PDA

View Full Version : SCALLOPED repeat!!!!!!!!! HELP! HEEEEEEELP!

KNITBIT
03-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Ummm..Help!! :mad: I've been working on this pattern below and all seemed to be going well...until...I had to do a repeat. :shock:

--------------------------

Scalloped Edge Pattern (multiple of 18 sts)

Row 1 (WS) Knit.
Row 2 Knit.
Row 3 Purl.
Row 4 *[K2tog] 3 times, [yo, k 1] 6 times, [k2tog] 3 times; repeat from *.

Repeat Rows 1-4 for Scalloped Edge pattern.

Ok, after Row 4, I start on Row 1 again. Just a plain knit row. I come to the k2tog stitches from the previous row (which is Row 4) and I don't know if I knit those sts seperate as 2 individual stitches or 1 (being the 2 stitches that were knit2tog now look like 1). UGH! :?? I noticed I knitted some of 'em seperate as 2 and a few of the knit2tog sts as 1. Now I'm like GRRR :wall: I guess I should start over. :verysad: What do you do in this situation?!?!? :rollseyes:

Thanks in Advance!!
KNITBIT

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 10:07 PM
After you finish row 4, make sure that you still have a multiple of 18 stitches. When you come to row 1 again, you should just knit each loop on the needle once; I'm trying to picture how the k2togs look like 2 stitches, but they shouldn't look that way; it should still look like one stitch, just with TWO stitches below it :thinking: Am i confusing? I think I confused myself. :shock: :doh:

KNITBIT
03-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Ok...Umm :rollseyes:

The k2tog looks like it's held 2together by a bump directly under the needle. So like 2 sts on the needle (2together) at the base just under the needle. So...knit all the stitches as 1?? Ya...I'm thinking I should do that cuz on the directions it just says KNIT. Hmm.. :??

Thanks!
KNITBIT..guess it's time to :frog:
UGHHHHHHHHHHH! :shifty: :verysad:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2005, 11:16 PM
yeah I think so... but if youdon't have a multiple of 18 on your needle after the 4th row then you made a booboo somewhere.

KNITBIT
03-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Ok Thanks Hildegard! :thumbsup: I'll keep my eyes peeled for potential mishaps. ;)

Thanks again!
KNITBIT :XX: