PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

rebecca
08-10-2005, 11:07 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Amazing work, as usual!!!
Steph.... :heart: the cloth! Have the pattern for a scarf, I may just do a cloth as well, borrow your idea ;)
KQ...WTG on the socks! Most excellent job!! Don't u just :heart: :heart: knitting socks?!
Javede...wonderful, wonderful job on EVERYTHING!! :thumbsup:
Ben...gotta say, loving the carrot ;)

gimmesanity
08-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Everyone's posting such gorgeous stuff!! Loving it!c :heart: :heart:

DotMom61
08-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Well, I finally took the time to make a Booga Bag. I used Noro Kureyon #153. I made one modification to the original pattern, and that was adding an applied i-cord on the top edge. I wanted to put a double thick bottom in, but I ran out of yarn. Maybe next time!

Pre-felting:

http://photos22.flickr.com/33072652_b681595e87.jpg

Final Product:

http://photos21.flickr.com/33072654_c93786fb23.jpg

http://photos21.flickr.com/33072655_e48d68d100.jpg

I had some trouble getting it felted. It seemed to take an awfully long time, and the rust color didn't seem to felt as well as the other colors. Overall, though, I'm pretty happy with it. I think the next one I make, though, will be made of a bulkier yarn like Lamb's Pride.

misstialouise
08-11-2005, 01:47 AM
And a OSW(one-skein-wonder)! I got the yarn and pattern from my Blogger SP.

LOVE the shrug!!

Where'd you get the pattern from??

KellyK
08-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Noro sure does know how to put colors together, dont they???

Julie....it looks GREAT!

Mer
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Julie, those are beautiful colors! Great bag. And everyone's FO's are lookin' great!

misstialouise, you can buy the shrug pattern here (http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id97.html).

kemp
08-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Huh...didn't the OSW use to be free? Or am I imagining that?

Mer
08-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Huh...didn't the OSW use to be free? Or am I imagining that?

Nope, I don't think so. I paid for mine!

Silver
08-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Everything's so beautiful!! :cheering:
Lovely dishcloth, snephanie!
Knitqueen, great sockiedoos!
Javede, what can I say. It's all gorgous, and WOW on that skirt!
Benniesma, I LOVE the carrot. I still have visions of a basket full of knitted veggies on my counter.
And Julie, that booga bag is gorgeous. I reeeeally like those colors. :heart:

brendajos
08-11-2005, 03:22 PM
well that booga is making me rethink the disdain i have for the noro in my house. those colors are GREAT!

i learned how to pick up stitches this week so when i finish this bag i am working on mebbe i will FINALLY work on the booga next!

if i can figger out why my icords don't quite seem right anyway! :thinking:

DotMom61
08-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Brenda --

I really like the Noro Kureyon except for the uneven thicknesses. I got over it though, and it is so fun to knit with the colors!! (I have this thing for variegated yarn.) What color do you have?? I really do like their color combinations. I wish it were possible to find #95 somewhere!

Nuno930
08-11-2005, 05:58 PM
#95? (http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Noro_Yarn-Kureyon_Yarn-568.html)

MaggieL
08-11-2005, 10:24 PM
DotMom,

I just love that bag. The colors are beautiful! I wish I had more of an eye for color.

InterNette
08-12-2005, 05:09 AM
Your booga bag is wonderful.

javede
08-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Funny enough, someone on craftster also suggested that I should make a top like the crocheted bag! Really have to think about that. Problem would be that it's a bit too sturdy when crocheted and I'm a bit more on the curvy, feminine side :D

I love the color of the Booga Bag! If just Noro wouldn't be so expensive!

Here's my new FO. Yes, I'm fairly productive these days :lol:
It's my I-have-to-test-the-pattern-before-buying-expensive-KSH shawl. It's the Kiri pattern and it's going to be my second gift for my mum. It has the right size for the biggest doll she has.

Carol_OH
08-12-2005, 09:36 AM
LOVE it!!!!

KellyK
08-12-2005, 10:23 AM
THAT is SOOOO pretty!!! Is that 2 triangles crocheted together?

javede
08-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks.
No, it's all knitted. The pattern makes the double triangular effect.
http://www.alltangledup.com/movabletype/my_images/my_patterns/kiri.pdf

Oh, just found out while looking at the pic, that I blocked it a bit wrong...will remember that next time.

Ingrid
08-12-2005, 11:11 AM
That's beautiful!

rebecca
08-12-2005, 11:38 AM
:cheering: :cheering: LOve, love your booga bag, Julie!!
Javede....stunning shawl... :heart: it!!

snephenie
08-12-2005, 12:25 PM
That sahll is beautiful! Bookmarked it for a later project.

DotMom61
08-12-2005, 06:38 PM
#95? (http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Noro_Yarn-Kureyon_Yarn-568.html)

:shock:

I hadn't checked for a while!! Everyone is usually out of it. Thanks!

DotMom61
08-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks to everyone for the Booga compliments! At first, I wasn't sure about the colors, but after I started going on it, I became rather fond of them. They look like a nice combo for Winter, don't they?

DotMom61
08-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Funny enough, someone on craftster also suggested that I should make a top like the crocheted bag! Really have to think about that. Problem would be that it's a bit too sturdy when crocheted and I'm a bit more on the curvy, feminine side :D

I love the color of the Booga Bag! If just Noro wouldn't be so expensive!

Here's my new FO. Yes, I'm fairly productive these days :lol:
It's my I-have-to-test-the-pattern-before-buying-expensive-KSH shawl. It's the Kiri pattern and it's going to be my second gift for my mum. It has the right size for the biggest doll she has.

Javede --

That shawl is gorgeous!! And I'm not even a shawl person!! I think I like your yarn (and how it is blocked) better than the one in the pattern picture. What yarn did you use?

Oh, and a while back Kemp posted http://www.woolneedlework.com/Yarn/Kureyon_by_Noro_yarn.shtml as a good place to buy Noro Kureyon inexpensively. Their price is only about $6.59/skein. You need 3 skeins for a Booga. But, I must say that the next time I make one, I think I'm going to use a bulkier yarn or double up the strands of some worsted weight yarn. I like the bag, but I would like it even more if it had a little less give.

koolbreeze
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
this isn't recent but.... I GOT A DIGITAL CAMERA!!!! :happydance:

so i thought i would show ya'll the only project that i have finished!!!! i finished this back in April.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0812Image0001.jpg

Ingrid
08-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Yay! More pictures! I just got mine too, and keep looking around for things to take pictures of. Tried to get the hummingbirds to smile, but they wouldn't cooperate.

I like the colors on your bag. Is that felted, or fuzzy? 'Cause if it is felted, it must have been the size of a body bag!

KellyK
08-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Like those colors, Kool!!

feministmama
08-12-2005, 08:10 PM
javede that shawl is so lovely!! And Dotmom those colors are fantastic!!! OH I just love knitting!!!!!!!! :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :cheering: :cheering:

koolbreeze
08-12-2005, 08:35 PM
me too. have prolly taken 50 pics already!
yeah it is felted. when i finished it being my first knitted and felted item i thought i had messed up big time. but i went ahead a felted anyway. i did it twice.

kome
08-12-2005, 11:36 PM

so i thought i would show ya'll the only project that i have finished!!!! i finished this back in April.

Is there a free pattern for that??? I just bought big yarn like that "on the spot", but I don't know what to make!

javede
08-13-2005, 02:56 AM
Dotmom, that is a good price, if I was living in the US. Unfortunately shipping to Europe is mucho expensive(plus they will only ship insured packages) :crying:
I don't know if I wrote it on this board or on another, but Noro isn't allowing shops in Germany to sell their yarn for less! I know a shop who did this and they had to make the prices higher again(argh, should have ordered right away!).

The yarn I used for the shawl is some cheap 100% mercerised(sp?) cotton. I got it from a fleamarket a few weeks ago. The yarn actually is a bit more orange colored.

Jivewhistle
08-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Everyone's FO's are just wonderful!!! I've finally caught up and looked at all the ones I've missed. Man, do I have aLOT to still learn!

Silver, that Aran Afghan is stunning! You must be so proud :cheering:

rebecca
08-14-2005, 11:55 AM
:heart: :inlove: :heart: your bag, Carmell...is that an 'Ogegon' bag? If not...what is it...love, love it!
I ask about the "orgegon' bc it looks like one with a pocket added...very similar ;)
Oh....congrats on the digital camera :D

KellyK
08-14-2005, 07:31 PM
No ends woven in, not blocked, but here is a HORRIBLE pic of me modeling Traveling Vines (http://dogsstealyarn.com/vines.htm)....

Done in Berrocco Denim style, wider and longer than the pattern calls for.

snephenie
08-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Kelly that is so beautiful...didn't you JUST start that one not too long ago?

Ingrid
08-14-2005, 07:54 PM
That looks great! I like it much better in that yarn and in that size than the picture you posted of the original!

KellyK
08-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks thanks thanks! I like this better, too, Ingrid...I just said in my blog that the texture of this yarn REALLY makes it look like vines...or tree bark. And, I like the drape of it...it has HEFT!

Steph...I cast this on 3 weeks ago...bought the yarn during the Illinois KH get-together!

Silver
08-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Kelly that REALLY looks great. Congrats!! You did whip that out pretty fast! :cheering:

brendajos
08-15-2005, 02:20 AM
well i am not completely in love with the outcome of this project but i am still glad i did it cuz i learned a bunch of new stuff doing this project (yeah basic stuff but still new to me! ;) ) unfortunately it is too small for me to use day to day...can't carry as much as i normally would. i am guessing one of my friends will claim it :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/SophiePurse.jpg

KellyK
08-15-2005, 07:15 AM
CUTE! What kind of twisty strap is that, Bren? I like that button!

brendajos
08-15-2005, 09:32 AM
CUTE! What kind of twisty strap is that, Bren? I like that button!

well it is SUPPOSE to be two i-cords twisted together. for some reason i can NOT figure out i-cord no matter how many times i look at amy's video. don't know what my deficiency is in that but it just won't happen...sooooo...it is two long stockinette cords twisted together....basically got them done watching skeleton key this weekend! ;)

Ingrid
08-15-2005, 09:58 AM
That's cute! I like it. :D

bekahdrmom
08-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Yay! I have some FO's to post! And I have a few more coming soon:)

Here (http://spaces.msn.com/members/bekhay/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWlj cm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdW xsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pcLbzjbPpp5k4CnDA s0-TXQ!325&_c=PhotoAlbum) is the link to my blog. Check out the last pic of my son (quite happily) modeling a hat and scarf set I made for a friend's little boy. I'm so proud!!!

Coming Soon: AWESOME shawl (if I do say so myself) that I just finished for my co-worker (with slight modifications to the pattern, per her request).

Silver
08-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Here (http://spaces.msn.com/members/bekhay/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWlj cm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdW xsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pcLbzjbPpp5k4CnDA s0-TXQ!325&_c=PhotoAlbum) is the link to my blog. Check out the last pic of my son (quite happily) modeling a hat and scarf set I made for a friend's little boy. I'm so proud!!!
Was there a hat and scarf in that picture? All I could see were his beautiful eyes and gorgeous smile. WHAT A CUTIE!!! *SWOOOON* :heart:

koolbreeze
08-15-2005, 11:04 AM

Is there a free pattern for that??? I just bought big yarn like that "on the spot", but I don't know what to make!

it is an Oregon Tote. here http://www.knitkit.com/OregonSunshine.htm

koolbreeze
08-15-2005, 11:08 AM
:heart: :inlove: :heart: your bag, Carmell...is that an 'Ogegon' bag? If not...what is it...love, love it!
I ask about the "orgegon' bc it looks like one with a pocket added...very similar ;)
Oh....congrats on the digital camera :D

yes it is i just made it a little bigger which now i realize i shouldn't have done cause now its too big and i had forgotten how much i dispise carrying big diaper bags!

rebecca
08-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Ahh, Carmell, I thought that I could spot an Oregon ;)
Bren... :heart: love the bag, :heart: love the twisted handles!!
bek...great selection!! son is tooo cute; I see a model in the future ;)
KK...what are you, a speed knitter or what?! OMGosh, I canNOT believe how fast you :XX: ..you are crazy fast and :heart: :inlove: :heart: traveling vines; it looks just lovely on you ;)
:cheering: :cheering: all in all....jobs WELL DONE :cheering: :cheering:

koolbreeze
08-15-2005, 11:27 AM
KK~ I can't wait till i'm a speedster knitter like you! WOW i've been working on a shawl for like forever! i like those vines very nice!

Bren~ that purple is getting girl! :heart: he purse!

hippodamia
08-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Finally took some pictures! - Thread Hog Alert!!! :lol:

Dish Clothes - finished these maybe 2 months back. I am going to give them to my mom for Christmas. The one is kind of small because I was worried I would run out of yarn :p

Dish Cloths
Bottom left is FO #2 (http://www.royea.net/triangles.html), Right FO #3 (http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/babyfernstitch.html), Top Left is FO #4 (http://www.royea.net/chevyblue.html)

Irish Hiking Scarf - FO#5 (http://www.helloyarn.com/irishhikingcarf.htm)

I didn't think I'd ever bother to knit a dish cloth, but I really liked doing them, so fast to knit something up and feel like I am getting something accomplished! Also a great way to do some new stiches!

bekahdrmom
08-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Was there a hat and scarf in that picture? All I could see were his beautiful eyes and gorgeous smile. WHAT A CUTIE!!! *SWOOOON* :heart:

bek...great selection!! son is tooo cute; I see a model in the future

Aww, thanks! I think he's a cutie patootie too...but so does he. Hence, the big cheesy grin ;) Hey...anybody know how I can get him into modeling? :D

Joel
08-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Wow!

I've been looking through the last few pages of posts. Very Cool FO's everyone.

:thumbsup:

LisaD715
08-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Kelly....you are amazing!! :heart: Love that wrap :heart: You worked it up so quickly.....How do you go that fast?!?!?! BTW...you are Gorgeous!!!!

Love the dishcloths hip...been working on dishcloths myself. And i love the color on your Scarf!!!!

Bek, what a cutie patootie!!!!

KellyK
08-15-2005, 03:34 PM
BEK....THOSE EYES!! GAWGEOUS little muffinboy!

WOW...thanks, Lisa! :oops: I dont know about Gorgeous, though... I've been sick and my nose does NOT look like that.

I hope to form an Olympic Speed knitting team in time for the next summer games! Whaddaya think? Anyone else interested?? :roflhard:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Holy Moly!!!

I started and finished a project in one day!!!!! :cheering:

The short version is that I have been trying to use up my stash, and I needed somethng quick, so I made a pair of baby booties for my preggo girlfrie... I don't envision the baby wearing them, but I thought they'd make a good decoration for the packaging for the quilt I'm making.

Ingrid
08-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Aaaaawwww! Why wouldn't the baby wear them? They're adorable.

snephenie
08-16-2005, 12:12 AM
How cute! I just learned this weekend my cousin is expecting. I will have to get started on some baby items :)

KellyK
08-16-2005, 04:38 AM
Hildie, those are AWESOME! I would wear them!!!

dustinac
08-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Wow you guys have been busy bees!! Love everything!!! :happydance:

rebecca
08-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Hip...love, love everything!!! I'm (possibly) doing Irish Hiking for my sweetie..love your clothes ;)
Hilde...too cute with the booties ;)

ekgheiy
08-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Holy Moly!!!
I started and finished a project in one day!!!!! :cheering:
The short version is that I have been trying to use up my stash, and I needed somethng quick, so I made a pair of baby booties for my preggo girlfrie... I don't envision the baby wearing them, but I thought they'd make a good decoration for the packaging for the quilt I'm making. OMG Hilde!! They are sooooo cute!! What pattern is that by-the-by ... I've got my stash to get through too ... :mrgreen:

ekgheiy
08-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Finally took some pictures! - Thread Hog Alert!!! :lol:

Dish Clothes - finished these maybe 2 months back. I am going to give them to my mom for Christmas. The one is kind of small because I was worried I would run out of yarn :p ...OOOoooo I'm loving that scarf Hippodamia! :)

Mer
08-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Cute booties, Hilde!

Here's a baby hat in Bernat Cotton tots (grape color) from the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts that I just finished.

KellyK
08-16-2005, 10:47 PM
CUTE!!!!!

brendajos
08-16-2005, 11:13 PM
ooooooh aaaaaaaaaah...super soft umbilical cord hat. it is kettle dyed merino wool and i have never felt wool that is THIS soft that i can remember. and i think i have enough left for a little pair of booties or baby mitts. it is from www.malabrigoyarn.com

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/UmbilicalHat.jpg

Ingrid
08-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Lovin' the hats, ladies! :D

ekgheiy
08-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Very nice, Mer! ;)

Silver
08-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Hilde, those booties are darling. Any baby would be proud to wear them! ;)

Mer and Brenda, great hats! :cheering:

rebecca
08-17-2005, 10:54 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :heart: ing the hats Mer & Bren :D

Silver
08-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Baby Norgi is FINISHED!!!

Next... the matching hat. :)

brendajos
08-17-2005, 09:24 PM
silver that is AMAZING! I am so impressed by your work!! gotta get pictures of the bebe wearing it too!

Aby
08-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh MAN Silver, that looks so awesome. It looks like you paid a fortune for it at a ski resort. That is just beautiful!!! I envy your talent... TOTALLY! :notworthy:

KellyK
08-17-2005, 09:25 PM
OMG ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! And your STRANDING!! Its IMMACULATE! :notworthy:

rebecca
08-17-2005, 09:28 PM
SILVER :notworthy: SILVER :notworthy: SILVER :notworthy:
WTG, my friend :D ....MOST EXCELLENT work :thumbsup:
Now, is that going in a shadow box, or is it just being framed between 2 pieces of glass with the foil around the edges...love that look?! ;)
When I grow up...I hope to knit like u ;)

carlaf
08-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Silver,

You are awesome :cheering: I wanna be like you when I grow up!

Carla

MaggieL
08-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Ditto all the above Silver. :thumbsup:

Jackie M.
08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
What they said and more! No words to express how overwhelming that is.

I think I would just display it in a case, if I did something like that.

Jackie

Vendie
08-17-2005, 09:48 PM
:shock: this is me speechless! :notworthy: all the way! absolutely beautiful.

Ingrid
08-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Beautiful job, Silver!! Pat yourself on the back! :cheering: :cheering:

BinkyKat
08-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Uh-buuuuhhhhh! :shock: :shock: :shock:
You are a GODDESS!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
You have now handcrafted a piece that will be a cherished heirloom!!!
Way to go!!!

Silver
08-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Gosh thank you everyone!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

It'll be worn by the baby boy. Maybe milk will spill on it, or strained peas. I don't mind. I want it to be worn, and laundered, and loved.

And one day passed on to another little boy. :)

Sara
08-17-2005, 10:57 PM
That sweater is magnificent! I can't get over how perfect it is. That is going to be a family heirloom, I'm sure.

BinkyKat
08-17-2005, 10:57 PM
OOO, OOO... here's a thought! Wrap it in a nice sturdy box... so that after the little man has gotten too big to wear it... mom can pack it away for the next little one... and then she can record the timeline on the box. My grandma did that with a family baptismal gown that her kids and grandkids (me included!) have worn. :thumbsup:

Silver
08-17-2005, 11:08 PM
That's an awesome idea!! :cheering:

Mer
08-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Silver, I just have to add my congrats. It's beautiful!

Julie
08-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Wow Silver...it's stunning! Great job!! :cheering:

Aby
08-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Two words... Scotch Guard. :shock:

javede
08-18-2005, 06:28 AM
WOW!!! I'm speechless....
Really impressive....and how good it looks on BOTH sides!

dustinac
08-18-2005, 07:03 AM
Wow!! You did a wonderful job!! :cheering:

Silver
08-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Thank you! :heart:

kemp
08-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Gorgeous Kristin!

Carol_OH
08-18-2005, 09:08 AM

wow - wow - WOW I say!

GREAT job. The sweater is absolutely gorgeous!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
08-18-2005, 11:26 AM
K, Silver, you are a speed knitter, this I know...to do THAT much work with such small gauge so quickly...yep...speed knitta sista ;)

ekgheiy
08-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Baby Norgi is FINISHED!!!Next... the matching hat. :)Bravo, Silver, Bravo!! Congratulations!! It is beautiful, simply beautiful You inspire me... ;)

DotMom61
08-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Dotmom, that is a good price, if I was living in the US. Unfortunately shipping to Europe is mucho expensive(plus they will only ship insured packages) :crying:
I don't know if I wrote it on this board or on another, but Noro isn't allowing shops in Germany to sell their yarn for less! I know a shop who did this and they had to make the prices higher again(argh, should have ordered right away!).

The yarn I used for the shawl is some cheap 100% mercerised(sp?) cotton. I got it from a fleamarket a few weeks ago. The yarn actually is a bit more orange colored.

Javede --

I forgot that you were in Germany. That really stinks -- the shipping & pricing, that is, not being in Germany!! Do you have any relatives/friends in the U.S. that send you care packages?? Perhaps they could order some yarn for you!! :figureditout:

DotMom61
08-18-2005, 12:40 PM
well i am not completely in love with the outcome of this project but i am still glad i did it cuz i learned a bunch of new stuff doing this project (yeah basic stuff but still new to me! ;) ) unfortunately it is too small for me to use day to day...can't carry as much as i normally would. i am guessing one of my friends will claim it :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/SophiePurse.jpg

Brenda --

That is really cute ... what pattern did you use? I have one that uses ribbon yarn to make a bag similar to that. I haven't knit it up yet, though. Yours is very cute!!

DotMom61
08-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, I am way behind on this thread. I haven't been receiving my email reminders AGAIN! :mad:

Anyway, everybody's projects look beautiful, and not to take away from anyone else's lovely projects, but Silver that is quite an accomplishment. I would love to see the look on the Mom's face when she opens this beautiful and generous gift for her baby boy. I hope she can appreciate all the love and work that went into it!! Just beautiful! You inspire me to work diligently to learn new techniques and to perfect old ones.

amy
08-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Amy's Marathon Reply Session

OMG, I've left off on page 33, and am just catching up! LOL
Wow! Lots of projects! I won't attempt to comment on all of them, but I've got to mention the beaded bracelets, and Debbie's knit flower. Pretty! And of course, Silver's Aran Afghan, wow! :inlove: (I know, I'm really way behind on this thread!)

Okay, so much for not commenting, I can't help myself....
KnitQueen, love the later gator mittens!
DotMom, :heart: how that pink tank came out!! Great edging, looks so cute on her!
KellyK, Soleil looks great! (I don't even want to mention how behind I am on your blog. :oops:)
Silver!!! WOW, I love your swirly socks!!! :inlove:
Tessa, nice work!
Mer, that Vogue top is so cute!
Twiggy, that sweater is quite an accomplishment!

*Amy reaches page 54, and pauses for breath.... And off she goes again!*
Aby, Fraggle Rock is so cute on your daughter! Has Marnie seen this yet? She'd be too proud.
Nik, I like that booga bag! Especially the colors. Don't give it away! (am I too late? :doh:)
Dave, great scarf!! Gorgeous!
Joyt, WTG on tackling lace! Very nice!
Welcome Kome! Cute hat!!! Wow, you're first project, huh? Impressive!
Becka, OMG :inlove: that flowery booga is AWESOME, you are always coming up with original stuff! Love it!
Lou, I love your sweater!! Nice job, looks great on you!!!
DotMom, love that bag, great colors. :thumbsup:
Femmy, you've been busy! LOVE the gnomes especially!
Joyt, OMG, you're daughter is brilliant!! What a cute little purse! :cheering:

*...Page 61. pant, pant...*
Blueslady, belated welcome to you! LOVE the color of those projects, nice job! Great clogs!
Joyt, OMG, that tea cozy is so playful, I love it. Suits the chicken tea pot perfectly! ;)
Sharon, the blanket turned out great!
Joyt, love the colors of that silk bag.
Suzie, nice job on that aran panel!! :inlove:
YAYYYYY!!!!! Looks GREAT, Suz!!! NICE BOBBLES! :eyebrow:
Kelleeeeeey. :rollseyes: ROFL
Kome, those slippers are ADORABLE!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

*Page 64. Amy skims several pages and enjoys all of the unique and fun projects. Totally cheating :shifty: she skips ahead to page 69....*

Koolbreeze, congrats on getting a digital camera! Nice bag!! :thumbsup:
Kelly, I love the traveling vine shawl! Especially on you, you look radiant! :heart:
Ooh, cute hat Brendajos!
STOP THE PRESSES! Silver you are the knitting queen! :notworthy: What a cuuuuuuute little sweater!! (Baby Norgi, page 72). And the detailing is absolutely perfect! WOW. :inlove:

*Trumpets sound! She crosses the finish line! Woohooo!* :balloons:

....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/bevelheadgrl/thud.gif

koolbreeze
08-18-2005, 03:09 PM
....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/bevelheadgrl/thud.gif

:roflhard:
Silver~ that is really cute. i remember you linking it and i didn't like it all that much, but yours is really impressive. looks like something you buy in the store. :notworthy:

Aello
08-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Wow you all are sooo talented.. I am drooling over your FOs. they are all so wonderful! Being a new/self-taught knitter I know I still have a long way to go, but you all give me something to aspire to :cheering: Thank you.

And Amy, I give you credit on teaching me the right way to do things.. If it weren't for this site I would not even have one FO! (I have several now :D ) Thank you

Keep up the good work everyone! :thumbsup:

Aby
08-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Aby, Fraggle Rock is so cute on your daughter! Has Marnie seen this yet? She'd be too proud.

Thank you :D and I don't know if she's seen it yet or not. I would love it if someone showed it to her or told her about it, though. I gave her pattern credit on my blog though, so I would love to see what she thinks about my version of it. :heart:

Aello
08-18-2005, 08:55 PM
I tried to post some of my projects but when I previewed them they looked HUUUGE. Think I might have some resizing to do first :oops:

kemp
08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
I finally have the complete set. This is from the Filatura Di Crosa Fall Winter 2004 Pattern Picture here (http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/Patterns/patterns_detail.asp?CatID=6&ID=332&New=FALSE&pg=4)

I had just enough of the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino I bought on sale to finish...must've been meant for this project :)

Overall it was easy...a minimal amount of frogging since I got a little unfocused while watching TV and knitting this at the same time.

ekgheiy
08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
I finally have the complete set. This is from the Filatura Di Crosa Fall Winter 2004 Pattern Picture here (http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/Patterns/patterns_detail.asp?CatID=6&ID=332&New=FALSE&pg=4) ... Way to go dudette!! :cheering: How long did that take ya??

kemp
08-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Really not too long at all. I knit most of the tube top part the day I spent knitting in the hospital. I would say the shrug was completed with about 5 nights in front of the TV. Overall, I thought it was quick.

Sara
08-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Nice job, Kemp! That set looks really nice!

Ingrid
08-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Wow! That came out great!! The set looks very classy together. Good job!

Kelly's gonna die! :rofling:

Ingrid
08-19-2005, 04:44 PM
I just finished this for my friend who owns Alpacas--three ladies and two little boys.

Mer
08-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Man, it's almost impossible to keep up with this thread! Very impressive, everyone!

Looks great, Kemp! What did you decide to do about the top being too loose?

Nuno930
08-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Man, it's almost impossible to keep up with this thread! I know! Actually... I don 't much anymore :oops: Too much work and I would hate to foget anyone... so I just forget you all *insert sticking tounge out smilie* I feel bad for dial-up users!

kemp
08-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Ingrid...love the alpaca! Did you make that up?

Mer...of course I took the easy way out! I had a "duh" moment. it was knit top down do frogging wasn't an option, I did try to shrink it (didn't work) and thought about adding a casing so I could put in elastic. Then I was looking at the top...k1 p1 rib for 3 rows. So I just took a yarn needle and some left over yarn and on the inside put the yarn through each knit on the second row. Tie a bow on the inside, and voila, instant fit. Can't even tell. The body on the bottom bunches just a little but over all that did the trick.

KellyK
08-19-2005, 05:15 PM
KEMP! You and "the girls" look FANTASTIC in that set!! (There, Ingrid...was that good for ya?? :roflhard: )

And, INGRID!! LLOVE that LLAMA!! He's a HAPPY llama! (I know you said alpaca, but I lllike to say lllama!!)

Ingrid
08-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Make up the Alpaca? Lord, no. It's from Andean Folk Knits. I bought the book specfically for this pattern. There were several errors in the pattern, and less-than-specific directions (my needles would still be in the nose if I stuck to the pattern to a tee), but the design was impressive. Kudos to the person who first made it.

And Kellllly, it is technicallllly a Llllllllama, but we won't telllll! ;)

rebecca
08-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Ingrid..you're alpaca is tooooo cute... :heart: it!!
Kemp...looks great; very good job...and very FREAKY...you look almost EXACTLY like the girl that my nephew married last month, as I was scrolling down I wondered how a pic of Nicole got on here!...that was weird!! And the top is lovely, as expected :thumbsup:

uhoh :oops: ... I meant llama, Ingrid ;) ...either way...love it :D

hippodamia
08-19-2005, 05:45 PM
As usual, everyone's stuff is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Just finished my first hat and first try of fair isle knitting, yay! It was pretty fun to do and since it's a baby hat, I finished it this week, yippeee! It got a little loose with the two colors where the needle join was (I used double-points), but I hope once it gets used, you won't really notice it. I used LionBrand Baby Soft.

I am giving it to a coworker who's wife just had a baby - this will be my first gift!

Here is the pattern: http://freddyknits.blogspot.com/2005/03/beginners-fair-isle-baby-hat-free.html

KellyK
08-19-2005, 05:47 PM
GREAT job, Hipp!

Ingrid
08-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Aaaaaw! What a cute hat!

misstialouise
08-20-2005, 08:12 AM
After catching up on all the finished projects (I fell off my chair at the baby norgi), I am somewhat intimidated to post my little felted bag up...

I'm calling it the Blossom Bucket Bag.

I basically just started knitting, increased in parts, kept knitting, did some decreases and finished it off. I don't really have a pattern for it, but can probably work backwards. It's finished off with a knitted in icord trim and sewn on icord handles (you can't see it, but there are two handles.. just long enough to go over your shoulder). Whilst the pattern flower was one that I found on the 'net, the leaves were just a 'knit and see' as well. It features a cloissone bead in the centre of the flower.

It felted so well I dont think I'll line it. I'm taking it for a 'test drive' tomorrow at the craft show.

MaggieL
08-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Kemp, What can I say except ... WOW.

The baby's hat is just too cute.

misstialouise, no reason to be intimidated. It's beautiful. I :heart: it.

MaggieL
08-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Forgot:

misstialouise, I also love the colors.

Ingrid
08-20-2005, 10:00 AM
That bag is beautiful!! Don't put your stuff down! :fingerwag: That bag is delightful and well made. I bet you get crafters giving it the eye!

Ellen Edwards
08-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Goodness, Sil--you are awesome!! ;) I'm always amazed at the things people show here! I just love love love that little sweater--whoever wrote the pattern was quite thoughtful--as far as how it came out, anyway. I don't know how "easy" it was to follow--but kudos, girl!! :happydance:

I can't imagine how you put it all together, but you showed some great pics too! :heart:

Sara
08-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Your bag is great,Tia! I :heart: the colors. And w/o a pattern, no less!

Ellen Edwards
08-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Misstia--please--could you tell me what yarn you used to knit your bag?? I really want to do a felted bag...will any bulky weight 100% wool felt ok?? :heart: :happydance:

kemp
08-20-2005, 11:07 AM
misstialouise...that bag is awesome! I can't believe you would worry about posting it. You ought to write down the basic instructions before you forget what you did. It's a great pattern.

KellyK
08-20-2005, 12:05 PM
OMG Tia! That bag is PRECIOUS!!! LOVE IT!

rebecca
08-20-2005, 02:37 PM
:heart: :heart: the bag...a BUNCH!!! Very cool colors :thumbsup:
The baby hat is toooo cute and your fair isle is top notch! I'm hoping my 1st journey into fair isle will be as nice!!....mine will be with socks ;)
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: As always....WTG, jobs well done!!!

Silver
08-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Kemp, that set is fabulous. And looks phenomenal on you!
Ingrid, cute alpaca!
Hippo, great hat! Nice color work!
Misstialouise, that purse is awesome. I love the colors, and that flower.

Here's my latest finished piece. The hat to match the Baby Norgi sweater. I'm working on the little baby socks now.

Ingrid
08-20-2005, 03:45 PM
That was quick!! That little boy is going to be stylin', for sure!

KellyK
08-20-2005, 05:03 PM
SO COOL, Sil!!! Stylin baby he's gonna be!!!

koolbreeze
08-20-2005, 05:33 PM
~Silver~ that was quick!!! i wanna be like you when i grow up!!!
~kemp~ That is really cute. can u wear it without the shrug or is it vonnected? :thumbsup:

Jackie M.
08-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Beautiful hat! Can you post the pattern please? Please?????? :pray:

Sara
08-20-2005, 06:11 PM
If you will excuse my cheapo camera, I have some pictures of recent projects.

#1--Summer Swing Top--finished a couple weeks ago, but found the camera yesterday, found the cord this am :rollseyes:

#2--Baby Kimono--the color is actually pink w/hot pink and light cocoa variegation, I have to wait until I can get to Joann's to put the ribbon tie on, I'm going to use a brown ribbon. Finished this a.m.!

#3--Marnie's Happy Hat--5yo DID NOT want one of these until I finished 16yo's hat last night :lol: Now she's begging to go to Walmart for purple yarn.

#4--16yo finished her gauntlets a few days ago. This is her first non-scarf fo. I taught her to crochet when she was seven. She can't wait to start something else.

Our LYS has been closed for 2 weeks, they open again on Tuesday. We're ready!

MaggieL
08-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Sara, Lots of work. My fav is the Baby Kimono.

Silver, you finished the hat quickly. Is it your own design or come with the sweater pattern? I am just always amazed at your work.

rebecca
08-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Silver the Speedy... :heart: :heart: the hat....toooooo adorable! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
Sara...WOW! I :heart: :inlove: :heart: EVERYTHING!! OMGoodness, it's all just wonderful...can't imagine how it would look with the 'non-cheapo' camera, as u say! I really love the swing top, what size might I ask? The baby kimono...too cute, we will have a baby in the fam around Feb...a thought :thumbsup: AND...the 16 yr old does fantastic knitting...love the wrist warmers/gauntlets!! She should be very proud...they are very cool!! I know that she's seen all the cool knitting things around and is ready to jump in :cheering: :cheering: What is her next project?!
:oops: oops...how did I miss the hat...love it!!

Sara
08-20-2005, 06:26 PM
The swing top is a size 6. The pattern is on the Free Patterns section of KH.

I think DD wants to do a bag. Probably felted. I have several felted things I want to do, so we may have a Felting Fest.

Thanks for the kind words, Rebecca!

GlenBoRTR
08-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Here's a few things that I've made... ((so far))

KellyK
08-20-2005, 07:00 PM
SARA! LOVE those FOs!! I have that swing top on my to-do list...with all the leftover apricot shine I have. Cant wait to get to that!

And, love the colors on your dd's gauntlets! PREEETY! When is she gonna sign up for her own username on KH???

GLEN...great scarves! And, you said you jsut started knitting recently? :cheering:

misstialouise
08-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Wow.. thanks everyone.. :D I do love it.. :D

Misstia--please--could you tell me what yarn you used to knit your bag?? I really want to do a felted bag...will any bulky weight 100% wool felt ok?? :heart: :happydance:

Umm I just picked up a relatively cheap 100% non machine washable wool. Was less than $3AUS a ball :D I also knitted with needles one size larger than recommended.

Aello
08-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow everyone's projects looks amazing! I am turly in awe! Kemp, that is a wonderful set. Looks great! Silver, You blow my mind.. That bad is beautiful MissTia, I really love the colors.

Silver
08-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Beautiful hat! Can you post the pattern please? Please?????? :pray:
I'm sorry, I can't post it. I altered a pattern in the 2003 St. Moritz booklet (http://www.yarnbarn.com/patterns/designs.asp?partNo=KP-DAL-SMOR03&startAt=KP-DAL-SMOR03). There's a child's hat that was a perfect match, so I just subbed the colors and design to match Baby Norgi.

Thanks everyone on the compliments. :)

BEEEUTIFUL work Sara and Glen!! :cheering:

Vendie
08-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I posted these over on my blog page, but I thought I'd post them over here too. Quite a story (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2887&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45) behind this one, involving a very bad dog, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of reading about it already.

Ingrid
08-20-2005, 08:50 PM
It looks even better without the hole! And such a lovely presentation, too. :D

Ennormir
08-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Very lovely! Excellent job! *applause*

rebecca
08-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Glenn :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: your scarves are beautiful!! Very good job :thumbsup:

Fibergirl...your bonnet is just toooo cute.. :heart: it!!

Vendie
08-20-2005, 10:52 PM
thanks!!! I almost hate to part with it. I'll just have to make another one for myself (and then I'll never have a little girl, boo hoo, isn't that how it works?)

Silver
08-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Wow!! That hat is gorgeous, FiberGirl. Very impressive. :cheering:

Vendie
08-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Aww, shucks :blush: thanks everyone!

MaggieL
08-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Lovely hat!!!! Great job FiberGirl.

brendajos
08-21-2005, 08:52 PM
This is KnitQueen's pattern. easy as could be though for some reason the second bootie was more of a PITA than the first...shoulda been easier shouldn't it?...lol

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/Thefirstbooties.jpg

This is what the first one looked like. i think it shows more acurately what the colors are. It apparently looks monstrous though since there is nothing in the picture to really compare it with....mebbe the bootie that ate Omaha? :rofling:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/theLoneBootie.jpg

Two more sets to do now! ;) Great Pattern!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ingrid
08-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Those are adorable. The next baby on my horizon is going to get a pair of those. And you're right! The one by itself looks like Shrek's dancing shoe!

MaggieL
08-21-2005, 09:07 PM
bj, those are adorable!

KellyK
08-21-2005, 09:38 PM
That baby's gonna have some HAPPY feetsies!! :cheering:

Vendie
08-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Break out the disco ball. Can I get a "oooah ooooah" ? (I need a roller-skatin' smiley...)

Edit: Forgot to say - those are absotively posilutely adorable!

kimmie
08-21-2005, 11:34 PM
The booties are so cute! What yarn did you use?
:) kimmie

brendajos
08-22-2005, 12:41 AM
The booties are so cute! What yarn did you use?
:) kimmie

i used Plymouth Encore but i can't find the label right now so i don't know which color it was. gotta say...not a huge fan though i loved the color. it seemed very splitty to me though i suppose it could have just been the little needles...*shrug*

knitqueen
08-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Brendajos, I'm so glad the pattern worked out for you!! Incidentally, I remember the second bootie being more of a pain to knit too.

Very very cute! :thumbsup:

snephenie
08-22-2005, 01:16 AM
KnitQueen...do you have the pattern posted somewhere? I have one baby cousin on the way and POSSIBLY a neice/nephew as well :)

knitqueen
08-22-2005, 01:31 AM
It is under the Pattern Central section. Should be fairly close to the top. Oh wait, I'll just link it for you, just a sec..........

Baby Bootie Pattern (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1998). There ya go!!

:XX:

brendajos
08-22-2005, 01:52 AM
yeah i don't get it...i woulda thunk that the second bootie would have been easier...doesn't have me too thrilled about the second set that is on the needles right now....lol...however i am having a VERY bad knitting weekend so i think i will just wait this moment out....i don't know how many things i have frogged this weekend....feel like i have lost count...lol

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Well - I don't have a picture to show ... :verysad: But I finally finished Blue Tranquility from Leisure Arts' Our Best Knit Baby Afghans (http://www.bowsinbloom.com/acart/picserve.cgi?picserve=/0184.jpg). I didn't make it is a strict blue though; I chose a blue'ish/lavendar'ish combo. Many people remarked on how the pretty the color was when I kip'd w/ it. This blankie is a landmark for me though; it marks my first project knitted COMPLETELY in continnental!! :cheering: Who-hooo! :happydance:

kemp
08-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Yay you! Love me some continental. Hope we can see a pic sometime.

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 11:09 AM
... Hope we can see a pic sometime. :cry: Me too...

KellyK
08-22-2005, 12:15 PM
You can see the projects in that book on Knitpicks! If its the only blue one out of those pages, its GAWGEOUS!!

rebecca
08-22-2005, 12:21 PM
bren...the booties are just toooo cute...I :heart: :heart: !! I want to make some & have no reason to do so!

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
You can see the projects in that book on Knitpicks! If its the only blue one out of those pages, its GAWGEOUS!! I just took a peek at Knitpicks. The blue on that they have posted is not the one I made. There are more patterns in that book than Knitpicks shows. But since they DO show the other afghan that I finished earlier this year ... take a peek (http://www.knitpicks.com/KPImages/Regular/30465101.jpg). I make made that one in green and white w/ green fringe. ;) ... on size 6 needles :shock: That afghan was not a "quick knit". :lol:

KellyK
08-22-2005, 02:16 PM
WOW! That was SOME accomplishment!

rebecca
08-22-2005, 02:31 PM
beautiful afghan...I :heart: :inlove: :heart: afghans...I've knit so many...now, I think after my long 'sock sabbatical' followed by knitting fall/winter accessories & sweater workshop....I may have to do some afghans for us...certainly are on my list...but not in my nicely laid out project plan that I have at the moment ;)

koolbreeze
08-22-2005, 08:26 PM
oooo i :heart: the bonnet!!! and those booties r so cute. what would the baby wear with them! there is a lotr 2 choose from!!! i like anything little!

Silver
08-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Those booties are groovy! Baby needs a little tie-dye shirt to go with them! :heart:

KellyK
08-22-2005, 09:38 PM
:roflhard: groovy booties

knitqueen
08-22-2005, 10:48 PM
You all are inspiring me to want to try an afghan. It would need to be a pattern I LOVED in order for me to stick with it though. :thinking:

Silver
08-23-2005, 10:06 AM
The socks for the Baby Norgi set are finished. I have more yarn and was considering making mittens too, but haven't decided yet.... :thinking:

Baby socks are the cutest things ever. :heart:

Ingrid
08-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Aaaaaw! What a lovely set that's going to be. Maybe you should make a third sock for when one falls off at the mall. :rollseyes:

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 11:15 AM
They are so cute, Silver. I say, GO FOR IT with the mittens idea!! ;)

Silver
08-23-2005, 11:53 AM
That is a good idea ingrid. :)
I'm still thinking about the mittens... :thinking:

Aby
08-23-2005, 02:25 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: yes yes yes.. do mittens!

koolbreeze
08-23-2005, 02:27 PM
u could make a pacifer holder, pants, diaper cover...

gimmesanity
08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Silver, girl, you're my hero. You're a kitting goddess!
When I grow up, I wanna be as fast as Sil... :thumbsup:

KellyK
08-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Sil, you are the coolest chick EVER. :notworthy:

Silver
08-23-2005, 07:02 PM
OMG you people. :oops: LOL

Should I be worried that Kelly is going to start stalking me? :oo:

KellyK
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
I LIIIIIKE YOU, SILVER.......I LIKE YOU ALLLLLOT!!!
hee heee.....hee heee....hee heeee!

Sara
08-23-2005, 08:17 PM
I think the thumbless baby mittens are a good idea, Silver.

Silver
08-23-2005, 08:41 PM
KELLY, YOU'RE SCARING MEEEEEEEEE!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

(I am knitting mittens too.)

You luv me. :heart:

KellyK
08-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I DOOOOOOOOOO! :heart:

Cant wait to see those mittens! Are you gonna put a little dear (buck? stag? antelope?) on the backs of them like the ones on the sweater??

Silver
08-23-2005, 10:23 PM
I luv you too Kelly! :inlove:

I can't decide between the deer (moose, reindeer, whatever), and a tree, but I will knit one of them. :thinking:

KellyK
08-23-2005, 10:26 PM
ONE ON EACH HAND !!!! :cheering:

Ingrid
08-24-2005, 09:21 AM
I made this sweater as a Christmas present for a very Irish friend. Last Christmas :oops: . I finally got it put together and stuffed. I found the pattern for the Celtic cat on line somewhere and the knot on the back is from a sweater pattern.

koolbreeze
08-24-2005, 09:32 AM
so let me get this right. it was a sweater that you made into a pillow?

i's cute none the less!

Ingrid
08-24-2005, 09:36 AM
No, but I did do that once years ago--I made my mother a sweater that was too small, so we made it into a pillow.

I knit the two sides, getting the pattern for the knot from a Celtic knits book and the pattern from the cat off a chart I got on the internet.

ekgheiy
08-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Stunning ... Ingrid, just stunning!! :cheering:

Ingrid
08-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks! :D

rebecca
08-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Silver.... :heart: :heart: the socks and I KNEW that you were gonna do the mittens, too ;)
Ingrid....BEAUTIFUL pillow....incredibly talented, u are ;) !

Silver
08-24-2005, 01:26 PM
I love the celtic cat, Ingrid! :shock: :cheering:

Ingrid
08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Thank you all!

gimmesanity
08-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Beautiful pillow, Ingrid! The knot is gorgeous.

Mer
08-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Some slippers/booties from this pattern (http://www.crafts-beautiful.com/projects/?view=view&ID=200#) to match the hat I did a little while ago.

Ingrid
08-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Aren't they cute! Not your typical bootie, at all. They're like teeny felted clogs almost. :D

Vendie
08-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Those are absolutely adorable Mer!! Great Job :thumbsup:

Mer
08-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys! :D I think they're going to be too big for the baby now, but she can grow into them!

Amy1
08-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my first project with you all. I knitted this purse for my daughter. She is so funny, if she is wearing it when we are out and about, she will tell people that I knitted it for her. :thumbsup: Gotta love my baby!! :heart:

Thanks,
Amy

Amy1
08-24-2005, 11:24 PM
...sorry i don't know how to post two pictures together. Here is my daughter Natalie modeling her purse. :cheering:

Amy

KellyK
08-24-2005, 11:45 PM
Mer...those are SUCH a PRETTY blue!!! Great job!

Amy....SHE is ADORABLE!! And, what a great purse for a little lady! :cheering:

Silver
08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Wonderful job on those slippers, Mer!

And Amy, that's such a cute little purse. Kudos. :)

DotMom61
08-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Well, there is just no way I can post about everybody that I've missed on this topic. You guys are *awesome*! It's such an inspiration to come in here and see everything everyone is working on, and I always end up stashing away a link to a pattern for future reference.

Ingrid -- Your llama sticks in my mind. I laughed out loud!!! Your friend will love it!

Also, I've got to make a pair of those booties, Knitqueen (did I get that right?). Dang ... I'd like to have a pair for myself!! :lol:

All the "first projects" I'm seeing are fabulous! You first-time knitters should be proud of yourselves.

And, MissTia ... the bag is gorgeous. I just bought some yarn in nearly the same colors which I am intending to use on a felted bag. Nice to see they'll go together well when finished! :-) Your design is really nice. I'd love to hear how it went over @ the craft show.

Silver & Kemp -- your projects are fantabulous; wish I had your waist-line, Kempy! (Watch out for Kelly ... she's looking really freaky these days, isn't she?)

Hmm ... Oh! ... Hippodamia, the hat is beautiful! I'm sure it will be worn with much pleasure!

OK ... I think that's all, but if I've forgotten anyone, I apologize. It's just so overwhelming when you come in here and have about 5 pages to catch up on!! {gasp}

Vendie
08-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Amy, that purse is really cute. Really great picture too BTW! My husband won't let me use him to model my projects so they get the table treatment...

Anyway, WONDERFUL stuff being created everyone!!

Ingrid
08-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Got it blocked, stretched, dried--it's been about 99% done for a while now. I had added an hem because it was curling, but I didn't want to sew it up. I ripped it out and trusted EZ's method to prevent curling and it's not! It's a pattern from Sweaters from Camp, my favorite book.

amy
08-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Wow, Ingrid, that's gorgeous! :inlove:

Amy1, love that bag and it suits your beautiful daughter well!

KellyK, that B&W picture for Silver is hysterical. ROFL!

Mer--cute booties!

Brendajos--ditto! :D

Fibergirl--wow, that baby hat is great work, congrats!

GlenBoRTR-- nice scarves! Love the loopy one, great pattern and color. :thumbsup:

Sara--you've been busy! LOVE :inlove: the summer swing top. Cute!!!

Silver--That ensemble is sooooo cute! :inlove:

KellyK
08-26-2005, 08:15 PM
SOOOOOOOOO preeeeeeeeeeeeeety, Ingrid!! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
08-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks, guys! I'm kind of dreading the change in seasons, but my sweaters make it worthwhile. I don't think I could ever move south!

kimmie
08-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Ingrid, the sweater is fabulous. You've got me wondering though...what is EZ's method to prevent curling?
kimmie

Ingrid
08-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Ingrid, the sweater is fabulous. You've got me wondering though...what is EZ's method to prevent curling?
kimmie

Thanks!

In her books, she talks about the PWYC method--purl where you can. When doing a Fair Isle pattern, what you do is periodically purl stitches here and there in the background, or contrasting color, whichever you want and whichever will show the least. It would work on regular st st, of course, but the purls would show too much. In colorwork, they get hidden in the pattern.

So what I did for this sweater is purl in the navy as often as I could for the first several rows, then reduced how many stitches I purled later on. It really disrupts the rhythm of knitting Fair Isle, but works great--no surprise, considering whose idea it was in the first place!

Aby
08-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Kureyon Scarf.

It came out wavy because of the different gauges of the yarn. I had to wash it twice to get it smelling and looking like I wanted. It's super soft.. I had NO idea that wool could be so soft.

http://intheclique.com/kur1.jpg

http://intheclique.com/kur2.jpg

http://intheclique.com/kur3.jpg

MaggieL
08-27-2005, 09:50 AM
I :heart: that scarf. Nice job.

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 10:48 AM
I love the colors! It actually looks soft, too. :D

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Another FO. That's three in the past week or so!! I'm on a roll.

KellyK
08-27-2005, 01:58 PM
SOOOOOOOOO cute! The sweater AND the Ryan!! :mrgreen:

koolbreeze
08-27-2005, 05:09 PM
No, but I did do that once years ago--I made my mother a sweater that was too small, so we made it into a pillow.

I knit the two sides, getting the pattern for the knot from a Celtic knits book and the pattern from the cat off a chart I got on the internet.

i like it... i need to make some pillows

Ryan's a cutie... and that sweater is awsome!

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks! I like pillows because it doesn't matter what the back looks like! I don't think I did much trimming of ends on this one! ;)

Debbie
08-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Red hat is made with double strand Patton's Merino the Gray is the same yarn ... one strand. I thought the red one was to "thick" but after making making the gray one ... I knitted it one stranded :) , I like the red one better. It has a better shape and the rim is prettier. The pattern is the felted hat in "Knit Hats"

rebecca
08-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Okay, 1st I must say :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: WTG and jobs well done!!

Mer...I'm :heart:in' the booties, too cute ;)

Amy1 and daughter...fantastic 1st project :cheering: :cheering: YAY for u 2...and what a beautiful model, I have to say ;)

Aby...I LOVE the scarf, the colors are absolutely magnificent..I know that will get lots of wear this year :D

Ingrid...I want to knit like u do right now, I've been knitting a year...why can't I do that now, huh, huh..why...tell me why...need to KNOW!!! Now that I've had my bit of a rant, I'm composed and will continue politely...
:heart: :inlove: :heart: both sweaters!! What more can i say?! Other than...that sure is a handsome young man modeling the frog top...very handsome, indeed ;)

Okay, These don't qualify for recently finished projects...but I have a few, my sweet MIL brought over some of her Christmas gifts from last year for my to take pics of to add to my knitting journal...so, here we go. Remember, I started knitting last June and these were done in Oct & Nov of last year. I really wish that I had had a digital camera when I began knitting and had a photo journal of everything that I have knitted! But, that's why I've started taking pics of EVERYTHING, from the beginning of the project...to the end, then I have pictures to refer to when I have a question that my notes don't answer....That's something that I've learned in this last year of knitting...journal...write everything down bc you will NOT remember a change you made to something a month ago!
Here u have the pics.....

rebecca
08-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Debbie...I really love it!! I have that book...I think I may give it a try, too, after your bravery, I've not yet felted a hat!!
What a great job :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Were you afraid that it wasn't going to felt to fit properly...that's what scares me...I'm a chicken...lol!...but you have certainly made me feel brave about this..thanks!
:heart: :inlove: :heart: the hat

Debbie
08-27-2005, 09:09 PM
The Patton’s Merino felts really really fast in my washer. So I checked it often. I would squeeze it out then run to the bathroom mirror and put it on my head ... when It fit, I rinsed it out in the sink ... did not spin in washer... and blocked it on a bowl. Once I put it on my head, it really kept its shape. It knits up SO quickly and is very easy. I love the way that book and Knit Sox tells you in a table exactly what do next and how many stitches you should have on your needle. I used size 15 needles because that is what gave me my gauge with my yarn ... then the magic loop to finish the top .... first time for that! I can't imagine using size 15 DPN's :) With my 40% Michael's coupon it cost $4.00

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Those hats look so cool! I'm with Rebecca- I'd be afraid they'd be misshapen.

Rebecca--very nice! I really love the alpaca set. :heart:

And what I say on the bottom--I mean it. If I can do it, you can. It's not rocket science, after all.

Debbie
08-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Trust the pattern :)

rebecca
08-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Debbie, my dear...the only things missing iare the photos of you trying on the soaking, dripping hat as you sized it from time to time...I have a wonderful imagination and can just visualize it :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: ...I am very glad that it worked out so well ;)
Thanks Ingrid, I, too..... :heart: :heart: the hat & scarf, fyi...all that I have for me other than a truly ugly (had just started knitting now...) dropped st. scarf out of a boucle of all things...with a huge hat to match :roflhard: :roflhard: !!! This is exactly why I am taking my sock sabbatical ( :angelgrin: heavenly thought) and then have these beautiful & luscious accessories picked out with yarn at the ready for ME...and for Lonnie, but his are masculine...not luscious :roflhard: :roflhard: . I just am so excited to be knitting for US!!!

Silver
08-28-2005, 01:01 PM
My Baby Norgi set is complete. I'm not adding ANYTHING else. I couldn't knit the deer or tree on the mittens because they're so small, so I just stuck with the fair isle pattern.

Set includes sthe Baby Norgi sweater, hat with earflaps, socks and thumbless mittens. I've included 3 yards of yarn in each color, just in case, and a card with fiber content and washing instructions.

What an fun set to knit! :)

rebecca
08-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Silver...just stunning ;)

jodstr2
08-28-2005, 01:12 PM
wow Silver... niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

brendajos
08-28-2005, 01:14 PM
what no leggings? ;)

Silver it is gorgeous! that baby is going to be stylin' beautifully in that outfit. I am so amazed by your talent! beautiful beautiful work!

BinkyKat
08-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Silver, all I can say is...
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
What a gorgeous, stunning heirloom set of knitting this child and family will have!
Way to go! :happydance:

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 01:18 PM
The recipient of that set is a very luck child, indeed! Great work!

InterNette
08-28-2005, 02:21 PM
If that baby set isnt the most inspirational picture to keep me practicing and knitting and hoping to some day make something so cherished as that. I am in awe, what talent and style you have.

koolbreeze
08-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Silver that is beautiful!!! if you gave that to my baby i would frame it and it would never get worn!!!

her are my booties that i just whipped up last night and this morning. just out the blue. i bought the pattern way before i had the baby as a firstknitting project and didn't understand the dirctions so i put it away... not that i have a little experiance under my belt i look at the dirctions last night and was like HEY i know how to do that!!! so i did it!

before felting
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0828finishedbootie0039.jpg

after felting... i think i did it like 8 times
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0828finishedbootie0045.jpg

size compared to my baby's foot... way too big. i don't think her foot will get that big till she is 1!!! :shock: so can anyboy help me make them smaller!!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0828finishedbootie0046.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0828finishedbootie0048.jpg

brendajos
08-28-2005, 06:02 PM
keep felting i suppose but i would prolly just leave them and let her wear them when she is bigger.

umm... :rollseyes: can i say that i want i wanna nibble on that chubby little leg though! it is just so wrong that legs with all that chub on them stops being cute!

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Those are so cuuuute!! I would hang them from my rearview mirror until she's old enough to wear them. Then put some non-slip stuff on them and take a picture!

koolbreeze
08-28-2005, 06:21 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: bren u r 2 funny!! and soooo true.

thanks bren and Ingrid

so no suggestions on how to make another pair smaller? i have some alpac and some other yarn that i bought 4 this project to begin with and i want to make a pair that she can wear now... any suggestions?

rebecca
08-28-2005, 06:22 PM
I wuy them as they are ;)

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 06:38 PM
How about making another pair on needles a few sizes smaller?

koolbreeze
08-28-2005, 07:03 PM
the were done on 10.5... what would you suggest?

brendajos
08-28-2005, 07:09 PM
well you can't go too small or they won't felt much. 7 or 8 i would think would be the smallest you would want to go...i might be off on that but it is also going to depend on how thick your yarn is.

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 08:15 PM
I think that's worth a shot. It's not like you're knitting a couple of afghans!

jodstr2
08-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Carmell!!! :inlove: those slippers are so adorable!!! :heart:

MaggieL
08-28-2005, 08:58 PM
So many wonderful projects!!! The fawning begins:

Ingrid, your sweater turned out as cute as your model.

Debbie, I :heart: those hats. I will have to look at that book.

Rebecca, you have been very busy. Nice work as always!

Silver, what can I say. Someone is going to be very pleased. :D

koolbreeze, great job on the baby booties.

KellyK
08-28-2005, 10:04 PM
LOVE those hats, Deb!

Silver....you really are just the COOLEST. 8-) That set is just fabulous!

Carmell! Can Bren and I each take a leg to nibble?? :heart: Booties look GREAT! SHe's gonna be like Dorothy from the Wiz of Oz!!

koolbreeze
08-28-2005, 10:30 PM
thanks KK, jodi, and Maggie!!!

Bren and Ingrid. I'm going to try the 8 to be on the safe side!! thanks for your help.

ya'll can have a leg if you promise to give them back! ;)

Silver
08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Thank you everyone. :)

Carmell, too big or not, those are the CUTEST little baby booties EVER. And the baby foot is still cuter than them!!! :heart:

DELETED
08-29-2005, 09:43 AM
DELETED

ekgheiy
08-29-2005, 11:41 AM
My Baby Norgi set is complete. I'm not adding ANYTHING else. I couldn't knit the deer or tree on the mittens because they're so small, so I just stuck with the fair isle pattern.

Set includes sthe Baby Norgi sweater, hat with earflaps, socks and thumbless mittens. I've included 3 yards of yarn in each color, just in case, and a card with fiber content and washing instructions.

What an fun set to knit! :) I'm just speechless. Great job, Silver!

rebecca
08-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Rebecca, you have been very busy. Nice work as always!

Thanks, sweetie...but those were from long ago before Christmas last year shortly after I started knitting!! That's busy from 2004; I'm trying to find things I've knitted and gifted so that I can have a photographic history ;)

Debbie
08-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Carmell, What pattern did you use for those CUTE booties ??