PDA

View Full Version : Chat Poll...What is the best time for you to chat?READ 1st

foldedbird
03-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Again, please only answer this poll via the poll, not in this thread for right now.

Explination of Time zones:

If it's 12pm Pacific time, it is 1 pm Mountain, 2pm Central, and 3pm Eastern time. Here's a map that you can use anytime to tell you the current time and date pretty much anywhere on the planet: http://www.worldtimezone.com/

All times in the poll are referring to Pacific time, so please add or subtract hours as necessary.

By the way, if you live in Hawaii (lucky you) You are two hours minus Pacific time, or in the above example it would be 10 am. Can I come live with you?

foldedbird
03-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Why do I only see 12 votes? hmm? I got 25 chat folks signed up! You're all in BIG trouble.

Just kidding!

javede
03-03-2005, 04:01 AM
Why do I only see 12 votes? hmm? I got 25 chat folks signed up! You're all in BIG trouble.

Just kidding!
Maybe that's because there are two polls and the other one is easier to answer. Atleast for me! I'm +1GMT, but I can't figure out what time it's around here if it's 5pm Pacific. hmm, was pm in the morning or in the evening...another thing that ALWAYS confuses me :roll:

SimplyKaar
03-03-2005, 08:10 AM

Just kidding!
Maybe that's because there are two polls and the other one is easier to answer. Atleast for me! I'm +1GMT, but I can't figure out what time it's around here if it's 5pm Pacific. hmm, was pm in the morning or in the evening...another thing that ALWAYS confuses me :roll:

Javede, you're in Germany right? I'm in the Netherlands so we should be in the same timezone :) Let's see if I can explain this:
We have 6 hours difference with Florida which I think is Easter Time. So when it's 6 in the evening here (18.00h) it is 12 in the afternoon on the eastcoast of the USA.
From there you can figure out the other times in the USA I suppose.
Oh and pm is everything after 12 in the afternoon, am is everything before 12.00h.

I always find it hard to join in chats with you Americanos because of that time difference. By the time you guys are home from work, have had dinner and are ready to relax at the computer it is already way past my bedtime here. But if you guys decide on an afternoon chat, it would be nice to pop in every now and then. as long as it's before about 6pm Easter time ( which is before midnight my time)

Nicoley
03-03-2005, 08:12 AM
im one of the 25 signed up... i cant chat this week or for a while... so i have no vote

knitfun
03-03-2005, 09:43 AM
I already voted.....My vote was for the 9pm Eastern timeslot, although I may occasionally be able to make a 10pm Eastern timeslot!
Thanks

loofnicnad
03-03-2005, 10:56 AM
From time to time when I log onto Yahoo, I get into the KH Chat group page and check to see if anyone is in the chatroom. I am assuming that the room is basically "open" whenever someone wants to go in. I keep hoping to see someone in there during "unofficial" times but so far I have been in by myself.

Loof :)

carollovesyarn
03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
I chose 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern, but I can also chat earlier too.

Carol

foldedbird
03-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone...

Sorry that the polls are kind of confusing...just trying to get a good idea on a good time for everyone in general.

Thanks for replying, it's been really helpful to me so far!

Jivewhistle
03-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Haven't voted because I don't really like tying myself down to a time...I just like to stop in whenever. But I just wanted to add that you may get more responses from people already signed up Denise if you put the poll in the Poll section on your yahoo group. The poll can stay open for a week too and then it automatically posts the results on the message board there.

foldedbird
03-04-2005, 03:28 AM
Thanks, Jive! ;)

knitfun
03-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Loof, me too, I stop by the KHChat hoping to catch someone, but it's usually just me!

We could always post a note here that says we'll be in the chat, for "off" times, maybe we'd get other bites!

I'll be checking in there later....maybe I'll "chat" (see) someone then!

:)