PDA

View Full Version : It's a bird..it's a plane..it's AN FO!!

Egeria
04-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I finally finished my Four Colour Sweater and posted it on my blog for y'all to see!

I'm quite proud of my work as I learned so many new techniques on it. My husband even likes it! (Though he said it was a bit small for him!)

Take a look and please leave a comment to tell me what you think of it!
:D

KellyK
04-17-2005, 12:37 PM
OMGGGG That looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

AND, that looks like such an easy way to attach sleeves....that makes me feel less intimidated by the whole sleeve concept!

Egeria
04-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I got that method out of Stitch 'n Bitch! It was a breeze!

I'm glad you like it :)

rebecca
04-18-2005, 08:44 AM
FANTASTIC!!! I love it!! I've not yet ventured into 'clothing' knitting...but I have a book on the way and then hope to begin so I have warmies for winter!!

Again, I say.....fantastic....and the baby is tooooo cute!!
Almost makes me wish mine were small again.....ALMOST...LOL

kemp
04-18-2005, 08:51 AM
The sweater is awesome!

While checking out the sweater, I was reading your 100 things list...PRINCESS BRIDE...LOVE it! :D Hard to believe there are actually people who have never heard of it.

Nuno930
04-18-2005, 10:12 AM
FO what is that :?? I haven't seen a FO in months! (to my credit though I am trying to up my skill so I have just pickend random things and started knitting them, frogging and starting over until I get it right)

Beautiful though! I love it

Egeria
04-18-2005, 02:00 PM
The sweater is awesome!

Thank you!

While checking out the sweater, I was reading your 100 things list...PRINCESS BRIDE...LOVE it! :D Hard to believe there are actually people who have never heard of it.

Oh man I always look at people with such a baffled expression when they don't know what it is! But to make it worse, my husband doesn't even like the movie. So when I want to watch it I have to wait until he is in bed.

Egeria
04-18-2005, 02:02 PM
FO what is that :?? I haven't seen a FO in months! (to my credit though I am trying to up my skill so I have just pickend random things and started knitting them, frogging and starting over until I get it right)

Beautiful though! I love it

Thanks! It was a definate learning process that's for sure! There were some new techniques I'd never tried before so it was a good project for that. And I did end up frogging two complete sleeves during the making of it! I also used Amy's trick of putting in a lifeline when I made a mistake knitting the back.

So it was a fairly easy pattern but very good for me experience-wise!

An FO is a great feeling though so keep at your knitting! It's well worth it!

Rennagayle
04-18-2005, 02:29 PM
An FO is a great feeling though so keep at your knitting! It's well worth it!

Sheesh, I feel so dumb, but I have no idea what FO stands for? :??

To my credit, I can quote much of the Princess Bride, and lucky for me, hubby likes the movie as much as I do. :mrgreen:

In the words of Miracle Max....

Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do

kemp
04-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Ok, a little off topic now, but how can someone NOT like Princess Bride??? :?? It's got it all...romance, action, adventure, pirates, royalty etc. etc. It should be on everyones must watch classics list :happydance:

Egeria
04-19-2005, 02:33 AM
In the words of Miracle Max....

Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do

Go through his pockets and look for loose change.

*roflmao*

Egeria
04-19-2005, 02:34 AM
Ok, a little off topic now, but how can someone NOT like Princess Bride??? :?? It's got it all...romance, action, adventure, pirates, royalty etc. etc. It should be on everyones must watch classics list :happydance:

And it has Westley...aaaaahhh sweet Westley!

Holly
04-19-2005, 10:45 AM
:rofling: You guys are killing me! I :heart: Princess Bride! The "mostly dead" quote is going on my monitor to keep me smiling today!!

The sweater is AWESOME!! You do excellent work :D I'm intimidated by sweaters -- both the technique needed and the time involved scare me!

Holly

Nuno930
04-19-2005, 11:40 AM
*In best Spanish accent*

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die.

Sara
04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
As you wish....

Egeria
04-19-2005, 05:11 PM
"Think you could move at all?"

"Move? You're alive, if you want I could fly"

Now if that just isn't the most romantic thing....*sigh*

Egeria
04-19-2005, 05:13 PM
:rofling: You guys are killing me! I :heart: Princess Bride! The "mostly dead" quote is going on my monitor to keep me smiling today!!

The sweater is AWESOME!! You do excellent work :D I'm intimidated by sweaters -- both the technique needed and the time involved scare me!

Holly

Yipiee! Another Princess Bride fan! It's just the best film! I love the outwitting of Vizzini!

As for the sweater, they are intimidating, I agree! Which is why I did a baby jumper! It was a great learning experience and on a small scale which was less scary! I really enjoyed it!

carollovesyarn
04-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Sheesh, I feel so dumb, but I have no idea what FO stands for? :??

Finished Object
UFO = Unfinished Object

My personal fave is SABLE - stash acquisition beyond life expectancy

Carol

amy
04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
*In best Spanish accent*

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die.

I love the Princess Bride! :heart: At one point it was my top favorite movie. I love the scene where Westley outwits the bad guy with the "poisoned glass." So classic! and that line above from Inigo Montoya is soooo great in the movie.

Egeria, that sweater looks great!!!!

Amy

Sara
04-20-2005, 03:12 PM
My personal fave is SABLE - stash acquisition beyond life expectancy

OMG, Carol! That's hilarious! It reminds me of "the one with the most fabric when she dies, wins!" :lol:

Rennagayle
04-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Carol,

Finished Object
UFO = Unfinished Object

Thank you! :mrgreen:

carollovesyarn
04-20-2005, 11:12 PM
And then there's...

FOREPLAY: For Our Really Exciting Projects, Let's Add Yarn

SEX: Stash Enrichment eXpedition

:lol:

Carol

Egeria
04-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Ooohh...I really really really Loooooooooove SEX!!!

Am going for some a week from today
:happydance: