart: Someday .... on my list of things to try..... work just gets in the way! ya know? lol :sunny:

DotMom61
06-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I made these last night so I can do a felted coasters project with the residents of the retirement community at which I work. They were all so ENTHRALLED to watch the progress on my Fiber Trends slippers, so I thought this would be a good way to introduce them to felting!

I still have to make the "before" knitted version.

Oh! Those are so cute. I was just thinking that I need to felt some coasters for my brand new kitchen table. This will prevent me from fussing at the kids about leaving sweaty glasses sitting there. :oops:

Soxy
06-21-2005, 02:54 PM
WOW some fab items in this thread today!!!

:XX: fun that bracelet is wonderful...Yes you need one for you as well.

:XX: queen those beads will look great in a bracelet, what color thread/yarn?

Kelly I love the idea of felted coastes as a learning project for felting. The residents will love makeing their own coasters.

Sara
06-21-2005, 08:55 PM
This is a two-fer. My tank and DD's shrug all in one. Or ON one. One being me.

Hated the pics with my face in them. Love the shrug. The tank looks great from the back. Oddly enough, it is the same on both sides, so I think my problem is with my front not the tank's.

I'm going to take a pic of the tank by itself on a hanger tomorrow and post it, too.

Enjoy!

DotMom61
06-21-2005, 10:17 PM
This is a two-fer. My tank and DD's shrug all in one. Or ON one. One being me.

Hated the pics with my face in them. Love the shrug. The tank looks great from the back. Oddly enough, it is the same on both sides, so I think my problem is with my front not the tank's.

I'm going to take a pic of the tank by itself on a hanger tomorrow and post it, too.

Enjoy!

That tank is really cute, Sara! Is this a pattern you can share?

KellyK
06-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Thanks, everybody for the kudos on my coasters....I am ALL excited about this project with my ladies...I ordered 2 skeins each of 10 different colors of WOTA for them & Im going to encourage them to come up with their own designs...most of them are crocheters, so can you imagine how COOL a multi-colored granny square would look felted???

knitqueen
06-23-2005, 12:11 AM
My version of Zeeby's Bag from S 'n B is now complete. It is 'my version' because A) I made it quite a bit smaller than the pattern B) I used way wilder colors ;) C) I used a cable down the side panels instead of plain garter stitch D) I didn't add a pocket (So basically I stole Zeeby's idea and made it my own! :happydance: )

Here it is!! :XX: (Front view and side so you can see the cable)

KellyK
06-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Well, isnt THAT just the cutest purse Ive ever seen??

kemp
06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Where to start??? This is always my favorite thread!

Jodstr2, Knitqueen, Javade: Purses!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sara: Tank and shrug very cool. Would love to see the front of the tank too.

KK... felted coasters...yay! I need to make some of those.

Knitfun: Superduper :heart: :heart: :heart: the bracelet! Not sure if I have the cajones to try size 0000 needles. About how long did it take you to complete the project? I would love to make one for a friends birthday.

knitfun
06-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Hey Kemp,

The threading of the beads took me a few days, and the knitting took a few weeks. If you go for it, remember to knit looser than you normally would.

I had dropped many a stitch before figuring that out!

Thanks, I started threaading more beads to make one for myself.

knitqueen
06-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Knitfun, are you threading beads from a container or from a hank?? I did mine from a hank and with a few near misses of spilling the whole thing, I had to pick up by needle about 100 beads and I could not imagine picking up over 1000 loose beads by hand. Yikes.

Soxy
06-23-2005, 11:55 AM
:XX: Queen I love your bag, mostly because you made it your own!! Bags are about as big as scarves and ponchos. Sure is a super fun time to be a :XX: er!!

This is my latest sock. Just finished it and got it washed. The pale pink color [customers request] needed washed after being handled so much. This is one of my patterns.

I was :crying: that the tiny jingle bells didn't have any jingle, they only clikc.

kemp
06-23-2005, 11:59 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart: the sock! I'd hate to give it away though.

brendajos
06-23-2005, 12:04 PM
that is very cute but can i tell you how much it freaks me out that it looks like a disembodied foot with a cute sock on it?!?! yeah it is a LOT...lol

knitqueen
06-23-2005, 12:10 PM
That sock is so cute!!! :heart: :heart:

And thanks for the compliments on the bag. I liked making it because I made it my own. There's nothing like a one of a kind creation!

Soxy
06-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Thank you so much :XX: queen and Brenda!! That is my ghost's foot displaying the sock. ;)

Believe me I'm giving away the sock. It is being sold and I'll be making several of these in different colors and at least one other type of top between now and Christmas/New Years. They are this years "party" sock.

Soxy
06-23-2005, 03:05 PM
:oops: :oops: That should saynot giving away that pair of socks!!! I didn't see an edit button so did a new post.

brendajos
06-23-2005, 03:12 PM
whew...glad to see it is just the ghost! ;)

the edit button is in the upper right corner of any post that you do.

*wonders where her edit button for life is*

Soxy
06-23-2005, 04:44 PM
:wall: :oops: I alway see things after I say I can't find them :oops:

Carol_OH
06-23-2005, 07:34 PM
three hats for charity I just finished!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
06-23-2005, 07:38 PM
carol is that a slip stitch pattern? they look GREAT!!!!!!!

kemp
06-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Those are VERY nice Carol_OH...for what charity do you knit? That is such a :heart: thing to do :)

jodstr2
06-23-2005, 08:00 PM
oooh! yummy hats, Carol! :heart: :cheering: :happydance:

Carol_OH
06-23-2005, 09:58 PM
thanks guys!

Hildie, yep, it's the slip stitch pattern from "Knit Hats" - I love that series!

Kemp, I knit with the group at "All Crafts for Charity" Yahoo! group. We have a different charity every month, though my fav so far is Father's House International which knits for orphanages in the Ukraine - I think that pre-teens and teens are a group that a lot of folks forget about, not that preemies and babies shouldn't be knit for, but I like making stuff for the older kids.

Jod, doesn't some yarn just make you think of gumdrops!? :)

knitqueen
06-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Here's my beaded bracelet. I started out with the Mary Ella Beaded Bracelet (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTmaryella.html) but didn't like how wide it was so I made up my own simple version. Cast on 6 stitches, garter stitch for about 1/2", then knit 2, slide 2 beads, knit 2, slide 2 beads, knit 2. So simple and easy and knit up pretty quick, even though on teeny needles. I think I'll wear it a lot! :happydance:

jodstr2
06-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Carol: yep! I'm always thinking about food, so yarns that appeal to me - the first word I think of is 'yummy'! :inlove:

knitqueen: soooo cute! :heart: I want to try knitting w/ beads! looks complicated tho :(... all the instructions I've ever read just seem to confuse me. I need to actually practice it.

Soxy
06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Carol I love you hats!! Slip st is a fun way to add color to your :XX: ing!!

:XX: queen your bracelet is fab, the beads worked really well.

knitqueen
06-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Carol: yep! I'm always thinking about food, so yarns that appeal to me - the first word I think of is 'yummy'! :inlove:

knitqueen: soooo cute! :heart: I want to try knitting w/ beads! looks complicated tho :(... all the instructions I've ever read just seem to confuse me. I need to actually practice it.

The instructions for knitting with beads look complicated and are very wordy, but once you get the hang of it, the pattern is very basic and repeats itself a lot.

DotMom61
06-24-2005, 12:26 PM
I love those hats!!! That is by far one of the top #1 patterns for hats that I've seen. I'm going to have to go looking for that one.

And the beaded bracelet is *very* cute! What type of yarn/thread are you using and what size needles? I'm thinking those would make really neat gifts for my nieces for Christmas.

Rennagayle
06-24-2005, 12:57 PM
And the beaded bracelet is *very* cute! What type of yarn/thread are you using and what size needles? I'm thinking those would make really neat gifts for my nieces for Christmas.

Ditto to the above! I think those would make terrific presents for my nieces, as well. :D

knitqueen
06-24-2005, 03:19 PM

I used DMC Perle Cotton Size 8 'yarn' (more of a thread) and size 1.5mm needles. Not sure what that is in US sizes...the pattern I started out with called for a 0000 which is a 1.25mm but the smallest I could find was 1.5mm....at that small, I'm sure .25mm doesn't make that much difference!! Needless to say, they were tiny.

Aby
06-24-2005, 03:22 PM
knit picks actually has the 0000 for sale on their website. Just an fyi.

Joel
06-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Dang.... I'm seeing these projects you all are finishing and embarrassed to be posting mine. I dont have anything fancy or all that great. Those projects are so cool!

Anyway... this morning saw the completion of my second project. (also a dishrag). I used 8 ply cotton yarn. I will say this... at least this one has no holes like my first one did! ;)

Hmm... 1 dishrag per month. Maybe if I start a scarf now I can finish it in time for next summer. :lol:

That said.... here are a couple of pics for you!

KellyK
06-25-2005, 12:14 PM
GREAT job, Joel....it looks VERY even! :thumbsup:

And, stop feeling like you aren't measuring up! Knitting is something that comes to people at their own rates. As long as you are ENJOYING it, you are doing just fine! :heart:

jodstr2
06-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Joel - you're doing fine. I made ONLY garter stitch scarves for I don't know how long! you'll pick up new stuff whenever you're ready! :thumbsup: :D

Silver
06-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Joel, even the most advanced knitter (Ahem.. AMY), started slow and with basic patterns. I don't think anyone could start with a detailed lace shawl and be a success.

And if they could, then they're just a freak of nature, and who wants to be one of those? :shock:

Keep it up, you're doing GREAT!!! :cheering:

Sara
06-25-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't know, I might like to be KellyK for a minute or two.

Yay, Joel! You did it, you did it, you did it! Woo-oo-Woo!

KellyK
06-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't know, I might like to be KellyK for a minute or two.

Thanks, Sara :oops: but, my first SEVERAL projects were garter st scarves and purses (i.e., rectangles seamed up the sides). The only thing that made them look fancy was I held a strand of fun fur in with the regular, old bulky yarn.

Nuno930
06-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Dang.... I'm seeing these projects you all are finishing and embarrassed to be posting mine. I dont have anything fancy or all that great. Those projects are so cool!

Ummm I hear ya! and I have been knitting a lot longer than you :doh:

kitkat
06-26-2005, 10:25 AM
If I keep working on that stupid afghan, I will never ever post here again because that will be done when my oldest child has grandchildren!!!

DotMom61
06-26-2005, 03:16 PM

Joel --

The dishcloth looks great! The stitches are even, the color is really pretty, and it's square!! What more do you want? And any of us that have knit dishcloths will confess that they're a lot of fun to knit!! Keep up the good work, and look at it this way: You finished something! :cheering:

Debbie
06-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Knitted Flower Gipsy Girl
Pattern by Yvey Wayling

I can't wait to make more!

amp926
06-30-2005, 05:51 PM
That is BEAUTIFUL!

How long did it take you to do?

I am picturing them in all sorts of colors.....

MaryB
06-30-2005, 06:33 PM
:balloons: :balloons: :balloons: BEAUTIFUL! :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

KellyK
06-30-2005, 06:49 PM
:cheering: PREEEEETY!!! :cheering:

kemp
06-30-2005, 06:57 PM
That is FAB!!!! Is it a free pattern by any chance?

Debbie
06-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Thank you, Thank you!

Kemp,
The pattern is from a kit I got at a craft fair in London. I have searched the web using the author's name .. Yvey Wayling.. and there is nothing. There is no address or other information on the instruction sheet. I wanted to ask permission to share the pattern or at least be able to offer somewhere you could find it. I would love to share, but don't want to break any rules :)

Amp,
It was SO EASY! Thanks mostly to Amy's videos and informatin I get from the forum. It has K,P, K2tog, tbl ... through the back loops... I had to look that one up ... psso, sl1K and yarn overs which she calls yarn foward. I was wishing I had taken a picture of the flower she made... but just followed the directions step by step and YEA!!! It looks just like hers. We just moved so my reward for unpacking 2 boxes is to knit 30 minutes ... it probably took about 3 hours not counting the unpacking part. There are three circles of petals stacked on top of each other, two leaves and the stem.

I bought 3 skeins of yarn to use for flowers very next day!

Silver
06-30-2005, 09:09 PM
That is so lovely! :cheering:

rebecca
06-30-2005, 10:49 PM
:heart: :heart: it....too, too pretty!!

kemp
07-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Thank you, Thank you!

Kemp,
The pattern is from a kit I got at a craft fair in London. I have searched the web using the author's name .. Yvey Wayling.. and there is nothing. There is no address or other information on the instruction sheet. I wanted to ask permission to share the pattern or at least be able to offer somewhere you could find it. I would love to share, but don't want to break any rules :)

Thanks for checking. Was there a publisher listed on there by any chance?

Debbie
07-01-2005, 09:43 AM
No, the pattern is just typed up as a word document on the back and front of a piece of paper. I am sure it is just her personal pattern ... her booth was just things made by her.

kemp
07-01-2005, 10:00 AM
bummer. Oh well, I know there are tons of flower patterns. I'll just have to look a little harder. so easy to be lazy when you have such a great example right in front of you!

DotMom61
07-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Well, I finally took the time to take some pictures of the things I've been knitting while procrasting on the last sleeve of my Tricot sweater. Pardon me for the large post, but here goes:

http://photos16.flickr.com/22839155_c9aa5cd293.jpg

And some individual pics:

http://photos19.flickr.com/22839156_bdc0f62950.jpg

I love this Sugar 'n Cream yarn -- it's called Playtime. This is a dishcloth from the Nifty Knit Dishcloths book from Leisure Arts.

http://photos6.flickr.com/22839158_034be84484.jpg

And this is proof that Lion Brand's Landscape yarn does indeed felt! I did this little swatch by hand. I used hot tap water w/ Dawn dishwashing liquid, scrubbed it roughly, and then plunged it into cold water. I did this probably 10 times (I didn't really count, though). At first it didn't seem like it was going to do anything, and then all of a sudden voila!

http://photos16.flickr.com/22839159_8da70c46b9_m.jpg http://photos19.flickr.com/22839160_29e83a535a_m.jpg

I knit this cloth from this (http://www.knitlist.com/99gift/towel-and-cloth.htm) pattern. Instead of using it as a "towel," I use it as a center cloth on my kitchen table. (A bigger image of the stitches can be found here (http://photos19.flickr.com/22839160_29e83a535a_o.jpg).)

http://photos18.flickr.com/22840124_c68e59a875.jpg

And, finally, the 10-Minute Tank (http://www.zibibboisgood.com/patterns/patt_10minutetank.pdf), which I am not overly thrilled with. I moved up 2 needle sizes & knit very loosely to try and attain gauge, and it turned out very sloppy looking. So, I am going to try again and just knit it at my natural gauge using the needles she suggested. I have never been very good at determining my gauge in garter stitch, and I think I need to revisit that section of my "Knitting for Dummies" book. I feel like a dummy when I look at this dang tank. I won't let DD wear it in public. :oops:

And that's it for now -- again, sorry for hogging the space here!!

kemp
07-01-2005, 12:37 PM
great projects, dot mom. I :heart: the colors in your dishcloth...glad you gave the brand/color.

I always wondered about that landscapes. It seems like it is about the same price though as some 100% wools so I have never tried it. They do have good colors though.

DotMom61
07-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I always wondered about that landscapes. It seems like it is about the same price though as some 100% wools so I have never tried it. They do have good colors though.

I thought it was a little pricey, too, especially given the fact that there are only 55 yards in a ball! Let's say you're going to make a Booga Bag. That requires roughly 330 yds of yarn. If you bought the Landscapes yarn @ Joann's for $5.99/ball, you'd spend almost $36 w/out tax!!
:shock:

And that's our word problem for the day. :)

p.s. You can get Noro Kureyon (the recommended yarn for the Booga Bag) at Wool Needlework Yarn (http://www.woolneedlework.com/Yarn/Kureyon_by_Noro_yarn.shtml) for $5.99 for 110-yd skein. That means that the project cost would drop to $25.49 including shipping.

I just did the math @ Joann's online, and the total project cost including shipping would be $43.89 with Landscapes!! Yikes! And this yarn is $6.99/ball @ Lion Brand's online store!! :shock:

OMG ... am I RANTING?

brendajos
07-01-2005, 01:19 PM
oooh i love playtime too...i want to make a purse in those colors i think! I made my mom a dishcloth with it and the orange combined...looked very spanish to me...love love love it!

DotMom61
07-01-2005, 02:13 PM
oooh i love playtime too...i want to make a purse in those colors i think! I made my mom a dishcloth with it and the orange combined...looked very spanish to me...love love love it!

I must be a total yarn geek because I absolutely *love* using variegated yarns so that I can see what the colors are going to do w/ the pattern I'm using. I hardly ever buy solid-colored cotton for that very reason. :?eyebrow: Is that weird?

brendajos
07-01-2005, 02:17 PM
lol...not at all...i think that is why i have so many projects on needles right now ...cuz i want to see what it will look like when it knits up...but i like to mix with different solid colors too so i can see what they look like when you make one of the colors dominant...i have some of the solid pink to make another one with too!

DotMom61
07-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Here's my beaded bracelet. I started out with the Mary Ella Beaded Bracelet (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTmaryella.html) but didn't like how wide it was so I made up my own simple version. Cast on 6 stitches, garter stitch for about 1/2", then knit 2, slide 2 beads, knit 2, slide 2 beads, knit 2. So simple and easy and knit up pretty quick, even though on teeny needles. I think I'll wear it a lot! :happydance:

KQ: I was taking another look @ your bracelet. Did you fasten it the same way as Mary Ella, with sew-in snaps? How is that working out? It seems like it might not stay fastened well, but I can't think of a better way to do it.

Silver
07-02-2005, 01:05 AM
My Aran Afghan is FINISHED!!!
SIX months of work on this... and it's done!!! :happydance:

http://www.cometosilver.com/bitethis/knitting/aranafghan.jpg
See all the squares here (http://www.cometosilver.com/bitethis/knitting_squares.htm).

amp926
07-02-2005, 01:10 AM
:heart: That is really one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen! :heart:

:drooling: I wish that I could tackle a project like that... but if it took you 6 months to finish, it would take me 6 years!!!! :lol:

:balloons: Congrats on finishing it! I bet it feel so good to have it completed! :balloons:

Ingrid
07-02-2005, 01:18 AM
That IS an heirloom. It is stunning! I LOVE the edging you put on it. (And the little sweater square.) It's so nice and even. Did you have to block each square? You deserve to be very, very proud! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :D

DotMom61
07-02-2005, 02:11 AM
I am just speechless. Words are not enough!!! Gorgeous!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: {standing ovation} :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
07-02-2005, 07:33 AM
:shock: Sil, I just dont know what to say!! :shock: Im gonna need to visit the thesaurus to come up with a word that Ive never used here before, because, WOW.

OK - how about:
stunning, wondrous, phenomenal, spectacular and enthralling!

Debbie
07-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Silver, it is so beautiful. There are truly no words. Thank you so much for sharing!

kitkat
07-02-2005, 09:05 AM
That is truly amazing! How long have you been knitting???

Carol_OH
07-02-2005, 09:22 AM
GORGEOUS!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

hedgehog
07-02-2005, 09:43 AM
OMG, Silver - it's absolutely MARVELLOUS in the true sense of the word MARVEL!

:balloons:

GORGEOUS! The squares are beautiful themselves but the whole thing together is stunning!!

You must be sooooo proud! Well done!! :thumbsup:

-hh

Silver
07-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Thank you everyone!! :)

How long have you been knitting???
I've been knitting for about 4 years (I think). :??

MaryB
07-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Absolutely fabulous!! Each square was beautiful when you posted them earlier and together they are incredible.

DotMom61
07-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Silver --

Did you use the yarn recommended in the pattern book?

I can't believe it, but I'm actually thinking it might be a fun project to undertake! :shock: Of course, I think I might also be losing my mind, too.

Seriously, I like the modularity of it, and if nothing else, one could turn finished squares into pillows if it became too big of a project to finish.

I just keep going back to look at it again and again. Are you going to hang it, or is it a gift for someone? I can't imagine using it as an actual blanket! I'd be terrified of it getting ruined somehow!

Silver
07-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Yes, I used the recommended yarn, Plymouth Encore. The pattern calls for 20 balls, that's for the afghan and 4 throw pillows (which I'm not making). I have 2 full balls left, so if I wanted to make the pillows I'd probably need at least 1, maybe 2 more balls.

I am going to be using it as a blanket. It's much too cozy and lovely NOT to use. But that's the good thing about Encore, you can machine wash and dry it with abandon. I wouldn't use a luxury yarn for an afghan.. ever. I'm a firm believer in USING what I knit, or making sure others can use it.

This was a very enjoyable project. Since each square is so different, when each one was finished, it was like a little finished object all by itself. That really kept the project fun and not overwhelming. The border took the longest to knit. And peicing everything together wasn't fun, but definitely worth the effort! :heart:

feministmama
07-02-2005, 02:26 PM
WOW! Silver that is truely a beautiful work of art. :thumbsup:

Nuno930
07-02-2005, 02:37 PM
'

*that is me speachless*

maniago
07-02-2005, 04:26 PM
That is just beautiful!!

KellyK
07-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Im never going to post an FO here again....nothing will compare. :verysad:

Nuno930
07-02-2005, 07:15 PM

hahaha, I was just about to post that same thing. "Yeah ummmm so here is my scarf... but ummm notice I did put frindge on it"

DotMom61
07-02-2005, 09:07 PM

hahaha, I was just about to post that same thing. "Yeah ummmm so here is my scarf... but ummm notice I did put frindge on it"

I was thinking the same thing, except that just yesterday I just posted 3 square things, and one thing that didn't turn out quite right. :rollseyes:

Thanks, Silver.

(Just kidding ... I hope you know that. :) )

LisaD715
07-02-2005, 11:23 PM
WOW Silver!!!! That is Beautimous!!!!! I would love to get to where I can make somethign like that soon!!!!

Here is my latest creation.... Rachel's scarf....my oldest son's (Stephen's ) girlfriend's birthday gift. I used a lovely turquoise blue and rainbow fun fur.

Silver
07-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Ok.. now I feel bad. I LOVE seeing all of your finished projects too, so you better not stop! How about if I make a pot holder now? :D

Nuno930
07-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Ok.. now I feel bad. I LOVE seeing all of your finished projects too, so you better not stop! How about if I make a pot holder now? :D
Oh NoooOoOooooo! We don't want your stinkn' sympathy pot holder :?eyebrow:

;)

KellyK
07-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Oh NoooOoOooooo! We don't want your stinkn' sympathy pot holder :?eyebrow: ;)

:rollseyes: Schyeah.....and it'll probably be the World's Most GAWGEOUS Potholder, anyway!

*KellyK with a fakey sarcastic voice*
OHHHH LOOK! Its Silver and her potholder sent from FRIKKIN HEAVEN! When she lifts a pot, the ANGELS sing! BLAH BLAH BLAH! :mad:

:blush:

Nuno930
07-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Lisa I love the color combo in the scarf!

Ingrid
07-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Oh NoooOoOooooo! We don't want your stinkn' sympathy pot holder :?eyebrow:

;)

It'll be the only potholder every made in qiviut!

DotMom61
07-03-2005, 09:09 AM

OK ... I had to look it up:

Quiviut: The soft greyish-brown underwool of the rare Arctic animal, the musk ox, and the warmest, lightest wool in the world. It can be made into incomparably soft garments that can be worn next to the skin.

I'm sure it would make a lovely potholder, Silver. Go for it. ( I saw a kit with a 2 oz skein for $80. :shock: )

Ingrid
07-03-2005, 09:29 AM

OK ... I had to look it up:

Quiviut: The soft greyish-brown underwool of the rare Arctic animal, the musk ox, and the warmest, lightest wool in the world. It can be made into incomparably soft garments that can be worn next to the skin.

I'm sure it would make a lovely potholder, Silver. Go for it. ( I saw a kit with a 2 oz skein for $80. :shock: )

Find the "wool question" thread from the 27th. It goes into, well, you'll see..

Sara
07-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Silver, all snarkiness and jealousy aside, that is the most beautiful afghan I have ever seen. We are so proud of you. What an accomplishment!

Anne
07-03-2005, 10:53 AM
It is MAGNIFICENT! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Silver
07-03-2005, 11:09 AM
I don't think anyone should be envious of my "talent"! I just like to try new patterns. Anyone can do it too!

Lisa, that's a great scarf. I love fun fur for scarves. They're so much... well, fun! :thumbsup:

Stonington
07-05-2005, 08:35 AM
:heart: Spectacular... thank you for sharing... :cheering:

Silver on a OT--I just finished my FIRST sock using your pattern.. I never thought I would ever make socks.. so it is very exciting.. kind of a bit "Wonky" lol. But thank you so much! I wish you would write a book, your instructions are fabulous. Thanks again! anne :balloons:

catknit
07-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi all, I've been out of the loop awhile...taking care of alot of work issues that put my knitting on hold, but I finished this baby blanket for my nephew. It's the ruffle garter baby blanket pattern. I knitted a little pocket and put 2 little puppy toys into it. Here are a few pictures. :D

KellyK
07-05-2005, 09:53 AM
OMG that is SUCH a GREAT idea about the pocket/puppies!!! And, look at that baby with his BEDHEAD!!! I wanna BITE that baby!!!! :cheering:

Nuno930
07-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Huh, what blanket? All I could see was that adorable baby :inlove:

catknit
07-05-2005, 10:29 AM
When I first started the blanket I was thinking of knitting in little animals and such, but I got lazy (and wasn't sure how to do it—KellyK, you gave me a few ideas, but I just couldn't get my head around it). So I came up with the pockets (I wanted my nephew to get it before he became a teenager.

I'm going to try and knit some baby gear for Luke (he's is the greatest little guy...I can't help but be a proud aunt :heart:). A baby hat for sure, but are there any easy patterns for baby sweaters anyone can recommend?

Now I am getting back into full knitting speed! :XX:

KellyK
07-05-2005, 10:40 AM
oooooh that's RIGHT! I remember now! :doh:

Silver
07-05-2005, 10:49 AM
What a sweet blanket! I love the pockets!! :cheering:

VictoiseC
07-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Congrats on the afghan Silver.... geez, I'm making my first afghan with some acrylic stuff and it's as simple as can be but I know I'll make a more complicated one in the future. I usually never use acrylic but I had some laying around and then read a post here by someone who says her acrylic afghans last for YEARS and get thrown in the washer etc etc so I thought I might as well use it up.
(I did a search to see what your yarn was made of!)

I'm sure you'll really enjoy that baby, and speaking of babies, what a sweetie in that picture!

:heart:

Silver
07-05-2005, 02:55 PM
My felted clogs! :) These are knit in Cascade 220 yarn, #8400 Charcoal Grey and #8401 Silver Grey.

Unfortunately, I made these while my mom and sister were here... so it looks like I will need to make at least 2 more pairs. (Although I taught them both to knit so they'd stop asking me to make everything that I've done for me, for them too. LOL)
:XX:

brendajos
07-05-2005, 02:56 PM
color me impressed! they look like ones i would buy in the store...well if i would buy things that are grey!....hrmmm...mebbe in a bright orange and pink! hee hee

Aby
07-05-2005, 02:57 PM
W00T :cheering: :cheering:

Finished my first hat, today. First as in, first EVER! I'm so proud of myself for being able to follow a more complex pattern. Well, more complex for me, that is. Anyway, this is the blaze or safety orange hunting cap that I knit for my FIL. I hope he :heart: 's it.

http://intheclique.com/firsthat.jpg
http://intheclique.com/firsthattop.jpg

brendajos
07-05-2005, 03:00 PM
that is going to be great for him! nice and bright to ward off the evil gun shots and nice and warm too! good job!

Silver
07-05-2005, 03:02 PM
That is fantastic, Aby! My first knit hat was just like that too! I made it for DH, and he still wears it every winter.

Great job!! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
07-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Great job! You'd never know it was a first. Looks perfect! :thumbsup:

Carol_OH
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
The hat and felted clogs are so neat!

Is there a pattern available for either of them?

;;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Since I just looked at like 10 pages of stuff all I can say is WOW! Everyone's stuff is just so cool. I wish I could post a comment to everyone, because everything is so great. But, since that would take forever b/c on 46 pages of stuff, I just have to pick one: congrats on your first hat Aby :-) I never post on this topic b/c i never FINISH anything. Or, I do, but don't think ya'll want to see them twice haha (like my big bags :twisted: ) I do like looking at everyone's projects... provides me with some much needed inspiration!

koolbreeze
07-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Since I just looked at like 10 pages of stuff all I can say is WOW! Everyone's stuff is just so cool. I wish I could post a comment to everyone, because everything is so great. But, since that would take forever b/c on 46 pages of stuff, I just have to pick one: congrats on your first hat Aby :-) I never post on this topic b/c i never FINISH anything. Or, I do, but don't think ya'll want to see them twice haha (like my big bags :twisted: ) I do like looking at everyone's projects... provides me with some much needed inspiration!

i'm with you Hilde... lets go knit something!!!!!

KellyK
07-05-2005, 05:21 PM
SIL, YOUR CLOGS LOOK FANTASTIC!! You really shaped them PERFECTLY! Mine are slightly lumpy.

And, Aby...CONGRATS on your first hat! :cheering: Dontcha love the way the decreases swirl around like that?? That's what always made me happy about hats.

Aby
07-05-2005, 05:34 PM
And, Aby...CONGRATS on your first hat! :cheering: Dontcha love the way the decreases swirl around like that?? That's what always made me happy about hats.

YES! I do love that. Thanks everybody. I had so much fun, I can't wait to start on the next 3 hats I have to do :shock: Now my husband wants one.

Carol, I will post a link to the hat pattern I used, on the pattern board. The new topic that was started specifically for links.

Carol_OH
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
thanks Aby!!! :happydance:

Silver
07-05-2005, 07:16 PM
:rollseyes: Schyeah.....and it'll probably be the World's Most GAWGEOUS Potholder, anyway!

*KellyK with a fakey sarcastic voice*
OHHHH LOOK! Its Silver and her potholder sent from FRIKKIN HEAVEN! When she lifts a pot, the ANGELS sing! BLAH BLAH BLAH! :mad:

:blush:
Kelly, my sister had to call me to say that your post here cracked her up so bad, she was crying.
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

hedgehog
07-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Silver those clogs look GREAT!! I love the colors and they look like they were shaped to perfection. What did you use to shape them?

(jeez, i think i'm becoming a groupie! "If only i could knit like Silver".... :pray:... scary)

I actually bought the pattern today after thinking about it for AGES. They look like a great project for Xmas pressies!

And i really like the baby blanket with the pockets. WOW - does Luke have some hair or what??!! :shock: :D Definitely not one of those bald, old man-looking babies! :) At first glance i though he was wrestling with one of those walking-wig type of guinea pigs! He's a cutie! :) Being an aunt is fabulous!

-hh

Silver
07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Silver those clogs look GREAT!! I love the colors and they look like they were shaped to perfection. What did you use to shape them?
I actually didn't want to say. You all are going to start throwing rocks at me!

I didn't use anything but two plastic grocery bags and my feet. They mostly came out of the washer like that.
:oops:

foothills
07-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Silver...Kelly will drool :lol:

I didn't use anything but two plastic grocery bags and my feet. They mostly came out of the washer like that.

They are perfect :cheering:

Joyce

knitqueen
07-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I am making the Later Gator mittens from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation for my kids. I made one mitten yesterday, the smallest size (supposed to be for size 2-6) for my 2 year old and it is too small. It was so easy to make though that making a larger size will not be too much of a burden, and not much yarn lost! (I used cheap yarn anyways! :lol: ). Despite the size problem, the mitten came out super cute and I'm really thrilled with it. Almost more of a puppet than a mitten. I wish these pictures were better, but here ya go!

Silver
07-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Those are the cutest mittens!!! Just wonderful! *I'D* like a pair of those myself! LOL

Nuno930
07-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Those are adorable!!!

Silver
07-06-2005, 12:04 AM
I can just see myself wearing those. I'd go around everywhere going "raaawwwrrrr" with my hands. :roflhard:

brendajos
07-06-2005, 12:05 AM
i saw them in the SnB and i wanted them too! hrmmm...if they came out THAT small though i don't know that i could figger out a way to get them on my hands...maybe individual sock puppets? lol

knitqueen
07-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Those are the cutest mittens!!! Just wonderful! *I'D* like a pair of those myself! LOL

Well, the pattern DOES include a women's size!!! I think they'd be so much fun! :D

i saw them in the SnB and i wanted them too! hrmmm...if they came out THAT small though i don't know that i could figger out a way to get them on my hands...maybe individual sock puppets? lol

I didn't use the yarn called for so I think that's why they came out smaller...also I didn't check my gauge. :rollseyes: And I should say that they're not THAT small, just that my son has fat hands. hahaha You know, that 2 year old still kinda baby-fatty stage. :roflhard:

brendajos
07-06-2005, 12:21 AM
well maybe so but i am fairly certain that my 34 year old hands are prolly still fatter than your son's!...lol

DotMom61
07-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Fabulous afghan -- clever idea w/ the pocket!

A most adorable baby with the most incredible hair!

An astounding first hat!! Very round, very even, and very orange.

The most perfect felted clogs I've ever seen!

And, the cuddliest croc, too! (Don't show my kids. My project list is too long as it is!)

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: to everyone!

(Did I forget anyone??? :??)

Aby
07-06-2005, 12:57 AM
thanks dotmom... hehehe very very orange... no getting accidently shot in that one!!! :shock:

knitqueen, I wonder if I could pull it off, wearing those. 1) I live in Florida where you don't really need mittens.. 2) I don't have any small children..

But I'd still wear em. So which one of you will be visiting me in the nuthouse?

:roflhard:

knitqueen
07-06-2005, 01:06 AM
I wanted to mention....

If anyone is going to attempt the Later Gator Mittens, there is a pattern correction here (http://www.bust.com/knithappens/oops.shtml) that will make a BIG difference in the outcome. Also, a few weird little things in the pattern that I noticed as I went along. For instance, at one point it said to knit 9 rows in stockinette stitch starting on RS, then the next instruction was for starting on the RS as well....ummmmm, that would technically be row 10 and that would be a wrong side row as far as I know :?? . Anyways, I just winged that part and it came out fine!

catknit
07-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Aby,

Congrats on your hat! It just might be the inspiration I need to finish up my first (and only) hat I've made (the Rowan "May" pattern). I must have seamed and re-seamed so many times that I've just left it (and I was so proud of my learning to decrease). I have a few months until winter...

foothills
07-06-2005, 07:05 AM
Those mittens really are adorable...I just ordered Stitch 'n Bitch Nation yesterday...thanks for the link to the pattern correction. I bought my grandson a hermit crab last weekend and he is getting just a thrill when it crawls, so he'd probably like these mittens too!

KellyK
07-06-2005, 07:29 AM
OK, Silver, this is getting RIDICULOUS. :| Who did you sell your soul to in order to have every knitted piece come our PERFECTLY??? :devil:

:oops:

KQ, that Croc is just TOO TOO TOO cute! :heart:

Silver
07-06-2005, 11:49 AM
OK, Silver, this is getting RIDICULOUS. :| Who did you sell your soul to in order to have every knitted piece come our PERFECTLY??? :devil:
I don't remember his name, but he threw in a ball of cashmere and I was sold. :heart:

VictoiseC
07-06-2005, 11:49 AM
IMPRESSED! The clogs are PERFECT, they are so neatly done.

and I love the orange hat. My hats have yet to have that pretty top. I've got to do one of those. Now you have to make a hat for yourself! :cheering:

Nuno930
07-06-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't remember his name, but he threw in a ball of cashmere and I was sold. :heart:
I'm so dissapointed in you. I thought you would at least hold out for qiviut :fingerwag:

Edit for spelling :oops:

Silver
07-06-2005, 11:54 AM
I know.... *sigh* It was before I knew about qiviut. :oops:

LisaD715
07-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Update on the latest scarf....I gave Rachel her scarf today, and she LOVED it!! She was so excited, and said, "Miss Lisa, I can wear it with everything!! I have to hug you!!"

Mission accomplished!! I love the happy looks on faces as they get something sweet I made for them!

After seeing the doggie fur site a little while ago, I am going to save the fur from my Mom's dogs and make her some fun stuff!!

KellyK
07-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Im so glad Rachel liked her scarf. I like watching faces, too... ;)

Here is my finished Huge-a bag...blocking with 2 shoe boxes in a plastic bag. It turned out to be 13.5" tall, 12" wide and 7" deep.

brendajos
07-07-2005, 08:30 AM
is that the bigger booga bag?

whatever it is, it looks great! I need to hurry up and finish the bag i am working on so i can make me something pretty like that!

If it is the bigger booga did you just double everything?

KellyK
07-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Brenda!

That's exactly what I did...doubled everything except the length of the Icord. There's a pic of the UNfelted product in my blog thread.

Nuno930
07-07-2005, 09:37 AM
OOooh Kelly I love the colors!

KellyK
07-07-2005, 10:11 AM
:mrgreen: GLEEEEEEEE! :mrgreen:

brendajos
07-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks, Brenda!

That's exactly what I did...doubled everything except the length of the Icord. There's a pic of the UNfelted product in my blog thread.

oooh thanks! that is the only thing that has bugged me about the booga...i need me a bigga bag than that....woo hoo! glad you took the bull by the horns on that one!

someone finish all my other stuff so i can start that one!

MaryB
07-07-2005, 10:33 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Great job, Kelly. The colors look super. You must have knitted your little fingers off in order to finish this bag in record time.

KellyK
07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks, you two...I DID knit my fingers off...makes it really hard to type! :rollseyes:

But, really, it was all stockinette, except for the bottom which was garter. Pretty mindless & fast-moving.

LisaD715
07-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Gorgeous bag Kelly!!!! I love it!! Colors are great!

Awesome job :thumbsup:

Nuno930
07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
It is my dream to one day post something here *sigh*

Aby
07-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Finished my NZ friend's scarf. I hope she likes it. Lion Brand Incredible is such a pretty ribbon. I loved working with it, despite its tendency to twist up.

http://intheclique.com/mandyscarf.jpg
http://intheclique.com/mandyscarf2.jpg

DotMom61
07-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Oooo ...that's pretty! Is that Autumn Leaves?? I have a couple of balls of that on hand to make a bag I found.

Aby
07-07-2005, 11:04 PM
It sure is. I love the colors.. soooo pretty

Silver
07-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Kelly that bag is awesome!! Great colors! :cheering:

Aby, that turned out really nice. And that's some great fringe. I'm sure your friend will love it! How's it feel on the neck, do you think it will be warm?

KellyK
07-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanks, Sil! :mrgreen:

Aby....that is one PREEEEETY scarf! LOVE those colors! They'd go GREAT with my new RED hair! :shifty:

Silver
07-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Another FO! :cheering:
Yes, I am a knitting madwoman.

This is the rabbit (http://www.thewoolshack.com/patterns.htm?action=display&PatternID=2455&BackText=Special%20Knits&PHPSESSID=892e333610127cf5b9c34aa903aa1dfd) from Debbie Bliss Special Knits. I added a little scarf though... I just thought it would be cute. Knit in Andean Silk on size 3s. This pattern is not for the faint of heart. Setting in those tiny little arms and seaming the tiny little shoulders was a pain in the you know what!!

I was going to give him as a baby gift, but now I'm having second thoughts. I'm not sure the pom pom tail is safe for a baby. :thinking:

KellyK
07-08-2005, 12:11 AM
AWWWWW, SILLLLL!!!! That is PRECIOUS!

Mommy can keep him on a high shelf or let baby play with him SUPERVISED if she doesnt feel safe.

DotMom61
07-08-2005, 12:19 AM
All right ... that's it ...the *$#% bunny is going to come to life, isn't it?

Would you please just post a dishcloth or something?

FINE PRINT: Above comment was intended to evoke a smile, laugh or giggle. The author of above comment sincerely admires Silver's talent and dedication to the craft. Any similarities to actual persons -- living or dead -- is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the authoring of this note. Cashback bonus is based on purchase price before tax. Offer expires on January 1, 2006.

Silver
07-08-2005, 12:31 AM
All right ... that's it ...the *$#% bunny is going to come to life, isn't it?

Would you please just post a dishcloth or something?

I would, but the little terror just ate it.
That's one scary bunny.

Aby
07-08-2005, 12:33 AM
I doubt it will be warm, Silver. It's more of a decorative deal. I know it's winter there now, but Autumn is her color and so it should look good with her anytime of the year.

That would look great with your new red hair, Kelly :heart:

Silver
07-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Eh, who says scarves have to be warm anyway. :thumbsup:

knitqueen
07-08-2005, 05:13 AM
I say give it as a baby gift...it would be one of those special heirloom type toys rather than something you'd actually play with. I have 2 boys and if I'd gotten that as gift, I would have been touched. :thumbsup:

KellyK
07-08-2005, 07:20 AM
FINE PRINT: Above comment was intended to evoke a smile, laugh or giggle. The author of above comment sincerely admires Silver's talent and dedication to the craft. Any similarities to actual persons -- living or dead -- is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the authoring of this note. Cashback bonus is based on purchase price before tax. Offer expires on January 1, 2006.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

feministmama
07-08-2005, 11:01 PM
THe Mod Squad was here! :waving:

Thanks for fixin my pictures. :heart:

LisaD715
07-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Aby.....Gorgeous scarf!!! I love that ribbon!

Silver....another beautiful creation!! I agree that is an heirloom item, gorgrous bunny!

Mama....I love the gnomes!! They are so cute! What will they be doing now that they can be displayed? Are they a gift or a fun creation for your house?

Aby
07-08-2005, 11:34 PM
While bored and waiting for this storm to roll through, I finished up my dd's shrug. It's the one from knitty gritty, though next time, I plan to challenge myself more with some of the long sleeved shrugs. The color just didn't show right in that image. Sorry. It's kool wool jeans blue and the collar is fancy fur
Stained Glass Black, both by Lion. Wool is warm, yes.. but I was thinking of how she's always complaining about her classroom being cold. I'd try it on for yall but she's a petite little monkey and she's still in Kansas.

http://intheclique.com/shrug.jpg

snephenie
07-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Aby the shrug looks great. I just watched that episode last night. LOVE Knitty Gritty!

Aby
07-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Thanky :mrgreen:

brendajos
07-08-2005, 11:44 PM
:thinking: ummm.....it is lovely... :?? but is it really for your DH? I see the "she" in there so i am thinking typo but if it really is for your DH i am reeeeeally curious about when he is going to wear it.

THE GNOMES ARE GREAT!!!...

Aby
07-08-2005, 11:45 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: oops... I have him on the brain!!! :shock: I fixed it!

brendajos
07-08-2005, 11:54 PM
oh thank goodness cuz i was reeeally wondering if you had talked to him about knitting him a shrug...especially a fuzzy one.... :roflhard:

Aby
07-08-2005, 11:58 PM
He loves me a LOT but I mean.. the man wields a chainsaw for a living. His nickname is Lumberjack. He's terribly old school masculine. I doubt I could EVER get him in a shrug. He didn't even want to wear that "OTHER" thing I knitted him :shock: ~nudge nudge~

brendajos
07-09-2005, 12:00 AM
omg....lol....can't.....stop.....giggling......... .

