PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

MaggieL
08-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Rebecca, I had to go back and reread your post. Sorry, :blush: I missed the following:

...Okay, These don't qualify for recently finished projects...s.....

koolbreeze
08-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Debbie~ i ordered it from here. Felted Mary Jane's (www.stonyhillfiberarts.com/footwear)

hedgehog
08-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Those booties and that foot are awfully cute!! :)

And Silver, that set is... is... like... whoa!! :shock: ... Absolutely beautiful! Well done!! :) I'm sure the recipient will :heart: them...

-hh

rebecca
08-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Rebecca, I had to go back and reread your post. Sorry, :blush: I missed the following:

...Okay, These don't qualify for recently finished projects...s.....

U betcha, babe...not a problem at all ;) ;)

I just :inlove: :heart: :inlove: everyone's things :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ya'll are incredible :D

rebecca
08-30-2005, 05:34 PM
:waving: ya'll...I have officially completed Allysa's (my granddaughter) knitpicks 'crayon' ensemble...I was doing much more, meanind socks...BUT, I just had to frog the pair I was working on bc I canNOT :shock: see and go to the eye doc to get exam & glasses Thurs!! I sure hope that they work well, I've never had glasses...I'm sure that they will be bifocals...can u believe?! But...my 1st glasses @ 46 I can live with :thumbsup:
Okay, I believe u all know what we have...halter top; poncho made from 2 rectangles of mitered blocks of color & seamed together ( :doh: duh...lol); a hat with corkscrew fringe at the top; and a pair of spiral tube socks. We will go get her jeans & skirt to match tomorrow...if I can feel my way to the store :roflhard: :roflhard:
Anyway...it can all be seen
HERE (http://photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/) under knitting projects...can't miss them...brightly colored! I wanted to take nice pic of everything outside...but it's storming here!!
fyi...as I've said before..I've not had my camera a long time & I've not taken pics of everything that I have given away since getting the camera, either...lol! Now..I am trying to take pics from beginning to end of projects so I have pics to refer to if needed when reading my knitting notes!

Silver
08-30-2005, 05:50 PM
That is so adorable rebecca! Congrat on a wonderful job!!! :cheering:

Ingrid
08-30-2005, 05:51 PM
She'll be the best-dressed kid in town!! or maybe I should say,

She'll be the best-dressed kid in town!

KellyK
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
SO cool, Rebecca! I cant wait to see pics of the MODEL!!! LOVE the spiral fringe!

Sara
08-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Ingrid: :rofling:

kome
08-30-2005, 08:22 PM
No pattern. I just wanted to use this yarn I got from the thrift store. :happydance:

KellyK
08-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Well, HOW COOL are you?? 8-)

rebecca
08-30-2005, 08:26 PM

:roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Ingrid...I love you...PRICELESS!!!!

Thanks everyone else...I just hope & pray I can get a picture!! She'll be too cute, I think...thanks again; ya'll are the best ;)

Kome...very cool, my friend ;) !!
I bet Silver used fair isle bc she was knitting in the round...but..it is possible to do intarsia in the round; just not the easiest of things...of course, Sil could do it ;) .

kome
08-30-2005, 08:26 PM
I just saw the finished set Silver! Very nice. So awsome. Yes yes yes. Intarsia QUEEN. I'm just learning and I suck at it. It's so confusing. :??

KellyK
08-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Finished double-sided Irish Hiking Scarf, in Plymouth Encore, with crappy looking tassels.

Now, on to 5,002 pairs of FT clogs!!

Julie
08-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Yay! It looks so cozy!!

And Silver, I think I've oohed and aahed the pieces individually...but man, I have to say one more time, your Norgi set is STUNNING. Can't wait to see what you make for the baby girls!

Ingrid
08-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Kelly--your scarf looks great!!

Aby
08-31-2005, 01:26 AM
Gorgeous scarf, Kelly.

Silver, with my help, my husband has been watching the progress with the Norgi set.. When he saw it all together, he said.. "man, I hate over achievers... they make the rest of us look like morons".. let's just say I gave him THE look.. for assuming I am a moron :roflhard: Anyway, he then said "that is a thousand dollar set... you know some actress or rich regular in Aspen would shell out a thousand dollars for that one of a kind set" and having been from Kansas, his family regularly went to Colorado for skiiing.

So, I was thinking.. why not make another set, and see if you can't get it placed in a ski shop somewhere in say... Aspen or Eagle? He might be right. That set is very stunning and I am super impressed.

KellyK
08-31-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks Jul, Ingrid and Aby!!

Here's a better pic...I am NEVER taking pics in my basement again! Natural light does WONDERS!

gimmesanity
08-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Kel, that scarf is gorgeous...it looks so soft and cozy!

Aby, I think you're right. Sil, you should try selling your stuff....you're fast enough to where it wouldn't take you FOREVER to finish something (unlike some of us :oops: )

~Sharon

dustinac
08-31-2005, 09:23 AM
:thumbsup: Great Scarf!!! Thats also on my To Do list for Christmas :rollseyes:

KellyK
08-31-2005, 09:48 AM
It IS pretty cushy....

Thanks, Sharon & Dusty!

ekgheiy
08-31-2005, 10:11 AM
Thanks Jul, Ingrid and Aby!!

Here's a better pic...I am NEVER taking pics in my basement again! Natural light does WONDERS! Mahvelous dahling!! It's so preeetty!!! Natural light is great

... Hmmm ... maybe I should take the digicam back to stepdad and take pictures of Sporty Hoody on the deck? :thinking: Yep ... I shall try that this weekend... Thanks Kel!!

Stonington
08-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Kelly, the scarf is beautiful! :cheering: I started one this morning before work (what was I thinking?!?) It is single layer, maybe the next one I will double. Did you use a row marker? Thanks! anne

rebecca
08-31-2005, 11:10 AM
KK....Gorgeous!! Do u sleep..ever?! You are undoubtedly the fastest knitter in the world...I love, love the scarf...still cannot believe that u r not cloned....THAT'S WHAT IT IS...you have KK clones!!

gimmesanity
08-31-2005, 11:17 AM
I FINALLY got around to felting my clogs. I finished them about two weeks ago, but between washing laundry AND cloth diapers, I was just not in the mood to go near the washing machine.

Anywho, here they are. I kinda messed up and made the bumper go the wrong way on one of them...I'm not sure how that happened, but I remember somebody else did the same thing, no? :??

~Sharon

Ingrid
08-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Excellent job! I wouldn't worry about the bumper, I think mine were the same just by luck. Nobody but you will notice. They'll just notice how nifty they are!!

ekgheiy
08-31-2005, 11:29 AM
I FINALLY got around to felting my clogs [...]Dudette, how cute!!! :thumbsup: I agree w/ Ingrid. I wouldn't worry about the bumper either. It gives them more personalitly ;) (that's what I say the teeny hiccups in my work) But still we where'em proud!!! :cheering:

MaryB
08-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Your clogs look great----------love the colors!

KellyK
08-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks, EKG...

Stony...I only used a beginning of round marker. It was a REALLY easy pattern to convert into double-sided.

Rows 1-7:
K2, P2, K6, P2,
K2, P2, K6, P2,
K2, P2, K6, P2,
K4, P2, K6, P2,
K2, P2, K6, P2,
K2, P2, K6, p2, K2

Row 8: same, except C3F in place of the K6's above.

I didnt look at the pattern after the first cable row.

Rebecca...I sleep like a ROCK after all of that "speed knitting"!! :roflhard: Thanks for the compliment!

Sharon...I really ADORE those colors together!!

Stonington
08-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks KK :cheering: That sounds easy enough for me even lol. One other thing if you don't mind.. did you cast on double the amount of stitches? I can't remember exactly what the pattern called for.. 43 I think. :XX:

koolbreeze
08-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Sharon~ those clogs are too cute. i love the colors
KK~ that scarfy is niiicccee. i'm not a scarf person but that is very impressive and i would wear it!!
:thumbsup:

MaryS
08-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi Stonington,

From KK's description of her circular Irish scrarf pattern it looks like 76 stitches to cast on.

Mary

InterNette
08-31-2005, 06:20 PM
My first finished sweater, it is wet, but the stitches leave a lot to be desird in smoothness, was rather fun to do however. I still have an adult size one waiting for the neck ribbing then done, but its been waiting for a month now.

InterNette
08-31-2005, 06:21 PM
This is the before felting on my oregon tote

InterNette
08-31-2005, 06:23 PM
The completed bag, finally. My partner has been in the hospital since aug 11th and finally were home and I had gotten a chance to wash this. I am pretty pleased with the way it came out.

dustinac
08-31-2005, 06:30 PM
:thumbsup: Great job on both!!

Ingrid
08-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Very nice. I looove that bag!

KellyK
08-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks, Carmell!

Internette....your sweater and bag look FANTASTIC! Hope your partner's doin okay!!

MaggieL
09-01-2005, 07:30 AM
InterNette

Congrats on your first sweater! :cheering: Doesn't feel great. :D I love that bag. It turned out very nice, and those are my favorite colors.

gimmesanity
09-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the props, folks. ;) I'll be starting DH's clogs next week, I think.

Ooh, very pretty sweater, InterNette! And the colors on that oregon tote are fah-bulous! I :heart: .

~Sharon

DotMom61
09-01-2005, 09:28 AM
The completed bag, finally. My partner has been in the hospital since aug 11th and finally were home and I had gotten a chance to wash this. I am pretty pleased with the way it came out.

Very nice!! I just ordered this pattern, and I can't wait to get it!!! What yarn did you use? It looks like it felted up really well. Your sweater looks terrific!! Very nice! And I hope all is well with your partner now!

KK -- Love the scarf, and your tassels are not crappy. They're BIG, but not crappy. I like it!

Kome -- Nice job on your impromptu hat, especially being such a Knew Knitter! :-)

And, Sharon, the clogs are a *beautiful* color combination! I love the orangey-peach color!

Stonington
09-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Hi Stonington,

From KK's description of her circular Irish scrarf pattern it looks like 76 stitches to cast on.

Mary
Mary,
Boy I feel stupid, but initially when I read KK's instructions I read each line as a row example:
Rows 1-7:
K2, P2, K6, P2, -row -1
K2, P2, K6, P2, -row -2 and so on :rollseyes: :oops:
K2, P2, K6, P2,
K4, P2, K6, P2,
K2, P2, K6, P2,
K2, P2, K6, p2, K2

When I look again it seems so obvious lol. oh brother! Been that kind of week.
Thank you to both ... Mary and Kelly! :cheering:
anne

MaryS
09-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi Anne,

No problem! We all have weeks (months) like that sometimes.

Then it just clicks and :doh:

Happy Knitting :happydance: :XX:

Mary

koolbreeze
09-01-2005, 12:46 PM
years.... :doh:

Ingrid
09-01-2005, 12:47 PM
years.... :doh: :roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
09-01-2005, 12:48 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Everything looks wonderful, as usual!!
gimmesanity...I :heart: :heart: your clogs!!!
internette..top is too cute and I LOVE the Oregon bag...I have got to get that pattern...love the colors, too
:notworthy: :notworthy: JOBS WELL DONE :happydance: :happydance:

KellyK
09-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Boy I feel stupid, but initially when I read KK's instructions I read each line as a row example:
Rows 1-7:
K2, P2, K6, P2, -row -1
K2, P2, K6, P2, -row -2 and so on :rollseyes: :oops:
K2, P2, K6, P2,
K4, P2, K6, P2,
K2, P2, K6, P2,
K2, P2, K6, p2, K2

When I look again it seems so obvious lol. oh brother! Been that kind of week.
Im SO sorry...I only wrote it in that way because when I had it all in one line, it looked overwhelming...this way, it doesnt look so bad!

Well, or so I THOUGHT, anyway!! :oops:

InterNette
09-01-2005, 11:25 PM
thanks everyone, that bag was finished with much thanks to Ingrid for coming to the rescue when i had no idea how to do an icord edge. The wool was lambs pride in heather and oatmeal and my stripe in debby bliss. It felted in about 10 minutes actually, very easy but scary for me. My sweater was made in bernate and have to say I dont have a smooth tension or guage. I practiced on 2 dozen washcloths and 2 shawls and 2 purses and still it doesnt appear even and I am a little saddened.
Ingrid I dream of that sweater set of yours, how amazing wow.
I love those clogs, I have my pattern and my yarn just dont have the right size circulars yet.

Isamar
09-01-2005, 11:30 PM
This is my first combo pattern. And also its the first time that I crochet something different than singles. So.... Im very proud! :cheering: Unfortunatelly I was knitting this for my niece, and she didn't like the color. A friend of mine saw it when I was knitting it and she said she want to buy it... so I say yes. But Know she hasn't come for it. So I post it in my new blog (lapoutique.blogspot.com) in hope for sellin it, cause I don't fit in it!!! :(

any way, I think it went all right.

rebecca
09-01-2005, 11:30 PM

OT, but...I have had my eyes examined...I have very cool new specs 8-) and I CAN SEE :shock:, really well!!! Which means...after all of my organization....u see, Lonnie got me a laser jet printer and I've been a printing crazy woman and we have just returned from Staples with more paper and 400 more page protectors for me to re-organize patterns & tutorials ( I realllllllly have a LOT!!) tomorrow & devote Sat. to re-organizing yarn & doing a super summer cleaning to ready the bedroom for Lonnie to put the bed risers on so that my yarn can be neatly organized under the bed (well...most of it!) and I will now have a cabinet area in the entertainment center in the bedroom for all of the 3 ring binders; the library cabinet is well stocked...I must figure out a nice & pretty way to display & organize all of my needles and then I will finally be ready to begin the SOCK SABBATICAL Monday....u know, considering that now I CAN SEE!!!!! YIPPEE KIYAY!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Having never worn glasses, ya'll know I was a bit apprehensive, but I got a very thorough exam and very cute glasses (yes..bifocal...but, no progressive lenses, the whole world doesn't have to know that I now where BIFOCAL glasses!!, but it's okay with me bc I CAN SEE :shock: ) and too cute sunglasses in 2 weeks. Pardon the rant, but I am now happy that I can see bc I was about to flip after I had to :frog: socks...(almost completed...at the toe decreases) bc it's well known that I have a tiny passion for the sock ;)
:blush: again..forgive the rant, I'm very excited...I got a bunch of palette yarn,my :heart: :inlove: :heart: sweetness gives me a laser printer and a new knitting book, then I get glasses...this week :thumbsup:
Thanks for allowing the rant...this is why I :heart: ya'll, rants are okay now & again ;)

jodstr2
09-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Isamar - I :heart: :heart: :heart: the verde shrug! cuuuuute! :inlove:

rebecca
09-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Isamar, it's absolutely stunning, as are you ;) ! This is a project in which you should take a great deal of pride, 1st one like this and an outstanding job :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: WTG, my friend!!

KellyK
09-01-2005, 11:40 PM
That shrug is adorable! Good job!

Rebecca...when do we get to see a pic of ya in your new spectacles???

Ingrid
09-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Isamar, beautiful work. I'm sure someone will want it.

And Rebecca--if I get glasses will I become organized and energetic? I'll have to look into that!

DotMom61
09-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Isamar -- Esta es muy bonita!!! (did I say that right??) I'm sorry to hear that your niece didn't like the color; I think it's gorgeous, and I'm sure you'll find someone to buy it!!! Buena suerte!

Rebecca -- Your energy level is wearing me out. Will you please come to my house and inspire me to get organized!? You are truly amazing. :-)

rebecca
09-02-2005, 12:35 AM
LOL...I'm not knitting, so I have the OVERWHELMING desire to get everything orderly so that I can kick back with not cares and knit what I want....where this 'have to organzie now' comes from is that i am tired of having piles of papers, albeit in envelopes, but...still piles...I want them where they belong and...this is KILLING ME...my sock yarn is in a big trash bag sitting on top of my wax massage machine thing!! Ok, do u know me or what...is this my fave yarn... :thinking: let's think....I am going to :?? ...say YES!!...so it must be organized ;) And then I will feel at ease to kick back and knit what I want when I want for me and for Lonnie...of course I could always do that, but it's just gonna make me feel so much better. AND...since I got my specs...my room is way dusty, babe!!
And, KK, in the past 10 yrs since I've had several leg and hip surgeries I have discovered that the camera puts an extra 40 to 50 lbs on me as oppossed to the normal 10 lbs with everyone else...I think it has something to do with all of the hardware that I have inside, false joints, titanium & whatnot...it disagrees with the camera and causes this odd phenomenon, so I don't have me picture taken ;)...who knew?!

Ellen Edwards
09-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Well-you'll have to trust that I've finished both of these socks! And I knitted a square of this red to see if I liked doing the basketweave pattern. I did, but I can't decide what to use it for yet.

