PDA

View Full Version : Funny picture

Nuno930
03-01-2005, 01:19 PM
I was looking for a good picture of the piercing I want and found this... I figured you all could appreciate it :wink:

ETA: Nevermind... nothing to see here. Sorry, there was a copyright on the picture that I didnt notice before :oops:

EETA: Yay! I found the link... ok funny picture back

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/05-lips/A50224/high/bmegl023721.jpg

beldaraan
03-01-2005, 02:46 PM
He looks, ummm, happy? :D

ROFL, nice pic. Which piercing are you looking to have done?

Nuno930
03-01-2005, 03:02 PM
I am getting my labret done. Maybe.

ekgheiy
03-01-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm done piercing ... I have 2 in one ear, 3 in the other, my tongue and formerly my eyebrow. I took out my browring b/c I couldn't find the ring that I really wanted, but I still have my others. Too bad they don't have tongue rings in the shape of a knitting needle; that would be way cool ... :lol:

beldaraan
03-01-2005, 04:47 PM
I used to have a belly ring, but I took it out permanently a year after my son was born. My hubby said I looked much better without it anyway. I also used to have to top of my ear pierced, but it always hurt, so that came out a year after I had it.

kimmie
03-01-2005, 05:58 PM

I don't even know what a labret is....maybe I don't want to know??? When I was in college I got one of my ears double pierced and I felt like such a rebel. I'm kind of glad that I am too old for tongue piercings and so on. I think belly button piercings look great on some people, but it would look scary on me.
:) kimmie

Nuno930
03-01-2005, 06:01 PM
woo I found the link... I had forgotten where I got the picture from.

I've never had anything done before (minus the ears) but I really love the look of it. Then I wonder if I am to old and need to let it go... am I going to be "that lady" ?

foldedbird
03-01-2005, 06:02 PM

I don't even know what a labret is....maybe I don't want to know??? When I was in college I got one of my ears double pierced and I felt like such a rebel. I'm kind of glad that I am too old for tongue piercings and so on. I think belly button piercings look great on some people, but it would look scary on me.
:) kimmie

See the ball in the middle of the dude's chin? That's having your labret peirced, I believe.

foldedbird
03-01-2005, 06:07 PM
woo I found the link... I had forgotten where I got the picture from.

I've never had anything done before (minus the ears) but I really love the look of it. Then I wonder if I am to old and need to let it go... am I going to be "that lady" ?

Ain't none of my business, Nuno, but you know me...I'd really think hard about it before you decide to take the plunge on a labret peircing. If and when you get older and decided that you've grown out of it, you're going be stuck with one NASTY looking scar.. :evil:. I've seen a few, and the scars are pretty gross looking. Something to think about...

On the other hand, I've had the top cartilidge in my ear peirced, my tongue (took it out) navel (took it out) and 4 other holes in my ears. My former sister-in-law has all kinds of whacky peircings...her labret "hole" is kind of funny, she can drink water and "spit" it out of her chin if she takes the ring out.

amy
03-01-2005, 06:10 PM
I was curious about that too. I just did a Google image search for labret piercing. Most of them were below the mouth, simple single holes. I'm not big on piercings, but I can handle that.

But some of the ones that came up on the search....
:shock: oh my...still feeling woozey. I don't have much of a stomache for looking at extreme body piercings. (Like the one where someone had corset-like lacing up their back...without the corset. Ugh. Feeling a little dizzy here.....What was that one doing on a search for labret piercings, anyway?!)

foldedbird
03-01-2005, 06:37 PM
If that's the worst you came up with, you're a lucky gal!

kimmie
03-01-2005, 06:58 PM
See the ball in the middle of the dude's chin? That's having your labret peirced, I believe.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Now I can be hip and talk knowledgeably about labrets. :) I was just thinking about how double piercings were so edgy when I was young and now it's labrets (see how casually I slipped that into the conversation??). I've seen some really wild things like people forking their tongues. Soooooo, what is the *next* generation going to do to themselves to be edgier than their fuddy-duddy labret-piercing, tongue-forking parents??
kimmie

Kittykat
03-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Hehe, Amy I think you found BME, which is an extreme body modification site, they have some freeky looking pictures on there. I only have my nose done (on the side...no septum for me...my mother would kill me!) and my ears. Labrets are cool, but I'd advise you before you get it done to not take Asprin for at least a week...being a blood thinner I'm sure you can guess the results. :twisted:

foldedbird
03-01-2005, 07:06 PM
They'll probably be normal...lol.

Nuno930
03-01-2005, 07:21 PM
If and when you get older and decided that you've grown out of it, you're going be stuck with one NASTY looking scar

I am getting a SMALL guage (one step up from the smallest they can do) and I don't plan to expand it... so the scar won't be to bad. About the same as ears that have closed, maybe a bit smaller. :wink: my tattoos will be much more freaky and hard to explain to the grandkids :shock:

beldaraan
03-01-2005, 07:46 PM
For anyone considering piercings, do NOT get them done with a gun. Have a REAL professional do it with a sterilized needle and cork. Never go to those earring places that have a "professional" to use a gun. They're not professionals. Being shown how to do it a couple of times, then being set on your own is not training. A real professional knows how to look for veins, skin types, etc. Also, those guns can carry diseases (which slip my mind at the moment - i think one is tuberculosis?). It costs more, of course, but this is a mutilation to your body.

Kittykat
03-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Ah, good ol BME...how many hours have I spent looking through thee?

If you rub Vitamin E lotion, or even break down the capsules and rub it on the scar once you take it out and let it heal, it can reduce the appearance of the scar quite a bit.

And yes if you are going to get a piercing get it done at a proper place. Guns can't be sterilized, so essentally you're piercing yourself with the equal to a dirty safty pin, considering the earings they pierce you with with those guns are dull... :shock: (Side note, if you're pierced properly you should not have a lot of scar tissue, yes you will have some, but not as much as you would if you had it done with a gun)

Sorry, my rant of the day is over :)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Squeamish people look away!!!!!!!

*warning...last chance!*

I found this picture, titled "how to piss of your parents" or something like that...

beldaraan
03-02-2005, 12:02 AM
>>shakes head<<

Hilde, you really shouldn't show pictures of yourself like that....

:roll:

MaggieL
03-02-2005, 03:10 AM
To each his own ... but I don't get it.

I do have two earrings in each ear and would like to pierce my nose, but my dh would kill over...giggle ... I must save him from the shock...

oshnpashn
03-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Great pic!!! My piercings so far are 3 in each ear, and my navel; tats, only one so far. Long story, but I'd love another!! My kids have a great time with "Mom, why are you the only Mom with her belly button pierced?" and "Mom, why don't you dress like the other Moms???" It's a riot!!!

Nuno930
03-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Great pic!!! My piercings so far are 3 in each ear, and my navel; tats, only one so far. Long story, but I'd love another!! My kids have a great time with "Mom, why are you the only Mom with her belly button pierced?" and "Mom, why don't you dress like the other Moms???" It's a riot!!!

Yeah, I am going to be that mom too. They only thing that worries me about that is I live in a small, ULTRA consertative, Christian town. I don't care what others think really--- but it may be hard to get elected PTA president someday with blue hair and a diamond in my lip :shock: :wink:

amy
03-02-2005, 12:03 PM
:shock: :lol: Woah!

Hilde, where do you find these pictures? That one doesn't make me squeemish for some reason. I guess I'm used to seeing little facial rings. Not quite so many of course! LOL. But it doesn't gross me out too much.

It looks like that face make-up is actually tattoos, too! Except for the black around the eyes which looks like makeup. I once saw a woman walk by with a fully tattooed face. People all around me were talking about it in shock, and I don't live in a conservative town. I can't imagine a person not regretting getting their face tattooed! (Unless it was to look like make-up, or something subtle.)

>>shakes head<<

Hilde, you really shouldn't show pictures of yourself like that....
Beldaraan, you're too much. That gave me a good hearty laugh. :lol:

Amy

ekgheiy
03-02-2005, 12:08 PM
For anyone considering piercings, do NOT get them done with a gun. Have a REAL professional do it with a sterilized needle and cork. .

I totally agree. When I had my tongue pierced, the guy talked me through the WHOLE process before even breaking out the needle. :) I initially wanted my ring closer to the tip of my tongue, but he strongly advised against it; in fact, he flat out refused to pierce close to the tip. He said I would run the risk of ripping it out or biting on it more frequently. After I still said yes to piercing after his "speech", he took his time searching for veins and placing the "bullseye". He actually had to place my tongue ring at an angle to avoid hitting a large vein. After telling me that's what he had to do, he asked if I still wanted to proceed. He wore surgical gloves and used a hollow disposable needle. He presented and explained each piece of equipment before using it. He even had me lean against the wall so that I wouldn't flinch away, causing myself massive amounts of pain. The actual peircing part didn't really hurt! :shock: Biting my tongue while eating hurts worse. ;) Once he secured the ring (barbell actually), my tongue went numb so I still didn't feel any pain. When all was said and done, he made me watch him destroy the needle and clean his "work station". I've gotten two tatoos from the same place (my mother got one tattoo from them, her friend got one tattoo from them, and a high school friend got two tattoos from them) ... and they always had us watch them clean their stations and destroy needles (I'm talking burnt/melted and placed in those HazadMat boxes like you see in hospitals), it's their shop policy!

So my advice for people thinking about piercing,
#1 REALLY, deeply think about it!!! I thought about my tattoos (2) and tongue piercing for over two years before I got them. After two years, I still wanted them, so I knew it wasn't a "fad". And I still know that it's not a fad because I still adore my tats and tongue ring.
#2 make sure you are comfortable with the people and facility. If you ever feel at least a little bit uncomfortable for any reason, LEAVE!! If you have questions, no matter how stupid you THINK they may seem, ASK THEM!!! If you don't feel comfortable asking, LEAVE!! If they don't answer you, LEAVE!! If they don't provide above satisfactory answers, LEAVE!!
#3 go for a place that uses disposable tools! Yes, these establishments are lot more expensive, but it's worth it!

Just my TwoCents! :)

ekgheiy
03-02-2005, 12:35 PM
RE: Hilde's pic ...
WOWWIE ... I agree that "to each's own" ... but THAT (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/att04126.jpg) is a bit much! I just don't get it :?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Ekgheiy, where do you go to get this done? I got my tat in Fells Point, in the shop that used to be where Saints and Sinners (also a tat/piercing shop) is now (on Thames st). I got my eyebrow pierced at Harm City, in Towson. Both places were hospital-clean and very nice, but I was a lot more impressed with the personal attention at the place in Fells... I haven't been to the "new" place there, since they opened after we moved to IL... where do you go?

ekgheiy
03-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Ekgheiy, where do you go to get this done? I got my tat in Fells Point, in the shop that used to be where Saints and Sinners (also a tat/piercing shop) is now (on Thames st). I got my eyebrow pierced at Harm City, in Towson. Both places were hospital-clean and very nice, but I was a lot more impressed with the personal attention at the place in Fells... I haven't been to the "new" place there, since they opened after we moved to IL... where do you go?

Howdie!

I got my eyebrow done in Georgetown; I can't remember that place :cry:. I got all my other "decorations" done at Sins of the Skin in Chase. It sounds like a dive, eh? Actually, it looked like a bit of a dive too. :lol: But the service was exceptional! I had my "decorations" done in 1997 and 1998. My "decorations" are complete, so I haven't been back since. But I sure hope that nothing's changed.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-03-2005, 02:30 PM
OMG!!!! LOL, I have been in sins of the skin, because I grew up in Essex! It *does* look like a dive... I remember thinking that only "bad" people went in there when I was a little kid. Small world!!!

ekgheiy
03-03-2005, 02:48 PM
OMG!!!! LOL, I have been in sins of the skin, because I grew up in Essex! It *does* look like a dive... I remember thinking that only "bad" people went in there when I was a little kid. Small world!!!

TOTALLY!! When I pulled up in parking lot and saw nothing but Harleys and leather clad beefcakes, I was like ... :shock: Um ... should I fear for my safety or what?? :shock: (Not that I think bikers are bad people, but I was a juvenile by putting faith in a stereotype or two. I learned my lesson about the crappiness of stereotypes! ;) ). What I saw upon arriving in that parking lot was NOT the kind of look that I had invisioned when I spoke with them on the phone. My high-school friend was with me at the time. She said, "Let's at least walk in and give them a chance. If we still feel iffy, then we'll leave." I gently suggested that she back into the parking space for easy getaway if needed!! :lol: ROTFLMAO!!!

But once we passed the threshold, the tension was cut will nothing but KEWLNESS!! The scruffy bikers we saw in the parking lot were pretty kewl dudes!! :)