DotMom61
07-09-2005, 07:29 AM
While bored and waiting for this storm to roll through, I finished up my dd's shrug.

Brenda --

More coffee ... you need more coffee.

;)

EDIT: OK ... It's *me* who needs the coffee. I just saw the "last edited" line. All right ... coffee's almost done. I'll now remove my nose from your business. :oops:

KellyK
07-09-2005, 10:09 AM
the man wields a chainsaw for a living. His nickname is Lumberjack. He's terribly old school masculine.

Maybe he's so manly all day that he needs to explore his feminine side at home??? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

brendajos
07-09-2005, 10:14 AM
While bored and waiting for this storm to roll through, I finished up my dd's shrug.

Brenda --

More coffee ... you need more coffee.

;)

EDIT: OK ... It's *me* who needs the coffee. I just saw the "last edited" line. All right ... coffee's almost done. I'll now remove my nose from your business. :oops:

lol that's okay Julie i knew i would look silly with my posts still there after she fixed it but it made me giggle so much that i just left them anyway.

Silver
07-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Femi.. those are great! I love all the different colors. They're so cute! :)

Aby, that's a beautiful shrug.. I love the fuzzy collar. :) I'm sure your dd OR dh will enjoy it. lol

kimmie
07-09-2005, 12:18 PM
feministmama - I LOVE the gnomes. Sooooooo cute & funny.
:) kimmie

bekahdrmom
07-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Hi all! I just finished 2 scarves (1 adult and 1 kid size) and my first pattern project (baby hat). I couldn't upload the pictures here because they're too big. But here's a link to my blog where the pics are.

My FOs (http://spaces.msn.com/members/bekhay/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWlj cm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdW xsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pcLbzjbPpp5k4CnDA s0-TXQ!325&_c=PhotoAlbum)

The Mod Squad was here ;)

JGM
07-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Ok, here's what I've finished in my short knitting career:

Pillow: (http://www.acrilan.com/patterns/Feb02/embossedpillows.html)
Made this pretty much just to use up some yarn. It looks kinda like the purple pillow in the link, but I didn't use a chart, I used printed directions. I can't find the exact link I used. You can't really see the embossed star because my gauge was so loose and the variegated yarn conceals the design as well, but it's there.

Scarf:
I made this for my GF's sister. This was just straight up knitting, no pattern involved. I think I knitted 5 stitches and then purled 1 in the hopes that it wouldn't curl, but it didn't really work.

Camera case (the orange thingy):
This was my latest FO again for my GF's sister (would that be GFS?). I made my own DPNs out of dowels from Michaels to make this (thanks Amy!). I started out following a pattern for a cell phone case but ended up just making a 30 stitch tube with a flappy-doo on the top. I also ended up turning it purl side out so the flappy-doo would curl the right way. I don't know if she wants a button or velcro on it or not. We'll see.

Anyways, enjoy! I did!

feministmama
07-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Scarf:
I made this for my GF's sister. This was just straight up knitting, no pattern involved. I think I knitted 5 stitches and then purled 1 in the hopes that it wouldn't curl, but it didn't really work.

yeah ya know ya gotta use like at least 4 stiches on either side for it to not curl. geez maybe even 6 on each side. I tired that with a sweater but it just came out all funny looking.

Rennagayle
07-12-2005, 09:41 PM
JGM, the scarf may not have done what you wanted, but I LOVE it! :heart:

kemp
07-14-2005, 10:44 AM
I hate it when I get behind on this thread...so inspirational!!! I am sure I will leave something out, but I have to comment on at least some things!

catknit, beautiful blanket and beautiful baby. I really like the pocket too!

knitqueen, that mitten is sooooooooo cute! You mentioned it being too small...maybe small enough for a newborn? (well, by winter, they'll be 6 months) I have to make those for *my* twins!

aby, The hat is awesome. I love the color...even to wear without hunting! And the scarf...isn't ribbon yarn fun! I didn't realize thought that I was supposed to worry about it twisting! I'm way too lazy for that :) Oh...and the shrug is fab. You should post another pic with your DD modeling her finished item.

silver...Your clogs look sooooooooooo perfect. Are you sure you really need them in sunny Florida??? :roflhard: :roflhard: I guess all that air conditioning can be cold though :) The bunny is adorable. I might need to make that for the twins too!

jgm, that scarf is AWESOME! :heart: :heart: :heart: the colors!

kk...Rockin' felted bag! I need t get cracking on another one of those too. My current felted bag is starting to look slightly ragged :)

Whew! Now that I'm caught up I need to start making some of this cool stuff!!!

knitqueen
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
My Fuzzy Feet (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html) are finished!!!! I was really curious how these MASSIVE socks were going to turn into nice little fuzzy slippers, but man, only about 5 minutes of agitating in the washer and they were DONE. Glad I checked at 5 minutes or they may have been passed down to my 3 year old :roflhard: . The pink cuff is Wool of the Andes "Cherry Blossom" (the yarn that never dies....I swear I have used it for about 4 different projects and I STILL have little bits leftover :thinking: ) and the remainder of the slipper is Paton's Classic Merino Wool in "Dary Grey Mix".

Aby
07-14-2005, 12:20 PM
aby, The hat is awesome. I love the color...even to wear without hunting! And the scarf...isn't ribbon yarn fun! I didn't realize thought that I was supposed to worry about it twisting! I'm way too lazy for that :) Oh...and the shrug is fab. You should post another pic with your DD modeling her finished item.

Yeah, I plan to when she returns. Right now, she's in Kansas, visiting with her grandparents and her aunt. She flies back on Saturday so look for something by the end of this weekend :thumbsup:

suziehomemaker
07-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Ok, here's what I've finished in my short knitting career:

Wow - Very nice finished projects! That pillow looks so cool!

Stonington
07-14-2005, 12:31 PM
:cheering: I love your fuzzy feet! I frogged my DH's second sock again last night! I will get them done though! Can't wait to try felting! :XX:

Jazzmatazz
07-14-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm a newish knitter, and this link shows most of what I've made in the last 2 or 3 months. There are 3 pictures, and you can see them in a slideshow.

http://tinyurl.com/8zewk

My next project is a circular knit pullover made with Katia Flash ribbon. I am really nervous that it won't fit. I did the gauge swatch and got measured at the LYS, so there's hope. I haven't made a real garment yet, just scarves.