PDA

View Full Version : HYSTERICAL

KellyK
04-01-2005, 11:11 PM
I am watching some show on the Style network called, get this....

CRAFT CORNER DEATHMATCH

This has GOT to be one of the FUNNIEST things I have ever seen....kinda like Iron Chef, but with crafts!

This guy (more like a WWF commentator) is the emmcee, and tries to rile the competitors and audience, while a chick that resembles the Bride of Frankenstein wheels out a cart covered with a big trash bag. The craft supplies are unveiled at the "bell" and they have a certain amount of time to build whatever "thing" with those supplies.

They had to make a watch band out of nothing but hot glue and jewels, and now they are making a wedding cake out of miscellaneous Hostess products.

During the last round, the remaining player goes up against THE CRAFT LADY OF STEEL!

Has anyone else seen this?!?

Sara
04-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Saw the ads, it looks like a hoot! Do they do the crafting challenge in the dark in every episode? I told DH that I'm a perfect contestant since I'm really good at crafting on the fly, but he pointed out that having me hurry with scissors, knives, hot glue guns, etc. is NOT a good idea. I will have to watch from the sidelines, for I do not want to acquire a knickname such as "Squints" or "Digit" or "Patch".

koolbreeze
04-02-2005, 12:01 AM
I've seen it. I can't sit an watch that guy though. He gets on my nerves!!! :evil:

perced
04-02-2005, 01:45 AM
I have seen it. It was funny but looks like it might get old fast.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-02-2005, 01:51 AM
Did anyone watch the show Wickedly Perfect when it was on? I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes, and got SO SICK of those people...i didn't think either of them were wicked or perfect. Sheesh. Its a little disturbing to me that crafting is being comemrcialized as some kind of contest. I do what I do because I like to do it, not because it's cool, trendy, on TV, or makes me better than someone.

KellyK
04-02-2005, 08:16 AM
I know....SOME of these "reality" shows (whose reality is THAT, by the way??) make me feel embarassed to be a human being. But THIS one is just FUNNY.

VictoiseC
04-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Hilde... they will commercialize ANYTHING they can get their hands on, anything they think is hot, they are so bereft of ideas themselves!

I started to watch it but had to go or something. Will take a look next time though.