PDA

View Full Version : Help with Knitty Gritty scarf pattern

KnittingMom
03-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I really want to make the SKinny Scarf from this show:http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3520116,00.html

but I'm confused about the pattern stitch. It says:

Row 1: *p1, move yarn to the back and slip the next st, move yarn to the front * repeat between * .
Row 2: *k1, move yarn to the front and slip the next st, move yarn to the back* repeat between *.

How do I know which way to slip the stitch? In Row 1 do I slip it Purl-wise like the rest of the purls or Knit-wise like where the yarn is? And vice versa for the other rows.

I love this scarf but the pattern is driving me bonkers. When I first printed it there was an error saying to move the yarn to the front for the purls and to the back for the knits. It was wacky.

Any help is much appreciated. I'm hoping this can be my "plane project" for my trip I'm leaving on tomorrow.

ekgheiy
03-27-2005, 02:56 PM
I really want to make the SKinny Scarf from this show:URL (http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3520116,00.html)

but I'm confused about the pattern stitch. It says:

Row 1: *p1, move yarn to the back and slip the next st, move yarn to the front * repeat between * .
Row 2: *k1, move yarn to the front and slip the next st, move yarn to the back* repeat between *.

How do I know which way to slip the stitch? In Row 1 do I slip it Purl-wise like the rest of the purls or Knit-wise like where the yarn is? And vice versa for the other rows.

I love this scarf but the pattern is driving me bonkers. When I first printed it there was an error saying to move the yarn to the front for the purls and to the back for the knits. It was wacky.

Any help is much appreciated. I'm hoping this can be my "plane project" for my trip I'm leaving on tomorrow.

I'm not sure that there's a standard for how to slip. But I would slip purl-wise on row 1 and knit-wise on row 2. But I could be wrong... :oops:

Try a swatch with both ways and see which one looks like that KG scarf. :??