Ellen Edwards
09-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Yummy Yummy, InterNette!! :inlove: I LOVE that Oregon tote! Love the sweater...but I have never done a sweater and I don't even think I can...but I MIGHT be able ot do that awesome tote! If I can just finish the Booga Bag...the tote will be MINE. MWaaaa hahahahahahaha!aa :heart: :roflhard:

KellyK
09-02-2005, 07:32 AM
And, KK, in the past 10 yrs I have discovered that the camera puts an extra 40 to 50 lbs on me as oppossed to the normal 10 lbs with everyone else...
NO EXCUSES! :fingerwag: There is just NO way that your pins and plates & so on add an extra 40 lbs to your HEAD where your new specs sit! You can edit out your surgical sites and GIMME A PIC OF THOSE SPECS! :mrgreen:

(I like glasses....mine make me look smart and cover the fact that I never wear makeup!)

Ingrid
09-02-2005, 07:33 AM
thanks everyone, that bag was finished with much thanks to Ingrid for coming to the rescue when i had no idea how to do an icord edge. The wool was lambs pride in heather and oatmeal and my stripe in debby bliss. It felted in about 10 minutes actually, very easy but scary for me. My sweater was made in bernate and have to say I dont have a smooth tension or guage. I practiced on 2 dozen washcloths and 2 shawls and 2 purses and still it doesnt appear even and I am a little saddened.
Ingrid I dream of that sweater set of yours, how amazing wow.
I love those clogs, I have my pattern and my yarn just dont have the right size circulars yet.

I just wanted to point out that this is an example of how much yarn makes a difference. I don't consider myself a 'yarn snob' per se, but when you see the difference in your bag and the sweater, it's not your knitting skills, I believe it's the yarn.

So don't be down on yourself. You're doing fine, you just need to stay away from the lesser yarns for projects like sweaters. I think that's why Knitpicks is so good. Their yarn is good and their prices are low.

Ingrid
09-02-2005, 07:34 AM
And Ellen--your sock is adorable. And I believe you that you made two! ;)

rebecca
09-02-2005, 12:34 PM
And, KK, in the past 10 yrs I have discovered that the camera puts an extra 40 to 50 lbs on me as oppossed to the normal 10 lbs with everyone else...
NO EXCUSES! :fingerwag: There is just NO way that your pins and plates & so on add an extra 40 lbs to your HEAD where your new specs sit! You can edit out your surgical sites and GIMME A PIC OF THOSE SPECS! :mrgreen:

(I like glasses....mine make me look smart and cover the fact that I never wear makeup!)

I DETEST having my picture taken....perhaps after my haircut...but...DON'T hold your breath

javede
09-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Way behind again!
Kelly, love the scarf! I'm going to knit it too for christmas. How much yarn did you need?
Internette, great color choices! The bag is wonderfull!
Isamar, lovely shrug in my favorit color for automn-green.
And all the other projects are great too.

I've finished a bunch of stuff too:
~The first christmas present is finished. A cabled hat(coronat from knitty) for my dad
~probably christmas present number two(if I don't claim it for myself), a multidirectional scarf out of sockyarn.
~turqois cotton yarn shawl from the Kiri pattern(not sure I haven't posted this already). It's still not blocked, cause there's at the moment not enough space in my room.
~matching scarf for my mum's reggae bag.
~Lace scarf for a friends birthday out of GGH Safari

Ingrid
09-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Everything is wonderful! Lucky recipients!

InterNette
09-02-2005, 05:08 PM
My oh my that aqua shawl is beautiful, I love the detail and the color and that hat with the cool braid is wonderful, was that hard to do that braided edge?

koolbreeze
09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
~Isamar~ that is too cute!
~InterNette~ your Oregon tote is beautiful. very unique
~rebecca~ you can come to my house and help me get organized too. i'm glad you can see!

ekgheiy
09-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Way behind again! Good Job Javede!!! I'm especially lovin' the "mult.jpg" scarf :drool:

rebecca
09-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Javede.....FABULOUS....lol, I wish I were as behind as you...lol ;) ! Everything is beautiful.

Ellen Edwards
09-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Hey everyone- :inlove: -all's outstanding work! I love coming in here, it inspires me. But, it's 3:45 am and I'm still gawking at the pics!! (Well we didn't get home form eating out with friends until 12:30, but I've been sleepless in Virginia ever since!) :rollseyes:

So it's good to have this place to hang in when I get tired of from knitting--I didn't say tired OF--cause I don't--but my neck gets tired from it and then I get a headache.

By the way :heart: Jade--love the multiscarf!

Kudos to all of ya! :cheering:

Ellen Edwards
09-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Are so CUTE! CUTE ! CUTE!! :cheering:

I would love to see the cute baby that's attached to those pun'kin sweet feet. I call my 1 year-iold grandson "sweetfeet" cause I just like to nibble on 'em!! He's getting a little fed up with it now he's starting to walk--but I only see him 4 times a year, and nibble I WILL!
MEME has spoken. :thumbsup: :happydance:

Ingrid
09-03-2005, 09:33 AM
The Dale of Norway sweater is done, done, done!

brendajos
09-03-2005, 09:34 AM
omg...you guys impress me all the darn time! that sweater is beautiful and that hat up there has inspired me to try cables...umm...but not today! ;)

very nice work y'all!

Jackie M.
09-03-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm also amazed, brenda, and it is inspiring! One day, I will atempt something more than a scarf or a hat, but right now, I have to get those perfected and I'm doing so much better. I might even post the pics on here someday. ;)

knitqueen
09-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Ingrid, that's beautiful. Did you cut steeks on that one?

Ingrid
09-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Yes, there were steeks. It kind of backfired on me, though. The pattern called for me to knit the sleeves separately and then measure them against the body and cut that length. I wanted to attach the sleeves and knit them on, but I made the armhole too big. The first sleeve was enormous! I had to frog that and adjust my decreases to get them down to where they should have been. I should have counted better in the first place! So this is my three-sleeved sweater. ;)

dustinac
09-03-2005, 12:00 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You guys do such great work I need to get on the ball again LOL Everything looks wonderful : )

javede
09-03-2005, 12:13 PM
My oh my that aqua shawl is beautiful, I love the detail and the color and that hat with the cool braid is wonderful, was that hard to do that braided edge?

Not at all! Really, cables are much easier then they look. I think Amy has a video for it. Just grab some left over yarn and try it!

Javede.....FABULOUS....lol, I wish I were as behind as you...lol !

I meant behind this large thread and all the wonderfull projects posted.
I know, probably a bit early to start christmas gifts, but if I haven't everything by the end of november, I'm going to panic :oops:

P.S.:
WOW, Ingrid that sweater is BREATHTAKING!

KellyK
09-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Kelly, love the scarf! I'm going to knit it too for christmas. How much yarn did you need?
Thanks, Javede! I used three skeins of Encore, plus part of a 4th for the tassels.

That lace scarf is GAWGEOUS! What pattern did you use??

Ingrid...AMAZING!

LisaD715
09-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Finally, my booga is complete, it is drying now, Andrea (my sister) loved it!! It is for her birthday (Friday).

Ingrid
09-03-2005, 09:19 PM
That looks great. I'm glad your sister likes it. Good job!

rebecca
09-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Ingrid...loving the sweater!!
Lisa...WTG with your booga...very good job, your sis will :heart: :heart:

InterNette
09-03-2005, 09:56 PM
very brit looking booga, love it. Ingrid your my hero once again. Amazing skill you have.

Ingrid
09-03-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm not a queen, nor a hero. I just like to knit. End of story. :D

brendajos
09-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Lisa it looks great! What method to felt did you decide to use?

LisaD715
09-03-2005, 10:13 PM
I ran it through the washer twice today.......while I was washing sheets, put it in a pillow case.

Ellen Edwards
09-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Silver--I think I somehow missed the whole Norgi set--and I just wanted to tell you how beautiful it was, You and Ingrid have me dreaming of doing a sweater one day....I hope! ;)

javede
09-04-2005, 01:14 AM
That lace scarf is GAWGEOUS! What pattern did you use??

I found a pattern on the web, but it had a mistake in it(see post here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3329&highlight=)). Instead of emailing them, I looked through my stitch book and found the very same stitch pattern and used it to make the scarf. The only difference to the one on the website is the border(that's also were the mistake was).

Isamar
09-04-2005, 05:59 AM
Thank you all for the congrats. To be honest, Im proud as a chiken! ¿? Well we say: ando como pavoreal.

