PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I want some!!!

aliassak
04-23-2005, 02:46 PM
I saw the crochet hooks they do in the May 05 issue of Crochet! Magazine and had to check it out. I love the needles!! Must. Own. One.

http://www.glasspens.com/needles.html

brookenic
04-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Those are nice. Really pretty! ~Brooke

KellyK
04-23-2005, 02:58 PM
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL....and I wonder how knitting with glass would be???
but would TOTALLY deplete my knitting budget :(

Nuno930
04-23-2005, 03:39 PM
NMS... too bad I dont know any other knitters. That would be a nice gift.

Sara
04-23-2005, 04:56 PM
DH is a Pyrex fanatic, maybe I'll get him a pen for Christmas.

feministmama
04-23-2005, 06:02 PM
I would be too scared to use them. What if they break?

rebecca
04-23-2005, 06:07 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart:
I want, I want....but, could u imagine?! If I had that kind of $, Don't think I could do it...well, maybe for one pair, like a size 8 or something that is used a bunch!! :thumbsup:

Silver
04-23-2005, 06:29 PM
They're beautiful, but at those prices, imagine how much yarn you could buy!!! :shock:

aliassak
04-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I would be too scared to use them. What if they break?

They all have a lifetime warranty, no questions!

Sara
04-24-2005, 08:35 PM
They're borosilicate glass. It's what they make Pyrex out of. It can break, it's just pretty tough to do and knitting isn't really an activity that would put a lot of stress on them. Also, they only make them in larger sized needles. I wouldn't cart them around town with me, I suppose. Not a lot of gadgets make me drool, but these needles are one of them.

Nicoley
04-24-2005, 10:20 PM
they are pretty!.... BUT they are CRAZY exspensive... i guess im a cheap person.... they could be made of PURE gold and give you an orgasam when you touched them and i STILL wouldnt pay that much for a pair of knitting needles... lol :shock:

Sara
04-24-2005, 10:51 PM
They would be so smooth, they would get warm as you worked with them... No way in heaven would I pay that much. The only reason I would consider a pen for DH is because he has worked in glass science. But I just realized that he would get really mad at me for spending that much on a pen instead of a canoe! :lol:

amy
04-26-2005, 12:29 AM
:inlove: OMG, those are enchanting! I absolutely love them. Or did until I *gasp* :shock: saw the price!! Holy maceral! Geesh, good thing I was already sitting down! Phew, 'scuze me while I fan myself and drink some water for a moment.....

They sure are pretty though. :drooling: 'Scuze my while I look again at them and drool out all the water I just drank..... (sorry to make such a gross mess, but that's the price you pay for torturing us with such a thing aliassak!)

Oh no, I can't believe this. I'm SO not a material gal, but ....I'm....getting ...weak. Must. Have. Pretty. Needl.... *amy passes out from inner conflict*

Amy

amourbliss
04-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Beautiful, but very expensive!!! :inlove:

Julie
04-26-2005, 12:51 AM
LOL....this is Amy: http://home.comcast.net/~joy_sg/goodbad.gif

amy
04-26-2005, 12:58 AM
:roflhard: Julie, where on earth did you find that?! LOL. That is SO me right now.

I just emailed the link to DH, merely to share with them how pretty they are, honest. :angelgrin: ....hmmm, I don't think I've ever dropped a birthday hint *ahem* 8 months in advance. :thinking: Do you think he'll pick up on it? :shifty:

Amy

Egeria
04-26-2005, 02:36 AM
Good idea Amy, you've given him plenty of time to save up!!

KellyK
04-26-2005, 07:23 AM
'scuze me while I fan myself and drink some water for a moment.....I'm SO not a material gal, but ....I'm....getting ...weak. Must. Have. Pretty. Needl.... *amy passes out from inner conflict*

*Kelly wearing a huge hoop skirt dress made from green velvet curtains*
Ah there any Gentlemen in heyah? Amy has dropped her hankie! Will someone get her a mint julep raht quick?!? OH MAH!!! :shock:

Julie
04-26-2005, 08:50 AM
LOL...Amy, I am a board admin on another forum,and I must say I spend more time than I should fulfilling smilie requests. :rollseyes: :mrgreen:

feministmama
04-26-2005, 02:14 PM
LOL....this is Amy: http://home.comcast.net/~joy_sg/goodbad.gif

YES you win for funniest emoticon!!! :thumbsup: