PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cheezy Pet photos --share your pics!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

amy
03-15-2005, 04:22 PM
I know it's not knitting-related, but I just love seeing everyone's pet pics. Keep 'em coming!

JessicaSant
03-15-2005, 04:35 PM
I was working on my laptop, and had to get up to get something from the kitchen. When I came back, I found my cat Chai just chilling:

KellyK
03-15-2005, 04:36 PM
oooooooh, Amy! I wanna rub that tummy!!!!!

Here's my crew....

Nuno930
03-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Damn it! I have puppy fever soooooooo bad! This is not helping. Here is my first born

http://www.seayme.com/images/bailie/tiredbailie.jpg

gardenia
03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
This is not a very good picture, but this is my baby, Alfalfa. His coloring is very bright, but the photo doesn't really show it. His head is bright yellow. He is very spoiled. :D

I really, really like Kelly's little Howie!

Flappy
03-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Stereotypical knitters... a bunch of cats and small, fluffy dogs. Where are all the Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds?

I bet we all wear our hair in buns too.

;)

Nuno930
03-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Stereotypical knitters... a bunch of cats and small, fluffy dogs. Where are all the Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds?

;)

Well my puppy fever is for a Rottie, does that help at all?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-15-2005, 08:58 PM

:rofling: I wore my hair down to school today and SEVEN kids asked me if i was going out/on a date/ to dinner/to a job interview, and our school counselor said she saw "someone" standing by the copier and didn't realize it was me until I laughed. :rollseyes:
I *always* wear it up, either in a bun or a clip... and it was back up again today after second period.

I don't have any more pictures of my kitties to post; the rest are all too big. We were considering adopting a greyhound last summer though! But, alas, there was not a good match b/t us and the dog :verysad: But maybe next summer... We'd need to get a fence, too, and....

Amy, we need a "Rambling" emoticon!!! :D

KellyK
03-15-2005, 10:26 PM
I really, really like Kelly's little Howie!

Thanks so much!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Alfalfa! I also have parakeets, but they dont like me. They are just happy being together.

My hair is not in a bun, because I can't for the life of me figure out how to make one...I would like to wear one of those cool, "messy" buns. I even got so desperate as to ask for bun lessons from a 12 year old!

feministmama
03-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Here is Madelyn. Yes another fuzzy cat.

mascarasnake
03-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Here's my baby Siamese Moozha...He turned one yesterday!

mascarasnake
03-16-2005, 01:19 AM
Here he is as a kitten...

Flappy
03-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Ok, despite my previous snarky comment, here's a picture of my guard dog.

yellowness
03-16-2005, 05:09 AM
I have three ferrets (and one pajama wearing BF). Here's a reasonably clear shot of my kids, and one shot of many (like 50 - thanks to digital cameras and large memory cards!) showing how difficult it is to get three ferrets (and one pajama wearing BF) to hold still

You can't really see the disaster in the background that is my knitting/midterms/tiny house mess... *grin*

KellyK
03-16-2005, 08:45 AM
I have three ferrets (and one pajama wearing BF).

I've always wanted one of those....a pajama wearing BF, I mean....do they eat very much, Yellow? And, can you teach them tricks? :rofling:

This may be my MOST FAVORITEST thread EVER EVER EVER!!!!!

Nuno930
03-16-2005, 10:16 AM
....do they eat very much, Yellow? And, can you teach them tricks?

I don't know about Yellow's but after years of trying I did teaach mine how to put the toilet seat down :happydance:

Gatomoso
03-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately, my 17 year old KittyBug died a few weeks ago. I miss him so much and seeing these pictures really makes me happy for you all! Do appreciate these furry ones!

I do have this new cat, however, to keep me company . . . not quite as furry as I'd like, but she's trying!

KellyK
03-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Gat, Im SO SO sorry about your kitty! I lost a dog 2 Christmases ago & I miss her every day & have DEFINITELY developed a closer relationship with my pets since then! HUGS to you!!!!

I do have this new cat, however, to keep me company . . . not quite as furry as I'd like, but she's trying!

OK - THAT pet may just be cuter, and maybe even more rare, than Yellow's pajama-wearing boyfriend.

And, for your cat, here's a mouse for her to play with!

wildforyarn
03-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Nik, glad to see another Rottie fan in the group. We rescued a female Rottie in our area last July. She is great and our kids love her. When I finally get around to taking pictures of WIP, the hat I finished, I will take one of my big baby and send it. She is great!

Jivewhistle
03-16-2005, 04:51 PM
:heart: Oh there are so many cute pets!!!!!!!! :heart:

Yellowness, your ferrets are awesome! My boyfriend used to have a ferret and two rottweilers and the ferret would bite the rotts noses if they tried to mess with them...LOL.

KellyK your doggies are soooo cute. Nuno, your dog is awesome too. Everyone has such awesome looking pets.

I posted a couple pics of mine on another thread, but since we have a pet one, I'll post them here :D

KellyK
03-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Jive, this pooch is GORGEOUS! SOOO shiny!
What's her/his name?

Jivewhistle
03-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh...lmao...forgot to tell you her name is Lucy :D

She's a black lab, german shep mix....very small though, only 40 lbs!

DotMom61
03-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, being the furrless family (we're allergic), I have to post our furrless pets.

I long for a furry pet, but ... achoo ... just can't have 'em. :(

Green Anole (one of two):

http://static.flickr.com/30/49372130_4bb5b92be0.jpg

Miss Maggie the Quaker Parrot:

http://static.flickr.com/33/49372134_e4eeea9326.jpg

Jivewhistle
03-16-2005, 09:09 PM
DotMom, Maggie is a beautiful bird!! Thats a really great photo. Verde/Geico is pretty cool too!

wildforyarn
03-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Julie, I love your pets, especially Maggie, the Quaker. I worked in a pet store about 11 years ago and they had some Quakers there and I really liked them. They are nice birds!

KellyK
03-16-2005, 10:04 PM
There is a flock of about 25 Quaker Parakeets that live here in Berwyn YEAR ROUND! They've been here a LONG time, and there is another flock that lives in Chicago in the Hyde Park neigborhood. It is WILD to see them at our feeder next to sparrows & starlings!

DotMom61
03-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks, Jivewhistle & Sara ... Yes, Quakers are fun little birds. She is only about a year old, and her vocabulary astounds us. She has almost all of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" down, and that's just for starters. I had read that they can be pretty aggressive, so we worked really hard to socialize her. She's great with just about anybody who comes in the house.

The lizards, on the other hand, are just afraid. :rollseyes:

DotMom61
03-16-2005, 10:12 PM
There is a flock of about 25 Quaker Parakeets that live here in Berwyn YEAR ROUND! They've been here a LONG time, and there is another flock that lives in Chicago in the Hyde Park neigborhood. It is WILD to see them at our feeder next to sparrows & starlings!

Kelly --

I was just down in the Hyde Park area today!! I had no idea there were wild Quakers in this area. (We live in St. Charles, by the way.) I can only imagine the racket that flock must make. Do they have a big nest anywhere?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-16-2005, 10:26 PM
we illinois people have to get together sometime... i'm the farthest west, so guess i'm coming to ya'll....

KellyK
OH! I didnt notice where you were from until just now!

I dont know very much about the Hyde park flock, Ive only read about them in the paper & in the Chicago Ornithological Society newsletter (Yes, my hubby & I are birdwatching geeks!)

But, about the flock here in Berwyn....they DO make a MAJOR racket! There is never any doubt when they are visiting our feeders! We really only see them in the winter....they find their own food in the summer, although we will see a couple every once in a while.

Actually, I forgot...I have pictures!

Nuno930
Ok, I have a confession to make... birds seriously freak me out. I go in to a panic attack when I am around them. Rats, lizzards I can handle...birds send me screaming like a little girl

KellyK
03-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Ok, I have a confession to make... birds seriously freak me out. I go in to a panic attack when I am around them. Rats, lizzards I can handle...birds send me screaming like a little girl

My mom was the same way, but at the same time she was strangely intrigued by them....she sat for my 3 parakeets while I was on vacation, all she had to do was slip the food in the side, not even open the cage.

Well, by the time we came home, she had taken to having my brother let them out to fly around! She would hide under a blanket until they settled down, then start "peeking" out at them....HYSTERICAL.

Anyway, Al & I bought her a baby keet of her own....it couldnt fly yet, so they had time to get to know each other before "Buddy" could really do anything to freak her out. Now, this bird gives her KISSES and mom calls me to have me talk to Buddy on the PHONE or to tell me what her new favorite game or toy is! They are BEST FRIENDS!

DotMom61
03-16-2005, 10:55 PM

Nik --

My poor m-i-l is the same way. I feel kinda guilty when she comes to watch the kids for us, and she has to put up with this little feathered noise in the corner! Plus, Maggie is somewhat spoiled, and when we sit down to eat a meal, she expects to get her share, too. If she doesn't, then she pesters us endlessly ... "Is it good?" "Look!" "It's good!" ... until we give her something.

:rofling: ha ha ha ... I just re-read the above, and I'd like to clarify that it's the *bird*, not the m-i-l who pesters us and begs for food!!! :shock:

DotMom61
03-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Actually, I forgot...I have pictures!

Kelly --

I love the Quaker (Monk) pictures -- the kids were amazed to see them eating at a feeder! How cool! We only get boring sparrows and an occasional cardinal or chickadee. We are birdwatching geeks, too, and we really miss the variety we had when we lived in the woods down in Kentucky.

Mer
03-17-2005, 12:40 AM
Cute pictures, everyone!! I just had to add my kitties to this thread. Here they are trying to get some sleep. :D

gardenia
03-17-2005, 01:08 AM

Nik, I know you're not the only one. I once had a bunch of people at my house for an event. One woman's husband warned me in advance that his wife is very, very afraid of birds. Long-story-short, my bird got loose and zoomed through the house, right over the woman's head. She literally ran screaming, out the front door. I felt so bad. :doh: It took her a while to calm down and come back in.

I really, really want a doggie. Everyone's pets are so cute.

Deb

Nicoley
03-17-2005, 11:35 AM
i could spend all my time looking at pet pics... i love pets! mostly cats ... i must have 10 million pics of my Kitty Cat i will only put a couple up =o)

my boyfriend's mom sent my dad and sister and me a fruit basket and a cookie basket... i had my eyes on the cookie basket to put my yarn in... Kitty called dibs on it though ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/GreenOne/CatInAHandbasket.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/GreenOne/KittyBasket2.jpg

KnittingKnut
03-17-2005, 11:43 AM

;)

Guess I'm not a stereotypical knitter. Careful what you ask for cause here's my 160+ lb "baby". ;)

ekgheiy
03-17-2005, 11:49 AM

;)

Guess I'm not a stereotypical knitter. Careful what you ask for cause here's my 160+ lb "baby". ;)

HOLY COW!!!!

MAX is just stunning! :shock:
How old is he? (Her ? :??, Max is a uni name :oops: )

Nicoley
03-17-2005, 12:32 PM

wow that is one big pony you got there lol :shock: .... when im married and we in "our' own house i want a great dane and a mini weiner dog...my boyfriend just wants a weiner dog farm...i would be happier witha cat farm but its all good lol

KellyK
03-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Max is ONE HANDSOME GUY! Great Danes are SO sweet-natured, too....

I dont think ANYTHING would be more fun than a weiner-dog farm! Except, maybe, a chihuahua farm! ;)

Sara
03-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Beautiful Dane! Disney just released "The Ugly Dachshund" on DVD. It is my 5yo DD's favorite movie. She wants a Dane awfully much. Unfortunately, we rent, so no pets right now. Truthfully, she would take any pet she could get. Bird, rat, rattlesnake, whatever.

Nicoley
03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
ive never heard of The Ugly Dachshund but its now on my netflix list ... i love weiner dogs and disney films.. :heart:

RachelJean
03-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Here's my dog Bumper. She got her name from the shelter where we got her ... and it does fit because she is a bit of a klutz! She's not small and fluffy, but she's not a Rottweiler, either.

KellyK
03-17-2005, 03:20 PM
OH, RACHEL....what a SWEEET face!!!!!!!

DotMom61
03-17-2005, 03:24 PM

OOOOOHHHH!! I *love* Great Danes, and there is not chance in the world of my ever owning anything that large and furry. :crying: My husband's whole family is anti furry pets. They have some pretty serious allergies, and both of my children and I are allergic, too. I'm waiting for someone to come up with a miraculous cure for allergies (among other things).

In the meantime, I'll have to live vicariously through people like you! What a handsome fellow he is!

ekgheiy
03-17-2005, 03:26 PM
I absolute LOVE looking at all these cute, pint size and NOT SO PINT SIZE (ie = MAX :D ) family members! Keep em coming!

Maybe this should be a sticky too! Entitle - "NEED A SMILE?"

Nicoley
03-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Rachel your pup is adorable! ... reminds me of the pup thats always in the Dierks Bentley videos =o)

RachelJean
03-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the compliments. She gets away with an awful lot of nonsense because of her looks :D ... as my DH says, we have to try not to spoil the kids so we spoil the dog instead !

kitkat
03-17-2005, 07:12 PM
This is my most beautiful Cooper last spring. He loves to snort yarn.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-17-2005, 09:39 PM
He loves to snort yarn.
HILARIOUS!!!

Nicoley, your kitty is GORGEOUS. One like that adopted DH an I 2 halloween's ago, but she "tooted" so bad we had to take her to the humane society; it was very sad, we named her and everything :verysad: But between her stinky toots and our other kitties being so jealous, we knew we couldn't keep her. But, good news, someone adopted her right away. :D

I have to scan more pics of my kitties now, people! (someday DH will move into the 1990s and get us a digicam :wall: )

Nicoley
03-17-2005, 11:45 PM
He loves to snort yarn.
HILARIOUS!!!

Nicoley, your kitty is GORGEOUS. One like that adopted DH an I 2 halloween's ago, but she "tooted" so bad we had to take her to the humane society; it was very sad, we named her and everything :verysad: But between her stinky toots and our other kitties being so jealous, we knew we couldn't keep her. But, good news, someone adopted her right away. :D

thank you! her birthday is in 3 days...she will be 2 .. gifts are welcome lol ;)
im sorry about your kitty...when i was looking for a cat to adopt i had this one little black kitten picked out and was just about to write up the adoption papers when they go BY THE WAY.... this kitty has a heart murmor and a virus and a million other problems which would require it to be on meds for the rest of its life.... i wanted so bad to adopt her.. but just the thought of how sick the kitty was and knowing i really couldnt take care of her... i cried for DAYS.... a week later i found my kitty at another shelter and no lie she is the best kitty in the world ...i still feel bad about the other one

Flappy
03-18-2005, 12:34 AM
a week later i found my kitty at another shelter and no lie she is the best kitty in the world .
I hate to be a stickler, but I think (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/myrottweiler.jpg) you mean "second best".
;)

Nicoley
03-18-2005, 12:44 AM
a week later i found my kitty at another shelter and no lie she is the best kitty in the world .
I hate to be a stickler, but I think (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/myrottweiler.jpg) you mean "second best".
;)

ok ok okok mine is the best gray and white birthday in 3 days likes the smell of bleach more than catnip kitty in the world..... better? lmao lol :cheering:

kathyb2004
03-18-2005, 12:46 AM
I love this thread! All of the pets are so cute! Here are my contributions!

Rufus - He was a stray that wouldn't go away. Thank goodness! Before he found our house I believe he was abused. It took him a long time to trust us but now he's living the good life in the house! He's a Walker Coonhound and the only thing he hunts for now is his next meal!

Maggie - She has been with me since she was about 1 month old, she's a Rat Terrior. When I first got her I couldn't leave her home alone (except for work) so I took her everywhere she just hid in my purse! She's a little spoiled... :lol:

Whiskers - The black cat - She was born in my bedroom. Her mama was another stray that I took in because she was pregnant. We had her for 15 years. We lost her in Oct. 2004.

Fluffers - The white and grey cat - We have had her for about 13 or 14 years. She has a personality all her own. She's my knittin' buddy. She doesn't chew my yarn very often but sits on my lap when I knit. Sometimes she's more comfy than I am... Go figure. :rollseyes:

KnittingKnut
03-18-2005, 02:19 AM

;)

HOLY COW!!!!

MAX is just stunning! :shock:
How old is he? (Her ? :??, Max is a uni name :oops: )

Max says "Thank you" ;) . He's a 4 year old male, coloring is gray merle, his full name is Maximillion von Meistersinger (so now you know why he's called Max)...lol. But like Bumper (who's a real cutie too)...his name fits!! I got him as a rescue last year from an elderly couple who couldn't keep him due to health problems. And you're right Kelly...danes are really gentle giants.

kitkat
03-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Here is my beautiful Pooey Foosums....she likes yarn too but doesnt get to see it often because she is trying to avoid Cooper most of the time.

KellyK
03-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Here is my beautiful Pooey Foosums.....

POOEY FOOSUMS???? :shock:

OK - there MUST be a story behind that which I MUST hear!! :rofling:
LOVE IT!

KnittingKnut
03-18-2005, 08:39 AM
LOL, I want to hear the story too!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-18-2005, 09:35 PM
oooohhhh pooey foosums is a GREAT name! and I like Maximillion von Meistersinger to... i'll bet he has a great howling voice (= Rufus is so cute, his paws look huge to me.

While i'm still not done finding more pics to scan, here's two sites:

Cat Lovers (http://ratemykitten.com/)

Do Lovers (http://www.ratemypuppy.com/)

These to sites and petfinder.com are my favorites for yucky days when i need a boost. actually, petfinder is sad because i want to take home all the animals I see, but you know what i mean.

pics coming soon of stanley spadowski and cheddar biscuit! (i should record me singing some of their various kitty songs too!)

KellyK
03-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Ii should record me singing some of their various kitty songs too!

Ummm...YES YOU SHOULD!!!! :thumbsup:
Mostly because I would like to know that Im not the only weirdo in the world that makes up songs for my pooches!

And, I agree.....Petfinder is a GREAT site!

a-hem: (to the tune of "Spiderman")
:happydance:
Howie-man
Howie-man
does whatever a puppy can!
Eats and Sleeps
Plays with balls
And he'll never be 1 foot tall.
Look out!
Here comes the Howie Man! :happydance:

And, to the tune of "Davey Crockett"
Sophieeee
Soooophie-Ophie
Queen of the Wild Pupp-eees!

(OK...that last one was not my best work..... :oops: )

Nuno930
03-19-2005, 11:33 AM
You all suck. I have been searching the clasifieds now for the past week looking for my Rottie :heart:

KellyK
03-19-2005, 12:05 PM
You all suck. I have been searching the clasifieds now for the past week looking for my Rottie :heart:

Try Petfinder.com, Nik.....It searches all of your local shelters for you. You can narrow the search by breed, size, sex, etc. It really is a great tool!

And, for the record, we dont suck....we were just lucky at the right time. You will be, too! ;)

Nuno930
03-19-2005, 12:26 PM
And, for the record, we dont suck....we were just lucky at the right time. You will be, too! ;)

I mean you suck because you all are not helping my puppy fever. Even if I did find my perfect pooch I can't get her right now :verysad:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-19-2005, 03:28 PM
And, to the tune of "Davey Crockett"
Sophieeee
Soooophie-Ophie
Queen of the Wild Pupp-eees!

omg we use the davy crockett theme too!

Stanleeeeeeeeeeey
Stanleeeee kitty
King of the laundry piiiiiiiiiile

and
Chedderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeder biscuit
King of the lard-@$$ caaaaaatssss

and i also use various opera arias too: figaro from barber of seville (rossini) most often. and i sice we call chedder "B" a lot, I sing "BEE" to the tune of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (mozart) and he sings along... B! B B! B B B B B BEEE! (meow) B! B B! B B B B B BEEEEEE! (meoooooowwwwwww)
and various other classical music pieces too... sheesh this is totally embarassing :oops:

Nicoley
03-19-2005, 04:52 PM
sadly i have no songs for my cat... but i do say "KiTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYY" in a long high pitch way if that counts? lol

speaking of silly cat names... we had a big orange cat that my uncle named Stinky..... i got bored one day and knighted him Sir Stinky of Doodles...... so that stuck with him until he passed a few years ago.... he was a cool cat... size of a tiger but as gental as a lamb Sir Stinky of Doodles

KellyK
03-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Even if I did find my perfect pooch I can't get her right now :verysad:

:heart: :heart: :heart: HUGS, NIK!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

omg we use the davy crockett theme too!

Stanleeeeeeeeeeey
Stanleeeee kitty
King of the laundry piiiiiiiiiile

and
Chedderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeder biscuit
King of the lard-@$$ caaaaaatssss

and i also use various opera arias too: figaro from barber of seville (rossini) most often. and i sice we call chedder "B" a lot, I sing "BEE" to the tune of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (mozart) and he sings along... B! B B! B B B B B BEEE! (meow) B! B B! B B B B B BEEEEEE! (meoooooowwwwwww)

:rofling: I LOVE that they sing along! And, cats ARE kings of the laundry piiiiiiiiiles! You GO with your big fat kitty self, Stanley! :rofling:

We have family howl-alongs when I say (in an elongated way)
ANNNNY-WHOOOOOOO!

MrsBear87
03-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Bailey (under the furniture) & Yukon (died in October)

This photo says it all about their relationship!

MrsBear87
03-21-2005, 11:40 AM
This is Trinket, 12 weeks old in photo.

Nicoley
03-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Bailey (under the furniture) & Yukon (died in October)

This photo says it all about their relationship!

im sorry about Yukon *HUGS* its hard to loose pets..

about the pic i laughed so hard with the little upside down eyes under there lmao lol hehe :rofl: great picture!!
the baby kitty is adorable too!... i love kittens/cats! :heart:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 12:09 AM
oh yukon :verysad: once my cats kick it I'm never going to be able to get any more pets. sheesh, imagine what i'll be like when i have kids.

Nicoley
03-22-2005, 12:17 AM
oh yukon :verysad: once my cats kick it I'm never going to be able to get any more pets. sheesh, imagine what i'll be like when i have kids.

you say that now... but you will miss the company of there kind of luv and snuggles and you will get more

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 12:33 AM
you're rights... as i sit here with a 16 pound lard on my lap cutting off the circulation to my feet and tooting on me, I think "gee, I'll sure miss your smelly fat butt when you're gone" At least he's purring too :D

KellyK
03-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Hilde, you are TOO funny.

knittergirl
03-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Speaking of cheezy pets...here is my kitty, Butters, who thinks he actually fits in the top of the Velveeta box!! :lol:

(Of course, after his mommy laughed her butt off and snapped a pic, he was told never to get back on the kitchen table. No matter how cute it might be.)

Casey

KellyK
03-22-2005, 10:21 AM
And, poor Butters, he thought he was all camoflaged! Incognito-like! :rofling:

DotMom61
03-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Speaking of cheezy pets...here is my kitty, Butters, who thinks he actually fits in the top of the Velveeta box!! :lol:

He even looks like he's been grazing on the cheese!! :rofling:

Nicoley
03-22-2005, 12:15 PM

(Of course, after his mommy laughed her butt off and snapped a pic, he was told never to get back on the kitchen table. No matter how cute it might be.)

Casey

LMAO hehehe its not easy being cheesey ....

cats love boxes... i wonder why that is... i know my Kitty could see a box an' inch wide and will try to fit her fuzzy butt in it ..... lol

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 08:51 PM
knittergirl, i laughed SO LOUD that I scared the lard butt sitting on me (and tooting) right off my lap! That picture is a RIOT... I downloaded it, I hope you don't mind.

knittergirl
03-22-2005, 09:50 PM
That picture is a RIOT... I downloaded it, I hope you don't mind.

It's okay with me, Hilde. :thumbsup:

It's so funny that he's in a box in the first place, because he's never been one to get into boxes. He usually prefers paper bags on the floor or he crawls under the bedcovers at night.

And I must confess to everyone...Butters has his own jazzy little theme song too.

However, I will spare y'all the details. It's just nice to know I'm not the only one who makes up songs for their pets. ;)

Casey

KellyK
03-22-2005, 10:00 PM
And I must confess to everyone...Butters has his own jazzy little theme song too.

However, I will spare y'all the details. It's just nice to know I'm not the only one who makes up songs for their pets. ;)

Casey

:fingerwag: Uh Uh Uhhhhh! :fingerwag:
SPILL, GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 10:00 PM
no fair! you have to sing the song!!!!!!!

Gatomoso
03-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh! I miss my cat sooo much! I love these pictures! But I just reallly miss my beautiful Bug! I hope you don't mind . . . I really want to post his picture. He was such an extraordinary cat. We found each other when I was 18. He died earlier this year (I'm 35). 17 years and no way was that ever ever enough. Please, please, please, kiss all those furry ones for me (cats and dogs); crackers to the feathery guys (can't kiss'em, I'm allergic) and uhhh crickets to the reptilians!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 10:14 PM
:verysad:

kitty

Nicoley
03-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Oh! I miss my cat sooo much! I love these pictures! But I just reallly miss my beautiful Bug! I hope you don't mind . . . I really want to post his picture. He was such an extraordinary cat. We found each other when I was 18. He died earlier this year (I'm 35). 17 years and no way was that ever ever enough. Please, please, please, kiss all those furry ones for me (cats and dogs); crackers to the feathery guys (can't kiss'em, I'm allergic) and uhhh crickets to the reptilians!

*HUGE HUGS*

KellyK
03-22-2005, 10:38 PM
OK - here we go.....

First, HUGS to you, Gats....I know how ya feel.

My Katie was only 8 when she died 2 Christmases ago from sudden kidney failure. We still dont know exactly what happened because she was always SO healthy! She was a regular fixture with me at work (Retirement Community) and she made SUCH a difference in the lives of my residents and staff....the whole place mourned with me. If it's even possible, I feel SO much closer to Maddie, my Lhasa, who howled every time she checked "their room" for two weeks, and the 2 additional pooches who have been sharing my life since then....

Nicoley
03-22-2005, 11:06 PM
OK - here we go.....

First, HUGS to you, Gats....I know how ya feel.

My Katie was only 8 when she died 2 Christmases ago from sudden kidney failure. We still dont know exactly what happened because she was always SO healthy! She was a regular fixture with me at work (Retirement Community) and she made SUCH a difference in the lives of my residents and staff....the whole place mourned with me. If it's even possible, I feel SO much closer to Maddie, my Lhasa, who howled every time she checked "their room" for two weeks, and the 2 additional pooches who have been sharing my life since then....

:( :crying: *HUGE HUGS*

Nicoley
03-22-2005, 11:15 PM
this thread has gotten sad =o( makes me sad... the only thing i can think of to do now is post more pics of kitty

http://images.buzznet.com/assets/users/nicoley/default/gallery-msg-18242-2.jpg

http://images.buzznet.com/assets/users/nicoley/default/gallery-msg-13310-2.jpg

http://images.buzznet.com/assets/users/nicoley/default/gallery-msg-11147-2.jpg

http://images.buzznet.com/assets/users/nicoley/default/gallery-msg-14116-2.jpg

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 11:25 PM
yay! happy pics!
i'm still searching for the disc to install my scanner... DH thinks "organizing" is tossing everything in a box....

Nicoley
03-22-2005, 11:31 PM
yay! happy pics!
i'm still searching for the disc to install my scanner... DH thinks "organizing" is tossing everything in a box....

see see that just proves that "organizing" doesnt help anything!... if you know the make and model number to the scanner you have you can goto there website ... all sites usely have drivers for there products... for such ocasions when DH or SOs run off with disks! lol

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 11:33 PM
oo yeah duhh i didn't think of that....

SOs??????

Nicoley
03-22-2005, 11:44 PM
oo yeah duhh i didn't think of that....

SOs??????

Significant Others (sp??)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 11:56 PM
oh. duhhh :doh:

KellyK
03-23-2005, 12:14 AM
this thread has gotten sad =o( makes me sad... the only thing i can think of to do now is post more pics of kitty

Sorry about that....but, you know, you open your life to these amazing furry (scaly, feathery) souls, and you sacrifice some of your own heart.....I had never been so sad in all my life, but there is nothing that could convince me to ever be poochless! :inlove:

Thanks for the hugs, though!

And, Nicoley, that pic of your BEEEEE-YOU-TEE-FUL kitty staring out the window at the snow is AMAZING!

knittergirl
03-23-2005, 12:24 AM
***Hugs to Gatomoso*** Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures of Bug. I had my kitty Annie for 14 years and I was so devastated when she passed. I was 15 when I got her. (I'll be 32 next month.) I still miss her. Just remember, at least he knows he was truly loved and cared for and lucky to have you for his human.

~~~~~~~

KellyK and Hilde,

Let me just say I warned you...

But-ters, Butters Kitty
But-ters, Butters Cat
But-ters, Butters Kitty
He's where it's at.

But-ters, Butters Kitty
But-ters, he's so fine.
But-ters, Butters Kitty
That kitty is mine. :blush:

It's not set to any recognizable tune, just something I made up.
I usually sing it when he comes in from outside. He seems to enjoy it.
(But he's a weird one anyway...as am I, for that matter.)

Casey

KellyK
03-23-2005, 12:27 AM
KellyK and Hilde,

But-ters, Butters Kitty
But-ters, Butters Cat
But-ters, Butters Kitty
He's where it's at.

But-ters, Butters Kitty
But-ters, he's so fine.
But-ters, Butters Kitty

It's not set to any recognizable tune, just something I made up.
I usually sing it when he comes in from outside. He seems to enjoy it.
(But he's a weird one anyway...as am I, for that matter.)

Casey

:cheering: YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering:

Mer
03-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Awww, can I add to the theme of cats in windows/hugging/squishing themselves where they don't belong? I just can't help myself...

Nicoley
03-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Sorry about that....but, you know, you open your life to these amazing furry (scaly, feathery) souls, and you sacrifice some of your own heart.....I had never been so sad in all my life, but there is nothing that could convince me to ever be poochless! :inlove:

Thanks for the hugs, though!

And, Nicoley, that pic of your BEEEEE-YOU-TEE-FUL kitty staring out the window at the snow is AMAZING!

even the strongest people crumble over the love of animals... they are worth the love *HUGS*

and thank you... that was her first snow fall and she was totally amazed by all the white stuff falling from the sky lol

Nicoley
03-23-2005, 12:56 AM
Awww, can I add to the theme of cats in windows/hugging/squishing themselves where they don't belong? I just can't help myself...

hehe cuties!! lol ithe special gifted kitty in the bag one made me :rofling:

KellyK
03-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Sigh.............I miss having a cat!

Gatomoso
03-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the hugs! I really appreciate them! And sorry if I made anyone sad. Just remember:

But-ters, Butters Kitty
But-ters, Butters Cat
But-ters, Butters Kitty
He's where it's at.

But-ters, Butters Kitty
But-ters, he's so fine.
But-ters, Butters Kitty
That kitty is mine.

Thanks and hugs to all, including our furry, feathery, and scaly companions!

Gatomoso
(which incidentally, is a shortening of Gato Hermoso - beautiful cat, a nickname for my Bug!)

amy
03-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Wow!! I feel like I just posted this topic, and I blink, and suddenly there are 100 posts to this thread! So cool!!! :D

SUCH nice and adorable pictures! Thank you all so much for sharing them. I've treasured and read every picture and post. I wish I had time to reply to each one, there are so many that made me laugh and go "Awwwww," and make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I commiserate with those of you who have lost pets. I just lost my beloved Burmy this January. Here are a couple pics.

amy
03-23-2005, 04:09 PM
And one more picture of my sweetie Charlotte. :)

ekgheiy
03-23-2005, 04:19 PM
I came across this old pic of one of my guys in my email ... his name is Ocelot. My mother sent this pic to me when I was away at college.

Drumroll please ...

I don't have a digi-pic of Smokey :cry:

KellyK
03-23-2005, 10:13 PM
I read about your Burmy in another post, Amy....Im SO SO sorry. As you see, we know what you went through.

Charlotte is LOVELY! (As is Ocelot, Ekg! What a GREAT face on him!)

WHAT did you do to your window, AMy??? LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-24-2005, 12:34 AM
And one more picture of my sweetie Charlotte. :)

oo ooo oo it's like stanley's twin!!!!!!!!

anyway, this isn't my cat, but someone sent me this pic which i think is hilarious (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't be offended)

KellyK
03-24-2005, 12:37 AM
Naughty Naughty Hilde!!!!! *snicker snicker*

beldaraan
03-24-2005, 12:41 AM
That picture is soooo old. I mean, really Hilde, who HASN'T seen it already?! :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-24-2005, 12:49 AM
is it really????????? :shock: i just got it in my email like yesterday!!!!! oh well, it amused me anyway!

beldaraan
03-24-2005, 12:51 AM
Well, it's probably the only pic of a cat that I like because the feelings are mutual.

Sara
03-24-2005, 10:25 AM
It's okay, Hildie! I had never seen that picture before, either. Hilarious! I appreciate cats, but I don't ever want to own one. I can't do the maintenance (or the hairballs). I'm happy to hold my "BFF"'s beautiful kitty, Bella, when I'm at her house.

KellyK
03-28-2005, 08:29 AM
KellyK and Hilde,

But-ters, Butters Kitty
But-ters, Butters Cat
But-ters, Butters Kitty
He's where it's at.

But-ters, Butters Kitty
But-ters, he's so fine.
But-ters, Butters Kitty
Casey
OK - I've got a new one. Howie likes this one more than his Spider-Man themed song! To the tune of "Chu-Chi Face" From Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang:

You're my little puppy face
My puppy-wuppy puppy-wuppy Puppy Face!
You're my little poochie-man!
My poochie-woochie poochie-woochie Poochie Man!
You're my little puppy face and
You're my poochie-man!
You give me the kissies like only a puppy can!

I tell ya, we should all make a CD!

amy
03-28-2005, 05:45 PM
You all crack me up. Hadn't seen that picture either.

I read about your Burmy in another post, Amy....Im SO SO sorry. As you see, we know what you went through.

Charlotte is LOVELY! (As is Ocelot, Ekg! What a GREAT face on him!)

WHAT did you do to your window, AMy??? LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks KellyK. :)
The window is painted with acrylics. Can be washed off. It makes a good privacy screen, and looks really pretty with the light shining in. :)

Rennagayle
03-28-2005, 05:47 PM
That's hysterical, and I had not seen it. :rofling:

DotMom61
03-30-2005, 11:15 AM
I just ran across this web site, and it occurred to me that the dog lovers on this thread would enjoy it: Gone to the Dogs (http://www.gone2thedogs.com/). Click on the dog in the picture, and you will be presented with the (C)anine (A)lgorithmic (T)ransfer (S)ystem which will tell you which breed of dog you would be if you died and came back as a dog.

I was a Norwegian Elk Hound. I'm not quite sure how to take that. :??

KellyK
03-30-2005, 11:34 AM
HOW FUNNNN!

I'm a Welsh Corgi....outgoing, active and intellegent, but now a bit portly because of all the years of pampering by Queen Lizzy. :oops:

Rennagayle
03-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Well, that's better than being known as a dog with the reputation of being an old lady's lap-monster :blush: :rofling:

What's funnier (to me) is that my own dog is the breed I'm supposed to be most like, a Pomeranian! Actually, my little Boo Boo is only half Pom, but her personality is Pom all the way.

peev
03-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Here are my two kittycats.

Rennagayle
03-30-2005, 12:55 PM
What beautiful cats! I loved the black & white photos. :D

Nicoley
03-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Click on the dog in the picture, and you will be presented with the (C)anine (A)lgorithmic (T)ransfer (S)ystem which will tell you which breed of dog you would be if you died and came back as a dog.

I was a Norwegian Elk Hound. I'm not quite sure how to take that. :??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/GreenOne/puppy.jpg

ekgheiy
03-30-2005, 01:03 PM

Wow Peev!! Not only are your kitties beautiful, the picture quality is awesome! Are those photos professionally done? :shock:

Nicoley
03-30-2005, 01:05 PM

THEY ARE SO PRETTY!!.... are they siblings or adopted siblings?

KellyK
03-30-2005, 01:23 PM
PEEV! Beautiful kitties! Ive always been partial to black & white cats, myself....

Sara
03-30-2005, 05:34 PM
OMG! My CATS says that I am an Entlebucher Sennenhund (Entlebach Mountain Dog) a breed from Switzerland that is a herding dog. Looks rather like a reverse-colored beagle, only bigger. I have never heard of this breed before, amazing! How funny! And I have enough German to be able to pronounce the name.

lisak
03-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Here's my baby, Jackson.

Don't laugh - yes, we took him to see the Easter Bunny, but look at how cute! :P

One of these days I'll be brave and knit him up a sweater (promise buddy!)

KellyK
03-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Lisa....that is PRECIOUS!

We once took our cat to see Santa :oops:

Rennagayle
03-30-2005, 08:06 PM
That is ADORABLE! :mrgreen:

Anne
03-30-2005, 10:06 PM
AWE :heart: to cute!!!!! :thumbsup:

Nicoley
03-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Here's my baby, Jackson.

Don't laugh - yes, we took him to see the Easter Bunny, but look at how cute! :P

One of these days I'll be brave and knit him up a sweater (promise buddy!)

lol thats so cute!!... (am i the only one that thinks its funny that the easter bunny is gaurding his ... um... eggs? lmao)

KellyK
03-31-2005, 12:18 AM
:rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

lisak
03-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Eeeewwww... ha ha ...eggs..

I didn't even notice that!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-31-2005, 11:31 AM
ooo peev your kitties are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

peev
03-31-2005, 12:45 PM

Wow Peev!! Not only are your kitties beautiful, the picture quality is awesome! Are those photos professionally done? :shock:

Thanks - I took them myself (photography is another of my hobbies). :oops: I was lucky enough to get them when there was decent light in the house, and they were in the mood to pose (can you tell? :D ) Most of the time they need to inspect the camera close up. :D My DH is particularly fond of these photos - so much so that he had them printed on canvas for me for our wedding anniversary last year and they have pride of place in our lounge. I *must* get a photo of the cats stretching on the bookcase to 'see' their pictures better. :D

peev
03-31-2005, 12:46 PM

THEY ARE SO PRETTY!!.... are they siblings or adopted siblings?

Brother and sister. :)

ekgheiy
03-31-2005, 02:26 PM

Thanks - I took them myself (photography is another of my hobbies). :oops: I was lucky enough to get them when there was decent light in the house, and they were in the mood to pose (can you tell? :D ) Most of the time they need to inspect the camera close up. :D My DH is particularly fond of these photos - so much so that he had them printed on canvas for me for our wedding anniversary last year and they have pride of place in our lounge. I *must* get a photo of the cats stretching on the bookcase to 'see' their pictures better. :D

Very nice! You make me wanna pick up a Minolta or something! :notworthy:

brookenic
03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Here's a picture of my fur-baby, Charlie. and I am his pillow. ~Brooke

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-31-2005, 02:55 PM
nice PJs!

KellyK
03-31-2005, 03:05 PM
OMG....what kind of diggie is your Charlie, Brooke??? He looks like the TWIN of my bosses dog that died about a year ago! My boss never did know what he was mixed with!

brookenic
03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
He is a Wheaten Terrier /Poodle mix. ~Brooke

happenin
04-01-2005, 12:21 AM
As KellyK sooooooo knows.....

I made my first set of dpn's yesterday....another story entirely...but they work great!

Right after that, I had a drop-in visitor...on the topic of this thread.... who hasn't left yet, read more about him and his sad story here (http://www.happenin.2ya.com/lost_pooch.html).

(Gawwd I'm dead tired and a volunteer adoptee dropped out of the picture for a really good reason, but he's been listed at several "lost and found" sites...see, told ya I was dead tired....only 1 hour of sleep last night!)......

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-01-2005, 01:46 AM
:verysad: i'll take him tooooooo people are idiots sometimes. you have to get a license to drive a car but any moron can have kids or pets. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-02-2005, 02:47 AM
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!! I bought a digi cam! I only took 2 pics of my kitties, and the flash was waaaay to bright for him, but here is the fat-TAB-ulous Cheddar Biscuit! Look at that enormous belly... do you think he got this way from WORKING?? no! he lays on the bed and toots ALL DAY! Everybody sing (to the "sound off" tune) B B B B B B B! HE!IS! FAT!

Nicoley
04-02-2005, 02:57 AM
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!! I bought a digi cam! I only took 2 pics of my kitties, and the flash was waaaay to bright for him, but here is the fat-TAB-ulous Cheddar Biscuit! Look at that enormous belly... do you think he got this way from WORKING?? no! he lays on the bed and toots ALL DAY! Everybody sing (to the "sound off" tune) B B B B B B B! HE!IS! FAT!

hehehe that is one BIG kitty! lol not big as in fat ... i mean big as in LOOOoOooOoong! lol... i love orange tabbys.. they are my fav. kinda kittys (dont tell my cat thought i love her lots even with gray as her color...)

KellyK
04-02-2005, 08:14 AM
HIlde CONGRATS on the camera!!!!! You are gonna have SO much fun with that! (Although, not the kind of fun Beldie would have, Im guessing...)

Cheddar has some CATitude...I can tell! He is like, "puh-LEEZE get that THING outta my FACE"!

happenin
04-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Hilde, you did it! :)

Kewl cat........Cheddy's a looooong cat. His coloration and markings remind me of "Morris".....sort of.

I think Cheddy was lovin' every minute of that photo shoot....most cats love all the attention that comes with capturing images of them.....some even "pose" for you....I know mine did!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-02-2005, 01:13 PM
yes he is a large long beast. He does look like Morris, too!!! Stanleyis afraid of the beeps and wizzes the camera makes, so i'll have to sneak up on him to take a picture.

Gatomoso
04-02-2005, 04:27 PM
As KellyK sooooooo knows.....

I made my first set of dpn's yesterday....another story entirely...but they work great!

Right after that, I had a drop-in visitor...on the topic of this thread.... who hasn't left yet, read more about him and his sad story here (http://www.happenin.2ya.com/lost_pooch.html).

(Gawwd I'm dead tired and a volunteer adoptee dropped out of the picture for a really good reason, but he's been listed at several "lost and found" sites...see, told ya I was dead tired....only 1 hour of sleep last night!)......

You're a wonderful person, Happenin. So good of you to take in that lovely pooch. May your kindness be returned 3-fold (at least). Please post and let us know what happens.

beldaraan
04-02-2005, 11:00 PM
(Although, not the kind of fun Beldie would have, Im guessing...)
You have to guess on that Kelly?

Danielle_Thomas
04-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I had to get in on the action and show off my baby! Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera so these are from my picture phone. This is Gizmo Gus. He's a pretty good roommate, but he doesn't help pay the bills at all!!

KellyK
04-03-2005, 08:50 PM
He looks kinda like my Maddie! What a face!!!!!

nonahs
04-03-2005, 10:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/sparnell/scaryginger.jpg

She's not always that scary, I promise. :lol:

KellyK
04-04-2005, 12:43 AM
:mad: "HAVE A NICE FRIGGIN DAY!!!" :mad:
:rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

amy
04-04-2005, 01:01 AM
nonahs, I love that doggie pic! What a funny picture. :rofling: She looks like a sweetie. Hey, welcome to knittinghelp, by the way! ;) Great to have you and your doggie on board. :)

Brooke, Charlie is adorable!

Hildie, Cheddar is so cute! Love the name.

Danielle, what a cutie!!

LisaK, that Easter Bunny shot is a riot. Thanks for sharing.

Feebs, your two black cats are GORGEOUS! What incredible pictures. Makes me want to start collecting pet photos for a KH Calendar. Such arteeests here! ;) Seriously, that's some nice photography, I'm impressed.

Amy

nonahs
04-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Thank-you, amy! I'm a new knitter and I was directed to this site, so I've been reading eagerly. I just finished my first knitting project tonight. :D

Oh, and my dog is definitely a total sweetie... though her Beagle side can get the best of her sometimes, haha.

happenin
04-05-2005, 01:07 AM
:help: The last few days I've been crying bombshells. To find out why, see the final entries in my saga (http://www.happenin.2ya.com/lost_pooch.html)....if you haven't already been following it.

:verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

Well, sniff.....(if my eyes don't swell shut first) at least I can look forward to catching up with lots of reading here tonight and tomorrow. Thank God for that!

:verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

KellyK
04-05-2005, 07:52 AM
OHHHHHHHHHH, Sweetie! Im so sorry! I know you had a good time with this guy.....you did SUCH a good thing!!! HUGGGGGGGGGGGS!

Sara
04-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Well, crying again, darn it. You did the right thing. He went to people who KNOW who would be a good and caring family for this dog, so that he can be safe and happy. Thank you. He is adorable, and he looks like he was made out of "Fun Fur" yarn.

nonahs
04-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Aww, happenin, that's really sad... but you did a wonderful thing!!! :cheering:

Nuno930
04-05-2005, 12:28 PM
It is a great thing you did. I know most people would not have :heart:

happenin
04-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Well, crying again, darn it. You did the right thing. He went to people who KNOW who would be a good and caring family for this dog, so that he can be safe and happy. Thank you. He is adorable, and he looks like he was made out of "Fun Fur" yarn.
Well thank you, Sara (and everyone else too) for being so kind. I'm still a-hurtin' pretty sore today. I cried so much I thought I was getting stye-eye.

Though it might look it, he doesn't have a Fun Fur texture (which'd be like a dearly departed Scottish Terrier I once knew and loved)....he's more like Angora. But I'd have loved every inch of that Angora if I knew how best to take care of it. Maybe sometime down the road when the quality of my life and financial situation improves.

I was blessed to have him for the short time I did. I've often wondered if there was a Terrier with a softer coat than the bristle brush texture of a Scottie and now I know there is. A Wheaten might just be a candidate for me when the day comes for me to find a little one. But it's like I told the Rescue people, I don't care if they're worth 8 or 8 million (they're supposedly an $800-$1,000+ sort of dog), I'd love 'em up just the same.

Nuno930
04-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Ummm gals (and guys if we have any) I think I am in love

http://tinyurl.com/5f8mt

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-05-2005, 02:25 PM
ohhhhh happ :verysad:

nuno I am in love too!!! When i am having a bad day i spend time wlookg at pet finder... sometimes it makes it WORSE (all the puppies and kitties with no homes) but usually their sweet faces make it me feel much better!

KellyK
04-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Petfinder is the most AWESOME resource!!

BTW....a GREAT way to volunteer for a local shelter is to do the Petfinder updates for them...It can usually be done from one's own home & takes not alot of time. Shelter emails pics and descripts to you, you stick 'em on the web!

happenin
04-05-2005, 07:25 PM
BTW....a GREAT way to volunteer for a local shelter is to do the Petfinder updates for them...It can usually be done from one's own home & takes not alot of time. Shelter emails pics and descripts to you, you stick 'em on the web!
Good idea! Great suggestion Kelly!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Here's Stanley Spadowski! Amy I think he looks like your kitty! Don't you all want to kiss his wiskers??????? Cheddar chews them off all the time...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-05-2005, 10:02 PM
omg nonahs that pic is HILARIOUS!

amy
04-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Hildie, Stanley does look like my kittie! Especially pic #2.

They would make a cute kitty-couple. ;)

Amy

happenin
04-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Stanley, the alien cat.

brookenic
04-06-2005, 12:38 AM
This is possibly our newest family member. I found her on petfinder.com My hubby and I both fell in :heart: :heart: :heart: We just adore dogs. I love getting them as puppies,it's hardly ever happened to me. I'm so excited :happydance: I need a name for this little girly. My hubby wants to wait till we get her and see what she's like. And I named Charlie(our doggy). I still wanna have a name in mind. I'm thinking. We need a "smoke coming out of the ears' emoticon. :lol: ~Brooke

Danielle_Thomas
04-06-2005, 01:21 AM
She is so friggin cute Brooke! :heart: :inlove: Get the newspapers ready!!!!

KellyK
04-06-2005, 07:18 AM
I saw that pup and RITA popped into my head.

(I know this isnt the right thread for this, but...) TPBM only chooses "human" names for their animals because she thinks its a DIGNITY issue. I cant stand POOKIE and FIFI and SPOT and so on.....

amy
04-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Ohhhhhhh my goodness, that is the sweetest little thing ever!!!!

Ohhh, I want a little itty cutesy-pie puppy too! Too bad I'm so busy, and we don't have time to entertain one...but, oh....
**Amy's rational thinking ability melts into a puddle of warm & fuzzy feelings, as she looks at above picture.**

brookenic
04-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Kellyk said TPBM only chooses "human" names for their animals because she thinks its a DIGNITY issue.

True True True. Names of my previous pets: Charlie(currently),Willy,Maxine,Amber, Buddha,Sam,Arnold.

I did have a cat once named Snickers. Her colors were like a snicker bar :D

twiggyann
04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
From oldest to youngest:

This is Shelby Roxanne. She just turned 10.

http://home.earthlink.net/~twiggyann/shel_for_who_we_are[1].jpg

This is Anastasia Nichole (Annie). She turned 5 in October.

http://home.earthlink.net/~twiggyann/annie_for_who_we_are[1].jpg

And this is our newest arrival, Hannah Elise. We adopted her in March. She'll be 4 in about 3 weeks.

http://home.earthlink.net/~twiggyann/050314%20hannah.jpg

happenin
04-06-2005, 06:23 PM
From oldest to youngest:
This is Shelby Roxanne. She just turned 10.
This is Anastasia Nichole (Annie). She turned 5 in October.
And this is our newest arrival, Hannah Elise. We adopted her in March. She'll be 4 in about 3 weeks.
Aaawww what sweet little heart breakers....what are their breeds/mixes?
:)

twiggyann
04-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks. All three are rescues.

Shelby is a purebred lhasa apso who was surrendered to the pound when her owners moved.

Annie was picked up by the Doggie Police at about 10 months of age and we figure, based on the shape she was in that she'd been out on her own since about 4 months of age. She's a shih tzu. Probably not purebred, but it's possible. We can't pinpoint other breed characteristics in her.

Hannah is an Australian Shepherd/German Shepherd mix who was surrendered to the pound because of what they called separation anxiety. From what we can tell, it's more boredom and inappropriate curiosity. And the fact that she's so large (75 lbs!) that she can reach whatever strikes her fancy.

Jivewhistle
04-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Twiggyann, your dogs are so cute!!! I really Hannah, her colors are so pretty! My Lucy (shelter dog too) has a bad case of separation anxiety, but thats actually not the reason she was surrendered. The owner kept her locked up in a garage all the time. Poor thing. We've been crate training her, and she still has problems with "remaining calm" (not barking!) while we're gone. We try to wear her out before leaving too, but I don't think there is such a thing with Lucy. As my mom would say, "Where's her off button???".

nonahs
04-06-2005, 07:50 PM
omg nonahs that pic is HILARIOUS!

Thanks! She's very harmless, really. And she's also the love of my life. :heart:

twiggyann
04-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Twiggyann, your dogs are so cute!!! I really Hannah, her colors are so pretty! My Lucy (shelter dog too) has a bad case of separation anxiety, but thats actually not the reason she was surrendered. The owner kept her locked up in a garage all the time. Poor thing. We've been crate training her, and she still has problems with "remaining calm" (not barking!) while we're gone. We try to wear her out before leaving too, but I don't think there is such a thing with Lucy. As my mom would say, "Where's her off button???".

Thanks! As for Lucy, try a Kong toy. Use peanut butter or some cheese whiz or the liver paste they sell at the pet store to anchor pieces of liver, steak, hotdogs, etc in there. Give it too her right before you leave. That will definitely keep her amused if she's food motivated.

Jivewhistle
04-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Oh, aren't Kongs great?! We buy the Kong liver snaps to go in her large Kong toy. We anchor that in there and put some peanut butter inside and around the top. We give that to her before we leave but only the peanut butter keeps her busy...and not for long. I'm going to try freezing it the night before though....maybe with some yogurt too.

contom
04-09-2005, 10:11 AM
This is my 7 year old standard poodle Jewel, my 10 month old pug Moses and my daughters 2 year old American bulldog Scout. (oh well, that didn't work, the file is too large!)

KNITBIT
04-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Here's my pic of our English Labrador Retrievers. Jack is our yellow, and Molly is the chocolate. They both recently turned 1 yr. Jack in April, Molly's bday was a wk. ago.

KNITBIT :XX:

KellyK
04-26-2005, 12:27 PM
OH, KNITBIT! Those are GREAT FACES!!! I want PUPPY SMOOCHES now!!!

maniago
04-26-2005, 12:33 PM
I lurk more than post but just had to show off George

George is a three year old boxer. We also have two female boxers.

Jivewhistle
04-26-2005, 12:40 PM
KnitBit, your labs are AWESOME!!! My black lab Lucy is so much fun. I'd love to have a yellow or chocolate sometime too. But one dog is enough for now! lol

Maniago, that's a beautiful boxer you have there. OMG and you have 3 boxers total?! WoW! That's alot of doggy food...lol. We have some friends who have a boxer and he is just absolutely huge. You should post more too:D

KellyK
04-26-2005, 12:47 PM
George is looking rather REGAL there!

(Heddo, George! :waving: )

Silver
04-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Here's Scout
http://www.cometosilver.com/images/scout.jpg

And his twin, Rumor (a little more robust than Scout though)
http://www.cometosilver.com/images/rumor.jpg

And here they are in their favorite posing spot. That's the wall between the foyer and breakfast nook. The "windows" do not have glass in them, so they love to sit there (and sharpen their claws on the trim), and pose. I swear, they do this on their own. lol
http://www.cometosilver.com/images/scoutrumor.jpg

And no.. their names aren't because I'm a Demi Moore fan or anything. I just think they're cute names for pets. :)

rebecca
04-26-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm going to try this again...just failed with my 1st try!
Anyway....this is :heart: HRH :heart: Sally
She runs :fingerwag: the house & we happily :notworthy: obey...she was our 'empty nest' baby and now we don't know what we did without her....who ran the house before?! She's our definite 4 legged child that brings :balloons: and :sunny: to our lives!!
Our other animals r not on film :crying: ...2 cats...1 pretty tuxedo, Snuggle; 1 solid...absolutely solid 17lb all muscle most beautiful cat, Moshi...2 birds...one parakeet Chloe, 1 parrotlet..Bo...my sweet, sweet Ruffles died several years ago and he looked almost EXACTLY like your Alfalfa, Gardenia...have u ever found a sweeter bird than a cockatiel?! I miss :verysad: my Ruffles very much...he was very smr & a good talker...all that for another time
Ya'lll enjoy these pics of our baby :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
She doesn't knit...yet...but she loves to sit in my lap when I do, especially afghans bc they get big enough for her to snuggle (all our animals love to snuggle!) down into...then I have to pick out short black hairs...lol...that's okay :thumbsup: bc I :heart: :heart: her and she always takes good care of me...not kidding ...she knows when I don't feel well...dogs (well, my dog....lol) are very intuitive like that
:XX: :frog: that's knitting sally when she's beginning to lean!!

KNITBIT
04-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Hehee Kel!!!!!!!!!!! They're love to give some smooches i'm sure! :heart:

Thanks Jives!!!!! Yours as well!! :thumbsup: Hehe...We'd love to have a black lab too, to have the whole collection..but these 2 keep us pretty busy that's for sure!

How cute all your pets are!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the pics comin' all! :cheering:

btw here's the link to Jack n' Molly's page at Dogster:

http://www.dogster.com/?35627

rebecca
04-26-2005, 02:09 PM
:XX: :XX: hello, hello again....i neglected to mention that my cat, Moshi...is solid WHITE...not just solid :roflhard: So, I decided to take some quick pics of Snuggle & Moshi...but :zzz: my birds are napping and I don't like to remove them from their cages during their naps...mostly bc they don't like it & will bite should they take a notion...I mean...who of us likes to be disturbed from our naps?! :thinking: ....altho, I don't always bite...but it has been known to happen....so...here come my precious kitty cats :D :D

rebecca
04-26-2005, 02:24 PM
FYI....I just :heart: :heart: :heart: ALL of your pets!!! Aren't they wonderful?! I could just have a zoo!! :cheering: :cheering: your babies are just adorable; forgive me, i don't remember the name of tje boxer's owner...but..wow...great dawg (of course...all of the dogs r great, but I've always been partial to boxers...don't know why...never even had one..lol). All of them make me want MORE!! Our :heart: :heart: Sally was 'fixed' in the past few months ....had she not been...we'd have been in large trouble bc we (both of us!!) would have fallen in :heart: with the babies and would have had to keep them all!!. I must say..a plus :cheering: about having a miniature dog...it's always like a puppy!! :D ;) u should see my big 6 ft 4 in husband and this littlew 11lb doxie....they r very funny :roflhard: :roflhard: the dog turns him into puddy quicker than our youngest daughter did...lol...which makes her VERY JEALOUS of the dog ....as if...someone or thing could take her place in 'daddy's eyes'...lol... :roflhard: it's quite funny!! I :heart: :heart: :heart: my babies...especially my doxie bc she is my company when i am home alone......AND....i :heart: ALL of yours, too....this is a great thread...even tho it's non knitting!!!
love to u all & your 'babies'

maniago
04-26-2005, 06:43 PM
don't remember the name of tje boxer's owner...but..wow...great dawg

Thank you, George has no idea he is a dog. Below is a link to see the girls.

Amanda

http://www.boxerworld.com/team/maniago/

Sara
04-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh, I'm in love with Amanda's Phoebe! What a face!

KellyK
04-26-2005, 08:30 PM
I have no pic of this, but this post belongs nowhere else but here...

I have realized lately that Sophie has learned to ring the doorbell when she wants to come in from the backyard. :rollseyes:

I have deadbolt locks on front & back gates...NO ONE is climbing my fences.

I let them out & go upstairs to do dishes or whatever, and the doorbell (back doorbell...has a different ring) starts ringing.

I go to the door, wondering WTF, and there's the three dogs, with Sophie in front, looking up at me with their "we're done now" faces. I cant believe that ONE instance of my coming to the door after her accidentally pushing that button has taught her that that's what it's for!

This has happened SEVERAL times in the last three weeks.

My neighbor saw it & asked me...."Kelly, is your dog RINGING THE DOORBELL?!?!" :shock:

Um......yesssss :shifty:

maniago
04-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh, I'm in love with Amanda's Phoebe! What a face!

She is a character, almost died on us when she was a pup. Now she sleeps with my daughter, who is diabetic. Phoebe will let us know when daughters blood sugar is to low and won't leave her if its too high. Boxers are very good family dogs if trained well.

rebecca
04-27-2005, 02:50 AM
maniago....ur girls r lovely, too! just majestic looking dogs, to me...very beautiful. And I truly believe about your dog, Phoebe, and your daughter, Phoebe's baby...dog's r very smart & very intuitive....most people don't give them the credit they deserve!! (of course cats & birds r the same way, i have them, too...but am more of a dog person)
My miniature dachshund, Sally, is always with me....she goes out to play, etc...does dog stuff...but...I have health problems...and she knows full well when I'm having a bad day a literally will NOT leave my side...I practically have to kick her out to potty...lol...but she goes about and does her lady like :oops: business & comes directly back in...when, on good days...she likes to spend time outdoors chasing dragonflies and what not!!.....so....u thank God for your Phoebe as she cares for your baby!!
And Kelly..... :roflhard: :roflhard: I TRULY believe that...dogs r verfy, very SMART, people will say stuff about 'dumb mutts' and what not....I think that they r the dumb mutts...lol!! When Lonnie (DH) is taking his a.m. shower & Sally thinks he's been in there too long, she gets her little dog bed, brings it down the hall & waits outside the bathroom for Lonnie... :roflhard: can u believe?! One nite not too long ago Lonnie called me (it was past Sally's bedtime...which in her life...means EVERYBODY'S bedtime) as he was working on the computer...I came down the hall & what do I see...my little doxie in her bed...that she had brought out of the bedroom & down the hall so she could sleep by her Lonnie Daddy!! :zzz:
So...yeah...I KNOW your dogs r ringing the doorbell....next thing u know...they'll be ringing it & running & :roflhard: at u!!!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

feministmama
04-27-2005, 01:04 PM
I have realized lately that Sophie has learned to ring the doorbell when she wants to come in from the backyard. :rollseyes:

THis is so funny/cute!! :lol: Next time someone says animals don't have intelligence just show em yer dogs

KellyK
04-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks, femmy......
(dontcha just LOVE people who add a Y to the end of EVERYONE's name???)

She's a bit too smart for her own good, Id say. I may have to start looking for an agility class or something to focus all that intelligence and energy!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-27-2005, 03:12 PM
A friend from college had a doorbell where the ring was followed by a chorus of 25 ferocious-sounding dogs barking and snarling. That might deter Sophie :D OR you could just disconnect that part of the doorbell :rollseyes:

DH and stanley below!

KellyK
04-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Ohhhhh...Kiiiiiiiiiiitttyyyyyyyyy! bee bee beeeeeee!(look at ME! Im Hilde talking to her cat!!)

gimmesanity
04-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Here are pics of my furbabies. The orange cat is '23'...he was a little greedy when they handed out toes and ended up with some extras (hence the name.) The other kitty is Brutus, my totally spoiled rotten baby.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-27-2005, 11:16 PM
KK, the "b" song is for cheddar not stanley! (evolution of the B: cheddar biscuit... cheddar b... b . see?)

gimmie, i LOVE you kitties! we almost adopted a polydactyl ourselves, but he was happier roaming the neighborhood! the bathroom rug picture is the cutest!

KellyK
04-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Ohhh, CRIKEY, Hilde.....you're SO picky!! :rollseyes:
(Muah!)

amy
04-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Welcome Gimmey! LOVE:heart: the pics of your two cats. The sprawled on the rug pic is so adorable. Is that the other front leg I see peeking out to the right, like a full-out sprawl? That's too much :roflhard:, what a cutie.

Twiggy, cute pics. Hannah is such a pretty dog. She looks so soft and touchable!

Maniago, you lurker you! Welcome! (nearly a month after you've joined!) Cute boxer!

Silver, great twins you have there. Funny pic!

Rebecca, Sally is adorable. She's got the face of a true sweetheart. You're cats look very sweet too. :)

KellyK, that is SO FUNNY, about your dog ringing the bell!!! :roflhard: What a riot! My last dog taught herself to open the sliding glass door to let herself out. She would also let the cat out when the cat requested it. :rollseyes: Luckily she was a good dog that listened to us, so she stopped when we told her to, otherwise we'd have frozen our butts off in the winter, with all her opening (but not closing!) the door. LOL.

Hildie, did you kidnap my cat again for your pictures??! I can't get over that resemblance....LOL.

Amy

toto1004
05-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Here's some pictures of my baby ferrets. I love them so MUCH!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/toto1004/kazikaidakohi.jpg

Jivewhistle
05-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh toto, they are all so cute!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: them!!!

amy
05-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Welcome Toto! Ohhhhhhh, what absolute cuties, how cute to see them all cuddled together and tucked in bed. :heart: So cute!!

Amy

toto1004
05-02-2005, 12:42 AM
thank you! This is the best forum ever! plus the video's are so AWESOME!

LisaD715
05-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Here is Solomon (with all the cute lil pet names that go with it). At 7.5, he is the baby, and is a Cocker Spaniel/German Shepard mix. He looks like an overgrown Cocker Spaniel, and weighs about 50 pounds. He is a peanut buter freak (it is his chocolate, and he gets offended if someone else is eating it when he isn't), even has his own jar. He knows how to shake with both paws, and can tell the difference...and is currently learning to play dead. Oh, by the way, he is a momma's boy, and became even more of one when his older brother, my cat, passed away in January.

KellyK
05-02-2005, 07:52 AM
WHAT A FAAAAAACE!!!!!!! :inlove:

Lisa, Im so sorry about your kitty...... (((HUG)))

LisaD715
05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
KellyK, thanks for the sweet wishes. It was very hard, I lost him in Janyary, 22 days before his 15th birthday. He was a purebred Himilayan, chocolate points. I am including a pic of him as well. This was taken a few days before he died. He is laying on the small of my 17 year old son's back. His name was Sinny (Sinbad, but we never called him that).

brendajos
05-03-2005, 12:02 AM
aaaah :heart: my boys :heart: ...unfortunately Spuds (yes he was named by my brother when he was at the Spuds Mackenzie age!) has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. The little one is Sinatra but he rarely gets called that. He knows he is in trouble when he is called by his registered name ;) he is a rotten little shih-tzu who is nuthin' but trouble but cute as a button.

it looks like this thing is gonna post huge but ya know...they are worth it. hehe :sunny:

[image shrunk by mod team. ;)]

KellyK
05-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Lisa...he was BEAUTIFUL! And, quite HAPPY I can see!

And, Brenda....WHAT a DEAR picture!!!

catknit
05-03-2005, 12:37 PM
I love seeing everyone's pets! Here are my babies. They are from the same litter (sisters).
But Daisy (the white one) is double the size of Jessie now.

And they were named after the characters from The Dukes of Hazzard...and now I have a nephew named Luke!

suziehomemaker
05-08-2005, 10:17 AM
These are my loving cats. The grey is Samson and the tortie is Gracie, they are brother and sister and are never apart.

KellyK
05-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I SO miss having a cat!!! :(
They are LOVELY, Suz!

suziehomemaker
05-08-2005, 01:01 PM
I went without a cat for the 4 years in college and as soon as we bought our house I had to have 2! Now I will never not have them. They are so loving and really help make my home feel like a home. Plus they curl up on my lap and keep me warm in the winter!

Rorshach
05-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Yet another cat person, here's a couple of pics of my Bombay, Osiris, and my calico, Mya.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-10-2005, 10:15 PM
yay kitties!!!!! here's mine again! (i know you all forgot what they look like) And my dog from back home!

LisaD715
05-12-2005, 01:54 AM
I MISS having a cat. I am just not to the point of being over my hurt from losing Sinny. I know if I ever have another, it will be another Himilayan, they are such personalities!!!! Sinny never met a stranger and he loved to shine peoples shoes. The first time I gave him catnip, he actually DROOLED.....I kid you not!!

Scratch the pups and kitties for me....

KellyK
05-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Lisa, I know it's a very PERSONAL decision, but I can tell you in my own experience, when my Katie died, the only thing that got my through was having Maddie here...and when Maddie wouldn't play with me (despite my best crawling, "wuffing" and "play bowing") and wasnt getting any exercise, I brought Sophie home from a local shelter. It felt SO GOOD to get to know another furry little soul! Training a new puppy gave me something else to concentrate on, and, Ive found I now have an even DEEPER relationship with my animals, which I feel I OWE to Katie.

My advice to you is to just start looking at Petfinder.com. You CAN search by breed. Read the stories, look at the kitty-faces.

I cant imagine living in a fur-less house!

KNITBIT
05-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Hi all....

Got Kitty pics on my blog.... :shock: (finally. ugh.)

KNITBIT's BLOG-A-THON! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1035&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

Stacy
05-16-2005, 03:35 PM
We have five dogs, two English shephards and three shelties. The two sable shelties, Sadie and Miranda, are 11 years old. I've had them since they were pups. We adopted Kaeliegh, the tri-sheltie, a year ago. We think she is about three. (Kaeliegh is not in the first picture.) The boys, Bailey and Tucker, are English shephards and they are 3 years old.

Stacy

brookenic
05-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh They are all so beautiful. And you too. :D

KellyK
05-16-2005, 08:10 PM
They all MATCH! :rofling:

They are GORGEOUS....you must have a HUGE property to fit all those pooches in! I thought I was bad with THREE!

amy
05-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Lisa, your puppy photo is soooo cute. Sorry to hear about Sinny. :( I lost my dog in January; it's so hard to loose a beloved pet.

Hilde, my dog was named Burmy, but we called her "the BooBoo." I posted a couple of pics of her on page 7 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=899&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90).

Catnik, your Daisy is another Charlotte look-alike.

Suzie, your cats are so cute together!

Rorshach, I don't know if I could handle having my feet attacked in the darkness! :shock: Hope your cat's over that habit!

Stacy, your dogs are gorgeous.

Rorshach
05-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Rorshach, I don't know if I could handle having my feet attacked in the darkness! :shock: Hope your cat's over that habit!

:lol: well, actually no, Amy, he's not, still like to pounce on feet in the darkness, and even worse, he's got a clean foot fetish. He like to wrap himself around mine and my wife's feet whenever we come out of the shower. what's worse, is that he's taught all the other cats to do the same thing if he's not up to it.

amy
05-16-2005, 09:16 PM
He's taught the other cat's to follow suit? :rollseyes: Oh man! The cuddling part doesn't sound too bad; as long as they don't trip you! This all sounds like footage (no pun intended) that could be on that funny cat video Femmy linked to.

Rorshach
05-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Could be, though I'm in the midst of writing about my black cat's antics in a book called "Tails of a Cat Nip Junkie" Basically a book told from my cat, Osiris', point of view.

LisaD715
05-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks ya'll for the sweet thoughts!! I agree, I would not like havinga fur-less house, but my Mander pup (Solomon) is a JOY!! I love him to pieces. He is my dog (meaning I am his chosen person) he sleeps next to me, where I am, he is, etc...

I love getting to see your beloved pets!! All of them are wonderful!! Please give lots of scratches and loving from me!!

LisaD715
05-21-2005, 12:12 PM
As pet people, we have all had this...

A Dog's New Year Resolutions
1. I will not play tug-of-war with Daddy's underwear when he's on the can.

2. I will remember the garbage collector is NOT stealing our stuff.

3. I will not suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.

4. I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.

5. I will shake the rainwater out of my fur BEFORE entering the house.

6. I will not eat the cat's food, before, or after, he eats it.

7. I will stop trying to find new places on the carpet when I am about to throw up.

8. I will not throw up in the car.

9. I will not roll on dead things.

10. I will stop considering the cat's litter box as a cookie jar.

11. I will not wake up Mommy by putting my cold, wet nose up her bottom end.

12 . I will not chew my human's toothbrush and not tell them.

13. I will not chew crayons or pens, especially not the red ones, or my people will think that I am hemorrhaging.

14. When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down when it's raining outside.

15. I will not drop soggy tennis balls in the underwear of anyone who is sitting on the can.

16. We do not have a doorbell. Therefore, I will not bark each time I hear one on the television.

17. I will not steal my Mommy's underwear out of the laundry basket and then dance all over the back yard with them.

18. I will remember the sofa is not a face towel and neither are Mommy's & Daddy's laps.

19. I will remember my head does not belong in the refrigerator.

20. I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for Mommy's driver's license and car registration.

LisaD715
05-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Rules Cats Live By
BATHROOMS:
Always accompany humans to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything. Just sit and stare.

DOORS:
Do not allow any closed doors in any room. To get door open, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws.

Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season.

CHAIRS AND RUGS:
If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, shag is good.

When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so it is as long as a humans bare foot.

HAMPERING:
If one of your humans is engaged in some activity and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping," otherwise known as "hampering." Following are the rules for "hampering:"

1) When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted.

2) For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book,unless you can lie across the book itself.

3) For paperwork, lie on the work in the most appropriate manner so as to obscure as much of the work as possible or at least. Pretend to doze, but every so often reach out and slap the pencil or pen.

4) When a human is holding the newspaper in front of him/her, be sure to jump on the back of the paper. Humans love to jump.

5) When human is working at computer, jump up on desk, walk across keyboard, bat at mouse pointer on screen and then lay in human's lap across arms, hampering typing in progress.

WALKING:
As often as possible, dart quickly and as close as possible in front of the
human, especially on stairs, when they have something in their arms, in the dark, and when they first get up in the morning. This will help their
coordination skills.

BEDTIME:
Always sleep on the human at night so he/she cannot move around.

LITTER BOX:
When using the litter box, be sure to kick as much litter out of the box as
possible. Humans love the feel of kitty litter between their toes.

HIDING:
Every now and then, hide in a place where the humans cannot find you. Do not come out for three to four hours under any circumstances.

This will cause the humans to panic (which they love) thinking that you have run away or are lost. Once you do come out, the humans will cover you with love and kisses and you will probably get a treat.

ONE LAST THOUGHT:
Whenever possible, get close to a human, especially their face, turn around, and present your butt to them.

Humans love this, so do it often. And don't forget guests!

:roflhard:

kitkat
05-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Here is my beautiful boy. He turned 3 on Friday.

KellyK
05-22-2005, 10:37 AM
OMG, LISA... :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

And, Kitkat! What a BEAUTIFUL shiny boy you have!! :inlove:

amy
05-22-2005, 12:01 PM
kitkat, what a handsome boy!

Lisa, I those lists. They had me rolling. :roflhard:

The dog list reminds me of my dog Burmy's proudest moment:
(Knotty Alert)
When I was a college student, and living in a house with other students, one day I came home and one of my male housemates was on his way out. He didn't look me in the eye, which I thought was odd, he seemed somehow uncomfortable. I walked into the house to find that my dog had discovered a new favorite chew toy: my other housemate's...ahem....personal pleasuring device! :shock:

....:roflhard:

KellyK
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
:shock:
OMG Amy!
:shock:

I'd love to hear how you handled that one!!! :roflhard:

amy
05-22-2005, 01:10 PM
LOL. I snuck it back into the bedroom and hoped no one else noticed. :shifty:

Sara
05-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I wonder if your roommate noticed the toothmarks... :roflhard:

ekgheiy
05-22-2005, 03:22 PM
As pet people, we have all had this...
A Dog's New Year Resolutions... etc I remember these days when my Midnight was about. :lol:

ekgheiy
05-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Rules Cats Live By .... etc ... So cats around the world DO communicate with each other? :shock: They all seem to follow the same rules! Oh the wonderful world of unspoken law :roflhard:

BinkyKat
05-22-2005, 04:16 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
hahahahaha!!!!
I KNEW my cat had some sort of Paw-book on how to make your people crazy!
Here's my whacky guy, caught him yawning, laughed so hard at the photo store I paid and left in tears! LOLOL

Jivewhistle
05-23-2005, 12:08 AM
:roflhard: @ those lists LisaD!!!

Kitkat...OMG Beautiful dog!!!

:roflhard: @ Amy's story

Binkykat, thats a hilarious photo of your cat!!

Ok....now I just gotta post some recent pics of Lucy :D

Rorshach
05-26-2005, 01:25 AM
KNOTTY ALERT:

amy,

Or if your housemate did notice, she didn't say anything because she loved the new texture :devil:

The Mod Squad was here! :thumbsup:

LisaD715
07-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Hey.......I found this thread all the way back on page 5!!!!! This will not do. C'mon folks....we need new pet pics here...I know we have new knitters, we have to have new pets too..... :D

SimplyKaar
07-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Not so new knitter but with such a new pet that it's not even at my house yet :D

I'll be moving into my very own little house sometime this summer and both my sister in laws are going to donate their cat to me since it can't live at their house anymore and this is one of them, Willem.
He now lives with my boyfriends sister but he's being terrorised by a young Jack Russell, and I do mean tormented at times. I can't understand why this cat doesn't dig a few nails in the dogs nose but alas, he has never done that so the dog now uses him as a ragdol whenever she can get her mouth on him. Poor kitty :(
So, as soon as I have a house, he can come live with me and live out the rest of his life unmunched upon and in relative peace.

There's not too much to see in this picture but then again, I've been warned that this might be all I get to see of him all day exept when it's time to eat :rofling:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-11-2005, 03:09 PM
ooo this should be the sleeping orange kitties page!

snephenie
07-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Ok...here are my babies....

We live in an apartment so no dog for us...and well since MIL has about 20 cats DH has had a no cat rule for some time.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-18-2005, 06:06 PM
We gave the cats a bath today. I post some pictures on my blog thread. (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26389#26389) PLEASE look at them, they're so funny! You can ignore the boring lengthy saga before the pics. :-)

BinkyKat, i took this pic just because of YOUR picture! I've been creeping around the cats while they're sleeping trying to get a picture of one of them yawning, and I finally did today!

Vendie
07-27-2005, 11:47 PM
great pictures everyone, i'm glad i'm not the only one obsessed with my "practice children"...

and a song that my mom made up for her doggie Jasper, in the tune of the oscar meyer weiner song:

My doggie has a first name,
it's j-a-s-p-rrr
my doggie has a second name,
it's grr-rr-rr-rrrrr

and if you met my doggie,
you'd say he's mighty fine
cuz j-a-s-p-rrr-grr-rrr
is a good boy all the time.
(thank you)

my babies don't have songs, but do have a zillion names...my oldest is Emmie lou, aka barky barkerson; next in line is Frida-bean, aka chunky monkey; and last but certainly not least is Katie-bear aka wookie, aka problem child....

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-28-2005, 12:14 AM
OOOO little miss bear is ADORABLE! I love white puppies!

And be glad that your wedding dress is getting some use! I'm sure the rest of us justahve it "preserved" in the box or shoved in the bag in the back of the closet. It's not like you're going to wear it again, anytime soon anyway... I should drag mine out to let the kitties sleep on! (mine is preserved with cake icing and beer, btw)