PDA

View Full Version : Totally Lame Question. . .

jade771
02-25-2005, 09:03 PM
I've never knitted a blanket, but wanted to try knitting this one: http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/yarn/womans_day_mag/lw1417.htm

I know it is super easy, but I'm confused by exactly what yarn I need. Do I need two different colors? It looks like a thick blanket. Do you use two strands at once? Am I making this too difficult?

carollovesyarn
02-25-2005, 09:17 PM
It's confusing because they are letting you know that the yarn required comes in two different sized balls depending on if you buy a solid or multicolor skein. You could use the 6 oz. solid or the 4.5 oz. mulit, but either way you need 18 oz. of this yarn. The pattern doesn't say to use two strands. I think it looks thick because they say Baby Cloud is a bulky and it looks fluffy to me.

"RED HEART® “Baby Clouds™”, Art. E710 (6 ounce/148 yard solid color and 41/2 ounce/110 yard multicolor skeins): 18 Ounces No. 9925 Playtime."

Carol

jade771
02-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks!

amy
02-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Oh is that what they're saying?! Gosh, this had me confused too! Way to go Carol!

Well, in my search to answer the Q, I did confirm that it's DEFINITELY not knit with two strands. I didn't think it would be, because, as Carol says, the pattern doesn't mention it, and they definitely would. But I double checked, and other patterns use this yarn on size 15 needles too, single stranded. (2 stitches to the inch, wow that'll be some fast knitting!).

Happy knitting Jade! Oh, and welcome to the forum :)
Amy

jade771
02-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Thank you for the help and the welcome! I'm so glad I found your website. I'll be ordering your DVD soon I think. It's been a couple of years since I've knitted much, so I'm excited to get back into the swing of things.

amy
02-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Just so you know, it's a CD, not a DVD, of this website. (Can't play it in the TV's DVD player, just on your computer).

I'm working on a DVD, though, actually. Should be out in the spring, maybe sooner if I can get it together. (So much to do!)

:)
Amy