PDA

View Full Version : GOOD JOB, AMY!

KellyK
04-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Just noticed the new logo, and the new layout for the patterns page...

Just had to give ya a BIG OL'

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

carollovesyarn
04-19-2005, 06:29 PM
I just noticed too! I really like the new logo a lot!

now I'm going to check out the free pattern page...

Carol

Nuno930
04-19-2005, 06:40 PM
OooooOooOoo purdyful! :thumbsup:

oshnpashn
04-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Lovely new look!! :thumbsup:

benniesma
04-19-2005, 07:15 PM
I just noticed it too! What a great idea for a logo! Loving it.

Now off to check the newly done patterns page!

thanks for making such an awesome site!

humblestumble
04-19-2005, 07:40 PM
yes....AWESOME job! Also going to check out the new patterns page ;) Love the logo! :cheering: :happydance:

MaggieL
04-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Way to go! :thumbsup:

HeatherFeather
04-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey....I DID notice something new!!! :) :cheering: looks lovely!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-19-2005, 10:56 PM
yay!

brookenic
04-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I really like the picture on the home page. And those links really clean up nice. :D ~Brooke

amy
04-19-2005, 11:42 PM
:D Yay, thanks everyone!

Sorry we put it up so fast, I was going to do the whole drumroll of suspense, and all that!.... :doh: :lol:

It was a great inspiration, coming up with the idea for the logo. I said, "Wouldn't it be cool to have half a ball of yarn sort of peeking out from behind the words," and DH said "Yeah, like a rising sun..." and I said "OMG, a rising sun, I wasn't even thinking that. I love it!!" :heart:

We're still trying to figure out where to stick the AWESOME tagline, which is....

"KnittingHelp.com ....A New Dawn of Knitting Know-How" :thumbsup:

:)

I also put a new pic of me on the front page --a Spring Pic! Finally!

Thanks for all your excitement!!! Yay! :cheering:

Amy

brookenic
04-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Ooohhhh I love the new 'sunrise' logo. It's a great design. :thumbsup: ~Brooke

beldaraan
04-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Where is this new logo? I don't see it.

I see the new pic of Amy and saw that the Free Patterns section was cleaned up, but that's it!!

kemp
04-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Is that your garden in the backgroud of your new pic, Amy? Very pretty. Love the new logo too! :happydance:

Where is this new logo? I don't see it.

I see the new pic of Amy and saw that the Free Patterns section was cleaned up, but that's it!! You might need to hit refresh on your browser. You may be looking at a cached page.

amy
04-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Beldie, your computer probably has the old one stashed. Hit "refresh" (or F5) a few times....

Oh, I just saw that Kemp said the same thing; oops.

Kemp, we took the pic on the gorgeous Smith College Campus which is nearby.

I WISH my garden looked like that! I planted dozens of daffodils one year and none of them came up! :( I swear, nothing will grow in my front yard. It's pure sand, and pure shade. I spread a dump-truck's worth of gorgeous compost all over the front yard a couple of years ago, and STILL nothing will grow there, too shady. Any recommendations for affordable shade-loving ground cover???....Grass just won't grow there!

Amy

VictoiseC
04-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah, nice picture Amy! You are so photogenic!
What a drag to have too much shade. I have to do some ground cover this year... I think this stuff called vinca is a good bet.
I'll have to do a check re the shade, but it's a nice ground cover. There are like 3 or 4 which are really good.
Phlox is neat, those little white or pink or purple flowers but I think it likes shade.

kemp
04-20-2005, 11:21 AM
I have many hostas under my giant tree lots of shade...although they are a pretty common shade plant there are lots of variety and I have the ones that keep clumping and sprouting babies nearby so you can keep transplanting. I also have some sweet woodroof that is pretty and a low ground cover.

Galium odoratum
Sweet Woodruff
ZONE 4, HT 10-12", PART SHADE Beautiful ground cover has whirls of bright green leaves and delicate white flowers in May. Used to make the German "May Wine." Leaves are dried for potpourri.

twiggyann
04-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I love the new logo. I haven't had much time to look through the other changes but what I have seen looks great.

beldaraan
04-20-2005, 12:54 PM
I see the sun now!! Yay! Nice and cheerful!

VictoiseC
04-20-2005, 01:24 PM
:( I don't see no sun! where is it? I did the f5 thing and refresh. Maybe I'll clear my cache.

Oh yeah, hostas are great, the purple flower things on mine are great and you can just keep dividing them. I want to see what that sweet woodruf is... will do a google.

roxyquiksilver34
04-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Amy does indeed photograph beautifully - it's nice to have such a friendly, pretty face greet us on the homepage :D

--- Thank you again for all your fine work, chief!

roxyquiksilver34
04-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah, nice picture Amy! You are so photogenic!
What a drag to have too much shade. I have to do some ground cover this year... I think this stuff called vinca is a good bet.
I'll have to do a check re the shade, but it's a nice ground cover. There are like 3 or 4 which are really good.
Phlox is neat, those little white or pink or purple flowers but I think it likes shade.

I LOVE vinca bowles -- aka periwinkle= cheap, pretty and sturdy ground cover for partial/full shade.

Rennagayle
04-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Great job, Amy! I'm especially enjoying the pattern page. I love the way you've labeled the degree of difficulty on the patterns, even identifying what makes some swing from beginner (that's me) to intermediate (me, some day soon :thumbsup: ). I agree with others that you are very photogenic. Your sweet nature really comes through in your photos.

Ivy is also a good ground cover which grows well in shade or sun. Asian Jasmine is also a good ground cover. If it's colorful flowers you're wanting, then impatiens are the ticket. They are not a ground cover, and they are an annual (meaning, you have to set new ones out each year), but they are available in beautiful, vibrant, colors, which go along way to brightening up a shady yard. :D