PDA

View Full Version : Get to know your knitters

Nuno930
03-17-2005, 04:40 PM
ok so I took the cheesy "get to know you, e-mail everyone on your address list" spam

1) How long have you been knitting?

2) What inspirred you to learn?

3) English or Contiental

4) What was your first project?

5) If #4 was scarf ;) what was your first non-scarf project?

6) What are you working on now?

7) What is something you really, really want to start?

8 ) What is a project you aspire to?

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn?

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen?

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!)

oshnpashn
03-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Ok, I'll bite!!
1) How long have you been knitting? Since last summer regularly. Grandma taught me when I was a kid.

2) What inspirred you to learn? Just decided to!!

3) English or Contiental? English, but someday....

4) What was your first project? squares for an afghan

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project?

6) What are you working on now? Socks, a purse and wash cloths
7) What is something you really, really want to start? T-back sweater, rug

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Anything intarsia, or entrelac

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? Depends on the project.
10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? too many to name

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) Straw.com

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!)
Uh, this is a G rated site right??? LOLOL. I wasn't popular enough with the high school crowd. Hung out with older folks from work.

kimmie
03-17-2005, 04:58 PM

I learned how about 30 years ago, but I didn't love it til about 25 years ago

First I learned in 4-H and then I learned in a high school class

3) English or Contiental

I can do both but English is like comfort food to me. When I am using two colors, then I do both at the same time quite happily.

Mittens

I didn't knit my first scarf until last summer! Now I've knit four of them.

A Booga Bag

The Rogue Hoodie intrigues me...

I'd like to design & make my own Latvian sweater

I don't care for it in comparison to natural fibers, however, there have been times in my life when it was all I could afford, so I used it and my stuff turned out just fine in spite of it.

That is just way too hard to narrow down

the Celtic Knot sweater

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!)[/quote]

I went to a huge school and was not popular enough to be voted "most likely to be..." anything. Luckily, I was least likely to care.
:) kimmie

Nicoley
03-17-2005, 05:01 PM
its not easy being cheesy ;)

1) How long have you been knitting?<-- the right way? about 2 hours? it took me an hour to try and knit holding the string right but in the end i gave up i am not ment to hold the string all pretty like in the videos my monkey hands wont allow it lol...... the wrong way? since january of this year...

2) What inspirred you to learn? <--- i go threw phases of *want*... a year or so ago i *wanted* to learn to knit so i bought a red heart kit .. it came with needles a booklet and some other stuff... after i got it my attention went to quilting i *wanted* to quilt... got stuff got 5 pages into a "quilting for dummies book" and i didnt want to do that anymore... so in january i found my needles and decided i wanted to learn that again... i learn it all backwards (but made 2 hats and a scarf tube which was cool) than my brain snaped into crochet mode... and now im back trying to learn it all again lol :thumbsup:

3) English or Contiental <--- i cant hold the damn yarn... STUPID MONKEY FINGERS!

4) What was your first project? <--- the wrong way? i made a scarf for my sister but it was stocknit and its a tube that couldnt be straigtened and now its lost somewhere in that place where all the left socks go... the right way? nothing yet... im just praticeing

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? <--- non scarf was a hat to match the scarf tubey.... it was pretty the seam was bad though... my second hat was better seamed

6) What are you working on now? <--- pratice swatches

7) What is something you really, really want to start? <--- in the stich n bitch nation book i got the other day they have little cat mice .... kitty only has 900 toy mice... she *NEEDS* some knitted ones lol

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? <--- i would just like to make something nice...

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? <--- i like it... its nice

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? <--- i never thought about it... i guess i dont have any... i havent really learned all i need to learn to be able to use them

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) <--- see above

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!)<---- no one knew who i was in highschool... almost as if i was painted the same colors as the wall behind me

:happydance:

javede
03-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Since last august/september
a pack of needles on a fleamarket screaming my name
3) English or Contiental
Continental and Combined
A scarf on size 6 needles!
a bag
a sommertop, cardigan, sweater, pillow, wrap-top, lase shawl
a net pullover I wanted to do since october
a funky cabled sweater from Rebecca
Never touched it since it's not available here
the wrap-top from rebecca I'm currently knitting
I like soooooo many...
Bill-Gates-heiriss, handmodel
No, wasn't too popular either, but everyone was given a job perspective

ekgheiy
03-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Sorry my answers are short. I've completed the damn thing TWO TIMES before my browser crashed TWO TIMES. I have lost my "Ef-Yoo-See-Kay-Eye-En-Gee" patience! :twisted:

Summer 05 will make 6 years

I wanted a hobby

3) English or Contiental
English all the way!

Scarf

Hat

Afghan and baby blanket

I typed a list twice. My browser crashed twice. Sorry, but I’m not typing it again. Rest assured though that the list is LONG!!!

See # 7

I have nothing against Red Heart. I am not a yarn snob. I have not had a bad experience with Red Heart.

I don’t have a “favorite”.

same as #10
I wasn’t voted as anything; I was not popular enough.

ekgheiy runs out of the room screaming, looking for the nearest computer to pour corrosive ACID all over and expose to massive amount of magnetic energy

beldaraan
03-17-2005, 06:34 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? since January 2005

2) What inspired you to learn? Mom, a good friend, a long standing yearning just to do it

3) English or Continental - continental baby

4) What was your first project? vw hat

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? haven't made one scarf yet

6) What are you working on now? socks

7) What is something you really, really want to start? sweaters, omg, so many sweaters

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Bust shaping. I need to conquer seaming projects and master fair isle too.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? my lys doesn't sell it (does that make me a yarn snob??)

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Rowan Maggie Sweater (http://www.knitrowan.com/html/pattern_results.asp?type=&keyword=&complexity=&productCode=&category=Women&StartAt=8), Lana Grossa (Cardigan (http://lanagrossa.com/service/mdm/03_2005/index.html) and Rebecca Ribbed Sweater (http://www.rebecca-online.com/en/anleit/heft_09_anl_25.pdf).

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) la dee dah dee dah (http://www.knitlist.com/01gift/Seamless.htm)

Probably voted to be a life long nerd, loser, etc. I hated high school and it hated me back too. As it turns out, I have so far become a post secondary graduate with 2 degrees, a wife, a mother and good friend and the laugh lines are there to prove it. So what the hell do they know?!

ladyindica2000
03-17-2005, 08:02 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? Since this past November.

2) What inspirred you to learn? My sister begged me to take a crochet class. I did, but then realized I prefered knit patterns to crochet ones.

3) English or Contiental? I can do both, but I prefer English.

4) What was your first project? Scarf. Isn't everyones? :)

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? A poncho.

6) What are you working on now? Um, I have a 2nd sock on the go, a sweater sleeve, and a baby hat.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? The Rogue Hoodie... I am just waiting for my yarn to get here.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Rogue Hoodie. After that, I think I am going to try the waterfall throw from LionBrand.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I think it is fine for some things, like baby hats and booties. But I wouldn't wear it.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I love the Waterfall (or fall) throw by LionBrand.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? The poncho pattern I made from Berroco. I love my poncho!!

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) I don't remember. :)

KNITBIT
03-17-2005, 09:34 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? late December '04

2) What inspirred you to learn? I had ALWAYS wanted to learn (15 yrs. or so) but thought it would be too complicated.

3) English or Contiental?CONTINENTAL,...I'm a hard core lefty..so this works out PERFECT for me :)

4) What was your first project? Scarf

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? Poncho for my daughter.

6) What are you working on now? I'm making 2 pairs of babie booties for my friend she's having twins (boy, girl) and also another pair for my brother...he and his wife are expecting a lil boy in June.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? After the booties..i want to start on the Martha Poncho.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Doing some cabling, afgans w/ cables, sweaters, intarsia,..maybe some fair isle

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? Have only used it once for practice in the beginning when I started..so no opinion really..

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I love the Ugg booties, and baby hat set. Probably make those after the Martha Poncho. Hehe..got plenty of babies to knit for.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? Umm, the lion baby booties, TOO CUTE!!

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) ?????

kmmcall
03-17-2005, 09:57 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? 20+ years

2) What inspirred you to learn? When my mom was pregnant with my little brother she was starting knitting baby sweaters. I just loved to watch her...

3) English or Contiental English

4) What was your first project? Pot holder

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? 1st non boring project was a sock...I say 'a' sock because I never finished the 2nd sock!

6) What are you working on now? A Debbie Bliss baby blanket

7) What is something you really, really want to start? Another baby sweater

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Sweater using 'charting' for a todler

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? It's ok for some things that I don't want to spend a lot of money on...holiday scarf that I'm only going to wear once!

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Too many to list.

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!).I wasn't voted most likely to be anything...

kathyb2004
03-18-2005, 01:12 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? On and off for a few years but "serious - everyday knitting" since about September 2004.

2) What inspirred you to learn? I crochet, cross stitch, paint ceramics, woodburn, etc. but I was watching an episode of Carol Duvall and she was knitting a dishcloth so .... I decided to pick up my knitting needles again and now I can't put them down!

3) English or Contiental - English but over the weekend I learned to knit continental (now I have to work on purling).

4) What was your first project? I took the pattern for the dish cloth and just kept going and ended up with a lap blanket. My mother-in-law loves it and uses it every day.

5) If #4 was scarf Wink what was your first non-scarf project?

6) What are you working on now? A pair of socks, a Boa yarn scarf, a shawl, and a pair of slippers.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? A felted handbag

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? A sweater. Any sweater.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I agree with others - it's good for some projects but not for others. I have learned some of the differences between yarns since I've started knitting again. I didn't realize there was a difference.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? My largest "Favorites" file is my knitting patterns file

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I find new ones every day! :shock:

MommaBear
03-18-2005, 01:14 AM
I'll play along!

1) How long have you been knitting? About a year and a half!
2) What inspirred you to learn? to make baby booties for a friend expecting baby number 1
3) English or Contiental? English
4) What was your first project? A block for the Warm Up America (http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/warmup.html)
6) What are you working on now? A baby blanket (http://cuteandcrafty.blogspot.com) and a scarf
7) What is something you really, really want to start? A cardigan for myself
8 ) What is a project you aspire to? I don't know!
9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I've used it before :D
10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? hmmm .... there is a book with a cable-knit cardigan and matching blanket for a little girl! Of course, now I can't remember the book title ... but it's pretty!
11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? I don't know!
12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) Ummm ... nothing really!

peev
03-18-2005, 03:29 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? ~ I learnt when I was a child, but this time round, a few months

2) What inspirred you to learn? ~ A friend inspired me to take it up again.

3) English or Contiental ~ English

4) What was your first project? ~ Scarf (in Sirdar Fizz)

5) If #4 was scarf ;) what was your first non-scarf project? ~ Cat toy (which was basically a square folded) and the ribbed-edge hat from here

6) What are you working on now? ~ A skinny elongated stitch scarf

7) What is something you really, really want to start? ~ A knitted handbag - I have the wool and handles, so as soon as my scarf is done, I'm off.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? ~ Knitty's Belle Epoque 'dress' - gorgeous but way beyond me

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? ~ No idea what it's like

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? ~ The Belle Epoque pattern is nice.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) ~ Don't know yet - haven't knitted enough

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? ~ Nope - we didn't have this at my school (I'm from the UK)

carollovesyarn
03-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey Nik, where's yours?

I like cheese...

1) How long have you been knitting? Since I taught myself in April 2004

2) What inspirred you to learn? 3 things: I was going through a period of intense anxiety; I like being creative and making things and I had a lot of 'dead' time waiting, waiting, waiting...; I bought a bunch of needles at an estate sale and I like to think the deceased passed on her love of knitting to me even though I never knew her.

3) English or Contiental Continental-ish (I don't pick, I wrap)

4) What was your first project? Besides a simply knitting the whole skein in random practice stitches? I made a light yellow bunny (http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm)! He was really just a square.

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? Meema's Felted Tote from Stitch 'n Bitch. Status: knitted, felted, awaiting liner still!

6) What are you working on now? Uh...lining the purse with some wickedly appropriate fabric. Knitting-wise, I'm making the Deco-ribbon Bag (http://straw.com/cpy/patterns/deco_knit_bag.htm) for my mom, a Deco-ribbon bag for me in a mini backpack shape, my first scarf for me out of bulky handspun and Honeymoon Cami (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATThoneymoon.html)(KAL on knitty.com).

7) What is something you really, really want to start? Clapotis (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html).

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Any sweater, cables, lace.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I've used it to make Mr. Flurry (http://www.crochetandknitting.com/psearch.htm). It has its uses!

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? So far, ?

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) Fuzzy Feet (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html)!

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) I was a ghost. Everyone thought I was a brainy nerd. See my signature below? ;)

KellyK
03-18-2005, 08:52 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? 2 months

2) What inspirred you to learn? My chihuahua...I want to make him a sweater that actually fits and covers his little puppy-butt so he will no longer have to sport the "Donald Duck" look.

3) English or Contiental? English, but Im trying to become comfortable with cont, as well....I didnt feel so bad after seeing that EVERYONE on Knitty Gritty "throws" their yarn....

4) What was your first project? A life-sized replica of the Taj-Mahal that, when completed, looked oddly like a SCARF.

5) If #4 was scarf ;) what was your first non-scarf project? A set of matching hats for my niece and her baby doll.

6) What are you working on now? A basketweave dishcloth...this is SO much harder than I thought it would be! It took me half the dishcloth to get the rhythym of the pattern. AND, I have a matching baby blanket and hat that are awaiting the arrival of Denises, see below.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? A 30 x 50" loop st bathrug....Im only waiting for the delivery of my yarn and Denises from Canada! It's taking SOOOOO long! I think it's coming by messenger GOOSE! There is also some wool in my drawer that wants to be hats for my husband & brother.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? I can't wait to make my first sweater...I find Im a little afraid of arm holes, but Im not sure why....Ive never been abused by armholes or anything. Also, along with my goose-delivered rug yarn, I should be getting some self-patterning sock yarn. Im looking forward to that! OH...and, cant wait for my first cabled project!

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? eh *shrug*

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? It would have to be the "Willy Warmers", just because they make me giggle.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? I really dont know...Im easily amused, so I like everything. But, I do like alot of the Berrocco sweater patterns, because they have a bit of waist shaping and the patterns are translated for women with "more to love".

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? I was voted "most likely to be exactly the same in 10 years", and I guess they were right. I was a cheerleader (not the bubble-headed kind) and I was always very happy-go-lucky and a bit goofy. :happydance: I guess Im just about the same way now, *mumble*16*mumble* years later. Also, I look pretty much the same (my mom looks young for her age, too) but without the HORRIBLE (I repeat HORR-I-BLE) late 1980's BIG HAIR :shock:

franna724
03-18-2005, 10:03 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? ABOUT 6 MONTHS

2) What inspirred you to learn? I WENT WITH MY HUBBY TO THE CRAFT STORE AND STARTED WANDERING AROUND. I JUST GOT IT INTO MY HEAD THAT I WANTED TO KNIT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY, BUT NOW I'M ADDICTED

3) English or Contiental I THINK IT'S ENGLISH, BUT I DON'T HOLD THE YARN BETWEEN MY FINGERS. I KIND OF JUST HANGS, BUT IT WORKS FOR ME

4) What was your first project? ASIDE FROM PRACTICE SWATCHES, I STARTED WITH A DISHCLOTH

SCARF WAS ACTUALLY MY 4TH PROJECT

TEMPTING FROM KNITTY (MY FIRST SWEATER), WINTER ACCESSORIES FOR CHURCH CHARITY

KNITTING SWEATERS, MASTERING CABLES, LEARNING TO FELT

I WANT TO FINISH MY FIRST SWEATER :D

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I'M NOT A YARN SNOB. I COVET THE "FANCY" YARNS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, BUT I DON'T LIVE CLOSE TO A LYS AND WITH MY DAUGHTER READY TO START PRIVATE SCHOOL, I DON'T HAVE MUCH MONEY. I'VE USED IT BEFORE AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS. AS LONG AS YOU'RE HAPPY WITH YOUR YARN, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS

TEMPTING FROM KNITTY; BUT I'VE NEVER ACTUALLY PURCHASED A PATTERN BOOK

I GET A LOT OF FREE PATTERNS FROM POSTINGS HERE AND KNITTER'S REVIEW FORUM

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) PRESIDENT! VERY FUNNY, CONSIDERING THAT I WAS ONE OF THE LEAST OUTGOING KIDS IN SCHOOL.

gardenia
03-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Nik, this is a great idea. Thanks for starting it.

I've been knitting on and off for about 2 years now (mostly off for the last year).

Hmmm. I think it was my boss at the time, who has been knitting for a long time and makes beautiful things.

3) English or Contiental

English. That's how I learned, and I don't see myself changing for the sake of change. English feels good and works for me.

A very simple tassel hat from Knitting for Dummies.

N/A

I'm finishing up a wool watch cap for my father and playing around with a cotton dish cloth. I like to have more than one project going at a time.

I am anxiously awaiting the Summer tank knit-a-long, which will be my first sweater AND my first item made just for ME. :cheering:

Anything other than hats and scarves, at this point. Sweaters, I guess. Oh, any of the beautiful, free sweater patterns on Marnie's web site.

I have no problem with less expensive yarns. But, when I have tried to knit with plain acrylic recently, it seems too sticky for me (and I love to knit on metal needles, so they are not usually sticky). I think Red Heart is fine, depending on the project. I find it difficult to knit with and would avoid it for myself. I certainly don't look down on folks who like to knit with it or can't afford better yarn.

That's a hard question! I like most of what is in Rowan's Spring/Summer '05 magazine. I like this sweater a lot: Marianne (http://www.knitrowan.com/html/magazines_slide_show.asp?productCode=ZM37&serial=59&slideSerial=476).

I love all of Marnie's free patterns, like Evening Diamonds (http://www.marniemaclean.com/patterns/Diamonds/images/FullFront01.jpg). They are way beyond my skill level, but one day...

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!)[/quote]

Woo, this is a scary one. I wasn't voted most likely to "be" anything, BUT I was voted "most artistic" and "most individualistic." That was in the early eighties, so let your imagination go wild with the new wave haircut and such. 8-)

jeanelaina
03-18-2005, 02:38 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? --Jan 2005

2) What inspirred you to learn? - It just looked cool

3) English or Contiental -English

4) What was your first project? -The fireworks scarf

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? --hot head hat

6) What are you working on now? --trying to learn intrasia and the kitty hat

7) What is something you really, really want to start? -a sweater

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? --anything with CABLES!! Just to see if I can do it.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? -never used it. I love Rowan and brown sheep

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? don't have one

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) -most things on knitty.com rock.

Didn't do much with the high school crowd, prefered to do my own thing. :D

foothills
03-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:40 pm Post subject: Get to know your knitters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so I took the cheesy "get to know you, e-mail everyone on your address list" spam

1) How long have you been knitting? 4 months-I walked into the new yarn shop and asked if someone could show me how to knit and became addicted right away, which is how I found Amy's site!

2) What inspirred you to learn? I have always wanted to learn to knit and saw that a new lys was opening and my main goal was to learn to knit a scarf...needless to say, I became addicted and can't get enough yarn or enough knowledge!

3) English or Contiental -Continental

4) What was your first project? A scarf which I gave to my daughter-in-law.

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? A Fiber Trend totebag...the medium size and it seemed like it took me forever (3 weeks of working on it sporadically)

6) What are you working on now? A handbag and a small bunny for my 17 month old grandson.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? Another handbag or 10 and more scarves using various types of stitches for practice.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? I'd like to knit a sweater...I think.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? Never used it.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I don't think that I have a favorite...I like collecting most of them in the event I have the urge to use one of them for a future project.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) Booga Bag

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) No one can believe that I'm still long enough to be knitting...It has been a joy to learn and I love it when I see the finished product.

RachelJean
03-18-2005, 05:44 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? I learned from my Grandmother when I was a teen, but I was never very good at it. I recently started again and have been at it about three months.
2) What inspirred you to learn? My DD got a learn to knit kit for Christmas, and in the process of teaching her how, I became addicted myself.
3) English or Contiental? English, but aspire to learn continental some day
4) What was your first project? An afghan ... still working on it - it's 63 different squares and I'm on #8.
6) What are you working on now? See #4.
7) What is something you really, really want to start? A sweater for myself, a hand bag, and maybe the Martha poncho.
8 ) What is a project you aspire to? I'd love to learn fair isle or intarsia some day.
9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I'm using it right now for my afghan - it comes in a lot of colors and it's nice and inexpensive for a first project.
10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I saw a pattern/kit for a handbag that is really pretty on ozeyarn.com.....I really want it but it's not cheap.
11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? The Martha poncho I guess.
12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) Nothing...I think I was just part of the woodwork - I hated high school and would rather forget the whole thing!

twiggyann
03-18-2005, 05:52 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? About a month now

2) What inspirred you to learn? There was a sock knit-along on the forum I belong to for soaping and knitting sounded like a challenge. I didn't do the sock but I learned how to knit.

3) English or Contiental Continental. As a leftie, it just feels more natural and I didn't want to have to reverse all the instructions on top of having to learn how to knit by using left handed knitting.

4) What was your first project? Scarf

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? A hat knitted flat.

6) What are you working on now? A vest

7) What is something you really, really want to start? I'd really like to learn how to do socks but dpn's and circular needles scare me.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? socks

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I don't really have a view on it. I have lots of it from crocheting days, but it seems less easy to work with on knitting needles than a crochet hook.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I haven't looked at any except basic ones

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I like the Lion site

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) nope

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-18-2005, 10:30 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? Since Nov of 2003

2) What inspirred you to learn? My best girlfriend learned how, and she taught me

3) English or Contiental I'm a conti who throws

4) What was your first project? uhm, it wasn't really a project, more like a "thingy." I made lots of "thingys" at first, because I sucked so bad hahaha. The first actual project I started and completed with a purpose in mind was a scarf for my :heart: mom :heart:

5) If #4 was scarf ;) what was your first non-scarf project? a mitten, then a bag

6) What are you working on now? more bags... i've made a few boogas, and the felted tote in S&B. I've totally got the felting fever. I'm also working on the matching mitten to my first non-scarf project :oops: , a do-over of a hat, and an illusion scarf... i recently finished my pink KAL scarf for breast cancer awareness month-- it's a variation of elongated stitch.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? well, it's not necessarily something to "start" it's more like I want to start FINISHING what I *do* start... I have a problem with abandoning projects because I get bored too easily; that's why i mostly knit small stuff. I started a hoodie for DH like a year ago, and there it sits with half of the back done and nothing else :|. This comes partially from being a voluptuous woman, and partially from slight mania ;-)

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? multi-colored intarsia, designing my own patterns, and sticking with a sweater project long enough to finish it

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I'm a yarn snob... RH is too squeaky IMO. I did learn on it though! I do like RH needles, purrrrrty colors

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I've seen lots of patterns I like! I have a binder full of printouts, and shelves full of books. The one I most want to try is a flouncy openwork tunic, from a plus size sweater book, but I know I'll never finish it... but I take it out to look at every once in a while.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) booga bag

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? Not voted anything in HS... I wasn't friends with too many kids in my class (thanks to band, musicals, and choir, which ruled my life). I was voted "most likely to be sent to the principal's office" at a staff meeting a few months ago... apparently the rest of the staff thinks I'm naughty :shock: :twisted:

ctate
03-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Okay, you asked for it... :XY:

About a week and a half! :D

2) What inspired you to learn?
My wife learned from her grandmother years ago, and picked up the needles again recently. I've always been a handy sort of guy -- tablet weaving and calligraphy when I was in school, volunteering with Habitat for Humanity to build houses, all kinds of stuff -- and, well, I caught the bug. Then, when googling around for yarn places, I found Knitty (http://www.knitty.com/) and KnittingHelp (http://www.knittinghelp.com/), and it was all over....

3) English or Continental
Continental. My wife knits English, but somehow the left-hand yarn holding technique seemed more my style.

