PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

dustinac
10-19-2005, 07:28 PM
I love that hat is it made out of denimstyle? I think I have that color and the model is sooo cute!! :thumbsup:

I love your fingerless gloves I've been working on a pair with no cabling LOL I saw Knitty gritty and was like :thinking: maybe my next pair but I don't know all those dpns and cable needle was it hard? You did a great job on it!! :XX:

rebecca
10-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Oh, gosh, no! It's not hard at all! I just used the same pattern that I did for the scarf, but I just used size 2 needles, see (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000248.jpg). But I did a provisional cast on so that I could unzip it and graft it together when it reached the length that I wanted for my wrist. Then I did the hand measurements for the glove & calculated the sts needed to be picked up from the wrist cable & picked up the 68 sts on dpns and made the fingerless glove from there. The cable was done with regular single points. It's really quite easy. I'm doing the socks the same way :D

margie
10-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Rebecca, that glove is beautiful!! Cables are something that I have not tackled yet. Great job! :thumbsup:

rebecca
10-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Thank you, Margie. Cables are really very easy, they just have the look of intimidation....give them a go & you will remember what I said...lol! I've not done all that many cables, either. My 1st cabling project was a pair of socks and this scarf ensemble is my only other cable venture...AND...cabling, like lace...is FUN :happydance: :happydance:

dustinac
10-20-2005, 08:13 AM
rebecca thank you for the link I love her fingerless gloves pattern :thinking: I'm thinking since I haven't really gotten very far on mine tearing it out and starting over with this and giving cables and dpns a try together... LOL :XX:

javede
10-20-2005, 09:53 AM
These are my hands-are-cold-but-still-want-to-be-able-to-smoke warmers. Not as impressive as Rebeccas gloves, but functional nontheless :lol:

Btw. Guess I need to cut my nails :rollseyes:

Stonington
10-20-2005, 09:58 AM
I love them... :heart: They look like they would be great for driving. The stearing wheel is always soo cold. Your nails look beautiful. Wish mine would grow to be so long :D

rebecca
10-20-2005, 11:11 AM
I love them Javede and PLEASE don't say such things as THAT!! Mine are just cabled to match the scarf/hat & socks!! Trust me, I will be doing lots just like yours, love, love them :D
I will SCOLD you like a wicked step-mother if ever you say something like that again...understood,young lady?! :roflhard: :roflhard: I really don't mean to scold, but you should never, ever say something like that to diminish your beautiful work ;) I really love that color, too.

ebrperk
10-20-2005, 01:04 PM
I love those fingerless gloves. They would be great for driving but my fingers get cold so I think I will stick with fingered gloves. :D Thank you for all the compliments about my model I think she is precious also. She is into kissing everyone and everything. She was kissing the yarn at Hobby Lobby on Tuesday. Maybe she will be a knitter too????????? The hat is made with the denim style Bernat. I love working with it and I hope to make a sweater with it after the baby is born. I am also going to make the Toggle scarf on Knitty.com to go with it. Now I am trying to decide whether to start a pair of socks or make hubbys felted clogs. The choices.

Robin

KellyK
10-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Well, I would like to smooch those CHEEKS of hers, Robin! She's DARLING! The hat is GREAT, too!

Becca...those gloves are FANNNTASTIC, and Javede, yours are too!

javede
10-21-2005, 02:49 AM
I love them Javede and PLEASE don't say such things as THAT!! Mine are just cabled to match the scarf/hat & socks!! Trust me, I will be doing lots just like yours, love, love them :D
I will SCOLD you like a wicked step-mother if ever you say something like that again...understood,young lady?! :roflhard: :roflhard: I really don't mean to scold, but you should never, ever say something like that to diminish your beautiful work ;) I really love that color, too.

Yes Ma'am! [insert saluting smilie :rofling: ]

rebecca
10-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Yes Ma'am! [insert saluting smilie :rofling: ]

Okay, Now I'm happy ;)
You ALWAYS do such beautiful work :D

dustinac
10-21-2005, 08:08 AM
javede I love your fingerless gloves!! :happydance: I wish my nails would grow long and round instead mine grow long and square except my index and thumb they grow round.. :rollseyes:

koolbreeze
10-21-2005, 09:21 AM
dustina~ you gotta shape them that way!!!!
nice work everyone!!! i'm gonna make me some fingerless gloves...one day!

KellyK
10-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Here is the FlipTop Mitten (http://fruitychick.com/blog/patterns/plaidftmittens.pdf) I made last night with LB Woolease Thick N Quick...its REALLY hard to take a pic of one's own hand! It looks lumpy, but its not. BTW...it is SO much easier to work with chunky yarn and BIG (sz 9) DPNs!!

rebecca
10-21-2005, 11:35 AM
I LOVE those flippy mittens, KK!! LOL, I know it's hard to take the pic, I took mine with my left hand (I'm right handed) when my right hand was in the the glove and a few of them had my hand looking like it was very oddly proportioned :lol:
Are these for you?! You speed knitting girl...LOL

KellyK
10-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Well, its supposed to be for me, but its a bit big. I should have checked to see if Rowan Plaid (which the pattern calls for) was the same gauge as the LB WE ThickNQuick that I used.... my boss kinda likes them. I may give them to him & make myself another pair. :thinking:

I wasnt all that quick....its ony 32 sts/row!

Totalele
10-21-2005, 03:23 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: My eyes!! My eyes!! 135 pages! :happydance:

Amazing job, guys! I wanna be like y'all when I grow up... :notworthy: :inlove: :XX:

Ingrid
10-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Love the mittens, Kelly! They're on my list, too.

rebecca
10-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Well, its supposed to be for me, but its a bit big. I should have checked to see if Rowan Plaid (which the pattern calls for) was the same gauge as the LB WE ThickNQuick that I used.... my boss kinda likes them. I may give them to him & make myself another pair. :thinking:

I wasnt all that quick....its ony 32 sts/row!

Allow me to remind you of a hard and fast rule....check your gauge 1st :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Just do another pair for you & give them to him, I :heart: :inlove: them & have a pattern, but not sure if it's the same as yours. I love the flippin' action...I don't...really don't like to have my fingers all covered up like regular mittens or gloves....so the flippin is way 8-)

Ingrid
10-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Did I read that to mean you like to flip off you mittens to flip people off? :roflhard: :roflhard:

dustinac
10-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Those are neat Kelly great job :thumbsup:

rebecca
10-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Did I read that to mean you like to flip off you mittens to flip people off? :roflhard: :roflhard:

Well, it does kind of sound that way, doesn't it?! :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: But, I am happy to say that I no longer do that, what with the wisdom that comes with age :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
10-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks! It really is a fun pattern...REALLY quick! In fact, SO quick that I ran out to the LYS after work & picked myself us some Misti Alpaca Chunky & Im making myself a pair that fits! :lol: Im going to make the other LB one, too, and give them to my boss. He liked the one I showed him today. (I bring all my projects to work because several of the residents are always asking for Kelly's Knitting Knews)

This alpaca is DREEEAAAAAMY! :heart:

punkhippiemom
10-22-2005, 02:06 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: My eyes!! My eyes!! 135 pages! :happydance:

Amazing job, guys! I wanna be like y'all when I grow up... :notworthy: :inlove: :XX:

Amazing job??? You read all the pages in this thread, and then call us amazing??? :roflhard:

I've read them all, but I only had 40 pages to read when I started LOL.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

KellyK
10-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks! It really is a fun pattern...REALLY quick! In fact, SO quick that I ran out to the LYS after work & picked myself us some Misti Alpaca Chunky & Im making myself a pair that fits!

So INCREDIBLY AMAZINGLY QUICK that I finished BOTH mittens last night!

Julie
10-22-2005, 09:49 AM
So jealous Kelly! I've knitted with Misti Chunky and it is sooooooo wonderful!
They look great! :cheering:

My girls are standing over my shoulder, begging me to use this smile: :XX:

Vendie
10-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Those look so cozy KK! I've just printed off the pattern for my collection. How adorable! I've always wanted flip-top mittens!

JGM
10-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks! It really is a fun pattern...REALLY quick! In fact, SO quick that I ran out to the LYS after work & picked myself us some Misti Alpaca Chunky & Im making myself a pair that fits!

So INCREDIBLY AMAZINGLY QUICK that I finished BOTH mittens last night!

KK, does the flip top of the mittens flip inside out or come off like a cap and fold back? Does this make sense? :??

Jivewhistle
10-22-2005, 11:16 AM
Ahhhhh I want those mittens!!!!! They are just beautiful! :cheering:

Everyone's FO's are just great!

Javede, love those fingerless gloves!

Danielle, your NEBB is gorgeous! I started a NEBB months ago and when I started it was going really, really quick. I'm a little over halfway and it's so hard to pick up again. :roflhard: I was originally going to give it to my expecting cousin....but I like your idea! I want to keep mine too....uh...if I ever finish it!!

Great projects everyone :D

InterNette
10-22-2005, 12:44 PM
wow your fast. those are so practical

KellyK
10-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Thank you for all the compliments...or in the words of our DEAR Susie, Thanks for liking my mittens!! :heart:

JGM...the tops fold back inside out....I think its nice that way, because the tops wont FLOP around all over. If you with your MAN HANDS decide to make them, follow the pattern gauge exactly. I had to go down to sz. 9 needles...

lemme see if I can get a better pic of that.

dustinac
10-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Great job Kelly on the 2nd pair!! :cheering:

I'm sooo excited to have this done :happydance: :cheering: I shouldn't have changed colors at the beginning of my round though should have waited till I was on the side I don't know I didn't do that.. Anyways my son is happy so thats all that matters here is the Gatorade sweater my very first sweater WOOOHOOO :cheering:

Ingrid
10-22-2005, 05:56 PM
That looks great and he looks happy! Good job!

Danielle
10-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Everything looks great!! :cheering: WTG!! :thumbsup:

rebecca
10-22-2005, 07:35 PM
KK....LOL, watch out with that finger action :roflhard: :rofling: ...love the mittens, my dahlin' ;)
Dusti...absolutely ADORABLE!! Perfect colors, perfect sts :thumbsup:

JGM
10-22-2005, 09:53 PM
If you with your MAN HANDS decide to make them...

LOL you crack me up. Thanks for the pic.

margie
10-22-2005, 10:51 PM
dustinac- great job on the sweater!! Your son is adorable.

I finished a walker bag that I was making for my grandmother's 90th birthday. I found beautiful buttons at my LYS today that I was really pleased with.

Ingrid
10-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh Margie, that's lovely!! The buttons are perfect. She'll be the envy of all the ladies! Great job. :cheering:

knitqueen
10-22-2005, 11:11 PM
My LYS sells beautiful buttons too. The bag looks great! :D

KellyK
10-23-2005, 01:15 AM
DUSTINA.....what a PERFECT sweater!! GORGEOUS eyes on that boy, too! He's gonna be a lady magnet!! Why do boys have the longest eyelashes???

Well, JGM, you DO have man-hands at the ends of your man-arms, all attached to your man-body, do you not?? ;) You are most welcome for the pic.

JGM
10-23-2005, 02:35 AM
Well, JGM, you DO have man-hands at the ends of your man-arms, all attached to your man-body, do you not?? You are most welcome for the pic.

Mos def. :D

dustinac
10-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Thank you all so much!! He got to wear it out last night he was so happy!! Now my daughter wants one.. she is use to just waking up and my knitting adventure being over but this time she seen me bo and try it on him... she kept looking at my needles then him.. then would touch the sweater the they got into a fight over the sweater so I guess I should have bo that poncho in front of her maybe then she would wear it without daddy having to dance with her to get her mind off the horrible thing... what a fit she can throw.. :lol:

Kelly my dh's eyes are the same way and of course Roo didn't get the long eyelashes she did get my big browns where Isaiah got my grandmother's baby blue's...

rebecca
10-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Margie I just love that bag, the buttons absolutely 'make' the bag...a fantastic finishing touch :D

dustinac
10-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Margie, I love those buttons they look wonderful on the handbag great job :happydance:

Jackie M.
10-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Great job Kelly on the 2nd pair!! :cheering:

Anyways my son is happy so thats all that matters here is the Gatorade sweater my very first sweater WOOOHOOO :cheering:

Great job Dustinac! Look how those stripes match up!

Jouf
10-23-2005, 04:02 PM
This is one of my recently finished hats - for my brother. And I only made the one on the right, but tried to fashion it like the one he was wearing - although the dents aren't quite the same. It's made out of one strand of an ash color and one of a brown color.

rebecca
10-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Jouf...I really love :heart: love that hat!! That's some nice felting, my friend :thumbsup:! You must tell me how this is done because I've not done such shaping with my felting!

dustinac
10-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Thank you Jackie I kept pulling it down ya think its time?? i asked everyone that would let me ask is it time for the stripe?? LOL

Jouf, I love that hat!! I didn't know you could that with felting :cheering: great job

InterNette
10-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Oh love the walker bag, that would make sucha wonderful present and that felted hat is to die for. Very professional and cool.

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Wow! I didn't know you could do that with yarn, either! Very impressive. ;)

Jouf
10-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Thank you Dustina, Rebecca for compliments on hat!

KellyK
10-23-2005, 08:58 PM
I've not done such shaping with my felting!

That's what I told her!! I think its pretty AMAZING! What did your bro say???

Jouf
10-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Brother says he loves his "uptown hat" and plans to wear it all winter (in VA)! I've read that felted hats are good to wear even in snow and rain except for torrential downpours! Maintains warmth even when wet! Thanks, you guys! And they ARE much easier than clogs!!

koolbreeze
10-24-2005, 12:21 PM
finished clogs for DD #2. they are lopsided :doh:

mrsbrooks
10-24-2005, 05:21 PM
I am trying to get 10 hats,15 scarves, and 10 mittens by Nov. 2006. Not just that but 10 baby hats and bootie sets as well to sale at a craft thing where my mom works. You ask why start so soon, well with me having a baby in Feb 2006 I need to get busting now lol. Here is a picture of this one...I have more on my blog a TONE of UPDATES on my blog!!!
Hugs,
Vanessa :XX:

Danielle
10-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Carmell,
Those clogs are too cute!! Wtg!! :thumbsup:

rebecca
10-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Carmell...I am :heart: :inlove: :heart: LOVING :inlove: :heart: :inlove: those clogs :D

dustinac
10-25-2005, 08:30 AM
:thumbsup: Great job on the Clogs Carmell!! :thumbsup:

mintdee
10-25-2005, 10:17 AM
That is such a pretty scarf! I still have not made a scarf yet. I went straight to the hard stuff :roflhard:

koolbreeze
10-25-2005, 10:27 AM
thanks everybody!

i'm eyeballin that hat... Jouf...what pattern did you say that was??? ;)

Jouf
10-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Carmell, it's here http://www.knitwitts.com/files/felthat.htm
There's another one on the free patterns page on KH also. One's from crown down and the Brown Sheep is brim up.

koolbreeze
10-25-2005, 10:14 PM
thanks!

here are Calease's clogs

KellyK
10-25-2005, 10:37 PM
You are making the FUNNEST clogs EVER!!

humblestumble
10-26-2005, 12:10 AM
how cute! Looks very halloweeny

mintdee
10-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Thoes clogs are so cute! Very fun :D

mintdee
10-26-2005, 12:23 AM
I did it!!! I made a sock! It is not the prettiest thing in the world but I did it! :cheering:
:happydance:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/mintydee/finished%20objects/IM000333.jpg

KellyK
10-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Why isnt it pretty?? Its ADORABLE! As are those Nick & Nora PJ ducky pants your wearin!! :mrgreen:

mintdee
10-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Hehehe they are way comfy too sock and PJ's. I'm super proud of the socks I can just see the stitches that are weird sizes yadda yadda... :D

KellyK
10-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Did you wash the socks yet? I found with that last hat that I made that machine washing & drying helps even things out a bit. As long as that's superwash yarn you used there.

ARE those Nick & Nora PJ's? I am THRILLED that Target is carrying them now!! SO fun!!

koolbreeze
10-26-2005, 09:18 AM
nice sock... are you going to make the other?

margie
10-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Carmell, as always, super-cool clogs!! Your kids must be thrilled. I just finished Ben's 2nd one, we will felt them today after school.

Mintdee- awesome sock!!! I think it looks great!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Julie
10-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Congrats Mintdee on the first sock!! Looks great!! :cheering:

rebecca
10-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Vanessa, love your scarf ;)
Carmell, your clogs are just tooo cute!
Sandra....KUDOS on the 1st sock :cheering: :cheering: You can just make quick and easy sock blockers (http://www.needletrax.com/blockers.htm) to block your socks after washing (machine or by hand) and they will be so nicely shaped :D !! I'm off to finish the socks I'm working on ;)

mintdee
10-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks everybody! I have Silver and her tutorial to thank for that sock! The only thing that I am not happy with is the toe grafting but that is only because I lost my place and had to re work it. I think that I will make the other I just hope that I have enough yarn left over! Oh well if I don't I will just have to make the toes different colors. :roflhard:
Rebecca- Thanks for that link! I was trying to figure out how I was going to block that sock :D

Kelly I have no idea if they are or not my sister got them for me last year and as soon as I got them the tags came off. I am silly like that. All I know is that they are soooo comfortable and beyond cute. I will just have to check out this Nick and Nora brand. I would wear PJs constantly if they were acceptable business attire :roflhard:

InterNette
10-26-2005, 06:52 PM
I love the fuzzy clogs, our LYS has a pair on display and they are all fuzzy like those, they make them so much fun.

I love the sock and cant see any reason they arent wonderful. Was it really fun making them? Rebecca makes them sound fun but we all know she is a sock pro.

Danielle
10-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Mintdee,
Your sock looks great! :D I just bought some sock yarn at AC Moore today...hopefully I can figure out how to make them. Where can I find Silver's sock tutorial??

Here is a pic of the checkered band hat that I made. I love the pattern!

InterNette
10-26-2005, 09:39 PM
oh that hat is a definate winner. I love it, you did superb on it. I love checkerboard designs. Gonna make a scarf to match???

Julie
10-26-2005, 09:59 PM
VW, Silver's sock tutorial is here:
http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Beginning.htm
Great hat! :thumbsup:

margie
10-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Danielle, I love your hat!!! It turned out great. :thumbsup:

KellyK
10-26-2005, 10:45 PM
It REALLY looks GREAT, Danielle!! :happydance:

Danielle
10-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks!! :blush:
:thinking: I might make a matching scarf...after the holidays. I have so many things to knit before Christmas! :shock:

Mer
10-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Love the hat & its colors, Danielle!

Ingrid
10-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Your hat turned out great!! Way to go! :thumbsup:

mintdee
10-26-2005, 11:15 PM
I love the hat! It looks so warm. :)

I loved making that sock and can not wait to get started on the other one. You really should come over to the dark side :roflhard:

MaryS
10-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Danielle,

Is the checkerboard hat a pattern you can post?

I hope, I hope, I hope :pray:

Mary

Jouf
10-27-2005, 11:47 AM
My newest FO (for DH)!

koolbreeze
10-27-2005, 11:54 AM
WoW nice.
DH keeps askin me to make him something...i just alittle nervous about doing anything big!

Stonington
10-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Wow! Beautiful vest (or handsome) lol. Very nice. :cheering:

rebecca
10-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Danielle, I love, love your hat!! I see you have begun your sock knitting addiction-welcome to the club ;)
Jouf-I am lovin' the vest!!

InterNette
10-27-2005, 12:58 PM
that vest is a beautiful gift. You have such a gorgeous pattern worked in there. How long did it take you to finish?

KellyK
10-27-2005, 01:13 PM
JOUF! Its GAWGEOUS!!!

Jouf
10-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Thank you, everybody!! I was pretty happy with it, to be quite honest. Probably the best thing I've made so far. I really tried to follow the pattern!

InterNette, this one I actually know the answer to. I'd gotten mostly through the ribbing at the bottm and took it with me to work on at the hair salon Oct 6. The hair colorist shook the dye and it accidently went onto my knitting - which she'd had me move out of the way - several different small places which I tried to convince myself wouldn't really matter or they'd fade out as fast as my hair. But in the end, I started over that night. So it was exactly three weeks (my rear is a little tired of sitting).

knitqueen
10-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Here are two hats that I have made recently for my two sons. The one on the right is Marnie's Pismo Hat (http://marniemaclean.com/patterns/Pismo/index.html) made a bit smaller to fit a child.

The one on the left is made with self-striping sock yarn, a pattern that I invented myself.

Unfortunately, both of my kids refuse to wear them :( ....WHY do I knit things for them???? I should just knit stuff for myself only because I'm the only one that appreciates it truly! :rollseyes:

Once winter actually comes, it will be "wear the hat, or we aren't going outside" ;) :lol: . That trick usually works.

knitqueen
10-27-2005, 02:49 PM
I bribed them with chocolate and got this INCREDIBLY ADORABLE pic of the two of them together!!!! :heart: :happydance: :heart: :happydance: :heart:

Jouf
10-27-2005, 02:54 PM
They're adorable! And I think they were just joshing you - they'll wear them!

GlenBoRTR
10-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm FINALLY finishing up some of my projects...!! :XX: :happydance: :XX:

MaryS
10-27-2005, 03:37 PM
KQ,

Those hats are WONDERFUL :cheering: Glad the chocolate worked!

Wow!! Glen,

You've been knitting your fingers to the bone. Everything looks terrific! :cheering: :cheering:

Kudos to everyone on the great FOs - WOO-WOO

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

Ingrid
10-27-2005, 03:40 PM
The hats are wonderful! They'll wear them when it's cold. Or else!

Wow, Glen, you've been busy--everything looks great!

Joel
10-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Ok.... playing a little bit of catch up... sort of. I'm not sure how many pages back was my last post but i checked out the last 3 pages of FOs.

So here goes!

Clogs - Nicely done! Interesting color... a little bright for my taste personally but definately appropriate for Fall/Halloween. They look like they came out really well.

Checker Hat - Very cool!

Kid's Hats - I like em. :thumbsup:

Vest - Very nice! I'd wear it.

Scarf & Afghans - Dang! Glen, you've been busy! I like them though... nice job on cables and I like the patterns you've used for the Afghans. Well done!

koolbreeze
10-27-2005, 04:10 PM
knitqueen~ i'm gonna take them home!!! i'm glad you posted a pic with them wearin them. cause i wanted to knit one for my son but wasn'r sure they would fit his head... although he has a BIG head!!! :shock:

Sascha
10-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Glen I :inlove: that Irish scarf! By any chance is this a free pattern from somewhere?

SimplyKaar
10-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Glen: your Irish hiking scarf looks wonderful!! And accidentally it looks a lot like a scarf I just finished, only I put a full braid in the middle instead of a third 'twisty' :)

I'll have to find the digicam and post a picture aswell..

I love reading this topic but also it gives my already overloaded brain way TOOO many other things I'd like to try :shock:

How do you people keep your sanity with so much wonderful and beautiful stuff right in front of you to choose from??

oh, ehm, wait.... sanity? on here? what WAS I thinking?? :angelgrin:

rebecca
10-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Irish Hiking Scarf pattern (http://www.helloyarn.com/irishhikingcarf.htm) for Sascha

KQ...loving the kids in those hats!!!
Glen....MY GOODNESS, you have been BUSY!! loving it all!!!!

InterNette
10-27-2005, 05:23 PM
wow very good pics everyone. I love the hats, the boys look great in them. Glen those projects are wonderful. I love all that fancy knitting detail, you must have been very busy.

GlenBoRTR
10-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Busy... :XY: Busy... :XY: Busy.... :XY:
:happydance: Christmas is almost DONE!!! :happydance:

Sasha...
The Irish Hiking Scarf is TONS of fun to make & it goes fairly quickly...

KellyK
10-27-2005, 07:29 PM
WOW. Just......WOW! :shock:

Sascha
10-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Thank you both!

Ingrid
10-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh Jouf! I missed that vest--beautiful job!!

Jouf
10-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Why, thank you, Ingrid!

Mer
10-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Wow, tons of projects today! Looks great everyone. Love the hats, knitqueen! I was thinking of doing that pismo hat pattern but the small needles would take too much time. Gotta finish for Christmas!

knitqueen
10-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Wow, tons of projects today! Looks great everyone. Love the hats, knitqueen! I was thinking of doing that pismo hat pattern but the small needles would take too much time. Gotta finish for Christmas!

That's how it became my son's hat, and not mine or dh's!! I got so tired of it and it was such slow going (I'm NO good at ribbing, let alone 1x1 ribbing), I fudged on the decreases, doing less plain rows in between the decrease rows, to finish to faster AND I quit when I still had 30 stitches left, SO it has a bit of a hole at the top where I drew the last stitches together, but it's very wearable and VERY cute on my little guy!! :D

Mer
10-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Well you can't tell you changed it, knitqueen; it looks perfect on him!

I made Bubby! (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTbubby.html) He was the hit of the office baby shower today. He's made with Target $1 yarn (boucle) on size 6 needles. The yarn was a pain to work with, but I think the texture works well! And he matches my purse. :D

KellyK
10-27-2005, 11:06 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

JGM
10-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Well you can't tell you changed it, knitqueen; it looks perfect on him!

I made Bubby! (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTbubby.html) He was the hit of the office baby shower today. He's made with Target $1 yarn (boucle) on size 6 needles. The yarn was a pain to work with, but I think the texture works well! And he matches my purse. :D

I'm working on this right now. I'm using up some worsted acrylic and like the pattern says, it's pretty stiff on size 3 needles. I don't like how the arms are attached though, they come straight out at an upward angle and they look totally different than the legs which are worked off of picked up stitches. I'm thinking of doing another one and modifying the pattern. Nice job on yours though Mer! :cheering:

punkhippiemom
10-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Well, I finally finished remaking the baby hearts dress for my new neice. I redid the bodice and the sleeves, and then made a matching hat and matching diaper cover (which isn't pictured because I was finishing the legholes while BIL and his GF were visiting with us Sunday :oops: )... and just in time, too, because little Tatyana was born Tuesday night!! (No, I do not have pictures of her yet... we drove almost two hours to the hospital so we could be there, and I forgot the $#@$% camera!!! :rollseyes: )

koolbreeze
10-28-2005, 01:02 AM
awww that ones even cuter!!! and the hat is too cute... and this pattern is where??? ;)

punkhippiemom
10-28-2005, 01:17 AM
:--- I took meticulous and copious notes and am devising a workable pattern as we speak.... :---
Actually, I did take good notes, but I misplaced the notebook during my Incredible Florida Adventure... I will find it, and post it on the free patterns page.
The hat is adapted from beldie's vw hat pattern...I used thinner yarn, smaller needles and less CO stitches, but the same decrease pattern and added the hearts at the bottom rather than a two-color charted pattern.
I'm thinking about making a larger version for my grown-up nieces, but not until after Christmas...

margie
10-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Adorable, Rebecca!! I love it. A picture of Tatyana in it, eventually?? :happydance:

KellyK
10-28-2005, 07:44 AM
PHM....it's AMAZING. And BEAUTIFUL and STUNNING and KNIT-TACULAR!! :heart: I SO love what you did with the sleeves and buttons!!

Ingrid
10-28-2005, 08:06 AM
:notworthy: No that takes talent and creativity! It is absolutely precious! I am in awe.

dustinac
10-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Wow you guys have been busy!!

Carmell love the slippers!! They look so warm!!
mintdee I love your sock mom and me are gonna try our hand at socks next week :shock:
Yellow bettle I love that hat!! You did a great job!!
Jouf :shock: I love that vest nice job!!!
Knitqueen your boys are sooo cute great job on the hats!!
Glenn great job on the scarf and afghan have that same scarf on my needles.. I love knitting it just need more time LOL
Mer how cute is he great job!!
punkhippiemom :inlove: I love that dress!! I can't wait to see the pattern I have my yarn all ready to go!! Great job :happydance:

:thumbsup: everyone!!! :cheering:

Silver
10-28-2005, 08:50 AM
GAH! :shock: Everything is sooooo gorgeous!!!

mrsbrooks
10-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I hope Jessica the 17 year old will like these when i get them both done lol. Here is my FIRST one i have EVER made lol>>>>

Jivewhistle
10-28-2005, 11:32 AM
That looks great!!!!!!

I really gotta figure out dpn's one of these days!

Norman
10-28-2005, 12:01 PM
OKay here is the scarf I Started on Wednesday.. :) Finished it about 10 minutes ago....

:)

JessicaR
10-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Was it a pain? I've done scarves and now hats, I'd love to move onto mittens or socks.

mrsbrooks
10-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Was it a pain? I've done scarves and now hats, I'd love to move onto mittens or socks.

Not really that bad I was confused when it came to the thumb but i figureed it out lol.
Hugs,
Vanessa :D

Joel
10-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Very cool....

That bubby, the dress, and the scarf are all really well done... they look good.

WTG! :thumbsup:

LisaD715
10-28-2005, 12:14 PM
I love that!! She will be tickled (cami) to recieve them!!

liznwillow
10-28-2005, 12:19 PM
HOW CUTE! She's going to love them. Gosh... I really, really like that yarn! :inlove:

margie
10-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Cute boy, nice pumpkin, great scarf!! Love the pictures. :thumbsup:

mrsbrooks
10-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Off to start on number 2. If I am not busy this weekend it will be done this weekend, so when i am done i will post both of them.
Hugs,
Vanessa :XX:

InterNette
10-28-2005, 01:18 PM
The stamina, wow. I think that little guy is too darn cute. Love your projects, looks like he might have a career in modeling.

Virtuella
10-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi everybody, have you seen the books of Cat Bordhi?
http://www.catbordhi.com/

I bought one of her book some months ago, and I am totally in love!

Finished up this one today!
(It contains almost 40 skeins of Regia sock yarn, so it is quite big!)

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/9387/Kurv05.jpg

InterNette
10-28-2005, 03:07 PM
I have got to get that back. Our local yarn shop doesnt have it and I been forgetting to look on amazon or ebay. I love that pet bed, very cool. Since this is sock yarn does that mean it isnt felted?

Virtuella
10-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I have got to get that back. Our local yarn shop doesnt have it and I been forgetting to look on amazon or ebay. I love that pet bed, very cool. Since this is sock yarn does that mean it isnt felted?

Im sorry, my english is not my spoken language.
The bowl is felted!
All the yarn you can se inside it, is sock yarn, almost 40 skeins, I just wanted to tell you the size of the bowl..

Vendie
10-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Virtuella, I love the kitty bed (that's what it is isn't it :?? If it isn't, it would make a very nice one! My kitty would love it!). Makes for a lovely yarn basket! I see my sock yarn in there! How did you get it? :roflhard:

Virtuella
10-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Virtuella, I love the kitty bed (that's what it is isn't it :?? If it isn't, it would make a very nice one! My kitty would love it!). Makes for a lovely yarn basket! I see my sock yarn in there! How did you get it? :roflhard:

Yes, it is a kitty bed, but I dont have a cat.. :lol:

Your yarn? :roflhard:

Ingrid
10-28-2005, 04:53 PM
That looks fantastic! Now, I love my yarn, but I haven't yet knit a separate bed for it! You're going to spoil it, Virtuella!! :fingerwag:

Virtuella
10-28-2005, 05:03 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

... my next project will be knitted with spoiled yarn!!! Thank you Ingrid!!! :roflhard:

KellyK
10-28-2005, 05:20 PM
THAT looks AWESOME, Virtuella!!! :heart:

margie
10-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Virtuella, I love the bowl!!! I say leave the sock yarn right where it is- it looks beautiful!!

rebecca
10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Norman, :heart: :heart: the scarf and your son is a natural model :D
Virtuella, I :heart: :inlove: your felted bowl, it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

Okay, I am completely done with all of my Dulaan Cable accessories!!
I began with the scarf, then I had to fashion the Icord/bobble fringe bc I didn't like it plain (all done with 660 yds of knitpicks natural worsted WOTA). Then I happened to have several hanks of natural fingering wt yarn so I did the hat, fingerless gloves & socks to match, using this fingering wt yarn. It has all been blocked and I thought that I would post the pics of the complete set. All in all, these took about 5 weeks.
I am done with cabling for a while, will do a quick scarf & couple of hats before my next large project which will be........... ;)

Ingrid
10-29-2005, 01:11 PM
:inlove: Beyond gorgeous!!

mintdee
10-29-2005, 01:22 PM
:inlove: That is soo beautiful! WTG!

Virtuella
10-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Rebecca: :inlove: beatiful!!!!

earthchick
10-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Beautiful creations, everyone!!! :inlove:

margie
10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Rebecca, those are just gorgeous!! :thumbsup:

KellyK
10-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Rebecca....JUST AMAZING work there! BEAUTIMOUS!

InterNette
10-29-2005, 08:51 PM
I love it. Rebecca did you design this? If you did I want to buy that pattern. I think this is the jackpot of gifts.

JGM
10-29-2005, 11:16 PM
deleted until i can fix the picture :mad:

Ingrid
10-29-2005, 11:32 PM
You link goes to the Kodak home page.

JGM
10-30-2005, 12:39 AM
thanks ingrid, I fixed in the original post.

snephenie
10-30-2005, 11:49 AM
I get
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /photos1342/7/46/87/22/97/0/97228746707_0_ALB.jpg on this server.

KnittinKitten
10-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Wow - I just got caught up on everyone's projects. I am always so amazed and impressed with the creativity and superb stitching.

Here's what's been keeping me busy lately. I've made some chemo caps or head huggers as inspired by our very own Denise (Foldedbird) and in honor of my mother. They are all super-soft, cuddly, snuggly and without annoying seams.

:XX:

KnittinKitten
10-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Oh -- I forgot to post this one a while back...

It's an eyeglass case -- that I knitted out of strips of fabric. This is NOT the easiest material to knit with :wall: , but I sure do love the look. And - I was so lucky to find just the purrfect button for the fabric, don'tcha think?

Ingrid
10-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Beautiful hats--they look very soft and comfy. The eyeglass case is cute--love the button, too--looks like you made it to match.

KellyK
10-30-2005, 01:09 PM
GORGEOUS work, Carol! Those hats with the contrasting color trim....they look SOOOOO cozy! They ALL look GREAT! And, that eyeglass case....how DID you find that button that matches SO perfectly?? :cheering:

rebecca
10-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks everyone :D ! It was a fun project indeed ;) !
Internette, I didn't design the cable pattern. I found it on Robbyn's blog (http://wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/index.php) entitled the Dulaan Scarf (she has several wonderful patterns that she shares with us :D ) and I wasn't completely happy with it until I added my finishing touch and fashioned the ICord/Bobble (for lack of a better term..they aren't exactly bobbles, but I worked with them to have the look of bobbles ;) ) fringe to mimic the cables. Then I used the same cable pattern and just put it on the other accessories ;) .

JGM, I get an error, can't see your picture :(
KnittenKitten.... :heart: love :heart: your hats & the eyeglass case, very imaginative :D

javede
10-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Great work everyone! :thumbsup:

Here's my latest finished project, a pillow case out of fandango from Colinette. I had to frog it 4(yes, four!) times, because I casted on too tight or with too many stitches :doh:

KellyK
10-30-2005, 02:57 PM
VERY pretty! I wish I had the courage to decorate with such BRIGHT colors! :thumbsup:

KnittinKitten
10-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Love the pillow, Javede -- the colors and texture are wonderful. :thumbsup:

KellyK
10-30-2005, 02:58 PM
VERY pretty! I wish I had the courage to decorate with such BRIGHT colors! :thumbsup:

KnittinKitten
10-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Rebecca -- I love seeing your whole ensemble all together - what a work of love and it's GREAT :happydance: that it's finally something for YOU!

rebecca
10-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks, KnittinKitten...aren't u a sweetie :D

Javede...loving the pillow :heart:

mishka
10-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Hi All,

I've been reading the posts here for a while, and consequently I have a very long list of projects I want to do.

However I didn't want to post until i had contributed myself. So here goes.... I have recently finished "Tempting" from Kitty and a scarf. Before this I made some handwarmers.

Again I'd like to thank everyone for their inspiration, the addiction has well and truly taken over.

Michelle x

margie
10-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Michelle, that is gorgeous!!! Great job!! I love it. :thumbsup:

Mer
10-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Michelle, I think that looks good on you! And I love the color you chose.

KellyK
10-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Its REALLY pretty! As are you!

earthchick
10-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Michelle, I *love* the sweater. I've been hoping to make that one some day but am not sure I'm up for it. How easy/difficult did you find it? Any tips? Beautiful job - it looks great on you. :thumbsup:

mishka
10-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

:blush:

I found it quite easy, but only thanks to this website. It helped me figure out how to use dps, much easier than expected and how to do the three needle bind off!

Michelle x

ebrperk
10-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Well don't look at this thread for a couple of days and you can really get behind. Everyone's projects are great. You all give me such inspiration to continue knitting when sometimes I get frustrated and say why do I do this. :thinking: Thank you for sharing your beautiful pieces with all of us.

Michelle, You are very pretty.

Robin

rebecca
10-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Michelle, what beautiful knitting and model ;)

mrsbrooks
10-30-2005, 08:07 PM
I got the second one done here is a picture of the pair I made for my neighbor....now working on mittens!
Hugs,
Ness

Ingrid
10-30-2005, 08:12 PM
She's going to love those!

InterNette
10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
pretty cool colors, you are very fast.

InterNette
10-30-2005, 08:18 PM
that is sensational. I am amazed at the details. Very nice, very very nice.
I havent made anything worthy or wearing yet.

rebecca
10-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Very cool, Nessa....she will :heart: :heart: those!!!

feministmama
10-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Such gawgeous work everyone. I gotta post some stuff soon.

LisaD715
10-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Michelle, that sweater is GORGEOUS!! You are beautiful as well!!!! Be proud of your handiwork, it is lovely!!

jelly
11-01-2005, 01:53 AM
this is my first try at linking a pic, so i hope it works

this is my first Booga Bag and my first felting experience

the lighting in my house sucks - the rocket scientists that designed the house apparently thought lighting was optional :rollseyes: - so the color isn't great, you can't even see the purples, but you get the idea

http://static.flickr.com/28/58401236_3f1b7d87a0.jpg

Jouf
11-01-2005, 04:10 AM
This is my absolute favorite area to visit many times a day to see what everyone's making and get ideas for my next project!

I love the booga bag! It's on my list.

Here's my latest fo. I've been living with it too long, stayed up to get it out of my hair! First time with set in sleeves and they're too long - Oh, well, I'll just fold up. This was made with my Cotton Ease find at Tuesday Morning.

Ingrid
11-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Great bag, Jelly!

Beautiful sweater, Jouf. I don't know if I could have lasted through all that seed stitch. I bow to your patience! Looks great!

KellyK
11-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Jelly, your bag looks GREAT! I have horrible lighting (for pics, anyway) in my basement rec room where I spend all my time. I find that taking pics outside in the natural light does wonders!

Jouf!!! WOWWWW!!! It's BEAUTIMOUS!!! :heart:

kimmie
11-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Jelly - aren't Booga Bags fun??? I like the colors you used.

Jouf - that sweater is wonderful! What pattern did you use? It reminds me of one I admired in the Handy Book of Sweater Patterns.

kimmie

InterNette
11-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Nice bag, is that self striped or did you stripe it, My sister wants one in green and I would like to stripe it and not sure how. I love the colors and the nothing wrogn with that pic, it is nice.

rebecca
11-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Love the booga bag...I :heart: to make booga bags :D
jouf....your sweater is yummy!!

Clabbergirl
11-01-2005, 10:32 AM
What a gorgeous sweater!

earthchick
11-01-2005, 10:37 AM
WOW!!! :inlove:

Love the booga bag! :heart:

Love the sweater! :heart:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Joel
11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Nice Bag...

Love that sweater!

jelly
11-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Nice bag, is that self striped or did you stripe it, My sister wants one in green and I would like to stripe it and not sure how. I love the colors and the nothing wrogn with that pic, it is nice.

self striped

i used Noro #40

the colors are SO MUCH prettier than the pic

mishka
11-01-2005, 01:57 PM
What a bag!! lovely.

I love the colour of your jumper!!

Chellex

Totalele
11-01-2005, 06:27 PM
FINALLY!!! I *finally* got someting to share here!! :cheering:

Ok. My first FO!! For those who seen my blog, know that my 1st project was to be an Irish Scarf, but I had to wait for a *real* cable needle and decided to use what I had at home to pass my time. I found a pattern on S n' B that could fit that criteria. A Zeeby's bag.

I only had 2 skeins of acrylic (that I could use). 1 burgundy, 1 cream, and 2 sets of needle... :lol:

So I changed the design a little bit and also chenged the bag to a messenger's bag. The thing is HUGE! :shock: But I'm proud I finished "somthing"! :rofling:

Unfortunally, DH refused to model the bag and I had to hang it and it looks all lopsided and floopy... I swear the thing is straight! :roflhard:

I'll add some fabric inside so it holds books, notebook, etc...

Here it is (Sorry 'bout the "hurricane-aftermath" house and the blurry pic, it was late):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Totalele/Zeebys2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Totalele/Zeebys1.jpg

mintdee
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
That is very cool! Great job :)

Not to worry my DH will not model for me either :roflhard:

Ingrid
11-01-2005, 06:43 PM
First FO? That is phenomenal--looks fantastic.

Totalele
11-01-2005, 07:26 PM
**ETA: Sorry for the huge pics**

Thank guys! :heart:

Guess what?! I got one more to share!! I guess that because we were without phone/net I had pleeennnttyyyy of time to knit... :roflhard:

I bought some wool specifically to make this bag (also from S n' B, nonethtless.. :lol: ), Marsupian Tote. It was also my first project with circular needles (love it!) and my second project total.

I noticed on some boards that people thought the original pattern didn't quite match the end results... So I decided to before hand, to modify the pattern a bit to make more the shape I wanted, kwim?

I gotta say I'm *IN LOVE* with felting!! Can't wait to try it again!! :heart: :heart:

Here is the bag as soon as I finished knitting. Looks huge, right? :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Totalele/Marsupial2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Totalele/Marsupial1.jpg

And here is the bag after felting. Nevermind the spoons...I was blocking the bag... :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Totalele/Marsupial3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Totalele/Marsupial4.jpg

I could trim the hairs, but I think it looks cooler that way...
Thanks for looking, guys!! :cheering:

rebecca
11-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Love your version of the Marsupial...I changed mine, too! You are doing a FANTASTIC job.....WTG :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ;)

Angelia
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
:heart: Love the bag! :heart:

And yes, please keep the fuzzies!

:cheering:

Ingrid
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
That's an adorable bag! Love it!

InterNette
11-01-2005, 10:05 PM
I love them both. That small bag my aunt would love for church, first bag I have seen I thought I could make her. The larger one would be great for the back of a wheelchair, perfect looking. You did great, like a pro.

earthchick
11-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Love the bags!! :thumbsup:

KellyK
11-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Looks GREAT!! I really like that kind of handle!

koolbreeze
11-02-2005, 12:32 AM
nice bag...but i must ask...what are the spoons purpose!!!???? :??

Totalele
11-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Thank you so much guys!! Way to boost a girl's confidence! :heart: :heart:

Koolbreeze ~ See... I wanted pointy edges, but I didn't want too bulky (like Ithought it could get with a box, kwim?), so I put 4 spoons pressing the corners to look square-ish... I guess it worked! :lol: :lol:

Virtuella
11-02-2005, 11:52 AM
:thinking: a name of this?

Headwarmer?

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/2893/Lime02.jpg

18-20 stitches... knit knit knit knit knit, stop knitting at about 55 cm.
Graft together. Put fringes on. Felt.
Finished!!!

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/4319/LIme03.jpg

brendajos
11-02-2005, 11:57 AM
:thinking: a name of this?

Headwarmer?

that's cute...i can see funky skiers wearing that!

totalele i think that is a brilliant idea! i never would have thought of that! and it does a good job getting the air circulating inside to help it dry faster! good job! :thumbsup:

Angelia
11-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Very clever and very cute! :heart:

InterNette
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
pretty original. I think crown or king should be in the title somehow.

rebecca
11-02-2005, 01:56 PM
That is so 8-) COOL 8-) , Virtuella!!!!

Carol_OH
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
I LOVE IT! :heart:

Carol_OH
11-02-2005, 02:20 PM
here's my cape - the darned edges still curl up even though they're garter stitch. Urghhh!

Julie
11-02-2005, 04:29 PM
So pretty Carol!

Did you block it? When I finished hell's poncho, it curled a lot even though the edges were garter stitch...until I steamed them. Now they behave. :D

Carol_OH
11-02-2005, 04:34 PM
oh

:rollseyes:

you're supposed to block acrylic?

I did wash it! :lol:

When I get home I'll try iron/steaming it! thanks for the hint!

Ingrid
11-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Just give it a little steam--don't iron it directly. ;)

rebecca
11-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I love your cape, Carol!! Very nice color :happydance: :cheering:

Danielle
11-02-2005, 05:33 PM
All the FOs look great!!! Way to go!! :cheering: :thumbsup: :cheering: :thumbsup:

Julie
11-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Carol... :roflhard: ...sorry, I didn't know it was acrylic. It was just a guess....but according to Ingrid it may help! ;)

KellyK
11-02-2005, 11:21 PM
I finished MORE clogs tonight! :cheering: These are for my 7yo nephew. Child's large, WOTA Blue Bonnet and Grass...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clog_for_mikie.jpg

punkhippiemom
11-03-2005, 01:10 AM
:shock: Wow, amazing stuff, as usual.... I am completely amazed at that beautiful sweater, and I may just add some bags to my xmas list - they look so nice, and scarves are getting really old, really fast :rollseyes: lol.

I love the color on that cape, Carol - I just got some yarn nearly the same color to attempt my :help: FIRST SWEATER EVER :help: !!!

Keep the pictures and projects coming!

Stonington
11-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Great Colors Kelly! Will have to try clogs one of these days lol

I finished MORE clogs tonight! :cheering: These are for my 7yo nephew. Child's large, WOTA Blue Bonnet and Grass...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clog_for_mikie.jpg

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 11:05 AM
These aren't recent - they were my very first knitting projects

after looking at everyone's photos - the cape, clogs, sweaters, bags - i get more excited to get better -- so I know this isn't exciting to look at but here they are

the first is a scarf I knitted with fun fur & a wool ease yarn of some sort.

Through preview the pic looks really small.... but better to be small than too big - right?

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 11:06 AM
this was my nephew's scarf

Angelia
11-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Very pretty! I love the color, too!

:thumbsup:

punkhippiemom
11-03-2005, 11:14 AM
:waving: Hi Jeep Girl! Welcome aboard!!
Looking at the finished projects is a great motivator, and don't worry about only doing scarves so far - you have to start somewhere, and you'd be amazed at what you can do with just a rectangle (http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_dkng/episode/0,2046,DIY_18180_36322,00.html)!!

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi Angelina & Rebecca - thankyou for making me feel good!!! :happydance:

Rebecca - thanks for the link to the DIY site - what a great idea to put my "skills" to use!! :thumbsup:

Angelia
11-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Okay, here are my only two FOs. Ever!

My first ever knitted object--the standard scarf!--is the pic on the bottom.

My second, the first photo, is my dh's scarf. He picked out the yarn and everything :) The pattern doesn't show up well, but it's ribbed on the ends and sides, with stockinette in the middle.

Be gentle with me...I've only been knitting for a month :oops:

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Angelina - those are really GOOD!!! No need to be gentle with you! :cheering:

punkhippiemom
11-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Oooh, that yarn looks so SOFT and SQUISHY! I looove reds.... ~sigh~
I have a ball and a half of chunky maroon yarn -almost the same color as your top picture- that hasn't figured out what it wants to be yet - I just hope it wants to be something for me ;) like an awesome scarf and hat set to go with my winter jacket??? Maybe.... :thinking:
I think I'm making that rectangle shrug from Knitty Gritty for my DNiece - garter stitch rectangles rock if you want fast and easy - and with only two months left till Xmas, I do!!!

Angelia
11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks Jeep Girl!

What the photos don't capture:

(1) The dh's scarf sags in the middle and curls into itself, despite steaming. *sigh* And apparently, blocking acrylic doesn't work. But the dh swears he doesn't care and likes the curl. I love him :D

(2) The first-ever FO is wider at one end than the other (not sure what happened there since I didn't *plan* increases!)

(3) While making both scarves, the needle slipped out a few times, so I ended up with twisted stitches and funky looking rows that I didn't discover until much later.

But, still, I made things just using yarn and needles, which is pretty exciting!

Angelia
11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
[quote="punkhippiemom"]Oooh, that yarn looks so SOFT and SQUISHY! I looove reds.... ~sigh~ quote]

I got the yarn at WalMart--it's just a cheapie boucle, but like you, I loved the color and the texture. And it is squishy soft! I used double strands for extra squishy softness!

(Hm, double strands...maybe that's how the mysterious increase occurred!)

Danielle
11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
KellyK- Your clogs look great! Such fun colors!! :D
Jeep_Girl- WTG on your first FOs! :cheering:
Angelia- Great job on the scarves! :thumbsup:

rebecca
11-03-2005, 12:13 PM
KK- Your nephew will :heart: :heart: his clogs....I sure do ;)
Jeep Girl... :heart: in' your scarves...I, too LOVE scarves :D
Angelins-nice work :happydance:
Once again...JOBS WELL DONE everybody :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: I LOVE this thread :D

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
I think I'm becoming addicted to posting here.... lurking isn't as fun at all.....

rebecca
11-03-2005, 12:40 PM
I think I'm becoming addicted to posting here.... lurking isn't as fun at all.....

Oh, my friend...posting here is as addicting as is :XX: and collecting yarn ;) ...LOTS OF FUN :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Danielle
11-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Here is a pic of the clogs I finished for my dad for Christmas...I haven't felted them yet..

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Oh, my friend...posting here is as addicting as is :XX: and collecting yarn ;) ...LOTS OF FUN :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Oh I've got that yarn collection addiction down pat!!! I've got it stored in every nook and cranny.... my only problem is I bought the bulk of it before I was actually doing much knitting and it isn't the greatest yarn. not bad but not great. Good for a beginner like me - but I covet :inlove: the yarns at my LYS.... I understand now whey they are more expensive....

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 12:52 PM
The clogs are the same pattern that everyone is using - from noble knits? They are really nice - I love the grey/black combo!

Joel
11-03-2005, 12:58 PM

:roflhard:

Ok... Dang.... dont check this thread for a couple of days and you all post a bunch of FOs. So here goes!

Totalele: Those bags are pretty cool. I really like the color combination of the red and white one especially. You did a FANTASTIC job on those stitches. VERY EVEN.

Virtuella: I gotta agree with the suggestion to add the Crown to the name of that headwarmer. It's an interesting design and does look like a crown.

Carol: Really nice cape!

KK: The clogs are great... (like always). You sick of those yet? How many you got left to do?

JeepGirl: Nice scarves.. I like the blue color too.

Angelia: Well done on your scarves too.

WTG Everyone! :thumbsup:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 01:24 PM
I dont understand how ANYONE can stand to just lurk here!! WE ARE FUN! *stomps foot for emphasis*

All of those FOs look FANTASTIC!

Joel...Ive got 8 more pair to go....and, I was getting sick of them for a bit, but it was mostly the mist-colored soles that I was gettingtired of. Gray can be DEPRESSING! Now that Ive done the fun colors I have some of my clogenergy back. ;)

SimplyKaar
11-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Tsk, a girl goes out to work for a feww hours and you all just decided to fill up PAGES again...

As usual everything looks awsome and I'm pretty proud to be part of such a creative bunch of people.
KK: the cloggs are lovely!! I should see if I can find that pattern in Holland somewhere aswell (and see if I can find the appropriate yarn too :thinking: see where the working comes in handy *sigh*)

Angelina: your first projects look really great! really, I'm glad I never took pictures of my first attemps because I'd have to hang my head in shame next to all the first things I see on here :) Such a talent!! :cheering: :cheering:

Joel
11-03-2005, 01:47 PM
I dont understand how ANYONE can stand to just lurk here!! WE ARE FUN! *stomps foot for emphasis*

All of those FOs look FANTASTIC!

Joel...Ive got 8 more pair to go....and, I was getting sick of them for a bit, but it was mostly the mist-colored soles that I was gettingtired of. Gray can be DEPRESSING! Now that Ive done the fun colors I have some of my clogenergy back. ;)

Me thinks you need to add that word to the KH Dictionary.

mishka
11-03-2005, 01:52 PM
What wonderful FO's!!

Kelly, I love the colour of those clogs.

Oh and I love the burgandy scarf!!

Good going, keeps me adding things to my list though :(
LOL

Michelle.

KellyK
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
I thought you'd appreciate that, Joely Louise!! ;)

Joel
11-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Of course! ;)

So... you gonna add it or what?

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 02:39 PM

Well, I have to admit it is soooo tough to lurk..... I sit and laugh all the time while I was lurking (my DH thought I was nuts) and it was truly hard to NOT post - because reading so much - you start to think you are part of the group... :thinking: but then your realize that you aren't - so you never post. Vicious little cycle.

Now that I got the courage up to actually register - I figured I may as well post.... and I suspect post and post and post.... A much better cycle! :lol:

Kelly - you look so cute stomping your feet in those pretty clogs you make! I'm with Joel - that is a great word to add to the dictionary!

SimplyKaar
11-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Jeep_Girl: a little offtopic maybe but I love the glittery nametag in your signature :)

And I'm glad you mustered up the courage to register and join in in the chatter instead of just being a lurker :thumbsup:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 03:58 PM
it was truly hard to NOT post - because reading so much - you start to think you are part of the group... :thinking: but then your realize that you aren't - so you never post. Vicious little cycle.

WHAAAAAAAATTT??? :shock:

EVERYONE is part of this group! We try VERY hard to make everyone feel welcome! We are equal-opportunity picker-onners!!

rebecca
11-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, Jeep Girl, we will be picking on you by tonight or this afternoon, easy...pull up a chair, come on in ;)

mshelton
11-03-2005, 05:24 PM
As usual, those are some mighty pretttttttty knitting projects :heart: :inlove: Here's a couple of new things for me. Another pair of clogs and another shawl. The shawl is from badger's Instant expert book.