PDA

View Full Version : My Hand at Designing?

ekgheiy
02-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Okay, so don't laugh :oops: but I was thinking of designing a sweater. I have some stash yarn, but not enough for an full size sweater. (I don't want to attempt a design in full scale yet anyway). So I thought .... :oops: ... well, .... :oops: what about my ... *giggle* teddy bear. Mature adult women can have teddy bears! :lol:

Anyhoo ... besides chest, torso lenth, arm lengh/circumfrance, what other measurements should I take (if I gather the b@!!$ to do this)??

bobbiinbrooklyn
02-22-2005, 03:06 PM
teddy bears are a knitting sub-culture to themselves. Here is a good place to start: http://www.knitting.about.com/library/bldollsteddyfree.htm

ekgheiy
02-22-2005, 03:10 PM
teddy bears are a knitting sub-culture to themselves. Here is a good place to start: http://www.knitting.about.com/library/bldollsteddyfree.htm

I can believe it! I purchased "The Knitted Teddy Bear" not too long ago. I haven't actually made bear from it though. Maybe I should do that first... Hmmm?? Food for thought ...

Thanks for the link!

amy
02-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Sounds fun e.k.!

Hmmm, you'll probably want to measure the head so make sure a neck can accomodate it, or include a buttoned opening or V-neck.

have fun!
Amy

ekgheiy
02-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Sounds fun e.k.!

Hmmm, you'll probably want to measure the head so make sure a neck can accomodate it, or include a buttoned opening or V-neck.

have fun!
Amy

Great thought! I hadn't considered it even though Number Five (teddy's name ;)) has a pretty big head ... and tummy now that I think of it. :lol:

*giggle*

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
*off topic*

... though Number Five (teddy's name ;)) has a pretty big head ...

LOL, that's a hilarious name! After the movie Short Circuit came out my brother and I used to call each other Number 5 all the time!

ekgheiy
02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
*off topic*

... though Number Five (teddy's name ;)) has a pretty big head ...

LOL, that's a hilarious name! After the movie Short Circuit came out my brother and I used to call each other Number 5 all the time!

I grew up on Short Circuit and adore that movie! But I bought Number Five from Sax 5th Ave (on sale ;)), so that's what inspired the name. Of course, it didn't hurt that Johnny #5 came to mind after I decided on the name :lol:

Number Five is alive!! No disassemble Number Five!!!

foldedbird
02-25-2005, 03:13 AM
The first chapter in SnB Nation has a comprehensive guide to designing/chainging sweater patterns. Well worth a look, ek!!!

Good luck!