PDA

View Full Version : need quick help....k2tog tbl?

ChroniclesofYarnia
03-04-2005, 12:49 AM
I know what it means....but the tbl part I am having trouble envisioning. How do I do that? Do I come in at the top stitch and go down through the back like purling except have the yarn behind, or do I go behind the work and insert the needle and go at it?

I have been doing it the first way, and it is really difficult and taking forever.

Thanks!

kimmie
03-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Hi YarnMommy,
I would just ignore the front of the work entirely & knit the part of the loop on the back side of the needle. I hope that helps!
kimmie

ChroniclesofYarnia
03-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Would it look terribly different if I just k2tog the regular way? It seems to me you are still dragging it through the same way.

I'm still unclear as to how to stick the needle in to start the stitch.

Oh, and I am starting this http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTcozy.html .

kimmie
03-04-2005, 01:17 AM
I am terrible at explaining things, but I'll try. When I knit 2 together normally, I insert the right hand needle in front, starting with the farthest left of the two stitches and continuing through the stitch on the right...knitting them together. When I knit two together through the back loop, I would start in back and insert my right hand needle starting through the right stitch & continuing through the left stitch & then knit them together. It's one of those things that sounds so much harder than it is. I wish I could explain it better.

The pattern looks beautiful, by the way!
kimmie

kimmie
03-04-2005, 01:26 AM
I've got to go to bed and get some sleep. I won't be at all surprised if when I wake up & check the messages here I will find out that I've been doing this stitch wrong for years... and if that's the case, I'm sorry if I led you astray!
:) kimmie

salsa
03-04-2005, 04:26 AM
Yarnmommy, Amy has videos for this stitch on her abbreviations page:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/abbreviations_explained/

ChroniclesofYarnia
03-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Geez., I didn't even know there were videos on that page!

Thanks so much Kimmie, I used your advice and got alot done last night. I'll throw a pic up on my blog sometime today. :)

kimmie
03-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Whew. I'm glad that my explanation made sense and I'm also glad that when I watched the video I discovered that I do it the right way afterall.
:) kimmie