Excellent spanish all of you. And another good news:

I SOLD IT!

On friday, a friend of mine has a concert, an need desperatly something to match her new green trousers. She bought this one, and another I knitt along ago, with a different pattern.

IM SOOOO HAPPY :happydance:

LisaD715
09-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Thank you all for the congrats. To be honest, Im proud as a chiken! ¿? Well we say: ando como pavoreal.

We say proud as a peacock, which is I am sure a more realistic translation for what you say as well! Congrats!!

Isamar
09-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Just the same. Peacock and Pavoreal... Thanks Lisa

jodstr2
09-04-2005, 10:34 PM
verrrrrrry nice stuff everyone! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

hope you are all having a nice holiday weekend! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

supergeorgina
09-04-2005, 11:55 PM
I started this scarf in June--it's for my best friend (we go to school in Boston, so it will actually be put to good use!). I'm really happy with how it turned out since I kinda thought I'd never finish it.

Oh, and this is my first post at this great place, though I'm sure not my last!

HI EVERYBODY! :D

Ingrid
09-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Welcome! Your scarf is beautiful. I love the colors!

KellyK
09-05-2005, 02:40 AM
THAT is one HAPPY scarf!! Love it!

:waving: WELCOME!

Vendie
09-05-2005, 10:04 AM
ooooh, pretty scarf! one of these days i'll be able to post a finished scarf...one of these days...

Welcome to KH!! :waving:

rebecca
09-05-2005, 10:09 AM
:waving: and welcome to this wonderful world of :X: :XY: :XX: of all kinds :D ! I just :heart: :heart: your scarf!! I love scarves anyway and yours is just lovely. Your friend WILL put it to great use in Boston!! Here in the South we don't have too many very, very cold days...but I plan to have an array of scarves from which to choose ;)
Looking forward to getting to know you :D

dustinac
09-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the forum great scarf!! I love those colors..

Love the handbag too and the sweaters and the shawls.. :cheering: :cheering:

Here is a baby afghan I finished its my 2nd now working on my 3rd first one was for my daughter had the butterflies and flowers on it.. And my Zig Zag scarf.. ya can't really tell the pattern from the picture. I'm actually really excited about this scarf and Brendajosos shhhh hope mom likes it for Christmas!!!

grrr i guess they are to big will be back when I resize them..

dustinac
09-05-2005, 01:11 PM
ok lets try this... :cheering: :cheering: looks like its gonna work

Ingrid
09-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Beautiful, beautiful!! :happydance:

Silver
09-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Whew! I haven't been up to speed on the forums this week, and there's A LOT to catch up on!! Here goes!!

I bet Silver used fair isle bc she was knitting in the round...but..it is possible to do intarsia in the round; just not the easiest of things...of course, Sil could do it Wink . Yes, it was fair isle. I haven't even done intarsia before. I'm not a big fan of it. But thanks for the vote of confidence, even though I think you're a wee bit crazy. LOL

Kome, the hat is really cool. I love the loose knit look, very funky!

Kelly, the cabled scarf REALLY turned out NICE!!! I WANT ONE!

gimmesanity, your clogs look wonderful, even if they're not perfect. Only you will notice that anyway. My bumpers aren't perfect either.

InterNette, *I* think the sweater looks lovely, even if you don't think so.
Your Oregon Tote... OMG. I think that's my favorite felted purse I've seen anywhere. I really, really love it!!

Isamar, love the shrug! It turned out beautifully!

Ellen, what a cute little socky-doo. :)

javede, Fabulous stuff, but I have to say I love that lace scarf most of all. I just finished a lace scarf myself. Don't you love lace??

Ingrid :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: It's BEAUTIFUL!!!
That's on my to-do list too. It's soooo great to see that you've finished it! Now, how about that butterfly shawl? ;)

LisaD, fabbo booga bag, very patriotic!

supergeorgina, welcome, and that scarf is lovely. So fun!!

dustin, great job on the baby afghan and scarf!

Whew! ALL caught up! :cheering:
(I hope I didn't miss anyone.)

Silver
09-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Here's a couple of my recently finished objects. Woot! I finished my Celtic Socks! And, here's my Estonian Garden Lace Scarf that I started like, forever ago, and finally had the time to finish it. It's 45% cashmere, 55% silk... OMG, it feels like BUTTER! Now I'm improvising a pair of matching gloves, because I still have about 390 yards of this LOVELY yarn left. :happydance:

Ingrid
09-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! :cheering:

rebecca
09-05-2005, 06:04 PM
I bet Silver used fair isle bc she was knitting in the round...but..it is possible to do intarsia in the round; just not the easiest of things...of course, Sil could do it Wink . Yes, it was fair isle. I haven't even done intarsia before. I'm not a big fan of it. But thanks for the vote of confidence, even though I think you're a wee bit crazy. LOL

First, thank you very much for just saying 'wee bit crazy' and not full on crazy ;) !!!

And....just WOW, what more can I say?! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Very stunning as I have come to expect!! most excellent :happydance: :happydance:
You so know I love socks and have my bday date down, right, it is in Dec..that info is for everyone, by the way..I'm happy with all things knitting and jewelry related ;)

punkhippiemom
09-05-2005, 06:22 PM
..that info is for everyone, by the way..I'm happy with all things knitting and jewelry related
:roflhard: So subtle, Becka...
I posted these on my blog (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3367&start=135)(and you can see the ugly 1st try there, too :help: ) but I was so thrilled at finishing
MY FIRST *PAIR* OF SOCKS
that I had to share with y'all.
But first, lemme say - Silver - WOW! Love the scarf. A pair of lacy wrist cuff thingies (that's a technical term btw ;) ) would look great with that...
Love the booga bag, too Lisa - is that felted??Veddy cool. And Isamar, that color looks great on you...
Oh, forget it, I like all the stuff and it's gonna take me forever to type em all in - everyone give yourselves a pat on the back :cheering: :cheering: from me!!

KellyK
09-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks, Sil!! MUAH! :heart:

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE that scarf! Fiber Trends patterns just RAWK! Your sox turned out GREAT, too!

PHM, look at those cute socksies on those cute feetsies!! WUV 'EM!

rebecca
09-05-2005, 07:22 PM
..that info is for everyone, by the way..I'm happy with all things knitting and jewelry related
:roflhard: So subtle, Becka...

My sweet other Rebecca...you are learning...I am NOT known for my subtlety; that wouldn't get me very far ;) .
I must say that my 1st pair of socks, one is MUCH larger than the other with holes everywhere & the other isn't much better, just a tad smaller ;), certainly wouldn't stay on my feet unless I tied them on with yarn .
Now...those darling socks with those precious feet in them are WONDERFUL :cheering: :cheering: .
You must now be WARNED!!!!! You can say bye-bye :waving: to life as a non-sock knitter and say HELLO :waving: To the ever growing "Socknitter Addicts Club" you will become a card carrying member, most do! And it is a lifelong membership; no 12 stepping for us...who would want?! Welcome to sock knitting ;)

punkhippiemom
09-05-2005, 09:59 PM
look at those cute socksies on those cute feetsies!! WUV 'EM! Mmmmm.... they look yummy, don't they?? ;)
You must now be WARNED!!!!! You can say bye-bye to life as a non-sock knitter and say HELLO To the ever growing "Socknitter Addicts Club" you will become a card carrying member, most do! And it is a lifelong membership; no 12 stepping for us...who would want?! Welcome to sock knitting
:thumbsup: Glad to be a member!
~places hand over her heart~
"I do solemnly swear that no foot shall go naked in my presence.
For as long as there is yarn, and DPN's, all those around me shall have warm feet, through sleet, through snow, and dark of night.
This is the sock knitter's pledge."
:cheering: Now it's official!!!

rebecca
09-05-2005, 10:12 PM
:thumbsup: Glad to be a member!
~places hand over her heart~
"I do solemnly swear that no foot shall go naked in my presence.
For as long as there is yarn, and DPN's, all those around me shall have warm feet, through sleet, through snow, and dark of night.
This is the sock knitter's pledge."
:cheering: Now it's official!!!

:cheering: :cheering: WTG......now we have an official oath :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

punkhippiemom
09-05-2005, 10:17 PM
:thinking: Yeah... but I'm kind of thinking about replacing 'warm feet' with 'toasty tootsies', it's more alliterative...

snephenie
09-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Well with the kids starting school, and my work schedule changing I haven't had much time to knit. But I did manage to finish this bag. I started doing the booga bag, but didn't make it as big as the pattern called for because my two year old wanted it. LOL.

Ingrid
09-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Very nice! I like the combinations of colors. :D

punkhippiemom
09-05-2005, 11:21 PM
:?? I thought I read somewhere that white yarn wouldn't felt...Is that just a 'natural' color, rather than white?

Oops - meant to tell you nice bag :oops: I loove the green and blue next to each other, looks so ocean-y...

KellyK
09-05-2005, 11:44 PM
GREAT colors! I LOVE that no 2 boogas are ever alike!

Yvonne
09-06-2005, 08:43 AM
I keep forgetting to take photos of my finished projects before I give them away!
This time I remembered. It's a wrap done in red laceweight mohair which I bought at a rummage sale, believe it or not.

Yvonne
09-06-2005, 08:45 AM
AACCK. Why are my pictures always so gigantic? Help me, Mod Squad!
Of course, the obligatory knitter's cat is on the floor to the right of the chair, behind the fountain.....
And of course my photo is ultra-crappy and out of focus. I'm a rotten photographer.

punkhippiemom
09-06-2005, 09:04 AM
The wrap looks beautiful!! I can't believe you found mohair at a rummage sale :thinking: I need to try that...
To get my pics smaller, I always open it with MSPaint, click 'Image", click 'stretch/skew', enter 25 in the horizontal stretch box, 25 in the vertical stretch box, then click enter or OK. Shrinks it down to 25% of the original size, which is a good size for the board. :thumbsup: Good Luck!

Yvonne
09-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey, that worked really well! Thanks for the hints; I'll remember that.
Yes, I found mohair at a rummage sale, lots of kinds. Actually, I got it last May. There were two huge garbage bags of yarn which I bought sight unseen for $15.00!!!!!!!! I took them home and dug through looking for treasures. Believe me, it was a gold mine. There was junky yarn which I gave to my daughter, but lots of good stuff too. This mohair had no label, but there were other similar ones in the bag that were La Gran (did I spell that right?). It might be that, except it's laceweight and I don't know if they ever made that weight.

Yvonne
09-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Silver, I love that lace scarf!
I'm waiting for my Knitpicks order to get here so I can make something out of the book Lavish Lace. I want to make everything in that book. (drool)

InterNette
09-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Love that Booga bag, great color selection. I love anything Mohair, fantastic buy. Those baby socks are too adorable. I havent done any socks yet but I sure want to.

dustinac
09-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone : )

Silver love the socks and that scarf is soo pretty!!

Love the bag great jobs on all the booga bags!! :cheering: :cheering:

kome
09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
So I meant to do the "Queen of Hearts" bikini from the Stitch N' Bitch book but uh... I didn't quite 'get' the pattern. I kept getting confused so I just made my own pattern. :rollseyes:

It turned out so small it would fit a 12 year old better than me. It barely covers my nipples and I didn't bother to use a chart for the hearts so one of them looks blobish. However.... it's so skimpy that I decided to make it lingere and am almost done making the g-string bottom. The only problem is that I didn't realize in time I was making the heart upside down and decided "Screw it!" and made it a diamond. :roflhard:

Intarsia wasn't nearly as hard as I thought! It was so easy once I figured it out that I couldn't believe I was fretting so much over it!

Note: It was inappropriate to show from front view because of how small it is. Haha. :thumbsup: My man LOVES it. :roflhard: :roflhard:

P.S. I love everything everyone has been posting! I haven't been home much so I apologize for not responding. When I'm here I'm knitting. Hehehe. To knit a sweater I go!!!

kemp
09-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Wow...I am behind on this thread (as usual). Of course, all the projects are awesome (also, as usual). congrats to PHM on your first socks...very cute! And Ingrid, the sweater...wow. I'm sure there has already been much discussion about that! Kome...woah! I know my man would like that top too ;)

I haven't been around much here lately...we were out of town and then my MIL was just here and I have been posting all my knitting stuff to my blog rather than here (bad, bad, KH member) More details of my adventures there.

Anyway, here is what I have done the last couple of weeks (oh, and please don't make fun of my sock heels...I do it on purpose...I must have deformed feet...I swear they actually look normal on and fit me perfectly) I just decided to put them and take a pic now to prove it.

kome
09-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Love the socks Kemp! They're so happy. I love anything with rainbow colors. Eeeeeeeeee. *O* I'm afraid to knit on anything except straight needles for the time being. I'm going to give it a shot after I finish this sweater though. I have enough projects going as it is!

And that tank is so cute! :heart:

Aby
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
:shock: nice top Kome.. heh

love those socks, Kemp.. soooo cute. Nice tank, too. Adorable baby booties

I finished my father in law's scarf. Now I just need to make the cap to match.

http://intheclique.com/woolease.jpg

kemp
09-06-2005, 03:12 PM
oooh...nice manly colors. What yarn did you use...the fabric looks so tight and perfect.

Aby
09-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I ended up using the wool ease that I was fretting about in my blog. I was going to use it to make him a hat but then I couldn't work with it. I was about to give up when I thought I would try something simple like a scarf and now that I've worked with it, I actually like it. So, now I need to get another skein of mushroom so I can knit up the matching hat. :happydance:

kome
09-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Ohhh, I love that yarn Aby. How do you finish a scarf so quickly?!?! I got bored with mine and haven't touched it in a week. It has 2.5 feet on it and I started it over 2 weeks ago. :roflhard: I keep doing other projects instead. Scarves aren't a big thing here in Florida though.

koolbreeze
09-06-2005, 03:56 PM
i finished my second pair of booties! and they fit!!!!! yay :cheering:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0906finishedbootie20052.jpg

Krickett showing her footsies!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0906finishedbootie20055.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0906finishedbootie20053.jpg

punkhippiemom
09-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Kome - whose man wouldn't like that? :roflhard:
Thanks, Kemp for noticing my little sockies :D I love the fact that you're wearing one pair and knitting another in that last pic :thumbsup: And that tank top- The lace bit is so pretty, but we seem to have an epidemic of headless-horseman-itis going around... :thinking:
Aby, great job on the scarf - are you making just a sticking cap, or are you doing ribbing or cables or other fun stuff?? The colors are awesome - I would make that for me.
:thumbsup: YAY I love FO's
(and in the case of the baby socks, former UFO's ;) )

punkhippiemom
09-06-2005, 03:59 PM
:roflhard: I love the booties, Carmell, but they look like they're eating her!! :roflhard: Oh, she is so adorable...I miss my boys being babies... :crying:

kome
09-06-2005, 04:02 PM
:roflhard: I love the booties, Carmell, but they look like they're eating her!! :roflhard: Oh, she is so adorable...I miss my boys being babies... :crying:

:roflhard: :roflhard: MONSTER BOOTIES!! They are SO cute though. I love them. :)

koolbreeze
09-06-2005, 04:11 PM
ya'll are funny!
Kome you brave girl... they don't cover enough for me but its cute anyway!

Aby~that scarf looks warm!!! nice and comfy!

Rebecca~i'm going to have try some socks one of theses days... they're so cute when they are on little feet!!

punkhippiemom
09-06-2005, 04:26 PM
You've totally inspired me - my DS the younger will be getting Elmo or Cookie Monster slippers for Xmas!!

kemp
09-06-2005, 04:47 PM
oh...I forgot to point out...did anyone notice the background on my picture of the socks on my feet? hehe

ekgheiy
09-06-2005, 05:44 PM
:happydance: Everything looks so good here!!!

oh...I forgot to point out...did anyone notice the background on my picture of the socks on my feet? hehe ... Well ... um ... sure I did ... :eyebrow: :doh: hehehe...

KellyK
09-06-2005, 06:18 PM
If I looked like Kome, Id never wear anything BUT that bikini top!! :eyebrow:

LOVELY FO's everybody! I WANT MONSTER FEETSIES!!!

koolbreeze
09-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I WANT MONSTER FEETSIES!!!

:roflhard:
is that what i should be calling them!?

Aby
09-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Kome, thanks..actually with the different blocks of color, this scarf seemed to go really fast. I guess because I was doing it in sections and the sections just kept adding up. Yeah, I'm in Florida.. but my FIL is actually in Kansas. So I know he really can use this scarf.

punkhippiemom, I will be making this (http://www.needlebeetle.com/free/seacap.htm) hat. I've made it several times, using canadiana.. so I will have to adjust for gauge but I really love this pattern. My version though, will have the cranberry and forest green stripes just above the fold up flap.. but the majority of it will be done in the mushroom color.. just like the scarf.

Aby
09-06-2005, 09:44 PM
koolbreeze, I don't know which is more adorable.. those booties or that baby.. okay, hands down, that baby.. but those booties totally compliment her.. soooo cute.

dustinac
09-06-2005, 10:02 PM
I love those booties!! To bad I didn't take this up when mine were baby babies... :(

Kome love the top!! I'm sure your dbf does enjoy it :lol:

Mer
09-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Cuuuute stuff everyone! Koolbreeze, I love those booties! Kelly, the SnB Nation book has big-girl sized fluffy monster slippers!

And Kome, good job on winging the bikini! My DH wants me to make this set (http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATTpetitchou.html), but uh...that may have to wait a while.

punkhippiemom
09-07-2005, 06:52 AM
That's a great hat, Aby - My boys have outgrown the ones I made for them last year, I think I'll make them a couple of those for this winter...
Kemp, what is that in the background :?? I can't tell...

DotMom61
09-07-2005, 08:59 AM

Excellent spanish all of you. And another good news:

I SOLD IT!

On friday, a friend of mine has a concert, an need desperatly something to match her new green trousers. She bought this one, and another I knitt along ago, with a different pattern.

IM SOOOO HAPPY :happydance:

¡Congratulacion!

I knew you would find someone to buy it; I bet she looked gorgeous!

kemp
09-07-2005, 08:59 AM
My computer screen with knittinghelp of course :)

Carmell those booties are awesome!

mshelton
09-08-2005, 11:25 AM
I just finished the Cosy shawl! I used Woolease Sportweight, used two strands and upped the needle size as recommended by Ingrid. (Thanks!) I also casted on 109 to make bigger.

rebecca
09-08-2005, 12:28 PM
My goodness, I haven't been here in a day or 2 and everyone has been so BUSY!! WTG one & all!
Snephanie...loving the booga bag..luv the colors, just love the booga :thumbsup:
Yvonne.... :heart: :heart: the red lace wrap
KOME...girl, u r too much ;) ; you are a brave knitter that throws caution to the wind, way to knit!!!
Kemp, you have been a busy, buys girl!! loving the socks, if they fit, this is what matters!! too cute booties & tank...busy, busy ;)
Aby, oh, you FIL is going to love his scarf!!
Carmell, now that's what I call BOOTIES!! :thumbsup:
msheldon...I love that lace wrap, it's beautiful

ekgheiy
09-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I just finished the Cosy shawl! I used Woolease Sportweight, used two strands and upped the needle size as recommended by Ingrid. (Thanks!) I also casted on 109 to make bigger. It's beautiful MsShelton! Is that the Cozy from Knitty? :?? That one has been in my TTK list from some time. :)

mshelton
09-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Opps, yep, you're right-- It's the Cozy shawl from Knitty.com.
http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTcozy.html

kome
09-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Cuuuute stuff everyone! Koolbreeze, I love those booties! Kelly, the SnB Nation book has big-girl sized fluffy monster slippers!

And Kome, good job on winging the bikini! My DH wants me to make this set (http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATTpetitchou.html), but uh...that may have to wait a while.

I want to make http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATT1930.html and http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATThush.html

That shawl looks soooo comfy. :heart:

KellyK
09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
OOH! I cant WAIT to make me a Cozy! Yours turned out GREAT!

Ingrid
09-08-2005, 03:40 PM
The Cozy looks gorgeous!! Good job!!!

joyt
09-09-2005, 12:23 AM
North Country Cotton Baby Socks free pattern posted on this web site.

A special thanks to SILVER for her sock 101 class and instruction!

knitqueen
09-09-2005, 12:39 AM
CUTE!!! :heart:

I made one ( :oops: ) of those socks and it turned out great. NOW to make the second sock and actually GIVE them to someone who has a child with feet that small! :happydance:

joyt
09-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Thanks! I really guess that starting out with a pattern that is easy or for the beginner sock person, you can really finish a pair.

Next I hope to work on an other pattern.
regards,

ekgheiy
09-09-2005, 10:09 AM
North Country Cotton Baby Socks free pattern posted on this web site. A special thanks to SILVER for her sock 101 class and instruction! Good job, Knitser! Good Job! ;)

Sara
09-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Koolbreeze, that baby is GORGEOUS! The booties make her look like she's morphing into a muppet from the feet up! :rofling: What pattern did you use?

InterNette
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
those socks are so adorable. I love , love , love that shawl, it is beautiful. I love shawls they are wonderful for everything dress up, warmth, travel multi uses etc. I can never have enough shawls, I might have to give that one a go. You did sensational on it, thanks for showing that.

LisaD715
09-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Kome....I LOVE that nightie!!!!! Cannot wait to see the finished project!! What color are you thinking?

kemp
09-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I would love to make that nightie too...but it calls for #2 needles! I don't think I have the patience to make anything that big with needles that are so small.

koolbreeze
09-09-2005, 02:18 PM
thanks everybody

~Sara~ i got the pattern from here felted mary jane booties (www.stonyhillfiberarts.com/footwear/)

i missed the nightie...must go back!

koolbreeze
09-09-2005, 02:57 PM
ooo that nighty is cute.... think if i start now i'll have one done by Feb?!?!?

kome
09-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Kome....I LOVE that nightie!!!!! Cannot wait to see the finished project!! What color are you thinking?

I like the peach a lot actually, but I can't make it yet anyways. I still have many skillz to learnz! :lol:

LisaD715
09-09-2005, 05:39 PM
You can do it!! I have faith!! I can see so many people in my family wearing that....maybe next Christmas I will be up for that.....

meknitter
09-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Just caught up with everyone's finished projects - WOW, WOW and double WOW!!! BEAUTIFULLLLLLL!!!!

You have inspired me! Finished several projects - just waiting for DH to bring the digital camera home from work.

Getting ready to knit up a gauge for a vest pattern I just got, and plan to start tomorrow.

Great job everyone. In fact, I'm going to view all your gorgeous work again!

misstialouise
09-09-2005, 09:32 PM
This bear is sooo adorable.

Titchy as it is it will bring lots of smiles to a lot of titchy peeps that I know

:D

So quick to make up too!

margie
09-09-2005, 10:09 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

For whatever reason, I hadn't really looked at much of this thread- I've been paging on through, and I can't believe how beautiful everything is!! I am having such a hard time with this dang sweater, I can't imagine being able to make something as georgous as these.............

:thumbsup: to everyone!!!!!

punkhippiemom
09-09-2005, 10:10 PM
This bear is sooo adorable. Awwww! :inlove: How cute!! I gotta make some!! What pattern did you use?

Julie
09-09-2005, 11:27 PM
:inlove:

(The bear pattern is in the new Knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTbubby.html).)

Ingrid
09-09-2005, 11:33 PM
That was quick! That pattern just came out! It's adorable!

meknitter
09-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Just saw that bear pattern last night - you are good!

Looks great! Another thing to add to my never ending list.

punkhippiemom
09-10-2005, 11:01 AM
:?? I didn't get my email about the new Knitty....have to check it out ...

Mer
09-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Finished my first Christmas gift! This is a scarf for my dad with Plymouth baby alpaca grande--it's a blue/green shade (doesn't show up well in the pictures-almost looks brown in the bottom pic). I used the mock cable scarf pattern from SnB Nation.

punkhippiemom
09-10-2005, 03:13 PM
MMMMM..... baby alpaca.... I love the stitch pattern in that.... Great looking scarf :thumbsup:

Ingrid
09-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Looks great! I like the stitch pattern, too. Looks good on both sides.

Mer
09-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys! I'm not happy with the bind-off I chose, but my dad won't care. ;)

InterNette
09-10-2005, 08:50 PM
M shelton that cozy shawl is haunting me, it is soooo pretty. Did you use silk to make it? I dont have silk on hand and am not sure all the rules on substituting yarns. Yours is so wonderful.

Ingrid
09-10-2005, 08:54 PM
I used the silk called for to make a Cozy, and hers, I'm sure is softer than mine. I hadn't used silk before, so I wanted to try it. If I make it again, I'll use wool or a blend.

Ingrid
09-10-2005, 08:58 PM
It's been drying for 12 hours now :rollseyes: but here is a picture of the scarf I finished from the Tahki Murano. I used the leave pattern from an afghan square in the Great American Aran Afghan book with a seed stitch edge. I was concerned how the back would look, but it has a sort of wide cable-ish pattern, so either way it won't look ugly.

InterNette
09-11-2005, 09:30 AM
That is beautiful Ingrid, I love the pattern.

ekgheiy
09-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Well done on the leaves, Ingrid! Very pretty! ;)

Ingrid
09-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Thank you, ladies!

dustinac
09-11-2005, 11:02 AM
ya'll have been busy little bees!! Great work!! The booties are so cute!!! Love the scarfs and the bear is adorable!!! Love the vines scarf!! :cheering: :cheering:

punkhippiemom
09-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Ingrid, love the scarf! Is it as fluffy and soft as it looks?? :drooling: Oops, sorry, didn't mean to drool on it....

Ingrid
09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
It's got a lot of body to it which is kind of good so it won't just collapse on itself.

KellyK
09-11-2005, 12:48 PM
SO nice, Ingy!

Mer
09-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Lovely, Ingrid!

I've been a finishing machine this weekend! Well, sorta. But I finished my lace trim bolero! Let me tell ya, the lace edging took forever!!! But I'm quite happy with the finished result. I don't think I'll use LB Microspun again though, too splitty.

I made sure to include a picture with my head so Kelly won't yell at me. :angelgrin:

Ingrid
09-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Very nice! Superb workmanship! And a good head!

knitqueen
09-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Mer, that's beautiful!! And your seams are perfect. Way to go! :cheering:

punkhippiemom
09-11-2005, 06:20 PM
:X I am not saying ANYTHING!!!!!
Pretty sweater, Mer - and pretty you!!!

Ingrid
09-11-2005, 06:22 PM
:X I am not saying ANYTHING!!!!!
Pretty sweater, Mer - and pretty you!!!

Good self-control!!

gimmesanity
09-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Gorgeous stuff, everyone! Ingrid, as always, BEAUTIFUL!!

Mer, your bolero looks amazing...your seams are perfect!

~Sharon

punkhippiemom
09-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Good self-control!!
:verysad: It's sooooooo hard to be good.....

InterNette
09-11-2005, 07:24 PM
That bolero is beautiful. I really like the detailing. Your a very attractive lady you should always put your head in the picture.

kome
09-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Wow Mer! Perfect and beautiful! I really love that! It looks so silky. OooooooOOOOOoooo...

kitkat
09-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Just caught up on everyone's stuff, and all I can say is WOW! Good job everyone! I seriously need to get over my knitters ADD, focus and get a project done!

Mer
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks everyone for your nice compliments! :D

Isamar
09-12-2005, 02:19 AM
WOW

That Bolero is just Be-U-tifull. Nice work Mer!

KellyK
09-12-2005, 07:57 AM
LovelyI made sure to include a picture with my head so Kelly won't yell at me. :angelgrin: Very nice! And a good head! Mer, that's beautiful!! Pretty sweater, Mer - and pretty you!!! Your a very attractive lady you should always put your head in the picture. Perfect and beautiful! I really love that!
SEE??? EVERYONE loves your head!!!

Here's a new song in honor of it:
(To the tune of Pore Jud is Daid from Oklahoma...please see Mer's blog for full back story)

:happydance:
Mer's got a haid
Yayy, Mer's got a haid
It had got cut awf by her pitcher-takin' thing
But now she knows she's purty
And her hair is never durty
So a new Haid song Im pleased to write and sing!
:happydance:

Mer
09-12-2005, 08:28 AM
And I'll be singing that song all day today just to celebrate this very special occasion!

:rofling:

Ellen Edwards
09-12-2005, 02:46 PM
INGRID--BEAUTIFUL SCARF--LOVE THAT COLOR AND THE CABLES! AND MER--YOU AND YOUR BOLERO LOOK LOVELY. WISH I WAS AS SKINNY AS YOU!! ;)

meknitter
09-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Beeeea-u-tiful!! Scarf - bolero... glad you kept the head in :lol: Just love the lace edge and raglan sleeve.

Nice job everyone!! :happydance: :happydance:

koolbreeze
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
ME TOO!!!! but the bolero is cute
and i like your scarf Ingrid

here is my kitty bed done... and my sister says it is too small for her kitty. :verysad: i think she can curl up in it and fit nicely!!! so i guess she will use it for something.
pre felted
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0912kittypi0049.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0912kittypi0051.jpg

blocking
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0912kittypi0054.jpg

done!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0912kittypi0057.jpg

Ingrid
09-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Thank you everyone!

Koolbreeze--that bed is beautiful. I think I'd keep it on a table and display something in it, other than a cat, that is.

koolbreeze
09-12-2005, 06:29 PM
thats what i said. i told here that i was really pound of it and she is lucky it doesn't match my decor or would keep it!

Mer
09-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Love the colors, koolbreeze! :thumbsup:

punkhippiemom
09-12-2005, 07:36 PM
:shock: Oooooh, pretty... Love the fun fur around the edge...although I'm sure the kitty will add enough of its own...

javede
09-13-2005, 04:24 AM
Wonderful things, ladies!
Mer, that scarf looks really "manly". That would be a great pattern for my aunts husband(business man).
The bolero is sweet too. Really no need to hide(sais queen of head-less photos :lol: )

koolbreeze, the kitty bed is just lovely! Is it really as sturdy as it looks? Somehow my felted projects are never really sturdy :??

I've also got a few things finished. Pictures
here (http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/2005/09/left-which-left.html) at my blog.(Sorry, to lazy to resize them to post here)

ekgheiy
09-13-2005, 08:45 AM
[...]I've also got a few things finished. Pictures
here (http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/2005/09/left-which-left.html) at my blog. [...] Nice work javede! Honeymoon is my fav ;) Is that the cami from Knitty?

koolbreeze
09-13-2005, 09:03 AM
thanks everyone!
~javede~ It is somewhat strudy. i sprayed it with liquid starch while it was drying. lovely projects. y don't you like pics of yourself?

punkhippiemom
09-13-2005, 09:47 AM
:thumbsup: One Christmas present down, only two bajillion left to go...

dustinac
09-13-2005, 11:14 AM
You guys never fail to amaze me with ya's work!!! Great job everyone!!!

:shifty: I'm still working on a fall swap that has to be in the mail by this weekend.. I have one done out of the 6 :rollseyes:

Silver
09-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Everything is so wonderful! Really! I'm never disappointed when I visit the FO thread. What a productive group we are! :cheering:

wildforyarn
09-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Kitkat, I loved it when you said you have to get past your knitting ADD (or however you exactly put it). That is exactly how I have been feeling lately! ;)

Koolbreeze, I love the kitty bed. It is beautiful and I hope some special kitty loves it!

Great work everyone!!

snephenie
09-14-2005, 03:15 AM
Well here are a few finished projects...Simple but FINISHED!! ;)

I am loving the Bernat Bling Bling yarn, it works up so nicely and quick on 15's ;)

Then the other is Tuti something, for a friend's daughter.

Then a bookmark for my scriptures that I just did this evening. This yarn was in the $1 bin at Target...I LOVE that store. :)

I want to finish my clogs, but I need peace and quiet (counting, counting, counting) and with 3 kids....maybe they will be good for the nursing home.

KellyK
09-14-2005, 07:20 AM
LOVE the Fall colors on that bookmark!

Isnt that Moda Dea Tutu FUN? :cheering:

Good job, Steph!

dustinac
09-14-2005, 08:14 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Love it all you did a great Job!!

I'm gonna try to stay caught up better on this thread :oo:

kemp
09-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Everything looks awesome! Snephanie, what color is that bling scarf? I really like the way it looks.

Couldn't wait to use the yarn I bought yesterday at Tuesday Morning, so I made this hat. If you can believe it...it only took an hour! The yarn was easy to work...it looked to me initially like it might be a pain. Might make good x-mas presents??? I'm going to look for some more of it today.

The "pattern" is on my blog if anyone is interested.

kemp
09-14-2005, 09:58 AM
All of the scarves are awesome! Snephanie, what color is that bling scarf? I really like the way it looks.

Cool Kitty bed even if it is too small :)

Couldn't wait to use the yarn I bought yesterday at Tuesday Morning, so I made this hat. If you can believe it...it only took an hour! Might make good x-mas presents. I'm going to look for some more of it today.

The "pattern" (if you want to call something so simple a pattern!) is on my blog if anyone is interested.

rebecca
09-14-2005, 10:41 AM
:D OMGoodness, I should really check here EVERY day!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Wonderful work all around :happydance: :happydance:
I have the Cosy on my 'To Do List' too, with the 'lace cap' from Knitty to go with...I think we all have such wonderful taste! ;)
Joyt...those baby socks are just too adorable!! :D
Ok, misstialouise...I'm just :heart:in' the bear!!
Mer, I :heart: :inlove: :heart: the scarf & the color...great gift!! & your bolero is gorgeous...as are u ;)
Ingrid, I LOVE, LOVE your scarf!! My next project is 'Branching Out' from Knitty, your leaves reminded me of it ;) (I :heart: Knitty!!)
Carmell...I'm luvin' the kitty bed...one of my kitties would :heart: it!!! The other won't fit in anything (15-17lbs...he fluctuates..lol!)
Rebecca- :heart: the scarf!!
Steph- :inlove: EVERYTHING!! esp. the bookmark, I need one ;)
Kemp-fast, aren't ya..with your new yarn?! loving' the hat!!
JOBS WELL DONE :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

MaryS
09-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Kemp,

I can't get to your blog thru the link. I think they added more filters on the work network. :crying:

Could you post the url for your blog, or maybe post the pattern for that WONDERFUL hat?
What yarn did you use? :?? It looks like a bulky weight, which is what I'm using for my nieces Xmas presents.

Pretty Please, with sugar and HATS on it! :happydance:

Thanks,

Mary

MaryS
09-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Kemp,

I logged off and back on and was able to get to your blog. :happydance:

Got the pattern :cheering:

I'm going to use Crystal Palace Musique that I have left from DD's sweater.

Thanks a lot. :heart:

Mary

KellyK
09-14-2005, 11:54 AM
CARMELL....HOW DID I MISS THAT AWESOME KITTY BED??? It sis just TOO cool! Ya know...if your sister REALLY doesnt want it (she's a goofball IMHO...cats LOVE to curl up in things that are too small!) then you could always donate it to a local no-kill kitty shelter! There was a KAL in August for just that purpose!

Kemp...CUTE CUTE hat!

kemp
09-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks guys! Just got back from two other area Tuesday Mornings but I couldn't find any more of the yarn that I used for the hat! I did get some other think and thin yarn though, so I might try another one in that.

Mer, that Bolero is awesome...way to not chop your head off :)

dustinac
09-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Kemp great hat!!! :cheering:

javede
09-14-2005, 01:23 PM
[...]I've also got a few things finished. Pictures
here (http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/2005/09/left-which-left.html) at my blog. [...] Nice work javede! Honeymoon is my fav ;) Is that the cami from Knitty?

Thanks! Yes it's honeymoon cami, but I used the modified pattern on the designers homepage (http://mindofwinter.prettyposies.com/archives/000162.html).

kemp
09-14-2005, 01:38 PM
javede...I was just checking out your blog...you have been busy! I can't believe your mom didn't mention the sleeves to you :)

koolbreeze
09-14-2005, 03:19 PM
~kelly~THATS WHAT I TOLD HER!!!! she said no my cat likes to spread out! :rollseyes: i'm like no she won't once she sees the bed i knit her with LOVE!!!! :heart: she "forgot" it at my house! :oo: i think she did it on prupose... see why i don't knit things for people outside my imediate family! :rollseyes:

jodstr2
09-14-2005, 03:37 PM
that kitty bed ROCKS! :cheering: :inlove: :cheering: :inlove:

I wanna make one! :D

kemp
09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
carmell...did you use the kitty pi pattern or something else?

koolbreeze
09-14-2005, 05:25 PM
thanks jodi!
kemp~ yeah its the kitty pi pattern. at first it looks really funky but it was cool after i felted it!

i told my sister what you all said now she wants it and she wants me to make a bigger one! :rollseyes:

KellyK
09-14-2005, 06:53 PM
OH FER CRYIN OUT LOUD!! Cant she let the CAT decide if it wants a bigger one???? :rollseyes:

InterNette
09-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Where would buy a pattern like that kitty bed? My cats would love one. The lay all over my projects and like to be all snuggly and buried practically. I adore that bed, i bet my shelter would appreciate a couple donated as well.

Ingrid
09-14-2005, 07:56 PM
http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm

It's free!

InterNette
09-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Wow that is wonderful, I love it. With my sisters 3 cats, my moms 3 and my 2 i will be very busy for christmas gifts.

koolbreeze
09-14-2005, 09:16 PM
OH FER CRYIN OUT LOUD!! Cant she let the CAT decide if it wants a bigger one???? :rollseyes:
i'm gonna tell her u said that!!! ;)

KellyK
09-14-2005, 09:23 PM
PLEASE DO! :lol:

mintdee
09-14-2005, 09:26 PM
I loooove that bed! I wanna make it but I have never even used dpn. Sigh one thing at a time. Learn to knit first! :rollseyes:

jodstr2
09-14-2005, 09:34 PM
yeah I'm intimidated by the dpn part of the Kitty Pi as well. I've only used dpns so far to make i-cords and 3-needle bo.

Debbie
09-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I knitted the smallest size .... which was supposed to be a size 1. It was going to be for my baby granddaughter. I could tell by the collar that it was going to be way to big. My 5yo granddaughter is a little peanut ... it is a bit small for her .... but she thinks it is PERFECT! She loves, loves, loves ladybugs :) Once it goes into the washer and dryer and in a few months it will belong to baby sister. I have another one on the needles two sizes up. I am also using one size smaller needle so the stitches will be closer together. (LionBrand cottonease)

This is my FIRST "GARMENT" !!!!!

Debbie
09-14-2005, 10:12 PM
I knitted the smallest size .... which was supposed to be a size 1. It was going to be for my baby granddaughter. I could tell by the collar that it was going to be way to big. My 5yo granddaughter is a little peanut ... it is a bit small for her .... but she thinks it is PERFECT! She loves, loves, loves ladybugs :) Once it goes into the washer and dryer and in a few months it will belong to baby sister. I have another one on the needles two sizes up. I am also using one size smaller needle so the stitches will be closer together. (LionBrand cottonease)

This is my FIRST "GARMENT" !!!!!

Ingrid
09-14-2005, 10:20 PM
She looks great in it! Nice job on the sweater, nice job on the genetics!! ;)

Debbie
09-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks ... NO problem to get her to "try on" or pose for a picture.

KellyK
09-14-2005, 10:32 PM
LOOK how PROUD she is!! GREAT job!

punkhippiemom
09-14-2005, 10:50 PM
:roflhard: What a little ham!!! :heart: She's soo cute!!
The sweater looks GREAT, too!! Very nice job!

jodstr2
09-14-2005, 10:57 PM
:inlove: beautiful sweater and daughter, Debbie! congratulations!!! :happydance: :cheering: :heart:

InterNette
09-14-2005, 11:38 PM
that sweater is great. The raglan sleeves, a placket , collar, wow impressive. I think this little one has found her calling. She is precious.

Debbie
09-15-2005, 05:32 AM
I got the pattern this summer in Ft Myers, Florida. My first knitting vacation... yarn, patterns ... the best "souvenir" ever! (do you know how long it took me to figure out how to spell that?????)

The pattern was easy to follow... very step by step. Barbara Boulton at Idle Hours NeedleArt in Ft Myers, designed the pattern and assured me I could to it! Here is the web site but this pattern is not pictured
http://www.idlehoursneedleart.com I also got the Magic feathered Friends pattern ... a duck, chick and flamingo!

"Kid's Polo Shirt" is knit from the colar down in 10 steps. Collar, Collar Band, Front Placket, Buttonhole, Set your Markers, Change to larger needles,Yoke, Left sleeve, Right Sleeve, Body (this is where you connect and knit in the round), Finishing - sew the sleeve seam to the underarm gusset ( which appeared by magic, along with the raglan sleeves) and put the buttons on!

My biggest mistake was to look at the size 1(3,5,7,9) and NOT look at the chest measurements !
22 (24,26,28,30)

koolbreeze
09-15-2005, 09:06 AM
wow that is nice... very impressive...

to everone that is screeeedd of DPNs ,,,, its EASY!!!!!!!!!!!! all u have 2 remember is if u put it down write down what row and the number of stiches you were on. i kept getting distracted and having to go back and count. then i couldn't remember if i turned the row counter or not!!!

kemp
09-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Very cute sweater and the model is toooooooo cute! I'm suprised she still has her cheeks with KK lurking about :)

dustinac
09-15-2005, 09:42 AM
:cheering: aww how cute is she!!! Wonderful job too I can't wait for my class to start my son's.. This weekend we will know what color it is :lol: