PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Rennagayle
07-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Awesome bags! :D

DotMom61
07-14-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm a newish knitter, and this link shows most of what I've made in the last 2 or 3 months. There are 3 pictures, and you can see them in a slideshow.

http://tinyurl.com/8zewk

My next project is a circular knit pullover made with Katia Flash ribbon. I am really nervous that it won't fit. I did the gauge swatch and got measured at the LYS, so there's hope. I haven't made a real garment yet, just scarves.

The bags are wonderful! You did such a terrific job on them. And that HAT! It's wild! Where in the world did you find the pattern for that? My daughter would have a ball making the i-cord for that w/ her knitting spool.

Jazzmatazz
07-14-2005, 06:18 PM
The baby hat isn't I-cord. I got the pattern from a friend who ordered the kit from Knitting to Go. It's knit on the bias and twists when you join the cast on seam to the bound off seam. Thanks for your kind words!

DotMom61
07-14-2005, 07:08 PM
The baby hat isn't I-cord. I got the pattern from a friend who ordered the kit from Knitting to Go. It's knit on the bias and twists when you join the cast on seam to the bound off seam. Thanks for your kind words!

Well, you could've fooled me ... wait ... you DID! :-) It looks like a bunch of i-cords knit loosely in different colors and then sewn together! Very cute!

Knitcrazy
07-15-2005, 08:01 PM
WOW.. Everyons projects are just Fabulous!!! What a Great Bunch of Talented Knitters!!!

Here are the a few things that I have just completed ... I am now working on my Grandsons sweater

Well.. I don't think I worked the attachment right So here is a link to my Photos.. Lets see if this works :??

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pennye51/my_photos

Rennagayle
07-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Knitcrazy, can I say WOW! :shock:

Your stuff is beautiful! Each thing I saw, I'd think "oh, that's my favorite", only to find I liked the next one even better! :D

I couldn't resist taking a peek at the wedding photos, as well. What a romantic setting for a wedding. The bride and groom are simply gorgeous, and look so very in love. :heart: What a beautiful family, you all are.

Silver
07-15-2005, 10:19 PM
*sigh* I just love this thread. I LOVE seeing all the FOs!! :heart:

SimplyKaar
07-16-2005, 09:54 AM
knitcrazy: a WOW!!!! :inlove: from me aswell, they are awsome!! I think I've met my new rolemodel; I want to learn to knit sweaters like you do :notworthy:

There are 2 babies on the way among my boyfriends family/friends but it's still quite early in the pregnancies so I have a little while to practice before I actually have to produce something wearable :) But this gives me hope!

Thanks for showing all of them even if you did upload some of them way back in 1969 ;)

KellyK
07-16-2005, 09:58 AM
KNitcrazy, I ADORE that CAT HAT!! :rofling:

Sara
07-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I want to be Knitcrazy when I grow up! Where can I get the pattern for that CatHat?

kemp
07-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Me too! That hat is so cute! And the baby clothes :heart: :heart: :heart:

DotMom61
07-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Remember the 10-Minute Tank I did that didn't turn out? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=619&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=615) Well, I frogged it, switched to the size needle recommended by the pattern, and just knit to my own gauge.

The 2nd attempt turned out just a smidge too short. So, I added an edging to it and voila! Here it is:

http://photos21.flickr.com/26620830_ef039f7b58.jpg

Please notice the very sleepy little girl wearing it. She was up waaay too late last night at the neighborhood party and didn't *really* want to model this, but I talked her into it.

Here's an up close and personal (and unblocked) look @ the edging:

http://photos22.flickr.com/26620831_66f3226bf9.jpg

I am so much happier with how this turned out! It's the first garment I've completed!

Oh, and I used this pattern (http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/cob.htm) for the edging.

And, if anyone is interested, I knit this w/ Size 8 needles using CottonEase, which, of course, is no longer available. :mad:

And now I'm off to see what else I can finish up today! :cheering:

KellyK
07-17-2005, 05:30 PM
First of all, that tank is ADORABLE....love the way the edging is at an angle to the body. The sleepy little princess is also adorable.

BUT....THAT BUFFET!!!! GAWGEOUS! :drool:

DotMom61
07-17-2005, 07:28 PM
BUT....THAT BUFFET!!!! GAWGEOUS! :drool:

Oh, my, my ... thank you!

That was a St. Charles antique store find a couple of years ago. It was exactly the perfect size for our foyer. It makes me feel all warm and happy to have it there. :-)

rebecca
07-17-2005, 08:02 PM
I've not posted here in a while...sorry :blush: . Rather than go through individually, I'm going to have to say... :cheering: :cheering: WTG and GREAT JOBS everyone ;) . Isn't :X: :XY: just a blast?!
Thanks for showing us what you've done ;)

LisaD715
07-17-2005, 09:18 PM
LOVE the tank, and on such a beautiful model....even with the lack of sleep!!

I was supposed to post these a few days ago, but it gave me the chance to finish the yellow dishcloth too. They are so much fun and so easy to do! Sorry it is only a detailed pic, the rest did not want to work.

KellyK
07-17-2005, 11:50 PM
I finished Soleil tonight....Im worried that its gonna show too much of my nonexistant cleavage. Maybe Ill model it for ya tomorrow.

Aby
07-18-2005, 04:22 AM
DotMom :cheering: congrats on fixing that frog! It looks great.

Lisa, I've yet to try the decorative edge on the dishcloths. They look so cute I may have to.

Kelly :cheering: w00t! way to go. It's very pretty!

Stonington
07-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Kelly-- Love your Soleil! :cheering: very feminine...I am sure you will look beautiful in it... :sunny:

KellyK
07-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks, Stony & Aby, but no such luck...lit doesnt fit. Check my blog for my short rant. :verysad:

Jackie M.
07-18-2005, 09:21 AM
I can remember when I was small enough to wear one of those. sigh.................... Anyone have a pattern for a moo moo? :(

Silver
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Well, regardless, it's beautiful Kelly!! :cheering:

Here's my latest FO. Well, actually it's half an FO. I finished one celtic sock, and the miracle is that it fits, even though I didn't have a pattern! I'm waiting for more yarn to get here to do the second. *sigh* I hate waiting.

rebecca
07-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Silver... :heart: :heart: :heart: the socks...totally amazing!!
KK..Soliel is beautiful; I :heart: :heart: the color
Lisa...I :heart: the dishcloths; I really need to make some, are you using these for washing or drying or both; give me details, details, so I can make some please :D
OUTSTANDING work everybody :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Sara
07-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Oh, Silver, that's incredible! Love the sock!

Jackie M.
07-18-2005, 03:12 PM
No Pattern!!??? :shock:
And I can't get through a simple scarf....
Do you use one size needle for the socks?

Silver
07-18-2005, 03:28 PM
No Pattern!!??? :shock:
And I can't get through a simple scarf....
Do you use one size needle for the socks?
Socks are very mathmatical in construction, so it's not nearly as difficult as it sounds. Honestly. Don't give me any undue credit. ;)

They're knit totally on size 0 needles. I'm glad I chose size 0s. They fit perfectly. I think even size 1s would have made them way too loose.

KellyK
07-18-2005, 03:32 PM
That is one PICTURE PERFECT sock, Silver!

Thanks for the compliments on my tank...

kemp
07-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Silver, your sock is AWESOME!

Tessa
07-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Eeeeeps! What great talent we have here. Fantastic, everyone.

I am in love with that sock, Silver. Gorgeous.

I'm sorry your Soleil doesn't fit, Kelly. You did an awesome job on it.

I haven't been posting much because I've been busy knitting.

Since July 9th, I've finished a Shapely Tank (which I won't post because I'm not very happy with it, the neckline looks sloppy), a Danish lace cloth called Fanoedugen (http://www.nurhanne.com/patterns/fanoe.html), a training sock, and a Minisweater/Boobholder (http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id62.html).

I'm attaching pictures of Fanoedugen and the Minisweater, since the training sock and the Shapely aren't too interesting.

Fanoedugen was done on #7 DPNs with Lion 100% Cotton. I actually had to stop prematurely around row #50 because there were just too many stitches for my needles, but I think it looks pretty complete. The crocheted edge was forgiving enough for me to figure out on my own (I've never crocheted before).

I knitted the minisweater on a #8 circular needle with less than two skeins of Caron Simply Soft. Under $3 isn't bad, eh? I started it Friday afternoon and finished it Saturday evening.

I'm so glad that everyone is so willing to share their finished projects. I've found this thread really inspirational. Thanks!

KellyK
07-18-2005, 04:43 PM
BEAUTIFUL work, tessa!

Silver
07-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Those are very lovely, Tessa!! :thumbsup:

Knitcrazy
07-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Hi ya... No I don't know why it says that and I don't know How to change it either...
In 1969 I did not even know how to hold a knitting needle.. I taught myself to knit about 5 years ago... How the computer put that date on my photos I just don't know but so many people say that about the date.. and I don't know how to change it...
Nope.. I am a fairly new knitter myself.. But I love to experiment and make up thigs as I am knitting...

Oh Have FUN FUN FUN making those baby sweaters!!! :thumbsup:

knitcrazy: a WOW!!!! :inlove: from me aswell, they are awsome!! I think I've met my new rolemodel; I want to learn to knit sweaters like you do :notworthy:

There are 2 babies on the way among my boyfriends family/friends but it's still quite early in the pregnancies so I have a little while to practice before I actually have to produce something wearable :) But this gives me hope!

Thanks for showing all of them even if you did upload some of them way back in 1969 ;)

Mer
07-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Those socks are amazing, Silver! :shock:

And Tessa, the boobholder looks great! I started to make one for myself but it was in white acrylic and I ripped it out b/c it was reminding me of a snowman. :( BTW, I love your hair! Makes me want to chop some bangs...

Mer
07-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Oh yes, and here is my finished top from Vogue Knitting. I love it! Still needs to be blocked to fix the curling, but I couldn't wait to take a picture!

KellyK
07-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Mer, that is just TOO cute!

LisaD715
07-18-2005, 11:32 PM
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! Socks, sweaters, beautiful doilies, and I am so inspired!!!! I have no idea hat to get into next after I make a bunch more dishcloths. They are keeping me busy now, and are quick enough to finish in a few hours for me, so I can pack some, then knit some.

Rebecca....I think I am going to actually use the discloths, I think it would be a waste to knit them and not use them somehow. I think I might need to make some bigger ones if I want to dry with them. The pattern called for 44 stitches cast on, but I thought that was too small, so I went 50 and it seems to be better. These have been really good for teaching me to increase and decrease too.

kemp
07-19-2005, 03:25 AM
Mer the top is awesome! :cheering: Love the edging and I'm sure the little bit of curl will go away blocking. I definitely need to get the pattern!

Tessa
07-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Great job on the top, Mer!! The edging is fantastic. I love the colour also.

Silver
07-19-2005, 02:55 PM
That is a great top, Mer! Wonderful job. :)

twiggyann
07-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I apologize for those of you who have seen this before. It's my latest finished project and I'm posting pics of it everywhere. *laugh*

http://twiggyann.myblogsite.com/_photos/cableyoke1.jpg

LisaD715
07-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Lovely sweater!!

Silver
07-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Thats AWESOME Twiggy!!! :cheering: :cheering: I can't believe how advanced you've become since your first pair of socks. It's really amazing!

For those of you who don't know, Twiggy has been knitting for only 4 months! :shock:

Tessa
07-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Sweet cables, Twiggy!

You're a real prodigy.

KellyK
07-19-2005, 04:16 PM
WOW, Twig!!!! :cheering:

koolbreeze
07-19-2005, 04:54 PM

is that a "Head Start" hat?

Knitcrazy
07-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh ..I LOVE your top.. It is sooooooooo Cute!!

Which VK is it in..I know I saw it somewhere... What yarn did you use???
Is it a DK weight?

Really Nice :heart:

Knitcrazy
07-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Holy Cow twig..

I can't believe you are only knitting for 4 months.. Great sweater!!! :happydance:

Knitcrazy
07-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Gee Wiz...
You all are so talented..

Love the Boob holder.. Love those socks.. Love the tank top..
:thumbsup:

Knitcrazy
07-19-2005, 05:00 PM
OOPS.. Forgot to mention How Beautiful the Doiley is!!!! :inlove:

Knitcrazy
07-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Oh Thank so much.. And I do have to clarify that Yahoo put those old dates on my photos... I did not even have a computer in 1969 nor did I know how to knit!!
I have been knitting for about 5 years..Thats all.. :)

The wedding was in Malibu beach. Calif... It was my first plane ride in over 30 years.. Boy was I scared!!! LOL
I Made My Daughters wedding Dress :)

Knitcrazy, can I say WOW! :shock:

Your stuff is beautiful! Each thing I saw, I'd think "oh, that's my favorite", only to find I liked the next one even better! :D

I couldn't resist taking a peek at the wedding photos, as well. What a romantic setting for a wedding. The bride and groom are simply gorgeous, and look so very in love. :heart: What a beautiful family, you all are.

Aby
07-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I finally finished the Fraggle Rock hat... :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
My DD and her Fraggle hat!

http://intheclique.com/fragglehat.jpg
http://intheclique.com/fragglehat2.jpg

Silver
07-19-2005, 05:42 PM
That is sooooo cool, Aby! :inlove:

Mer
07-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks everyone! And Twiggy, that's very impressive for only having knit for 4 months! Oh, and great hat, Aby!

Oh ..I LOVE your top.. It is sooooooooo Cute!!

Which VK is it in..I know I saw it somewhere... What yarn did you use???
Is it a DK weight?

Really Nice :heart:

Thanks! It's the newest magazine--Spring/Summer 2005, I think. I used Jo Sharp Soho Summer Cotton, which is DK, I think. My gauge didn't quite work out, so I went up a size and it fits pretty well!

Knitcrazy
07-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Aby.. Your hat is soooooooooooooo Neat!!!! Love it!!!!

snephenie
07-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Wow twiggy....4 months...that is awesome! (It would prob take me 4+ months to FIGURE out the pattern, then another 4 months to finish it)

twiggyann
07-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Gosh, thanks everyone, and Silver you're making me blush. Cables are really easy, though, they just LOOK hard.

I love that fraggle rock hat. I've been considering the sweater from VK. It turned out really cute, I may have to move that up to the "must knit" list.

Nuno930
07-19-2005, 11:17 PM
WoooHooo I finally get to post here. Here is yet another booga bag. I dont like it and I am going to gift it to someone (is that bad?)

KellyK
07-19-2005, 11:34 PM
I like the stripe pattern! And, booga bags are always a welcome gift.

brendajos
07-19-2005, 11:41 PM
WoooHooo I finally get to post here. Here is yet another booga bag. I dont like it and I am going to gift it to someone (is that bad?)

umm...with those colors...you can gift it to MEEEEEEEEEEE :happydance:

DotMom61
07-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Nuno!! It's gorjeee-ous!! I love the colors! Don't be so hard on yourself.

wildforyarn
07-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Nuno, what don't you like about the booga bag? I think it is great! Love the colors and it looks great too!

Wow, so many great FOs. I finally have my felted Meemaw tote from SnB done. It is drying now. I will take pictures and post my first FO on this list. I have finished others, but kept forgetting to take pictures before I gave them away!

Nuno930
07-20-2005, 11:00 AM
I don't like the colors. When I got the yarn I thougt it was much more pink. It is more burgundy. Which reminds me of my high school colors. I would make another one with springy colors... but that would require me to make an i-cord again.

brendajos
07-20-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't like the colors. When I got the yarn I thougt it was much more pink. It is more burgundy. Which reminds me of my high school colors. I would make another one with springy colors... but that would require me to make an i-cord again.

are those WOTA yarns? which colors?

Nuno930
07-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Nope, not WOTA... I tis Lopi. I actually picked it up myself and still got the colors wrong :doh:

Silver
07-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Well, I don't like the colors either Nuno. They're FSU (Florida State University) colors, and we're UF (University of Florida) fans... orange and blue. ;)

Although I guess they could be considered Harry Potter colors.

But the knitting looks fabbooo!! :thumbsup:

joyt
07-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Debbie Bliss Special Knits, Ribbed Baby Jacket 6-9 months.

I knit this with one skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn color Light Plum.

Nuno930
07-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Ooooh very pretty!

InterNette
07-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Joy that is so pretty. I have seen this baby sweater in our LYS and it is the sweetest little sweater. I hope i can do one myself one day.

Stonington
07-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Joy, beautiful sweater :heart: .. love the color... thanks for sharing!

Silver
07-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Joyt, that's gorgeous!! I LOVE that pattern book.. the pictures are soooo sweet!! :heart:

rebecca
07-21-2005, 11:11 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Excellent work one & all!
Beautiful work, Tessa :D !!
Love the top, Mer; lovely color ;)
Love your sweater, Twiggyann, I'd post it everywhere, too :thumbsup:
Aby, :heart: the Fraggle Rock hat!
Nik, I LOVE your Booga bag; but I understand if you don't like the colors ;)
Joyt, your baby jacket is gorgeous :D
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: OUTSTANDING WORK :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

DotMom61
07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Oooo ... I love the yarn in that baby jacket. What did you use?? (The jacket, itself, is really great, too!!) Very nice work!

Tessa
07-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Oooo ... I love the yarn in that baby jacket. What did you use?? (The jacket, itself, is really great, too!!) Very nice work!

Seconded . . . I was just going to ask about the yarn. I love that baby jacket.

& Thanks for the compliments, everyone :)

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Oh I LOVE the Bag..
The Colors are Terrific... Really Nice..
Now you are all getting me VERY interested in felting and I thought I did not like it :)

Now I want to make one..
I saw the yarn I wanted yesterday in AC Moore but I did not know how much I needed... Darn it..
Well.. Just what I needed was an excuse to go Back to Ac Moore :)

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Julie, That top is soo cute and so is the model :)

Thanks all about the cat hat..
It is in one of those "little" Vogue On The Go books.. I got mine at Michaels with the 40% off coupon..
It has a pictur os slippers on the front..
Vogue Knitting Baby Knits Too

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh LOVE that sweater..
me too.. I wanna know what yarn you used..
I want to make it also.. I have that book and i have the one with the same sweater for Juniors.. ( for my Older grandaughter)
And I have the one for Adults.. So I can make ME one too..
My Problem is finding a yarn subsitute for them..

Nuno930
07-22-2005, 06:15 PM
I love these! I am going to make a few in different colors so I have one for every outfit!

brendajos
07-22-2005, 06:25 PM
i must confess that i am glad you posted the other picture too cuz i was very confused as to what i was looking at in the first one. thought you were knitting really small skull caps in every color! :shock: VERY cool idea for a kerchief though...i never would have thought of that (might be the very short hair that causes that though)

Umm...whose blue is that? i love that color

snephenie
07-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I love these! I am going to make a few in different colors so I have one for every outfit!

Nuno, that is great, I'm sure all my younger cousins would love those, as well as DD.

Can you post the pattern or link to where you bought/saw it.
Thanks.

PS...please do tell who makes that blue as well :)

DotMom61
07-22-2005, 07:44 PM
If you didn't want to wait for the pattern for the kerchief, you could probably just borrow the general concept from Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth (http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/grfavorite.html) and knit until the triangle was the right size, with our w/out the YOs, bind off and crochet a chain to attach as the tie.

Just an idea ... haven't tried it!

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Oh The scarf is beautiful What great looking yarn.. :cheering:

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Sooooooooooooo CUTE.. Your Bunny is adorable :heart:

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh Kelly..
What a Great loking bag..
Now I just have to do some "felting"

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Great!!! The mittens are so cute..
Hum.. My grandson would just love a pair!!!

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh The Blanket and The Baby are ADORABLE !!!! :heart:

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Terrific Looking Clogs..

have to make some of those one of these days!!! :XX:

Knitcrazy
07-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Great Hat.. Love the color too

Norman
07-23-2005, 09:32 AM
After months of cussing out this darned yarn.. it's finally done!!

Here it is.. modelled by the wearer..
(also on my blog)

MaggieL
07-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Nice scarf!

KellyK
07-23-2005, 09:38 AM
LOVE IT, Dave! GRRRR....VERY GRRRRRR!

Rennagayle
07-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Everyone's stuff is fantastic looking! :thumbsup:

Nuno, I would also like to know what pattern and yarn you used for the kerchief. My dd, who grew up with central air, is now living in Germany where, as she puts it, "they don't believe in freaking air-conditioning!". :mad: :mrgreen: I think she might like some of these to keep her long hair off her neck on wamer days.

rebecca
07-23-2005, 02:00 PM
love the kerchief, Nik!
very nice scarf, dave!
Most excellent work one and all ;)

joyt
07-23-2005, 08:22 PM
http://www.suanknits.com/lacescarf.html

My first lace project. Very simple to do. I was very intimidated by the thought of lace but kept seeing it in knitting blogs.

This pattern was very easy for a first time project and worked up quickly.

I can not remember the color but I made it with Red Heart Fiesta Yarn.

:D

MaggieL
07-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Pretty scarf joyt.

koolbreeze
07-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Nuno~ thar kercheif is too cute!

i want one and my DDs would look so cute in one! :heart:

Knitcrazy
07-24-2005, 04:31 PM
hey.. The scarf look great.. Love that pattern :)

The kerchef is a wonderful idea.. I just might need some of them myself :)

Nuno930
07-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Nice scarf Dave! ooh and I was just in your neck of the woods this weekend. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments on the kerchief! I used SnB for a general pattern... but I put some ribbing in it and didn't increase as much as they said. It got a little to wide for me (but I have a freakishy small head)

I used Galaxy and Royal Blue (http://www.camillavalleyfarm.com/knit/mcotton.htm)

Rennagayle
07-25-2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks, Nuno! I since browsed through my S'N'B book, and discovered that pattern in there. I guess I knew, but must've forgotten. Now to get some cotton. :happydance:

gimmesanity
07-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Joyt, that scarf is gorgeous! Ugh, yet another project to add to my list...

I'm currently working on the never-ending baby blanket. It's taking FOREVER, but I refuse to start anything else because I know that I won't finish it. *sigh*

I orderd the felted clogs pattern and some yarn, so I'm torn between clogs and this scarf for my next project. Oy, the decisions...

~Sharon

rebecca
07-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I love the feather & fan scarf; I love feather & fan pattern in everything, it's just classic

Rennagayle
07-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Gimmesanity, I just have to say, that baby in your avatar is ADORABLE!!! :mrgreen:

gimmesanity
07-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Gimmesanity, I just have to say, that baby in your avatar is ADORABLE!!! :mrgreen:

Aww, thanks! That's my little girl, Nia. She'll be a whopping 4 months old this week. *sniff* She's getting so big....

rebecca
07-26-2005, 11:53 AM
:crying: Omgosh, my baby became 20 years OLD this past May and it was yesterday that she looked like your beautiful baby; time goes by WAY tooooo fast!!

feministmama
07-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Love feather and fan. Knits up in a real good rythm. I'm trying to mke a baby blanket out of it with some TLC verigated. Pics to come!

Silver
07-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Nuno, I love the kerchief. Very cute!

Dave, great scarf... even if you didn't enjoy the yarn!

Joyt, that's beautiful. I love the wave pattern.

:thumbsup:

kome
07-28-2005, 12:21 AM
I have a confession to make.... :rollseyes: .... I have no patience! This is my first knitting project with practically no attention to detail on my part, and adding stitches after the ribbing was done. Haha. Oops! But it was mostly for practice to get the idea of how patterns work, so I'm not too displeased, because I know I could have done a lot better if I'd actually paid any attention to what I was doing. :D

Oh, and the bracelet thingy I made from the Guage I completely messed up. Woohoo for matching accesorries (sp?)!

KellyK
07-28-2005, 07:45 AM
HEYYY! That's not bad at ALL! Good job!!! :cheering:

meknitter
07-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Kome - great first project!

My first project was a sweater for my newborn daughter. I did not know about gauges... by the time I finished the sweater.... well, let's just say, it was wider than it was long - by A LOT!! Luckily in Maine we dress in layers, and it was still too wide! I also learned to check dye lots - yes, the front and back were shades off.... As only a proud knitter could be, I dressed her in the sweater anyway!!

Anyway, congratulations on your first project! Looks great to me!

rebecca
07-28-2005, 11:10 AM
:cheering: All around Nice Job, Kome!!

rebecca
07-28-2005, 11:13 AM
:happydance: :happydance: BOOGA BAG.....COMPLETION :cheering: :cheering: and ready for a day on the town ;)

Tessa
07-28-2005, 11:16 AM
That booga bag is awesome. I love the felted flower! Great job, Rebecca!

brendajos
07-28-2005, 11:18 AM
oh rebecca that looks great! Is there a free pattern for the flower or was it one you bought? i found a pattern at LYS yesterday but i wasn't ready to give up finding a free one yet...lol

rebecca
07-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Hey, thank you, thank you, thank you very much :notworthy: ..LOL!
I don't remember exactly which pattern that flower came from BUT you will find a great many patterns for different flowers here (http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26391). In the meantime I will look thru to see if I can remember exactly which one it is.
EDIT
Okay, I looked thru & the flower on this booga is the 1st one on the 2nd row here (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTpetals.html) and I got the leaves out of a book, I think.

rebecca
07-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Okay, I was just looking at this picture of the booga & this photo didn't pick up the leaves, but there are 3 nicely shaped with a good bit of detail that you can see in person or other photos. If u want the pattern let me know & I'll look it up ;)
And I found another cool flower...extremely EASY to make! At this tutorial (http://iwasknittogetherinmymotherswomb.typepad.com/i_was_knit_together_in_my/2005/03/a_felted_flower.html) so have some felting fun :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

brendajos
07-28-2005, 11:48 AM
thank ya ma'am!! mebbe i will add a flower to the bag i am doin'....now that i have the yarn to finish it anyway...lol

lou
07-28-2005, 12:30 PM
I have been looking through this forum and all the beautiful knitted items. I want to learn to do felted bags and the love the Booga bag. I just have to finish my 2 projects I have started. Here are a few of my finished items. First sweater and it was really fun to knit. Also a few of my latest scarves.

Rennagayle
07-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Lou, your sweater and scarves are beautiful (as are you), and I love your avatar! :lol:

rebecca
07-28-2005, 03:24 PM
I love, love your sweater....it looks gorgeous on (as do u ;) ); that is you 1st sweater?! great job.
:heart: :heart: your scarves, as well...I can't get enough of scarves and I live where we don't really get a chance to wear them bc it's so hot...BUT, like the girlscout that I was for a whole year...lol....I will be prepared with scarves in many colors :D

Julie
07-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Your first sweater...AND IT FITS!! Yay Lou!! :cheering:

Aby
07-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Rebecca... that booga bag is ADORABLE!!! :heart: :heart:

And gorgeous sweater.. amazing that it's your first one, lou :cheering: great job! :thumbsup:

lou
07-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all your kind words. I took a sweater class at a new little knit shop and my teacher was just wonderful. She really gave us tips that I would never have figured out by myself. Also I really enjoyed knitting with the other women. There were about 4 faithful knitters out of about 10 who signed up and we had fun. I had never taken a class and it was really worth it. I also took a class on how to knit a hat that has that swedish looking pattern? on it. It was just one class for about 3 hours and I loved it. But it was a lot to learn at once. I am working on another summer sweater that I am doing without help and so far so good. Carole

KellyK
07-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Rebeeca, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you dressed up that Booga! FANTASTIC! And, this, I think, is the first NON-sock FO Ive ever seen from you!

Lou....GREAT sweater! I am SO jealous that your first sweater fit so WELL! It looks GREAT on your happy, smiley self! What pattern did you use?

MaggieL
07-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Lou, That sweater turned out great. It's a perfect fit!!!! :happydance:

rebecca
07-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the kudos! LOL, that's funny, KK!! There have been MANY (very, very, very many) non-sock FOs; given away before I got my digital camera...lol ;)

LisaD715
07-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Rebecca......I love that bag!!!!! I can see you carrying in all over the place!!! (Getting lots of compliments by the way!!)

Lou, lovely sweater and scarves!!! I was looking at ribbon today but had to remind myself that I was only buying cotton......dishcloths need to be made and Michaels had it on sale....win/win.

brendajos
07-29-2005, 12:54 AM
aaaahhh Alyssa's hat is done. the curly q's took about as long as the darn hat did! Not a big fan of Knit fbf cuz it was veddy veddy tight! nearly threw it out on the first one in fact...lol. i think it is darn cute but i realized after i took the pic that the felting wasn't as tight as i thought.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/AlyssaFinished0728.jpg

now i can work on some baby shtuff!!

LisaD715
07-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Beautimous hat!!!!

KellyK
07-29-2005, 07:20 AM
That is VEDDY VEDDY cute, Bren!

Kfbf does take abit of getting used to. I think that's when I learned to knit looser!

kemp
07-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Kome, I really like the hat! I don't think it's "off" at all.

Lou, Everything is soooooo pretty!

Bren...Now I have to try some of those curly things...they are so cute!

Rebecca, Love the purse. The added embellishments are so fun!

You guys rock! :thumbsup:

rebecca
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
bren...love the hat :heart: :heart: :heart:
I am with you on the kf&b which is what I did for the vines for my bag; since I was going to felt...I did c/o 40; row1 kf&b; row 2 kf&b b/o and my fingers are STILL SORE...are yours, too? I wanted to make these cool scarves that have a LOT of these as the fringe; I think I changed my mind bc it hurts!

Aby
07-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Awww Brenda, that turned out really nice. What pattern did you end up using for the curly Q's at the top? :heart:

brendajos
07-29-2005, 12:09 PM
well the basis of it was

Cast on 40
knit one row
knit fbf each stitch one row (120 stitches on needle)
bind off

and there it is. however none of them actually had 40 stitches cast on because i didn't make the tail long enough on them... :blush: i was very skeptical that it was going to work as i was going along but as i was binding it started curling. honestly it took me about an hour each because of the Kfbf. :rollseyes: probably wouldn't have taken as long on bigger needles? not sure. but even though it was a PITA i am glad i didn't throw it out!! I just am not sure i am gonna do one of those cork screw scarves any time soon now...lol

Aby
07-29-2005, 12:13 PM
:roflhard:

Silver
07-29-2005, 12:53 PM
That is an adorable hat! I'm so glad the curly Qs turned out. They look fabulous! :cheering:

DotMom61
07-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Brenda: The hat is adorable!! The Curly Q things sound like the Potato Chip scarves that Knit Picks has. I thought I would make one, but now that you've mentioned what a PITA they are, I'm not so sure! :-) We'll see.

Well, I finished my first felted bag and finally got a moment to upload the picture. (The pre-felting pics are here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=420). Here's the final product:

http://photos21.flickr.com/29505376_4aab4dcb8b.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it, but I think I would like it better if it was lined. We'll see if I can manage that. :-)

brendajos
07-29-2005, 03:59 PM
well let me say i also used Debbie Bliss cotton for the curlies so there was very little give to the yarn. i think something a little stretchier would be easier.

Your bag turned out GREAT!!

dallaswinn
07-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Dotmom, I :heart: the bag!!!!! Is this a free pattern by any chance?

rebecca
07-29-2005, 04:21 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Julie....I :heart: :heart: your bag!! What is the pattern? I really love those colors together. The shaping, everything...LOVE IT!! :happydance: :happydance:

FYI, the curly things...put the potato chip scarf to shame...lol; BUT, worked very well & held up to felting without even a droop in a curl! As I told Bren, I did several (experimenting to find the tightest curl) and I don't remember if this is the one with 40 or 50 c/o sts; but I then k f&b row 1 and row 2 with no rows of knitting or purling between; the 2 rows of kf&b followed by b/o make an excellent curly fringe; I did mine Tues nite and my pinky finger is STILL numb!! I really, really want a scarf with corkscrew fringe, but I think my pinky would be forever numb (and I don't even know exactly what I did to make it numb :doh: )

feministmama
07-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Here's some pics of a sweater I made for my son, and a blanket I started for his new cousin who will be born next month. I just love knitting the fan & feather pattern! I'm going to knit 6 inch swaths of it in different pastels (TLC. on sale. nice soft acrylic for babies to admire and throw up on) and then sew them together. My cat vivan inspected my progress so far and she approves. Then I want to make a pocket and stuff one of the baby Gnomes in it. I saw someone else do that on these boards but I forgot who. so sorry whoever you are. I hope you don't mind.

feministmama
07-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Oops forgot the sweater.

feministmama
07-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Sorry the pics look so small. I just haven't gotten used to this whole sizing thing. Let's try this (it may be too big tho)

The Mod Squard was here! :waving:

DotMom61
07-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Feministmama ... Great projects! That sweater is so cute, and I just love those gnomes!

Dallaswin & Rebecca: Yes, the pattern for the bag is free, and *very* easy. See it here: http://www.helloyarn.com/lopitote.htm.

The yarn is Lamb's Pride Sapphire & Lemon Drop. I'm thinking about matching the Sapphire for the lining if I ever get to it. Thanks for the compliments!

KellyK
07-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Dot, is your tote gonna be as FUZZY as the one in the pattern pic? I LOVE those handles!

FEMMY....that gnomey blanket is gonna be SO cute and SO loved because babies LOVE pockets! FUNNN!

DotMom61
07-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Nope ... they used Reynold's Lopi for their tote, and it's apparently much fuzzier than the Lamb's Pride. I like the fuzzy tote, though. I might have to get some Lopi yarn and give it a try.

rebecca
07-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Fem...your projects are wonderful :cheering: :cheering: excellent jobs!! The gnome blanket is such a cute idea...your gnomes are just adorable! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Most Excellent Projects :thumbsup:

rebecca
07-30-2005, 09:51 AM
I have found, in my personal experience, that if my felted projects weren't 'fuzzy' or as 'felted' as I wanted it to be that I continued washing and agitating it until it was....lol! Agitating it, doesn't sound very nice! Although, I also found out that not all yarn will get really fuzzzzzy, either. I had to do the Booga that I just finished twice before I liked the 'feltage' of it....and I'm not fond of sticking my hand in that hot water...lol!!
Thanks for the pattern link; I may have to add it to my long list of purses for the future bc I REALLY like that shape :D

KellyK
07-30-2005, 10:06 AM
I have I continued washing and agitating it until it was....lol! Agitating it, doesn't sound very nice!

"Are you DONE yet? Are you DONE yet? Are you DONE yet? How about NOW? How about NOW? How about NOW? Now? Now? Now?" :P

rebecca
07-30-2005, 10:34 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: KK...u so funny :roflhard: :roflhard:

kemp
07-30-2005, 10:36 AM
so ARE you???? :lol:

joyt
07-30-2005, 12:01 PM
My 7 year old has been watching me knit now for a year and asked to be taught. After loosing interest a few times the scarf she was making for Dad knitted only enough to make a coaster.

Her next scarf project grew too wide and she was loosing inspiration again, I suggested something different. We seamed the sides of the strangely shaped scarf into a bag. I taught her Icord for the strap and Volia. She did a fine job!

DotMom61
07-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Joy ... that's so cute!! I'm sure she's very proud of her bag. I hope it gives her the inspiration she needs to try something else. :cheering:

BTW ... What (who?) is that in your avatar?

Rennagayle
07-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Joy, your dd's bag is so cute, and I imagine she'll be very proud to her own "original" bag. :thumbsup:

From what I can see of her face, she looks like a real cutie pie. :D

KellyK
07-30-2005, 08:21 PM
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: GREAT JOB, JOY'S 7-YR OLD!!! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Jackie M.
07-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Okay, now I feel defeated. A 7 year can knit better than me :rollseyes:

At least now I know what to do with all those practice pieces.

I will learn, I will learn, I will conquer.

:frog:

blueslady
07-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone
I was told that this is the site to post new finished projects. I just crochet this little cell phone purse for my little granddaughter she is 11.
I also knitted a hat with lions brand yarn and fun fur both things. Also knitted and felted a pair of clogs, they are still drying. But I have a picture to share of the 3 things. Hope I can upload all three here. Rebecca :)

KellyK
07-30-2005, 11:15 PM
FANNNNTASTIC! :cheering:

DotMom61
07-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Jackie --

Keep plugging away! It only gets better with practice! (If it doesn't, I'm in BIG trouble!)

Rebecca --

You do lovely work! I'm sure the recipients of your FO's will love them!

joyt
07-30-2005, 11:43 PM
WOW the cell bag is fun. The hat if fabulous and the clogs are purrrrfect! I am very impressed!

regards :heart: :notworthy:

blueslady
07-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks ladies, I appreciate your response. It was fun knitting them. The hat comes with a scarf pattern that is free online.

rebecca
07-31-2005, 02:30 AM
Joy... :cheering: :cheering: your daughter did a most excellent job!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: very, very good :thumbsup:
blueslady rebecca :waving: to you, as far as I know, u are our 3rd rebecca... :cheering: :cheering:
And, your work is LOVELY!! There are going to be some very lucky recipients of nice gifts! ;)

blueslady
07-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks Rebecca :heart:

rebecca
07-31-2005, 12:57 PM
;)

joyt
07-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Maybe there should be a post with the photos of first projects. Like my very first knitting project last year and mind you I started at age 41.

My tea cozy had two side which did not match up and when I seamed the sides I forgot to leave a hole for the spout. I had to open the seam and start over again. I still have it and use it. I look at it and it makes me giggle.

KellyK
07-31-2005, 01:35 PM
That poor Rooster!!! :roflhard:

rebecca
07-31-2005, 01:37 PM
OMGoodness, I think that I have my 1st project saved; I'll have to look around...it's a rather shapely scarf, what with my picking up and dropping sts throughout!! Joy, you started last year at 41, I started last year @ 45... ;)

gimmesanity
07-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Yay, the baby blanket is FINALLY done!!! :happydance:
This blanket took FOREVER, and I don't really know why. Someone posted a pattern where all you do is knit 10 rows with a thin needle, then 10 with a thicker needle, so you get these stripe-y looking rows. I think I just got bored of doing all K rows. Dunno.

Anywho, it's perfect timing cuz my friend's baby boy was born Thursday, 5 weeks early!!! :shock: Man, talk about incentive to hurry up and finish a project. I'll be giving this to her tomorrow.

The blanket is Red Heart's Baby Teri. It was a little funky knitting up cuz it kept wanting to separate, but it knits up super soft and fluffy. I'm not a fan of Red Heart, but this stuff is actually really soft for a baby blanket, and it's washable.

~Sharon

MaggieL
07-31-2005, 09:55 PM
It's lovely. :thumbsup: I just found out about an hour ago that my niece is going to have a baby.

rebecca
07-31-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh...the reason it took so long was so that the timing would be perfect!!
It's yummy looking for baby...nice job :D

blueslady
07-31-2005, 10:45 PM
Baby blanket is beautiful. :cheering:

joyt
07-31-2005, 11:04 PM
So nice and soft looking.

good job,

DotMom61
07-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Well, that's one angry looking rooster! :roflhard:

And, if we're having true confessions, I started knitting earlier this year (and before my b-day) at the age of 43!

Oh, and the baby blankie is so pretty! That yarn looks really soft. I'll have to go feel some the next time I'm in Joann's. :-)

KellyK
08-01-2005, 12:04 AM
I WANT A BLANKIE LIKE THAT! VERY fluffy looking! Nice!

Ellen Edwards
08-01-2005, 09:51 AM
OOOH!! Yummy bankie there!! :happydance: I know there are a lot of Red Heart yarns that I don't care for, but the Baby Teri is the softest yarn I've ever worked with so far. I made several washcloths with it, and they're so soft :heart: , however after I washed them I put them in the dryer and they shrunk quite a bit. Are you going to wash and dry it before you give it to the baby?? I'm not sure it'll be the same size as when you made it!! Just wondering....the mom might like to know whether she can put it in the dryer or not :XX: .

joyt
08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30597#30597

200gr of Orange recycled sari silk and 200gr of Red banana silk.

I made a shoulder bag. I hoped it would have come out a bit better, but overall, I am pleased

suziehomemaker
08-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Here's my first square completed for the Great American Aran Afghan. It was challenging for me and it was listed as one of the easier squares!

KellyK
08-02-2005, 08:36 PM
YAYYYYY!!!!! Looks GREAT, Suz!!! NICE BOBBLES! :eyebrow:

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 08:37 PM
That looks fantastic! I just got the pattern for this, but I think I need to finish a thing or two first. Plus there are other patterns I got. Decisions, decisions.

I like the the way the color knitted up, too.

suziehomemaker
08-02-2005, 08:43 PM
I thought those bobbles would be challenging but they were actually easy. The challenge is to push them through to the right side before moving on to the next stitch. I had to learn that one the hard way after trying it several times.

joyt
08-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Remarkable. Nice work!!!!

Silver
08-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Very nice! That was my first square too! :) And I love how the color is working out. Keep it up! :cheering:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 10:39 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: excellent work :cheering: :cheering: WTG :thumbsup:

MaryS
08-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi Suzie,

That square looks FANTASTIC :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

and I'm something of an Aran knitting connoiseur.

Keep it up!! :thumbsup: :happydance:

Mary

suziehomemaker
08-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Thank you! I love cables and my DH loves anything that looks Celtic so this afghan will fit right in at our house.

kome
08-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Second project= COMPLETE!!!

And I got the ribbing right this time!!! ^____^ I'm sorry I'm yelling, but I'm just so excited!!!!!

Rennagayle
08-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Kome, I LOVE those! I'd be yelling from excitement, too. :mrgreen:

Was that, by any chance, from a free pattern off the net? :?

Stonington
08-03-2005, 11:05 AM
:heart: I love those! You did a fantastic job :cheering:

Ingrid
08-03-2005, 11:10 AM
They came out great! Congratulations!

kemp
08-03-2005, 11:14 AM
They are so cute! Did you figure out the sizing issue...are they basically one size fits most?

kome
08-03-2005, 11:17 AM
They are so cute! Did you figure out the sizing issue...are they basically one size fits most?

They are one size fit most, yes, and my feet are a size 8-9. I wouldn't really recommend changing anything unless your feet are a size 13 or something. :P

And yes Rennagayle, it was a free pattern. Here's the link. :) http://www.geocities.com/knitwits_heaven/pocketbookslippers.html

kemp
08-03-2005, 11:21 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: No, my feet are the same size as yours. Glad to know they'll fit! Wonder if there are any sz 13 even around on here (besides the men)

kome
08-03-2005, 11:24 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: No, my feet are the same size as yours. Glad to know they'll fit! Wonder if there are any sz 13 even around on here (besides the men)

Hehehe. Probably not. The slippers look really small at first, but they stretch when you put them on, and as you wear them they start to stay at the length of your feet (or near it anyways). I love them so much! :heart:

Rennagayle
08-03-2005, 11:26 AM
And yes Rennagayle, it was a free pattern. Here's the link. http://www.geocities.com/knitwits_heaven/pocketbookslippers.html

Thanks, Kome! :thumbsup:

Rennagayle
08-03-2005, 11:30 AM
I made the "ridiculously easy Mary Jane" (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ae155b3b6146b982dfa8b2b8c94cd8 20;topic=12662.msg99925#msg99925) slippers, but wasn't pleased with the end result at all. They look really cute, but they ride too low on my heels. They were one of my first completed projects, intended to be a gift. I opted to keep them in the van's glovebox instead. I slip them on when we're traveling.

kemp
08-03-2005, 11:35 AM
what a great use for something like that!

kome
08-03-2005, 11:36 AM
I made the "ridiculously easy Mary Jane" (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ae155b3b6146b982dfa8b2b8c94cd8 20;topic=12662.msg99925#msg99925) slippers, but wasn't pleased with the end result at all. They look really cute, but they ride too low on my heels. They were one of my first completed projects, intended to be a gift. I opted to keep them in the van's glovebox instead. I slip them on when we're traveling.

They do look really cute, but I like the ribbed stitch on the bottom of these. It makes them extra squishy.

Rennagayle
08-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes, I like taking my shoes off when we travel, but enjoy the feeling of something soft and cushy on my feet. :)

Rennagayle
08-03-2005, 11:40 AM
They do look really cute, but I like the ribbed stitch on the bottom of these. It makes them extra squishy.

Yes, and I'm thinking your pattern looks higher in the back, too, where they wouldn't slip off my heels so easily.

kome
08-03-2005, 12:05 PM

Yes, and I'm thinking your pattern looks higher in the back, too, where they wouldn't slip off my heels so easily.

Oh! They don't slip off AT ALL! Just make sure to stitch them up nice and tight. I guess I learned that from sewing.

KellyK
08-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Those are just SO cool! I may make some to keep at work! What yarn did you use?

kome
08-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Those are just SO cool! I may make some to keep at work! What yarn did you use?

4 ply worsted weight yarn like it said. I bought a softer blue yarn to make a softer pair though.

dustinac
08-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Ingrid and Rebecca ya asked so here is my first handbag (using dpns and circ. and fabric) that is my mom's.. I knitted it but she is gonna sew in the linning.. I got it done but decided to finish my daughters afghan then take photos all at once well... I'm not happy with my daughters afghan its like the Grandmother's dishcloth but that one corner my bo off corner boooooo and its not really square unless a stretch the yarn out lol.. anyways still gonna place it in her memory box since its my first afghan... so here are my 4 first projects a purse for Roo and a dishcloth.. now how do I do this :thinking:

dustinac
08-03-2005, 04:42 PM
:cheering: it worked now wonder why I couldn't get my pet photos to post :??

kemp
08-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Cute stuff dustin!

Ingrid
08-03-2005, 04:48 PM
They look great! I love the little butterflies and flowers. Did you make them separately and sew them on?

joyt
08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
The Roo Afgan is Brilliant!

Terrific photos.

KellyK
08-03-2005, 09:35 PM
GREAT job!!! PRECIOUS! And, that purse has CLEAVAGE! :shock: :roflhard:

Ingrid
08-03-2005, 09:52 PM
GREAT job!!! PRECIOUS! And, that purse has CLEAVAGE! :shock: :roflhard:

Jealous Kelly? :P

Have some more PIE why don't ya! I don't get mad, I get even. :rofling:

InterNette
08-03-2005, 09:54 PM
wow someone is smoking. That is great, you been busy with all those projects.

KellyK
08-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Jealous Kelly? :P

Yeah....a little bit. :verysad:

Silver
08-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Fabulous stuff!!! :cheering:

rebecca
08-03-2005, 11:54 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Great work everyone :happydance: :happydance: LOVING it...as always :D

dustinac
08-04-2005, 08:41 AM
:blush: Thank you everyone!!

KellyK hadn't noticed that till I read what you said :rofling: I'm jealous tooo wish I could carry a shirt like that without looking 12 :shock:

Ingrid I did the flowers and butterflies separate and then sewed them on the flowers I got from knitty and the leaves and butterfly out of the snb book :lol:

Thanks again everyone I asked my son (Isaiah) what he wanted since I made Roo (Ruth) an afghan.. I figured I'd get a scarf or afghan instead I got I want a shirt mommy!! I said a sweater yeah I want a sweater!! :rollseyes: now this could fun!!

feministmama
08-04-2005, 11:33 AM

I wear a size 11 women and 9 mens. I'm 6 feet one and a half inches tall. I guess I'd look pretty silly wit smaller feet anyway

koolbreeze
08-04-2005, 12:02 PM
WOW!

Mer
08-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's that unusual anymore for women to have size 10 or 11 feet. I wear a 10! Well, would probably wear a 10.5 if they made that size. And I think I'm pretty proportional for my height and all. :D Though I don't know anyone who wears a 13 in women's.

Rennagayle
08-04-2005, 12:46 PM
I only wear a 7 1/2, but then I only barely top 5 feet. I'd look pretty silly if I were as tall as you ladies, with my short feet. :mrgreen:

kome
08-04-2005, 09:21 PM
I made two of these. One for me and one for my friend today. I didn't use a pattern. Was too lazy to find a simple one so I just wung it!

rebecca
08-04-2005, 09:23 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Very cute...Why should you use a pattern, Kome...doesn't look like you needed one to me ;)
Very nice job, indeed :happydance: :happydance:
:heart: :heart: the colors!!

Ingrid
08-04-2005, 09:33 PM
By golly you're a podigy! (but I don't think 'wung' is a word :thinking: )

Great job. It looks really cute in that yarn. :D

gimmesanity
08-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Cute stuff! I LOVE the slippers, Kome! Fah-bulous purse, dustin!

Oy, I need to hurry up and finish my latest project -- FELTED CLOGS!!! :XX: :XX: Hopefully, they'll be done by this weekend...

KellyK
08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I don't think 'wung' is a word :thinking:

It is NOW! Im all about creative vocabulary! :thumbsup:

You take funny pictures, Kome. :mrgreen:

That phone cozy is cute!

brendajos
08-04-2005, 11:07 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: can we discuss "podigy" then? silly

i LOVE that cozy...it is great!!

Ingrid
08-04-2005, 11:16 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: can we discuss "podigy" then? silly

i LOVE that cozy...it is great!!

:oops: Good catch! What I mean, um, er, is that, uh, her i POD looks really good in the case she was able to wung without a pattern. Yeah, that's the ticket! :thumbsup:

feministmama
08-05-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't think 'wung' is a word :thinking:

It is NOW! Im all about creative vocabulary! :thumbsup:

You take funny pictures, Kome. :mrgreen:

That phone cozy is cute!

Yes very cute you wung it very well.

kome
08-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Hahahaha. Thank you everyone. I am the QUEEN of funny pictures and crazy things. :happydance:

Nuno930
08-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Nice work! I wish I could wung it so nicely! And as my ex used to say “Just because my word isn’t in YOUR vocabulary… doesn’t mean it isn’t a word someplace!” But he was also a big fan of “it’s five o’clock somewhere” so I don’t know if I should use that as credibility or not :??

snephenie
08-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Made my dishcloth for the discloth swap on a yahoo group. Here it is. I used the "my so called scarf" stitch pattern.

Ingrid
08-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Ooooooooooooohhh! :D

KellyK
08-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Those colors worked VERY nicely for that pattern!

joyt
08-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Nice job, it also looks sturdy but soft. :cheering:

knitqueen
08-06-2005, 09:38 PM
My first two actual PAIRS of socks!!

joyt
08-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Please tell me if it is really hard to do socks?

I am so intimidated by them.

Congradulations on completing!!! :thumbsup:

knitqueen
08-06-2005, 10:56 PM

Hmmmmm....it took me a while to catch onto using dpns. That was the hardest part. Following a basic sock pattern is easy as long as you know things like knit, knit 2 together, slip slip knit, picking up stitches. Really, that's about all there is to it. If you're already familiar with knitting small diameter in the round, you should give socks a try!! I love knitting socks :heart: . Lately, I've been using magic loop rather than dpns. There is a video of magic loop on this site.

kimmie
08-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Love the gray wool socks! What pattern did you use?
kimmie

knitqueen
08-07-2005, 12:46 AM
The pattern I used for the gray wool socks is found here (http://www.canadianliving.com/CanadianLiving/client/en/Crafts/Detailnews2.asp?idNews=1714&idSM=307). It was a very basic sock pattern, with mostly plain stockinette. I used Paton's Classic Wool for the gray parts, and leftover bits of Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks (www.knitpicks.com) for the heels and toes. I like the socks a lot but don't like the fact that they will not be machine washable. Next time I will use a superwash wool instead.

DotMom61
08-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Sneph -- The dishcloth is pretty! That's one of my favorite colors of Sugar 'n Cream. I did a center cloth (http://photos16.flickr.com/22839159_8da70c46b9_o.jpg) for my kitchen table in the same color. I'm sure whoever gets it in the trade will love it!

Knitqueen -- Fantastic job on the socks!! I've yet to give socks a try, but all of you who are trying them are inspiring me. I want to try the two socks on two circular method. (http://www.socknitters.com/2circs/index.htm) I have a feeling once I got one sock done, I wouldn't want to do the other. :oops:

VickiIL
08-07-2005, 10:06 AM

NO they are not hard at all. I have done a few pairs. I really love doing socks. The hardest part is getting use to double points (I have recently started using two circs...I really like that method) But they really aren't hard once you get a few rows done so the sock is supporting them a little and they aren't flopping around so much. They ONLY other somewhat tricky part would be picking up the stitches after knitting the heel. Amy has a great video on turning the heel and picking up stitches for the gusset. When I got to that part on my first two socks I sat in from of the computer with my knitting in hand and she got me through it. Now it is easy!

I also LOVE knitting socks. 1. Because I have small feet and can never find socks that actually fit. 2. Because they are small and portable. I usually have a pair of socks going in addition to a larger project. That way I can take breaks from the bigger project.

VickiIL
08-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I like the socks a lot but don't like the fact that they will not be machine washable. Next time I will use a superwash wool instead.

Any sock I knit must be washable! I refuse to hand wash socks!

MaggieL
08-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Nice socks knitqueen.

javede
08-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Wow, all you beautiful projects!
Sorry, I don't post so often here anymore, but I can hardly keep up with all the forums and mail-lists I'm on, plus I have to write a test this friday...
Anyway, here are my latest FOs:
A crocheted bag for my mum, which she will get for her birthday. I changed color every row and eventhough the endresult looks good I'm not going to do this again soon. Weaving in all the ends took most of the work!
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/297/4062/320/neu%200321.jpg

And a OSW(one-skein-wonder)! I got the yarn and pattern from my Blogger SP.
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/297/4062/320/neu%200351.jpg

Not knitted, but an FO non-the-less, a black linnen skirt! I wanted to sew one since spring, but didn't had the money for the quite costly linnen(Yay for sales!)
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/297/4062/320/neu%200441.jpg
[excuse the crinkles, didn't had time to iron it]

Sara
08-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey, Javede! I made that same crochet bag in shades of rose and tan. It's a nice pattern. Are you putting in a lining?

javede
08-09-2005, 12:56 AM
I would like to, but I'm totally bad at handsewing :oops:
I'll get some matching fabric and gift it too to my mum, then she can decide(and sew!)if she wants a lining.

MaryS
08-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi everyone,

All the FO are beautiful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sneph & Julie, what color Sugar N Cream did you use? I have some that I think is that color and I'm thinking about placemats. Julie what pattern did you use? I :heart: your center cloth.

Happy :XX: :XX: :XX:

Mary

benniesma
08-09-2005, 09:53 AM
The finished carrot rattle! From here (http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternBabyRattles.asp)

DotMom61
08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Sneph & Julie, what color Sugar N Cream did you use? I have some that I think is that color and I'm thinking about placemats. Julie what pattern did you use? I :heart: your center cloth.

Hi Mary, and thank you! Here's (http://www.knitlist.com/99gift/towel-and-cloth.htm) the pattern I used. I didn't make mine as large as their's, and, quite frankly, I didn't think mine turned out looking the same as the one in the picture. I still liked it, though. :-) Oh, and I think that color of Sugar 'n Cream is Buttercream. Glad you liked the cloth!

Stonington
08-09-2005, 10:01 AM
:cheering: I love it! What are you using for the "rattle"?

DotMom61
08-09-2005, 10:10 AM
The finished carrot rattle! From here (http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternBabyRattles.asp)

Oh! I saw these the other day! Very cute!!! And, yes, I'm curious about the rattling part, too. :-)

KellyK
08-09-2005, 10:22 AM
That is just TOO cute!

kemp
08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
love the way that turned out benniesma. I was just looking at those yesterday and thinking I should make them for the twins.

kemp
08-10-2005, 09:11 AM
javede...the purse would look so cute as a summer top to go with your black skirt! Maybe you'll have to try it again after all :)

Kome...what yarn did you use for the phone cozy? Very cute.