A swatch with a bunch of stuff, just to get used to the stitches: a half dozen rows of garter stitch, then a couple of repeats of stockinette checkerboard (cast on a multiple of 8 stitches; rows 1-4: [K4 P4] to end of row, rows 5-8 [P4 K4] to end of row; repeat rows 1-8 however many times you want), then some straight stockinette, then some more garter but playing with things like kbl and kfb and k2tog (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/abbreviations_explained/).

Err, i'm doing a classic dishrag (http://majorknitter.typepad.com/photos/patterns/dishrag_and_magazine_photo.html) now to play with increases and decreases some more; it's the only thing i've done since my first play swatch!

See #5.

Either the Knitty Topsecret Sweater (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATTtopsecret.html) for my wife, or (more likely, for Easter) the awesome little knitted bunny (http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm) from Heartstrings FiberArts.

Clapotis (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html)! I was especially blown away by the one in Mountain Colors "Rimrock." (http://fiberphile.typepad.com/photos/fo/dscn1104.html)

Never used it. If you like it, great. If you don't like it, please lay off and be nice to the people who do.

Clapotis (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html)!

Clapotis (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html)! ;)

Nope, not most likely to be anything. One o' the "smart kids" crowd, and therefore not in the popularity running. I think I turned out okay, though. :thumbsup:

Nuno930
03-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Ok I finally got a second to do mine

A few months

Sheer bordom I think. I also needed a cheap hobby... little did I know this was far from a cheap hobby, but alas it is to late to stop

3) English or Contiental
English

Go-Go Garter Scarf

Baby Ugg booties

Nothing :(

Cleo from Knitty... but I am fundaly challenged at the moment

I want to make a diaper cover for my daughter withh Intarsia on it #38.

I :heart: it. Poor Red gets such a bad wrap. I don't think she is cheap, she just gets around

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/PATTcleo.html

Ooooops... that question was supposed to be free pattern SITE. Not just pattern. that would be knitty.com
12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting)

Hahaha, ok I was voted most likely to drop out of society to tour with a band :thumbsup:

kitkat
03-20-2005, 11:42 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? Since the end of December!

2) What inspirred you to learn? Fun yarns, scarves and sweaters

3) English or Contiental ...English but I should be continential

4) What was your first project? ....but of course....a scarf!

6) What are you working on now? an afghan throwie thing, a washcloth, and several scarves....and trying to decide on an easy sweater pattern.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? See above, a sweater

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Ribbi Cardi

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? It definitely has its place and uses. I do love the pricey stuff, but I always check out the cheapies too....

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Klaralund

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) that shaped tank one I think

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) I dont think we did that!

knittergirl
03-23-2005, 01:56 AM

Since Nov 2003

Was a crocheter (sp?) since the age of 7ish, and was intrigued by the idea of using two sticks instead of one.

3) English or Contiental--

Due to wrist injury when I was four, a weird English-thrower. But hey, it gets the job done,

The wrist warmers from SnB. (Intarsia and all.)

5) If #4 was scarf, what was your first non-scarf project? N/A

A "white winter set" (hat, scarf and mittens) to replace the one my grandma lost when she was 12.

Anything and everything.

An aran afghan for my mom. (I just don't have the patience.)

It's what I started on. It's great when it's the best you can afford or if you have allergy concerns. I use a lot of other yarns now, but some types of RH are really impressive anymore.

Pasha the Penguin from Knitty.com

www.knitty.com as well as www.knittingpatterncentral.com

I was voted "Most Likely to Succeed", if that counts.

--Casey
:XX:

ashley
03-24-2005, 02:01 AM
sorry, i hit back and it adds my post again. :oops:

ashley
03-24-2005, 02:05 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? about 7 months

2) What inspirred you to learn? I was visiting my grandmother one weekend and she was knitting a sweater and i thought...hey! i can do that. so she gave me some needles and we went and bought some yarn...yay!

3) English or Contiental? Continental.

4) What was your first project? A tube scarf turned into a wine carrier.

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? butterfly dishcloth

6) What are you working on now? the sheep in the city scarf

7) What is something you really, really want to start? the honeymoon cami

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? the honeymoon cami. I havent done something you actually need to have fit yet.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I havent ever knit with them.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Oooh there are soo many.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I like knitty.com and once again there are TONS

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) i was voted wildest and craziest. Definitely not the sweet innocent little knitter.

ashley
03-24-2005, 02:06 AM
once again, i hit back... :oops:

DotMom61
03-24-2005, 12:38 PM

Well, seriously for about 2-3 months, but my Swedish grandmother taught my sister and I how to knit 30 years ago or so.

My son. We homeschool, and we were looking for an "art" topic to study, and this is what we came up with. Also, after deciding to look into knitting, we discovered Kids Knitting by Melanie Falick. The easy instructions and attractive projects were inspiring to me.

3) English or Contiental

Continental, but I didn't know that until I went searching on the web to find out what that meant, and -- lo and behold -- that's how I found this site! :D

An eyeglass case, of which my daughter took posession shortly after I got it done!

A rug. (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kweq-rug.html)

I really want to make a sweater and a felted tote, but I haven't decided on patterns or yarn yet.

Oh! (I had to come back in and edit to add this) I would love to get ahold of either of Cat Bordhi's "Magical Treasury" books. She's apparently the person who began or perfected the Moebius cast on, and she has some incredible felted things in her latest book. I wish the library had them. I hate buying books I haven't actually looked through yet.

A really pretty, fashionable sweater that doesn't look like I made it. ;)

I guess I don't really have any views on Red Heart. It seems like it could be useful for some things, but if I were going to make a sweater or something, I would probably prefer a more luxurious yarn. My children like Red Heart yarn because I will actually buy it for them to use for various things. :-) It's nice and inexpensive.

I seem to be drawn to felted bags. I really like this Booga Bag (http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html) from Black Sheep Bags and this Lopi Tote (http://www.helloyarn.com/lopitote.htm) from helloyarn.com. I've also found a couple of patterns in books that I've fallen in love with. One is in a book called Knit Wit (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-images/0060740701/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0/103-4735326-2911025?%5Fencoding=UTF8&index=0#gallery), which has some rather unique and interesting patterns, and another is The Knitted Rug (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1579904246/qid=1111681571/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-4735326-2911025?v=glance&s=books). I love the rug on the cover, but would probably make it in different, more earthy, colors.

Ahh ... see above. The first couple I posted from the web are, of course, free. The others are too if you can get the books from the library. :lol:

Hmmm ... we didn't do that at my school, as far as I know. But I'm sure I probably would have been voted most likely to be grammatically correct. :)

yarnpiggy
03-24-2005, 04:52 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? About 6 months

2) What inspirred you to learn? I wanted a new hobby...something to keep my hands busy while I quit smoking--and the classes through local community ed were cheap.

4) What was your first project? Class project--a cabled scarf on size 10.5 needles with Lion Brand Thick & Quick

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? A simple watch cap knitted on straight needles, then sewn together.

6) What are you working on now? An illusion knit scarf with a star pattern in hot pink and bright lime green for my sister. A feather and fan shawl with Lion Homespun yarn.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? I just ordered the yarn for "fuzzy feet." I also want to knit Clapotis or Cozy from Knitty.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? A sweater or some kind of wearable object--something with sleeves and a neck.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I think it's a great inexpensive yarn option. :thumbsup: Yarn snobbery really bums me out...unfortunately, some of us don't have unlimited funds for yarn!

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Probably the illusion knit pattern I'm currently working on. Illusion knitting is super cool and fun--I love that I can do "easy" colorwork (just switching yarn every two rows), but come out with a really cool "hard-looking" result!

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) www.knitty.com has some cool patterns.

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? In my Business Professionals of America group, I was named most likely to succeed.

misstialouise
08-30-2005, 11:32 PM
I just found this, so I thought I'd respond :D

1) How long have you been knitting? On and off since I was about 7, so 22 years. (more off than on, though)

2) What inspirred you to learn? To re-learn? I don't rightly know, but I was keen to make socks.. :D

3) English or Contiental? Originally English, but I'm finding Continental much easier to handle.

4) What was your first project? My first project was a scarf that I frogged so I could use the needles for something else.

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? Finished project? Because you need to be specific!! ;) The first *finished* project was an iPod cover, then a felted handbag. My original one was socks, but I've stopped those as I'm about to do a class on how to knit two at the same time on two circs.

6) What are you working on now? Another bag to felt.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? SOOO many things.. but I'd like to do a nice summer weight top to wear to a concert in a month.. can I do it????

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Lots of baby things ... more because it would mean that I have a baby than the actual knitting. :D

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? Never used it, can't comment.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Belle Epoque from Knitty.com

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) see above.

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) We didn't really do that at school... <shrug> but I was always the creative one.. :D

AidanM
08-31-2005, 01:17 AM
About a week and a half.

Because crochet sweaters are the most godawful pieces of crap I've ever seen. And this is from somebody who adores his crochet.

3) English or Contiental
I hold my yarn in my left hand. It's all different from there.

A hat. I frogged it and I'm re-doing it.

N/A

A freeform scarf combining knit and crochet. It's really fun to be able to just work the yarn and needles without worrying about anything. A dropped stitch? It'll stop once it hits the crochet anyway, why worry? Yay, new design element!

A bomber jacket I saw on Yarn Forward.

Someday I hope to master short-row shaping to make a top for some busty friend or other.

They have some of the nicest, softest, MOST WASHABLE stuff I've ever seen. I love it because it's cheap, but some of their varieties are so luxurious. Not to mention that the same company that makes it also makes TLC yarn which tends to be cushy and softer than the regular red heart but just as strong and reliable. I love it.

The bomber jacket at Yarn Forward. The model in that picture is yummeh. :heart:

See 10.

Still in high school. I'm probably going to be voted Most Likely To Be A Competent Adult. :rofling:

Ellen Edwards
08-31-2005, 01:42 AM
) How long have you been knitting? Off and on--38 years!! :D Mostly off until this year.

2) What inspirred you to learn? Wanting to do needle crafts; my mom taught me embroidery when I was about 6. :heart:

3) English or Contiental --English, but I'd love to do both. :shock:

4) What was your first project? A A Christmas stocking, too many years ago to count. ;)

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? See # 4!
:XX:
6) What are you working on now? A Booga bag--my first felted project, and some socks.(I learned to use dps!! YEA!)
:happydance:
7) What is something you really, really want to start? Hmm, a Fair Isle sweater for my DIL :inlove:

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Same as above. :thinking:

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? uhhh, not if I have other choices, but when I don't , hey, I use it! :blush:

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Haven't found it yet, you know?
:lol:
11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I find at least 5 or 6 everyday on the net! :happydance:

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) A Writer. :roflhard:

KellyK
08-31-2005, 08:18 AM
Because crochet sweaters are the most godawful pieces of crap I've ever seen.
:roflhard: Tell us how you REALLY feel, Aidan! :roflhard:

Someday I hope to master short-row shaping to make a top for some busty friend or other.
Im not sure Ive EVER heard a boy your age use the word "busty" before...I thiks that's SO much better than the alternatives! I hope you start a trend! ;)

Just how CUTE are YOU, friend?!?! :heart:

Ingrid
08-31-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm probably going to be voted Most Likely To Be A Competent Adult. :rofling:

I can't think of a better goal!! It's mine, too actually, and I graduated high school in 1971. :rofling:

gimmesanity
08-31-2005, 09:34 AM
1) How long have you been knitting?about 6 months

2) What inspirred you to learn?I was in the last trimester with my daughter and needed something to take my mind off of how incredibly fat and hippo-like I was feeling

3) English or Contiental continental

4) What was your first project? a scarf...derf.

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? a cashmere hat for dd -she wore it the day she was born.

6) What are you working on now? a dropped-stitch scarf for a co-worker - I'm starting my Christmas presents now, so I don't drive myself mad come December.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? my next scarf: Heart from knitty's breast cancer awareness issue (http://www.marblehead.net/amy/knittyF04surp.pdf)

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? intarsia...soon, one of these days...

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? umm, I learned on it. I'm not crazy about it; it's not as soft as I'd like and it can be kind of sticky. I received several baby blankets made from it, though, and they're the best. They wash up wonderfully.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Marnie's bella paquita (http://www.marniemaclean.com/patterns/BellaPaquita/index.html) It's beautiful - I'll probably start this after the New Year, though.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) my fav site is knitty.com (http://knitty.com).

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) to become a politician....don't ask.[/b]

dustinac
08-31-2005, 09:35 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? I bought my first needles and yarn on May 21rst... :oops: I wish I remebered this day cause it was my first knitting attempt day but it was the first time my little girl had to be taken to the ER I was so stressed I decided to knit (wanted to for awhile just never took that first step)... thats why I remeber the day..

2) What inspirred you to learn? well I tried crochet a few years ago(wanted to knit but my mom and grandmother did crochet).. my afghan still looks like a very looonnnggggg scarf didn't like it.. and then moved on to primitive stitchery for a local shop.. then Brendajoso got into knitting and that put the idea back in my head... Its your fault Brendajos my closet is full of yarn and I can't sleep anymore cause I'm up finishing things :?eyebrow:

3) English or Contiental? The DVD I got from the library showed English couldn't get it from the video so found Amy's site did English for awhile but just didn't feel comfy with it.. Decided to switch and I like Contiental alot better it feels right for me...

4) What was your first project? A diagonal dishrag : )

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? I just started doing scarfs but I'm having OCD trouble.. I don't like having a wrong side... the zig zag looks good both ways but.. some :shock: just don't look right..

6) What are you working on now? Another baby afhan my third, scarves for Christmas, and a shawl... :shock:

7) What is something you really, really want to start? My dad's scarf for Christmas cause it uses cables and I haven't used them yet... :lol:

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? My son's sweater he wants one but I'm a little skeered to start it and my LYS hasn't got a date for the next Sweater class..

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? My mom and grandmother always used this.. I will use the baby yarns but the other seems to stiff or just not comfy to knit with..

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? A lion brand jacket for my daughter I wanna do that too..

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) The Booga Bag I will one day do my booga bag.. It seems that I haven't made anything for myself its always for others.. maybe after Christmas...

the run-on Queen... or the .... queen... or the type like ya tawlk queen... :lol:

Ingrid
08-31-2005, 09:50 AM
OK, I'll play, too

1) How long have you been knitting? I knit my first stitch in around 1963--on and off every since, more off than on except for the past couple of years--every day.

2) What inspirred you to learn? My friend's mom wanted to give us something to do on a rainy day, so she taught us to knit.

3) English or Contiental- English

4) What was your first project?- a pink bookmark

5) If #4 was scarf Wink what was your first non-scarf project? - a Barbie skirt.

6) What are you working on now? a butterfly shawl, several sweaters, and an afghan are all on the needles.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? Another Fair Isle

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? There is a sweater in the Sweaters from Camp book that's knit in a totally different shape than anything I've ever done. I'm a little intimidated by it just yet.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? It has its place for sure, but I think I've outgrown it.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I fell in love with the celtic sweater from the Camp book and made it already.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) there are so many out there, I couldn't pick a favorite

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) No, they even forgot to put my picture in the yearbook! :(

GlenBoRTR
08-31-2005, 10:17 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? Only a few months... I'm a fast learner though.

2) What inspirred you to learn? A good friend of mine (who has been knitting the same scarf for 8 months), my deceased grandmother (so that I can pass on her tradition), and my 2 pound chihuahua (that desparately needs some sweaters to stay warm).

3) English or Contiental Continental

4) What was your first project? A fun fur scarf.

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? A diagonal Pot Holder.

6) What are you working on now? What AREN'T I working on... 4 scarves, 1 Teddy Bear, 2 Afghans, 1 sweater... It's become an obsession.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? Sam the Ram

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Intarsia

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? It's O.K. for something cheap. but I'd rather get a "nice" yarn that will show off my hard work.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? A really Kewl men's sweater in the latest Ram Wool catalog.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) My Irish Hiking Scarf. It has really nice cables.

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) I didn't stick out in High School, but I was voted "Most Inventive" in college.

jodstr2
08-31-2005, 11:11 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? since mid Dec 2004

2) What inspired you to learn? I watched the knitting group here at work for like, a year (or longer?) and all the cool things they made. I love working with color and I thought, "maybe I can do this..."

3) English or Continental English

4) What was your first project? a Lion Homespun scarf

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? the Vintage Bubble Bag

6) What are you working on now? chevron scarf, bubble bag, kid sweater, Jodi sweater, hat

7) What is something you really, really want to start? another pair of Fiber Trends clogs

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? something with intarsia and fair isle

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? it's fine for blankets and kids' clothes, it's pretty durable, and they've come a LOOOOOONG way with their colorways

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? first ones that come to mind are a few of the Scarf Style patterns - the fair isle jazz one, and that (edit: found the name of it) Color On Color one, and the dragon one

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) haven't tried it yet but Kitty Pi looks fun

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) not voted anything in high school, but was "Most Talkative" in 7th and 8th grades.

MaryS
08-31-2005, 01:42 PM
It's fun to read KK's from 6 months ago and see how far she's come!
Hildie too. I saw KK said she'd only been knitting for two months & went :?? :shock: until I saw the post date.

1. Learned in July 1963. Knit off and on through grade school, high school and college (my best friend also was a knitter). Knit a little (VERY little) while my kids were small, and really got back into it about 4 years ago.

2. My great-aunt would take me to the boardwalk early in the mornings and we'd sit on a bench, knit and watch the ocean while my parents got to sleep in. This is one of my BEST memories.

3. English - and right handed even though I'm VERY left handed.

4. Scarf in variegated green wool - don't have this anymore though.

5. Afghan for my mom for Xmas - kind of a stitch sampler in rainbow colors. She cried when she opened the box that Xmas, and it's still in my parents TV room decades later.

6. Now - Paton's Anna v-neck sweater in Crystal Palace Musique Lagoon for DD. Aran sweater in TLC Cotton blend from a REALLY old Bernat pattern book. Coat length duster style sweater with wooden buttons in Homespun Barrington for other DD. Circus stripe socks for niece in Bernat SOX, (probably with hat to match). Placemat set in S N C buttercream in sand stitch for co-worker wedding.

7. A sweater for DS that he'll ACTUALLY wear! (HE'S picky (18yo) - but I think I finally found the right pattern).

8. To be able to do color work as gorgeous as Ingrid's and Silver's.

9. Red Heart - an OK place to start, good for things needing to be washed a lot, but there's so much else out there!

10. I have way too many. There's one Aran sweater pattern I've knit five times now that I really like.

11. Free patterns - I've seen a lot on knitty.com that I want to do - Soliel, Cozy, Blaze, and more.

12. Most likely to... wasn't official but graduate early. I skipped my junior year of high school and graduated a year early. Yes, I was a nerd, geek, and bookworm. :rollseyes:

Mary

VickiIL
08-31-2005, 02:55 PM

I started Knitting in the Spring sometime. Although I had been taught both knitting and crochet as a kid and didn't like it at all.

Well, I was look at all the fun knitted scarves, ponchos and things that are in the stores everwhere now and thought "I could do that!" I ordered a couple crochet and knitting books from Amazon. The day they arrived I gathered my kids up and was on my way to Micheals or Joann's and I fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle! Bad! So i spent the rest of that day in the hospital. On the way home I made my husband stop by Joann's. He got me one of those complimentary wheel chairs and wheeled me into the yarn section where we picked out a skein of homespun and some needles. (Little did I know how horrible homespun is too work with!)

3) English or Contiental

Right now I knit English but I am working on Continental. I actually can do ok with the knit stitch but struggle purling continental.

A garter stitch scarf

A felted bag.

A hooded poncho for my sister in law for Christmas and a pair of FT Clogs for my DH. I also promised my DD I would make her socks that match the ones I just finished for me. Looks like I have enough yarn left over.

Wow I have so many! I just got a book of stuffed animals in the mail. My girlfriend is having a baby and I thought it would be fun to knit a little toy for Baby to be. After that the list goes on and on and on. I plan on making matching hats, mittens and scarves for the kids.

Someday i will attempt to do fair isle or intarsia.

I haven't used it so I can't say. Although I am not against inexpensive yarn. It certainly has its place.

So many I couldn't say.

Same as number #10! How do you pick a favorite! I generally look here and knitty.com first for free patterns.

I don't even remember if we did this. [/i]

knitwit
08-31-2005, 08:11 PM
Since Jan 2005

My grandmother knits and my Mom crochets after many years of resisting I surrendered to the needles and found a new hobby!

3) English or Contiental
English

A "Sampler" Hat - a class project where we learned all about guage, straights, circs, dpns, knit, purl, ss.......

3 projects going right now- an afghan, a scarf and a hat.

There's this interlocking cabled sweater I saw in a knitting magazine - it's on my growing list of things to knit and it's the one that scares me most!

The above referenced cabled sweater

I've never used it- and haven't seen it at my LYS - so I cant really comment.

The cabled sweater :D

So many to choose from.....My favorite would have to be "tempting" from Knitty- although I havent knit it yet (I've got the yarn though!!)

Haha! I graduated with 800 other people and we had that in our yearbook but I didnt get voted for in any of the categories. When I'm not knitting- I'm either playing with the dogs in the yard or studying - I'm finally able to follow my heart and get my real estate license- I :heart: houses ~ discovering up and coming neighborhoods and have helped a lot of our friends when they were looking for homes and thought- why not do this for a living- so that's what I'm gonna do! Only one more week of school, the big state exam and then I'm on my way. Can't wait!!!!

brendajos
08-31-2005, 10:38 PM

about six months

i have wanted to for a while and one day i was looking at my grandma's afghan and decided i want to make one (have i mentioned that i so far loathe afghans?...lol)

3) English or Contiental

i think it most closely resembles continental but i have a hard time purling that way

scarf

i think it was either a washcloth or a purse

purse, baby hat, baby sweater

the satchel from Interweave

said satchel

not a fan

see above satchel...that was the first time i actually went out to the store looking specifically for a pattern that i would pay for

hrmmm....i love the booga but i think it will be too small

umm....heh....arrested at a peace rally (mind you it was 1989...i had very little to be so revolutionary about...lol)

LisaD715
08-31-2005, 10:56 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? Since January 2005

2) What inspirred you to learn? I wanted a new craft project, I have been cross stitching for a million years and wanted something I could do so people could actually wear.

3) English or Contiental ENGLISH, Baby.

4) What was your first project? A scarf that was given to a friends daughter for her birthday.

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? LOLI made dishcloths, and I have made 1 booga bag, just waiting for felting, have to get it done quick, sister's birthday is FRIDAY!!!!!

6) What are you working on now? 2nd booga bag and dolphin dishcloths for a Christmas present. Need to work on socks for Christmas too.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? I can't wait to work on a baby afghan for a co-workers first child. I want so much to do an heirloom item!! My sister is moving and she will need a GREAT throw for her house too, I am scoping out knitpicks as I type!

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Anything Silver does, that woman is AMAZINGLY talented!!

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I have never used it.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? SO not fair, that is like asking me to pick a favorite child.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) So far, the booga, because I have made it...very fast and easier than I ever dreamed possible.

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) I can't remember...I should ask. Beth said I was voted friendliest!

Rorshach
09-01-2005, 01:47 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? Off and on over the past few months, but in total I would have to say 3 or four months

2) What inspired you to learn? just the idle curiosity

3) English or Contiental: English

4) What was your first project? Made a set of mug mats

5) If #4 was scarf ;) what was your first non-scarf project? still have yet to do a scarf, but am finishing up an afghan. (yes, KK I know, I know)

6) What are you working on now? the afghan I started and a monk's travel satchel

7) What is something you really, really want to start? a fire using only my knitting needles, but the yarn keeps getting in the way. Seriously, am wondering how to do socks.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? hmm good question

Red heart is good utility yarn, best for practicing stitches, but not for something that needs to be worn
10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? the Kimono pattern out on Knitty

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) the heavy poncho on Lionbrand.com

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) heh, wasn't voted to be anything, though I imagine that if I were, it would've been the biggest PITA in Idaho.

margie
09-01-2005, 08:25 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? In earnest, for about 8 weeks or so- I did learn the very very basics about a year ago, but didn't "get it" until I picked it up again recently!

2) What inspirred you to learn? My husband's cousin owns a quilt shop and she expanded to include a yarn store. I bought my first yarn there, then a friend and I recently read "a good yarn" and that inspired me to learn more- and then I got addicted~~

4) What was your first project? A scarf!

5) If #4 was scarf Wink what was your first non-scarf project? A felted handbag.

6) What are you working on now? My first sweater.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? another sweater, with nicer yarn- I doubted my abilities when I started this one and picked out cheap acrylic yarn that I now wish I hadn't. I didn't want to spend the money on nicer yarn in case I couldn't do the sweater- big mistake!! Now I've done too much of the sweater to start over- I"m just going to chalk it up as a learning experience!!

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? I would like to knit socks, and also I would like to make Christmas stockings for my family like the one that my husband had as a child.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? Don't know enough about the different kinds to have an opinion yet.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I really like Ingrids celtic knot sweater!!

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I don't have any favorites yet.

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it?

No, I wasn't voted anything in high school!! ;)

Danielle
09-01-2005, 09:42 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? About 7 months

2) What inspirred you to learn? All the fuzzy scarves that people were wearing last winter.

3) English or Contiental - English

4) What was your first project? A scarf

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? A hat

6) What are you working on now? Nothing right now, just finished a booga bag today...

7) What is something you really, really want to start? A poncho

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? I want to knit a pair of socks...

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I like it because it is cheap, and it comes in several colors...it is good to practice with, but that's about it...

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? The booga bag

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) not sure

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) Wasn't voted anything....

knitqueen
09-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Never saw this post before....where have I been???? :thinking:

1) How long have you been knitting? since Feb 05...about 6 months

2) What inspirred you to learn? I decided I needed a hobby

3) English or Contiental Continental in that I hold the yarn in my left hand, but from there it's nothing like how Amy does it in the continental knitting video

4) What was your first project? a tiny coin purse

6) What are you working on now? I have a few lonely socks that need pairs, and I've just started my first afghan

7) What is something you really, really want to start? I would love to make a clothing item for myself that will actually FIT once finished....I have attempted it twice, a cardigan and a tank top, and neither came out as I had hoped. I LOVE the Sesame sweater (http://www.magknits.com/Aug05/sesame.htm) from the new magknits issue.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? right now I am aspiring to actually stick with and finish this afghan!! dh tells me that I'll probably get through a few balls of yarn, then rip it out and make something else :rollseyes: :lol:

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I have not actually used it but have used lots of comparable yarns. My budget is small so sometimes that is all I can afford. I am not against it but do find it kind of squeaky and not very soft, but a knitter must knit so you use what you have access to.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I don't know, there are so many.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I loved the booga bag.

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) wasn't voted anything

punkhippiemom
09-03-2005, 01:04 AM
Thank you so much for resurrecting this, what a cool thread (and yes, I answer all of those emails :rollseyes: can't help myself...)
1) How long have you been knitting?just about a year (started in Oct/Nov of 04)

2) What inspirred you to learn?I absolutely hated the way clothes looked when they were crocheted, and I wanted to be able to make something that someone could wear. (Totally with you on that one, Aidan)
3) English or Contiental? continental thrower :??

4) What was your first project? a slipper thingy...trying to imprvise a pattern for some xmas gifts
5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? I have just begun my first scarf....I am so proud of me.
6) What are you working on now? an entrelac scarf, socks for DS's, my evil DK checkerboard...
7) What is something you really, really want to start? nothing right now. I'm good. I wouldn't mind getting going on my xmas stuff, but nothing in particular.
8 ) What is a project you aspire to? I will be doing fairisle, as soon as I make up my mind about the stinking yarn for it...
9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? good for blankets, good for pillows, great for crochet, stinky for knitted clothes...unless you get the specialty stuff.
10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? That awesome Celtic hoodie that EKG's doing...
11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? Is there somewhere else?? I wouldn't know... :roflhard: OK, maybe the 'cool boys knit' hoodie from Knitty.com
12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) :rollseyes: Was I in high school? Well, one person remembers me, so I guess I must have been...

Vendie
09-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Ok I'm game...

1) How long have you been knitting? A little over 2 years, but obsessively for about a month now.

2) What inspired you to learn? Odd, really, a class on gender and technology (spec. computers) sealed the deal for me. Early on in the class, we talked about why many women avoid computers (for more than email, for example). Our prof passed around a comic strip in which one woman was reading a complicated knitting pattern (full of the abbreviated terminology), but was complaining to the other woman that computers were too difficult to bother with. The challenge of deciphering the knitting code appealed to me.

3) English or Contiental Continental, though I have a modified throw-continental purl style.

4) What was your first project? I'm actually still working on my first real project - a red scarf...one of these days it will be done.

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? My first non-scarf project was an afghan square with a basketweave-cable pattern (http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/basketweave.htm)...talk about a jump. My first non square project was my now infamous lacy baby bonnet.

6) What are you working on now? Backyard Leaves scarf, cabled scarf, felted tote bag, a sweater....some other stuff that I've forgotten about...

7) What is something you really, really want to start? something fair isle and not a scarf :lol:

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? a sweater with an intricate pattern

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? Eh, not my favorite. It was the first yarn I had ever tried and I just couldn't get it to look right. I haven't used it since.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Do I have to have a favorite? I love Erika Knight's patterns, and Debbie Bliss' patterns for babies and toddlers

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I love Marnie's patterns, they're so beautiful. I love Knitty's patterns too, very fun.

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) I couldn't even tell you, I have no idea if we even did this.
[/url]

benniesma
09-03-2005, 03:31 PM
I love these things! So here goes...

1) How long have you been knitting? My gran taught me when I was a teen, but I never was too good at it. I was retaught by a good friend in Jan '05.

2) What inspired you to learn? I'm a craft junkie and love to make things with my own two hands.

4) What was your first project? A fun fur scarf, what else!

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? A hat for my daddy.

6) What are you working on now? A tank from Rowan's Summer Tweed collection.

7) What is something you really, really want to start? Socks!

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Socks and learning to knit cables.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? S'okay.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Too many to mention really.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I've been loving Cozy on knitty.com

We didn't do 'most likely to' in high school. We had a Will & Prophecy. Mine read that in 20 years I would be seen on a diaper commerical as the stork delivering the baby. (I'm tall and have long skinny legs, hence the stork comparison. :| )

Mer
09-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey, guess I never answered this!

1) How long have you been knitting? Since Jan or Feb 05, but I learned about 10 years ago from my mom, knit some dishclothes, and then forgot how to knit for a while.

2) What inspired you to learn? The second time around, because my SIL gave me a knit purse for Christmas, and I thought I'd try it out again.

3) English or Contiental Continental

4) What was your first project? Dishcloth

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? n/a

6) What are you working on now? Finishing up my lace trim bolero from VK mag and started on a scarf for my dad for Christmas

7) What is something you really, really want to start? My Mermaid coat (http://www.knit.dk/mermaid.htm), though I'm a little intimidated by it.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Said coat

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I think acrylic is fine for some things, but I don't really like red heart specifically

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Lucky wrap in SnB nation is one of my favorites

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) Hmm, not sure about that one. So many to choose from!

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) Nope, I wasn't popular enough to be voted anything. 8-)

punkhippiemom
09-03-2005, 09:31 PM
What a gorgeous coat, Mer! I would definitely put that on the list of things to aspire to... :drooling:

Jan in CA
10-17-2005, 11:26 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? 5 WEEKS

2) What inspirred you to learn? I'VE JUST ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN TO KNIT.

3) English or Contiental ENGLISH

4) What was your first project? UM... DISHCLOTHS ;)

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? DISHCLOTHS

6) What are you working on now? DISHCLOTHS...LIKE I SAID I'VE ONLY BEEN DOING THIS FOR 5 WEEKS!

7) What is something you really, really want to start? AFGHAN BUT I'M JUST GETTING USED CIRCS.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? SWEATER

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? GOOD FOR PRACTICE

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? TOO MANY TO DECIDE YET.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) SEE #10

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? I WASN'T VOTED ANYTHING. :thinking:

mintdee
10-17-2005, 11:59 PM
*jumps on bandwagon*

1) How long have you been knitting?Roughly a month now

2) What inspirred you to learn?all the beautiful knitting patterns I would come across while hunting for crochet patterns

3) English or ContientalEnglish

4) What was your first project?a baby bib for my dear Sophia

5) If #4 was scarf Wink what was your first non-scarf project?the bib. I still haven't started my scarf.

6) What are you working on now?a poncho and a sock

7) What is something you really, really want to start?my scarf so that i can work with my new yarn :drooling:

8 ) What is a project you aspire to?a sweater!

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn?good for a laugh

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? booga bag!!

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)knitty.com

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!)[i]my school quit that the year before I graduated. They were afraid that peoples feelings were getting hurt with the "most likely to list" :rollseyes:

Merry Stitcher
10-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Piling on the bandwagon...this one looks fun!

1) How long have you been knitting? 9 months....geez, I could have had a baby by now!

2) What inspired you to learn? I was a machine quilter who was tired of being strapped to the machine....wanted to find something I could do away from the sewing machine.

3) English or Contiental. Totally Continental.

4) What was your first project? A Scarf

5) If #4 was scarf Wink what was your first non-scarf project? A Wrap, which was actually just a big scarf.

6) What are you working on now? My second sweater

7) What is something you really, really want to start? A sweater that I (proudly) give to someone else.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? A sweater that actually fits!

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? It's a great place to start! I remember saying to my husband after I'd picked up my first skein of Red Heart and a pair of needles, "knitting is such a cheap hobby." He still believes that to be true!!!!

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? My first sweater: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATT3xchic.html

11) What is your favorite free pattern. Same....http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATT3xchic.html

Published! Does this count?

loofnicnad
10-18-2005, 05:00 AM

1) How long have you been knitting?About a year

2) What inspirred you to learn?I always wanted to learn, a friend came up with an inspiring project.
4) What was your first project? A prayer shawl

6) What are you working on now? Another prayer shawl and some 4X4 squares for my knitting guilds charity quilts

7) What is something you really, really want to start? A dimond pattern afghan
8 ) What is a project you aspire to? sweaters

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? never used it

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? see #7
11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) haven't looked around yet12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!)I was voted most likely to be a used car salesman, I spent most of my highschool career in drama!!!

rebecca
10-18-2005, 10:55 AM
June 2004

I have a disability resulting in constant pain and have to spend the majority ofmy time in the house, great deal of time in bed; was going CRAzy with nothing to do over the years, I mentioned something about knitting one nite; my husband was out looking for knitting kits the next day on his lunch hour, didn't find one..we went to Michaels that nite & got one & have been knitting since then. It is the ONLY thing that I have ever run across that can actually help me keep my mind off of my pain AND it's fun :D !

3) English or Contiental
Began as a thrower and recently learned Conti (so that I would know both when I began learning color work) & hated it & have found that I hated it for a short while bc I found that I began knitting Conti all of the time without realizing it ;)

Scarf, of course! Am still knitting them..now they are finally for me ;)

Hat

Finishing a scarf ensemble (scarf, hat, fingerless gloves & socks); had to design the hat, gloves & socks; so it's taken longer than anticipated...but am almost done :happydance: :happydance:

The Eleanor entrelac wrap in "Scarf Style"

Sweaters...target date: beginning of 2006

I have none, I've never used it

I'm afraid that there are far TOO MANY to list :D

Other than these (http://www.knitpicks.com/projects/projects_display_yarn.aspx?itemid=50395220) ;); there are way too many to list!!!

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? A Knitting Addict :inlove: (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!)

feministmama
10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
1) How long have you been knitting? SInce 1990 (whassat 15 years?? Yikes!)

2) What inspirred you to learn? It was my first feminist act. A bunch of us women who worked at a bookstore worked together to get a women's Studies shelf. We were very upset how the management was treating us and one of the women tuaght us to knit to keep us calm in our meetings.

3) English or Contiental
Throw baby throw (But KH has helped me to learn conti. )

4) What was your first project? Child's sweater

Socks, sweater, hats, mittens for my cousins

Felted Clogs for MEMEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEE

Great American Afghan thingy

I like the TLC cuz its soft and good for baby stuff. The regular ole Red Hart os too squishy scratchy sqeeuky yucko. And did you know they do not make brown? Whats up with THAT!!

Anything with Fan & Feather

OY! too many to name

I don't rememember. A silly person probably. That's what I was and still am.

humblestumble
10-18-2005, 02:37 PM
1) How long have you been knitting?About a year

2) What inspired you to learn?Boredom and intrigue. Didn't know anyone who knew how, and I actually wanted to teach myself crochet. But I got online and found a video for starting to knit (not here)...I went to the store got a crochet book, and realized that knitting is prettier most of the time.

3) English or ContientalContinental.

4) What was your first project?It's really hard for me to remember this one, but since it's hardly ever cold here I know it wasn't a scarf. I think it was the punkrock backpack from SnB which I'm still not done with. That or DPN wristwarmers that I frogged. I think I tried making Hallowig, but that didn't work out.

5) If #4 was scarf Wink what was your first non-scarf project? N/A

6) What are you working on now?Bigfoot socks, honeymoon cami, kitty bed

7) What is something you really, really want to start?Rogue

8 ) What is a project you aspire to?Rogue, some entralac knitting and Marnie's caution bias knitted scarf.

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn?Some of it is really scratchy and some is really soft...generally I like it, but if I have more money I prefer not to buy it.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen?Rogue

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)hmm...Too many! A lot are on knitty.com. I really like Marnie's bias knitting scarf, and a lot of her patterns.

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!)lol... I have no idea. Aloof maybe?

liznwillow
10-18-2005, 04:13 PM
This is so fun! I love get-to-know-you threads!

1) How long have you been knitting? Since early December 03

2) What inspirred you to learn? I was pregnant and dying to create something!

3) English or Contiental English... though Continental looks more efficient!

4) What was your first project? A bulky-weight scarf for my sister for Xmas. Looking back, it was too bulky.

5) If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? :roflhard: Completed? :lol: A poncho for my daughter.

6) What are you working on now? A sweater for DD and I'm about to start some clogs!

7) What is something you really, really want to start? FT CLOGS!!! (just got all my yarn :happydance: )

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Right now... The FT Clogs! :lol: After I master those, some mittens or some socks!

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I've never purchased Red Heart. I guess you could call me a bit of a yarn snob. :rollseyes:

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? :thinking: hmmmm... I really like the orange women's sweater in the LMKG's book.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) The Spiral knit preemie hat (http://www.geocities.com/bbcrafty_17//SpiralPreemieCap.html)

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) Nope! Nada!

BinkyKat
10-18-2005, 09:26 PM
1) How long have you been knitting? 15 months

2) What inspirred you to learn? Seeing gals at work KIP'ing during coffee and lunch breaks, it looked so inviting a way to "escape" work drudgery

3) English or Contiental Englinental? Well, English, but I am trying to learn Continental

4) What was your first project? the proverbial scarf, it was a knit kit I got at my local Ben Franklin Crafts Store. I took it on a car trip and my first attempt got tossed in the back seat less than an hour into the trip

5) If #4 was scarf Wink what was your first non-scarf project? :doh: Busted! :roflhard: It was a small blanky for my then yet to be born nephew. I didn't swatch, and tinked it and did it again, and gave it to him as a 6 month birthday gift..

6) What are you working on now? I just finished a NEBB for my newest nephew that actually wasn't due to be born until nov. 8th. The little (and I do mean little 5.9 lb bugger came 3 and a half weeks early) But now I know I can whip out half a blanket in 4 days! :shock:

7) What is something you really, really want to start? My fantasy right now would be to tackle a christening gown/layette

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? classic styles like Debbie Bliss I like but I also am fascinated with funky stuff

9) What are your views on Red Heart yarn? It does have it's uses, but I won't make clothes for myself with it.

10) What is your favorite pattern you have seen? A SWTC Southern Swing sweater with bell sleeves.

11) What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I have a whole binder full, I don't know where to begin!!

12) Were you voted "most likely to be _____" in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can't all be about knitting!) Eh, our school didn't do that in our yearbook... so I couldn't say...