PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

KellyK
09-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Very cute sweater and the model is toooooooo cute! I'm suprised she still has her cheeks with KK lurking about :)
*nibble nibble nibble* :lol:

kemp
09-15-2005, 10:01 AM
heehee

ekgheiy
09-15-2005, 10:09 AM
[...] This is my FIRST "GARMENT" !!!!! Your FIRST garment??? :shock: Whoa!! It's sooo nice!!! I wish my first garment looks that good ;) Nice job, Debbie!!! :thumbsup:

MaryS
09-15-2005, 11:46 AM
GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Job on the knitting - and your granddaughter models it PERFECTLY :happydance: :happydance:

For a first :shock: (can't BELIEVE it's your first) garment it's absolutely STUNNING. :heart: :heart: that lavender color! I bet your DGD will be sad when she outgrows it. Don't you wish you could freeze time sometimes? :lol:

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

Silver
09-15-2005, 06:06 PM
This is my FIRST "GARMENT" !!!!!
:shock: :notworthy: VERY nice job!!!

Silver
09-15-2005, 06:21 PM
My latest FO.... gloves to match my lace scarf. They're my first pair of gloves, they look a little wonky in shape (blocking gloves without a shaped blocker thingy isn't easy), but they fit just fine. Woot! :happydance:

*yes, "shaped blocker thingy" is a technical term.

kemp
09-15-2005, 06:28 PM
hmmm...don't seem to wonky to me! You know...since you're in Fla. I'm sure you can find these...there are hand shaped thingies (also technical) that are meant for drying your golf glove that might work well as glove blockers.

jodstr2
09-15-2005, 06:28 PM
:inlove: gorgeous, Silver! :inlove:

Ingrid
09-15-2005, 06:44 PM
As I clicked on this and saw the picture of the gloves, I didn't even need to see who made them. My first thought was 'Silver's done it again!" Beautiful, just beautiful.

kome
09-15-2005, 07:08 PM
I finally finished the thing! I was so bored with it I kept doing other projects, but I finally sat my butt down and finished it!

I used Bernat Disco Yarn with some orange yarn I picked up on sale in July. That stuff is a PAIN to work with, but hey... it's cute and fuzzy. I'm not ecstatic about it, but it's cute.

P.S. You should model that set for us Silver! :heart: :heart: :heart:

kemp
09-15-2005, 07:11 PM
you always crack me up with your modeling poses! The scarf looks great...warm and cuddly :)

kome
09-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Hehehehe. I know! They're so dorky. I love making people giggle! :happydance:

InterNette
09-15-2005, 09:34 PM
very cool ladies. I am amazed, how can someone knit an itty bitty pinky? That is one beautiful set.

KellyK
09-15-2005, 11:31 PM
SIL!!! GORGEOUSO!!!! I just bought the Estonian Garden pattern tongiht, so Im sure that Ill be chasin you down for advice when I start it....have NO idea when...Im trying to do other things in between my million trillion pairs of FT clogs. Im gonna do the wrap verision, with my Classic Elite Miracle. :cheering:

Kome, as always, you are just ADORABLE!

misstialouise
09-16-2005, 02:06 AM
see why i don't knit things for people outside my imediate family! :rollseyes:

Funny thing is.. it's only the people outside my immediate family who actually appreciate my craftiness..

My immediate family couldn't give a rats bum.. :doh:

dustinac
09-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Great Job Silver those are so pretty :happydance:

Kome thanks for the giggle and love the scarf :cheering:

benniesma
09-16-2005, 03:05 PM
All your projects look great ladies!

Silver, for blocking gloves....you could always steal the hands off some mannequins next time you're shopping. ;)

Vendie
09-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Once again Silver I'm in awe :notworthy:

Kome, love the scarf, so fuzzy!

Opera applause for everyone, bravo!

mintdee
09-17-2005, 03:11 PM
:XX: :happydance: I finished my first project today!! I got my favorite model to show it off for me :) (two secs after that pic she shoved the bib in her mouth hehehe)

knitqueen
09-17-2005, 03:16 PM
She is so adorable!! :heart: And the bib looks great too! Is that the pattern from this site?

Ingrid
09-17-2005, 03:21 PM
:cheering: Way to go!

mintdee
09-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks! Yea that is the bib on the getting started page. :D

KellyK
09-17-2005, 03:43 PM
HOLD ME BACK! WANNA BITE THE BABY!!!!! :heart:

Ingrid
09-17-2005, 03:52 PM
:fingerwag: :fingerwag: Now Kelly, haven't we discussed this on numberous occasions? Babies are not for biting. Except a little.

mintdee
09-17-2005, 04:01 PM
:roflhard:
Phia won't mind nibbles. I do it to her all the time. So hard not to with all of thoes rolls. :inlove: :rofling:

Silver
09-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Kome, love your scarf!! :)

And mintdee, congrats on your first FO and gorgeous baby!

KellyK
09-17-2005, 04:50 PM
I think Phia may have BEEN her first "real FO"! :roflhard:

InterNette
09-17-2005, 05:14 PM
way too darn cute.

Ingrid
09-17-2005, 07:35 PM
I think Phia may have BEEN her first "real FO"! :roflhard:

Nah, Phia is a definite WIP!

mintdee
09-17-2005, 07:55 PM
:shock: :roflhard:
you people crack me up. If you think about it Sophia (Phia is her nickname, didn't even realize I used it until after I posted hehehe) is BOTH FO and WIP.
:thumbsup:

dustinac
09-17-2005, 08:48 PM
awww how cute is Sophia!! She is adorable those big eyes awww makes me miss those baby stages..

The bib looks wonderful :cheering:

margie
09-17-2005, 10:00 PM
So cute!! Love the bib, too.......... :thumbsup:

Sara
09-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I think she showed great forebearance in not shoving it in her mouth while you were taking the picture!

AidanM
09-18-2005, 08:37 PM
My training sock! (http://www.livejournal.com/users/aidanmoon/222268.html)
I'm SOOO excited! I've never done anything like this at all! I just learned to knit not too many weeks ago, and since then I haven't really done anything with it but yesterday I bought some DPN's because I wanted to do hats. But the first thing I did with them was this training sock from knitty! I just...I'm SO EXCITED!! I've been amazed by these people who knit socks all the time and I never thought I'd be able to do it. There's all kinds of mistakes in it, the most obvious one being the row of garter stitch at the back - But I don't care!! I'm so confident in my knitting now that I know the one thing I wanted to do the most is within my grasp!

Ingrid
09-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Good for you! I love that you dismissed the mistakes and can see the possiblities!!

mintdee
09-18-2005, 08:40 PM
That is so sweet! I just love baby stuff.

KellyK
09-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Well, how cool are YOU?!?! :cheering:

gimmesanity
09-19-2005, 06:18 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Very cool! You go, chica!

KellyK
09-19-2005, 07:15 AM
(I'm fairly sure Aidan is a chicO.) :shifty:

OOH....I just noticed the last sentence in your post, too, Aidan.....WHAT is the ONE thing in the world you most want to knit? INTRIIIIGUING!

(And, PLEASE dont say something that would make us all cry...like "I want to knit my mommy and daddy back together again"...or "I want to knit myself a real best friend" or "Id like to teach the world to knit in perfect harmony and knit the world a carbonated beverage".....) :(

Edited later....
You may or may not have already seen my post elsewhere about me being SO intrigued with Aidan's comment about the thing he most wants knit that I am now searching through all of his posts....

I know, stalking him like this is a LEEEETLE creepy, but...

OH OH OH! I think I may have found it!
It's either THIS (http://www.yarnfwd.com/bomber.html) OR THESE (http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATTlolita.html).

Am I getting CLOSE, Aidan? :mrgreen: You REALLY need to start a blog here, sir!

brendajos
09-19-2005, 07:55 AM
lol....well Kelly I think you are on to something with the bomber jacket cuz i remember him posting that he really wants to make that too!

and....ummm..... :rollseyes: if it makes you feel better i was just sitting here reading his blog where he kept that sock picture until it dawned on me that it isn't very nice to just go around reading other people's stuff like that...lol :oops:

KellyK
09-19-2005, 08:22 AM
He offered us a LINK to his blog...I dont think he minds. I hope not, anyway! I bet if we keep posting in small type like this, he wont hear us!

koolbreeze
09-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Kelly you are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stalker!

KellyK
09-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Uh huh! :mrgreen:

gimmesanity
09-19-2005, 09:35 AM
EEK! My apologies, Aidan. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm a walking faux pas.... :oops:

LisaD715
09-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Shew...glad I am not the only one intrigued by Aidan. I read one blog entry and wanted to just hug him...

brendajos
09-19-2005, 03:29 PM
yup i wanted to set him up with my friend chris after just two blog posts...lol. i nearly even IMed him to tell him to go read the blog cuz they sound identical!...yeesh

rebecca
09-19-2005, 04:31 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: As usual Jobs well done, everyone!!
Debbie, what a darling outfit with a very precious model!!
Silver, absolutely stunning lace work, lovin the gloves
Kome, very cool scarf, my friend
Sandra...WTG with the 1st project, too cute; again with a darling model!
AidanM-I can see someone coming along much like me! Jumped into socks shortly after beginning knitting, this means only one thing, my friend, you are now (and don't even realize it yet) a card carrying member of the Sock Knitting Addicts Club...welcome ;)
WTG EVERYBODY!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Pixywhispers
09-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Kome! I'm loving that scarf with your army green "search and destroy" tshirt. :roflhard:

I look, go do a chore (should be some stitches) and then keep coming back to look again. It reminded me of the painting of Kramer on Seinfeld. Where the old guy said "--Yet I can't look away." And for those of you that would go and look up the whole exchange I give you "The Kramer".

Woman:"I sense great vulnerability."
Man: "I see a parasite, a sexually depraved miscreant."
Woman: "His struggle is man's struggle."
Man: "He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."
Woman: "He transcends time and space."
Man: "He sickens me."
Woman: "I love it!"
Man: "I love it, too!

"Yet I cant look away! I love it!" Candace, or it could just be your modeling. :) Love that too!

Silver
09-19-2005, 07:02 PM
My training sock! (http://www.livejournal.com/users/aidanmoon/222268.html)
I'm SOOO excited! I've never done anything like this at all! I....
That is so awesome Aidan! A GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheering:

AidanM
09-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Actually, what I've wanted to make more than anything is socks... :rofling: I like that they're so useable...not to mention terribly impressive when you KIP! :XX: I can crochet socks too, but I can't use WW yan with that because they come out too thick and baby yarn is outrageous around here. :shock:

I actually tried to make a sock out of cotton today, but when I turned my heel I messed up so that my purl side was to the outside and my knit side was to the inside. :doh: I do like cotton though, I think I may go on a spree and buy some sugar 'n' cream and similar things.

yup i wanted to set him up with my friend chris after just two blog posts...lol. i nearly even IMed him to tell him to go read the blog cuz they sound identical!...yeesh
Feel free. :blush:

InterNette
09-19-2005, 07:16 PM
WOW cool sock. was it easy? I am so impressed and how cute is a teeny tiny pink one for a baby girl.

AidanM
09-19-2005, 07:17 PM
WOW cool sock. was it easy? I am so impressed and how cute is a teeny tiny pink one for a baby girl.

Super easy! If I can do it, you can do it!

KellyK
09-19-2005, 07:45 PM
OMG Aidan is gonna leave me in the DARK and not tell me if I guessed right about the thing he most wants to knit...after I did so much RESEARCH and made SUCh a nice educated guess! :(

AidanM
09-19-2005, 07:55 PM
OMG Aidan is gonna leave me in the DARK and not tell me if I guessed right about the thing he most wants to knit...after I did so much RESEARCH and made SUCh a nice educated guess! :(
It's socks, socks, socks! I've wanted to knit socks! :XX: Sorry that you went through all the trouble.

KellyK
09-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Honestly...Im a little disappointed in that, Aidan. :verysad:

But...on the other hand....DONE!!! :cheering:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/summer_swing_413.jpg

mintdee
09-19-2005, 10:59 PM
OOOOOooooo that is so pretty!!!!!!!! I love that top. What great work!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

LisaD715
09-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Kelly...how sweet!!!! Please send pics of your sweet lil niece in it!!!

Mer
09-19-2005, 11:28 PM
So cute, Kelly! I need some little nieces to knit for. Ah, guess the nephews will have to do. ;)

KellyK
09-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Thanks so much, friends....its gonna be hard to wait til October 10th for that pic!!

koolbreeze
09-20-2005, 09:14 AM
beautiful dress Kelly! i found a pattern like that called crumpets that i'm going to eventally make for my girls next summer! how long did it take?

KellyK
09-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks, Carmell! It took me one week EXACTLY.

dustinac
09-20-2005, 10:08 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Love the sock

:happydance: :happydance: What a cute dress Kelly can't wait to see her in it!!

AidanM
09-20-2005, 10:45 AM
That is so darling..!!
You know, when I started my adventure into all things yarny, I never thought I would want to make baby/child things but that is just so sweet!

margie
09-20-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't get in here as much as I'd like- I have a hard enough time keeping up with the other threads!! You know, time on the computer is time NOT knitting................. :XX: :XX: :XX:

Anyway- Kelly, LOVE the top!! It turned out great.

Aidan- great job on the sock!! Socks are one of the things that I most want to knit too. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm close. I already bought some cool sock yarn for when I can do it........I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

KellyK
09-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Where would my self esteem be without you guys?!?! :heart:

gimmesanity
09-20-2005, 12:46 PM
ooh, Kel, that's beeeuuutiful! I :heart: the color! Your niece will be the best dressed little diva.

Sara
09-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Koolbreeze, I think the summer swing top took me about 2 1/2 weeks to make. :rollseyes: It is REALLY simple. Those eyelets may look difficult, but they're really fun. I'd like to incorporate them into other patterns.

Aby
09-20-2005, 10:40 PM
:( Not real happy with how the top of the hat turned out. I'm not digging the way they decrease. I like the subtle spiral of the watchcap pattern, I'm used to. In any case, here is the completed set.

http://intheclique.com/dadhat2.jpg
http://intheclique.com/woolease.jpg

They look like two different colors in the pic but they aren't. The dye lots were perfect. It's just my camera.

Ingrid
09-20-2005, 10:43 PM
That was fast! They look great. The spiral of the other cap was unusual. This looks like most of the hats I've knit. He'll love them!

dustinac
09-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Looks great!!! I'm working on my first hat.. I don't like the decrease part seems like it takes forever.. I'm on 56 trying to get to 8 :?

Aby
09-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Thank you!

btw, it's not crooked.. I put it up on a tall cup and it was leaning. :lol:

InterNette
09-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Very cool. I love the colors. I have never made a hat, but that looks challenging as well.

margie
09-21-2005, 01:40 PM
I think the hat and scarf both look great. Awesome color combos!! :thumbsup:

kome
09-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Kelly... you knit too fast! :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: Are there FOUR of you???

Aby!!!! I love the colors. That is such a nice set. :)

Joel
09-22-2005, 02:13 PM

Nah... she just has multiple personalities and they take turns sleeping while the active one knits....

KellyK
09-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Um.. Um.. Um.. Um..
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rebecca
09-22-2005, 02:27 PM
KK, lovin' the dress, sweetie....which clone is the knitter :?? ? Girl, you know I'm :mrgreen: ! Especially since I've changed to cont. knitting and haven't picked up the speed that I had with throwing..now I'm slooow with knitting projects and you are like super freaky speedy! That's very cool, since it's you ;) !

aby, Girl, I love the hat, the combo is great. That hat looks like most hats, the spiral is fancy (meaning not used as often ;) ), u just began with the fancier hat. :cheering: :cheering: wonderful looking combo, my dear :D

Ennormir
09-22-2005, 03:12 PM
KK, lovin' the dress, sweetie....which clone is the knitter :?? ? Girl, you knor I'm :mrgreen: ! Especially since I've changed to cont. knitting and haven't picked up the speed that I had with throwing..now I'm slooow with knitting projects and you are like super freaky speedy! That's very cool, since it's you ;) !

aby, Girl, I love the hat, the combo is great. That hat looks like most hats, the spiral is fancy (meaning not used as often ;) ), u just began with the fancier hat. :cheering: :cheering: wonderful looking combo, my dear :D

I was thinking about changing to cont knitting, but I've just got used to throwing it...*sigh* but I'm still not as fast as I'd like to be. All things come in time, I guess. ;)

Great projects! They look awesome! I can't wait till I get to post in here!

Danielle
09-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Here is a pic of my booga bag that I recently finished...I love all of the stripes!! I was really impressed with the Noro Kureyon (color 165), it was the first time I had used it.

KellyK
09-22-2005, 09:16 PM
PREEEETY!

mintdee
09-22-2005, 10:43 PM
That is sooo Pretty!

InterNette
09-22-2005, 11:23 PM
yep I am loving the stripes, they sure make for a more interesting bag. Love it, love it, love it

AidanM
09-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Ooo, that booga bag is tres fabou!

Isamar
09-23-2005, 12:47 AM
I love that boga bag!!! Beautifull work Danielle!!

I finished this...

Is a shrug again, but is my first Xmass present (and 7 to go... )

KellyK
09-23-2005, 07:54 AM
VERY nice, Isamar! You have a nice way of combining colors. :thumbsup:

margie
09-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Love the booga bag, the stripes are so pretty!!!

Isamar- gorgeous shrug!!! I'm jealous that you have a Christmas present finished already. I'm working on one, but it'll be another week or 2 at best until I finish it. I'm sooooooooo.............ssllooww..............

Joel
09-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Muy Bueno Isamar!

AidanM
09-23-2005, 10:14 AM
That is a gorgeous red colour, Isamar!

dustinac
09-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Love the booga Bag!! very pretty thats still on my to list LOL :cheering:

I love the shrug those colors are great!!! :cheering:

dustinac
09-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Well I finally got that hat done its not perfect though but I keep trying to tell myself its my first one.. I went well till the end shaping the top and then it looks a bit weird of course I didn't take a picture from that point LOL and its on a soccer ball cause I'm blocking it not sure your suppose to but figured it couldn't hurt :rollseyes: This is my little boy in his scarf to match and then my daughter will not wear the Poncho so her friend is wearing it.. ;)

mintdee
09-23-2005, 11:14 AM
:thumbsup: :cheering: Those look great! My daughter would adore the poncho ( :hiding: ) was it very difficult?

brendajos
09-23-2005, 11:20 AM
lol...look how excited Isaiah is! can't wait to see his sweater!!! ya know he has great taste in colors!!!! :thumbsup: :happydance: :thumbsup: :happydance: :thumbsup:

dustinac
09-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys!!

mintdee~ I used the toddler inst. under getting started to make the poncho but I CO 36 instead of 32 and I made it a little longer than 16 inches cause it wouldn't go over her head LOL just once I'd like to make something right the first time and not have to re-work it.. It was very simple to do and didn't take anytime at all.. I also did the 3 first/last rows Garter St in between is St. St although the first 3 sts and last 3 sts are garter... Not sure the edging is crocheted on right figured that out as I went LOL but it was realllllyyyy easy to do :D

Brendajosos he was sooo excited this morning when he came down and saw his hat was off the needles!! ohh I'm gonna go take a picture of his yarn for his sweater LOL its :shock: bright!!

Edited~ posted picture under whatcha knittin' but the colors don't really show how bright they are...

KellyK
09-23-2005, 12:52 PM
OMG...now THAT is HAPPY!!! :mrgreen: Great job, Dust...

rebecca
09-23-2005, 01:14 PM
:happydance: :happydance: Wonderful jobs everybody :D !
Danielle, I love :heart: the colors in you Booga Bag; I've got to make some more, I grab mine all of the time, perfect little size ;)
Iamar, WOW, what beautiful colors & style of shrug; looks great on you, too bad you must give it away ;)
Dusti, everything looks toooo cute and don't u have a happy camper in the picture :thumbsup:

Ennomir, I decided to switch to Cont. knitting after knitting for around a year for preparation for fair isle knitting so that I will be able to carry yarn in each hand. I certainly did NOT like it for quite a while, the last 4 projects that I did took FOREVER because I was realllly slow and would switch back and forth between throwing & cont., but I've gotten it down with practice and have finally come to enjoy it and I suppose I have picked up a bit of speed to have knit around 50" on my scarf in a few days considering the cabling and seed st. All that said to say, watch Amy's video's and practice and it really does become as 2nd nature as throwing, just requires practice ;) . If I can do it, anyone can do it :D

KnittinKitten
09-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Yes ... I, too, am "addicted to the knit" ...

Here are three of my recent projects: a ruffled scarf, a collar/shawl & a baby blanket I crocheted in Broomstick Lace. I used a size #50 knitting needle as the 'broomstick', so does that count as knitting???

I've also got an eyeglass case, a Magknit necklace & a pillow finished and ready to be sewn together, as well as a tank top and another pillow half done. Hmmm - ADD anyone??? I started all of these a little over 2 months ago.

:XX:

ekgheiy
09-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Yeeehaw ... I can post here now ... However, with dial up - it's easier to just link than to re-upload ... :mrgreen: :oops: hehehe....

Click me ... --> :XX: (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46691#46691)

ekgheiy
09-23-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm lovin' the broomstick lace KnittinKitten!! :drool:

KellyK
09-23-2005, 10:26 PM
VERY PRETTY, um....Kitty!

dustinac
09-23-2005, 10:55 PM
:thinking: hmm.. I posted here then got no such page when I hit submit soooo let's try this again

KnittinKitty Great Job!! I love that broomstick afghan

And now for ekgheiy.. I shouldn't be typing to you noooo cause you made me click the :XX: and now that sport hood pattern is coming to my house.. yeah I've never made a sweater.. or done cables before still gotta do my dad's scarf.. and yeah I have nooooo idea when I'll ever be able to attempt that but :oops: its coming to my house!!! :rofling: :rofling: I loved your afghans and of course the sport hood Great Job :thumbsup:

mintdee
09-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Wow. Everyones stuff is so pretty! I love this thread :)

feministmama
09-24-2005, 02:56 PM
I tried the knitty Pi bed but it came out kinda funky. And now my cat doesn't even use it. I tried putting some catnip in it too. :??

Ingrid
09-24-2005, 03:17 PM
What a perfect picture. The empty bed. The dejected looking cat. "Gee ma, I really wanted blue." The cat'll come around when you aren't looking. ;)

I must have missed this thread yesterday. Everyone's stuff looks so good!!

KellyK
09-24-2005, 04:19 PM
:roflhard: It looks like she is trying to stay as far away from it as possible! :roflhard:

dustinac
09-24-2005, 04:26 PM
:roflhard: aww she is so close to the arm of the chair like she is afraid of it LOL ohhh man... what was she thinkin!!!! :roflhard:

It looks great!!! :cheering:

Thats how my zulu would be.. She wants my lap and nothing else..

Thank you everyone Isaiah was very very excited now gotta find something for Roo's scarf and hat.. not doing that hat again!!! :thinking:

Vendie
09-24-2005, 04:44 PM
My cat would :heart: that kitty pi bed, because she loves to sit in/on things that are on other things...and since that kitty pi bed is ON the couch, it fits the definition...it looks great even if your kitty doesn't like it right now... (I'm sure she'll sneak into it when you're not looking)

I MUST get in here more often, everybody's making such pretty stuff!!

:cheering: for everyone!!

gimmesanity
09-24-2005, 07:42 PM
That is the BEST pic, feministmama! Too funny...that poor kitty looks like he needs a hug.

Everyone's stuff looks so great! Gorgeous! I love coming here and getting inspired looking at everyone's work. Although....sometimes it makes me feel like such a slacker. :rollseyes: hehe.

~Sharon

knitqueen
09-25-2005, 01:31 AM
I FINALLY have a finished project!!! It's been so long. I've been working on an afghan, understandably a long-term project, and also Marnie's Pismo Hat (http://marniemaclean.com/patterns/Pismo/index.html), which I thought would be easy but is taking me forever.

I needed a project I could finish quick, so I made Cameron's Cap (http://sarahpeasley.com/freepatterns/cameronscap.pdf) for my son and I LOVE it!!! I made it in red, with one narrow and one wide white stripe in the 'body' of the hat. It has an i-cord knot at the top and is SO utterly cute I can't wait to try it on in the morning.

I wish I had a pic, but I have to wait for dh to bring the camera home. I would recommend this project to anyone - it is quick and easy and oh so cute. It has sizing for newborn, baby, toddler, child & adult!

rebecca
09-25-2005, 09:58 AM
As usual...jobs well done :cheering: :cheering:
knittnkitten-lovin' your projects! I, too, have 'Ruffles' (with hat, wrist warmers & socks to go with) on my list to be done in knitpicks Merino Style in 'petal'...I :heart: it, too, too cute!!
femi-I love your kitty bed!! Poor kitty, but very cat-like...lol, they always must 1st 'act' like they don't like what you want them to like ;)
KQ..WTG! I know what you mean, afghans can take forever! I do the same thing, do something quick and fun while knitting an afghan so the afghan doesn't become boring! Jobs well done...can't wait to see the pics!!
WTG one & all :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

punkhippiemom
09-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Here's my latest FO - a baby dress for my SIL's shower next month, inspired by KK's Summer Swing Top.

Ingrid
09-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Love it! So cute. :D

dustinac
09-25-2005, 11:09 AM
That is sooo cute!! I really love the hearts on it :cheering:

KellyK
09-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I cant wait until Im at the point where I can just pick up needles and yarn and out will POP a design!! YOU are AWESOME, PHM!! :notworthy:

dustinac
09-25-2005, 11:26 AM
I cant wait until Im at the point where I can just pick up needles and yarn and out will POP a design!! YOU are AWESOME, PHM!! :notworthy:

Me too :happydance: I wonder when that happens?? Prolly longer than 3mos :??

Ingrid
09-25-2005, 11:31 AM
I've been knitting forever, and I still can't do it! :notworthy: :notworthy:

mintdee
09-25-2005, 11:43 AM
PHM that is beautiful! I really wish I could make a dress like that for my little darling. :inlove:

What beautiful work. :thumbsup:

punkhippiemom
09-25-2005, 12:45 PM
:oops: :oops: :blush: :blush: :oops: :oops: :blush: :blush:
awwwww, thanks guys.
I wonder when that happens?? Prolly longer than 3mos I've been knitting forever, and I still can't do it!That's true, the first slipper pattern I made (which was actually the first thing I made) was improvised completely, right after I learned to knit...you just have to be very willing to make mistakes... a LOT of mistakes :roflhard: ... (the dress was supposed to be a top for my 6yo neice - got about four rows done and realized I should have co about twice the stitches :oops: but I knew that I needed a shower gift, too, so I kept on with it, anyway.)

Thanks for all the kudos, guys... when I tweak the top a bit, I'll make sure I post the finished pattern for y'all.

rebecca
09-25-2005, 12:52 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Very, very nice Rebecca!!! I love that you have no fear of knitting!! That's the only way to do it!! Well, some of it ;) . I love knitting like that, start with one thing & end with another, happens quite often with me, since I started, you are so right, you have to be cool with the mistakes bc they help with the creation!!
And creations....girl, you can make them ;) WTG!!!!!!

punkhippiemom
09-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Speaking of creating.... I finally got my first Knitpicks catalog, and saw someone's sock pattern in there... :eyebrow: Very nice, Miss Becka! :thumbsup:

AidanM
09-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Heee! My first christmas ornament..and it's a sock! :rofling:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/aidanmoon/222584.html

I couldn't find a bind off I liked, so I made one up. :blush:

koolbreeze
09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
I tried the knitty Pi bed but it came out kinda funky. And now my cat doesn't even use it. I tried putting some catnip in it too. :??

give the kitty a minute femi! my sisters cat rejected the bed i made for her to for a week then one day my sister called me up and said she was sleep in it!!!

ekg you baby blankets are beautiful!! i wihs i had the patience to do something stright like that!!!!

PHM~ that baby dress is too cute!

brendajos
09-25-2005, 10:13 PM
i am lovin' on my fuzzy hat...just can't seem to get myself excited about starting the scarf to match now. *sigh*

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/Fuzzyhat2.jpg

blocking my mother's bucket bag now....not thrilled with it, but she will be so that is all that matters! ;)

KellyK
09-25-2005, 10:52 PM
OOH! That DOES look nice and SOFT, Bren!!

Here are the FT clogs for my niece that I finished this morning...for Christmas!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clog_for_ella_182.jpg

brendajos
09-26-2005, 12:18 AM
oooh good colors! i got the pattern and was going to start my first pair of clogs this weekend....then i took a look at the pattern and realized how many instructions there are and got all panicky! ;) i will start that some other time...lol

KellyK
09-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Dont be skeered, Bren...there's the KAL goin on for moral support! Just take the pattern line by line & you'll be FINE! :thumbsup:

Jivewhistle
09-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Need to check in here more often!! I wish I could knit faster! ugh. I'll be posting some FO's soon....

Great job everyone!! :thumbsup:

KnittinKitten
09-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Bren - I love the hat ... both the color combination and the style -- it's simply darlin'!

KnittinKitten
09-26-2005, 08:50 AM
Oh - the baby dress with the hearts is so well done. I bet it will be a treasure to your SIL. Shoot! *I* would like to have one! :-)

koolbreeze
09-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Bren~ you can do it!

i started mine this weekend... and the pattern is a little intimadating but once you start you'll be like why was i skeered?? :doh: check out the knit along FT clogd thread... iknow i had some issues!!!

brendajos
09-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Bren~ you can do it!

i started mine this weekend... and the pattern is a little intimadating but once you start you'll be like why was i skeered?? :doh: check out the knit along FT clogd thread... iknow i had some issues!!!

lol...yes i know i can...thank you ladies for the encouragement though. The panic actually came in the fact that i just can't carry that around with me and work on it at a stop light or in the 2 minutes i am standing in line at the post office etc....and since that is when i have most of my knitting time i went through the "when the h#$@ would i ever get that finished?!" ;)

i will start them one of these days though....i am working on yet another tote now instead! :thumbsup:

Julie
09-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Riiiiight...you won't be knitting those in the movies. At least not your first pair. ;)

brendajos
09-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Riiiiight...you won't be knitting those in the movies. At least not your first pair. ;)

'Zactly! why do you think i go to so many? it is the only time i am sitting and doing nothing for 2 straight hours! ;) (well except at work but i can't be THAT obvious around here...lol) :rofling:

Julie
09-26-2005, 12:17 PM
I finished my lacy bonnet (from Knitting for Two) on Saturday...I pondered the bow thingies all weekend and decided to finish it with i-cord instead (practical me).

side view:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/bonnet-side.jpg

back:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/bonnet-back.jpg

Have I mentioned that I :heart: this pattern?? :D

brendajos
09-26-2005, 12:20 PM
oooh that's beautiful. however i don't understand the bow/i-cord thing...i will do just about anything to avoid having to do i-cord it seems! very very nice!

koolbreeze
09-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Julie~ that is a pretty bonnet! is it for someone in particular?
i-cords r EASY!!!!!! i :heart: doing them!!!

brendajos
09-26-2005, 12:40 PM
lol...well now that i have figured out that i was giving up too soon (those first couple of rows just look ugly for some reason until you get further into it!) i find them to be easy too. it is just that they are about as boring as doing an afghan!!!! BAH!

koolbreeze
09-26-2005, 12:54 PM
but A LOT quicker!!!

brendajos
09-26-2005, 12:57 PM
but A LOT quicker!!!

lol...doesn't feel like it at the time! ;)

Julie
09-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks :D I'm sending it to my friend who just adopted a baby girl. :heart:

If you look at this picture (http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=30571220&yarnid=5420104)...you're supposed to do some ribbon rosette thingy for ties...but it doesn't show you (or tell you) too clearly. I nosed around on knitting blogs to see what others had done, and quite a few people opted for i-cord instead. Even though it's sooo tedious. :rollseyes:

brendajos
09-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Even though it's sooo tedious. :rollseyes:

THIS is what i am saying! blah!

but as someone who was once an adopted baby girl....WOOOO HOOO for adoption! :happydance: :cheering: :sunny: Love to hear babies getting to come home to parents who are thrilled to have them!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

rebecca
09-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Bren, I love, love that hat!!! Very cool colors and ohhh, so soft looking ;)
KK, your niece is gonna :heart: :heart: her clogs, luvin' the colors
Julie, LOVE the bonnet! You did that so quickly!! It's so heirloom looking!

Ahh, one day I will have another FO, but my scarf is 7 ft long with cables ...lol! And I'm going with ICord & bobble fringe to mimic the cables ;)

EVERYBODY take a :notworthy: for JOBS WELL DONE :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Julie
09-26-2005, 01:35 PM
I also finished this scarf (http://www.loop-d-loop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LOS&Product_Code=LL-BLS&Category_Code=) on Saturday...a Christmas gift for a friend. If you need a chuckle, take a look at the gallery on that site...the models look so...so...well, I don't know quite how to describe them. :roflhard:

Anyway, it was a fun little project. I used Knitpicks Decadence. I wasn't sure if I had enough to double it like the pattern calls for, but even though it's a bulky yarn, it didn't feel bulky enough knitting with a single strand. So I did some weighing and praying, and actually had about three feet of yarn left over. Now *that* is cutting it close!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/bobble-leaf.jpg

KellyK
09-26-2005, 02:43 PM
SOOOOOOOO pretty, Jul!

How does that scarf work?? LOVE that Eggplanty color!

rebecca
09-26-2005, 03:53 PM
I was about to ask if it was a Loop d Loop, then saw your link...I LOVE that scarf, :heart: :heart: the color!!
And, it's not in my book, I was upset that pattern wasn't included...but it can easily be obtained at her website :D

punkhippiemom
09-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh - the baby dress with the hearts is so well done. I bet it will be a treasure to your SIL. Shoot! *I* would like to have one! :-)
But look at it now!!!
:frog: :frog: :frog:
I almost didn't, but the more I looked at it the more I would have felt bad giving it to her like that... It looked ok on the front, but the back had a bad join where I had to start knitting back and forth on the circs, and I wasn't crazy about the sleeves (they were just armholes with a little cap on them :rollseyes: )... Once I tweak the top design, I'll try to write up the pattern and post it.

KnittinKitten
09-26-2005, 04:37 PM
:shock: OMG! How could you do that!?!? Oh! that just gives me an instant headache. I don't think I've ever frogged that much. I know I haven't. Couldn't do it. Nope. Never. If there was a boo-boo at a join or something like that -- I'd just stick a bow on it!

InterNette
09-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Julie your baby bonnet and your scarf are beautiful. I love the littel scarves that you slip through a loop, they look so neat on and dont end up on the floor when taking your coat off. Very nice, the icord is a nice idea, the ribbon would have ended up wrinkled all the time.

punkhippiemom
09-26-2005, 05:02 PM
I just kept reminding myself what I was told as a kid... If you're not sure if you did it good enough, you didn't. Go do it right. :roflhard: Of course, my mom was referencing cleaning the bathroom, but still... It's a gift, I had to.
Usually, if I can, I just crochet over my mistakes (I was going to add a ruffle to the little arm caps to make them a bit more substantial) but that join couldn't be fixed except by redoing it. :verysad:

But... we can rebuild it... we have the technology... we can make it better, tighter knit, more defined...

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Ingrid
09-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Julie--one warning--keep that hat away from Katie NoNo. She likes it!

I like that scarf, too. I may just have to whip me up one.

And I agree with PHM. If you're not happy with it--fix it. It's tiny anyway, prolly take her about 5 minutes!

Julie
09-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks! :D

keep that hat away from Katie NoNo

The scarf is soooo quick. I almost finished a second one during my daughter's nap today...but I ran out of yarn. :doh:

Rebecca, I was so bummed that it wasn't in the book...figures I'd want the one pattern that I couldn't get for free (at the library). :rollseyes:

Vendie
09-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks :D I'm sending it to my friend who just adopted a baby girl. :heart:

If you look at this picture (http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=30571220&yarnid=5420104)...you're supposed to do some ribbon rosette thingy for ties...but it doesn't show you (or tell you) too clearly. I nosed around on knitting blogs to see what others had done, and quite a few people opted for i-cord instead. Even though it's sooo tedious. :rollseyes:

I'm SOOO glad that I was not the only one to :?? with that rosette bow!!! I just made a simple bow for mine, b/c I loved the idea of contrasting the colors. Your bonnet looks wonderful, BTW! And no holes left by doggies, so even better!

Vendie
09-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Julie--one warning--keep that hat away from Katie NoNo. She likes it!

I like that scarf, too. I may just have to whip me up one.

And I agree with PHM. If you're not happy with it--fix it. It's tiny anyway, prolly take her about 5 minutes!

:roflhard: I didn't even see that when I posted, how funny!!!

That's right Julie, Katie's on the hunt for something new to destroy! :roflhard:

rebecca
09-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Speaking of creating.... I finally got my first Knitpicks catalog, and saw someone's sock pattern in there... :eyebrow: Very nice, Miss Becka! :thumbsup:

:D thank you very much, you're too sweet ;)

Vendie
09-26-2005, 07:30 PM

:D thank you very much, you're too sweet ;)

That's right!! When I got my catalog, your sock was one of the first things I looked for! WTG! :cheering:

dustinac
09-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Way to go Brenda love those colors!!! :cheering:

The clogs are on my list but won't do them till after the holidays lol Love those Kelly!!! :happydance:

I love your bonnet and scarf sooo pretty!!! You did a great job on them :cheering:

OH MY you tore the dress apart LOL you are braver than me.. I know in knitting class the teacher just starts tearing it apart then just sticks the needles on and I'm like how do you do that without losing a stitch or messing it up.. practice... LOL can't wait to see how the top turns out this time and the insturctions!! :happydance:

I saw your socks in the book too need to send it to ya and have ya sign it for me!! :cheering:

I hope I didn't forget anyone I try to get up with this thread but sometimes it gets away from me.. Still trugging along a handbag right now they said knit tight so I am and its hurting my hands :rollseyes:

Danielle
09-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Everyone's projects look great!! Jobs well done!! :thumbsup: :cheering:

rebecca
09-26-2005, 08:57 PM
:D Thanks again for the sock kudos everyone :D !! One of my KP friends told me that they are still doing very well....which really feels very 'surreal' to me that other knitters are telling KP about my little sock pattern :shock:!! But, it's most special that ya'll say such sweet things ;)

LisaD715
09-27-2005, 02:16 AM
Becka.......we have not picked an afghan yet.......the one we both like is a little above my skill level right now. I will get there, I am just not ready to take on that task yet. Started Rachel's today, just doing the easy Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth pattern there....that is what she chose.

I found out we have a LYS....Brandy and I will be making a trip soon, to fiberbate :drooling:

I just bought yarn to do the boys hats for Christmas....can't wait to see it!!

Ok, back to bed for this insomniac....I have to get up and go to work in the am.

KellyK
09-27-2005, 07:20 AM
I found out we have a LYS....Brandy and I will be making a trip soon, to fiberbate :drooling:
GLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :cheering:

rebecca
09-27-2005, 11:15 AM
But which afghan was it, Lisa?! Was it in a book, can u tell me...was it one with a note, or was it one from elsewhere?!
What kind of hats are u doing? Yarn color? Young men & boys LOVE hats!!
Girl....ya'll are going to have FUN FUN FUN as u fiberbate @ the LYS :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

LisaD715
09-27-2005, 02:00 PM
The one we both like is in one of the books, in the back, it is shown with ivory and chocolate yarn, it has a diamond pattern. It is just a bit beyond my comfort level at this time. I will get there, I know it, but I can't have it done in time for Christmas. There is one in the other book near the back called Mocha something that we both love. She is going to look through again to see if she can choose one. We have the same taste....the same ones you marked I liked, and Brandy liked many of them!!!!

I am doing Marnie's Pismo hats for Stephen and Doug, one will get black and other will get brown, both will have sand as an accent color. My boys are boring, no crazy colors for them.....I ordered the stork that Marnie used.

rebecca
09-27-2005, 02:53 PM
I know exactly which afghan you are talking about..it's yummy :D !!
Girl, don't go calling those good lookin' boys 'boring'....lol!! I believe that would be 'stylish' rather than boring ;) ....they just wanna look nice!! I love that hat!!

Jivewhistle
09-27-2005, 07:17 PM
That baby bonnet is just too cute! I love everyones projects!!

We're on page 110 or 111 now...holy cow!! Any chance (and I know I've suggested this before) there could be a separate section for FO's? I just think it would be soooo much easier for people to navigate and comment on others things...especially for those that aren't on much. Speaking of which...where's Amy?? Haven't seen her on in ages!

Isamar
09-27-2005, 11:18 PM
I can't keep with all the finished projects! You all knitt so fast!! I saw the scarf and the baby dress. If my neck wasn't so short, I will love to have one!. The baby dress looks so tangy! Im impressed of the skills!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Im here to show off about my first project with difficult pattern. I just finished it. It will be a present for my mom in Xmass. The pattern is an original from the Viva Poncho book.

mintdee
09-27-2005, 11:21 PM
:cheering: :cheering:
That looks great! I bet its nice and comfy too. WTG! :D

KellyK
09-28-2005, 01:15 AM
SO pretty, Isamar! Good job!

Ingrid
09-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Beautiful!!!

dustinac
09-28-2005, 10:04 AM
That is so pretty!! I love it :cheering:

margie
09-28-2005, 11:42 AM
I finished my clogs! These are for my sister for Christmas- if I can wait that long to give them to her....... :thinking:

aprildavis99
09-28-2005, 03:12 PM
:thumbsup: They turned out great!

I just finished my 2nd knitting project ever. A very long fun fur scarf for my Daughter. She loves it! :cheering:

I wish I was able to upload pics. But just imagine red and black mixed together (she is very dramatic..no pinks or peaches for her :rollseyes: )

Working with that stuff wasn't as scary as I thought. Now to continue on my Hogwarts scarf and a bulky cardigan and tank top all sitting on needles. I hope to get the cardigan done soon. New Mexico is starting to cool down and get breezy.

punkhippiemom
09-28-2005, 03:52 PM
I just picked up the FT clogs pattern for DH for Xmas...my first felting ;)

rebecca
09-28-2005, 04:13 PM
PHM, u r gonna :heart: felting..it's very fun ;)
Isamar-I :heart: :inlove: the poncho!!! Mom is going to be delighted :D !
Margie-very, very cool clogs!! I love the grey :cheering:

Isamar
09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Thank you all for the complements. Im very proud of this project!

Beutiful clogs! I don't know how to felt... Do you know a good book with very detailed instructions? My husband is goig to travel to Miami soon, so Im preparing a list of books and Im lost in felting.

Ingrid
09-28-2005, 04:52 PM
This kind of felting is done by washing wool in hot water with lots of agitation. It causes the wool to shrink and tighten up.

AidanM
09-28-2005, 06:43 PM
The clogs are soooo neat! Is there a way to add soles to them, like leather or something?

Ingrid
09-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Adding leather soles is an option. Somebody was trying to find them, but I'm not sure they did. The ones at the Fiber Trends site were pretty expensive, if I recall.

I plan on using puff paint on the sole for traction.

InterNette
09-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Margie nice work on the clogs, Very nice. If I could possibly locate my missing yarn I might attempt it once again. I feel at a loss, want to do something and am in one of my blank states.

dustinac
09-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Great job on the clogs!! :cheering:

punkhippiemom
09-29-2005, 12:36 AM
They sell rubber soles that can be attached to the bottom, but I was thinking about just picking up some scrap leather from the craft store and making some myself...

AidanM
09-29-2005, 12:46 AM
Don't most leather purses have a rougher texture on the inside? Couldn't you just cut up an icky one from a Goodwill and use that?

punkhippiemom
09-29-2005, 01:18 AM
:thumbsup: You're so cheap!!! I ADMIRE that!!! I may just steal your idea....

AidanM
09-29-2005, 01:28 AM
:thumbsup: You're so cheap!!! I ADMIRE that!!! I may just steal your idea....
It's true. I'm not thrifty, frugal, economical, provident, penny-wise, foresighted, or smart. I'm just plain dirt cheap. :mrgreen:

KellyK
09-29-2005, 07:25 AM
I have to admire a person who has somehow spliced their own DNA with that of a THESAURUS, Aidan!! :mrgreen:

margie
09-29-2005, 07:37 AM
The felting was super-easy. I just put the clogs in a zippered mesh bag, put them in the washing machine with a couple pair of jeans and a little bit of detergent. It took about 20-25 minutes. I took them out after 10 minutes, stretched them out lengthwise, and then put them back in. Then I checked every 5 minutes until they were the size I wanted. Ta Da!!!

I am going to try puffy paint for traction on these ones, but I am looking for soles to try on another pair. My next ones will be size 13's- GULP- for my brother-in-law..................

koolbreeze
09-29-2005, 11:16 AM
finished clogs.... now on to kids!!!!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/clogs.jpg

punkhippiemom
09-29-2005, 12:21 PM
:shock: wow. I love the fun fur trim. what a cool variation. Nice job, Carmell.

InterNette
09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Oh how cute, looks like muppet feet.

koolbreeze
09-29-2005, 02:51 PM
thanks
i have a weakness for the fun fur!!! as you all can see.

Ingrid
09-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Those are great! You match your little one--and can pick up dust bunnies at the same time. How efficient you are!

koolbreeze
09-29-2005, 04:12 PM
:roflhard: i'll b pickin up more than dust bunnies!!!

rebecca
09-29-2005, 10:22 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Carmell...I :heart: :heart: your fuzzy feets!!!

jodstr2
09-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Thank you all for the complements. Im very proud of this project!

Beutiful clogs! I don't know how to felt... Do you know a good book with very detailed instructions? My husband is goig to travel to Miami soon, so Im preparing a list of books and Im lost in felting.

I like Knit One Felt Too (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1580174973/qid=1128048047/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-9948978-7574314?v=glance&n=507846) and Felted Knits (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1931499330/qid=1128048107/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-9948978-7574314?v=glance&s=books). both have excellent instructions.
Felted Knits is written by the creator of the Fiber Trends Clog pattern.

jodstr2
09-29-2005, 10:44 PM

those are so dang cute :inlove: :heart: :thumbsup:!!!

my cat would probably go after your feet if you wore 'em around her!

LisaD715
09-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Carmel...I love them!!! They remind me of a REALLY cute version of the Grinch feet.....how cool!!

koolbreeze
09-29-2005, 11:14 PM
:notworthy:
thank you!

DotMom61
09-30-2005, 01:54 AM
How does it happen that I keep getting knocked off the "watch this topic" list for this topic??? grrrr

I just read through many, many pages of posts, and I can't even remember what I looked at. All I remember is that the work I saw was very well done!!

Some day, I, too, will have another FO to post. :help: I need to stop starting multiple largish projects at the same time.

margie
09-30-2005, 09:36 AM

Let's see, if your house is like mine......dust bunnies, cheerios........USO's (unidentified sitcky objects)....... :rofling:

koolbreeze
09-30-2005, 09:44 AM

Let's see, if your house is like mine......dust bunnies, cheerios........USO's (unidentified sitcky objects)....... :rofling:

right on! :thumbsup:

javede
09-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Those fuzzy clogs look great. what a wonderful idea!

Here's my first ever finished pair of socks. I like them, but the yarn pills a bit. Guess that's why it was cheaper :rollseyes:
The pair for my dad is now in progress and I'm using Regia for those, plus I got some sock yarn from my brother today for birthday. Can anyone see another addiction? :lol:

koolbreeze
09-30-2005, 11:09 AM
thanks javede! i wish someone would buy me some yarn!! you're so lucky! i love your socks... i'm going to try some socks oneday...

rebecca
09-30-2005, 11:31 AM
:cheering: :cheering: WTG, Javede!! They look great :D I think that you are correct...another member of the Sock Knitting Addicts club ;) ! Fun, arent' they?!

margie
09-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Great socks!! I can't wait to do socks- I have some great sock yarn that is calling my name, but it's too nice to use for my first pair- I'm trying to be patient and get the Christmas present list under control before starting- but yours make me want to do it NOW!!!!! :thumbsup:

Julie
09-30-2005, 01:47 PM
:cheering: Great job Javede! They're beautiful!

InterNette
09-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Nice work. I love the cool colors

Isamar
10-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Cozy socks Javede! Great combination!

KellyK
10-01-2005, 01:40 AM
SO CUTE!! :cheering:

MIL's clogs...WOTA Cranberry & Mist, Women's size large. Only 13 more pairs to go for Christmas!! :shifty:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clogs_for_mil.jpg

gimmesanity
10-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Carmell, those clogs are too cute!

Javede, GREAT job on the socks...that's up there on my list of things-to-try.

Kel, I really :heart: that color combo - you're a clog-making machine!...are you sure you're not hiding any residents under your stairs? hmmmm :thinking:

Everyone's stuff is soooo gorgeous! :thumbsup:

~Sharon

KellyK
10-01-2005, 06:59 AM
I just checked.....no residents under my stairs. :roflhard:

I think it helps that I dont have to look at the pattern QUITE as often as I once did.

kome
10-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Oh my god.... how can you make so many clogs??? I'd go crazy and mutter about clog making in the asylum if I had to make that many. Heck! I haven't even finish the front to my sweater yet. Bah!

Of course.... I guess only doing 3 or 4 rows a day is a bit of slacking, huh? :rollseyes:

I love the furry clogs!!!!!!

KellyK
10-01-2005, 08:49 PM
I just ADORE this pattern....and I know that my family will really like them. Plus, I need to practice my counting skillz. :shifty:

Vendie
10-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I just ADORE this pattern....and I know that my family will really like them. Plus, I need to practice my counting skillz. :shifty:

Kelly counting: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...
FG interupting: 1942, my birthday is on 7/08, my phone number is 555-3456, I have 10 toes....

KellyK
10-02-2005, 10:27 AM
:mad: Now that was just SPITEFUL! :mad:

Mutters & starts over again....

snephenie
10-02-2005, 11:50 AM
I finished another little booga! :) Good thing too my sister called Friday to invite the kids to a birthday party. I LOVE knitting :)

rebecca
10-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Love the color combo on your latest clogs, KK :D
Steph...too, too cute Booga...AND your model is ADORABLE

Ingrid
10-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Too cute! I know who that bag belongs to now!

KellyK
10-02-2005, 12:04 PM
CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!! Bag AND model! :cheering:

koolbreeze
10-02-2005, 12:10 PM
too cute... yeah i don't think that one is leaving that arm!!!

margie
10-02-2005, 01:35 PM
love that little bag!! It is too cute. Seeing things like that makes me wish I had little girls to knit for! ;)

KellyK
10-02-2005, 01:49 PM
I have a niece you can borrow for knitting purposes! :mrgreen:

snephenie
10-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks! She got the green/cream/yellow/blue one I had made last month. She was ok with giving this one to her cousin :) (Very surprised though since anything that has PURPLE in it, she usually claims)

I'm looking for a cute childrens felted hat...any ideas?

brendajos
10-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks! She got the green/cream/yellow/blue one I had made last month. She was ok with giving this one to her cousin :) (Very surprised though since anything that has PURPLE in it, she usually claims)

I'm looking for a cute childrens felted hat...any ideas?

absolutely...i LOVE this (http://www.mindseyeyarns.com/resources/patterns/toddler_felt_hat.htm) hat and am about to make another

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/AlyssaHat.jpg

and with the curlies (i posted the other so you would see that it isn't as huge as it looks in this pic! ;)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/AlyssaFinished0728.jpg

koolbreeze
10-02-2005, 02:46 PM
ok who had the leopard scarf... cause that hat with leapard print on it would go with dd coat !!!

DotMom61
10-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Sneph --

What an adorable little Booga!!! That's a great way to put some "extra" wool to good use ... I hadn't thought about using them as gift bags!!

I really think you ought to make some more things for your DD to model for us ... she's TOO cute!!

rebecca
10-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Leopard scarf, that would be me...but, I wouldn't use my patterning of leopard print...lol...that was my 1st ever dulicate stitching and the leopard spots are rather large and far apart....but then again, I didn't want to make lots of tiny ones, either ;) ...LOL
BREN....you are showing the corkscrew again...love it...but it makes my hands hurt again thinking about all of them that I did... :roflhard:
KK, loverly model u have ;)

margie
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM
I have a niece you can borrow for knitting purposes! :mrgreen:

Oooooh, Kelly she is so cute!! I'm surrounded by boys here- my 2 boys, I babysit 3 boys, my best friend has 2 boys........you get the picture....... ;)

brendajos
10-02-2005, 06:29 PM
BREN....you are showing the corkscrew again...love it...but it makes my hands hurt again thinking about all of them that I did... :roflhard:

lol rebecca i think it must be like birthin' a baby cuz i barely remember how horrible the corkscrews were and am ready to do them again!! ;) ;)

but not until i put the finishing touches on some other stuff....lol

dustinac
10-02-2005, 09:48 PM
I love the fuzzy clogs!!! Great job!! Love the socks I'm hoping next spring to take a sock class.. KellyK I wanna be on your Christmas list!! LOL Great Job!! Love the booga bag still on my to do list and what a cute model!! Brendajosos I just love that hat still haven't made Roo one or her scarf.. after my last hat :shock: :D

Andrea
10-04-2005, 10:40 AM
After a couple weeks of staring at my floppy bag, I finally felted it--I was so nervous that I'd screw it up!!

But it was fuuuuuuuuuuuun :cheering:

Ok, why are my pictures so big!! I really want to be able to share more pictures but I don't want you guys to have to work to be able to see the whole pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mod Squad was here :waving:

Ingrid
10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Your bag is cute!

I just learned how to post pics in the past month or so, (so I'm certainly no expert) but there must be a place where you have your pictures stored to downsize them. On my Kodak program it gives you an option in the saving area of a range from 100 percent to Best for Web. Or you can right click on the picture and check for properties. That may give you a place to down size them.

brendajos
10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
that bag is adorable! i store mine on photobucket.com. it is great because i can link them to just about any site and it doesn't take any space up on here. there is a tool on there that will edit the pic down for you too if it looks too big for posting. i haven't had to do that with too many of mine though since storing them on there!

kemp
10-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Very cool felted stuff everyone! I made this on the plane to and from Palm Springs last week. Love the pattern this Opal petticoat makes!

susies1955
10-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Here is my first finished knitting project. I went to an open house
for knitters on Saturday and they showed me how to cast on and how to knit a little then set me up to make a hat.
I posted in the super newbie help section as I goofed up and they helped a lot.
I finished it today at the class.
http://community.webshots.com/album/465294739WjNesT
It was fun,
Susie

DotMom61
10-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Oooooo ... very pretty!!! What is the fiber content of that yarn? It looks so soft!

DotMom61
10-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Susie!!! That is a fabulous hat! You must be very proud of your first project, and I'm sure you've now discovered how addictive knitting can be. Can't wait to see what you choose next!

BTW ... your avatar picture looks remarkably like my next-door neighbor! So weird to see "her" picture here!! :lol:

Ingrid
10-04-2005, 02:55 PM
GREAT first project!! Good job.

Ingrid
10-04-2005, 02:55 PM
That is one pretty sock!!

susies1955
10-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Thanks Julie and Ingrid,
I decided to try another had but without the circular needles and with much smaller yarn. I know it will take me much longer but I want to really get the knitting down and then I will try a scarf and who knows maybe a sweater.
I really need to get back to that quilt though.
:)
Susie

kemp
10-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Susie that is an awesome first project!

susies1955
10-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Oooooo ... very pretty!!! What is the fiber content of that yarn? It looks so soft!

It is 65% Alpaca and 35% Acrylic. It is called Blizzard.
Thanks for liking my hat,
Susie

susies1955
10-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Julie,
Thanks for liking my hat. :)
Yes, I'm proud and you're right......... I may have another addiction. LOL.
I am doing another hat but am using MUCH smaller yarn. :)
Maybe I'm your neighbor. HAHAHAHAHA.
Susie

susies1955
10-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Ingrid and kemp,
Thanks for liking my hat. :)
Susie

KellyK
10-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Looks REALLY soft and COZY, Susie!! GREAT job!

susies1955
10-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Kelly,
Thanks, it is soft and cozy.
I plan on having it on when hubby gets home.......OH but not just that. LOL.
Thanks,
Susie

KellyK
10-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Well, WHY NOT??? What else are husbands FOR, anyway?? :eyebrow:

susies1955
10-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Kelly,
You're a hoot. :)
There good for LOTS of stuff.
Susie

DotMom61
10-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Maybe I'm your neighbor. HAHAHAHAHA.
Susie

It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
It's a small, small world!

(We're near Chicago, though, Susie. Maybe you're *Ingrid's* neighbor! :figureditout:)

susies1955
10-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Julie,
Ingrid is WAY south and I'm WAY north.
Susie

MaryS
10-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Hi Kemp,

I've been looking for a pattern for high socks like yours!

Is it a free pattern, and what yarn did you use? My teenage nieces would go NUTS over those socks! :happydance:

Thanks,

Mary

kemp
10-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks Mary...I made it up! I did take notes this time though...I plan on writing it up in the next couple of days and it will be in the "free patterns" section on my blog. I used Opal Petticoat (http://www.fncyarn.com/opal_petticoat.html). The finished sock weighs 42 grams and the yarn comes in 100g skeins so it should take just one skien for a pair.

Sara
10-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Beautiful socks, Kemp!

I am SO-O-O jealous of your sewing room, Suzie1955! Wow, that's a fabric palace. A hat is an ambitious first project. Nice work!