PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

susies1955
10-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Sara,
Thanks for liking my hat and my sewing room.
That room was just a JUNK room with the plaster falling off the wall and old broken wood floors and the wall paper was SO old and dirty. I cleaned it out one day and stuck an old school desk in there with my old sewing machine and my ironing board as I had gotten interested in quilting. My husband came in four months later and said "I need to put a few outlets in" and then he got that started and declared.........."I'M going to do the whole room over. Yeha. It didn't take me long to move into the bedroom and let him go at it. I made my first curtains ever for that room and the first wall hanging ever. :)
It is small but it is nice and all mine. :)
Thank for liking it,
Susie

koolbreeze
10-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Susie!!!! what a great room!!! i love your first quilt! and for a first you choose a queen!!! WOW!!!! my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... you get the picture have all been baby quilts... i'm too skeered to do anything bigger!!!! and do you quilt them on the sewing machine? i want to learn to quilt on mine but i skeered to do that to... its not like knitting when you mess up you can just frog and start over but if you mess up quilting... you'll be rippin for days! my mom quilts my quilts on her quilter. but very nice projects!!!! (sorry for the ramble! :thumbsup:

kemp~ pretty sock... one day i'll do scoks! ;)

susies1955
10-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Carmell,
Thanks for liking my room and my quilts.
I haven't quilted my first quilt yet but will. I wanted to learn something about it first.
I just did a blue queen one not too long ago and I loved doing it and yes on my machine. I have a Janome 6500 so the throat to move the quilt around is good sized.
JUST DO IT. Make a big one. You can do it.
:)
Susie

KellyK
10-04-2005, 06:52 PM
And, OH! Kempy! I dunno HOW I missed your adorable sock, but it's ADORABLE! :rofling:

Joel
10-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Well... it's taken me a few days to get a chance to take these pics. I found the 8 MB card for our dig cam and it doesnt work either... now I'm wondering if there's a problem with the camera itself....

So I had to take finished scarf pics on our really old webcam... guess its better than nothing.

KellyK
10-04-2005, 07:18 PM
:cheering: YAYYYY JOEL!!! :cheering:

Ingrid
10-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Looks great--even without a high-tech photo!!

earthchick
10-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Beautiful scarf! Beautiful hat! Beautiful socks! :cheering:

I'm all inspired!!!

Ennormir
10-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Here's the scarf I knitted up for my sis...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/ennormir/finished.jpg

and the monogram...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/ennormir/monogram.jpg

koolbreeze
10-04-2005, 09:18 PM
that is nice!!! :thumbsup:

Ennormir
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks! :D

Silver
10-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Wow!!! I've gotten very behind on this thread again, but everything looks so wonderful!
http://forum-images.hardware.fr/images/perso/ddpforman.gif

LisaD715
10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Everyone, beautiful projects!!! I have got to get busy on mine....I was making a blanket for Stephen's girlfriend, Rachel, but they broke up today, so.....

I started my second attemp of the dolphin dishcloth with the waves....lifeline goes in this one. Mary, I might be getting a hold of you for guidance.

DotMom61
10-04-2005, 10:34 PM
All right ... that's it. I just came out to see what was going since I was on here this afternoon, and all these FOs are posted. So, I'm outta here, and I'm going to go finish up my Oregon Tote, if at all possible. All I need to do is knit two i-cords for it and felt it. That will be 2 out of 5 bags DONE!

Hasta la vista!

MaryS
10-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Way to go Joel! :cheering: The scarf looks great! :cheering: :cheering:

Lisa, give a shout if you have any problems with the waves! My DD just broke up with her boyfriend last weekend - glad I hadn't started his Xmas present yet.

Everything always looks so great on here!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Happy Knitting :XX: :XY:

Mary

KellyK
10-05-2005, 08:41 AM
My DD just broke up with her boyfriend last weekend - glad I hadn't started his Xmas present yet.

HA! I was just saying the SAME thing about my sis's BFs clogs last week & everybody was makin fun of me! Im glad Im not the only one!!!

I finished FILs cloggies last night....WOTA in Winters Night and Mist, Men's size M.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clogs_for_fil.jpg

MaryS
10-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Kelly,

Those are PRETTY! I finished Dad's GF's in Violet and Mist last night, too.

My next pair is going to be in Stream and Coal for my dad. He wears size 11.5 so I was going to do men's med even though it says they're size 11. I wouldn't want to go to the large I don't think :?? :thinking: Any thoughts?

Mary

KellyK
10-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks, Mary! Yes...do the M.

I did a pair in Stream....its a nice color!

kemp
10-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Love the colors on that pair, KK!

AidanM
10-05-2005, 10:24 AM
I love how all the clogs are kinda funny lookin' before they're felted. Talk about the ugly duckling and the beautiful swan!

KellyK
10-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks, Kemp!

Aidan...I wish you could see them in person.....FREAKISHLY HUGE! Someone here once referred to them as "The Clogs that Ate Cincinnati"!! :roflhard:

Ennormir
10-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Nice clogs, KK! I really like that Winter Night! Definitely going to br a favorite of mine.

Here's the baby cap I finished!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/ennormir/hat2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/ennormir/hat1.jpg

kemp
10-05-2005, 04:04 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: Yep, it's all coming back to me now...hugeified clogs with cheap wool that never shrank enough...probably why I haven't started any more :oops:

mintdee
10-05-2005, 04:08 PM
All that stuff is so pretty everybody! Can't wait to get to that level. :)

KnittinKitten
10-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Okay ... I finished this tank top a couple of weeks ago and just tonight finished sewing it up. Why do I race to finish knitting things and then let them sit and sit and sit before I actually complete them?!? :rollseyes:

Too bad summer is over now that it's done. <sigh>

:XX:

The Mod Squad was here! :waving:

KnittinKitten
10-05-2005, 11:13 PM
:oops: Good Grief!!! Why was that photo so large??? :??

Sorry everyone ... not sure what happened.

feministmama
10-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Very cool felted stuff everyone! I made this on the plane to and from Palm Springs last week. Love the pattern this Opal petticoat makes!

Pattern please.

feministmama
10-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I finished FILs cloggies last night....WOTA in Winters Night and Mist, Men's size M.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clogs_for_fil.jpg

KellyK you are the goddess of clogs!! How many pairs have you made so far? I'm SO calling on you when I start my clogs and I screw up.

KellyK
10-06-2005, 12:10 AM
That's my 7th pair....13? more to go.

You'll have me and a whole KAL thread to consult whenever you're ready, Femmy!

koolbreeze
10-06-2005, 10:15 AM
femi~ its on Kemp's blog

Ingrid
10-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Okay ... I finished this tank top a couple of weeks ago and just tonight finished sewing it up. Why do I race to finish knitting things and then let them sit and sit and sit before I actually complete them?!? :rollseyes:

I think it's a common trait that we love to knit and hate the finishing part. You're not alone there!

benniesma
10-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Sheesh! I really don't visit this thread as often as I should! Love those socks Kemp! I want to make a pair with that Petticoat. The colors are soooo pretty.

Susie, great job on the hat! I'm impressed that your first project was something more challenging than a scarf. Great job!!

benniesma
10-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Whoops! Forgot to post my FP! Just a basic scarf, but soooo softy! You can't tell in the pic, but the color is a pretty raspberry pink.

(Edited to add the *&^$@%&* picture. Sorry about the fuzzy pic. Our focus on the digital cam is broken.)

kemp
10-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Olivia looks so comfy in that!

Femi~I decided not to post the pattern for now...I am going to try to submit it.

feministmama
10-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Olivia looks so comfy in that!

Femi~I decided not to post the pattern for now...I am going to try to submit it.

Cool! Can't wait, it is a really purdy pattern. :heart:

rebecca
10-06-2005, 11:15 PM
WOW, I need to get here more often!!Great projects everyone!!!
:happydance: :happydance:
Andrea- :heart: :heart: your bag!
Kemp_Girl, u know I :inlove: :heart: those sox!
Susie-WTG on your 1st project :cheering: :cheering:
Joel_very 8-) cool scarf!
Enormir- :heart: :heart: the scarf & baby cap :D
KK- :heart:in' the blues!
Knitten-I just :heart: the top, very pretty color ;)
bennie-very cool & cuddly scarf!

Here are pics of my completed Dulaan Scarf. I used 660 yds worsted wt natural WOTA.
Then we have the matching hat with cable band with picked up sts with spiral crown decreases done with knitpicks natural fingering wt yarn.
I am now writing the pattern for the fingerless gloves to go with :D

KnittinKitten
10-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Wow, Rebecca! The hat and scarf are soooo elegant -- I especially love the hat. Such perfect stitching. These are works of art.

KellyK
10-07-2005, 12:01 AM
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, Rebecca!!

LisaD715
10-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Becka.......I LOVE that hat and scarf!!!! Your talent NEVER ceases to amaze me......I really wanna move to Savannah and come learn from the master.....

Ingrid
10-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Absolutely beautiful!

rebecca
10-07-2005, 08:06 AM
WOW..thanks everyone! You are all so sweet ;) and kind, you make me :blush:!

kemp
10-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Rebecca, the scarf and hat are beautiful! Are they for you or some lucky gift recipient? You better be keeping SOMETHING for yourself, you know!

rebecca
10-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks, Kemp!
Yep, these are for me. I decided a while back that it was time to knit for me & Lonnie. I finished projects that were already promised for others and this ensemble is the 1st of many things that are now being done for us!! I'm very excited about it...I've always knit for others, not for me & knitting for me is really FUN :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: !!

kemp
10-07-2005, 09:00 AM
YAY! I am so glad to hear it...you deserve to keep some of your gorgeous wrok! Did you ever get those soy boxers done for Lonnie? Waiting for a pic, GRRR ;)

benniesma
10-07-2005, 09:03 AM
WOW! Rebecca those are just gorgeous! :notworthy:

Joel
10-07-2005, 11:29 AM
WoW! Rebecca... that hat and scarf are incredible!

rebecca
10-07-2005, 12:01 PM
WOW everyone, thanks so very much...ya'll are so sweet ;) :heart: !!
LOL, I didn't do soy boxers for Lonnie, he wasn't as fascinated by the idea as we...LOL!! I've not had time to do anything for him yet, either. He has picked the reversible cable scarf in "Scarf Style" It's shown on a girl, but it will look very nice on a man & the color Phoenix yarn that I have will look very good on him with a yummy brown suit....oh yeah :blush: ;)!!

KellyK
10-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Nuthin' fancy...a SCRUNCHABLE SCARF (http://www.knitlist.com/96gift/giftsscarf.htm) for DHs aunt for Christmas....I added the crochet border...I like the way it fans out the ends of the scarf. This pattern makes a REALLY soft squooshy fabric!

rebecca
10-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Ohhh, KK, that's pretty! I love the way it fans, too! Looks very, very yummy & soft :D. Auntie will :heart: :heart: it....ain't no doubt ;)!
Girl, you are one busy Christmas knittin' girl :D !!!

Julie
10-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Rebecca, those turned out beautiful!! :inlove:

(Someday I'll have the patience to knit with fingering weight yarn.)

DotMom61
10-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Still working on my 2nd felted bag, the Pie Are Square Shawl and Quick & Easy Shell, but in order to break up the boredom, I knit a square for Cheryl's (Kemp's) contest ... here's the finished (but unblocked) product:

http://static.flickr.com/32/50366711_83e13a6faa.jpg

Is it just me, or does this look like a mob of horseshoe crabs in this picture? :doh:

<sigh> I seem to be having one of those days.

DotMom61
10-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Yup ... it's supposed to be leaves, but that durn picture looks like horeshoe crabs.

http://static.flickr.com/25/50370301_ba67169e7d_m.jpg

Julie
10-07-2005, 10:51 PM
:roflhard: Julie, I'm sure it will be even more bee-yootiful when it's blocked. :heart:

KellyK
10-07-2005, 11:21 PM
JUL, ITS GAWGEOUS!!! I wouldnt even block it! I LOVE the texture of it!!

DotMom61
10-08-2005, 12:32 AM
So, it doesn't look crabby to you?

Honestly, it seems to be one of those things where I'm too close to the project, and I've lost all objectivity. I no longer feel like I can make an objective judgment of this piece of knitting.

*I* know what's it's supposed to look like, and I can't take a step back and say, "Yeah, 'em are some *good* leaves,"

or

"What in the world *is* that, anyway? Horseshoe crabs? I've never seen a pattern for horseshoe crabs before!"

KellyK
10-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Them ARE some good leaves!! :thumbsup: Not in the LEAST bit crabby! :lol:

rebecca
10-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Julie, that is simply GAWGEOUS, my friend!! LOL, I would never have considered horseshoe crabs until u placed the photo...lol :roflhard: ...that is funny....BUT, they do look like leaves to me & very, very lovely :D
Really, really and truly, really....beeeautiful leaves, no crabs at all!! :happydance: :happydance:

javede
10-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Wow, Rebecca that scarf and hat set looks wonderfull!
Will it have a bucket form when blocked?

Kelly that yarn you used in the scarf is really yummy.

Julie, it doesn't look crabby! Side note: horseshoe crabs are the reason I never went swiming at our house in Indonesia, a cousin of mine brought one of these out :?

benniesma
10-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Julie, I would never have thought horseshoe crab. (Of course I didn't know what one looked like till you posted your picture.) They look like some mighty fine leaves to me! :cheering:

DotMom61
10-08-2005, 09:33 AM
OK, thank you everyone for all of the positive affirmations of my leaves. :lol: It was just weird when I posted that picture & saw how it looked online! I wasn't sure Kemp would really want to add that square to her afghan! :shock:

As a matter of fact I was so obsessed with how weird they looked that I forgot to mention how lovely everyone else's stuff looks!!! :oops: I am always inspired and amazed by what I see out here!!! Makes me think we ought to open our own boutique or something!! I can imagine there are people in this world that would pay big $$$ for some of the projects I've seen on here!

*And* you first-time knitters out here are incredible! You just seem to hit the ground running. Good job, ladies and gents!!!

And, Kelly, I think your 'nana has to go potty.

rebecca
10-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your kind words :D ya'll are so sweet!
Javede, no, it actually isn't a bucket hat, but I had to stretch a bit during the blocking and the only thing I had was the flower pot, it's turned out nicely as a regular head forming cap...I will get another pic of it since it's blocked!

leptira
10-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Rebecca I :heart: that dulaan scarf that you did might I ask where I would be able to find a pattern like that?
Txs :D

rebecca
10-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Hi, leptira, I am very, very happy to share THIS blog (http://wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/index.php), which belongs to a wonderful lady by the name of Robbyn who has been so kind and gracious as to share her patterns & tips, as well as a wealth of knowledge with everyone!! You will find several wonderful patterns there!! All of her patterns are on my long project list :D!

As promised, here is the picture of the hat after the blocking process. I think that it turned out quite nicely...I can't wait for cold weather now so I can wear it...although I have to quickly finish with the wrist warmers & socks ;) !!

kome
10-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Rebecca! What a lovely hat! :) It's so perfectly knit. I wish I were so patient! I couldn't wait to wear mine, so I wore it today. Everyone got a kick out of it. :happydance:

I added ear flats that are pockets, and you can take them off if you want to. I really REALLY want to see this on one of my little cousins. Lol.

I bought the yarn from the $1 Target stash. It knit pretty well, but I had to be careful while sewing it up. Oh... and it doesn't stretch AT ALL. But I still love it! :heart:

rebecca
10-08-2005, 06:48 PM
:happydance: :happydance: Kome...your hat is just too cute :D

KellyK
10-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Kome....that is just TOO cool and unusual!!

Ive been knitting little dinky things last night and today...knit up 2 suares for Kempy's contest, and (you're all gonna laugh) I FINISHED a dishcloth that I started way back in January when I was learning to knit! All I had left to do was, like, 2 inches of it.....I CANNOT BELIEVE what a TIGHT knitter I was!! Did it on sz 5s and could BARELY get the needle into the sts!! :shock:

kome
10-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Kelly! I LOVE those dishclothes! They are so very cute. I really like the textures on them, and that first one ecspecially. :)

Ingrid
10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Your squares are beautiful! You can't tell where the 'old' knitting ends and the recent addition begins!

feministmama
10-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Awright y'all, KellyK is gonna win this contest just from shear number of entries!!! Lets give her a run for her money ...er yarn and start sending in those squares!!!!!!! :cheering: :XX:

rebecca
10-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Ingrid is correct, KK...I have no idea which one is the 1st...you are a born knitter....u have the 'gift' ;)

jodstr2
10-08-2005, 09:40 PM
wow KK... I love them! :inlove:

dustinac
10-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Wow ya'll have been busy little bees!! My little girl became sick early Thurs morning so now I'm playing catch up!! Wanted to share with ya what I finished though the black and red purse I finished before last weekend and then the felted bag I knitted while she laid on my lap this week.. Kelly I"ve been doing little squares too hoping one day to have enough for an assorted afghan of some kind :thinking:

Great knitting guys you guys have done some wonderful work!! Loved it all!!

Ingrid
10-09-2005, 01:27 PM
They look loverly!! Did you decide to go without the leaves? I thought that was a cool idea.

rebecca
10-09-2005, 02:14 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Very Nice, Dusti!! I love the leaves on the bag!!

KellyK
10-09-2005, 04:12 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the leaves!!! :cheering:

Thanks for your compliments, everybody!

Femmy, I have only made three entries...same amt as you! :lol: I am hoping that my winning edge will come from the fact that I was her FIRST entry, AND she's drawing on my birthday!! :mrgreen:

jodstr2
10-09-2005, 04:36 PM
:inlove: love the bags dustinac!!! :inlove: but I have a weakness for knitted bags. I love those leaves. please keep them on! :cheering:
hope your little one is feeling better :heart:.

dustinac
10-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks everyone!! Gonna keep the leaves on maybe I'll stitch them together and put a pin back on them that way I can wear them in the fall but take them off in the summer :thinking:

koolbreeze
10-09-2005, 10:12 PM
very nice dustin!! :cheering:

dustinac
10-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Thank you Carmell!!

Also, my son just woke up with a fevor so I'm disappearing again for a few days... LOL taking bets on who gets it first dh or me????

feministmama
10-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Femmy, I have only made three entries...same amt as you! :lol: I am hoping that my winning edge will come from the fact that I was her FIRST entry, AND she's drawing on my birthday!! :mrgreen:

Looks like it might be between you and me :doh: Say, when you made that cablely lookin square, did you increase stiches? When I do cables my square squeezes in and gets smaller than 8 inches. Should I cast on more stiches you think or just increase before the cables? :thinking:

KellyK
10-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Nope - I just maintained a pretty loose tension. Will it fix itself with blocking? Or, stretch out when seamed with other squares?

mintdee
10-09-2005, 10:45 PM
How do you know how many to cast on for 8 inch square? I made a square last night and it was 7 inches :doh: I am going to try one more time and if it does not work this time I am giving up. Any ideas for little ol me?

KellyK
10-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Depends on the gauge you are knitting at with the yarn you are using....

Julie
10-10-2005, 01:05 AM
:cheering:

I finally uploaded my pics of this week's FOs...and today I finished Hell's Poncho! There are more pics and details on my blog (http://heyjulie.blogspot.com)...but here are a few...

KellyK
10-10-2005, 01:10 AM
SO SO SOOOO pretty, Julie! I just LOVE the patterns you choose!

DotMom61
10-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Julie --

The poncho's are *amazing*!! I can't believe you made the little one for her doll! You are a totally cool aunt!

The scarves are really pretty to ... is that pattern from Scarf Style???

And Dusti --

Pretty bags!! I bet your Mom's gonna love that one! And, yes, definitely keep the leaves!

rebecca
10-10-2005, 01:21 AM

Looks like it might be between you and me :doh: Say, when you made that cablely lookin square, did you increase stiches? When I do cables my square squeezes in and gets smaller than 8 inches. Should I cast on more stiches you think or just increase before the cables? :thinking:

Generally speaking you cast on an extra 1-2 sts for each 4st cable to avoid the puckering (pulling in) of the knitting.

Julie...love love the ponchos!!
I just love that scarf...I'm going to have to order the pattern, the more of yours that I see, the more that I want it!! Love, love everything :cheering: :cheering:

Julie
10-10-2005, 01:36 AM
Thanks!!

Rebecca, it is SUCH a fun pattern. And I usually don't like scarves at all!! It takes about 2 hours to knit...a great little instant-gratification project. :D

Julie, it's a Loop-d-Loop scarf, but it's not in the book. You have to buy it separately. :doh:

rebecca
10-10-2005, 07:01 AM
Julie, you can buy it right here (http://www.loop-d-loop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LOS&Product_Code=LL-BLS&Category_Code=)...I was so bummed when this scarf wasn't in my book :(

earthchick
10-10-2005, 07:16 AM
KellyK - awesome squares!

Kome - adorable hat!

Dusti - beautiful bags! (love the leaves!)

Julie - WOW! Those ponchos are just amazing. And I love the scarves, too! (I'm knitting a shawl in Suri Dream right now, so I was interested to see how a finished product in that yarn looked - very nice!)

Great job, everyone! :cheering:

Ingrid
10-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Those ponchos are da bomb!!! She is going to flip! I love the scarves, too, but when 5-year-old ryan saw the blue one he wanted me to knit him a snake, too. :rollseyes: I think its the strand coming out of the leaf.

Beatiful work!

mintdee
10-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Beautiful work everyone. My daughter saw the ponchos and demanded a set for herself and her doll. :roflhard:

Yea give me a few months and then we will talk :rollseyes:
:roflhard:
Love all the FO!

Julie
10-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Sandra...just say no! I didn't dub it Hell's Poncho for nothin'!! ;)

(booooooring!)

KellyK
10-10-2005, 10:04 AM
I love the scarves, too, but when 5-year-old ryan saw the blue one he wanted me to knit him a snake, too. :rollseyes:
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Well, Grandma, you'd better knit him a SNAKE then!!

Ingrid
10-10-2005, 10:11 AM
If these boys didn't already have 800 stuffed snakes, I would! :rollseyes:

feministmama
10-10-2005, 11:25 AM
How do you know how many to cast on for 8 inch square? I made a square last night and it was 7 inches :doh: I am going to try one more time and if it does not work this time I am giving up. Any ideas for little ol me?

This happened to me too. I was knitting at 5 st per inch so I fgured cast on 40 right? wrong. I just knit about an inch worth and put it next to a flat ruler and you can see that its 2 stiches off here or four stiches too big ther and adjust as necessary. It did take several tries before I figured it out. Then I tried another yarn and needles and I had to do the whole process over agian. But once I figured it out Imade a whole bunch of em in THAT yarn with THOSE needles so I know. :thumbsup:

snephenie
10-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Julie- what size needles did you use for the dream, I just bought two balls today and want to make a simple garter stitch scarf for my mom. Do you think 15 is too big?

kome
10-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Dusti, I love the bags! Ecspecially that first one. And Julie, that poncho set is just adorable. I want to see the little one in it. :lol:

dustinac
10-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Julie those turned out great!! Great Job :cheering:

Julie
10-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

Steph, I used US13s for the Suri Dream...I doubled it because that's what the pattern called for and I liked the feel of it. I probably would have gone with 10.5 or 11 had it not been doubled.
My goddaughter loooooved her ponchos. :cheering:

KnittinKitten
10-10-2005, 09:18 PM
WOW everyone - such beautiful work. Ponchos, scarves, hats, clogs - I am so impressed with the perfect needlework and creativity - and especially from all the new knitters.

Here's one of my new projects -- a pillow for my sunroom:

Ingrid
10-10-2005, 09:26 PM
It's kind of hard to see all at once, but your stitches look very even close-up! Sorry--it took me a long time to learn how to post a picture at all--didn't even have a camera.

Is the edging knit-on? It's intriguing. I like the use of the different types of yarn, too.

I have some yarns that are very different from each other, but not enough of each to make anything. I never thought of a multi-textured pillow. Great idea!

KnittinKitten
10-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks, Ingrid ... I am really having problems with posting photos. I use Webshots and I can't seem to get them small enough. It's making me some kind of crazy. Any help from any digital photo buffs would be appreciated. Feel free to email privately if you prefer. I really hate taking up all the bandwitdh with these huge photos. :crying:

Yes, I used 3 different textures of yarn ... the green is a flat ribbon-Tai by Filatura di Grossa: 50% cotton, 50% Poliomminide (what is THAT?), and the other was a thinner self-striping cotton (I've lost the band) and the back is 100% linen. I sewed the band/ribbon on separately.

Thanks for the comment - I'm proud of this project (I hardly ever say that!) :cheering:

Ingrid
10-10-2005, 09:54 PM
I've been using Kodak, and there is a screen where I edit the photo which gives me the option of what size I want to save it at. I pick Best for Web. Maybe Webshots has something similar.

rebecca
10-10-2005, 09:59 PM
knittenkitten...love, love your pillow!!
If u have an area for reducing pictures with your digital camera program, there should be an area for custom sizing...reduce your picture so that the largest #(whether width or height) is no larger than 256 pixels..at least, that's the way that I do mine. I am NOT, by any stretch of the imagination a digital camera genious...I point & shoot...that's it; nor do I know anything about this site & photos beyond what I do...I'm sure there are 'electonic' people around that can guide you if this doesn't work ;). SLR cameras are so much easier...lol!!

KnittinKitten
10-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks, Rebecca - I so appreciate the comments. Methinks I need to get DH involved in the photo process here. I'm going to go play with the camera and change the setting on the camera since I can't seem to change the setting on Webshots ... except to make the photos even LARGER. Yikes! :shock:

rebecca
10-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Ask Amy or one of the moderators...I bet they can tell u exactly what to do!

KnittinKitten
10-10-2005, 11:04 PM
I know I already posted a photo and you're all probably a little more than bored with me and my project ... but I just had to try this again. As soon as DH was through doing laundry and folding my undies ... he showed me how to resize my image. Am I lucky - or what!? :heart:

Ingrid
10-10-2005, 11:08 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: I'm sorry but I just had to laugh!! You need to rename it Small Pillow in a really, really big frame.

KnittinKitten
10-10-2005, 11:43 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: This is just cracking me up!

Good Gravy! What is wrong with me??

I've worked on these stupid photos and stuff all night and haven't knit a stitch. Argh!

mintdee
10-10-2005, 11:46 PM
:roflhard: Ahh the adventures of picture posting!
The pillow looks beautiful!

Ingrid
10-10-2005, 11:54 PM
If it's any consolation, I was on this page when my dh walked in the room. I showed him and he told me I shouldn't laugh because of all the trouble I had when I tried to post my first pictures. You're not alone!!

brendajos
10-11-2005, 12:03 AM
lol...well i think the second really big frame is due to the really big pictures above that are making us scroll all over the place.

i host all my pics on www.photobucket.com and it has a handy little tool that allows you to resize the pics if they end up too big. easy easy!

KellyK
10-11-2005, 12:04 AM
The frame is still really big because of the really big pics that are still above...Ill fix 'em!

GREAT JOB on the resizing, Kitten!

KnittinKitten
10-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Whew! :doh:

Thanks, KK -- I'm going to bed now!

Ingrid
10-11-2005, 08:47 AM
:cheering:

margie
10-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Beautiful pillow!! Love the different textures and colors. :thumbsup:

KellyK
10-11-2005, 11:16 AM
I was so busy fixin pics that I forgot to mention that the pillow is GORGEOUS!

ebrperk
10-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Here is a picture of my finished scarf.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/ebrperk/IM001368.jpg

KnittinKitten
10-11-2005, 04:30 PM
I love the size of this scarf - but, more importantly - what an adorable model!

Is this a pattern you can share?

rebecca
10-11-2005, 04:57 PM
ebrperk, I do so love your scarf; but i must agree with the kitten...very adorable model that you have :D

Ingrid
10-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Very nice--looks so soft, and she looks so proud!

ebrperk
10-11-2005, 05:05 PM
I am so excited that I figured out how to post pictures. That adorable model is my five year old daughter Elisabeth. The scarf is a free one that I got at a yarn store. The owner got it off the internet for me. I made the scarf for my oldest sister Terri. I am trying to decide if I should give it to her for Christmas or wait until her birthday in January.

Robin

rebecca
10-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Robin, it looks like someone has already claimed it ;)

DotMom61
10-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Robin, it looks like someone has already claimed it ;)

That's what I was thinking, Rebecca!!

Robin, you might have a difficult time convincing Elisabeth that the scarf, while it looks lovely with her red dress, has to be passed on! ;-) She's so cute!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~--~-~-~-~-~-~-~--~-~-~-~-~-~-~--~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

And, now I finally get to post an FO ... it seems like it's been so long!!

Anyway, here is my first Oregon Tote (http://www.knitkit.com/#Oregon%20Totes) (and the 2nd of 5 bags that I'm making for gifts) ... pre-felting:

http://static.flickr.com/32/51746003_bb9b2afb53.jpg

Then, here it is in almost the same position, but the light wasn't as good -- you can see how much it shrank:

http://static.flickr.com/30/51746002_c935d6dbf9.jpg

And, finally, a standing picture. This is one sturdy bag!!!

http://static.flickr.com/28/51746006_6d6d53e735.jpg

This was knit with Lamb's Pride worsted (Jack's Plum and Periwinkle), two strands held together throughout. It really is a nice size, and I love how sturdy it is.

If I were to do this same bag over again, I would choose a lighter color than Jack's Plum to go w/ the Periwinkle. I feel like there is too much contrast between these two colors.

jodstr2
10-11-2005, 11:29 PM
VERY cute, all of you!!! what nice projects!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

KellyK
10-12-2005, 12:21 AM
SO NICE, Jul!! I LIKE the plum and periwinkle!! And, I love that pattern...how big is the finished product??

rebecca
10-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Julie, I so love your Oregon tote :D Love the colors, everything! I was thinking about buying the pattern & now that I've seen yours...I may have to give it another thought ;) ! Just lovely :D

foothills
10-12-2005, 07:31 AM
I :heart: the Oregon tote Julie...beautiful scarves, pillow, etc., etc :thumbsup:

I won an e-bay auction for 7 FT patterns last week...the Oregon tote was included and I'm looking forward to making one...your colors are beautiful!

Joyce

Ingrid
10-12-2005, 08:08 AM
I, too, love the colors of the tote! Looks great!

ebrperk
10-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I love the tote. I think the dark on the bottom is great. It won't show as much dirt.

Robin

koolbreeze
10-12-2005, 09:41 AM
nice tote! my wouldn't stand up like that!!! WTG! :thumbsup:

koolbreeze
10-12-2005, 10:00 AM
heres the sweater that i finally made for my cousins baby. Krickett is modeling for us this morning!

DotMom61
10-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks, everyone!

Rebecca, I definitely recommend this pattern. It makes such a nice, sturdy bag. I think, Carmell, that the reason mine is so sturdy is due to the 2 strands of worsted held together. What kind of yarn did you make yours with?

And, Kelly, the really poorly photographed ruler next to the bag is 18" long. I think from stem to stern, this bag is about 14" tall.

And, Carmell!! That sweater is adorable! I love that you can see Krickett's feet in action in that one picture!!! Too cute ... Kickin' Krickett!

KellyK
10-12-2005, 10:58 AM
REALLY nice job, Carmell!

That's a nice size tote, Julie! :thinking:

rebecca
10-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Carmell, I love the sweater! I love pink, it's just so pretty :D . Although, there is a problem...the model does outshine the sweater ;)

kates530
10-12-2005, 11:11 AM
This is my second finished project. My first was an awful scarf that I'm too embarassed to put up. But this one came out pretty well. What a great pattern! I've since added fringe. I'm planning to make a few more for some friends. This is my 18 month old daughter Ella modeling it.

DotMom61
10-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Kate --

That Ella is a born model!! Look at that pose! :rofling: She's just gorgeous, and the poncho looks very nice ... well done!

kates530
10-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks Julie! Just wait until she grows some hair...then she'll really knock 'em dead! :D

snephenie
10-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Julie-How much yarn does that pattern call for? I LOVE it! Might have to call LYS and see if they have the pattern.

kates530
10-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Steph - Did you mean the poncho above from me (Kate)? or were you asking Julie about another pattern? Sorry, I'm confused :thinking:

rebecca
10-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Kate :cheering: :cheering: excellent job, especially considering it to be your 2nd...WTG!! Oh my, Ella breaks my heart, reminds me of my baby (she's 20 now) of whom would (and still does ;)) strike a pose at any time. Ella is a born model, for sure!!! Very nice work, nice even sts... :happydance: :happydance:

kates530
10-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Thank you so much Rebecca! My daughter does like the camera, as does my 3 year old son. I'll have to make something for him so he can pose too :XX:

KellyK
10-12-2005, 12:36 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE that baby!!!!! My niece's name is Ella. NIBBLE NIBBLE!! :heart:

snephenie
10-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Kate-I was actually talking about the Oregon tote.

But that poncho is adorable, what kind of yarn did you use? I LOVE the color.

kates530
10-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Sorry Steph! :oops:
I used Lion Chenille in Sage
Good Luck on your tote!

Ingrid
10-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Carmell--the sweater looks great--I see you got the sleeves on!

I love the poncho, too--looks like a good bring-along blankie! Look ma! No hands! ;)

dustinac
10-12-2005, 04:24 PM
:cheering: Everything looks wonderful love the colors on the bag, the sweater is adorable, great work on the poncho!! My 2yr old still won't wear her poncho :doh:

mshelton
10-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I knitted this shawl and had no idea what it would end up looking like since there was no picture and my experience is limited. But I liked that it was someone's grandmother's pattern so I gave it a try. It a free pattern at http://knitlist.com/97gift/autumnshawl.htm Here's a picture of it hanging on a chair.

I'm adding that the pattern worked well except for the very last part of it. (the collar). I just decreased every other row on each end until I was down to the instructions for the remaining 7 stitches. If you are considering doing this pattern, feel free to ask me any questions. I have a bunch of sport weight yarn so I used two strands and size 10.5 circular needles

dustinac
10-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Thats really pretty! I'm working on my dh's grandmother one but needed one for my grandmother think I'm gonna try this one for her... :XX: for Christmas

Ingrid
10-12-2005, 04:32 PM
That's beautiful! :heart: It takes quite an act of faith to knit something without know how it's going to look in the end. I imagine it was fun to see the pattern emerging!

rebecca
10-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Absolutely gorgeous, just stunning! I :heart: that shawl :D

koolbreeze
10-12-2005, 06:28 PM
thanks everyone! yes i got the sleeves on Ingrid. i did the seamless method.
i :heart: the ponchoand shawl!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KellyK
10-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I LOVE things with leaves on them.....

DotMom61
10-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Kate-I was actually talking about the Oregon tote.

But that poncho is adorable, what kind of yarn did you use? I LOVE the color.

Hi Sneph!!

I used roughly about 5 skeins of Lamb's Pride worsted. The pattern calls for 600-700 yards of bulky. So, I guess that seems reasonable, 'cause each of the Lamb's Pride skeins is about 190 yards, and two strands held together seems bulkier than bulky wool.

What I'm saying -- and not very well :doh: -- is that I thought it might take double the amount of yarn using two strands of worsted, but since two strands of worsted seem bulkier than one strand of bulky, it ended up not using double the original amount.

Does this make any sense? I'm operating on not enough sleep. :zzz:

DotMom61
10-12-2005, 11:48 PM
I knitted this shawl and had no idea what it would end up looking like since there was no picture and my experience is limited. But I liked that it was someone's grandmother's pattern so I gave it a try. It a free pattern at http://knitlist.com/97gift/autumnshawl.htm Here's a picture of it hanging on a chair.

That is such a lovely shawl!! I, like Kelly, have this thing about leaves, and that is just so pretty. I bet you were ecstatic when you saw the pattern emerging. I've filed it away in my "to be knit" folder. :-) Thanks for sharing it with us!

javede
10-13-2005, 01:04 AM
That shawl is really pretty! And your quite brave to knit it without knowing how it will look!

I just finished my second pair of socks. Since there was so much yarn left over and my cousins first birthday was on tuesday, I also made a pair for her. I needed to make a different heel, baby feets are small ;)

rebecca
10-13-2005, 02:06 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Very nice job, Javede!!! WTG :happydance: :happydance:

KellyK
10-13-2005, 07:15 AM
HAPPY SOCKS!!! :cheering:

Ingrid
10-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Very nice! I love little sockies!

InterNette
10-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Matching socks, that is very special. I love those colors. What is harder to knit the adult size or baby size.

dustinac
10-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Love the socks great job :cheering:

mshelton
10-13-2005, 11:53 AM
It was fun to knit blindly (and to have it work out), and it kept me knitting longer periods than I planned so I could see what the design would be. I'm really enjoying looking at others' projects. Are socks hard to knit? Those socks are so cute. I have started another shawl project while I waiting for my knitpicks WOTA for more christmas clogs.

kome
10-13-2005, 01:58 PM
So my coaches 50th surprise birthday party is coming up this Saturday. I wanted to do something different than every other year because mum and I always get him tootsie pops (he LOVES them). So I designed a hat with the Tootsie logo, but with his name in it instead. This is the first intarsia I've done with more than one color, and only second time, so it came out a bit scrunched, but I think he'll like it.

Oh, and he's my Roller Skating coach. I don't compete anymore, but I used to. I still go to sessions though, and his party is at the rink! It's gonna be so much fun. :happydance:

InterNette
10-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Now that is orginal. Very cool, and what a special touch the candies inside. Who wouldnt love this for a present.

kome
10-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Now that is orginal. Very cool, and what a special touch the candies inside. Who wouldnt love this for a present.

Well I do love to be creative! Sometimes the result is good... sometimes it's just goofy. Thanks!

humblestumble
10-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Well, I dunno if you can stop making in scrunch now that you're done with it, but if the strands are long enough, cut them in the middle and weave in the ends. And Next time, start a new strand every time you switch between colors and let a little makeshift ball of yarn hang.

Joel
10-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Well I just checked through the last 3 or so pages of this thread... neat FOs everyone. The sweater, socks, ponchos, and hat... WTG!

:thumbsup:

kome
10-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Well, I dunno if you can stop making in scrunch now that you're done with it, but if the strands are long enough, cut them in the middle and weave in the ends. And Next time, start a new strand every time you switch between colors and let a little makeshift ball of yarn hang.

Hey, I didn't think about that. Good idea! Kind of a pain, but it would probably look a lot better. :) :cheering:

rebecca
10-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Kome...girl...you have the gift! You are doing your own original designs and have from design one! I can see you designing all sorts of goodies! I :heart: :inlove: :heart: your coach's hat...and he CERTAINLY WILL :thumbsup:

javede
10-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Kome, that is one special gift :thumbsup:

Socks really aren't that hard to knit. I followed Silvers tutorial and the pictures really did help!
The baby size(is a one year old still a baby :?? ) wasn't harder to knit, but I found a tutorial for the heel also with photos, don't think I could have managed without it. I think in english it's the short-row heel, but I'm not sure.

mintdee
10-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Everybodies stuff looks great! Keep up the great work :)

dustinac
10-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Great job Kome!! :thumbsup:

kome
10-14-2005, 09:17 PM
And another hat! I wanted it to be shorter, so I changed the decrease in the pattern without thinking... oops... :rollseyes: I still really like it though. I extended the ribbing and added an odd little creature on the side- oh, and the hearts of course. What do you think?!?! Intarsia makes me soooo happy. Teehee.

I used this http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123 pattern again. I've now made three hats with this pattern and it gets easier every time! I guess I should try something new, but I have come to really like this pattern. It's so easy to add things to it.

rebecca
10-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Cool 8-) hat!

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Delightful! You have quite a knack for this!

kome
10-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Delightful! You have quite a knack for this!

It's just too bad I can't seem to get myself to make anything NORMAL. I DO wear normal clothing.... sometimes....

I just love making designs so much and being creative I CAN'T STOP. :shock:

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Then DON'T stop!!! Who says you have to make scarves and mittens and socks and sweaters and clogs? Do what makes you happy--you certainly do it well--stick with it!

KellyK
10-14-2005, 09:52 PM
And sometimes you wear NO clothing! :roflhard:

GREAT hat, Kome.....you have the coolest knack for making things your own....KUDOS! :cheering:

Mer
10-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Cute hat kome! :thumbsup:

kome
10-14-2005, 10:27 PM

GREAT hat, Kome.....you have the coolest knack for making things your own....KUDOS! :cheering:

:rofling:

dustinac
10-14-2005, 11:20 PM
:cheering: Great Job

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 01:24 AM

Oh my goodness. Did I miss something?

And, Kome, you are quite the creative knitter! How did your coach like his hat???? Love the little critter on the side of the 2nd one, and the hearts are very cute!

Keep on boldly knitting!

Mer
10-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Yay! I finished my Orangina! (http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id92.html) I really really like it. :D It felt like it took forever with the small needles and yarn, but I think it was worth it.

I used Elann Endless Summer Lara yarn in black (4 balls) and size 3 needles.

http://static.flickr.com/25/52763330_2ac7394f39.jpg

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Ooooh! That came out beautifully!!! Nice job. AND you included your head! ;)

ebrperk
10-15-2005, 04:45 PM
I love all the finished projects. It is great to associate with such talented knitters.

Here is a picture of the baby blanket that I JUST finished. I did it in eleven days due to the person I made if for is about to give birth any day.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/ebrperk/IM001370.jpg

Robin

InterNette
10-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Mer you and that gorgeous top are beautiful. I dont know why orangina in my mind made me think it was going to be orange. You should be proud.
You finished a baby afghan, did you sleep at all? It is lovely , the detail and coloring. I would be so happy to wrap a baby in that.

Vendie
10-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Mer, the Orangina is beautiful!! I really like it in black :thumbsup:

Robin, I can't believe you finished a baby blanket in 11 days :shock: wow! It looks great! I like the chevrony pattern :D

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 05:22 PM
The blanket looks great, too. She'll love it!

Sylvie
10-15-2005, 05:59 PM
The black Orangina and the baby blanket are beautiful, congrats to Mer and Robin! :thumbsup: :cheering: :XX:

kome
10-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Mer... that is GORGEOUS! :inlove:

And Robin... you are crazy! I'd have shot myself. :roflhard: So pretty! :happydance:

KellyK
10-15-2005, 09:41 PM
MER ITS PERFECT!!!! :cheering: Looks GREAT with your head! REALLY...its fits you SO well!

LOVELY baby blanket, ebr!!!! Things like that are treasured for YEARS....

Joel
10-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Ok... catch up time... i think. lol

Kome.... don't stop doing what you do. You do it very well. That hat is neat!

Mer.... Wow! That Orangina is incredible. Very nicely done.

Ebr... I really like that baby blanket! I love the color combo you are using!

foothills
10-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Ok... catch up time... i think. lol

I AGREE...CAN'T KEEP UP WITH ALL OF THESE THREADS ANYMORE so if I happen to miss a project here and there, please FORGIVE me :pray:

Mer...You and your orangina are beautiful :thumbsup:

Kome....creative and cute hat :thumbsup:

Robin...the baby blanket is gorgeous :thumbsup:

Joyce

Mer
10-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks guys! Robin, great blanket. :thumbsup: And I'm impressed at how quickly you did it! :shock:

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 11:04 PM
I have to say, Mer, that I like your version of that top much better than the orange one in the pattern. It looks so much more classy in black!

And, ebr, that is such a nice baby blanket. I'm sure it will be treasured for a long time!!

rebecca
10-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Mer-the top is beeeautiful :cheering: :cheering:
robin- what a darling baby blanket :D someone is going to be very warm & comfy this fall & winter :lol:

KellyK
10-15-2005, 11:45 PM
I know I posted a pic of the Summer Swing Top when I finished it, but today was my niece's birthday party so I got a pic of her modeling it! :cheering:

Sylvie
10-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Kelly, your niece is so pretty wearing her beautiful dress, congrats! :cheering:
My niece Rose is 14 months old and I can't stop knitting for her, lol :XX: :happydance:

rebecca
10-16-2005, 09:46 AM
KK, she is ADORABLE and it looks too cute on her :D!! I'm so glad that you posted the picture :happydance: :happydance:
I have asked a gazillion times for pictures to be sent to me with Alyssa in her ensemble that her Honey (me...I refuse to be called Grandma) made for her...but, to no avail :verysad: Although, I have been told that everything fits :D

dustinac
10-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Mer I love that top great job :thumbsup:

Robin love the baby blanket I have one suppose to be done at the end of this month lol wanna do it for me :rofling:

Kelly awww she is so cute love the summer swing top!! :D

KellyK
10-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Thank you SO much, everyone! Now, if I can only get SIL to put the hat & scarf on her that I made LAST year! :lol:

Mer
10-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Aw, kelly that's so cute!

Julie
10-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Mer, that's beautiful! As is Ella, Kelly...she's getting so big!

I'm sooo excited that I finally, finally finally finished MY sweater. The knitting has been done for weeks but I just needed to do two small seams and sew in the zipper. Can you say pro-cras-ti-nat-or?

I was so psyched to change my avatar too...lol, I got irritated with myself every time I looked at the old one. It spurred me on to finish the job! :D

Vendie
10-16-2005, 01:39 PM
That looks FANSHMASTIC Julie!!! I am SOOOO impressed! Good for you for making something for YOURSELF! :cheering:

KellyK
10-16-2005, 02:18 PM
As is Ella, Kelly...she's getting so big!

I KNOW! And, you should hear her TALK..she can (almost) say ANYTHING...at least she tries! Al was testing her on her vegetables last night.... "brockey" and "A-pant" and "ca-fower" :rofling: She's TOO cute. She LOVES my pooches (they love her too...she's a food source for them) and knows their names, except she cant say S's yet, so its Howie, Maddie & FOFIE. :roflhard:

Jul...that sweater is GORGIMOUS! (Since we're now making up new adjectives...the regular ones just DONT do the job, do they, FG??) Why dontcha model it for us?

Julie
10-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks :D I tried to take pictures of me in it with a timer, but failed miserably. I will wear it to the IL get-together though! :happydance:

ebrperk
10-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Thank you for all the nice comments about the baby blanket. I need to make three that I like before the middle of February.

Kelly that little swing dress is so cute she is just adorable in it. Once again the model outshines the project but that is okay.

The sweater was beautiful have fun showing it off at the IL get together. Wish Minnesota wasn't so far away.

Robin

Sylvie
10-16-2005, 02:46 PM
I know what you mean for the sewing, Julie... I just have finished 2 sweaters for my niece but now I have to sew the pieces together... it's sad but I'm not a "sewing person", LOL :roflhard:

Congrats on the finish anyway! :thumbsup: :cheering: :XX:

Ingrid
10-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Great job on the sweater!! I'm so impressed that you got the zipper in. Last time I made a baby sweater that needed a zipper, I just waited until he outgrew the sweater so I was off the hook! :rofling: I bought the zipper and everything!

KellyK
10-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Here's the Striped Beanie from "Easy Knitted Accessories" that I made for a friend of DH as a chemo cap...
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/striped_beanie.jpg

I made Al try it on for you, but Im glad I took pics of it flat, too, because Al looks MISERABLE! :lol:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/striped_beanie_on_al.jpg

I love the yarn (Muensch/GGH's Bali (http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=4)) & colors I used, which are more accurate in the top pic. I already washed & dried it...it snugged up VERY nicely, especially around the join. But, I wasnt a big fan of this particular pattern. It only has 4 decreases per row, and that doesnt make for a nice, round, smooth top.

Julie
10-16-2005, 03:24 PM
It looks great, Kelly! Love the colors! :cheering:

foothills
10-16-2005, 04:03 PM
:heart: the sweater Julie...and Kelly, the hat is fantastic :thumbsup:

Joyce

InterNette
10-16-2005, 05:07 PM
love that sweater. That is so brave zipper and all. I think if I could advance to that I would be dancing.
Love the swing dress and hat, great color selection. I better get knitting, no gifts if i dont get knitting here, you are all motivators with these gifts of love.

KellyK
10-16-2005, 05:08 PM
THank you thank you!

ebrperk
10-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Kelly

I loved the hat. I really like those colors too. GRRREEEEAAAATTT JOB. Your stitches look fantastic.

Robin

koolbreeze
10-16-2005, 06:01 PM
here is my finished baby sock! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oo: :oo: :oo:
i so do not want to do the other!!!!! :evil: :evil: :devil: :devil: :frog:

BTW everyone's FOs look great!

Ingrid
10-16-2005, 06:18 PM
That's adorable!! You knit a sock. Period. It may not be Rebecca's or Silver's sock, but hey--whose are?

foothills
10-16-2005, 06:32 PM
here is my finished baby sock!
i so do not want to do the other!!!!!

:roflhard: I think we all feel that way about some of the projects we do...good job...it does look like a sock ;)

I finished the self-fringing wrap...lesson learned: Do not unravel all of the loops at once when planning to secure each fringe :shock: I finally sorted through to get each fringe secure but was :wall: for awhile :doh: The unraveling was fun though :rofling:

Joyce

Ingrid
10-16-2005, 06:34 PM
That must have been fun to knit! (Except for the fringing, of course!) I never think to do stuff like that.

koolbreeze
10-16-2005, 06:41 PM
thanks

that wrap is pretty! :thumbsup:

foothills
10-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks ..actually...I wouldn't have thought of it either...the mother of my lys owner had knitted one in a beautiful green and she thought it would be a good project to take to the little festival I've gotten myself into on Nov. 5th :wall: :roflhard: I am just so happy that it is only one day...and only for 6 hours :roflhard:

Joyce

rebecca
10-16-2005, 09:27 PM
I so love this thread :D :cheering: :cheering: I enjoy looking at everyone's beautiful projects :D !!
Julie-I really love that sweater...AND with a zipper, I don't know if i can ever do that....zipper envy
KK-I really, really like that pattern, I don't know why u don't care for it, it makes a great looking hat...LOVE IT!!
Carmell-That is the prettiest, cutist baby sock :D I love it!! Do like I do and do 2 socks at the same time and you won't dread the 2nd sock (Second Sock Syndrome)...it makes sock knitting go much faster for me ;) I just love it, job WELL DONE :happydance: :happydance:
Joyce-that wrap is simply STUNNING ;)

Danielle
10-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Wow! All the fo's look great!! :thumbsup: :cheering:

I *finally* finished the baby blanket I was working on. Now I see why Kelly nicknamed it the NEBB (never ending baby blanket). :lol: I had originally planned to give it to my boss, but have decided to keep it and save for when I have kids (especially since it was the first blanket I have ever knitted). I will be making another one for her soon. Here are some pics:

Ingrid
10-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Looks perfect!! I don't blame you for saving it. It's all the more special.

humblestumble
10-16-2005, 10:43 PM
that's adorable! I knit a queen sized blanket before...and that was a NEB! Especially since I kept messing up how many stitches were on it.

KellyK
10-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Im not sure if Ill EVER take on another blanket! :lol: It looks GREAT YVWB!

I finished clogs for my SIL tonight....very boring colors...snickerdoodle & Mist WOTA, women's Large
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clogs_for_sil.jpg

koolbreeze
10-16-2005, 11:41 PM
no blankets for me... i'll stick to my quilts!! its pretty anyway. kk~ nice clogs... again... my 2 dd keep asking for theirs... how about i send you the yarn and you can add thiers to your list! ;)

KellyK
10-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Sure! Ill have them to ya by EASTER! :rofling:

kome
10-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Everyone's things look FANTASTIC!!! It's so inspiring to see everyone's projects. I FINALLY finished the FRONT of my Skully sweater. LOL. GO ME! It has a small hole though. ;__; I think it's from where I left it on the needles too long not working on it.

And Kelly... WOMAN. HOW do you remember which pair goes to whom? You're making me want to make a pair though. :heart: They look so comfy! They have some very similar at Payless, but I'd so rather make a pair. :inlove:

KellyK
10-17-2005, 07:19 AM
GO YOU! :cheering:

I have been putting a little slip of paper with a name on it inside one partner of each pair. :thumbsup:

Let me warn you, Kome....this is not really a pattern that you can "improvise" on, except with color. Well, you CAN embellish them AFTER felting.... :figureditout: OOH! You'd LOVE that! Needle felting!

margie
10-17-2005, 02:39 PM
I finished my clogs today- these ones are for me. I've been wanting to use this yarn for weeks, and just couldn't wait until I got done with my Christmas projects!!

Stonington
10-17-2005, 02:46 PM
:cheering: They look great! :heart: Love the colors!
anne
southern maine

knitqueen
10-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Margie, I absolutely love that color combination! :cheering:

KellyK
10-17-2005, 04:17 PM
REALLY, Margie...I think YOU get the Coolest Clog Award!! 8-)

ebrperk
10-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Margie--

Those colors are fantastic. What colors are they? Do you really have all your Christmas presents finished????

Robin

rebecca
10-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Danielle, I love, love the blanket...looks very snuggly and yummy
KK, still luvin' the clogs, girl ;)
Margie, love your clogs, 2 of my fave colors!

margie
10-17-2005, 06:05 PM
REALLY, Margie...I think YOU get the Coolest Clog Award!! 8-)

Gee whiz, you guys............ :oops:

I had the yarn that I used for these clogs in my hands one day at the yarn store- I resisted the urge, and put it back. That night, I DREAMED about that yarn!! (weird, I know!) I took it as a sign, and the next time I was at the store I bought it. I used plymouth for the cuffs and soles, and cascade for the uppers. Thanks for the compliments!! :D

Sylvie
10-17-2005, 06:21 PM
I love those colors too, congrats Margie! :cheering:

"Clogs" is such a funny word!! :happydance:

margie
10-17-2005, 07:18 PM
I love those colors too, congrats Margie! :cheering:

"Clogs" is such a funny word!! :happydance:

Thanks!!!

Robin, I just realized that I didn't answer your question about the Christmas presents- I DON"T have them done. I still need to do another pair of clogs for my grandmother, finish a sweater for my sister, and possibly do a sweater for a friend. I somehow doubt that the sweater is going to happen though- takes too long. We'll see.........

dustinac
10-17-2005, 08:24 PM
I love the fringed wrap thats so pretty

The never ending blanket LOL I did one of those and :shock: I didn't think I'd ever get done!! Looks wonderful :thumbsup:

I love all the different clogs and how everyone adds their own style wonderful!!!

edited: went back to double check if I missed anything since my last post and I had I'm sorry :(
I love the sweater you did a wonderful job I don't know how you would even put a zipper in a reg. garmet LOL Looks wonderful!!
I love the hat wonderful colors!!
LOL Love the lonely sock lol thats how I'd prolly be if I ever did a sock LOL

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great job everyone!!

Danielle
10-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks! :D

Kelly, as always, your clogs look great!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Margie, I :heart: the colors of your clogs! They are awesome! :cheering:

mintdee
10-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Wow Gone for the weekend and fall waayyy behind on this thread! Everyones stuff looks so great I can not wait until I can post something here :roflhard:

ebrperk
10-19-2005, 01:20 PM
I finished something for myself for the first time since I started knitting almost two years ago. My model is Emily, my youngest daughter.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/ebrperk/IM001383.jpg

Robin

rebecca
10-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Robin---love the hat and :inlove: adore the model ;) You keep it up, girl, I'm doing the same thing, knitting for me...I have 1 scarf & hat...now it's all knitting all the time for me & my sweetness!!

margie
10-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Robin, that is a great hat!! Your daughter is so precious!!

Ingrid
10-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Great projects! Hat and daughter! ;)

rebecca
10-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Here is the picture of the unblocked fingerless glove (my 1st ever :D ) that matches the Dulaan Cable Scarf (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000258.jpg) and hat (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000270.jpg) ensemble that I have been working on.
The fingerless gloves are also knit with KnitPicks fingering wt "color your own" yarn on size 2 dpns.
Socks in a few days and the Dulaan Cable ensemble will be completely complete!!! :cheering: :cheering: Which is good bc now I'm a bit tired of it...LOL ;)

InterNette
10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Emily is far too precious. Love the hat, does Emily love the hat?
I am so impressed with that gorgeous border on yoru fingerless glove. Looks like a Nicky Epstein work.

rebecca
10-19-2005, 05:48 PM
WOW, thanks!! I got the cable design from a wonderful lady by the name of Robbyn, it's her design. You can find it and many more on her blog: http://wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/index.php