PDA

View Full Version : OT - what's your Myers-Briggs type?

gardenia
04-23-2005, 04:58 PM
I thought it would be fun to share our Myers-Briggs types, if you know them. I think the whole thing is fascinating. It doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know about yourself -- just helps us see how our personalities fit in with other people's.

I'll start: I'm INFP (http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html). Big, giant NF, relatively low I and P. I can find some links to more info about this if no one knows what the heck I'm talking about.

Happy Saturday. I need chocolate. Lots of chocolate. :-P

feministmama
04-23-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm an ENFJ

Silver
04-23-2005, 06:30 PM
um.. speak english. :lol:

MaggieL
04-23-2005, 06:45 PM
I need an interpreter. :thinking:

KellyK
04-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Yup, Gardy...you had better post a link to the Meyers-Briggs test.

gardenia
04-23-2005, 07:14 PM
:doh: OK. Sorry. This is an explanation (http://www.personalitypage.com/info.html). That should help.

There is a free, unofficial Myers-Briggs test here (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp).

If you haven't had a test, it is really fun and sort of addicting. Very useful for enhancing teamwork at work, helping people understand each other. Useful in personal relationships, too.

Sorry I left out all the explanation in the original post. :oops:

gardenia
04-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Yup, Gardy...you had better post a link to the Meyers-Briggs test.
Kelly, I'm 103% sure you're a giant E, as in EXTRAVERT!!!!! :lol:

KellyK
04-23-2005, 07:29 PM
I am an ENFP

My highest score was on the F part, then the E (yes, gardenia!), followed by N & P.

twiggyann
04-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Your Type is
ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
67 75 38 22

ISTP type description by D.Keirsey
ISTP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
distinctively expressed introvert

distinctively expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

brookenic
04-23-2005, 08:07 PM
I am an ISFJ. :D

gardenia
04-23-2005, 08:08 PM
One more thing. Once you take a test, you can go here (http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html) for a description of your "type."

Based on people's descriptions of themselves, which I've read in several forums on the Net, it seems knitters are all kinds of people with many different personalities, careers and interests. :happydance:

javede
04-24-2005, 02:07 AM
Oh, I'm an INTJ --"The Scientist".
Funny enough part of the characterization is indeed true, while others are not.

Egeria
04-24-2005, 05:35 AM
That is so weird. 10 years ago I wasn an INFJ...and now I'm an ESFJ!

Very interesting! I'm just reading the description now...we'll see if it is actually me.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-24-2005, 10:27 AM
GREAT idea Gardenia!!!!!!! :cheering:

ENTJ
Scores according to this scale:
E= 89 very expressed extrovert
N=65 distinctively expressed intuitive personality
T=65 distinctively expressed thinking personality
J=80 very expressed judging personality
(are you surprised :lol:)

One course for my masters degree involved an in-depth study of teaching styles,learning styles, and multiple intelligences. We did lots of activities finding out our style (my results were consistant with those of a similar test taken last summer), and then talking about why we seem to relate to some students, and others just totally get on our nerves; now instead of going "arrgghhhh i can't stand this kid!" I think "Okay, he's doing this because ___, and I have to do ___ to help him". We also talked about how we learn better outside of our most comfortable style, becasue it forces us to think in a different way.

Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences has alwasy been a facination of mine; i take careful consideration of this when designing activities for my classroom. Basically, Gardner says that the stigma of "you're only smart if you're good at math and reading and writing" that most schools and classrooms hold is asinine, and that we are all "intelligent" in different ways (and teachers and schools should take this into consideration). Here is a link (http://www.mitest.com/o7inte~1.htm) to a multiple intelligence quiz like the personality one G posted. This quiz only sites the 7 original "intelligences" (linguistic, mathematical-logical, spatial, musical, interpersonal, intrapersonal, bodily-kinesthetic) but recently another was added (naturalistic). Anywho, if you're interested in which "intelligence" you favor, try that quiz. It was interesting for me to think, too, about why I lack so much in one area.... for instance, I always come out with my strongest being musical intelligence (duh), and my second highest being linguistic... my lowest is consistantly spatial. I attribute these results to wonderful crystallizing experiences in music and English classes, and to a specific paralyzing experience in art class in 7th grade (KK will agree that i stink at art!... more about crystallizing and parylizing experiences here (http://www.ascd.org/ed_topics/2000armstrong/gardner.html) in my favo book on the topic). My doctoral study is going to be on MI, and I find it interesting to see how a person's "intelligence" (or preferred mode of learning) relates to their Myers-Briggs.

