PDA

View Full Version : Easy guitar strap

brookenic
04-07-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm looking for a pattern for an easy to make guitar strap. I found one on knitty.com but it isn't what I'm looking for. Anyone have any ideas? thanks~Brooke

Sara
04-07-2005, 04:07 PM
There aren't that many options in guitar strap design. Describe what you are looking for and I bet we could design it together in this thread. Maybe. :??

oshnpashn
04-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Have you checked Knitty Gritty on DIY network website? They repeated the guitar strap show last night as a matter of fact. They have a pattern there.

brookenic
04-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Thank You oshnpashn. I found it and may just knit it. It's for a friends' birthday in 10 days so I'd better get movin'. Thanks Again. ~Brooke

Rennagayle
04-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Brookenic, I'd love to see a picture of yours and know what yarn you used, when you complete it. I've been thinking about making one for my 21yod. I'm still to new at this knitting thing to be familiar enough with yarns to be comfortable in choosing one, since whatever I use will have to be ordered online (no LYS here). I know I'll want my dd's to be something wild and funky. :D

oshnpashn
04-14-2005, 01:37 PM
You are very welcome...please post a pic to show us

:X: :XX:

perced
04-15-2005, 12:56 PM
I checked this out & the pattern on DIY is the same pattern as the one on knitty. The host of the show is the same designer as the pattern on knitty.

brookenic
04-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Well it looks to tricky for me to be done with in a week. Maybe I'll make it for her for Christmas. I can't start now tho, I have no empty needles! Time for the Denise Set :happydance: ~Brooke

Salvatore
05-05-2005, 09:06 AM
I have to make a guitar strap for my best friend.
Only he wants it made out of hemp!
My local store has some red hemp yarn and I'm looking for black or natural to go with. I think I'll double knit it (need to learn) and put his nickname "Parliament" along it.

I'm unsure how to do ends that are super secure, I'm sure a braided hemp loop should be strong enough, and easy to replace.

If anyone will let me know any obvious flaws with my plan, I'd most appreciate it.

Thanks,
Salvatore

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 10:18 AM
That sounds really neat to me, but I'm too inexperienced to help you with your plan. I think I'll just sit back and wait for you or Brooke to get yours made, here your reviews of it's difficulty (or lack of it), then decide if I want to attempt one for my dd for Christmas. :D

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Oh, yippee. I just checked the satellite guide, and see that Vickie's going to be teaching the guitar strap on today's Knitty Gritty (10:30 AM CST). :happydance: