PDA

View Full Version : Babywearer

Gatomoso
04-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I finished it! Here are a couple of pictures. I knit it in Manos del Uruguay and Merino Frappe. The pattern is from Little Turtle Knits.

KellyK
04-25-2005, 01:14 PM
OMG you are FAST! :shock: It looks GREAT! Cheerful color, too!

KatyKoolkat
04-25-2005, 03:20 PM
can i borrow your pattern? how does it work? Is it actually a pouch they sit in? I have an eighteen month old that I nanny for and that would be prefect! Of course, I understand if you don't want to let me 'borrow' it, but it does look really cool!

Katy

KatyKoolkat
04-25-2005, 03:33 PM
can i borrow your pattern? how does it work? Is it actually a pouch they sit in? I have an eighteen month old that I nanny for and that would be prefect! Of course, I understand if you don't want to let me 'borrow' it, but it does look really cool!

Katy

carollovesyarn
04-25-2005, 07:49 PM
I love the color! It looks so cozy. Nice work! Big smile! :D

Carol

Gatomoso
04-25-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm sorry, KatyKoolkat. I wish I could, but I cannot in good conscience share the pattern. It would be wrong to do that to Theresa of Little Turtle Knits since this is her main source of income. If it were any other pattern I would gladly share it and give you my notes! Heck, I'd come over and help you knit it up! Sorry that I can't.

The baby is in a baby carrier, in my case, a sling. The pouch is just for added snuggly-ness for the baby. Here's a link to the pattern. It's $15. $15 well-spent bucks!

http://www.littleturtleknits.com/adultpatterns.htm

Sara
04-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Beautiful work! (That includes the baby, how adorable!)

feministmama
04-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Wow! :cheering: How long did it take you? And ALL in manos?!?!? That musta been expensive but any baby that cute deserves it. yeah you! :notworthy:

gardenia
04-25-2005, 11:18 PM
That is sooooo cute. :inlove: Made me smile.

Gatomoso
04-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Wow! :cheering: How long did it take you? And ALL in manos?!?!? That musta been expensive but any baby that cute deserves it. yeah you! :notworthy:

Hi, oh-inspiring-one! :notworthy: It took me way longer than it should have because I miscalculated the sleeve length and made it way too long. I had to undo it three times!!!! :doh: So, instead of finishing it in 2 or 3 weeks, it took me over a month.

As for the yarn, I did it with two yarns - just to increase the price even more!!!! ;) So it's Manos with Merino Frappe by Crystal Palace. Manos was a little too rough and since it was going to be around Lucia's face, I wanted it to be soft; the Merino Frappe did just the trick! I tend to spend too much on yarn . . . :oops: Don't tell my husband!