Sorry for the long post, but this is one of my very favorite things in the world to talk about! (don't let me hijack tho, i'm known for that!)

amy
04-24-2005, 10:29 AM
I just took the test on the site, it says I'm an ENFJ, the "Teacher"
(Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)

KellyK, we're nearly the same type! Actually, I think I used to be a "Champion" type at one point too!

Boy, I haven't taken this test in 10 years. It's a neat test. Hmmmm, I wonder what DH is.....

~Amy

javede
04-24-2005, 10:48 AM
My doctoral study is going to be on MI, and I find it interesting to see how a person's "intelligence" (or preferred mode of learning) relates to their Myers-Briggs.

Mine fits:
Linguistic: 7
Logical-Mathematical: 10
Spatial: 6
Bodily-Kinesthetic: 6
Musical: 6
Interpersonal: 6
Intrapersonal: 6

What do the numbers mean by the way? What's the highest?

KellyK
04-24-2005, 11:04 AM
OK - THIS is interesting, considering I dont know how to play an instrument OR even READ music! Hilde....what do you think? Am I just being influenced by YOU??

Musical: 8
Interpersonal: 7
Intrapersonal: 7
Bodily-Kinesthetic: 7
Spatial: 3
Logical-Mathematical: 2

I totally agree with the 2nd - 4th scores. And, the Kinesthetic, now that Ive read the description, because I am always painfully aware of my body language and that of others. I picked up knitting quite quickly, so Im surprised at my Spatial score...especially since I seem to be able to picture patten changes and how they might affect my piece. Hmmmm....

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Javede, whatever your highest number is is your preferred intelligence... so you're a logical-mathematical person. Doesn't necessarily mean that you're good at math, it just means that when faced a problem, it will be easier for you to solve it with numbers and logic vs. movement, music, or language.

KK, I think you're just a wierdo! :D In order to not hijack this thread I'll just PM my thoughts......

Sara
04-24-2005, 12:07 PM
My Myers-Briggs is ESFJ, "The Caregiver". As I read through the description I thought "Gee, that's not me." Then I read it again and realized "Yes,it is."
I'm going to chat with my BFF to get confirmation on this. We've been best friends since we were five.

My MI scores are interesting:
linguistic: 12
logical-mathematical: 8
spatial: 11
Bodily-kinesthetic: 4
Musical: 12
Interpersonal: 8
Intrapersonal: 9

What do the MI numbers actually mean? :??

MaggieL
04-24-2005, 12:22 PM
My DH and I are both ISTJ. I didn't look at the rest of the info. :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-24-2005, 12:25 PM
High Numbers = most preferred intelligence. here (http://adulted.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.weac.org%2Fabout wea%2Fconven97%2Faudio1.htm) are some audio clips of howard gardner explaining each intelligence. here is the homepage (http://www.mitest.com/GRPWEBPG.HTM) of the MI test link I posted earlier... that might offer more insight as well. (not hijacking, not hijacking, not hijacking!)

KellyK
04-24-2005, 12:29 PM
I dont think you are hijacking at all, Hilde...its all related!

(Did everyone know, btw, that Hilde is a GENIUS???)

gardenia
04-24-2005, 01:22 PM
I dont think you are hijacking at all, Hilde...its all related!

Yes, I agree with Kelly! It is all interesting. I think these are all great tools for helping us understand ourselves and others.

<Running downstairs for more coffee> :eyebrow:

wildforyarn
04-24-2005, 05:45 PM
I am an ISFJ (Protector/Guardian), which makes sense for me. I did not look at the MI numbers people are talking about.

hippodamia
04-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Cool! I really liked this test, because I finally felt someone/something may finally understand me :lol: I'm also an INFP. I fit it very well too!!!

I also did the multiple intelligences one and got this:
Linguistic: 6
Logical-Mathematical: 7
Spatial: 4
Musical: 4
Interpersonal: 2 <--- Yikes!! :blush:

Fun!

knitfun
04-25-2005, 11:15 AM
I took this through my job ions ago, but I came back as ENTJ, and I think it is true for the most part. I try not to be too much of a J when I think about it first......

C'est la vie, we are what we are I guess!

The E, N, and T are right on for sure, I just don't like being a J too!

amy
04-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Here are my MI results:

Linguistic: 4
Logical-Mathematical: 6
Spatial: 11 <---not surprised at all, always been my strong point
Bodily-Kinesthetic: 5
Musical: 7
Interpersonal: 6
Intrapersonal: 5

Spatial - the ability to perceive and represent the visual-spatial world accurately, to arrange color, line, shape, form and space to meet the needs of others, to interpret and graphically represent visual or spatial ideas, to transform visual or spatial ideas into imaginative and expressive creations. Possible vocations that use spatial intelligence include illustrator, artist, guide, photographer, interior decorator, painter, clothing designer, weaver, builder, architect, art critic, inventor, or cinematographer. (They forgot to say knitter! ;))

oshnpashn
04-25-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm an ENFJ. Very interesting.

The MI:

Logical-Mathematical: 2

Bodily-Kinesthetic: 8

Interpersonal: 11

Don't know if I like all the low numbers on that!!! I love taking quizzes!!

feministmama
04-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Multiple Intelligences

Your Personal Evaluation

The Seven Intelligence Areas

Linguistic: 5
Logical-Mathematical: 4
Spatial: 8
Bodily-Kinesthetic: 8
Musical: 9
Interpersonal: 8
Intrapersonal: 6

A Short Definition of your Highest Score

Musical - the ability to understand and develop musical technique, to respond emotionally to music and to work together to use music to meet the needs of others, to interpret musical forms and ideas, and to create imaginative and expressive performances and compositions. Possible vocations that use the musical intelligence include technician, music teacher, instrument maker, choral, band, and orchestral performer or conductor, music critic, aficionado, music collector, composer, conductor, and individual or small group performer.

Hmmm.... three of us are ENFJ. DOes that mean anything?

KellyK
04-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Talk to Hilde....she's OBSESSED with this stuff!

Shandeh
10-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Just reviving this old topic, because it's VERY interesting.

I am an INTJ, which EXACTLY describes me.

Linguistic: 5
Logical-Mathematical: 7
Spatial: 5
Bodily-Kinesthetic: 4
Musical: 10
Interpersonal: 1
Intrapersonal: 10

So, it looks like I have the right career as a musician and piano teacher. :teehee:

CateKnits
10-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Sandy, I'm an INTJ.

Shandeh
10-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Cool! I've found a bosom buddy. :teehee:

Quiara
10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm an INFJ. Always have been by every test. Guess at least I'm consistent.

mintdee
10-09-2006, 10:52 PM
This is cool :)

I am ISFP
(so fitting its scary so says my hubby)

and Linguistic: 6

Logical-Mathematical: 0

Spatial: 7

Interpersonal: 1

knit-errant
10-10-2006, 06:48 AM
I'm always an INFP.

Edit: OK, now that I've got my husband and daughter off to work and school and have time to waste, I'm a-takin' tests!

I am once again an INFP. ;)

Introverted: 100%
Intuitive: 38%
Feeling: 56%
Perceiving: 56%

And:
Linguistic: 10

Logical-Mathematical: 5

Spatial: 7

Bodily-Kinesthetic: 4

Musical: 12

Interpersonal: 3

Witchy Mama
10-10-2006, 08:14 AM
did this one that free site you linked

Your Type is
ENFJ
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
11 25 38 11

You are:
slightly expressed extrovert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

SandraEllen
10-10-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm an ESTP.

and
Spatial: 8
Musical: 9
Interpersonal: 4
Intrapersonal: 4

cool stuff...

Nikki
10-10-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm INTJ, looks like I'm in good company, lol. Where are the MI numbers? Did I miss the link.

Nikki
10-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Never mind, I found it.

Musical: 1

Interpersonal: 2

Intrapersonal: 8

DianaM
10-10-2006, 12:31 PM
INFJ - Counselor Idealist

You are:
very expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

:teehee: and I was a counselor/therapist in Mexico, love languages, and did a lot of writing for a while :teehee:

AnreeAce
10-10-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm INFJ, the Counselor Idealist, as well. (is it wrong to be tickled by how rare this type is?)

Introverted 44%
Intuitive 50%
Feeling 62%
Judging 44%

The descriptions are me right down to the ground, especially the kind of perceptiveness & empathy which border on the spooky for some of my friends.

Stiney
10-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I keep changing. I'm very borderline for Introvert/Extrovert.

This time I'm ENTJ:

Extroverted 1
Intuitive 19
Thinking 75
Judging 67

Hm. Butt says I'm a control freak. Yep! Argumentative. Hooo boy yeah. "I'm really sorry you have to die." That...actually does sound like me. :oops: Maybe that Jets song is about me...("Cold Hard B!tch")

Keirsey says I'm a Field Marshal. (And a Mastermind when I go introvert.)

DoulaLyndsey
10-10-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm an ISFP. The description sounds like me exactly!

Shandeh
10-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi janelanespaintbrush!

I LOVE your avatar! :heart: :heart:

That's GOT to be Arthur from "The Tick". SPOON!

Shandeh
10-10-2006, 02:04 PM
I keep changing. I'm very borderline for Introvert/Extrovert.

Perhaps you have multiple personalities? :teehee:

CarmenIbanez
10-10-2006, 02:09 PM
I am an ENTJ. The Field Marshall. And yes, it totally applies to me in every way. But apparently only a very small percentage of people are ENTJs? Huh. Interesting. My breakdown was: Extroverted 67, Intuitive 38, Thinking 16 and Judging 56.

Stiney
10-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Shandeh, I believe they are actually some of the Monarch's minions from Venture Brothers. Which was created by two writers from the Tick. I was watching it, and kept going "THIS IS SO MUCH LIKE THE TICK! (except more adult)" And then I found out why. :)

And I think I just might have MPD. No, I don't! I guess it changes because I'm fairly well-balanced on those two traits. Though I'm definitely Thinking/Judging, it would seem.

Jenelle
10-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted-78 Sensing-25 Feeling-12 Judging-11

Linguistic: 6
Logical-Mathematical: 8
Bodily-Kinesthetic: 9
Musical: 6
Intrapersonal: 8[/u]

Stiney
10-10-2006, 02:47 PM
I actually just saw my first (and so far only) episode a couple of weeks ago. It was "Dia de los destructivos" or something like that. They're in Mexico and the Monarch kidnaps the kids and Dr. Venture loses his kidneys. It was awesome.

jodstr2
10-10-2006, 03:18 PM
ISTJ

introverted - 56%
sensing - 38%
thinking - 25%
judging - 89%

Linguistic: 9

Logical-Mathematical: 5

Spatial: 9

Musical: 11

Interpersonal: 2

Intrapersonal: 8

stitchywitch
10-10-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm always an INFJ, the counselor idealist, and that describes me perfectly! It's nice to see others - one of my best friends is the only other INFJ I've known.

My SO is a strong ISTJ, and so is my best guy friend... perhaps there is something to all of this!

jodstr2
10-10-2006, 04:25 PM
last 2 times I took the test (late '90s and 2001) I was an INFJ.

nadja la claire
10-10-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm ENFJ. I think it pretty much fits me.

Nadja xxx

Jeremy
10-10-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm an INFJ. Always have been by every test. Guess at least I'm consistent.
Me too :D

cgd
10-10-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm an INTP, had to take the test for management training at work. I'm a civil engineer for a state agency, and the predominant type for that is ISTJ, so I have to speak their language. But my boss is an INTP also, so we get along well!

Shandeh
10-10-2006, 09:04 PM
I haven't seen many Tick episodes, but the mustache one was hilarious.

My favorite episode of The Tick was when he was captured, and the villain was trying to cut off one of his antennae....but the saw broke. :roflhard: The Tick never felt a thing, and just kept talking about his insecurities the whole time. :teehee:

hedgehog
10-10-2006, 10:22 PM
stitchywitch, i'm an INFJ too... very much so! my dad is an INFP so we get along quite well.

-hh

Shavon
10-10-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm an INTJ - It's great to see so many others!

Introverted 33%
Intuitive 62%
Thinking 25%
Judging 44%

I know I've taken this test many times before for school (I have an undergrad and grad background in psychology) and I swear it seems like my personality has been changing over time! I remember at one time I was an ISFJ - but this seems a lot more characteristic of me now, go figure.

Logical-Mathematical: 10

Spatial: 1

Musical: 3

Also very accurate for me - I love personality tests! :happydance:

CarmenIbanez
10-11-2006, 11:27 AM
What is really weird is that one year ago, because our school merged with another school, I lost my position as a middle school teacher of algebra. So I took the computer teacher position, so I could stay with the school and my son could stay in the school. I had NEVER considered technology of any kind as a career. I love computers, computer games and the internet and I am very knowledgeable, but was never interested in a job in the field. When I took the test last week, I ran across an article that said that almost 70% of technology educators are ENTJs. Which is pretty fascinating since we are supposedly only 2% of the population. So was I just destined to work in technology? :teehee:

stitchwitch
10-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
78 88 50 56

INTJ type description by D.Keirsey
INTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
very expressed introvert

very expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Dilly
10-11-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm an ISTJ.

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted 100%
Sensing 38%
Thinking 100%
Judging 22%

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* very expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Logical-Mathematical: 3
Bodily-Kinesthetic: 3
Interpersonal: 0

According to these, I don't like other people very much. :shrug:

Stiney
10-11-2006, 06:20 PM
...is it just me or are we almost all J's?

Hehe, we're a very judmental group.

Shandeh
10-11-2006, 08:27 PM
:teehee:

The funniest part is that we never criticize each other! :hug:

Stiney
10-11-2006, 09:11 PM
:hug:

I save that for other people. I am a bad person. :oops:

CarmenIbanez
10-11-2006, 10:32 PM
How about criticizing in my own mind. Is that bad?

Celine
10-12-2006, 06:58 AM
ESFJ. I remember taking that test in highschool. I don't think I've changed very much!! :teehee: