PDA

View Full Version : OT sorta: Knitter's Geek Code Q?

KNITBIT
04-24-2005, 01:35 PM
OK...ummm I finally set up my Knitter's Geek code :happydance:! I've been reading other knitter's geek codes now that I made my own I understand them better.

Neway...I was noticing quite a few people have (KCR= knit continental right) Am I reading this correct? If so, that's where I sorta get confused....how does someone knit this way...? I mean...."continental" is holding the thread in the left hand and using a "picking" method. So I was wondering where the RIGHT comes in??? :??

Also...after reading alot of knitter's geek codes I haven't come across another KCL, like myself...I'm a HARDCORE lefty, to put it lightly :rofling: ! Any other KCL out there? :D

1 last thing.......Umm...how do I make (KNITTER's GEEK CODE) in my signature into a link to the site? :doh:

Thanks in Advance all!! :thumbsup:
KNITBIT :XX:

KellyK
04-24-2005, 01:39 PM
1 last thing.......Umm...how do I make (KNITTER's GEEK CODE) in my signature into a link to the site? :doh:

Right-click on the link in my sig, choose "copy shortcut" and paste that into your sig.

KNITBIT
04-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks Kel!!! Got the link there! How do I change it to just show "Knitter's Geek Code" without showing the URL address??? :??

Thanks!

KellyK
04-24-2005, 04:11 PM
oh....sorry!

Add this to the end of your link:
Knitters Geek Code[/url]

KNITBIT
04-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Ugh....Says my signature's too long. :rollseyes: Oh well....Thanks anyways!

KellyK
04-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Mine did the same at first....try removing the word "geek"

KNITBIT
04-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Ok lol update:

I tried doing that still too long.. :(

Now I right clicked on Amy's (geek code link) and noticed the url was shortened. So I tried that and it worked. But now...........when I put Knitter's Geek Code [/url] it doesn't come up right. It shows it like below:

Knitter's Geek Code [/url] http://tinyurl.com/45t3h

When I put it in my signature I put:

http://tinyurl.com/45t3h Knitter's Geek Code [/url]

..but that's how it looks when I update my profile and on my posts

I've tried putting (Knitter's Geek Code [/url] before and after the URL but..it still shows the URL on my postings.

Hmm??? :??

KNITBIT

KNITBIT
04-24-2005, 05:45 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: I figured it out...Hit reply to a post then clicked on the URL examples above the message box and used that as a guide. YIPPEEEE!! :happydance: