PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cheezy Pet photos --share your pics!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Vendie
02-19-2006, 01:07 PM
oh wook at the sweet puppies, i want to smooch them and rub their bellies!

My Emmie girl has taken to snuggling on top of me lately. Which I love, but she's over 50 pounds, so my legs start to go numb after awhile.

Angelia
02-19-2006, 03:51 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I absolutely adore labs and lab mixes. I had one named Maggie, and she was the gentlest, sweetest dog. But BIG and kinda hard to curl up with (though she tried, bless her sweet canine heart).

momwolf
02-19-2006, 04:03 PM
:( Sorry to hear you had to put your Lab to sleep.I know how that is . I have had dog most of my adult life and I have to put many down. But like you my worst was my Keesha 12 years old.Had her before kids and husband so she went everywhere with me. But they do light up our lives so you always have to get another one :D Thanks to all for the lovely coments on Ali & Zoey
No the dogs aren't sleeping, their just bored with the whole picture taking thing.Like can we go out side now!!!!!!!

Ingrid Video would good idea,maybe I could teach her to knit :roflhard: If I can ever get it down ( Teaching your dog to relax by knitting :rofling: )

Julie

aylaanne
02-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I have a bunch of pictures of my kitty, Peanut, on her own separate web page (one of the reasons I need new hosting space come May). http://www.people.umass.edu/ascostel/peanut
I think out of all of them, this one is my favorite:
http://www.people.umass.edu/ascostel/peanut/peanutpantry.jpg

Angelia
02-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Oh how sweet!! :inlove: :inlove:

aylaanne
02-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks. She's my baby. A year ago last christmas (so 14 months or so ago) she swallowed the sewing needle I was using to make the beaded headdress that I'm wearing for my wedding in July, I had to get her to the vet for emergency surgery. That was the scariest time of my life.

Of course, I don't have children yet, so I'm sure that the scariest times are yet to come.

dustinac
02-19-2006, 07:56 PM
awww what pretty furbabies you all have!!

The kitty cat we did adopt and named Esmerelda well she was sicker than the shelter thought.. I left here yesterday telling my 5yr old I was taking her to the vet to help her and found out she had to be put down :shock: talk about a shock and then come home empty handed... I knew it was prolly bad cause her tummy was swelling and going down but never thought that.. only had her for 3wks wish I could've done more for her... she was a sweetie and is missed for sure... :(

Angelia
02-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh, that's terrible, Dustina! :heart: :heart: Hugs :heart: :heart:

Mer
02-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Dustina, I'm sorry about your kitty! How sad. :(

Here's Phoebe pretending she's a person:

http://static.flickr.com/31/100280935_918064dc44.jpg

Angelia
02-19-2006, 11:08 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:heart: :heart: Phoebe!!

One of mine does that pose all the time...only his belly is 4x as big as Phoebe's, so the sight is quite hideous ;)

bjc1050
02-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Currently, we don't have any cats. But here is one of my favorite cat photos. It's of the daddy cat and his babies. He was a proud poppa even eager to see his babies right after they were born. The mother was an independent, feminist sort...let daddy do all the babysitting. Ling would have nursed them if he'd had the equipment. The photo was taken with a Kodak instamatic...pre digital camera days, :lol:

Angelia
02-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Oh, that is just precious!! What a good daddy!!

Andrea
02-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks. She's my baby. A year ago last christmas (so 14 months or so ago) she swallowed the sewing needle I was using to make the beaded headdress that I'm wearing for my wedding in July, I had to get her to the vet for emergency surgery. That was the scariest time of my life.

Of course, I don't have children yet, so I'm sure that the scariest times are yet to come.

Yikes! Glad she's ok! I have a Peanut too...she's my avatar. Here's some of Jasmine, I never really single her out, so today is her day :heart:

Angelia
02-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Jasmine has lovely coloring, Andrea!! And how is it that they can remain cute even when they do bad things?! :heart:

aylaanne
02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Jasmine's adorable! What a beautiful cat!

Jenelle
02-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Everyone has beautiful cats!!! :inlove: :heart:

Andrea
02-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Since it's Jasmine's day, I'll post this too. I was going to put my freshly washed towels on this rack until I got there :rofling:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-21-2006, 12:13 AM
i love kitties!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-21-2006, 12:14 AM
and for those of you who didn't see it on the watcha knittin forum...

CateKnits
02-21-2006, 12:22 AM
I want a kitty. More specifically, I want Cheddar!

I decided that when I live somewhere that allows me to have a pet, I'm going to adopt a cat. I keep seeing signs at the pet stores saying they've been waiting for months because everyone wants kittens. It makes me sad. :(

Angelia
02-21-2006, 09:27 AM
That is sad :(

I'd adopt them all and have a kind of Hemingway house thing going. My dh says that I'm only a divorce away from being a crazy cat lady! :rofling:

Jan in CA
02-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I'd adopt them all and have a kind of Hemingway house thing going. My dh says that I'm only a divorce away from being a crazy cat lady! :rofling:

That is freaking hilarious!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

HeatherFeather
02-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Ok...here's some funny ones.....kids too...lol....:)

Rachel is reading to the ole lady cat Chessie.....
My 10 fell asleep on the couch, and apparently the dog too!!!

Angelia
02-21-2006, 11:51 AM

candicane
02-21-2006, 12:30 PM
George is a curious little cat.

bjc1050
02-21-2006, 12:48 PM
This was just too funny. When I started clipping my fingernails last night, my yorkie Peppper went outside at the sound of the clipping. Apparently, it was too cold out there. So he decided to hide behind pillows on the sofa. Wish I could have gotten a photo of him peeking over the pillow in front of him, but knew he would move if I got up to get my camera. He reminds me of a small child thinking he's hiding and can't be seen, :D

Yes, I knitted the sweater he's wearing.

HeatherFeather
02-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Cuteness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

CarmenIbanez
02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
OK, this is the 100 lb weimeraner "Kaiser" that my chihuahuas like to boss around. We were dog sitting this weekend and my son came home from a Bar Mitzvah and decided the dog should convert! We took this and sent it to Kaiser's mom and dad on their vacation!

Jenelle
02-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Here is one of our dogs and another one of our cats.

Ingrid
02-21-2006, 05:51 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Pet day at KH!! So cute!

Andrea
02-21-2006, 05:53 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Everyone is soooo cute!! And Angelia, this:
I'd adopt them all and have a kind of Hemingway house thing going. My dh says that I'm only a divorce away from being a crazy cat lady! is classic!! My husband feels the same way!! :roflhard:

Angelia
02-21-2006, 06:02 PM
:rofling: :rofling:

This scene can be interpreted quite differently if I live alone...

Andrea
02-21-2006, 07:14 PM
That pic is sooooo funny!! :roflhard:

bjc1050
02-21-2006, 07:21 PM
OK, this is the 100 lb weimeraner "Kaiser" that my chihuahuas like to boss around. We were dog sitting this weekend and my son came home from a Bar Mitzvah and decided the dog should convert! We took this and sent it to Kaiser's mom and dad on their vacation!

Love the way Weimaraner's eyes make them look almost human. :lol:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-21-2006, 10:03 PM
cate you may not have cheddar!!!!! but you can come visit him!!! He his the whole time KK was here though!

Ang, how many cats are *IN* that picture????? It looks like one big ball of fur!!!! :lol:

Angelia
02-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Five...I have five cats...and they only sit with me...obviously ;)

CateKnits
02-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Well, then, I'll steal Angelia's orange cat. I'm sure she won't notice one missing :oo: :roflhard: I love orange kitties. :heart:

igsr2cool
02-22-2006, 01:40 AM
This is my beloved Brandy

Angelia
02-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Well, then, I'll steal Angelia's orange cat. I'm sure she won't notice one missing :oo: :roflhard: I love orange kitties. :heart:

:shock:

You can't take my Sweetie!! And I don't have so many that I wouldn't notice...eventually... :shifty:

:rofling: :rofling:

Andrea
02-22-2006, 10:11 AM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

And Brandy is a doll!!! :heart: :inlove: :heart: Italian Greyhound??

sarabair
02-23-2006, 01:01 PM
ohmigod! that picture is sooo funny!!!! HEE-HEE-HEE!!!!

**Mod squad was here :thumbsup:

Andrea
02-27-2006, 04:19 PM
In the 3 years we've lived in our house, this is the first time Ursula has been entranced by our fire... :roflhard:

knit-a-holic
02-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I think he's about 2 1/2 yrs old now. My mom & I love him to death.

knit-a-holic
02-27-2006, 04:34 PM
I think he's about 2 1/2 yrs old now. My mom & I love him to death.

bjc1050
02-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Buster is so cute. Guess you can tell...I'm a yorkie fan.

knit-a-holic
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Beverly,
Your's is too cute!!! :heart: Did u knit his sweater? I've been wanting to knit Buster one, but don't know where to start. :??

--Sarah

bjc1050
02-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Yes, I did knit Pepper's sweater. I used the dog sweater pattern in the Leisure Arts leaflet, I Can't Believe I'm Knitting. It's still avalable at Michael's, I think or Joanne's. I know I saw it recently.

knit-a-holic
02-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks! :D

knit-a-holic
02-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Ok...here's some funny ones.....kids too...lol....:)

Rachel is reading to the ole lady cat Chessie.....
My 10 fell asleep on the couch, and apparently the dog too!!!

Those are the best! Love it! :heart: :roflhard:

sara_jayne
03-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Everyone's pets are so ADORABLE! I couldn't resist looking through all the posts. Then of course I had to share pictures of my two pets (well, I did exclude pictures of the DH!!). They are both little Jack Russell Terriers (or Jack Russell Terrors!).

I'll admit I'm envious of all the pet sweaters everyone has knitted. My DH won't let me put clothes on the pups.....even though they shiver in the cold Iowa winters. Although, I think if my pups had sweaters on they'd look as miserable as Howie did in this picture (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10140) and not because it was morning!!

Thanks for sharing all your pictures!

This is a picture of a picture frame (and a picture of the puppies) I had custom made as a Christmas present for my DH.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Puppies/100_1628.jpg
Sparky as a puppy.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Puppies/big.jpg

Skeeter when he was a puppy
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Puppies/100_1237.jpg

Edited to change location of photos in post

CarmenIbanez
03-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Cute, cute and more cute! I can't stand it. I love the "Fiiiiiiiire" picture!

bjc1050
03-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Sara Jayne, Skeeter is awfully cute. Love the movie, My Dog Skip...it's one of my favorites...a real tear jerker. Helps me when I need to have a good cry.

sara_jayne
03-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks! I've never seen My Dog Skip, but I'll add it to my list of movies to watch. I love my two little pups so much so I'm sure it will be a tear jerker for me too! Thanks for the suggestion! Aren't good cries needed every once in a while?

bjc1050
03-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks! I've never seen My Dog Skip, but I'll add it to my list of movies to watch. I love my two little pups so much so I'm sure it will be a tear jerker for me too! Thanks for the suggestion! Aren't good cries needed every once in a while?

YEP! Haven't had one in a long while...not since I thought I'd lost contact with my granddaughter permanently...cried for weeks. Couldn't cry when we had to have our dog Cindy put to sleep last year and she really was my baby...we experienced so much together...seizures, her being shot, being alone in the middle of the boondocks during big blizzard of the century back in '93 or '94, etc.

punkhippiemom
03-03-2006, 08:53 PM
:roflhard: We Only Look Innocent :rofling:
I have a theory that kids and puppies are so cute when they're young purely in the interests of self-preservation... so that you'll get too attached to just completely throttle them, even if they really deserve it... :rollseyes:

And of course, the good side of it is that both kids and pets get us through situations we wouldn't be able to handle on our own... :heart:

bjc1050
03-03-2006, 09:35 PM
BTW, Sara Jayne, My Dog Skip has a Jack Russell terrier as the star. Thought you'd like to know.

bjc1050
03-03-2006, 09:49 PM
:
I have a theory that kids and puppies are so cute when they're young purely in the interests of self-preservation... so that you'll get too attached to just completely throttle them, even if they really deserve it...

Being cute doesn't guarantee preservation. We adopted one of our puppie sfrom our vet. We were told that he had been abandoned in a vacant lot before his eye were even opened. Somebody was heartless enough to do such a terrible thing. Lucky for him, someone heard his cries and turned him in to our vet. The vet was going to put him to sleep because he was already sheltering too many dogs. Riley, the puppy turned out to be one of our best fur babies, but always had a certain insecure feeling.

sara_jayne
03-04-2006, 12:47 PM
phm -

I thought that statement "we only look sweet and innocent" was appropriate for them both. we adore our dogs BUT they do have their moments (like running around the house with a ball of yarn that is attached to my knitting), having their "who has bigger teeth?" competitions, and playing "puppy nascar" around the dining room table.

You are right though - they have helped us get through things we couldn't handle on our own!

bjc -

I'm looking forward to seeing my dog skip - we love all things jack russell!

ecb
03-04-2006, 05:51 PM
here is my Daughter with her version of my Fav Pet
I have 2, but NoPics

ecb

Andrea
03-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Now I think that is the first KH snake!! What is a "BP"? Is he friendly? Your daughter definitely looks happy :D

CateKnits
03-04-2006, 06:19 PM
That snake is gorgeous! :inlove:

Ingrid
03-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Now I think that is the first KH snake!! What is a "BP"? Is he friendly? Your daughter definitely looks happy :D

Great picture!!

Actually, Silver posted a picture of the snake she got for her son, and I believe Carmell (koolbreeze) has a snake, too.

BP=Burmese Python?? Am I right? Too much Animal Planet in my life? :rofling:

Andrea
03-04-2006, 06:32 PM

Great picture!!

Actually, Silver posted a picture of the snake she got for her son, and I believe Carmell (koolbreeze) has a snake, too.

BP=Burmese Python?? Am I right? Too much Animal Planet in my life? :rofling:

:doh: Guess I haven't read this thread from the beginning! And I bet you're right about the BP! :thumbsup:

bjc1050
03-04-2006, 08:14 PM
The snake owners can knit long tube socks for them. Would like to see photos of them all snuggled in their sweaters. :lol: Get out the DPNs.

ecb
03-04-2006, 09:50 PM
actually I might just knit a Shed assist sweater for them
cheap acrylic, wet it down, have the snake go through but have a Ribbed edge at the end

Sounds like a plan

Wanna hear how great a Ball Python (BP) can be as a pet?

the same daughter got told off by a little girl she used to be BEST friends with, this girl said MANY horrible and mostly untrue things, and was VERy successful at hurting my DD feelings
I gave her a few min to be alone, and went to talk to her and found her cuddling her most precious Smo'ore to console herself
made sense to me, but the Image was PRICELESS (young blonde girl crying into her Snakes coils)
she got over it BTW and is now a Knitter in her own right
she made a pattern to make a Halter top for herself

I am VERY proud of her (frequently)
I have 2 other wonderful daughters too

ecb

KnuttyKnitter
03-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Amy, I love your kitty!!! Mine does the same thing. Sahe likes to sleep flat of her back, too. :roflhard: I will post some pictures of my puppy dogs as soon as I get my dang camera. :??

:angelgrin:

bjc1050
03-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Another pet. Our black capped conure, Poncho

knitwit2
03-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Julie, My son is allergic to furry animals also. He breaks out with hives and his eyes become swollen whenever he touchs other types of furry animals. We have a Bichon Frise because of this. They are called a "hypo-allergenic" dog. Bichon's have hair instead of fur and they don't shed. They are also have no dander. We love our Nash so much!!! They have the cutest personalities! :D

bjc1050
03-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Yorkies are also hypo-allergenic. They have "hair" instead of fur. Our 1st yorkie even sweated in extra hot weather.

bjc1050
03-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Nash is cute...looks sooo SOFT!

ekgheiy
03-25-2006, 12:45 PM
*bump

Check out my guys together... (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141187#141187)

I totally had to tip-toe to get the camera because it was sitting on table right next to them. I was like ... please don't move, please don't move ... I gotta get this pic, I gotta get this pic!!! :pray:

They didn't move!!! :cheering: :cheering:

VictoiseC
03-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh WOW have I been missing out! I can't believe I haven't seen all these gorgeous pix! Poncho is so neat!!!!! Does he talk?

I think I'm in love with Brandy :shock: I don't know why but...

hmmmm. So many cute pups here!!! (snakes totally freak me out though, so uh, I won't go there again)

Here's my babies, one of whom is snoring right now (the one with the BIG BIG BIG tummy)

bjc1050
03-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Victoise, No Poncho doesn't talk. He is good at mimicing our neighbors squeaky lawn tractor, :lol: and he really responds to "Let Freedom Ring"....think he WANTS to sing it if he could.

Toise is so beautiful. We had a cat very much like him at one time.

beckyrhae
03-25-2006, 08:39 PM
I looked for this thread before I posted my furkids on the YOU thread... but now that it has resurfaced, I thought I'd post again.

I have Boston Terriers, Bonnie and Crash. I also have a kitty named Jester.

Vendie
03-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Vic, your cats are so indecent :shock: :roflhard: They're so cute! I just want to smooch their fluffy bellies. Becky, your Bostons are too cute! I love Bostons, one of the few smaller dogs I think I would get. Jester is beautiful - gorgeous colors.

knitstress_tygher
03-26-2006, 10:08 AM
I only have the one kitty, but she's more than enough for one person, I tell you. I should have known when we were leaving the adoption place to 'think about it' and I asked my DH 'But we can't leave Isis?' that we were going to have a high-maintenance cat on our hands. She named herself after a Goddess, after all.

DotMom61
03-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Argh! I stopped getting notified for this thread, and LOOK at all the wonderful pet pics I've missed out on! There's no way I can catch up on all of them. :(

For all of you w/ the hypoallergenic dogs ... I wish I could say, "Oh, terrific! That will work for us," but even w/ the supposedly h.a. pooches, my brother-in-law has asthma attacks. Heck ... he doesn't even have to be in the same HOUSE as the pooch. He just has to be near someone who has dog hair/fur on their clothing.

My other brother-in-law and his family recently got a little Yorkie puppy, and when they came to visit the allergic brother-in-law, he started wheezing. Of course, he didn't tell them because he didn't want to hurt their feelings.

So, I guess we'll just stick w/ our feathered friend for now. Speaking of which, here's a recent picture of Maggie after DD gave her a bath. She's all wrapped up to keep warm. :rollseyes:

http://static.flickr.com/42/115608154_309d562177.jpg

Oddly, she didn't seem to mind this at all & wanted to keep the paper towel afterwards. She loves to make spit wads out of them.

ekgheiy
03-26-2006, 12:11 PM
AAwww... Maggie and Isis are such dolls!! :inlove:

VictoiseC
03-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Wow that Isis looks high-maintenance! CUTE Crash.... he needs some bagpipe accompaniment! Funny I didn't know you washed a bird!

Yup, my cats ARE INDECENT! (Well Sexy is more like it)

I love these pictures!

knitstress_tygher
03-26-2006, 03:27 PM
She is. She tells us when she wants something too .. we just have to figure out what it is she wants. Like today, she apparently was cold, and wanted her heating pad turned on. (Yes .. my cat owns the heating pad in this house .. I only borrow it once a month.) I think I should make her a felted kitty bed.

Friskums
03-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Yes .. my cat owns the heating pad in this house .. I only borrow it once a month.

:rofling: That's hilarious. :roflhard:

Shandeh
03-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Funny thing how the rules for photo sizes are tossed to the wind when it comes to posting pet photos!

I'm allergic to every pet known to man. I can't be around cats at all. I can be with dogs for a short time before my wheezing kicks in. I used to be able to keep hamsters, but developed an allergy to them over time. Same thing happened with my guinea pig, Jelly Bean.

Then, I decided to try keeping finches. They were such pretty birds, and I loved to hear them sing every morning. But once again...the wheezing kicked in.

So....I have to settle for fish now. You can't cuddle with them at all, so that's a bummer. But my fish does put on quite a show every morning when I toss in the fish food!

His name is Miles Davis, because he's blue. (I'm a musician, so I had to give him an appropriate name, you know.)
8-)

Jan in CA
03-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Awwww everyone has beautiful pets! Except that snake...{{shiver}} ~stay away from page 71~ :shock: It is a good pic of her with it though!

I suggest you cut the handles on the plastic bags everyone.. my cat got her head stuck in one..thank god we were home! :shock:

DragonTush
03-26-2006, 07:37 PM
I have a dog and a cat. Sherman and Cosmo. I'm thinking of getting another kitten though. I don't know why except that I just like kittens :heart:

DragonTush
03-26-2006, 07:50 PM
I've had to do the same for my Cosmo, Jan in CA. Scary for the poor thing....his tail was the size of a bat it was so poofed out.

knitstress_tygher
03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Oh! That dane is SO handsome!

ekgheiy
03-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I agree!! Sherman is quite a handsome young man! :)

DragonTush
03-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks ladies. He is a real sweety but isn't so young anymore. He is seven and has a grey face now. Unfortunately danes have short lifespans...he is pretty healthy still though so I know he will have a few years yet.

ekgheiy
03-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks ladies. He is a real sweety but isn't so young anymore. He is seven and has a grey face now. Unfortunately danes have short lifespans...he is pretty healthy still though so I know he will have a few years yet. So he's a *refined* gentleman ... he's still just as handsome ;)

Ingrid
04-15-2006, 08:44 PM
We, much to my surprise, have a new member of the family. Meet Sally, our 3-month-old beagle.

Danielle
04-15-2006, 09:08 PM
How adorable! :heart:

beckyrhae
04-15-2006, 09:41 PM
We, much to my surprise, have a new member of the family. Meet Sally, our 3-month-old beagle.

Sally is a cutie! Your son looks very pleased with her joining the family.

Ingrid
04-15-2006, 09:46 PM

Sally is a cutie! Your son looks very pleased with her joining the family.

That's my grandson, Ryan, and yes, he and his older brother are enormously, overwhelmingly, thrilled and excited.

Andrea
04-16-2006, 02:48 AM
I :heart: Sally!! I'll have to catch up in your blog! I am loving beagles ever since I had that one that I told a story about it my blog (the one that got hit :( ). Now tonight I had to go let out the stray beagle that got picked up in our town. He's waiting for animal control. I love him! I was thinking that if we got another puppy I thought a Beagle would be fun and I was wondering what a puppy would look like and I come here and see the picture!! (Nice run on sentence!)

I also love Sherman! What a doll! I love Danes!

Indygirl
04-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Oh how cute :inlove: Sally almost looks human out of the eyes. I love beagles. I had one, she was inside the fence in back someone took her.
Enjoy, enjoy :heart:

bjc1050
04-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Sally looks so serious for a puppy. I was struck that her expression is much the same as your previous sheep avatar. Coincedence? Love beagles. My folks had a beagle/basset mix while I was growing up. She let me dress her in doll clothes and ride her in my doll carriage...very laid back.

Sherman IS handsome!

Big or small, I love them all.

Ingrid
04-16-2006, 09:27 AM
She's still bit of a wild and crazy girl, so it's good to know she'll calm down. ;)

Ronda
04-16-2006, 03:37 PM
I :heart: Sally!!! What a cutie!

Jan in CA
04-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Shermy is a cute! My next door neighbors have TWO great danes! :shock: They are nice dogs, but good god...we have dinky yards and they never take these guys for walks. In fact they keep them in the house a LOT especially when they are gone. I just don't want to even think about what they leave while staying in the house for 24 hours. :shifty:

dustinac
04-16-2006, 09:21 PM
DragonTush~ I have a cat named Cozmo lol we spell it with a 'z' and I have a dog (shih-tzu) named Sherman but we call him Shermeeee I tend to hold the eeee part out for a bit :thumbsup: yours are to cute!!!!!!

Ingrid awwwwwwwwwwwwww awwww thats all I can say... awwwww how cute!! love puppies :D

Jan in CA
04-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Geesh..I thought I'd never find this thread. :roflhard:

Just a picture of my cat, Marshmallow, watching birds out the window. She's a Ragdoll if anyone is wondering.

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/65415294-M.jpg

suziehomemaker
04-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Marshmellow is beautiful! I'm so glad you're reviving this thread!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

bjc1050
04-20-2006, 03:48 PM
What a gorgeous cat!

Jan in CA
04-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks bjc and Suzie! Marshmallow is pretty and the fur is soooo soft! I'm thinking of getting one of those Furminators (http://www.furminator.com/testbed/indexnew.html) so I can comb more fur out of her and maybe get someone to spin it for me. :roflhard:

momwolf
04-20-2006, 06:03 PM
I have one of these combs and it works WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!! I got mine off QVC last year.It works on both long hair and short hair. Your cat will love it.
http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/6.gif

Your cat is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan in CA
04-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I have one of these combs and it works WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!! I got mine off QVC last year.It works on both long hair and short hair. Your cat will love it.
http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/6.gif

Your cat is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! And I'm glad to hear it works well! I hate to spend that much money and not know. :cheering:

Anya
04-20-2006, 11:22 PM
My baby

http://www.juliabutler.com/AVITAR/grendel/yawn.jpg

Andrea
04-21-2006, 04:13 AM
:thinking:

Separated at birth?? :roflhard:
http://www.bunny.idv.tw/disney/stitch/stitch01.gif

orcoastknitter
04-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I have four furbabies in my family. Three cats and one dog. Here they are:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-21-2006, 05:38 PM
:inlove: Anya!!! :inlove:

beckyrhae
04-21-2006, 08:18 PM
My daughter took this picture of her cat the other day... she was once my cat, but then I brought the dogs home and she disowned me. :roflhard:

Jester Ann...

Jan in CA
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Everybody has pretty kitties and doggies! :roflhard:

Rhyannon1970
04-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey, didn't notice this page before..Hooray, I get to show off my other children..hehe. Have one daughter, two dogs & husband..so i guess that makes four kids all together...right :thumbsup:

Rhy

ps>>>they are my :heart:

dustinac
04-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Shermee's new do... Poor Shermee it was time for a hair cut he looks like a totally different dog with his hair cut and she found a tick on him :shock: she said every dog she has cut this spring has ticks if they are on the pill or not... I guess where we had a mild winter.. I know we have found them on us after being outside so I started using a repellent on the kids that avon puts out but still search them when they get in... anyways normally he only gets it this short once by fall its shaggy but not long.. however this year I think he will have this look for awhile so I can make sure no ticks are hidden in the fur...

bjc1050
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Pup dogs are sweet looking. Shermee so cute. Ticks have been found on our dogs already, too. Hope to get our yorkie clipped after he gets his rabies shot next month.

Hepsibah
04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
I keep hens, ducks and geese. These are our newest ones, two goslings.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Hepsibah/Goose1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Hepsibah/goose3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Hepsibah/goose2.jpg

Ellen Edwards
04-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Oh my!! Ingrid--I LOVE Sally--she's SO cute, and so is her boy!! My son and his family lost their Beagle last year and we all mourned. They're moving from Alabama back here to Virginia, and I don't know what they'll do about leaving his little grave!! They have a stone and everything.....

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-24-2006, 10:47 PM
ooo gooslings!!!! Very cute!

Ingrid
04-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh my!! Ingrid--I LOVE Sally--she's SO cute, and so is her boy!! My son and his family lost their Beagle last year and we all mourned. They're moving from Alabama back here to Virginia, and I don't know what they'll do about leaving his little grave!! They have a stone and everything.....

Aaw, that's kind of sad. My daughter and the boys are becoming very attached with is great--no resentment about having to take care of her. Me, on the other hand, :rollseyes:

Andrea
04-25-2006, 04:39 AM
I keep hens, ducks and geese. These are our newest ones, two goslings.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Hepsibah/Goose1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Hepsibah/goose3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Hepsibah/goose2.jpg

I would give ANYTHING to have ducks or geese, but DH says no :verysad:

And Shermee :heart: How handsome in his new cut!!

wends
04-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Everyone's pets are SO cute!! I think we have the best pets ever.

Well, I have to show off my beautiful kitty that I love more than anything on God's green earth. His name is River and he'll be 10 tomorrow.

This is him after surgery last month. The dark part on his belly is where it scabbed over due to his incessant licking. Bad kitty! He's okay now though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/divinemango/DSCN0457.jpg

Here he is pre-surgery. Look at that tummy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/divinemango/DSCN0035.jpg

aylaanne
04-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Got this pic of my kitty. I love it when she's cute like this.

Jan in CA
04-30-2006, 02:42 AM
Awww what cute kitty pics! My kitty likes to get under the covers and curl up next to me, too. :cheering:

Andrea
04-30-2006, 05:00 AM
Cute! And her name is Peanut, just like my doggy! :D

Angelia
04-30-2006, 08:02 AM

So much cuteness on this page!!!

Keep the pet photos coming, everyone ;)

aylaanne
04-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Because there's another pet-with-a-belly-scar photo on this page, I thought I'd post the pic of peanut's wound after she decided to EAT A SEWING NEEDLE last year and I had to have it surgically removed:

http://www.people.umass.edu/ascostel/peanut/peanutstretch.jpg
Little pain in the butt. Less than a week later, she ATE TWO OF HER STITCHES!!!:
http://www.people.umass.edu/ascostel/peanut/peanuteatstitches.jpg
So, then she needed a cone on her head:
http://www.people.umass.edu/ascostel/peanut/conehead2.jpg
She would not let anyone look at her with that thing on her head. And she got stuck under the bed once. That was funny.

Ellen Edwards
04-30-2006, 10:24 PM
OH!!! I LOVE the yummy kitties!! I've always loved them more than any other animal!! I know they're imperious animals who will ignore you until you're knitting and then want to get into your lap--but I love love love them! I've never seen a cat or dog I didn't like though--and usually, they seem to like me back. :heart:

Skater
04-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Our kitty:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/Wendy_the_Pooh/9a3ba550.jpg

Is it a kitty, or a round pillow? You decide.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/Wendy_the_Pooh/144f8c12.jpg

Jan in CA
04-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Ayla! A sewing needle?! :shock: I"m glad she's okay. She's a cute kitty!

aylaanne
04-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Ayla! A sewing needle?! :shock: I"m glad she's okay. She's a cute kitty!
Yes, a sewing needle. I was working on a beading project (the headdress for my wedding) and I cut the thread and put it aside. I turned around, turned back, and there was peanut, licking her lips, while the needle and thread were NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. I, of course, panicked. She couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I took her to the vet and got an xray, and there was the sewing needle! bright as day in her stomach. The vet did surgery to remove it the next day. A week later, you couldn't even tell.

In retrospect, it's hilarious, but at the time, I was scared to death that I was going to lose my baby. She's only 5 next month.

@skater--it's a round pillow. :lol:

Andrea
05-01-2006, 04:41 AM
Ayla, what a bad Peanut!!! I can't believe that! I love your pictorial with the cone pictures... :heart:

Skater...love the pillow! I have a couple in different colors ;)

Gina
05-01-2006, 05:30 AM
My cat's name is Mickey Mouse ;) Can you guess why?

Angelia
05-01-2006, 09:29 AM
:inlove: :inlove:

Jan in CA
05-01-2006, 10:02 AM
:inlove: Mickey Mouse is so cute! Love his mouse ears! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Andrea
05-01-2006, 10:38 AM
How soon can you ship Mickey Mouse to me!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

aylaanne
05-01-2006, 11:16 AM
I want one!

DotMom61
05-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Well, it's been forever since I was in this thread. Mainly cause I lost my notifications for it. :(

But this morning I have a cheesy photo to share. This is our weird green anole hanging upside down from the top of her aquarium by her back feet. I've never seen her do this before. I'm not quite sure what was on her mind. :??

http://static.flickr.com/48/138327010_d04e371e98_o.jpg

DotMom61
05-01-2006, 11:20 AM
My cat's name is Mickey Mouse ;) Can you guess why?

And OMGosh!!! Gina, that is so weird!! What a beautiful kitty, too. Wish we could have one.

Angelia
05-01-2006, 11:23 AM
DM, that anole is adorable! As for what she's doing, she's....um....getting a new persepctive on the world around her? :?? Whatever it is, she looks cute doing it! ;)

Skater
05-01-2006, 11:24 AM
DotMom...it's the anole yoga backstretch, maybe?

DotMom61
05-01-2006, 12:00 PM
It was weird, 'cause she was hanging there like that for about 5 minutes with her little "hands" folded on her tummy like that. It was quite bizarre.

Andrea
05-02-2006, 02:57 AM
Julie, I love him!! :inlove:

dustinac
05-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Everyone has such cute pets :cheering:

Julie I showed my son yours and he said ohh mommy could we have one??? :lol:

photogirl72
05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
I couldn't help it. I have to share my photo of Asahm Hazim (Little Man).

Ellen Edwards
05-02-2006, 11:38 PM
I LOVE Little Man!! He's lovely!!

Here's my little munchin, Scraps!

momwolf
05-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Beautiful!!!!!!!I want one but DH says we can't afford one.He's right but want one anywayhttp://bestsmileys.com/horses1/25.gif

aylaanne
05-02-2006, 11:49 PM
awwww!

photogirl72
05-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Beautiful!!!!!!!I want one but DH says we can't afford one.He's right but want one anywayhttp://bestsmileys.com/horses1/25.gif

There is nothing wrong with wanting a horse, but they are expensive to own. There is a saying that is very true. "The cheap part is buying the horse." Its not the buying that gets you, it is the feed, housing, and VET bills that get you.

Earlier this year Asahm got a screw stuck in his hoof, that was a $2,000.00 bill. He was one milimeter from having to be put down.

Anyway, don't get a horse, ride other people's horses. ;)

Andrea
05-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Little Man is beautiful!! :inlove:

Angelia
05-03-2006, 06:32 AM
:inlove: :inlove: Asahm Hazim!!

:inlove: :inlove: Scraps!

dustinac
05-03-2006, 08:52 AM
:inlove: beautiful horse and kitty cat!!!

I have always wanted a horse.. but its just not possible right now.. whenever the lottery gets real high dh asks should we play?? if we win I could buy you that dream farm house with the horse... :rofling:

Angelia
05-03-2006, 02:24 PM
And a few sheep and some alpaca... :inlove: :inlove:

jlloyd
05-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Lady decided one night that she wanted to knit too. LOL

CateKnits
05-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Anyway, don't get a horse, ride other people's horses. ;)

Yeah! Do that! It's amazing!

DotMom61
05-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Ooooohhhhhhh ... I've always wanted a horse, too. Now DD has caught my fever ... I'm not *even* going to show her Little Man's picture. He is just TOO much!! Those eyes!

Scraps is just so purty, too!!! If only I could have a house full of furry animals ...

achoo!!!

... better not. :(

I posted this in my blog thread, but I thought you all would enjoy it, too. Caught this guy w/ his hand in the cookie jar. :lol:

http://static.flickr.com/46/140538097_3e626fee2c_o.jpg

bjc1050
05-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Asahm has such a sweet expression. Wish I had been raised around horses instead of chickens. I wouldn't be so intimidated by them. They're probably not as mean as chickens can be. :lol:

Ellen Edwards
05-08-2006, 01:03 PM
This is my lkittle sweet cat--except it's more what he looks like EVERYDAY!! Like the song
"HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW????"

He's such a monster! :inlove:

Angelia
05-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh, I love the sleepy-lovey-eyes!! :inlove: :inlove:

rebecca
05-08-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't think I put all of my pet photos on here...way back @ the beginning of the thread; so, I will add a few that I took today. Moshi, our huge white cat was striking a pose, so I had to snap a pic & I, once again, tried to catch some pics of Sally playing ball :D

Angelia
05-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I love Sally!!! And I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Moshi--beautiful!! :inlove: :inlove:

rebecca
05-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I love Sally!!! And I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Moshi--beautiful!! :inlove: :inlove:
Sally is too much of a sweetie :D
Thanks, Moshi is the most laid back cat ever! He loves to take a bath :shock: Can u believe?! He used to jump in the tub with our daughter :D When I gave the cats a bath last week he just calmly stood in the tub of warm water as I scratched his BACK & bathed him (I'm so thankful bc he's HUGE!!)...now our other cat, doesn't like the bath, like most normal cats ;)

Angelia
05-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Wow, none of ours do the bath thing well at all! Oh, the howling...and the scratches! :shock: We do have one we can vacuum, though, so that's pretty cool! :thumbsup:

DotMom61
05-08-2006, 07:20 PM
the cats a bath last week he just calmly stood in the tub of warm water as I scratched his bag & bathed him

BECKA!!! :shock:

Danielle
05-08-2006, 07:23 PM
the cats a bath last week he just calmly stood in the tub of warm water as I scratched his bag & bathed him

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

mulene
05-08-2006, 07:27 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: naughty becca!

Angelia
05-08-2006, 08:16 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

No wonder he likes the bath!

jdee
05-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Stereotypical knitters... a bunch of cats and small, fluffy dogs. Where are all the Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds?

I bet we all wear our hair in buns too.

This post makes my laugh so much. Not only do I have 4 indoor only cats, but I've also aquired 6 strays, who have become indoor/outdoor cats. (I have a soft spot for the homeless and cast offs) I also feed, and am in the process of having spayed/neutered, the ferals who frequent my yard.

Sorry, I got a little off subject. The reason this quote makes me laugh, is because there have been many times during my knitting, that I'll look up to find several cats curled up around me. Talk about the stereotypical knitter. Here I am surrounded by cats as I knit....and yes, I have my hair in a bun. :roflhard:

secretstasher
05-14-2006, 04:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/lalamunch/easteregg.jpg These are some of my ferrets at Easter They could smell the easter bunny lol.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/lalamunch/brrrrrrr.jpg
this is mango in his home made hammock he was rather tired

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/lalamunch/daisy2.jpg this is Daisy and Clyde asleep in the garden. they love each other so much.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/lalamunch/anman2.jpg My cat Raggy and the kid next door
I love this thread xxxx Sian xxx

melinphx
05-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Here's my Buddy. He usually has to drape himself over my shoulder and poke holes in my t-shirts with his little needle-tipped claws (he takes up so much room that there is no way I can knit while he's hugging me, but he doesn't normally stay for long at a time).

Jan in CA
05-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Ohhhh Melinphx! :inlove: That kitty is gorgeous! I had a black kitty once, too.

Love those crazy ferrets, too!

Andrea
05-15-2006, 04:51 AM
:inlove: Buddy :inlove: His fur is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
I love the ferrets too! :inlove:

Angelia
05-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Oooh, ferrets!! They're so adorable! :inlove: :inlove:

And that Buddy--he's gorgeous! He also looks like my black cat Mina, though he's the thin version...;)

Katheros
05-15-2006, 12:00 PM
ooh I love ferrets! Sadly, my ferrets have all departed this world. :(

I would like to point out that I do not have a small dog, she is a lab mix!

Angelia
05-15-2006, 03:59 PM

I had a black lab named Maggie!! Love the tongue sticking out... :rofling:

feministmama
05-16-2006, 11:52 AM
So, doesn't the cat try to chase the ferrets?

rebecca
05-16-2006, 11:58 AM

OMGOSH :blush: :oops: :roflhard: :rofling: I just saw that :blush: :oops: I meant BACK...I SCRATCHED HIS BACK HONESTLY....HIS BACK
OMGoodness, I'm sitting here howling with laughter scaring all my pets to death. That's hilarious and very EMBARRASSING :oops: :blush:

secretstasher
05-16-2006, 12:02 PM
No I keep them seperate. I tried to intergrate them but the ferrets were nipping at him and the cat got upset. Once we went out and one ferret escaped from their cage we came back to find a fuming cat on top of the television and a ferret asleep beneath the television.
when they decide to escape they follow the cat and the cat runs to us telepathically telling us one of the ferrets has escaped.
take care all Sian xx

secretstasher
05-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Hahaha imagine scratching his bag lolol hehehehe

WynnieG
05-16-2006, 12:10 PM

That may be why she no longer has ferrets. :shock:

Katheros
05-16-2006, 12:23 PM

That may be why she no longer has ferrets. :shock:

:lol: No, that's why I no longer have birds!! :rofling:

I've always had ferrets and cats, and the ferrets have always chased the cats! Ferrets are, by nature, completely fearless. They have all their "oh it's bigger than me, could eat me, maybe I should stay away" has been breed out of them because they've been domesticated for so long. Ferrets nowadays just want to play with anyone and anything they can, including cats , dogs, babies, ankles, socks, balls of yarn... whatever they can get to!

Friskums
05-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Ok, so these aren't my pets, but these two pics crack me up each and every time I see them.

The "spy" pic is now my current desktop. :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

DianaM
05-31-2006, 01:28 AM
:thinking: It would be nearly impossible for me to pick out a pic of my fluffball from hell.......I have lil' over a hundred of them...... :??
She's the kind of cat that just.....poses.
So there ya go :lol:
http://www.inzomne.com/gallery/flea

Edit: Ah yes.....there is some light swearing in some of the picture's descriptions, so if you're showing any of these to children....just, keep an eye out for 'em.

Ronda
05-31-2006, 08:35 AM

OMGOSH :blush: :oops: :roflhard: :rofling: I just saw that :blush: :oops: I meant BACK...I SCRATCHED HIS BACK HONESTLY....HIS BACK
OMGoodness, I'm sitting here howling with laughter scaring all my pets to death. That's hilarious and very EMBARRASSING :oops: :blush:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

feministmama
05-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Edit: Ah yes.....there is some light swearing in some of the picture's descriptions, so if you're showing any of these to children....just, keep an eye out for 'em.

Well if the kids aren't looking then it's actually pretty funny :lol: Flea is a beeyoooootiful kitty :heart:

Angelia
06-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Ok, so these aren't my pets, but these two pics crack me up each and every time I see them.

The "spy" pic is now my current desktop. :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

I love those! :roflhard: :roflhard:

horve1
06-07-2006, 06:46 PM
I guess I'm late on this, but was hoping I could find pictures of our cats - Taz (as in Tazmanian Devil) and Tiger (as in Daniel Striped Tiger) to go with Layla (as in the song) and Houdini (as in he literally chewed out of the box we were bringing him home in!). And ok, they're not pets, but the last I just think is too cool - a hummingbird (hope you can see it) and a wild turkey in the same picture.

Angelia
06-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Layla is beautiful! :inlove: (great song, too!)

Houdini--such a cutie! And what a great naming story! :roflhard: :roflhard:

I don't think I've ever seen a hummingbird and a wild turkey in the same proximity! :shock: Cool!

dustinac
06-08-2006, 10:27 AM
:inlove: all the photos!!! everyone has such pretty furbabies!!

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :shock: at Becka and her bag!!! :lol:

luvs2laff75
06-08-2006, 11:34 AM
This is my puppy!! No matter how bad he is, it's impossible not to forgive his sweet little face :heart: :heart: :heart:

sara_jayne
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
:inlove: Ahhhhh I LOVE that puppy face!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

Mama Bear
06-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Well... I don't have any pets unless we can count these furry things that have wandered across our lawn this week. 5 grouse chicks and their mama

http://pinkdandelion.com/images/grouse1.jpg

A bear (and we have heard that a mama bear and cubs were hanging out on our lawn while we were out of town)

http://www.pinkdandelion.com/images/realbear.jpg

as well as hummingbirds and more... The photos are from my daughter's blog.

http://www.pinkdandelion.com/images/sum_humbrd.jpg

We had huskies for years. Our last one died 3 years ago, after a long happy life. He was 13.

We do have 3 cats - snowcats that is. I don't think they count. They don't even have fur.

http://www.beartoes.com/gallery2/d/394-2/cat.jpg

Mama Bear

Born on 4 of 7
06-08-2006, 01:38 PM
I love the ferrets. I had 13 at one time but 2 pasted away and 9 found other homes when I had to move. I now have two Apple and Percy. They are so entertaining. Mine were raised with cats so they play together.

Angelia
06-08-2006, 06:47 PM
13 ferrets?! Wow!

That Brady is just adorable--I couldn't stay angry with him either! :inlove:

Um, where do you live that bears get that close to your house and that you need so many snowcats?! :shock: Alaska? That photo of the hummingbird is beautiful--they're tricky to shoot! I've never gotten a pic of one that wasn't just a blur. :( Love the grouse chick photo, too! So tiny and fuzzy! :inlove:

Mama Bear
06-10-2006, 09:43 PM
We have a new "pet". There is a Western Tanager that has adopted my daughter :roflhard: He's been trying to get into her window for two days straight now! He will peck at it, sit on her sill and try and work his way in. Very determined! She got some great photos (http://www.pinkdandelion.com) She informed me that he came back at 5am this morning to start his break in attempt anew.

Angelia, Well.. he needs three snowcats about as much as I need three snowcats full of yarn! (The deal is supposed to be that each snowcat he buys I can get enough yarn to fill it!). One of the snowcats is a restoration project. When my husband bought his first snowcat I hadn't thought about the fact that if one has a snowcat, they actually need TWO snowcats, or a friend with a snowcat if you plan to go out in the woods because no tow truck is going to come up in the woods if ONE breaks down! You need the second snowcat to bring everyone home and return with parts or a tow.

Mama Bear

Angelia
06-10-2006, 09:56 PM
OMG, the Bob story is hilarious! :roflhard: :roflhard: And he's beautiful! :inlove:

So, let's see: #1 Snowcat to perform snowcat duties; #2 Snowcat to rescue aforementioned snowcat should the need arise; #3 vying for #1 or #2 positon, but in need of repair? ;)

How close are you to filling the three snowcats with yarn?

ekgheiy
06-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Here's my guy after his surgery ...

Andrea
06-21-2006, 09:21 AM
:lol: Ohhhh poor kitty!! He looks SKKKEEEEEEEEEERY in the last couple!! :shock:

Ingrid
06-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Now that is an indignant cat!

Andrea
06-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Jasmine!! :heart:

Jan in CA
06-21-2006, 01:01 PM
That tanager is gorgeous! I'd love to see a real one!

My poor kitty hates those stupid collars, too!

Andrea, Jazzy looks adorable!

Sara
06-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Smokey looks well and truly pissed! :roflhard: He has beautiful eyes. :inlove:

Claire06
06-21-2006, 11:37 PM
I've resisted long enough! Here is our pride and joy Tala. She's just over 1 now, but in her first year of life managed to break a leg, catch the flu, lacerate her back paw twice, and get an abcessed tail! So she knows all about those big collars! But as I tell everyone, she's not naughty, she just makes bad decisions :shock:

SimplyKaar
06-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Just as I was about to take a picture because it was one of those rare occasions that they both sat close enough for one picture and they both sat all pretty with their tail tucked around there feet and such, they decided it was time to start another playfight...

Guess who started this time? :)

snephenie
06-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Well she hasn't been my kitty for about 8 years. My old college roomate and I shared her and well I moved so she got custody. :(

She is beautiful though.

Angelia
06-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Oooh, lovely kitties, everyone!! :inlove: :inlove:

And that includes the very surly Smokey! :heart:

mornnen
06-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Here are pictures of my pet children--Vinny and Thelma Louise. Thelma is the grey cat, Vinny the Siamese. The picture of the two of them sitting quietly together in the window was a rare moment of peace and quiet. :shock: ;)

Angelia
06-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh my, they are stunningly beautiful cats! Their coats are gorgeous! :inlove: :inlove:

Andrea
06-22-2006, 03:30 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

DotMom61
07-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Oh, every time I come in here & sees the kitties and puppies, I want some. :verysad: Darn allergies.

SabrinaJL
07-11-2006, 01:10 AM
My daughter was tormenting Smokey and like the responsible pet owner that I am, instead of saving him, I grabbed my camera. Cause I'm like that. :roflhard:

DotMom61
07-11-2006, 01:14 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

That's hilarious ... someone needs to tell him that he *could* get up and MOVE!

SabrinaJL
07-11-2006, 01:16 AM
And I can't leave Stripes out. He doesn't like me being on the computer because I ignore him. He actually figured out that unplugging my computer gets my attention REAL fast. At first I thought he was doing it on accident until one day I heard a scratching sound from under the desk. I peeked under and saw him with his claws wrapped around the plug where it goes into the wall socket. He was using his back legs as leverage to push against the wall and pull the plug out. I used to have a picture of him doing it until my computer crashed and I lost everything. :(

SabrinaJL
07-11-2006, 01:18 AM

Umm, yeah, if you put anything on EITHER of their heads (even a piece of yarn), they act like you've put a 50lb weight on them. Not sure why. :??

DotMom61
07-11-2006, 01:22 AM
:shock: Stripes is one smart kitty, Sabrina!!! That's just a tad bit scary!

Jan in CA
07-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Did I post this already? :thinking: My daughter's new kitten. Her name is Martini.

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/77909802-M.jpg

mornnen
07-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Oh, Martini is just too cute. What a sweetie! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Julie

sara_jayne
07-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Smokey and Stripes are beautiful - that picture with the helmet is great! :rofling:

Martini is so precious, Jan! Her eyes are wonderful!

dustinac
07-11-2006, 09:26 AM
:inlove: love all the furbabies!!!

We had to put Esmeralda down (few pgs back you can see her) after just having her for a week.. we adopted her from the shelter but she was to sick to save :crying: ... she was so pretty... I took her to the vet and came home with nothing so hard to explain to my 5yr old... so mom told him he could have one of her kittens.. We got him back in March and he is the best little cat... His name is Gideon Gus and although he is HUGE he won't be a year old till the end of Nov. the vet said he is going to be a very very large cat... we got him fixed this past trip in and everything went okey dokey just gotta watch his weight now they are afraid he will really pack on the pounds... anyways here is our furbaby that has took our hearts...

sara_jayne
07-11-2006, 09:27 AM
:inlove: He is purrrrty!!! I love his coloring! He looks like a great snuggle cat!

Andrea
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM

Umm, yeah, if you put anything on EITHER of their heads (even a piece of yarn), they act like you've put a 50lb weight on them. Not sure why. :??

You HAVE to send that photo to stuffonmycat.com!!! :roflhard:

Littleredhen
07-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Bessie is a confused Golden Retriever :D She enjoyed playing mommy to our baby chicks.

dustinac
07-11-2006, 09:52 AM
:inlove: He is purrrrty!!! I love his coloring! He looks like a great snuggle cat!

Thank you he is a sweetie and so soft.. I love his tail its so much longer than him it is normally flopped over and laying on his back as he walks around :lol: and his sides have spots and stripes in a darker gray... he loves to snuggle.. usually if my son sits down Gideon is on his lap finding a comfy spot to nap :heart:

sara_jayne
07-11-2006, 09:55 AM
:inlove: Bessie with the chicks - that is such a sweet pup! :inlove:

Littleredhen
07-11-2006, 09:57 AM
:inlove: Bessie with the chicks - that is such a sweet pup! :inlove:

Thanks Sara. Bessie will make a great mommy one day! We kid that she would like a stranger to death instead of barking at them.

dustinac
07-11-2006, 10:03 AM
:inlove: aww how sweet is she!! We must have been posting at the same time.. she is a beauty and such a sweetie..

jamiejeans
07-11-2006, 10:13 AM
I had to add some of my own pics here of my "children".

Littleredhen
07-11-2006, 10:16 AM
:inlove: aww how sweet is she!! We must have been posting at the same time.. she is a beauty and such a sweetie..
Your kitty is so handsome, and you picked out the perfect name! It looks as though he is one spoiled kitty :D

sara_jayne
07-11-2006, 10:17 AM
jamiejeans! What cute kids you have! :rofling: :heart: I love Sadie smiling!!

jamiejeans
07-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Thank you!

Isn't Sadie ridiculous? We laugh every time she does that! And lately the look on her face when she does it says, "I can't believe I am doing this foolish face again for a cookie!"

Sara
07-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Now the look on her face is going to be "I can't believe you posted me making this foolish face on the internet and all I get for it is a cookie!" :lol:

SabrinaJL
07-11-2006, 11:10 AM
You HAVE to send that photo to stuffonmycat.com!!! :roflhard:

Ok, I had never heard of that site before so I went and checked it out. That is hilarious. I was definitely :roflhard:.

bjc1050
07-11-2006, 01:40 PM
:heart: These photos...especially Bessie and Sadie :heart: :D

ekgheiy
07-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Bessie is a confused Golden Retriever :D She enjoyed playing mommy to our baby chicks. OMG - that is SOOOoo adorable!!!!! :inlove:

ekgheiy
07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I had to add some of my own pics here of my "children". Shady is simply gawkgous dah'ling :) Mr. Kitty - the only "good man" in your life ... hehehehe :D

jamiejeans
07-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Mr. Kitty - the only "good man" in your life ... hehehehe

Oh no, he was just the first good man in my life... my husband showed up 4 years later. And BTW, Mr Kitty has found his new favorite person- my husband! Go figure!

DotMom61
07-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Awwwwwwww .... I just love all these pictures. The golden w/ the chicks just made me all goofy ... so sweet. She just looks so proud of them! :lol:

And all the kitties are making me wish I had one. DH would never be able to tolerate a cat in the house, plus I'm allergic, anyway. :crying:

FSB
07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I Just could not stand it any longer, I just have to comment on all the "babies" There is not one that is more beautiful or cute than the other. I just love them all, even the snakes.

Quik
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Oh I can't resist, everybody's pets are so cute.

Here's my Cluie.

sara_jayne
07-13-2006, 03:20 PM
:inlove: :inlove: Furry kitty belly!!!

sop 1
07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Well...........Dunny the Pembroke Corgi is definately NOT a cat! And he is "bad"!!! We :heart: him very much. Here he is enjoying his chicken cake on his 3rd birthday this year. Yogurt and bacon icing and Pupperoni candles!! :thumbsup: Yum!

Susan the Sop 1 in NC
:XX:

sara_jayne
07-13-2006, 04:31 PM
:inlove: He's cute! I love his cake!

sop 1
07-13-2006, 05:00 PM
:inlove: He's cute! I love his cake!

Thanks! He's a mess! He adored the cake. :cheering:

Susan

bjc1050
07-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Sop, what's the recipe for the chicken cake? I'd like to make one for our dogs. May just get some cupcakes and stick puperonis on them.

amy
08-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Awww, Susan, your Corgi is so cute, and LOVE the cake, that's great! :lol:

Here's our new addition to our family... Her name is Mia, we just got her from the shelter last night. She has already made herself TOTALLY at home, and is the SWEETEST and most affectionate cat I've ever met. More details on my blog thread (far too many details, really, I can't help oogling over her).
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/garden2006/mia.jpg

letah75
08-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Here we are being cute and innocent. Each can vouch for the other, "what? We've both been sitting here all day cuddled toghter....I swear mom, someone else pulled the ivy out of the planter, attempted to eat in, then threw up little ivy bits all over your bed....."

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c77/letah75/kittysjpg.jpg

What you don't belive me?????? Well this is what I think of your disbelief.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c77/letah75/03120619471.jpg

What?!? You still don't believe us????? Would a cat who is smart enough to get her own water from the water tower make up such a stupid lie????

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c77/letah75/Picture0081.jpg

Seriously, this is how she would get her own water, either drinking straigh from the faucet or filling up the resevor and drinking whenever she wanted some....I had to get child safe spouts.[/img]

amy
08-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Man, talk about being one-upped! :lol:

Letah, those cat pictures are PRICELESS. Awwwwwwwwww. :inlove:

letah75
08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
awww, you're maken' me blush...... :oops: :oops: :oops:

sop 1
08-11-2006, 04:32 PM
I adore the water tower picture! And Amy, Mia is lovely. My last kitty was quite a character too. Her name was Moosie Ann and she lived to be 17! One of her favorite things to do was attack your head in the middle of the night through the headboard!! Dunny the Corgi is aka Dunny the WonderDog.......wonder what he'll do next! :roflhard:

Susan

figaro
08-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Well, I thought I would add my 2 here also. First there is Hobbes (I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes!), she is a 20 year old DLH who runs the house, you can see her Qweenie cattitude here

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/hum39/Nov0905.jpg and here
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/hum39/Image69.jpg

Then there is Calvin (I told you I love Calvin and Hobbes!), we aquired him from a local Humane Society 5 years ago

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/hum39/Image47.jpg
and here is another one...
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/hum39/Image002.jpg

SandraEllen
08-12-2006, 12:05 AM
WOW!!! Hobbes is 20?!?!

She's looking mighty good for 20!!!!

:cheering: