PDA

View Full Version : Knit Pearl Knit all in one Stitch

Newbird
03-12-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm knitting Patons Textured Panels Afghan. Just a few rows in, it instructs to Knit Purl Knit all in the next stitch.

I did it...all in the front of the stitch, but it makes quite a hole when I go on to the next row. Should I be doing a portion of this into the back of the stitch? I'm not sure.

Please help! Thanks!

Barb

Jouf
03-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Newbird, here's your post!! Just down a few. Now, SOMEONE, please answer!

Newbird
03-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks, Jouf! LOL

I can't believe I wasn't able to find it! :thinking: Now it's there twice! :??

Barb

Newbird, here's your post!! Just down a few. Now, SOMEONE, please answer!

ekgheiy
03-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm knitting Patons Textured Panels Afghan. Just a few rows in, it instructs to Knit Purl Knit all in the next stitch.

I did it...all in the front of the stitch, but it makes quite a hole when I go on to the next row. Should I be doing a portion of this into the back of the stitch? I'm not sure.

Please help! Thanks!

Barb

Hmm... :??
Since you're doing 3 sts into 1 st, there's bound to be a hole b/c you're essentially stretching that st.

Do you have link to a pic of the afghan?

Newbird
03-14-2005, 07:34 PM
I have the picture that was sent to me in the kit...this square looks like what my Mom called "Popcorn Stitch" when it's done.

I hadn't gotten any responses until yours, so I've experimented, trying doing part into the front and part into the back, but it just made it worse, so I went ahead and put all three in the front of the stitch. As I went on, row after row, it shaped up into the "Popcorn" look. Really very attractive! Maybe my panic was unfounded!

Thanks for taking the time to reply...I appreciate the support!
It's a Patons pattern kit, called "Textured Panels Afghan". The colors are absolutely gorgeous, as is the afghan, itself! The yarn feels wonderful...I know it's going to be an item well-loved. I haven't decided who will get it!

Thanks again!

Barb

Please help! Thanks!

Barb

Hmm... :??
Since you're doing 3 sts into 1 st, there's bound to be a hole b/c you're essentially stretching that st.

Do you have link to a pic of the afghan?

Roxanne
03-14-2005, 09:08 PM
I have done this same stitch pattern in a sweater I made called Nina...if you want to see how the texture looked when knitted up, go to my blog and click on "Nina" sweater on the right hand sidebar. It is a stretched stitch and will create a "hole" that doesn't really seem like a "hole" once you've knitted a few rows.

Happy knitting!! :XX: