PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help.

hilda45
04-17-2005, 10:55 PM
I have printed out this pattern and would like to make this sweater and worked on this pattern
I just can not for the life of me figure this out.
I sat up all night to figure this out.
I will write out the two parts and if anyone can help me with this I would realy appreciated
it.
#7 ) K 1, *k1 wrapping yarn around needle two times,rep from*across end k 1,

Row #8: K1, *sl 3 sts purlwise to right-hand needle dropping extra loops, pass these 3 sts back to left-hand needle, (k1, p1, k1) through these 3 sts.tog. rep from * across end k1,

Hope someone can help me with this pattern please.
I have put it on hold till then.
Thankyou in advance
Hilde
hilda45@fuse.net

Silver
04-17-2005, 11:28 PM
This is so funny. I just saw something very similar on Knitty Gritty just today! It wasn't exact.. but similar.

When it asks you to wrap the yarn around the needle two times, think of them as yarn overs in the middle of a knit stitch. Insert the needle and knit the stitch, but before completing the knit, wrap the yarn around the needle one more time so there are two loops on your right needle, then complete the knit stitch.

On your next row, slip the stitch and drop the extra wraps off the left needle. This turns the two wraps into one elongated stitch. Slip three stitches like this, move them back to the left needle and k1, p1, k1 in all three stitches together (insert your right needle into all three long stitches as if you were going to k3tog, but k1, p1, k1 in them instead.)

Does this help? It's not easy to explain. :??