PDA

View Full Version : Family of Murderous Mittens

ekgheiy
03-06-2005, 07:43 PM
I started some mittens (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/khs-mittens.html)with the stash homespun and hit a snag x-(

This part (end of Palm) doesn't work.

End on a WS row, placing a marker between two center sts.

Top Shaping: Row 1 (RS) *Ssk, k to within 2 sts of marker, k2tog; ssk, k to within last 2 sts, k2tog; rep from *, ending row with k2tog. Row 2 Purl. Rep these 2 rows 1 (2, 3, 4) times - 16 (16, 18, 20) sts.

First, place a marker btw what center sts? I thought it meant the sts on the stitch holder, but that didn't work out. Then I placed a st marker in the middle of the 14 sts on either side of the st holder sts, but that didn't work either. What on earth am I missing? :cry:

brightspot
03-07-2005, 02:12 AM
I have made every size of these mittens and just finished them last week. What you do is after you put the thumb on the stitch holder you place a marker on the right hand needle. Then you knit the rest of the row joined with the first part of the row so that the marker is in the middle of the stitches. Then you start knitting the palm. The marker is the center point between the front and the back of the mitten. I hope this is clear. Reading over it I'm not sure that it is. If my directions aren't clear you can IM me and maybe I can tell you in a different way. I hope this helped.

ekgheiy
03-07-2005, 10:54 AM
I have made every size of these mittens and just finished them last week. What you do is after you put the thumb on the stitch holder you place a marker on the right hand needle. Then you knit the rest of the row joined with the first part of the row so that the marker is in the middle of the stitches. Then you start knitting the palm. The marker is the center point between the front and the back of the mitten. I hope this is clear. Reading over it I'm not sure that it is. If my directions aren't clear you can IM me and maybe I can tell you in a different way. I hope this helped.

Oh ... so the two sides of 14sts will be connected into one piece of 28sts... :?? I would never have thought of this ... You're good ... :thumbsup: I shall try this ... xxx

Nuno930
03-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Hope you figured this out... I just wanted to say that when I first read this I read "Murderous Kittens" I was sort of wondering why you had resorting to killing poor kittens for the sake of knitting :??

ekgheiy
03-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Hope you figured this out... I just wanted to say that when I first read this I read "Murderous Kittens" I was sort of wondering why you had resorting to killing poor kittens for the sake of knitting :??

:rofl:
Hmm ... maybe I wanted to spin some Kitty Fur!! HAhaha xxx

ekgheiy
03-07-2005, 04:25 PM

You're a F><k!^g genius!!!! :thumbsup: THANK YOU!! I was seriously going to start crying over these Murderous Mittens.. :?? :crying: :verysad: I hate being stuck!! Stupid instructions! :wall:

But I got it now! :figureditout: Thanks Brightspot! You really are a bright spot, eh? ;)