PDA

View Full Version : *Sob*

beldaraan
03-07-2005, 02:29 PM
:( :wall:

I just dropped a bunch of stitches without noticing on my socks. Some of them unravelled too.

rip rip rip

ekgheiy
03-07-2005, 02:31 PM
:( :wall:

I just dropped a bunch of stitches without noticing on my socks. Some of them unravelled too.

rip rip rip

:verysad:

*ekgheiy helps beldaraan pick up her sts.*

loofnicnad
03-07-2005, 02:37 PM
beldaraan,

You have my deepest sympathies during this dark hour.

Loof :crying:

KellyK
03-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Dearest Beldaraan....

How can we fully appreciate the pure joy of a perfectly knit piece if we never experience the pain and sorrow of a dropped stitch? That which does not kill us makes us frogger.....I mean, um, STRONGER.

HUGS to you, Bel.

oshnpashn
03-07-2005, 03:04 PM
My condolences to you. I'm working on my first sock and I'd just die if that happened to me!!! :( finally finished the first part of the leg (you know work rows 1-16 twice) Well I've done it once!! Slow, slow,slow. Keep us updated on your progress.

MommaBear
03-07-2005, 03:47 PM
:crying:
Oh how sad :-( I would be very upset if I were you too :-(

amy
03-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Poor Beldie! :crying:

Amy

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh suck it up. Just kidding :-)

at least you're not a quitter not me. Besides you are awesome-super-knittyMcSpeedster, so you will have it fixed-and better than before-in no time. :thumbsup:

beldaraan
03-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Thank you for all of your support everyone. I felt better and better after each comment that I read. You are all very sweet and understanding.

As for my progress update, as requested, I'm beyond the row where I originally ended and frogged. Beldie always remembers to move her finished rows to the middle of her dpns now.

amy
03-08-2005, 02:00 AM
In leiu of your recent frogging tragedy, Beldie, I dedicate the newest emoticon to you.....

(Drumroll please...)
Introducing, the Frogging emoticon!

:frog:

;)
Amy

beldaraan
03-08-2005, 05:34 AM
Awwww, thank you Amy! I am touched.

Looks just the way I did while frogging.

Ribbit, ribbit... :frog:

oshnpashn
03-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Well Beld....guess what I get to do today!!! I dropped a couple stitches last night on my sock and this afternoon I get to FROG!!!!

beldaraan
03-08-2005, 05:39 PM
I'd just die if that happened to me!!!
Don't die on me. If I can get back on track so can you.

Are you doing the kal sock or something different. You keep us updated too.

jade771
03-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Love the emoticon! I LOL at the sight of it!

Carie
03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
That is the cutest little emoticon I ever saw. Where on earth did you get it???

By the way, sorry about losing your stitches. I am almost done with the back of my latest sweater and I noticed that somewhere down in the middle is an incorrect stitch (I purled when I should have knitted). The h*@! with it.

Carie

beldaraan
03-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Take 2:

:X: knit, knit, knit

:?eyebrow: "oh, what happened here?"

:?? "hmm, can I fix this?

:? "I only lost one stitch somehow. I could have fixed it in stockinette, but fixing a stitch in ribbing is a lot different"

||
||
||
||
||

:frog: sigh x 15 rows

Anne
03-09-2005, 04:24 AM
I envy all of you that can knit anything other than a scarf :XX:

Thank goodness Spring is almost here and i get outside to my garden :cheering:

Maybe when i start to play in the dirt again i can rejoice when my flowers bloom :thumbsup:

All that expensive yarn i bought to make that Afghan and i can't make headway on knitting anything other than a scarf. :doh:

So i am handing over my yarn for someone else to make the Afghan :cheering:

Happy Knitting to those that can :heart: I am just so disappointed!!!!!!!

Anne
03-09-2005, 04:35 AM
Beld, you make me laugh. At least you dont give up :happydance: :thumbsup:

KellyK
03-09-2005, 08:21 AM
I think we should "stick" this thread like an ongoing "Frogging Support Group".

I knit half a hat last night & had to :frog: it because it was too small.

beldaraan
03-09-2005, 12:19 PM
So i am handing over my yarn for someone else to make the Afghan
Who's doing the afgan for you? Maybe you need to take a break from the afgan and make something else that is quick and easy!! Please don't give up Anne. Tell us where you're stuck!

Kelly, that's unfortunate. At least, you didn't make the whole thing, bind off, and then realize that it's too small.

I've decided that if I lose stitches again, I'm going to visit my lys lady. If I can't see her right away, then I'll just work on my booby scarf or switch to one of my other hobbies.

KellyK
03-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Kelly, that's unfortunate. At least, you didn't make the whole thing, bind off, and then realize that it's too small.

I've decided that if I lose stitches again, I'm going to visit my lys lady. If I can't see her right away, then I'll just work on my booby scarf or switch to one of my other hobbies.

I suppose I could have then given the hat to a small-headed person?

What's a booby scarf? :??

beldaraan
03-09-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm knitting a pink booby scarf for the Breast Cancer Awareness kal. I am going to wear it everyday in October, since that is the special month for this project.

Here's the Booby Scarf link (http://www.marblehead.net/amy/knittyF04surp.pdf).

oshnpashn
03-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Happily I'm still enjoying the sock, even though I had to frog it all the way back to the ribbing...HMMM did someone once mention a LIFELINE!!! Silly me, but guess what I'm using now!! ;) No KAL, just when I have the time for my latest project!!!

Anne
03-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Beld, I haven't started the Throw yet. Trying to correct mistakes on the scarfs i make is enough for me.

The lady who teaches knitting at Michaels knits beautifully. I have seen the sweaters she has made. Out of this world :heart:

I have her phone #. Will call to ask if she would consider knitting my Throw. I am sure she will.

She will make house calls for $15.00 2 hr sessions.

ekgheiy
03-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Beld, I haven't started the Throw yet. Trying to correct mistakes on the scarfs i make is enough for me.

The lady who teaches knitting at Michaels knits beautifully. I have seen the sweaters she has made. Out of this world :heart:

I have her phone #. Will call to ask if she would consider knitting my Throw. I am sure she will.

She will make house calls for $15.00 2 hr sessions.

What throw is it?? I'm dying to know now! :thinking:

Anne
03-09-2005, 05:40 PM
I purchased 20 different yarns of varying shades and textures to make a Throw.

These are the instructions.

cast on 150 stitches using #11 32 inch cir needles. All garter stitch using a new yarn for each row.

I can't start knitting because i cannot figure out how to start a new row with a different yarn.

I also have to leave 4"-6" ends at the beginning and end of each row. These will be used as part of my fringe.

I found the pattern in " The yarn girls guide to simple knits on page 154.

ekgheiy
03-09-2005, 06:03 PM
I purchased 20 different yarns of varying shades and textures to make a Throw.

These are the instructions.

cast on 150 stitches using #11 32 inch cir needles. All garter stitch using a new yarn for each row.

I can't start knitting because i cannot figure out how to start a new row with a different yarn.

I also have to leave 4"-6" ends at the beginning and end of each row. These will be used as part of my fringe.

I found the pattern in " The yarn girls guide to simple knits on page 154.

Oh - you can do this Deary!!!

Okay so let's say the first 3 rows use Black, White, and Grey...

Cast on your 150 sts in Black and Knit 1 row.
Row 2 - let go of your Black yarn. Pick up your White yarn skein. Pull about 8" out of the skein and hold those 8" in your left hand along with your left needle. Pick up the yarn from the White Skein and just start knitting with it across the whole row.
Row 3 - let got of your White yarn. Pick up Grey Skein and run 8" of gray along the left needle as you did with the white. Then just start knitting the row in Grey from the Grey Skein.

The first few sts might be loose, but just tug on the 8" tail and the yarn coming from the skein to tighten the st.

Hope that helps!