PDA

View Full Version : recycling yarn

feministmama
03-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Here's a great link that shows you how to recycle yarn. Awright now y'all go out and raid those thrift shops!

http://neauveau.com/recycledyarn.html

beldaraan
03-04-2005, 12:49 PM
*GASP*

She has scissors in her hand!! I can't look anymore. Somebody tell me when it's over...

ekgheiy
03-04-2005, 12:57 PM
*ekgheiy stares in amazement

:shock:

I would love to see the new sweater that she made with the recycled yarn!!!!!

Sara
03-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks, feministmama! I've been enamored of the idea of recycling yarn for awhile now. I'm going to hit the Salv-ar tomorrow! I'd go today, but my five year old is sick and has a ruptured eardrum.
btw, I'm taking a women's studies survey class this semester, and your username gives me a giggle. I'm trying to figure out just how many minors I'm allowed.

loofnicnad
03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Isn't that sacreligous????? :evil:

j/k

I have a couple of sweaters in my closet that I haven't worn in a couple of years. I wonder what they might become in the future?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

brightspot
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
I've always wondered how that was done, but wasn't brave enough to try it. I too have sweaters in my closet that I love that I have long outgrown. Where are my scissors?

amigarabita
03-05-2005, 04:48 PM
haha! i was just thinking (after my koolaid dyig tutorial) that i should do a how-to on recycling yarn! thanks for the link ~she did a great job. i like how she measured the yardage.

lisa e
09-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Whoa......I just bagged up some stuff for the goodwilll.....and I think there are some sweaters in the mix. Yikes, I better go see if any can be salvaged!!

How smart is this??

ekgheiy
09-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Whoa......I just bagged up some stuff for the goodwilll.....and I think there are some sweaters in the mix. Yikes, I better go see if any can be salvaged!! How smart is this?? Dudette - get ready to have some fun!! :happydance: