PDA

View Full Version : OT: For the 80's freaks - Duran Duran in Fairfax, VA

roxyquiksilver34
04-09-2005, 09:14 AM
:D

*yaaaaawnn*

Morning ladies & gents... I am barely awake but my crazy cat was insisting on getting fed and it's 8:50 am EST even though I was planning on getting up in 2 more hours b/c I got home @ 2 am from the *sigh like a teenager* Duran Duran concert in VA... (I'm going to stuff her in the clothes hamper - I am soooooo tired LOL)

I have to rave here a moment...I had a fantastic time, the show was amazing, I've loved Duran Duran since 1981 and John is an absolute sweetheart since he surprised me with the tickets on Sunday. We had to finesse, beg, borrow and deal to get the time to go last minute (our work schedules are done up 2 weeks in advance) but - Definitely worth all the time, hassle & $ involved but it was sooooooooooooooooooooo much fun and I'll never forget it. Made me feel like I was 14 all over again LOL

I knitted in the car on the way down, knitted in the parking lot, and knitted on the way home... my sNb Marsupial Tote is 3/4 done - yay me!

I'm posting info and pics on my blog tomorrow, but here are some reviews from the same concert from the last 3-4 weeks (US tour)

http://www.heraldextra.com/print.php?sid=50397

http://www.i94online.com/lucduranreview.asp

Laters for now - i'm exhausted am will try to get a little more shuteye b4 I have to get ready for work *zzzzzzzzz*

Rox

Sara
04-09-2005, 03:10 PM
My parents were really strict and I never got to go to any concerts. I still resent missing the Adam Ant concert in Des Moines. I'm glad you had a good time! I don't think DH loves me enough to spend any time listening to Duran Duran, let alone take me to a concert. :lol:

gardenia
04-09-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm so jealous! Ahhhh, the eighties... I saw Duran Duran, U2, Bow Wow Wow, the Police, and even Flock of Seagulls back in the eighties. :thumbsup: Hmmm. Feeling a little old now. :shock:

zimmom
04-09-2005, 09:38 PM
This post makes me feel nostalgic. My friends went to the Duran Duran concert here (in Seattle), but I couldn't go... They told me that Simon sounded great and looked pretty good.. *sigh* :inlove: always did have a crush on the guy... I love watching Bands Reunited on VH1. It was great to see Kajagoogoo, ABC and Flock of Seagulls. I would have killed to go to that ABC concert. Martin Fry sounded awesome.. :cheering:

Thanks for taking me down memory lane ladies... :thumbsup:

zimmom

amy
04-09-2005, 11:15 PM
LOL! Wow, memory lane indeed. My older sister was big into Duran Duran, so of course I was too. Know probably every 80's album and can still remember most of the band member's names. She was also into Wham (remember George Michael in the early days?) So of course I was too. And so it goes....:)

I confess, I didn't have any original music tastes, mostly just loved what others loved. With the exception of a few, which were totally my own: The Sugar Cubes, Sade (pronounced Sharday, remember her? Amazing!), and, let's see, Enya I guess, but that came a bit later.

Then in college it was all these powerful women artists: Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco, Queen Latifa (all a bit too much for me now, wonderful as they were/are), and Joan Osborne, who I haven't checked out recently, but should.

Now I'm way out of the loop. I listen & love what DH puts on, which is misc. Shape Note music (see About Me page), traditional Irish music, and random artist like Beck and the amazing Ravi Shankar.

twiggyann
04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
I graduated from high school in 1982. However, my musical tastes then and now are about the same. Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Who, The Kinks, Rush, Yes

All the music that made a bong even better. (Of course that's just as an illustration, I'm still not quite sure what a bong is)

gardenia
04-11-2005, 12:47 PM
All the music that made a bong even better. (Of course that's just as an illustration, I'm still not quite sure what a bong is)

When I first read this, I was like :shock: . Now I'm like :rofling: .