PDA

View Full Version : ?2 sleeves on 2 circs?

clsimmons
03-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi, just joined and wanting to start on my sleeves for a cardi. Can I use 2 circs to do both sleeves like ya do w/ 2 socks?
Catherine

ekgheiy
03-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi, just joined and wanting to start on my sleeves for a cardi. Can I use 2 circs to do both sleeves like ya do w/ 2 socks?
Catherine

I suppose you can, but why? :?? What's wrong with using one circular needle? Some people use 2 circs to knit small diameter items (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/videos/adv-tech/2-circular-needles-rds.mpg), but a sleeve doesn't strike me as small diameter (maybe except the bottom, or sleeves for baby items).

I'm confused :oops: :??

clsimmons
03-26-2005, 11:53 AM
The reason for 2 sleeves on 2 circs is there will be no sides to seam up.
One of the ladies at the LYS says it's a technique she's want to try.

ekgheiy
03-26-2005, 09:29 PM
The reason for 2 sleeves on 2 circs is there will be no sides to seam up.
One of the ladies at the LYS says it's a technique she's want to try.

Using one circular avoids seams to. You'd just work in the round.

:thinking: :?? :thinking:

clsimmons
03-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Well Ekgheiy, You've got me thinking--I guess I'm thinking about having to do something different to the underside of the sleeve and the top of the sleeve. And by having them divided on the 2 circs, it would be easier to do. Maybe I'm wrong, though. So, what your saying is do both on 1 circ and use 2 different skeins (or use different ends of the skein)?

ekgheiy
03-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Well Ekgheiy, You've got me thinking--I guess I'm thinking about having to do something different to the underside of the sleeve and the top of the sleeve. And by having them divided on the 2 circs, it would be easier to do. Maybe I'm wrong, though. So, what your saying is do both on 1 circ and use 2 different skeins (or use different ends of the skein)?

OOOhhhh!!! I think I understand your questions now :oops:

You want to make both sleeves at the same time and avoid seams?? Well duh!! Sorry I can be a dud sometimes :doh: Yes, you can put one sleeve on one circular needle and the other sleeve on a separate circular needle. I'm sorry, for some reason, I thought you meant to use two circs on ONE sleeve. Don't know where I got that idea from ...
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

clsimmons
03-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Ekg, yes you've got it. I've casted on for both sleeves so now I'm gonna see if this can actually be a reality.
will take pics as I progress--I need the pics for my own reference.

ekgheiy
03-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Ekg, yes you've got it. I've casted on for both sleeves so now I'm gonna see if this can actually be a reality.
will take pics as I progress--I need the pics for my own reference.

:thumbsup:

clsimmons
03-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Attempting to post pics of 2 sleeves on 2 circs

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-29-2005, 07:48 PM
for some reason, I thought you meant to use two circs on ONE sleeve. Don't know where I got that idea from ...
that's what I was thinking too!!!! I didn't want to butt in (i feel like a real Dumasky when I don't understand questions)
anyway, clsimmons, the sleeves look great. I like the yarn colors! :thumbsup: